New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Swamp of Doom]

Though the snakes aren't much to Jane, the many many cobwebs are a bit or trouble. She takes stock of her current position, trying to see if there's any easy way on the ground.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-08-22 at 11:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Swamp of Doom

There's easy ground alright, a clear trail carved by the triplets over their two week stay here. Problem is, they're occupying it. Going lower risks being spotted, 'specially with First already on his guard for invisible watchers, while staying up in the branches means dealing with the spiders. 'course there's a third option, but braving unexplored territory in this treacherous place? I wouldn't advise it.

Meanwhile, while Jane's examining her options, her mark's are pulling ahead.

"We're here." 'Here' is a huge mound leaves rising up from the swamp, tiny spiders white as ghosts crawling over it. It's a stunningly bad hiding place really, obviously recent and thus sticking out like a sore thumb against the decayed and time-worn surroundings. "Buried it in there. Want a shovel?" Alpha offers, smirking at Marciano. Looks like the poor bastard will have to dig his prize up.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #513

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Cyan Beach]

"Ah. But of course. Would you be so kind as to keep him nice and still there?" Peculiar how well Damon switches back to Darrel, isn't it? Clearly he's been practicing the act for quite a while.

"Our captive doesn't want to talk, it'd seem..." With a wicked grin, Damon strides over and leans in.

And then his eyes are that of a zern again, as he shifts forms. "What a brave demon you are, to sstand up to a dragon. Why iss that, I wonder? Do you perhapss think dragonss are not sskilled in the wayss of torture?" Damon hisses wickedly as a little ball of black fire springs into existence in his hand.

"Maybe they are. Maybe they're not. Truth be told, I've never obsserved any dragon doing that ssort of thing. But I am quite, quite ssure that I'm far better than them."

The zern waves the ball of fire back and forth in front of the demon a few times, making sure he gets a good look at it.

"You ssee, I have complete control over my fire. Your friend didn't like my fire. It sspread acrosss hiss body and burned him alive." Damon lets out a hissing chuckle, "Your kind are quite ressisstant to fire, aren't you? But all that meanss iss that I can make you feel far, far more pain without putting your life at rissk. Sshall we begin? Or perhapss you will be reassonable and talk?"
    [Cyan Beach]

The pit lord glares at Damon and Vizek don't look too comfortable where this suddenly was going either.
    "Torture? Spare yourself the trouble, I have endured so many painful death's I have lost count. Besides, there is nothing you can do to stop us anyway. You're too late." The demon replies with a weak grin.

"Damon, there might be easier ways to find out. Torture is not a good way, even practically." Vizek says as his long neck curls in an arch near Damon.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Cottage}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "I can understand that. I was a terrible cook for the longest time. Managed to teach myself a thing or two over the years. I am pretty good with seafood."
    I can grill the fish we catch. She stirs the potatoes, flipping them onto their sides. I haven't figured out what to do with the octopusses, octopi? How to cook those.

She begins scooping out the potoatoes unevenly onto the two plates with eggs. Then taking the two plates, she tries to spin in his arms to face him. If successful, she'll then lean forward to give him a kiss.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #515
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Either very lightly at all or breaded and fried. Have you ever had sushi?"

He does his best to avoid knocking the plates out of her hands and he is happy to give her another kiss. His usual breakfasts have a severe lack of kisses and he is happy this one is doing much better.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

Jeanne stormed along the road, fuming, the crumpled letter in her hands. I won't go back there. I can't! I won't!

Not the most unusual sentiment for a rebellious daughter to have to a letter from home. In this case, from her mother.

My dear Jeanne-Antoinette,

Gah! STOP CALLING ME THAT!

blah blah family gossip boring who is shagging who

Don't care.

I was asked to write and check up on you. We thought you'd have gotten pregnant by now and returned. What are you doing? You can't possibly be infertile, can you? If you are, then you'll need to come back to your old job.

No! No! NO!

blah blah story of how Zabrigael met, seduced, and ate Jeanne's father that she's heard a hundred times before

NO IT DOES NOT MAKE ME WANT TO HAVE BABIES!!!!!

It was all pretty clear. If she didn't start seducing mortals and making little succubus babies soon, she'd be recalled to Hell, where she'd be back on duty seducing and tormenting damned souls. Ugh.

"Why did I have to be a First Circle devil?" Jeanne groans. Of course she knew the answer. Because her mother was a succubus, and seduced a mortal to make another succubus. "Any other Circle would be better." She flops down on the grass and lay back, staring at the clouds.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Swamp of Doom

There's easy ground alright, a clear trail carved by the triplets over their two week stay here. Problem is, they're occupying it. Going lower risks being spotted, 'specially with First already on his guard for invisible watchers, while staying up in the branches means dealing with the spiders. 'course there's a third option, but braving unexplored territory in this treacherous place? I wouldn't advise it.

Meanwhile, while Jane's examining her options, her mark's are pulling ahead.

"We're here." 'Here' is a huge mound leaves rising up from the swamp, tiny spiders white as ghosts crawling over it. It's a stunningly bad hiding place really, obviously recent and thus sticking out like a sore thumb against the decayed and time-worn surroundings. "Buried it in there. Want a shovel?" Alpha offers, smirking at Marciano. Looks like the poor bastard will have to dig his prize up.
    He glares at the twins, ignoring the shovel. "No. You dig, I'm not going to dig up some empty chest while you two run off!" He pulls out a pen and fires at the mound, which should cause the dirt to levatate and drop down to the left.

8. - Top - End - #518

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [R'lyeh]

"Why must you sap the fun out of everything, Dave? You're like a spah that has it out for clowns!"

Clarissa huffs! Dave wasn't cooperating at all! With anything!

"First you insult this culture, the culture adopted by one of the only societies that accepts me for what I am and now you get incensed over nothing and give me the skunk eye? I don't get it! I really don't!"

"But fine! This clinic isn't your favorite tourist trap! I don't remember asking you for your guff! I don't need this dumb appointment anyway!"

"Let's go."

Clarissa folds her arms bitterly. Dave wasn't playing nice anymore so she wasn't obligated to either! He didn't go back on his word, though. That's the good news.

The outcome of this petty tiff aside, Clarissa needs this checkup. It is imperative to her mental and physical health and the lives of every citizen dotting the face of the Nexus like runaway freckles.
    R'yleh
    Dave followed along. He didn't enjoy breaking seemingly normal people in half, though he used to way back when. He was even in competitions for it back when he was still a guest-star at Killcon.
    But enough about back in the day, back when Dave just, you know, killed for money, had to hide his face, fought with his family on a constant basis, and still had mother-issues.
    Dave just follows silently, intent on not breaking his promise!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

"Either very lightly at all or breaded and fried. Have you ever had sushi?"

He does his best to avoid knocking the plates out of her hands and he is happy to give her another kiss. His usual breakfasts have a severe lack of kisses and he is happy this one is doing much better.
    Jezebelle just stands there, plates in hand, looking into his eyes. I can't say I have. What is it?

10. - Top - End - #520
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It is when you take uncooked or lightly cooked fish and you put it on rice, often with other vegetables or sauces on top. Some people really like it others find it really weird. I fall into the first category. Maybe I can make it for you sometime."

He leans in for one more kiss before offering to take one of the plates.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

A flying pink flaming hawt Reinholdt human arrives at the beach, lands, and sets off towards the cottage. People might have seen him come in or his visit could be a surprise. I guess we'll find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

"It is when you take uncooked or lightly cooked fish and you put it on rice, often with other vegetables or sauces on top. Some people really like it others find it really weird. I fall into the first category. Maybe I can make it for you sometime."

He leans in for one more kiss before offering to take one of the plates.
    Jezebelle pulls back slightly, avoiding the kiss for a moment. Are you serious? placing the plate with more potatoes in the offered hand. Who thought that was a good idea?

[Melody's Island]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A flying pink flaming hawt Reinholdt human arrives at the beach, lands, and sets off towards the cottage. People might have seen him come in or his visit could be a surprise. I guess we'll find out.
    Some in the refugee village notice him. But no one approaches his hotness in greeting. He may see the Smurf moving among them as he comes in for a landing.

There are no children about.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

"They are small, it's not like you eat a whole raw fish. It is better then it sounds. I'm not sure who first thought it up, it was something I picked up in my travels."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

No children. Odd.

Reinholdt will head towards where he saw Melody though and try to meet up with her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    R'yleh
    Dave followed along. He didn't enjoy breaking seemingly normal people in half, though he used to way back when. He was even in competitions for it back when he was still a guest-star at Killcon.
    But enough about back in the day, back when Dave just, you know, killed for money, had to hide his face, fought with his family on a constant basis, and still had mother-issues.
    Dave just follows silently, intent on not breaking his promise!
    [R'lyeh]

Dagnabbit! Clarissa is feeling oh so penitent and compunctious for helping Dave out with his deep-seated psychological trauma right about now! At the moment, she's ticked off that Dave won't even respond to her angry rant!

I might not have been clear 'bout this last post but Clarissa is not forging ahead with the next stop being an examination room. She's attempting to leave the clinic and bail out of her appointment.

So Dave isn't technically bound under the terms of his verbal contract anymore.

... Yay?

16. - Top - End - #526

R'yleh
    Dave attempts to stop her! Mostly by trying to gently grab her.
    "Woah now. Clarissa, we can't bail out of this appointment. I may not want to be in this crazy place that much, but you do need a check-up. Can we please just get through it? I promise I'll do whatever you want afterwards."
    Good job, Dave! You save the Nexus!
    Though by being married to Clarissa in the first place, he's probably made her much more sane and has already saved the Nexus, numerous times
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

"They are small, it's not like you eat a whole raw fish. It is better then it sounds. I'm not sure who first thought it up, it was something I picked up in my travels."
    Now Jezebelle tries to kiss him. I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least try it, right? Let's go sit down. she nods toward the table.

[Melody's Island- Refugee Village]

No children. Odd.

Reinholdt will head towards where he saw Melody though and try to meet up with her.
    Reinholdt will find Melody carrying one end of a stretcher out of a tent. Her hands and the front of her dress are covered in dried blood. She looks up and jumps slightly at the sight of Reinholdt. Oh! Uh.... she looks a little uncomfortable, unable to drop the stretcher. Hi. We've had a... a little trouble.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Derek follows her over to the table and takes a seat next to her.

"There is a lot of different types, but I like the ones with squid and octopus."
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-08-23 at 09:20 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground

[R'lyeh]

That is correct! Dave has made a career out of saving the world through his marriage!

But he hasn't unseated or even shaken Clarissa's wrath one ounce, I'm afraid.

"If you want the stupid check-up so badly, you go to it then!"

Clarissa shouts, attempting to brush Dave off of her and continue to storm off.

"I told you I don't need this stupid appointment! I know my body better than any stupid quack ghost doctor ever could! Ever! So you hop to it! I'm going out to do...stuff that isn't as stupid as this is!"

"Don't wait up for me."

Clarissa probably will embark on a rampage through a town somewhere if Dave let's her run off now.

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    He glares at the twins, ignoring the shovel. "No. You dig, I'm not going to dig up some empty chest while you two run off!" He pulls out a pen and fires at the mound, which should cause the dirt to levatate and drop down to the left.
    ... And the mound of leaves barely shifts.

Raising an eyebrow in bemusement at the halfling's conviction that what looks to be a mere pen will do the job, Alpha wordlessly takes an army-standard folding shovel from his pack, snaps it out to full size and offers it to Marciano.

"Ain't an empty chest down there. It's our brother." First says, reclining with apparent nonchallance against a handy tree, arms crossed across his chest. "We buried the soul too, figured we'd leave it with him, till you put fifteen million on the table. We think we'd understand, but, we're still not gonna be the ones to dig up his grave. That's what happened to us."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Derek follows her over to the table and takes a seat next to her.

"There is a lot of different types, but I like the ones with squid and octopus."
    Jezebelle involuntarily wrinkles her nose. Ew. Can we try one with fish first? she takes a bite of eggs.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Melody's Island- Cottage]

"Yeah sure that shouldn't be a problem."

He grins at her reaction and starts to eat his eggs and potatoes as well. As he eats he can't help but wonder what Melody has been doing with the knife and trying to find the murderer.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I see." Reinholdt says, looking at the blood and stretcher. "Do you need help moving that?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    A Popular Mountainside Village
    Outside!
    Harley runs up to the mountains!

Nearing the Inn

The people are mostly oblivious to what just happened. Some are suspect, especially the guards, but they're successfully thrown off course, running down the hillside out of the village.

After all, this is a popular adventurer's base town. Odd noises are heard all the time. Usually when some random object explodes because a wizard tried to use it without knowing how.

Into the Inn

The Man can go into the Inn fairly easily. The Innkeeper keeps on looking down at some very important-looking business papers. He assumes that, if The Agent wishes to talk to him, he'll hit the little silver bell right in front of the Innkeeper.

The Inn is fairly clean, and a lot more rich-looking than the rest of the town. There's a Front Room to the right, with three strong-looking guys with swords sitting on lounge chairs chatting about the best way to kill a flaming goblin without using any weapons.

There's another room just beyond the Front Room.

There's also two sets of stairs, each going upwards, at each end of the inn, which will take The Agent to the three floors upwards, all of which have rooms. (There is also a roof exit, which will lead to a back mountain pass). The first floor upwards is floor 1, the second is 2, and the third is 3. Each room also has a letter, from A to Q

Behind the Innkeeper's back is a mounted keyrack, which holds all the keys to all the rooms. Missing keys (meaning rooms that have people either in the room, around the town, or in the surrounding mountains): 1A, 1B, 1C. 1K. 1P, 1Q. 2F, 2G, 2H, 2I, 2J. 3A, 3C, 3E. 3N, 3O.
    OoC: The guy who The Agent is looking for is currently alone in room 2G, and is present in the room at the moment. The Agent can either investigate each room one by one, ask the Innkeeper (who probably won't be too fond about answering many questions about his clients), ask the three strong-looking guys, one of which is shirtless, or use whatever natural or supernatural means that you can think of)[/OoC]
    Respost? Did you see this? Or did I miss your reply again?

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

[Melody's Island- Cottage]

"Yeah sure that shouldn't be a problem."

He grins at her reaction and starts to eat his eggs and potatoes as well. As he eats he can't help but wonder what Melody has been doing with the knife and trying to find the murderer.
    Jezebelle continues to eat her food.

At one time she asks, between bites, What should we do today?

"So I see." Reinholdt says, looking at the blood and stretcher. "Do you need help moving that?"
    Melody nods an affirmative. If you'd take the other end from Baptim. she says, nodding back toward the inside of the tent. I need to take Timmoi's body to the barn. she'll wait while they switch.

26. - Top - End - #536

Dirt Road
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dirt Road

Jeanne stormed along the road, fuming, the crumpled letter in her hands. I won't go back there. I can't! I won't!

Not the most unusual sentiment for a rebellious daughter to have to a letter from home. In this case, from her mother.

My dear Jeanne-Antoinette,

Gah! STOP CALLING ME THAT!

blah blah family gossip boring who is shagging who

Don't care.

I was asked to write and check up on you. We thought you'd have gotten pregnant by now and returned. What are you doing? You can't possibly be infertile, can you? If you are, then you'll need to come back to your old job.

No! No! NO!

blah blah story of how Zabrigael met, seduced, and ate Jeanne's father that she's heard a hundred times before

NO IT DOES NOT MAKE ME WANT TO HAVE BABIES!!!!!

It was all pretty clear. If she didn't start seducing mortals and making little succubus babies soon, she'd be recalled to Hell, where she'd be back on duty seducing and tormenting damned souls. Ugh.

"Why did I have to be a First Circle devil?" Jeanne groans. Of course she knew the answer. Because her mother was a succubus, and seduced a mortal to make another succubus. "Any other Circle would be better." She flops down on the grass and lay back, staring at the clouds.

"Familial problems?"

Jeanne's view of the sky will suddenly be blocked by a face hanging over her. A dark blue face with light scales, long, floppy ears and sideways-pupiled goat eyes. Strands of black hair hang down around him. No doubt, Jeanne will likely recognize this newly arrived stranger as a devil of the seventh circle, Pride - for all the good and ill that means.
    "Perhaps I can be of service."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt will take the other end and help escort the body, without saying anything on the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

"Oh, I just hate my job. All that sweating and grunting and fluid exchange..." Jeanne says. "It's just really gross and horrible and I'm sick of it. What's a Proudfoot doing Mortalside?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #539

Dirt Road

"Is that so." There is a note of distaste in Mercutio's voice as he stands straight. With his hands clasped behind his back, the devil walks around Jeanne and stands before her on the edge of the dirt road. "I suppose I can't blame you. I've never seen the appeal myself. And I could ask the same of you, Miss... Jeanne-Antoinette, was it? I believe so. Although I'm much more curious about the how."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

"It's Jeanne."
    She says, pronouncing it like "genie" instead of the French pronunciation her mother intended (and which Mercutio most likely used). "How do you think I got here? Her Painfu... Her Ladyship, Morgana, likes to keep the the succubus/incubus population growing. We go back and forth all the time."

Jeanne props herself up a bit with her elbows behind her, but is content to stay mostly sprawled. "You didn't answer my question, so I'll add another to the list. How do you know my name?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs