New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Paul eases back, merely holding the hand out for the rodent to examine, and sending soothing images to the beast of gentle petting and feeding. He also speaks out to the room at large.

I dunno who you are or where I am, but if you're listening, feel free to not barge in and spout off about whatever stupid scheme you have for a couple minutes. Speck here is a mite skittish.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Ethan rolls the freed ankle to return circulation. He gets up and gently raps on the door. Guard? May I have my Pad back? I want to transfer these files so I can make notes. And Mjolnir, my Beldum, is in the process of evolving. I highly suggest you find some scrap metal and feed it to him, to avoid him unintentionally ripping up this building's foundation and plumbing in the process. Ethan waits patiently for his beloved pad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guard nods, talking into his talky. About five minutes later another guard comes, hands him the pad. He slides it under the door then resumes watching the door.

"We'll get your Beldum some food. Shame we have to let the thing go with you."

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Scratches. Muking scratches is all that got. I'd be better off... Judge it I'm stupid. First though, that sandwich was almost certainly spiked, based on that Muker's smiling... I really would rather not... Your powers though. ...I'll do it in a little bit. I want a bit of mobility first.

She grabs the knife. Hopefully it was better made than the chair. She wedges the blade behind the chain's connection to the wall and wobbles it back and forth until she can get the a little bit of the thicker part of the blade behind as wall (don't want it to snap like a twig, after all). With that, Artemis tries to lever the chain off of the wall, slowly to not snap the knife.
    Spoiler
    Show
    STR: [roll0]

Regardless of whether that succeeds or not, she walks over to the toilet and takes a deep breath. Supposedly it was really easy to trigger. Another deep breath. Artemis sticks her finger in the back of her throat, hoping to trigger a gag reflex.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your work with the wall does nothing besides start to bend the knife; when that happens you end the attempt for fear of breaking the knife.

As you shove your finger down your throat, it takes a few tries, but after a bit you manage to force yourself to vomit. In the toilet lies the remains of a sandwich as well as.. purple goo?

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    He shakes his head and pulls himself up, pocketing the shiv in process.
    "Okay, sorry. Please, start talking."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I work for a certain corporation that has interest in Team Rocket. Now, you're not new to this game. I could give you whatever "it's for the greater good" spheal I want and it wouldn't do muk. So, here's the offer. We need informants. You're in a place where you can join Team Rocket. You take our offer, you go free and you get paid for whatever intel you manage to bring us. Understand? he says.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'Not used to ladies complaining I'm going to slow' jokes Romeo. He takes a look around the room, grabbing what he can. He uses his knowledge of hospitals to grab the best stuff. Potions/healing items in the open, a doctors coat, the gun, the guards goggles if he had any. He does this as fast as possible. Then he checks if there was another door out. If there was, he takes that. If not, he goes out the single door before Annie gets too close. If he finds a coat, he throws it on before leaving. Any little disguise would help right now. 'Can you sense where Elly is?'

Spoiler
    Show
    WIS check for finding stuff: [roll0]

only grabbing stuff in the open or obvious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your quick inspection doesn't get you much; a Mineral Water, another syringe of the drug, and the man's gun. As you shrug on the coat you feel the dark aura leave down another hallway; perhaps he didn't need you right now?

Take a right. Three doors down. Door on left. Two guards by door; find a way past them.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul eases back, merely holding the hand out for the rodent to examine, and sending soothing images to the beast of gentle petting and feeding. He also speaks out to the room at large.

I dunno who you are or where I am, but if you're listening, feel free to not barge in and spout off about whatever stupid scheme you have for a couple minutes. Speck here is a mite skittish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you say this, the door opens. The Rattata dashes under the bed, terrified, but stays in the room.

Paul Ticker! Anni says, striding into the room. Please, please, take a seat. I come bearing gifts! he says, laying out a roll of cloth on the counter. He rolls it out to reveal Qwilfish Spines; the good kind too, from Hoenn.

Please, take one. You and I have business to discuss.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Much obliged. Ethan picks up the pad, inspecting it to make sure its still in good condition, before booting it up. He hoped to science he'd find what he was looking for. He flips open the USB jack from the pad and inserts it gently in the laptop, and begins transfering files. In barely a whisper, whilst typing on the pad. Hello? Rotom? Are you there? I need your help.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-10-02 at 08:44 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Yes, I understand. However, I have questions concerning your operation that, even with your threats, would still alter my answer. Mind if I ask them?"

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

I can take one, but not both. Let's see how good my acting is.

Romeo holds the gun by the barrel and puts on a voice. He shuffles his way to the guards, looking nervous. Still, it was good to be walking again. 'Eh, um, excuse me chaps. One of your lot lost this gun. You know how we brain boxes are, we're no good with this stuff. Could one of you take this to the armoury before I accidentally shoot myself?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I even need to say this is Charisma anymore?(1d20+6)[14]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis shivers. Never pleasant. She scrapes her tongue with her teeth and tries to spit out the last of the taste, but it still lingered as always. She looks at the purple goo with curiosity, but she wasn't a chemist and no way was she gonna scoop it out for Ethan to study. Nothing to store it in anyways. She flushes the toilet and lies on the bed. A few tears run down. What if she never got her powers back? What was she then? Just a sorta good trainer. Not even that great. Heck, Ethan was a better one than her now even! Hate to admit it, but so was Paul. He was prepared. She wasn't. Her team was unable to handle a threat that honestly should have been easy!

She looks at the lights. "Come on you stupid lights, turn off!" She focuses on the lights.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Much obliged. Ethan picks up the pad, inspecting it to make sure its still in good condition, before booting it up. He hoped to science he'd find what he was looking for. He flips open the USB jack from the pad and inserts it gently in the laptop, and begins transfering files. In barely a whisper, whilst typing on the pad. Hello? Rotom? Are you there? I need your help.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You pad turns on. It automatically goes to your Word Pad.

Nobody home. Please come again later.

"Yes, I understand. However, I have questions concerning your operation that, even with your threats, would still alter my answer. Mind if I ask them?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shoot, he says. I have all night. Well, most of it at least.

I can take one, but not both. Let's see how good my acting is.

Romeo holds the gun by the barrel and puts on a voice. He shuffles his way to the guards, looking nervous. Still, it was good to be walking again. 'Eh, um, excuse me chaps. One of your lot lost this gun. You know how we brain boxes are, we're no good with this stuff. Could one of you take this to the armoury before I accidentally shoot myself?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I even need to say this is Charisma anymore?[roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two look at you in disgust.

"Take it yourself egg-head," one says, earning a chortle from the other. "Unless you're gonna do some tests of those pieces of [CENSOR!] they call Pokemon, just leave us alone. We don't have time for people like you."

Artemis shivers. Never pleasant. She scrapes her tongue with her teeth and tries to spit out the last of the taste, but it still lingered as always. She looks at the purple goo with curiosity, but she wasn't a chemist and no way was she gonna scoop it out for Ethan to study. Nothing to store it in anyways. She flushes the toilet and lies on the bed. A few tears run down. What if she never got her powers back? What was she then? Just a sorta good trainer. Not even that great. Heck, Ethan was a better one than her now even! Hate to admit it, but so was Paul. He was prepared. She wasn't. Her team was unable to handle a threat that honestly should have been easy!

She looks at the lights. "Come on you stupid lights, turn off!" She focuses on the lights.
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the purple goo gone, you feel much better.

As you look to the light, exerting all your force, the thing shatters, light going out and showering the floor with sparks. You can't help but smirk a little. It was payback time.

You hear a click at the door; likely a heavy bolt sliding into place or something along those lines. With your powers slowly, returning, you feel a presence in the back of your mind.

Well done....

Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

You know, by saying that I know your there. And it is in your best interest if you help me. I can't guarantee what they will do to your home if they decide I'm not worth it. Ethan continues to download the files, and just those files, to the pad. He will study them further at a less critical time. Please?

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[10]
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-10-09 at 09:53 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Senseless slaughter...well, I've had enough of that. I'm trying to at least get purpose now. So...who gave the kill order on the random crowd? It does actually affect my decisions."

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis nearly burst into tears, laughing, the electricity still arcing where the light once was. She brushes some of the debris off of herself and sits back up. I'm guessing that wasn't impressive enough for you to let me out. What do you even want with us, anyways? She tries to read his mind as he had to her, at the same time kicking her chained leg, trying to phase her leg.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attempt to activate Phasing.

Show

11. - Top - End - #431

Please, you must think I have no self control, that I'd just dose up here and let you get your answers while I ride the purple whirlwind? This is what I think of that.

Paul takes the needles and breaks them in half. Then tucks them into his pocket and smiles at his visitor.

Makes them easier to store. I'll be sure to enjoy these later, thanks. Now, let me out of here. Paul Ticker got stuff to do, yo.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

You know, by saying that I know your there. And it is in your best interest if you help me. I can't guarantee what they will do to your home if they decide I'm not worth it. Ethan continues to download the files, and just those files, to the pad. He will study them further at a less critical time. Please?

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Word Pad closes and a game opens. One of those old school fighting games, to be exact. The main character, instead of stepping into the ring, looks at you.

Are you ready to ruuuuumble? it moans in the terrible monotone voice that had earned the game such bad reviews.

"Senseless slaughter...well, I've had enough of that. I'm trying to at least get purpose now. So...who gave the kill order on the random crowd? It does actually affect my decisions."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who gave the order? Me, of course! They gave me free reign to do whatever it took to destabilize your little team in Saffron and, guess what? It's working! he says with a maniacal chuckle.

Artemis nearly burst into tears, laughing, the electricity still arcing where the light once was. She brushes some of the debris off of herself and sits back up. I'm guessing that wasn't impressive enough for you to let me out. What do you even want with us, anyways? She tries to read his mind as he had to her, at the same time kicking her chained leg, trying to phase her leg.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attempt to activate Phasing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your leg passes straight through the chain like it didn't even exist.

What do we want? We already told you. We want your cooperation, but you spat in our face. Have fun trying to break out, bitch. It's not going to happen. There's two guards outside just your door.

Please, you must think I have no self control, that I'd just dose up here and let you get your answers while I ride the purple whirlwind? This is what I think of that.

Paul takes the needles and breaks them in half. Then tucks them into his pocket and smiles at his visitor.

Makes them easier to store. I'll be sure to enjoy these later, thanks. Now, let me out of here. Paul Ticker got stuff to do, yo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anni's face instantly darkens, well, more than normal.

You bastard. You killed my bird. You injured my soldiers. And then refuse my gifts? he shouts, the vials tearing through your pockets and slamming into the wall. Small amounts of smoke hiss as the liquid pours over the stone.

You are an idiot, but you still have some sway. Here's what you're going to do. You will go back and join Team Rocket. You will use your blundering idiocy to screw up every mission you are assigned until either they kill you or you end up dead. Understand?

Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"That's a point against you. Remember, I'm looking to get away from that."
    Gerald leans back, and shakes his head.
    "I assume you aren't new, so that means they knew this was likely going to happen. That means they chose to ignore the collateral damage that would happen. So...why should I work for an organization that clearly has no problems with mass slaughter when simple contact might do? If you had reached me by phone a few days ago, I would likely have defected gladly. Now that I see that they hold about as much value of human life as my previous employer, who was for all intents and purposes a very bad employer who left me for dead on several occasions, I find myself much more hesitant."
    Gerald stops, thinking.
    "Although...do your employers like you? How many groups have tried to kill you so far for this job?"
    He seems actually curious.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-10-11 at 12:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Little brat. Fine. Be selfish. It be a shame if they destroyed the pad though. No more spying on Ethan. No safe haven. No skin off my nose. Ethan returns to the files, again searching for the heart-orb-thing.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Arte: 114/124

Yeah, none too sorry about that. You don't seem the type I'd want to work for. A complete psychopath. You know, in addition to being a sociopath and all. She smirks at the chain sliding off of her. Tempting to flee. Really tempting. But plan first. You're on your own. Right? Maybe not. You could have a friend nearby. Or at least get an idea of how many enemies. Artemis feels for any minds in range and takes a scan of their surface thoughts as she sits agains the wall, smiling and floating several small objects around the room, drawing on a piece of paper floating in the air.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Telepathy range is 54m radius

Show

16. - Top - End - #436

Gift? What are you trying to do with this phony baloney stuff, actually poison me? I only use organic. Nothing can be bad for you if it comes from nature, right? As for the bird, I am sorry about that. I'd have rather killed you, personally. Now, bumbling idiot is a fair label; I can accept that. But bumble I might, and stupid I am...uh....be? Are? Anyway, for all that, I don't fail. I succeed. I can't turn it off. You have some things you want done, you talk to me and we'll see if it can be made to happen. I like the Rockets, but it wasn't ideology that brought me to them, it was a need for some mad duckets. If said duckets come from somewhere else, well, so much the better. But for all the sketchy stuff I've done, and will continue to do, I've never taken a dive. Except those couple times, but that was to pay down Mankey Mike's boys so they didn't rip off my thumbs, and also I was high for most of that summer so I can't be held responsible. But I'm not going to screw up on purpose when it could end up getting my comrades or my mons killed. Which I'll be needing back, incidentally, or we don't have a deal for anything at all.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, are they stupid. 'Oh, sorry. You're right. I need to run some tests on these pokemon. I'll take the gun back myself once I'm done.' Romeo made a show of looking like he didn't know where the safety was before finding it after a few seconds. No point letting the act up now.

He reaches to the door handle and opens it. 'Say, could one of you help me in here? I don't know what they'll do.' He flashes them his brightest smile, briefly slipping back into Romeo mode. If he can get one alone he can take one. He still had the syringe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Romeo uses Attraction on the two guards.
    (1d20+6)[11]
    lasts for (1d4+6)[9]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

"That's a point against you. Remember, I'm looking to get away from that."
    Gerald leans back, and shakes his head.
    "I assume you aren't new, so that means they knew this was likely going to happen. That means they chose to ignore the collateral damage that would happen. So...why should I work for an organization that clearly has no problems with mass slaughter when simple contact might do? If you had reached me by phone a few days ago, I would likely have defected gladly. Now that I see that they hold about as much value of human life as my previous employer, who was for all intents and purposes a very bad employer who left me for dead on several occasions, I find myself much more hesitant."
    Gerald stops, thinking.
    "Although...do your employers like you? How many groups have tried to kill you so far for this job?"
    He seems actually curious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simple slaughter? Do you even know who those people were? Four of the ones I killed were part of Team Rocket. Four! Barely anybody dead was "innocent" or whatever you stupid recruits whine about these days. And your "Team Rocket" isn't exactly the cleanest either. Those Skorupi? Team Rocket creation to be used as a muking weapon! We simply released it against them instead of the other way around.

As for who wants me dead, well, let's just say there were a lot, but there are considerably less now."

Little brat. Fine. Be selfish. It be a shame if they destroyed the pad though. No more spying on Ethan. No safe haven. No skin off my nose. Ethan returns to the files, again searching for the heart-orb-thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The game turns on again as soon as it is closed. Comon, you a girl or something? One round! Just one!

Spoiler
    Show
    Arte: 114/124

Yeah, none too sorry about that. You don't seem the type I'd want to work for. A complete psychopath. You know, in addition to being a sociopath and all. She smirks at the chain sliding off of her. Tempting to flee. Really tempting. But plan first. You're on your own. Right? Maybe not. You could have a friend nearby. Or at least get an idea of how many enemies. Artemis feels for any minds in range and takes a scan of their surface thoughts as she sits agains the wall, smiling and floating several small objects around the room, drawing on a piece of paper floating in the air.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Telepathy range is 54m radius
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are a lot of minds nearby. Probably close to thirty you can't recognize, but not all of them seem to be fighters. You do manage to catch one you know; Romeo, apparently trying to get into some sort of room.

Gift? What are you trying to do with this phony baloney stuff, actually poison me? I only use organic. Nothing can be bad for you if it comes from nature, right? As for the bird, I am sorry about that. I'd have rather killed you, personally. Now, bumbling idiot is a fair label; I can accept that. But bumble I might, and stupid I am...uh....be? Are? Anyway, for all that, I don't fail. I succeed. I can't turn it off. You have some things you want done, you talk to me and we'll see if it can be made to happen. I like the Rockets, but it wasn't ideology that brought me to them, it was a need for some mad duckets. If said duckets come from somewhere else, well, so much the better. But for all the sketchy stuff I've done, and will continue to do, I've never taken a dive. Except those couple times, but that was to pay down Mankey Mike's boys so they didn't rip off my thumbs, and also I was high for most of that summer so I can't be held responsible. But I'm not going to screw up on purpose when it could end up getting my comrades or my mons killed. Which I'll be needing back, incidentally, or we don't have a deal for anything at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You'll get them back. And you'll be payed. Don't worry about those. We'll dump you outside of here when we're done with a little project of ours. Anyways, it's only fair. Now, if you excuse me, I have some karma to dish out. You kill my bird, I have to do the same, he says, walking out of the room and slamming the door shut with telekinesis.

The Rattata is terrified; it seems to not be in the best mood right now.

Wow, are they stupid. 'Oh, sorry. You're right. I need to run some tests on these pokemon. I'll take the gun back myself once I'm done.' Romeo made a show of looking like he didn't know where the safety was before finding it after a few seconds. No point letting the act up now.

He reaches to the door handle and opens it. 'Say, could one of you help me in here? I don't know what they'll do.' He flashes them his brightest smile, briefly slipping back into Romeo mode. If he can get one alone he can take one. He still had the syringe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Romeo uses Attraction on the two guards.
    [roll0]
    lasts for [roll1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Damn it, I'll watch him," the one on the left says, swiping the door with a key card and walking in. The other stands by the door, weapon ready.

As you enter the room, you can see shelves covered in Pokeballs, gear, weaponry, Potions, and many other supplies.

"There. Nothing scary, see?" the man says, turning his back to you to gesture to the room.

Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Unusually persistent. Fine I'll play your game. Ethan clicks play, paying attention to any alteration to the game from what he remembers.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Romeo? Oh gods, if he's alive, the others probably are as well. Deep breaths, calm your heart rate. Hey, long time no see. Well, think. So what are you trying to do right now?

Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald shakes his head again.
    "No such thing as innocent. Just acceptable collateral and unacceptable collateral. As for Rocket, yes, those abominations are weapons. Of course they were made by Rocket. However, they were meant to be controlled, not let run rampant and causing unknown amounts of collateral damage. Not to breed, or have dozens, maybe hundreds of the bastards out there. Give me some credit at least, the only spot that the two of us really differ is method at this point. As I said, I'm sick of killing people without explicit reason why they must die, where you see them being in the way of your goal reason enough. Where you slaughter twenty men, women, and children to get at least four, I would have hunted them and slit their throats in their sleep. Small calling card, enough DNA to give them the scent of who they wanted. Still gets their attention and destabilizes things while serving your purposes, while also removing the fear of ranger forces getting involved and messing with your plans. More complex, but strikes fear into them, as they never know who might be next. But more importantly, as a guy unfortunate enough to end up on several suicide missions, I have to say your mission, what your bosses likely thought you'd do, how many people likely got sent...well, it really sounds like a suicide mission to me. How many people came after you, in your estimate. It is to help gauge what kind of things would be asked of me if I joined."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-10-11 at 10:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442

Wouldn't karma mean that I should manacle you to the floor and blow my bad breath in YOUR face?

He does begin to sweat as Anni leaves.

Keep in mind what I said. Do anything to my team, deal's off.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Arte?!? Well, if I told you what was going on, you wouldn't believe me. Not sure I like this, so many voices in my head. Anyway, I'll bring Aquilla and the others to you soon. Just be careful of that guy. He's a Chosen of Darkrai, and the worst person I've ever met.

Romeo goes forward and grabs Elly's pink ball with the heart on it. 'This is the one. Be careful, but don't shoot it. We need to check it's condition to make sure it's ready for the experiment.' Romeo releases Elly from her ball, and as soon as the guard was focusing on Elly and not him, he brought out the syringe and aimed for the neck. He didn't need to worry about Elly not recognizing him, even if Romeo looked different, Elly could still smell it's him.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC check for the needle: (1d20)[15]

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, try me. At least the voices in your head are from other people. Let me know if you need anything. And be careful. This place is crawling with guards.

Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Arte?!? Well, if I told you what was going on, you wouldn't believe me. Not sure I like this, so many voices in my head. Anyway, I'll bring Aquilla and the others to you soon. Just be careful of that guy. He's a Chosen of Darkrai, and the worst person I've ever met.

Romeo goes forward and grabs Elly's pink ball with the heart on it. 'This is the one. Be careful, but don't shoot it. We need to check it's condition to make sure it's ready for the experiment.' Romeo releases Elly from her ball, and as soon as the guard was focusing on Elly and not him, he brought out the syringe and aimed for the neck. He didn't need to worry about Elly not recognizing him, even if Romeo looked different, Elly could still smell it's him.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC check for the needle: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elly looks at you in surprise. You notice a she isn't in as good of condition as you would have liked; in fact, she's actually a little injured. Either they didn't give her the same amount of medical care or they ended up doing something more to her.

"What the.." the guard starts to mutter, turning to you just in time to get a hypodermic needle to the neck. He slumps, unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elly is at 75% HP.

Wouldn't karma mean that I should manacle you to the floor and blow my bad breath in YOUR face?

He does begin to sweat as Anni leaves.

Keep in mind what I said. Do anything to my team, deal's off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anni makes no response as you say your parting line.

As you wait in your room, the Rattata gets skittish.

Badman.Bad.Nolikebadman. Boomsticksbad.Noboomsticks.Boomsticksgo boom.Fatmangivefood.Likefood.Foodyummy.Foodgood.Ne edfood.Findfoodforfamily, the Rattata thinks, words flying at the speed of thought.

Gerald shakes his head again.
    "No such thing as innocent. Just acceptable collateral and unacceptable collateral. As for Rocket, yes, those abominations are weapons. Of course they were made by Rocket. However, they were meant to be controlled, not let run rampant and causing unknown amounts of collateral damage. Not to breed, or have dozens, maybe hundreds of the bastards out there. Give me some credit at least, the only spot that the two of us really differ is method at this point. As I said, I'm sick of killing people without explicit reason why they must die, where you see them being in the way of your goal reason enough. Where you slaughter twenty men, women, and children to get at least four, I would have hunted them and slit their throats in their sleep. Small calling card, enough DNA to give them the scent of who they wanted. Still gets their attention and destabilizes things while serving your purposes, while also removing the fear of ranger forces getting involved and messing with your plans. More complex, but strikes fear into them, as they never know who might be next. But more importantly, as a guy unfortunate enough to end up on several suicide missions, I have to say your mission, what your bosses likely thought you'd do, how many people likely got sent...well, it really sounds like a suicide mission to me. How many people came after you, in your estimate. It is to help gauge what kind of things would be asked of me if I joined."
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't get it, do you? We weren't just trying to kill those four. We needed to motivate Team Rocket with a bloody spectacle. Something they wouldn't pass up, he says, looking at you. And it worked, didn't it? That bitchy old woman mobilized your entire crew, sending all sorts of grunts at us.

As for the numbers that came after us? You're the twenty-third crew, the sixth to make it pass the Skorupi. The others weren't very... cooperative in our plans. They aren't dead, but they are in no shape to do anything further to us,
    Anni says, a sick smile on his face.

Unusually persistent. Fine I'll play your game. Ethan clicks play, paying attention to any alteration to the game from what he remembers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first time you play you are beat badly by the computer. You remember doing more damage, likely due to some hacking.

The second game, you notice a difference. Instead of "Bruno," your opponent is labeled "Camera?"

Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"...Look, you really need to stop making that face. I know you probably think it's intimidating, but honestly, it looks like you got your metapod to use harden while you were doing this muk, if you know what I mean. Speaking of which, let me guess, you cut their limbs off and generally mutilated them, didn't you. Or did you attach them to magnezones? I assume you don't have an electric tangrowth. Or anyone who knows how to carve bone on a living subject. Oh, or jigglypuff that put people to sleep before harvesting organs. Those guys sucked."
    He nods and shakes his head, making general notes in his head.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-10-12 at 06:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Well, at least Elly is okay. Though I still need to kill Anni to stop him. But that can wait. We'll get you soon. Romeo grabs one of the potions and uses it on Elly, trying to mke her feel a little better. If Gerald went crazy when someone hurt his dog, Romeo instead went cold with fury. Just like if someone had hurt Alana, he was calm. But his calmness didn't mean he wasn't angry. It just meant he was calculating how to use his knowledge of the human body to tear Anni apart, piece by piece. No one muks with his family like this. Cresselia was right. He was a beast that needed putting down for the greater good.

Spoiler
    Show
    potion on Elly: (2d12+10)[25] hp regained.

'Now then girl, lets go see if me and you can save the others. But first, we have a gift from a friend to try out.' Romeo pulled out the chain and gulped. Even if it was Cresselia, he had no idea what it would to to Elly. But without it, they might not have the strength to escape. So he did what he had to do, and took off her Normal Booster necklace and placed the chain on her.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis 'watches' Romeo's thoughts as things happen. Hm, useful in ways besides a good time. Yeah, told you so. Not that that's why you took an interest in the first place. You're just focused on that, aren't you? He's proved his worth already. And he's actually out and running around, too. More than I can say for us. So what's that that you're giving Elly? Where'd you get it?

Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Cheeky bastard. Ethan tries to time his attacks in a code, much like how Mjolnir had been communicated. Punches for dots, kicks for dash. Hopefully, the Rotom picked up on the pattern. Kick, punch, kick, kick, pause, punch, pause, punch, punch, punch. Yes.

He repeated the pattern, including an extra long pause after the sequence ended.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

If I told you the cosmic force representing love and hope made it materialize in my pocket, would you believe me? Romeo wondered if Cresselia was still listening in, and if she could hear Arte or not.

Anyway, let's just say the person who fixed my legs gave me it. Also fixed my APW too. No headaches while we are talking. Or thinking or whatever you call this.