New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

That's Madam Cat to you, you .... blob thing.

Romeo, the ghost thing here can help, but needs a distraction.

'Gotcha Elly. Paul, I got an idea. Sorry if this hurts girl.' Romeo takes Sparky off his shoulder and puts her on the wall. 'It seems to be only shooting forward. Climb on the roof and then Electro Web it when you get a clear shot. Be careful'

Romeo heals Elly with a Super Potion while Sparky goes all action hero mode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Super Potion
    (3d12+20)[29]

Electro Web
    AC: (1d20+3)[8]
    (2d10+26)[39]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Why left of right? The git in the center is a much more appealing target." She lets go of Gerald, steps forward to G8 and draws her arms as one would a bow, a small vortex of air spinning up in her hands. "Right." She glares at him, as though Anni was really in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to run forward before Anni throws the ball in his hand, propelled forward by psionic force. It connects with your choice, imploding and shattering, a massive sound wave and flash emanating from it, blinding and deafening you. You stagger around, unable to see.

...told you....read my mind....experiment...cut you into....Goodbye! you hear in short bursts before you regain your senses. When you have your sight again, Anni is gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Percep at -3

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gerald stumbles, collapsing into a wall, staring daggers at Aniketos. His head pounds as the poison works through him, and he snarls in pain.
    "Gods judgeit, if I have to die today, can I at least die with a clear muking head? Or without the bejudged headache? Already feel like puking again..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you stagger, the gas starts to leave your system just in time for some sort of flash bomb to connect with Artemis, both blinding and deafening you. You can't hear a thing, but in a random jumble of images you see Anni black the lights around him, then disappear, the lights returning to normal. You think you see a flash from the shadows, but that has to just be a trick of the light. As your senses return you see an empty hallway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Percep at -5

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul looks at Romeo, shouting to be heard over the din of the bullets.

Uh....if it just keeps firing when nothing is there, will it just run out of bullets eventually?

Assuming this does not happen, Paul looks for something reflective so he can hold it up and gauge how far away the turret is. He also has Willy test to see if she can burrow through whatever the floor is made from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just when the gun begins to stop firing, Sparky leaps onto the ceiling, drawing its fire once again.

A quick test by Willy reveals that while the floor is burrowable, it would be tough, to say the least. Solid concrete if far harder to dig through than the loose dirt the Sandshrew is used to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Burrow at 3 meters a round.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    TUBS! Go be useful and be a meat shield for me. I can disable the thing but can't get close enough.

Cat translate please. Hate not having text to talk to these stupid humans.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Paul does not respond to your insult. The Espeon relays your message.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    That's Madam Cat to you, you .... blob thing.

Romeo, the ghost thing here can help, but needs a distraction.

'Gotcha Elly. Paul, I got an idea. Sorry if this hurts girl.' Romeo takes Sparky off his shoulder and puts her on the wall. 'It seems to be only shooting forward. Climb on the roof and then Electro Web it when you get a clear shot. Be careful'

Romeo heals Elly with a Super Potion while Sparky goes all action hero mode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Super Potion
    [roll0]

Electro Web
    AC: [roll1]
    [roll2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sparky initially draws some fire as she crawls. The gun seems to be more of a danger to you than her though; while a bullet whizzes through the wall, skimming your head, none seem to hit Sparky. A quick look into the hall reveals her using her string to launch herself from wall to wall, quickly flying down the hallway, dodging bullets like some sort of aerial ninja.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald looks around, before moving towards Artemis.
    "Don't like this. Something has to be wrong."
    (1d20-5)[-1] perception

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

"Vous ne disez rien, connard!" Artemis yells out while blinded. Where did that abruti go... Artemis looks around, still dazed from the blast. Experiment, what experiment. And cut. What cuts? He had a Scyther earlier, but that would be suicide to send out at you. Muk it, the moment something gets near me, I'm blasting it. Gerald, keep your distance from me. Would hate to shock you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20-5)[9]
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

'Elly, can you sense the kids in that room?'

While Elly scanned for their minds, Romeo let out Fairy. Seemed electric types weren't hurting as much from the bullets as others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting on Sparky to get close enough to take out the gun turret.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #546
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul clucks at Romeo.

You get that bug squashed, and Gerald's going to stick that big metal hand of his betwixt your buttocks, and you probably won't enjoy it as much as you normally do. Willy ought to be able to handle this.

He directs Willy to begin clawing her way slowly toward the turret, leaving enough of the concrete above her to shield her from the bullets.

(Double shift of burrowing, first going down 1m and then toward the turret 5m.)

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald backs up slightly, just out of range
    "Fair enough. Still, keep close, who knows what nastiness awaits."
    Huh...was I religious? Feel like I should have tossed some god in there.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

You guys, and Poindexter, owes me big time if I die! Again. The Rotom focuses, making his body immaterial, then floats towards the turret.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sky 6 and Phasing. Can keep phasing up for 3 rounds, so 18m. Should put me in 1 turn possession range of the turret.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Gerald looks around, before moving towards Artemis.
    "Don't like this. Something has to be wrong."
    [roll0] perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look around the toxins continue to affect you, obscuring your vision heavily.

"Vous ne disez rien, connard!" Artemis yells out while blinded. Where did that abruti go... Artemis looks around, still dazed from the blast. Experiment, what experiment. And cut. What cuts? He had a Scyther earlier, but that would be suicide to send out at you. Muk it, the moment something gets near me, I'm blasting it. Gerald, keep your distance from me. Would hate to shock you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look around, you see something you hadn't noticed; a small opening in the ceiling, about a foot across. Judging from the pieces of floor on the ground, it's new. Very new.

'Elly, can you sense the kids in that room?'

While Elly scanned for their minds, Romeo let out Fairy. Seemed electric types weren't hurting as much from the bullets as others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting on Sparky to get close enough to take out the gun turret.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elly does manage to find the boys nearby as well as minds that seem to be Mark and the twins. Apparently they kept the fighters alive. Jessica and Taylor, on the other hand, are nowhere to be found.

Sparky manages to connect with the turret at this point. A web of sticky electricity does very little; while it scorches the outside, it is still shooting.

Paul clucks at Romeo.

You get that bug squashed, and Gerald's going to stick that big metal hand of his betwixt your buttocks, and you probably won't enjoy it as much as you normally do. Willy ought to be able to handle this.

He directs Willy to begin clawing her way slowly toward the turret, leaving enough of the concrete above her to shield her from the bullets.

(Double shift of burrowing, first going down 1m and then toward the turret 5m.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Willy dives underground, making far slower progress than you expected. By the time Sparky connects, you connection tells you that Willy isn't even halfway down the hall.

Spoiler
    Show
    I said three a round.

Gerald backs up slightly, just out of range
    "Fair enough. Still, keep close, who knows what nastiness awaits."
    Huh...was I religious? Feel like I should have tossed some god in there.
    You guys, and Poindexter, owes me big time if I die! Again. The Rotom focuses, making his body immaterial, then floats towards the turret.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sky 6 and Phasing. Can keep phasing up for 3 rounds, so 18m. Should put me in 1 turn possession range of the turret.
    Spoiler
    Show
    By the time you reach the turret Sparky has already zapped it a few times. It is zinged, but still attempting to fire at your immaterial body. The bullets whiz by, doing nothing.

Show

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis rubs her eyes and slaps her face a bit, trying to regain her senses. She lets off a few test shots of electricity near her, seeing if she can instigate a response from whatever made that hole in the ceiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Electrokinesis to send out non-damaging shots of electricity.

Show

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo, knowing Sparky couldn't use her attack again straight away, tells her to keep dodging, using her Threaded capability to keep the gun from being able to lock onto her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Threaded accuracy roll: (1d20)[10], need 6

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Shouldn't we just move and be cautious? What're you shooting at?"
    He tries to clear blotches out of his vision by blinking rapidly.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Go Spider go! Rotom, unable to maintain his incorporeal form no longer, dashes into the turret.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[14] I think this is the roll?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #554

Willy continues her slow pace toward the turret, Paul watching through her eyes while he strokes the Rattata in his arms.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, now it's a total of one down and five toward.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis rubs her eyes and slaps her face a bit, trying to regain her senses. She lets off a few test shots of electricity near her, seeing if she can instigate a response from whatever made that hole in the ceiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Electrokinesis to send out non-damaging shots of electricity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you send jolts in to the ceiling, you could have sworn you heard something move as well as the scrape of metallic claws, although you can't be sure. The surges don't seem to draw anything out however.

Romeo, knowing Sparky couldn't use her attack again straight away, tells her to keep dodging, using her Threaded capability to keep the gun from being able to lock onto her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Threaded accuracy roll: [roll0], need 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since Sparky is actually on the gun, she doesn't even need to try to dodge it. She continues to shock it. As the globby thing tries to hit it, Sparky continues to send wave after wave into the gun, eventually forcing it to shut down.

"Shouldn't we just move and be cautious? What're you shooting at?"
    He tries to clear blotches out of his vision by blinking rapidly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to get clear vision by the end. As you walk you hear the metallic scrape of claws....

Go Spider go! Rotom, unable to maintain his incorporeal form no longer, dashes into the turret.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] I think this is the roll?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The operating system of the turret has some skills; a firewall is hastily erected, shoving you out of the system just in time to be blasted one last time before Sparky turns forcibly off the gun.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 damage! Yay!

Willy continues her slow pace toward the turret, Paul watching through her eyes while he strokes the Rattata in his arms.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, now it's a total of one down and five toward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    By the time Willy is almost there, the gun has finished firing, mostly due to Sparky having shocked it into submission. the Sandshrew surfaces, kicking the ground angrily.

Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald tenses. Gun? Ready. Psychic ally, check. Legs? Usable.
    "Sounds like you irritated it. Metal claws, know anything that would have those? How big an area can you light up?"

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Metal on metal... One of those isn't it then. And as long as the gap is close enough, it ought to arc from the supports, especially with the other metal in the ceiling. Nothing jumps to mind. Steel Synced Scyther? And I can light up enough. Artemis creates a larger burst of electricity in the direction of the sound, trying to add a bit of power behind it now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arms Attack: Electrokinesis
    AC: (1d20)[13] 6
    Damage: (1d10+10)[19]
    If Crit: +(1d10+4)[14]
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-11-02 at 08:27 AM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

As soon as the gun stops firing, Romeo rushes in and returns Sparky, looking around the room while Elly and Fairy follow him.

If there wasno obvious threat, Romeo loots the body of the dead guard, tossing Paul the gun.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-11-02 at 09:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #559

Spoiler
    Show
    Metal on metal, that's what I crave...

Paul marches in with his horde in tow, Buck at his side. He decides to placate Willy by letting her dismantle the deactivated turret, unless something else appears. He then looks to the others.

Should we continue on or try to reunite with the others?

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

'Elly said Mark and the twins were around here. We get them and the kids out, I'd suggest we swing back and collect your teams, then decide from there. If possible, the guys get away with the kids, while we look for the others. Sound good?'

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

OUCH! Mukking spider.... Cat, can you get your boy to give me some of that healing crud? Tell him Poindexter owe's him already. Ethan whathisface.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    if I can heal Rotom this turn:
    (3d12+20)[36]

if not then will heal him next turn

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Gerald tenses. Gun? Ready. Psychic ally, check. Legs? Usable.
    "Sounds like you irritated it. Metal claws, know anything that would have those? How big an area can you light up?"
    Metal on metal... One of those isn't it then. And as long as the gap is close enough, it ought to arc from the supports, especially with the other metal in the ceiling. Nothing jumps to mind. Steel Synced Scyther? And I can light up enough. Artemis creates a larger burst of electricity in the direction of the sound, trying to add a bit of power behind it now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arms Attack: Electrokinesis
    AC: [roll0] 6
    Damage: [roll1]
    If Crit: +[roll2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you send the burst up a from flies out from the ceiling, claws aimed for you. In a flurry of blows its metal claws rake you over and over again, slicing open your chest. It kicks backwards, propelling off you, landing with catlike posture.

Ahead of you stands a Pokemon that has obviously been messed with. One eye glows with a red light that dialates on its own. A huge system of needles runs down its spine and a metal piece can be seen hanging out its head. It is obviously not here to talk, as your profusely bleeding chest can attest to.

Spoiler
    Show
    47 (ouch) damage.

As soon as the gun stops firing, Romeo rushes in and returns Sparky, looking around the room while Elly and Fairy follow him.

If there wasno obvious threat, Romeo loots the body of the dead guard, tossing Paul the gun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find a handful of weaponry on the guards.

As you look around, you see multiple cell doors. A quick look through the front window reveals that your targets are here; the twins, Mark, and all three of the kids, albeit in separate cells.

Spoiler
    Show
    Metal on metal, that's what I crave...

Paul marches in with his horde in tow, Buck at his side. He decides to placate Willy by letting her dismantle the deactivated turret, unless something else appears. He then looks to the others.

Should we continue on or try to reunite with the others?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Willy happily tears the turret apart.

Spoiler
    Show
    if I can heal Rotom this turn:
    [roll0]

if not then will heal him next turn
    Spoiler
    Show
    You successful patch up a Ghost heal the Rotom.

Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He should be running. He should be screaming. This...thing, this monster, should not be. He should be running, scared out of his mind.
    Instead, Gerald levels the gun, and goes for the double tap.
    "Nope. Muk off, fugly."
    (1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d12+19)[20]
    (1d12+19)[28]

(Current HP: 56/80)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-02 at 09:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis scrambles back from Gerald to J7, clutching at the wound with her right arm. Kill it, Gerald! Another burst of electricity bursts around the metal thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Electrokinesis
    Electric, don't know if Physical or Special
    AC: (1d20)[16] 6
    Damage: (1d10+10)[12]
    If Crit: +(1d10+4)[10]

Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo releases Mark and the others, checking everyone over for wounds.

'The storage room for Pokemon is just down the hall guys. Grab your teams and loot the unconscious guards before anything else.'

Meanwhile, Elly rounds on the Rotom. 'You! Explain yourself. Why do you know Ethan and why help us? I think it's time you explain yourself.'

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Oh don't thank me or anything. Not like I took out those guards, or opened the door wide open for you. Nope, that was all you wasn't it? The Rotom moves its bolt-arm things in an approximation of a pout, waiting for a thank you.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #568

The moment Romeo points out the storage room, Paul barrels headfirst toward it, with Willy, Buck and the Rattatas all following behind.

Frondly! Zippo! Chief! Zoophy! I'm coming!

He slams through the door and ransacks the place looking for his mon, and if he finds them, then looking for the mons of the others as well.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Elly looks offended, then like she's about to argue. Then, for some reason, she changes her mind. 'Why, thank you, oh illustrious one who so valiantly saved my companions and I.' Her voice was sort of mocking. 'Now tell us!' she said, rather forcefully. Then once more, with a pleading look. '... please. We don't know what happened to Ethan or the others, or even where we are and who's holding us. Will you tell us what you know?'

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

He should be running. He should be screaming. This...thing, this monster, should not be. He should be running, scared out of his mind.
    Instead, Gerald levels the gun, and goes for the double tap.
    "Nope. Muk off, fugly."
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]

(Current HP: 56/80)
    Artemis scrambles back from Gerald to J7, clutching at the wound with her right arm. Kill it, Gerald! Another burst of electricity bursts around the metal thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Electrokinesis
    Electric, don't know if Physical or Special
    AC: [roll0] 6
    Damage: [roll1]
    If Crit: +[roll2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creature rolls with the blows; it takes Geralds shots, then seems barely phased by Artemis. Its priorities changed, it leaps at Gerald, fading out of the visible spectrum. It appears in a flash behind him, long claw biting deep into his leg.

Spoiler
    Show
    41 damage Gerald.

Romeo releases Mark and the others, checking everyone over for wounds.

'The storage room for Pokemon is just down the hall guys. Grab your teams and loot the unconscious guards before anything else.'

Meanwhile, Elly rounds on the Rotom. 'You! Explain yourself. Why do you know Ethan and why help us? I think it's time you explain yourself.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    With some help from the Rotom you get the cells open. Mark has a nasty black eye, but other than that they seem fine. John runs to you, grabbing your leg.

"I knew you'd save us," he says, crying.

The two dumb kids look like they are in shock, openly gawking.

The twins loot some guns from the guards, making sure they were loaded.

"Where to now?"

The moment Romeo points out the storage room, Paul barrels headfirst toward it, with Willy, Buck and the Rattatas all following behind.

Frondly! Zippo! Chief! Zoophy! I'm coming!

He slams through the door and ransacks the place looking for his mon, and if he finds them, then looking for the mons of the others as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently Romeo was lying; the locker is not in fact right down the hallway. There is a very large, very solid metal blast door obstructing the way.

Show