New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Ancient Temple]

"I love you..." Irena whispers softly as she nuzzles close to her girlfriend before falling asleep as well.

----------------------------------------

All of sudden Nadia is awaken by thunder overhead. It's pitch black inside the room and she can't see anything at all except for the window that she can hear strange noises from and maybe worst of all, she can no longer feel Irena next to her.

But before she freaks out she can finally feel her girlfriends hand close reassuringly around hers and squeeze it slightly.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sznovf - Wizard's Tower]

Cass hmm's before replying. "Okay then. See this trenchcoat?" She asks, gesturing at the coat she wears. "Can you make it resistant to magic?"

...Really? You're not going to ask how to force the monkeys away, or for some way to go back home? Alrighty then.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"I can." He just did it, though there's no overt sign of any magic used. Unless Cassidy had her magic-sight on, in which case she would have seen a burst of divine energy float into her trench coat and disperse. Hopefully it wasn't already enchanted; it's possible that the new magic resistance causes them to slide off it. As a side effect, it might also be impervious to magical detection (and even hide magical energy) or be slightly tougher.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia starts awake and sits up suddenly. Her sleep had been plagued by nightmares, and that in combination with everything else nearly drives her into a panic.

But thankfully, her girlfriend is here to reassure her. "Irena? What's happening?" She slows her frantic breathing, but it's going to take a bit longer to calm her thumping heart.

5. - Top - End - #125

[Ancient Temple]

There is no reply so it seems to be safe to assume the witch is still sleeping. Then all of sudden Nadia can hear something, footsteps coming from the corridor outside. They are faint at first but grows louder and louder as something seems to approach the door to the room.

But before Nadia can react there is a creak as the door slowly opens up and a dark figure slides inside.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Oh no. Nadia freezes, staying as silent as she can. She holds her breath, but she's sure that her heart can be heard. Her grip on Irena's hand tightens, but she doesn't try to wake her.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cyan Beach]

Vizek bares his fangs in annoyance, "Damon! Listen to me! I have no idea what you're talking about. Whoever you think I am or have done, you're wrong because I'm fairly sure I haven't gone senile yet." The green dragon pauses, giving Damon an stern look. "Since you're Damon right? Or are you someone else?"
    "Enough of your act already, Vizek, of coursse I'm Damon. I don't know why you're doing thiss, but I've had enough. Leave me be. I want nothing to do with your kind. No exceptionss. Not for you, not for Ssarah." With an irritated hiss, Damon starts walking away.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #128

[Ancient Temple]

As the figure slowly sneaks towards the bed a flash of light suddenly illuminates the room through the window, revealing that the figure is in fact Irena who look startled at the window.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Irena?

Who the hell is holding her hand?! The lampades tries to jerk her hand away and roll away from whoever it was that's there. She could very well roll off the bed.

10. - Top - End - #130

[Ancient Temple]

The lampade jerks her hand away and rolls out of the bed with thud, Irena quickly running to her side as she her girlfriend landing on the floor. "Nadia!? Are you okay?" She asks while taking up her flashlight, directing it's beam it right at in Nadia's face.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia holds up her arms to block the light and says. "Look at the bed! Look at the bed! There's someone in the bed!" She's very obviously panicked.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Tent City}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Nope, though Derek is an early riser, usually getting up around sunrise, though he had planned on sleeping in this particular morning. So unless anyone comes to wake him up early he will wake up on his own, and find a bloody knife.
    Well, maybe the air-rendering scream will wake him, and many others, up this wonderful morning?

That is, around 6 in the morning (GICT- Gersemi Island Central Time), a woman from the sickness quarter finds her father's corpse and screams her lungs out.

The village soon begins to stir noisily as the others follow the noise to discover what has happened.

{Feed the Refugees}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent decides since there's only four servings, he'll go at it two at a time this time rather than pushing for three.
    Grabbing a plate in each hand, he works his way towards the center of the group to figure out how the balancing thing works, but spills some along the way.

He serves up the what he's got before heading back for more. This time around he does a better job of not spilling any, again heading towards roughly the middle.

His player isn't too sure on the rough span of that though.
    ((Looks good. ))

While Vincent is serving the first two bowls of soup, Caroline runs back and begins mixing the second serving.

She decides to stick with simple, for now.

She mixes the Beef with Onions and Potatoes, this time. Adding 1 Salt.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=Head]Time|Event
    :05|Caroline makes Beef Stew
    :25|Caroline carries the kettle to the Refugee Village
    :30|Caroline runs back and makes Beef Stew
    :40|Vincent serves two servings
    :50|Caroline delivers the second kettle
    1:00|Vincent serves two more servings, and finds the second kettle already delivered.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    [/table]
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-08-11 at 12:37 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #133

[Ancient Temple]

Irena redirects the flashlight towards the bed and looks at it closely while pulling off the cover and throwing it on the floor. She then turns back to Nadia and kneels down while attempting to put her hand on the lampades shoulder. "Nadia, there is no one in the bed, you must have had a nightmare or something. It's just the two of us here." She assures her girlfriend, trying to sound as soothing as possible.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia get up herself to look at the bed after Irena finishes speaking. No one there... She puts her face in her hands and tries to calm down. "I could've sworn someone was holding my hand. I thought it was you at first... I guess it was just my imagination." Irena probably noticed that Nadia wasn't sleeping very peacefully to begin with.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Derek is indeed woken by the scream and sits up with a start. He blinks a few times and starts to head out of the tent when he spots the knife. He stops dead in his tracks as he sees the bloody blade. He just stares at it for a minute or so not sure what to do. He knows something is wrong, he should go and tell someone about the knife. But he doesn't want to touch it. How did it get here? Why did someone put it in his tent? Who had been cut?

That thought snaps him out of it. He grabs a spare shirt and bundles up the knife in it. Slipping his flip flops on he sets off at a quick pace for the cottage hoping to find Jezebelle or Melody.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #136

[Ancient Temple]

"I had to take a leak, thought I could sneak away without waking you up." The witch explains with a concerned look at Nadia. "Guess that diary must have messed you up pretty badly huh?" She says with a faint smile while sitting down in the bed.

Nadia can probably hear that the rain seem to have calmed down a bit by now.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia sighs and sits beside Irena. "I guess so. That damn storm never helped anything either." She rests her head on her girlfriend's shoulder.

18. - Top - End - #138

[Ancient Temple]

"Don't worry, we'll be out of here tomorrow. The storm is already calming down, it barely rained at all while I were out." Nadia can still feel that the witch shoulder is rather wet though.

Meanwhile Irena slowly starts to pat her girlfriends hair. "Let's just go back to sleep okay? I swear I won't leave the bed again."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia nods and gives Irena a hug. "Thanks. Here, let me dry you off." She tries to pull the water off of Irena and dumps it in the corner of the room. That done she'll slide back under the covers.

20. - Top - End - #140

[Ancient Temple]

The water is pulled away and dumped in the corner of the room. "Heh, thanks. Maybe you could have redirected all the water drops around us too if we decided to go out..." She says before reaching out to grab the cover she threw on the floor earlier and pull it over the two so they can have a (relatively) good night of sleep.

As Nadia awake the next morning Irena is still in bed laying right next to her. "Good morning beautiful... lost your cute little horn I see." By now the scroll probably have expired so the lampade is back in her normal form. "Too bad, I had wanted to have sex with you at least twice while you where like that." She tells Nadia with a sleepy smile. The reason they got away a bit later was because the witch insisted they had a quick shag first. <.<
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-09 at 08:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia giggles. She had a much better sleep for the rest of the night. "Sorry to disappoint." She sits up and stretches. "So how did you sleep? The rest of the night I mean."

22. - Top - End - #142

[Ancient Temple]

"I slept pretty well, kind of hungry though and a bit thirsty." She says while sitting up as well. "But while I didn't bring any water or food, I did take this with me." She says while taking something out of her pocket.

It's a very small furry transformation scroll (now rather mashed thanks to being in the witch pocket for gods know how long) which Irena presents with a amused grin. "While you never remember to call me mistress, I do remember the other parts of your deal with me."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"You are absolutely ridiculous, Mistress." Nadia shakes her head and takes the scroll. She reads it, and suddenly she shifts into a sugar glider person form. She gets fur again most noticeably. Her eyes grow a bit larger and her ears shift too. A membrane links her arms and legs together as well. This has an interesting effect on her clothing, which now has to stay on by hanging from her shoulders and looping through her legs. "I think my clothes cover even less now..."

24. - Top - End - #144

[Ancient Temple]

"So why bother with clothes at all?" Irena muses as she openly stares at Nadia's transformed body. "I mean, I'm the only one here and I have seen you naked countless of times. I got some spare clothes in the car too..." She says suggestively while approaching the lampade, trying to run her hands through her girl friends newly grown fur.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-09 at 09:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

As Derek exits his tent, he may see Melody fly over head, wrapped in a white night dress. But she soon disappears as she lands in the midst of the mob of onlookers.

If he looks back to the cottage, he'll see Jezebelle holding Estia and Lyanna back.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia laughs. "I would have thought there'd be something that could creep you out." She thinks the membranes are pretty weird herself. "You do know these scrolls are gonna run out sometime, then you're just stuck with plain old me."

27. - Top - End - #147

[Ancient Temple]

"Unless I ask Dio for more scrolls of course." The witch jokes but pulls herself away from Nadia before she get's too attached to her girlfriend. "...I guess we should continue to look around though, maybe find something more in that diary." She suggests.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Ah, that puts a bit of a damper on the mood. "Yeah, we should." She gives Irena a peck on the cheak and pulls herself out of bed. "So what should we start with first? The diary or looking around?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"I can." He just did it, though there's no overt sign of any magic used. Unless Cassidy had her magic-sight on, in which case she would have seen a burst of divine energy float into her trench coat and disperse. Hopefully it wasn't already enchanted; it's possible that the new magic resistance causes them to slide off it. As a side effect, it might also be impervious to magical detection (and even hide magical energy) or be slightly tougher.
    Cass did happen to have her magic-sight on. She wasn't just going to take this kid's word for granted, after all. Needless to say, she's a little surprised when the divine energy flows into her coat, and even more surprised when she sees an aura from her coat for the briefest of moments before it disappears. "Uh... thank you."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

As Derek exits his tent, he may see Melody fly over head, wrapped in a white night dress. But she soon disappears as she lands in the midst of the mob of onlookers.

If he looks back to the cottage, he'll see Jezebelle holding Estia and Lyanna back.

Derek sees Melody but decides to avoid the mob of people, he would love a private place to have a chat with Melody but he doesn't see that happening right now. So he checks the cottage and breathes a sigh of relief to see Jezebelle there. He had been worried it would be her blood on the bloody knife. He quickly makes his way to her.

"Jezebelle I need to talk to you and Melody somewhere private as soon as we can."

He seems a bit flustered and obviously upset about something. He doesn't want to bring up the bloody knife in front of the kids, he hides the wrapped up knife behind his back.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?