New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Picnic]

Ormirrah's face goes up in a blush, and she leaps to her feet. There's a lump in her throat because she doesn't know how well what she wants to ask is going to go. Still, she moves over to the entity and whispers into it's ear. Peter might hear if he's quick enough to get a bit closer before she's done, but he'd have to be moving pretty fast.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Sky -> AMEN
    But Megan wanted complete and utter destruction of evidence and didn't want to have to destroy his body slowly by laser. So she decided on just lava.
    Anyways, she teleports to AMEN now!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

The Sky --> AMEN

That makes sense. Plus, after dropping somebody onto a mountain side, they'll like bounce quite a bit, and if dropped from high enough they may require considerable cleaning up afterwards.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island Also Near Cottage}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    He stops with her turn to face her and reaching out to take one of her hands in his.

"Well it has been a pleasure. I'll see you in the morning?"

He asks hopefully.
    Jezebelle nods her head. Yes, I'd like that very much. she says with a smile. She leans forward, her mouth slightly open, and her eyes beginning to close.

{Melody's Island- Near Cottage}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Do you want to make soup or serve soup?"
    Vincent has absolutely no idea what goes good in a soup. People eating stuff are weird.
    I think I'd better make the soup. Carrying the kettle will be hard, but that's better than feeding them poison. she nods, confident in Vincent's skills.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Derek leans in for a soft kiss goodnight. He wants to pull her into him and hold her tight, but he restrains himself to giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Good, I am looking forward to it. Have a great night."
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-08-06 at 09:33 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Jezebelle returns the gentle hand squeeze, as they seperate. Sweet dreams. Come to the cottage, when you get up.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Melody's Island- Near Cottage}

I think I'd better make the soup. Carrying the kettle will be hard, but that's better than feeding them poison. she nods, confident in Vincent's skills.
    "Alright then." Vincent says, picking player 2.
    "... Wait what do you mean by poi-"
    Oh no, look at that. The minigame started before Vincent finishes his indignation. Oops.
    >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

"OK, sweet dreams to you to."

He takes a few step backwards getting ready to head to his tent, but not wanting to turn away from her just yet.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [A Popular Mountainside Village]

"You are in the presence of an Agent." That's all the man says regarding himself. All he can say, really. "The Black Society, merchant. Tell me their location." He holds the revolver ready.
    A Popular Mountainside Village

"I-I-I d-don't know," Marcos stammers. "The B-Black Society doesn't have a specific *gulp* base of operations." Which is partially true. There's several, each led by the highest-tier leaders. Lower-tier members generally don't know the identities of higher-tier members. They recognize each other by secret handshakes and the like.

Then he remembers something! This something might save his life, he thinks. "However, I know where you could find someone higher up than I," he says in a desperate attempt to save his skin. "He would come here on the morrow to pick up an object. Right now he is...is staying in the inn in this village." His eyes dart side to side. "You'll recognize him by the sign of a black heart inked on his shoulderblade." In fact, all members of the Black Society can be recognized by this tattoo. Even Marcos has one. Higher-ranked members have more elaborate designs.

"P-please let me live, "he pleads. What Marcos doesn't realize is that, having broken his oath of secrecy, the Black Society will send a hit-team to capture and torture him, wishing he was dead.

Too bad for him.

Meanwhile, Upstairs...
    Looking on the desk, Harley has found some interesting information, but nothing about the book she was looking for. It's probably somewhere in the secret passageway, but...that man is still down there, and Harley prefers not to be shot in the head.

She ducks behind the desk, waiting...and waiting 'til she can sneak down there and find it.

10. - Top - End - #40

[A Popular Mountainside Village]

"And what will you do with the... five days, I estimate, that you have before you are found?" The Agent says before pulling back the hammer of his revolver again. "Your Punishment is also your Mercy, merchant. What I do is far less painful than what your masters will do now that you've spoken of them." This was mostly a bluff, but the Agent knew how these societies worked.

"Do you have any last words?"

11. - Top - End - #41

A Popular Mountainside Village

Marcos thinks, with his eyes wide open. Now he realizes it! Either die right now, or die later! The Agent bluffed correctly - and Marcos's reaction confirmed that bluff.

"I-..." He tries to think. He even had a list of cool last words that he wanted to say! But, now, his mind is drawing a blank, right when he had the opportunity to use that list!

"Don't let me die like this," he pleads.

He still can't think of a good last line. (Although, it might be cool if he was killed mid-sentence! That definitely is a good way to be known as a horrific vile villain - killing someone mid-sentence.)
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-07 at 12:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Forest Outside SG

Before climbing aboard the eagle, she alters her morph. First of all, she hollows the bones, and reduces the size of all her muscles. Then the morph shrinks a little, until she's a very short, very thin drowess. Last of all, the hair shwoops back into her skull until it's only pixie-cut length.

Satisfied that that shed a significant amount of weight, she finally pulls herself up and onto the eagle behind Elkandar, wrapping her arms around his waist.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

13. - Top - End - #43

Forest

Gwaihir... Yip yip!

The eagle takes off, wih a great flapping of wings!

Now they're high, above the clouds.

This might take awhile...

Elkandar keeps his eyes down to the clouds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

14. - Top - End - #44

[Wilderness]

"It's okay, I don't think I had much of a life to begin with anyway." Astrana replies with a faint smile.

[Cyan Beach]

The pit lord finally falls to the ground, shouting something on it's own language shortly before succumbing to the fires, collapsing onto the sand underneath it. By this time a rather familiar voice speaks up behind Damon, "Erm... Damon?" Vizek!

[Ancient Temple]

Having to abandon their car considering the road just ends part of the way, Irena and Nadia are now walking up a hilltop in the middle of a large forest. "I wish she could have given more exact locations." The witch complains loudly.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

It takes a moment for Damon to even realise someone's talking to him. Like a predator claiming his prey, as soon as the pit lord falls Damon rushes over, back in his zern form, eager to reduce the body to ash...

And then hunched over his prize, he realises.

"Vizek." He spins round and glares at the dragon. "And jusst what are you doing here?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wilderness]

Valente returns the smile, though there's not much energy in it. "Alright, so Inside then. I guess we'd need to get money somehow. And you'll be going back to Exbourne to get your stuff, right? I imagine a bunch of my stuff is there as well." At least they have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one.

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia walks alongside Irena, holding her hand. "At least we have this much. I just hope we'll be able to find something."

The lampades isn't looking like her usual self today. She's holding up her end of the bargain as promised, even if she was drunk when she made it. Today's scroll has turned her into a unicorn person. She doesn't have fur covering her body, but she does have hooved feet and a long horn on her forehead. Her clothing is odd too. It's... well, it's lingerie. A silky white number that barely covers her butt and is rather low cut.

It's safe to say, she's really glad no one else is around.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[A Field of Wheat]

In a flicker of light, the divine princess Luna materializes just above the stalks of crop.
    With a gentle beat of her wings, she settles down into them and takes a little breath.
    Remember the plan.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

{Feed the Refugees Mini-game}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Alright then." Vincent says, picking player 2.
    "... Wait what do you mean by poi-"
    Oh no, look at that. The minigame started before Vincent finishes his indignation. Oops.
    >>
    Vincent appears near the Refugee Village. For the beginning of the game, there's not much he can do, accept wander about. There is an invisible barrier that keeps him from getting any closer to the barn than he already is.

There are ten rows of ten refugees, making one hundred mouths to feed. There is a timer on the bottom right, but it's currently set at 0:00.

Caroline is in front of the barn. She begins mixing ingredients.

As she carries the soup to a big red X on Vincent's side of the barrier. As she goes, she spills the kettle once. She presses A rapidly and only loses 1 serving of soup.

She can't go any furth up than the X. This space is the only area where the two can meet during the game. She barely gives Vincent any time to say anything, before she turns and runs back to the next kettle.

((Go ahead and edit the second table below to show how long it takes Vincent to feed the refugees. ))

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=Head]Time|Event
    :05|Caroline makes Beef Stew
    :25|Caroline carries the kettle to the Refugee Village.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    [/table]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "OK, sweet dreams to you to."

He takes a few step backwards getting ready to head to his tent, but not wanting to turn away from her just yet.
    Jezebelle too backs away from him. Soon she bumps almost clumsily into the cottage door. Blushing, she waves to him, Night! she calls, then turns and enters the cottage.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-08-07 at 06:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island Also Near Cottage>>Tent City}

Derek can't help but chuckle when she bumps in the door. He turns and makes his way to the tent he was shown earlier. There he lays down for to sleep, though not for awhile. He sits up thinking for quite awhile, with a silly grin on his face. He wasn't sure how the evening had turned out as it had. She liked him, and as surprised as he was to figure that out, he figured out he liked her and that was the real shock of the evening. In the end he goes to sleep, and he dreams of dark clouds on the horizon during a sunny day.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #50

[Wilderness]

"Yes, I suppose going back to exbourne is our first priority and getting you somewhere to sleep. Any ideas?" They could sleep at the ghost hotel!

[Ancient Temple]

"I don't even get why people would want to met at a place like this, it's so bloody hard to get to." Irena states while looking up at the ruins. She glances back at Nadia, "Might be best if you go first." She says while gesturing towards the ruins.

[Cyan Beach]

As the zern turns around he might notice that underneath one of the ancient dragons claws is the other demon lord, still alive considering how it struggles. "Oh you know, I try to met new people and still I run into you. Funny coincidence huh?" The dragon says with an toothy grin.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wilderness]

"There're hotels around the area. Hopefully somewhere that it won't cost too much for the night." They need to save money. "I think I should just wait nearby when you get the stuff. Then I can help you carry it away from there." Valente suggests.

[Ancient Temple]

"What, why?" Nadia asks, puzzled. "Can't we just go together?" She looks back at the ruins. She certainly doesn't want to go alone, especially not dressed like this. >.>
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-07 at 07:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

[Ancient Temple]

The witch smiles, "I just want you to go first silly. I'll be right behind you, I just think I might need some motivation and your cute butt have always inspired me. Especially in those clothes." Back to the teasing again apparently. "Oh and you forgot to add mistress there."

[Wilderness]

"I suppose, need to make a few other arrangements as well. I might need to keep the job though depending on what happens." She explains to the vampire. "I have no idea how the two of us are going to survive otherwise. You need blood and that's not exactly easy to get with the vampires keeping a monopoly."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"Of course it motivates you. You can practically see it with this thing on, Mistress." She says the last with a heavy dose of sarcasm, though not without amusement too. As requested, she steps out in front of Irena. She gives her hips and exaggerated swing for her girlfriend's benefit.

[Wilderness]

Valente nods slowly. "It might be dangerous, though. I know Tenebras seems all pleasant and upfront about everything, but I know not everything's what it looks like. I don't want to see you hurt because of me."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island - Tent City}

The night is just the right degree of cool, but not too cold, to best accomodate sleep. Of course, some may think any degree of cold is too cold.

Anyway.... during the night, Derek will no doubt hear the sounds of people constantly moving about in their tents. Further off, he may be able to hear the groans of those healing from their ails.

Sometime in the darkness, someone is stabbed. The death scream is silenced by the killer. So their is little chance Derek hears it. But the reason I say all this is, because he may hear the footsteps of the killer drawing nearer to his own tent.

The killer will try to slip the bloody knife under the side of the tent, lifting it slightly to try to get it near to one of Derek's hands.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island - Tent City}

Got to have just the right amount of chill so you get nice and warm under the blanket. Derek is the kind of guy who sleeps with his windows open almost year round.

Derek has always been a heavy sleeper, and sleeping on boat for years have done nothing to change that. So he sleeps through the footsteps outside his tent. So the dagger should be able to be put up near Derek's hands, which are up by his head holding onto his pillow.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

"Yess. Funny." Damon hisses and goes back to burninating his pit lord corpse. "Everywhere I go, I bump into your or one of the otherss. I sswear you do it jusst to sspite me. Now begone. I'm ssick of the ssight of you."

Not the friendliest of welcomes for ol' Vizek, eh?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Tent City}

Well, the rest of the night should go fairly well then. Unless something else wakes Derek up.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Tent City}

Nope, though Derek is an early riser, usually getting up around sunrise, though he had planned on sleeping in this particular morning. So unless anyone comes to wake him up early he will wake up on his own, and find a bloody knife.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

((Sorry; I thought I'd replied))

Amongst the rubble, Cassidy will find a silver amulet depicting a face in profile; comparison will reveal the face is that of the child chained to the altar. Also present in the rubble is a fossilised trilobite, a stack of eight gold coins that have been partially melted into a vague cylinder, a small bronze bell and the dessicated remains of a cat with a gold tooth in its lower jaw and a disintegrating silk collar studded with brown citrine crystals; they're natural, too. The bell is enchanted; when rung it will deafen those that hear it beyond the ringer; the exact time spent deaf depends on the person.
    Cass ignores most of the lewt. She is no proper adventurer if she ignores lewt!

Instead, Cass studies the locket a little, matching it to the child. She doesn't really care about it much, figuring that it doesn't have anything to do with this particular run. She waits for the kid to wake up, so she can ask him about this Brain guy. If takes too long, she just tries to snap the chains with some enhanced strength then go on her way.

30. - Top - End - #60

[Ancient Temple]

Irena chuckles loudly in amusement, "Just don't be too distracting or we'll never get anything done today. Just be glad they didn't met in mallside or something because that would have been hilarious." The witch states with a grin before attempting to kiss one of Nadia's rear.

If Nadia isn't distracted enough by Irena's shenanigans she will feel flat ground underneath her hand the next time she tries to climb upwards. If she lifts herself up she will find herself at the hill-top. I imagine it's hard to climb with hooves and only lingerie though, she likely scrapped her knee or something on her way up.

Nearby she can see a dead tree with a whole murder of ravens sitting in it, staring at her as she emerges from the slope. Not far from there is a large monastery-like building surrounded by overgrown fields. There is the rotten remains of some sort of hut not too far away and what appears to have once been a scarecrow.

Shortly thereafter Irena get's up as well and stares at the monastery. "Cool place, too bad they built it in the middle of nowhere." She states as Nadia can feel a raindrop falling on her cheek.

[Wilderness]

The tiefling gives Valente a confused look and as starts to strap on her shoulder bag once again. it was time to get moving. "Right, so what exactly would they do to you if they caught you? Or me for that matter? You obviously seem to know something I don't."

[Cyan Beach]

The dragon gives Damon a confused look. "...is there something I'm not aware of Damon? Have something happened?" The dragon asks, his voice filled with concern.

The pit lord underneath his claw mutters something before trying to struggle it's way out to no avail.