New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Cyan Beach]

"Sss...oh very funny, Vizek. I'm not going to play your little gamess." Damon leans down and scoops up a mouthful of ashes, swallowing them.

The rest of the ashes are quickly scooped into a little pouch, for a rainy day.

"Or maybe you have amnessia and don't remember, hmm? No, that could never happen to a mighty dragon! But then maybe you've all gone ssoft, hmm? Maybe that'ss why you all betrayed me? The mighty dragonss have all become cowardss?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia does indeed have some trouble climbing, and suffers a few scrapes on her way up. If she knew they'd have to do more than just walk here she would have worn more appropriate clothing, despite the bet.

"Yeah. I wonder what it was for." The lampades looks around a bit before feeling the rain drop. "Oh dammit. Rain too? Can we get out of the open before I get soaked?" Ugh, this deal is already backfiring.

[Wilderness]

"I- I don't really know. I haven't seen or heard anything or sure, but it would be bad if we got caught." The vampire says as he stands. He looks down at himself, namely that he doesn't have much in the way of clothing. So he grbs the blanket off the bed and puts it around his shoulders.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

The dragon gives him another odd look. "Maybe I have amnesia then because I have frankly no idea what you're talk about Damon. I would never betray you intentionally. I'm not sure what have happen but I haven't seen you in weeks."

[Ancient Temple]

"Of course my lady... just don't forget the mistress part!" Irena calls out before quickly heading towards the monastery through the field.

As she goes past the tree the sound of wings can be heard as the ravens decides to fly away.

CAWCAWCAW!

[Wilderness]

The tiefling nods, "Fair enough, but let's plan things in more detail once we get you somewhere more comfortable and in some more decent clothes." She says before slowly starting to move back towards Riverside. She didn't know exactly what direction it was (she had been lost a while after all) but it was a bit lighter outside now so she was sure to be able to find her way now.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"Yes, Mistress." Nadia says amusedly as they hurry toward the monastery. "Geeze, this place sure is creepy." She comments as they near.

[Wilderness]

"Alright. That sounds fine to me." And off they go toward Riverside. No doubt they'll be able to find their way there eventually.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

{Feed the Refugees}

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Feed the Refugees Mini-game}

Vincent appears near the Refugee Village. For the beginning of the game, there's not much he can do, accept wander about. There is an invisible barrier that keeps him from getting any closer to the barn than he already is.

There are ten rows of ten refugees, making one hundred mouths to feed. There is a timer on the bottom right, but it's currently set at 0:00.

Caroline is in front of the barn. She begins mixing ingredients.

As she carries the soup to a big red X on Vincent's side of the barrier. As she goes, she spills the kettle once. She presses A rapidly and only loses 1 serving of soup.

She can't go any further up than the X. This space is the only area where the two can meet during the game. She barely gives Vincent any time to say anything, before she turns and runs back to the next kettle.

((Go ahead and edit the second table below to show how long it takes Vincent to feed the refugees. ))

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=Head]Time|Event
    :05|Caroline makes Beef Stew
    :25|Caroline carries the kettle to the Refugee Village.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    [/table]

Vincent decides since there's only four servings, he'll go at it two at a time this time rather than pushing for three.
    Grabbing a plate in each hand, he works his way towards the center of the group to figure out how the balancing thing works, but spills some along the way.

He serves up the what he's got before heading back for more. This time around he does a better job of not spilling any, again heading towards roughly the middle.

His player isn't too sure on the rough span of that though.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=Head]Time|Event
    :05|Caroline makes Beef Stew
    :25|Caroline carries the kettle to the Refugee Village.
    :40|Vincent serves two servings
    1:00|Vincent serves two more servings
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    [/table]
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-08 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #66

[Ancient Temple]

As Nadia is heading past the scarecrow she might not be able to shake off the feeling she's being watched even though she can't see anyone but Irena that for a change isn't watching her.

"Pffh, we live in a manor, how creepy can it be?" Irena replies as they reach what appears to be the main entrance to the place. She looks up at the two massive wooden doors that have some sort of Latin writing above them.

It's faded and there is moss growing around it but Nadia might still be able to make out the words.

Manetis Et Conplectere

The witch doesn't seem to care much for the carving though and attempts to push the doors open as the lampade can feel more raindrops falling down from the sky. "Going to give me a hand here?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia rubs her arms and looks around. Yep... definitely creepy. "Oh, uh, yes Mistress." Nothing like silly antics to chase away that eery feeling. The lampades moves to Irena's side to help her push the doors open.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

It will be a long wait; the chain is keeping the child in a magical slumber. Also, looking at him with magic-vision will reveal he isn't a child. Or isn't just a child, anyway; he's also a source of divine magic, and some of the same magic is linked to the silver amulet. Should have mentioned that before, but it slipped my mind.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-08-08 at 03:31 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sznovf - Wizard's Tower]

Cassidy doesn't know much of anything about divine magic. So to her, the wait ends up to be too long, and she figures that the kid probably doesn't have anything to do with this. She goes to leave the altar and head back into that lab.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

To the lab it is, leaving the trapped child-deity behind and chained to the altar of an ancient temple.

There is one more door to be explored, or Cassidy can return to the actual caravan and try another of the portals.

11. - Top - End - #71

Cass decides to explore the last door, not intending to leave stones unturned here.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

Beyond the final door is a store room. It's filled with various magical reagents and materials, including a shelf covered in bones, a small garden of herbs under a light-spell, a filing cabinet filled with blank scrolls and pieces of vellum, two shelves of reference books on magical theory, a barrel with several lengths of straight, flawless wood sticking out of it, a chest, a glass-fronted cabinet filled with crystals, gemstones, pieces of gravel, fossils, and chunks of rock and a large tank of water. Hanging from the ceiling are sprigs of dried plants, lengths of string and rope, various corpses of small animals, bundles of feathers, rolled furs and skins and several necklaces of silver, gold, bronze, titanium and iron.

13. - Top - End - #73

Cassidy searches through the store room. She carefully uses her astral vision to see if anything in it might be particularly useful or important.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

There's something magical in the chest, and a large, black sapphire in the gems cabinet has been replaced with a disembodied eye that is staring at Cassidy. Several of the feathers appear to have been taken from magical beings; specifically, a pegasus, an angel, a succubus and a Bennu. One of the furs has been magically shrunk; another is a scrap of hide taken from a lycanthrope. One of the plants in the little garden is magical, and one of the staves is a Staff of Fury, which will cause the person or animal it is cast upon to attack the nearest other person or animal, even if it isn't to their benefit.

15. - Top - End - #75

[Ancient Temple]

The doors are pushed open and the remaining daylight is let into the aging structure revealing a stone floor with moss growing between the crags. Irena steps inside without any hesitation and looks around the entry hall. If Nadia decides to follow her she will find herself in a round room made out of stone. Above them is a wooden ceiling which is held up by four pillars with an stone stair case leading up to it. The room is filled with spider webs, spiders and other insects but not much dust.

At their left side is a another wooden door which have left ajar. Not breaking her stride Irena opens the next door as well. If Nadia bravely decides to follow her girlfriend she will find a corridor filled with six doors along either side.

"So what are we looking for anyway? This place seems pretty abandoned." Irena asks, turning to the lampade.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia is quick to follow behind Irena. "I'm not sure. Just any sign of that bastard that stole from us. With any luck we can find some way to find him." Hopefully they do so fast as well. She doesn't really want to have to search this place room by room. She nods toward one of the doors. "One of these is as good a place to start as any."

17. - Top - End - #77

[Ancient Temple]

"Alright, might take a while though. This place seem huge and it's already getting pretty late." The witch observes before opening the door.

As she open it they will find it to be pretty dark inside, the room apparently being completely windowless. Irena seems prepared for this however and fishes up a flashlight from her pocket and turns it on.

Letting it sweep across the small room the two will find it pretty simple, there is an rotten bed in the corner, a fireplace next to it and a murky wardrobe in the opposite corner.

"Well, nothing he-"

*KAROOOM!!!*

The thunder suddenly interrupts Irena, sounding loudly through the whole building.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia jumps and screams. "Holy **** that was loud." She says after she manages to collect herself. "Please tell me you brought, like, an umbrella or something." It looked so nice out when they left...

19. - Top - End - #79

[Ancient Temple]

"Uh, not really. I didn't think of it when we left, aren't you the one that is supposed to remember stuff anyway?" Irena replies, she would have made of her girlfriends scream if she hadn't jumped at the thunder as well. <.<

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"Ugh, let's just hope it stops by the time we get out of here." It's hard to blame Irena when it never occurred to her either. Nadia looks around the room again. "Right, so nothing here. Let's check the next one."

21. - Top - End - #81

[Ancient Temple]

"Hey, who knows? Maybe we have to sleep here? I imagine that slope could get pretty dangerous in the rain." Irena teases the lampade as they walk over to the next room. It's layout is however pretty much identical to the last one, a wardrobe, a bed and a fireplace.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-08 at 05:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"Well, it's a good thing those beds are so clean. Or at least the floors are so soft." Nadia says sarcastically. "And it doesn't look like this room's got anything either." This is discouraging.

23. - Top - End - #83

[Ancient Temple]

By now they can hear the rain heavily falling on the roof above and how the wind is causing the old structure to loudly whine as it blows through the various holes in it.

"Maybe we should check inside the wardrobe or something? I have no idea why he wanted to met her in this kind of place anyway." Irena says before opening it, causing a broom to fall out. Illuminating the closet with her flashlight she reveals an old rug and what once might have been clothing.

"Nope... well, I guess we have to go and check of the rest of the rooms then and then check the top floor too." Might be a long evening.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"And staying here over night is starting to sound like a not terrible idea." Nadia looks upward. That storm sounds nasty. "We might have to cuddle together for warmth." She adds jokingly.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Over Forest beside SG

Tyalla's quiet, waiting.

When it seems he's not about to say anything, and she can't keep her curiosity contained any longer, the questions burst for her lips in rapid succession, asking one after another without any pauses for answers.

"Why do you have an eagle? She's lovely, and it's a wonderful surprise, but how did you get her? How do you speak to her? How did she find us? How come you never mentioned her before? How and why and... huh?"
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Fortress Mountain- Inside

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Or more than likely scowling because he's getting such a nice view. Can't be very flattering, having your secret fortress of evil stormed by a naked hussy.

Icarus throws himself in the way of the bolts, all eight striking him rather than the vat. Or rather, striking his shields, which extinguish them before any amount to more than a brief flash of light and heat. No worse for wear, Icarus crashes to the ground on the other side of the vat, still glaring up at the ceiling.

Fortress Mountain- More Above

This time the trip isn't nearly so long. Within moments Erin emerges into another chamber, this one both unoccupied and much nicer than the last. Other than the heavy wooden desk at one end, the room is almost entirely taken up by a row of empty glass tanks along one wall, tended to by a many-armed device hanging from the ceiling.

Erin, noting that the room is empty, pauses before fireballing the tanks. And floats over to investigate!

[Fortress Mountain - Outside!]

Let's go with 'yes' then. The Nexus has more than enough crossbreeds to make the inclusion of this ATA gene in the Einherjar supersoldiers more than likely.
    In that case, the Jumper powers up with a Futuristic Hum™!

...the next question, of course, is can he read Alteran, since that's what all the controls are displaying in.

Oh, it's also worth noting there's no visible means of controlling the ship - no stick, no throttle, and no 'push here go fast' button...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

27. - Top - End - #87

Reposting in hopes that it'll reveal Rotting Baron's post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    A Popular Mountainside Village

Marcos thinks, with his eyes wide open. Now he realizes it! Either die right now, or die later! The Agent bluffed correctly - and Marcos's reaction confirmed that bluff.

"I-..." He tries to think. He even had a list of cool last words that he wanted to say! But, now, his mind is drawing a blank, right when he had the opportunity to use that list!

"Don't let me die like this," he pleads.

He still can't think of a good last line. (Although, it might be cool if he was killed mid-sentence! That definitely is a good way to be known as a horrific vile villain - killing someone mid-sentence.)
    Sorry, Rotting Baron, I can't find your post.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Ancient Temple]

"Yeah, nothing turns me on quite like wandering through spooky temples." Irena replies jokingly before sneaking in a little kiss, while attempting to warp her arms around Nadia. This is followed by the rather appropriate sound of thunder.

*KAROOM!!!*

It doesn't sound as loud this time thankfully. "...but I guess we should check out the other rooms before we do anything." The sound of thunder still startled her.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-09 at 04:36 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia laughs and gives Irena a little squeeze. "That's probably a good idea." She'll guide her girlfriend out of the room and into the next one.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Over Forest beside SG

Tyalla's quiet, waiting.

When it seems he's not about to say anything, and she can't keep her curiosity contained any longer, the questions burst for her lips in rapid succession, asking one after another without any pauses for answers.

"Why do you have an eagle? She's lovely, and it's a wonderful surprise, but how did you get her? How do you speak to her? How did she find us? How come you never mentioned her before? How and why and... huh?"
    Elkandar laughs. Slow down!

I made friends with her a few days after I left Filwarfin, my hometown... I caught her a deer. Sort of like a surragate mom. I lived with her, by the cottage. I'm not really sure why or how we talk... it just sort of happens.
    The drow gets a bit of a faraway look in his eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back