New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Adventure Time: Trouble in the Bubble Kingdom (IC)

Characters (for reference) - OOC

It's a been a quiet week in your little corner of Ooo. No damsels in distress, no rampaging monster hoards, not even a pet stuck up a tree (or indeed, a tree stuck up a pet, which happens distressingly often in Ooo).

Oscar, Split and Samuel are hanging out at their home outside the Candy Kingdom, keeping themselves busy with their own pursuits, when a large pinkish bubble squeezes in through an open window and floats into the center of the main room. Before anyone can react the bubble pops loudly and a metal object, about the size of a hyooman fist drops onto the ground with a thud. A light on the top flickers and a holographic display appears above it.

“Heroes of the Land of Ooo, heed my call, the Bubble Kingdom is in grave danger! Though carefully hidden, it has somehow been infiltrated by evil dust monsters! Theyʼre, like, seriously messing up the place! If you will help, come to the Bubblegum Bash in the Candy Kingdom. From there, I will be able to use my soap power to transport you to my kingdom! Please help!”

Looks like your quiet streak is at an end...
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2013-02-08 at 05:21 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure Time: Trouble in the Bubble Kingdom (IC)

Oscar is outside, practicing his swordsmanship against a giant dandelion (giant for a dandelion, at least - maybe half his size). He parries a few invisible thrusts as the wind moves the stem in nearly unpredicatible directions before stepping forward and stabbing just at the side.

He steps back, pleased with that hit and prepares for another round when a bubble comes floating by. His sword goes to his belt, almost as a subconscious move, as he starts to follow the shiny bubble to wherever it is heading.

He wanders into the main room just as the bubble pops, surprised by the solid object that drops out. The first line gets his attention, and by the time the message finishes, Oscar has begun gathering the standard adventuring supplies with a slightly fanciful step, due to the meeting location.

"Come now, friends. Our aid has been requested, and 'tis our duty to provide for a kingdom in distress."
    Last edited by Serby; 2013-02-07 at 06:53 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sam gathers his supplies.

Bubble Kingdom? I've never been there before, but if they need help, it's definitely worth checking out. If the Bubble Kingdom is carefully hidden though, how will we find it?

4. - Top - End - #4

"If it's an adventure, we had better call Nacho. He'd be pretty upset if he missed out." Sam rifles through some piles of junk on the floor until he finds his phone. It was made out of some pieces of pre war technology and he never knew its original use. Held together tenuously by various adhesives, he dialed Nacho's number.
    Last edited by hobbitkniver; 2013-02-13 at 04:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Nacho felt his phone vibrating from its perch on top of his head. He liked to keep it there while he meditated on his Ultimate Concept. Balancing it helped focus his mind while he sat atop the Sphere. Unfortunately the vibrations made him fall to the floor. He bounced back quick and flipped it open.

"Yo yo, Samuel. What's up?"
    Last edited by Segway; 2013-02-13 at 05:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Uh, hi Nacho. Have you ever heard of the Bubble Kingdom? Apparently, it's in some serious danger."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

"Bubble Kingdom? Can't say I've ever been there. Tell me what's up, Sam."

Nacho went to the fridge and grabbed a cold bottle of water juice. If there was some serious business going down, he couldn't think about it while thirsty.

8. - Top - End - #8

"I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. They're being attacked by some evil dust monster, but I'm not sure how they even managed to find us. Come down to the Candy Kingdom and we/ll figure it out from there."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

"Dust Monster, huh? I'm on my way. Cheezout."

With a flick of his wrist Nacho snapped his phone shut. "Sounds serious. I'd better grab everything I'll need." He looked around his living space and found what he was seeking. "Backpack!" he said to himself. "If you're going to go on an adventure you'll need a backpack. Now for supplies..."

He grabbed a bunch of stuff he thought would be useful and put it on over his traveling cape. "Oh, I almost forgot! Can't leave without the ol' cheeseknife." Nacho grabbed up a freshly sharpened dagger and stuck it in it's sheathe. Nacho picked up his magic orb and set out for the Candy Kingdom.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aye. The message came by way of bubble, as one might expect."

Oscar continued to prepare for the trip to the center of the Candy Kingdom, his shiniest helm on his head and a cleaning cloth in case of trouble finding them on the way.

Double-checking that his sword was on display at his belt, Oscar turns to his Hyooman friend once he closes his phone. "Be there any last supplies needed for our journey? If this danger be real and of such severity that our presence has become necessary, I fear our return may well be delayed."

11. - Top - End - #11

Sam digs through the pile of tech again until he finds a couple of gadgets and stuffs them in his bag.

"I think we have everything we need. We will be going through the city though, if we have forgotten anything."

Sam puts on his lion hat to hide his gills and exits the house with Oscar.
    Last edited by hobbitkniver; 2013-02-13 at 10:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

(ooc: accelerating ahead, since you guys need to meet up before anything significant happens)

It was already late afternoon when the bubble message arrived, and by the time you arrive in the Candy Kingdom the sun is starting to set.

Very few of the Candy People seem to be around. Posters and flyers posted on various buildings, walls, and one stuck to the back of a very large jawbreaker man, advertise The Bubblegum Bash.

-----
    The Bubblegum Bash!

The greatest party in Ooo is back! Princess Bubblegum is holding the annual Bubblegum Bash at Candy Castle, 5pm Friday! Come and party your brains out!*

Be there or be square!**

*Invite only.

**Or circular, for those of you who are already square-shaped.

-----

It's already past 5pm and you can hear loud music playing. It's not hard to find the castle, it being the largest building in the city.

The three of you meet in the courtyard outside the castle. Stairs lead up the the main entrance where a pair of Banana Guards stand watch at the doors.The main doors are closed but you can hear laugher and cheers over the music; must be one heck of a party.

Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2013-02-14 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Forgot that there's only 3 of you so far
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

"It would have been nice if we'd gotten an invitation instead of just a holo tape. Anyone got any ideas?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oscar stands behind the jawbreaker man long enough to read the note, before pausing with a thought.

"Quite. Still, it might be that a request to be present is sufficient invitation."

15. - Top - End - #15

"But then we'd reveal our mission to everyone. If the Bubble Kingdom truly is in a secret location, I'm not sure I want to bring it up."
    Last edited by hobbitkniver; 2013-02-15 at 12:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

A look of shock crosses Oscar's face as he leans in and whispers to Sam. "Surely you can't mean that you suspect a threat is present among the Banana Guards! Or the court of the Candy Kingdom."

17. - Top - End - #17

"They could cause us trouble whether they mean to or not. If you see it fit to alert them as to our mission, you can do so, but we should be cautious with our mission."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

From around the corner of the building the scent of cheesy, fresh nachos wafts on the air...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oscar's eyes widen for a moment before he responds. "Ah. I understand your meaning now." He taps his snout in a manner that suggests that he still doesn't, but that the misunderstanding shouldn't be problematic.

At the smell of nachos, Oscar sniffs the air and turns, but keeps himself from moving by reminding himself of the mission.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Near the castle entrance, one of the banana guards seems to have noticed the scent of cheese.

"Hey, you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"Dunno. Something... funky."

"Wasn't me, man."

The first guard sniffs at his arm a bit.

"Not me either. Eh, it's not important anyway." he says, though he continues to sniff at the air.

"...I'm gonna go check it out."

"Whatever."

One banana guard begins slowly moving down the steps, sniffing at the air as he goes.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the guard leaves his post, Oscar walks up to the remaining guard, doing his best to present his position as a Hot Dog Knight as he does so.

"Ho, friend Banana Guard! I am afraid this Hot Dog Knight must make a request of you. We have business inside and must request that you let us through this door."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

The guard glances at Oscar with disinterest.

"If you have business then I assume you have a permit or other identification, as well as a good reason for not using the business entrance?"
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Int check to guess entrance location: (1d20+4)[6]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    Int check to guess entrance location: [roll0]
    You guess that the business entrance is likely around the back somewhere, because there's always a back entrace to these places, right?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Do you guys think there's a back entrance? It's worth a shot if we don't have any other ideas.