New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Paul rips off a hunk of the bird and places it a few inches forward from the hole.

Come on out, little one. Still plenty of flesh on this carcass to feed you as well as I.

2. - Top - End - #392

If the rat emerges Paul will attempt to contact its mind.

Channel attempt:

(1d100-14)[60]

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

"Such a terrible liar. Shame whatever it was is preventing me from getting the truth out of you, but so be it." She looks at the lights every few minutes to test her abilities. They always flicker every now and then anyways.

"Not weakness per se, but it shows a lack of confidence, though it sounds like you weren't exactly working with experts. Still, if you have to arm a bunch of inexperienced guys with thermal scopes, military grade weapons and so forth..." She trails off, figuring it was clear where she was going. "There's fighting against the odds. Not smart. Then there's being prepared. That's proper. Then there's using an assault rifle to take out a Spearow. That's just ridiculous overkill. But hey, you guys apparently needed all of that to take out a caravan. So be it."

"Oh, 'think' implies I'm uncertain. Perhaps I'm wrong, but all evidence says that you are, causing me to believe myself certain. Your motive likely varies, but your actions are those of a sociopath. Murdering in broad daylight regardless of the risk, repeated offenses with no signs of remorse, and at times even reveling in the act... Yep, textbook sociopath. Oh, and extra points for believing it is for some greater purpose. In fact, your motive is irrelevant. Your actions are those of one who lacks empathy and does not acknowledge or care for the consequences of their actions to yourself or others. If that's not sociopathic, then I'm a Mystic."

She lies down on the table, annoyed but putting up with it for now, since she lacked a choice. "I'm sure you could find an Empath who can dig for the answer. Or you can remember back to about a minute ago where I outlined my reasons. Void, you know my name, you likely know my history. Your answer should practically write itself. Now what do you want with me? You won't get ransom, that's for sure. Not even in the team yet, and my family doesn't give a Patrat's ass about me, so you're just **** out of luck there. And if it was recruitment like I guessed earlier, again, how about approaching people instead of violently abducting them? Well, ****ty methods of recruitment. Guess it goes with the ****ty recruits that it garners." Artemis stretches and yawns, a few joints popping. "So do you have any questions on things that only I can answer, or is this the part where you act on that threat you made earlier and put me through pain to get answers to questions that any decent bit of research could likely dig up?"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    This is quite interesting. I assume your with some other organization like Team Rocket. An organization who takes pains to remain hidden, or at least your illicit activies don't come to light. What does the G stand for?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Galactic; a place where people like us can work for things larger than you or I can even imagine. But anyways, our proposition, Anni says, a grin on his face. You are a prospect for Team Rocket. Due to your background with technologically and those experiments there is a good chance you'll be thrown into that group. Now, the man that leaked us the Skorupi tech has gone missing and we could use a new friend in the system. You'll be well compensated as befits the inherent dangers of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    With freedom to move, Gerald looks around first, before trying to drag the cot and table over to the side. He then takes stock of what's in the room with him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There doesn't seem to be much other than what you found in your initial attempt; the silverware, paper, pens and pencils.You do find a small piece of concrete chipped off from the wall under the bed, but it is only about the size of your fist.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    If the rat emerges Paul will attempt to contact its mind.

Channel attempt:

[roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Pokemon emerges from the hole hesitantly; it is probably the smallest Rattata you have ever seen. The thick scars on its back belie it's age; it has to be at least a year or two with those marks, yet it is smaller than most newborns. As your mind brushes against it it recoils in terror, almost running away, but stopping as you make further contact, looking at you with curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Such a terrible liar. Shame whatever it was is preventing me from getting the truth out of you, but so be it." She looks at the lights every few minutes to test her abilities. They always flicker every now and then anyways.

"Not weakness per se, but it shows a lack of confidence, though it sounds like you weren't exactly working with experts. Still, if you have to arm a bunch of inexperienced guys with thermal scopes, military grade weapons and so forth..." She trails off, figuring it was clear where she was going. "There's fighting against the odds. Not smart. Then there's being prepared. That's proper. Then there's using an assault rifle to take out a Spearow. That's just ridiculous overkill. But hey, you guys apparently needed all of that to take out a caravan. So be it."

"Oh, 'think' implies I'm uncertain. Perhaps I'm wrong, but all evidence says that you are, causing me to believe myself certain. Your motive likely varies, but your actions are those of a sociopath. Murdering in broad daylight regardless of the risk, repeated offenses with no signs of remorse, and at times even reveling in the act... Yep, textbook sociopath. Oh, and extra points for believing it is for some greater purpose. In fact, your motive is irrelevant. Your actions are those of one who lacks empathy and does not acknowledge or care for the consequences of their actions to yourself or others. If that's not sociopathic, then I'm a Mystic."

She lies down on the table, annoyed but putting up with it for now, since she lacked a choice. "I'm sure you could find an Empath who can dig for the answer. Or you can remember back to about a minute ago where I outlined my reasons. Void, you know my name, you likely know my history. Your answer should practically write itself. Now what do you want with me? You won't get ransom, that's for sure. Not even in the team yet, and my family doesn't give a Patrat's ass about me, so you're just **** out of luck there. And if it was recruitment like I guessed earlier, again, how about approaching people instead of violently abducting them? Well, ****ty methods of recruitment. Guess it goes with the ****ty recruits that it garners." Artemis stretches and yawns, a few joints popping. "So do you have any questions on things that only I can answer, or is this the part where you act on that threat you made earlier and put me through pain to get answers to questions that any decent bit of research could likely dig up?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sociopath? SOCIOPATH!?! Do you know how much planning, how much prep went into this plan? Three. Years. THREE! I've wasted a tenth of my life on this plan. The Skorupi, this fortress; does a sociopath do that? And the murders! THE MURDERS! Seven groups of Rocket grunts, including you, have come chasing me to Lavender since then. Only two made it past the muking Skorupi. The fact is you. Lost. Admit it!he says, obviously angry. Apparently being called a sociopath didn't sit well with him.

When Saffron is burning to the ground, your little Rocket friends screaming in pain as the storm falls on them, then we'll see who's laughing. Anyways; you and your friends killed my bird; if I didn't repay the favor I'd be doing myself a disservice, no? he says, angrily getting up and leaving, Telekinesis causing the door to slam shut.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis smiles. "Yes, a sociopath would do that.

I didn't touch your bird, dumbass! That was Paul!"
    she yells as he storms off.

Artemis looks around her cell bored. Don't want to write. Maybe draw in a bit. She proceeds to get on the floor and do some push ups.

Pot calling the kettle black, don't you think? Just a sore loser. They won that fight, and you'd take every advantage you could if you had the resources they did. Perhaps, but I couldn't care less about how factual my point was. Except the sociopathy. Or is it psychopathy? I always mixed those two up. Regardless, you were lying through your teeth about the battle. Not the point. I don't really care. We failed, which annoys me, but so be it. That's the card we're delt. Still, until I figure out a way out of here, I want nothing to do with them. Rocket won't take kindly to a turncoat, and if this is their recruitment method, I have no interest in furthering this freak's goals. And what of his parting words? Of Aquilla?

She pauses at 20.

...nothing but an empty threat to illicit fear. He'd have killed me if they didn't want me around for some reason, and they'll get nothing but anger if they killed him. Besides, a Rufflet would at the very least sell for some good money. Killing would be a waste... He'd live, at least...

Artemis gives a shiver and bites her lip and tongue. She lifts the mattress off her bed and props it against the wall before practicing kicks with her free leg and punches against it. One! And. Two! And...

Yes, he seemed to be at the peak of rational just then. He'd never do anything rash.

She swings a fist and slams into a spring, throwing her off. "Muk it." She tosses the mattress back on the cot and lies down... That stupid roast Pidgey! She screams and throws it and the plate against the wall. She yanks against the chain again, even if it was futile. Artemis begins screaming obscenities in Unovan again, hitting just about anything she can reach. If she bruised a hand, all the better. She remembered how good it felt to just black out the room she stayed in before, and wished she could do the same now. She gives it a shot, even though it would likely fail.

Assuming she is uninterrupted during this, she tires after 20-30 minutes, and falls onto the bed, sweating, shaking, crying, and not feeling an ounce better. She falls asleep. Maybe whatever was blocking her powers would work its way through her system.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-09-29 at 03:30 AM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo tries to rub his eyes as he awakens.He purposefully uses the chained hand so that it makes a rattling sound. 'Oh, come now. Whose the silly little Slowpoke who chained up the cripple? It's not like I can go anywhere.'

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[26]

He sighs. 'Man, think this is THE second worst thing I've ever woken up to. I mean the worst is still that time when I had that threesome in Fallarbor. Don't get me wrong, the sex was awesome. But when you wake up and find you've fallen asleep in front of an angry Zangoose nest, you gotta run away fast. That's how I got this scar on my ass.'

'Oh, and sorry for throwing my food away. Mum would hand me my ass if she knew I was wasting food. Got anything else to eat before I see Anni? I haven't eating in .... how long was it anyway?'

Romeo was talking a million miles a minute. Gives his enemy less time to think. Right now, they underestimated him. They would still assume him a cripple. That and even with Romeo's legs functioning, he'd still easily be the weakest member of the group, the least threatening.

He looks around the room, noting how many people were in here, and possible disguises and any possible weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[11]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Hm. That is less helpful that he wanted. He picks up the chair, and props it on it's side before beginning to try and rip out a leg (mostly by alternating pulling and pushing on it) as he thought. If he could get the toilet up somehow, he could possibly work with that, but armaments first.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis smiles. "Yes, a sociopath would do that.

I didn't touch your bird, dumbass! That was Paul!"
    she yells as he storms off.

Artemis looks around her cell bored. Don't want to write. Maybe draw in a bit. She proceeds to get on the floor and do some push ups.

Pot calling the kettle black, don't you think? Just a sore loser. They won that fight, and you'd take every advantage you could if you had the resources they did. Perhaps, but I couldn't care less about how factual my point was. Except the sociopathy. Or is it psychopathy? I always mixed those two up. Regardless, you were lying through your teeth about the battle. Not the point. I don't really care. We failed, which annoys me, but so be it. That's the card we're delt. Still, until I figure out a way out of here, I want nothing to do with them. Rocket won't take kindly to a turncoat, and if this is their recruitment method, I have no interest in furthering this freak's goals. And what of his parting words? Of Aquilla?

She pauses at 20.

...nothing but an empty threat to illicit fear. He'd have killed me if they didn't want me around for some reason, and they'll get nothing but anger if they killed him. Besides, a Rufflet would at the very least sell for some good money. Killing would be a waste... He'd live, at least...

Artemis gives a shiver and bites her lip and tongue. She lifts the mattress off her bed and props it against the wall before practicing kicks with her free leg and punches against it. One! And. Two! And...

Yes, he seemed to be at the peak of rational just then. He'd never do anything rash.

She swings a fist and slams into a spring, throwing her off. "Muk it." She tosses the mattress back on the cot and lies down... That stupid roast Pidgey! She screams and throws it and the plate against the wall. She yanks against the chain again, even if it was futile. Artemis begins screaming obscenities in Unovan again, hitting just about anything she can reach. If she bruised a hand, all the better. She remembered how good it felt to just black out the room she stayed in before, and wished she could do the same now. She gives it a shot, even though it would likely fail.

Assuming she is uninterrupted during this, she tires after 20-30 minutes, and falls onto the bed, sweating, shaking, crying, and not feeling an ounce better. She falls asleep. Maybe whatever was blocking her powers would work its way through her system.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you go on your tirade nobody enters the room, leaving you in peace. As you fall asleep, you doze in dreamland, having nightmares but not of the same kind as before. The green eyes are gone; no, these dreams are purely from fear.

When you awake the daze is gone slightly; you can feel him reading your mind but your powers are still unresponsive. You are hungry as well; hungrier than you should be after so short of a rest. You can't tell how long you were out.

There is a new plate of food on the table; a roast Pidgey again, but this time with mashed potatoes to make it look like it has a Rufflet's mane.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo tries to rub his eyes as he awakens.He purposefully uses the chained hand so that it makes a rattling sound. 'Oh, come now. Whose the silly little Slowpoke who chained up the cripple? It's not like I can go anywhere.'

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]

He sighs. 'Man, think this is THE second worst thing I've ever woken up to. I mean the worst is still that time when I had that threesome in Fallarbor. Don't get me wrong, the sex was awesome. But when you wake up and find you've fallen asleep in front of an angry Zangoose nest, you gotta run away fast. That's how I got this scar on my ass.'

'Oh, and sorry for throwing my food away. Mum would hand me my ass if she knew I was wasting food. Got anything else to eat before I see Anni? I haven't eating in .... how long was it anyway?'

Romeo was talking a million miles a minute. Gives his enemy less time to think. Right now, they underestimated him. They would still assume him a cripple. That and even with Romeo's legs functioning, he'd still easily be the weakest member of the group, the least threatening.

He looks around the room, noting how many people were in here, and possible disguises and any possible weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lone guard in the room shrugs at your plea, walking over and undoing the handcuffs, the thing falling away.

He gives a small chuckle at your story but continues to stare at you. You can see a very large gun on his hip.

As you look for a weapon you see something; a small syringe on a roller table by your feet. If you're right it's the medicine they give people who become violent when they begin thrashing about; the stuff that knocks them out. If you could somehow get a hold of it you might be able to inject him; with that large of a dose he'd be unconscious before he hit the floor.

You can't help but chuckle at the incompetent doctors. Leaving meds out in the open? Even you're not quite that stupid.

Hm. That is less helpful that he wanted. He picks up the chair, and props it on it's side before beginning to try and rip out a leg (mostly by alternating pulling and pushing on it) as he thought. If he could get the toilet up somehow, he could possibly work with that, but armaments first.
    Spoiler
    Show
    After about ten minutes of work you manage to work the leg free. Just as you triumphantly hold it you hear... laughing? Outside your door.

Show

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

'You know, they'll probably be a while. Why not come and keep me company. Just cos I can't move my legs doesn't mean I'm dead below the hips.' Romeo tapes the side of his bed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Romeo uses Attraction
    (1d20+6)[10] vs 1d20 + his INT or WIS (whichever is lower)
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Aw dammit.
    "Bidoofmuker, that you? Look, give me ten minutes, I haven't even folded the origami statue of you and your victim with a small poem, just for you!"

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Even with nightmares becoming the new norm, that didn't make them easier to deal with. She glares at the food. Well I might as well test it. She nibbles on the potatoes, eventually finishing them. She gives a knock on the door. "Excuse me, but I don't eat bird." She was actually not as snide now. Her voice actually sounded a bit weaker. Not broken, but less defiant. She sets the Pidgey next to the door and goes to the desk, pocketing a pencil and beginning to sketch pictures of battle plans for the fight they lost. Like she told Jess: Learn from your failure.

Show

12. - Top - End - #402

Paul, unsure of whether the minds had linked, both speaks and thinks toward the Rattata.

Come on, you wee bugger. You look like you were on the losing end of a beating from a wood chipper, but I can tell you're a tough Seedot to crack. Maybe we can help each other. You see what you can do to help me get out, and I take you to places where you don't have to scrounge and scrap for every lousy crumb.

At the last thought/word he rips off a meatier hunk of the bird and places it about six inches form his feet.

13. - Top - End - #403

Paul, unsure of whether the minds had linked, both speaks and thinks toward the Rattata.

Come on, you wee bugger. You look like you were on the losing end of a beating from a wood chipper, but I can tell you're a tough Seedot to crack. Maybe we can help each other. You see what you can do to help me get out, and I take you to places where you don't have to scrounge and scrap for every lousy crumb.

At the last thought/word he rips off a meatier hunk of the bird and places it about six inches form his feet.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan continues to stare at the screen for a moment, but his thoughts are clearly on McMurder's words. Ethan turns around, steepling his fingers contemplating. He stares at the ground, then at McMurder's shoes then his own fingers before finally resing on McMurder's eyes. He inahles slowly, and grins. I'll do it. On a few conditions.

Ethan becomes lively, making many gestures with his hands. His mind races as it thinks of all possibilities. What could go wrong, what happens if Rocket found out, the others found out. And what he'd need to keep himself in one piece. First and foremost, you and Galactic must trust me. I know my companions better than you, you can't argue that. You're a logical man.... you know I never got your name. Not important. He makes a dismissing gesture and continues. Next, I need to know who you are. What your all about, whats your mission, your ideal. I don't work for a mysterious higher purpose. I need facts. I doubt this will change my answer, if it did you wouldn't have asked me to join in the first place.

Ethan snatches the pencil and paper and begins writing this stuff down. I always forget not everyone can process info as fast as I can. Anyways, next I need something to get me in good with Rocket. They sent me after you, but I assume thats off the table. Unless you can create a daring escape on your own, but I think even you can't break out of a Rocket captivity without assitance and me risking blowing cover that early would be stupid. So need something else, something useful to them. He waves towards the screen. That data, bringing it back would be useful, but limited. No doubt you have more copies and I doubt they'd believe I was able to find all copies of it from this one location. Speaking of which where are we? We can get to that later. That might be an issue, if they ask where we escaped from. Anyways, the point is I need something to garner their trust so they don't suspect me.

Ethan continues to furiously scribble, his mind reciting his own words so as to not forget them himself. I also need a quick escape. Something that can get me out of a sticky situation, say, my cover being blown. Something quick, and easily portable. Thats a lower priority but needs to be mentioned now.

Finally, my allies. Believe it or not, I'd like to keep them my allies. How is convincing them going? I suspect fairly poorly. If I know them well as I think I do, I could convince them to play along and pretend to join and then 'escape.' No offense but I highly doubt you or anyone else on your pay roll can convince them, and if you do it would be tenuous. You'd never have their loyalty. I think at this juncture, it is better to cut your losses and run with me.

Ethan puts the pen and paper down in his lap and breathes. He was talking a bit faster than normal and was winding himself. One last thing. How are you planning on rewarding me? Has to be covert enough that it doesn't attract attention, but then the reward has to be small enough in scope that it isn't obvious. More curious than anything. There is a fair amount of your tech I've seen thus far I'd love to analyze, even utilize if I could.

Ethan rips off the sheet and offers it to McMurder, expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha for lieing through my teeth! (1d20+1)[18]
    Wis for lieing through my grey matter! (1d20+2)[17]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

'You know, they'll probably be a while. Why not come and keep me company. Just cos I can't move my legs doesn't mean I'm dead below the hips.' Romeo tapes the side of his bed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Romeo uses Attraction
    [roll0] vs 1d20 + his INT or WIS (whichever is lower)
    The man looks at you somewhat bewilderingly.

"I'm straight bro," he says, giving you a weird look.

Aw dammit.
    "Bidoofmuker, that you? Look, give me ten minutes, I haven't even folded the origami statue of you and your victim with a small poem, just for you!"
    Damn it to Arceus,the man at the door mutters, shoving his way in. It's Anni and he doesn't seem too happy.

Do you really have to vandalize the damn thing? I mean, did you have to wreck the room? he says, obviously annoyed.

Even with nightmares becoming the new norm, that didn't make them easier to deal with. She glares at the food. Well I might as well test it. She nibbles on the potatoes, eventually finishing them. She gives a knock on the door. "Excuse me, but I don't eat bird." She was actually not as snide now. Her voice actually sounded a bit weaker. Not broken, but less defiant. She sets the Pidgey next to the door and goes to the desk, pocketing a pencil and beginning to sketch pictures of battle plans for the fight they lost. Like she told Jess: Learn from your failure.
    Your door opens and a guard walks in, sliding a sandwhich that seems very bird free onto your table. You can see his handgun right there on his hip, inviting you.....

"Do you need anything else?" he mutters.

You feel the happy thoughts roll off of the Rattata; the two of you are definitely linked. It dashes forward, chowing down on the bird, occasionally looking up at you.

Ethan continues to stare at the screen for a moment, but his thoughts are clearly on McMurder's words. Ethan turns around, steepling his fingers contemplating. He stares at the ground, then at McMurder's shoes then his own fingers before finally resing on McMurder's eyes. He inahles slowly, and grins. I'll do it. On a few conditions.

Ethan becomes lively, making many gestures with his hands. His mind races as it thinks of all possibilities. What could go wrong, what happens if Rocket found out, the others found out. And what he'd need to keep himself in one piece. First and foremost, you and Galactic must trust me. I know my companions better than you, you can't argue that. You're a logical man.... you know I never got your name. Not important. He makes a dismissing gesture and continues. Next, I need to know who you are. What your all about, whats your mission, your ideal. I don't work for a mysterious higher purpose. I need facts. I doubt this will change my answer, if it did you wouldn't have asked me to join in the first place.

Ethan snatches the pencil and paper and begins writing this stuff down. I always forget not everyone can process info as fast as I can. Anyways, next I need something to get me in good with Rocket. They sent me after you, but I assume thats off the table. Unless you can create a daring escape on your own, but I think even you can't break out of a Rocket captivity without assitance and me risking blowing cover that early would be stupid. So need something else, something useful to them. He waves towards the screen. That data, bringing it back would be useful, but limited. No doubt you have more copies and I doubt they'd believe I was able to find all copies of it from this one location. Speaking of which where are we? We can get to that later. That might be an issue, if they ask where we escaped from. Anyways, the point is I need something to garner their trust so they don't suspect me.

Ethan continues to furiously scribble, his mind reciting his own words so as to not forget them himself. I also need a quick escape. Something that can get me out of a sticky situation, say, my cover being blown. Something quick, and easily portable. Thats a lower priority but needs to be mentioned now.

Finally, my allies. Believe it or not, I'd like to keep them my allies. How is convincing them going? I suspect fairly poorly. If I know them well as I think I do, I could convince them to play along and pretend to join and then 'escape.' No offense but I highly doubt you or anyone else on your pay roll can convince them, and if you do it would be tenuous. You'd never have their loyalty. I think at this juncture, it is better to cut your losses and run with me.

Ethan puts the pen and paper down in his lap and breathes. He was talking a bit faster than normal and was winding himself. One last thing. How are you planning on rewarding me? Has to be covert enough that it doesn't attract attention, but then the reward has to be small enough in scope that it isn't obvious. More curious than anything. There is a fair amount of your tech I've seen thus far I'd love to analyze, even utilize if I could.

Ethan rips off the sheet and offers it to McMurder, expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha for lieing through my teeth! [roll0]
    Wis for lieing through my grey matter! [roll1]
    Anni grins widely at your agreement.

Whoa, whoa, not so fast, he says, hands up at your wave of speech.

We'll trust you; no worries about that. If we find you're feeding us bad intel or things along those lines we won't be happy, but you'll basically have free reign to do as you see fit.

As for who we are,
    he says, pausing to think. We work to create a new world; a better one. We work for advances in medicine, technology, Pokemon. Where Team Rocket hogs their discoveries we reveal them to the world. Teleporters? That was us. These Skorupi, if programmed correctly, could be beyond beneficial. What does Team Rocket do? They hog them for themselves. Why do you think Sinnoh's technology is so far ahead? he says, gesturing at himself.

Us. That's why. Team Rocket tries to stop us, keep our discoveries hidden. That's why we fight. When they are gone we can take what they know and reveal it to the world. Wouldn't that be better? he says, a frantic look in his eyes.

As for getting you in good, we have a plan. We will help you stage the escape of you and your allies. We will allow you to contact Team Rocket and warn them of our presence moments before we make our move. You'll have warned them enough for it to not be a massacre but our goals will still be accomplished. They will appreciate your help; we may even give you some files, make it look like you got something when you escaped. We can spin it as you breaking free. We have a few plans in place to try; if you want to try that route I'll give them to you. If you want we can try to find another way to get you in quick but our prior experiences with Rocket point towards this being the best way in.

As for rewards, we'll see what you can get us. Let's just say these Skorupi are just the tip of the iceberg of what we have.

So are you in?
    he says excitedly.

Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis looks at the guy, anger still very clear in her eyes. "Well there is what I need and there is what you will permit. Someone to let me out of this chain would be lovely, but something tells me I've eliminated all chance of that happening by your will." Could always remove it yourself. Hm, an idea... Well snideness isn't going to get you anywhere. Might as well try to be agreeable enough. Heh, get out on good behavior. Artemis attempts to lighten her tone and expressions. "If- if it is possible, could someone tell me what is being used to suppress my abilities?" She rubs her face as one would out of exhaustion. "I think it's causing a bit of an, ah, identity crisis for me. Your powers are what make you who you are as a Psychic, so losing them has me a bit stressed and on edge I think." The guy would probably laugh, but it was worth a shot. She looks over the guard again. Still such amateurs. You never assume someone is how they act. Everyone is always hostile until shown otherwise. Never trust a total stranger. This guy was probably going to die if he got a more violent prisoner. Well, more violent at the time he entered. "Hey, you really should just hold the gun in your hand. I could have been waiting by the door ready to jump you instead of drawing. I get the gun from your hip, shut the door, fire off a few rounds, and loot you for anything useful. Keep your finger off the trigger though. You shoot an important prisoner out of panic and your boss will not be happy. The fact that you have a gun pointed at them would keep most people in line anyways." She picks up the sandwich and looks it over before taking a small bite and returning to her battle plans. The problem was that fire spitting Duskull... Maybe he Fire-synced it. Most already have a light within them. In the dark, it would be nearly indistinguishable...
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-09-30 at 03:36 AM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

'Straight? Meh, too boring. When I told you about that threesome, both were guys that time. Limiting yourself to only one sex is so ... limiting.' Romeo whiped off his shirt, then forces himself to sit up. He holds his legs and swings them down, making it look like they were still not functioning. He made sure not to go too close tothe needle yet, just to get in a slightly better position. 'Like, less than a week ago. It was me, this girl, and this body snatcher. You never slept with a body snatcher? They do the kinkiest things. Like, this one time ... I think it was the third time that night, maybe the fourth.'

Romeo proceeds to describe to the guard in the most graphic and squeemish detail about his sordid night. He just needed to squick him out enough to lookaway for a second. That was all.

Spoiler
    Show
    CHA to make this guy squeem and look away from me.
    (1d20+6)[12]

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"What, are you going to say that if I don't struggle, it'll be painless? It wasn't true when those sailors cornered me in an alley when I was younger, it wasn't true when my previous employer shoved me into an electric shifted tangrowth for failing, and it likely isn't true now, bidoof muker."
    He kicks the chain into a corner before sitting on it, holding the stick between his feet as he begins slowly trying to make a point with the butter knife. He barely looks up.
    "Also, you and your group pissed me off immensely, so you all can just go suck my remaining ball. Now, what do you want?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-09-30 at 10:41 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

You fufilled my immdiate demands did you not? If your staged escape plan includes my allies beleiving Im on their side, then that be the most prudent move.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis looks at the guy, anger still very clear in her eyes. "Well there is what I need and there is what you will permit. Someone to let me out of this chain would be lovely, but something tells me I've eliminated all chance of that happening by your will." Could always remove it yourself. Hm, an idea... Well snideness isn't going to get you anywhere. Might as well try to be agreeable enough. Heh, get out on good behavior. Artemis attempts to lighten her tone and expressions. "If- if it is possible, could someone tell me what is being used to suppress my abilities?" She rubs her face as one would out of exhaustion. "I think it's causing a bit of an, ah, identity crisis for me. Your powers are what make you who you are as a Psychic, so losing them has me a bit stressed and on edge I think." The guy would probably laugh, but it was worth a shot. She looks over the guard again. Still such amateurs. You never assume someone is how they act. Everyone is always hostile until shown otherwise. Never trust a total stranger. This guy was probably going to die if he got a more violent prisoner. Well, more violent at the time he entered. "Hey, you really should just hold the gun in your hand. I could have been waiting by the door ready to jump you instead of drawing. I get the gun from your hip, shut the door, fire off a few rounds, and loot you for anything useful. Keep your finger off the trigger though. You shoot an important prisoner out of panic and your boss will not be happy. The fact that you have a gun pointed at them would keep most people in line anyways." She picks up the sandwich and looks it over before taking a small bite and returning to her battle plans. The problem was that fire spitting Duskull... Maybe he Fire-synced it. Most already have a light within them. In the dark, it would be nearly indistinguishable...
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You not agreeing with our boss if what is blocking your powers," the man says simply, somewhat annoyed as you reprimand him for his gun control.

"We're supposed to be nice to you but if you keep up this behavior," he says with an evil smile, "I'll show you just how well I know how to use this thing. Understand?"

'Straight? Meh, too boring. When I told you about that threesome, both were guys that time. Limiting yourself to only one sex is so ... limiting.' Romeo whiped off his shirt, then forces himself to sit up. He holds his legs and swings them down, making it look like they were still not functioning. He made sure not to go too close tothe needle yet, just to get in a slightly better position. 'Like, less than a week ago. It was me, this girl, and this body snatcher. You never slept with a body snatcher? They do the kinkiest things. Like, this one time ... I think it was the third time that night, maybe the fourth.'

Romeo proceeds to describe to the guard in the most graphic and squeemish detail about his sordid night. He just needed to squick him out enough to lookaway for a second. That was all.

Spoiler
    Show
    CHA to make this guy squeem and look away from me.
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man looks away almost immediately, even going so far as to put in headphones to block out the graphic details.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bad CHA check actually helped here.

Move. You have less than a minute. If you blow this Darkrai will win.

"What, are you going to say that if I don't struggle, it'll be painless? It wasn't true when those sailors cornered me in an alley when I was younger, it wasn't true when my previous employer shoved me into an electric shifted tangrowth for failing, and it likely isn't true now, bidoof muker."
    He kicks the chain into a corner before sitting on it, holding the stick between his feet as he begins slowly trying to make a point with the butter knife. He barely looks up.
    "Also, you and your group pissed me off immensely, so you all can just go suck my remaining ball. Now, what do you want?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was going to come to ask you about a business proposition, but if you're going to be rude we can just end this, Anni says, an orb of purple energy glowing around his hand.

I'd very much prefer the latter.

You fufilled my immdiate demands did you not? If your staged escape plan includes my allies beleiving Im on their side, then that be the most prudent move.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to see how many are as intelligent as you, he says, leaving you with the files on the laptop.

Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

And that is why politeness is such a waste. "Whatever. Far be it from me to actually give some advice to someone who seemed they could benefit from it. Please leave." After the guard leaves, Artemis takes another bite of the sandwich and looks at the chain around her leg. Should be able to work that off. She starts working on the lock with a tine from the fork and the blade of the butter knife. If she fails, she gets frustrated and starts beating the chain at a connection between two links with the chair.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lock Pick Check (with whatever penalties you deem fit) : (1d20+3)[12] and (1d20)[8]

STR Check to smash a link enough to get loose: (1d20+3)[21]

Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald stops, looks up in thought for a minute, before opening mouth to say something. He pauses, considers again, and bites his tongue hard enough to draw blood. He spreads some of this on one side of the butter knife before spinning it in midair. He watches it clatter to the floor clean side up, and shrugs before looking Aniketos in the eye indifferently.
    "Sorry about the delay, couldn't decide if I wanted to live or die more at this given moment. Looks like it's live. What's your business proposal?"
    Scans of his mind show the five separate occasions he's tried, only for an unlikely series of events happening that save him each time.
    He's reasonably certain this is because the world wants to laugh at him some more.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Let's hope this plan works.

Romeo reached over and grabbed the syringe from the end of the bed. He checked it to make sure there was no air in it, before walking quietly over to the guard and aiming for a neck vein. He puts his hand over the guards mouth as he does so. Not like he's my type anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy check?: (1d20)[14]

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan smirks. Come back for a chat when that ultimatly fails. Ethan laughs to himself then remembered the weight on his ankle. Could you at least remove the chain? Its rather painful.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #415

Paul gingerly reaches out to stroke the small creature's stringy fur with two fingers while it eats.

Come to Joey, little guy. I think all you need is a little food and you could be a very top percentage Rattata.

He examines the chain which holds him, both where it is fastened to him and where it is fastened to the ground.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

And that is why politeness is such a waste. "Whatever. Far be it from me to actually give some advice to someone who seemed they could benefit from it. Please leave." After the guard leaves, Artemis takes another bite of the sandwich and looks at the chain around her leg. Should be able to work that off. She starts working on the lock with a tine from the fork and the blade of the butter knife. If she fails, she gets frustrated and starts beating the chain at a connection between two links with the chair.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lock Pick Check (with whatever penalties you deem fit) : [roll0] and [roll1]

STR Check to smash a link enough to get loose: [roll2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guard leaves at your request. You catch him grin as you take a bit of the sandwich.

Your lockpick attempt isn't even close to successful; you actually end up bending the fork to the point where it may not even be usable for eating.

As you bash the chair into the link you eventually end up warping the chair before you manage to smash the link. The metal is dented and smashed although there are scratches and dings in the link.

Gerald stops, looks up in thought for a minute, before opening mouth to say something. He pauses, considers again, and bites his tongue hard enough to draw blood. He spreads some of this on one side of the butter knife before spinning it in midair. He watches it clatter to the floor clean side up, and shrugs before looking Aniketos in the eye indifferently.
    "Sorry about the delay, couldn't decide if I wanted to live or die more at this given moment. Looks like it's live. What's your business proposal?"
    Scans of his mind show the five separate occasions he's tried, only for an unlikely series of events happening that save him each time.
    He's reasonably certain this is because the world wants to laugh at him some more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before the knife can fall to the ground it stops midair, flying into the wall, sinking to the hilt. A butterknife. Into stone.

Listen *******, Anni says, walking up. We're trying to do you a favor. If you're going to treat this like some kind of joke then I will too, he says. And trust me, the punchline is hilarious.

Let's hope this plan works.

Romeo reached over and grabbed the syringe from the end of the bed. He checked it to make sure there was no air in it, before walking quietly over to the guard and aiming for a neck vein. He puts his hand over the guards mouth as he does so. Not like he's my type anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy check?: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to slink out of the bed without him seeing you. You creep closer and closer behind him. As you grab his mouth he turns to intercept your arm, but it is too late. The needle plunges into his neck. A press of thumb later and he slumps to the ground, very much unconscious. The dose may have been a little overkill, but he's still breathing. You know have a very large, very unconcious guard at your feet.

"Hurry!"

Far down the hall you get the feeling of an aura of wrongness, as if the very air is wrong around it.

Ethan smirks. Come back for a chat when that ultimatly fails. Ethan laughs to himself then remembered the weight on his ankle. Could you at least remove the chain? Its rather painful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No problem, Anni says. A key floats out of his pocket, pops into the lock, and opens it.

If you need anything ask a guard. They'll bring you anything within reason.

Paul gingerly reaches out to stroke the small creature's stringy fur with two fingers while it eats.

Come to Joey, little guy. I think all you need is a little food and you could be a very top percentage Rattata.

He examines the chain which holds him, both where it is fastened to him and where it is fastened to the ground.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Rattata shies away at first, obviously unused to human touch.

The chain is attacked to a thick cuff on your ankle. A panel on the wall is attached by a few thick screws with no obvious holds on them. If you could somehow fashion a wrench you might be able to break it free, although you have no idea how to go about doing that.

Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan rolls the freed ankle to return circulation. He gets up and gently raps on the door. Guard? May I have my Pad back? I want to transfer these files so I can make notes. And Mjolnir, my Beldum, is in the process of evolving. I highly suggest you find some scrap metal and feed it to him, to avoid him unintentionally ripping up this building's foundation and plumbing in the process. Ethan waits patiently for his beloved pad.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-10-01 at 08:02 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Scratches. Muking scratches is all that got. I'd be better off... Judge it I'm stupid. First though, that sandwich was almost certainly spiked, based on that Muker's smiling... I really would rather not... Your powers though. ...I'll do it in a little bit. I want a bit of mobility first.

She grabs the knife. Hopefully it was better made than the chair. She wedges the blade behind the chain's connection to the wall and wobbles it back and forth until she can get the a little bit of the thicker part of the blade behind as wall (don't want it to snap like a twig, after all). With that, Artemis tries to lever the chain off of the wall, slowly to not snap the knife.
    Spoiler
    Show
    STR: (1d20+3)[14]

Regardless of whether that succeeds or not, she walks over to the toilet and takes a deep breath. Supposedly it was really easy to trigger. Another deep breath. Artemis sticks her finger in the back of her throat, hoping to trigger a gag reflex.

Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He shakes his head and pulls himself up, pocketing the shiv in process.
    "Okay, sorry. Please, start talking."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-10-01 at 08:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

'Not used to ladies complaining I'm going to slow' jokes Romeo. He takes a look around the room, grabbing what he can. He uses his knowledge of hospitals to grab the best stuff. Potions/healing items in the open, a doctors coat, the gun, the guards goggles if he had any. He does this as fast as possible. Then he checks if there was another door out. If there was, he takes that. If not, he goes out the single door before Annie gets too close. If he finds a coat, he throws it on before leaving. Any little disguise would help right now. 'Can you sense where Elly is?'

Spoiler
    Show
    WIS check for finding stuff: (1d20+4)[13]

only grabbing stuff in the open or obvious.