New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Forest's Edge

"Not so smart after all, eh?"

A flick of her wrist and that blasted hellfire whip appears. It's still on low power, so it won't do anything more than first-degree burns, but Connie is trying to twist it around Mimi and pin her arms to her sides and yoink her off of her chest.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Your welcome."

Derek smiles and pats/ruffles Lyanna's hair when she hugs him. While he notices the lack of true happiness in Estia's smile he is glad she is at least prentending to be ok with him. He watches them run off before going to help with the pot of soup.

"So where does one go swimsuit shopping around here."
    As the two of them carry the soup to the tent village, Jezebelle continues the conversation. Well, there was a nice boutique in Riverside. That's where I got my current bathing suit. They had some nice ones for little girls as well. But I haven't been there for a couple years now.

If there's nothing there, maybe you could try Inside City, and I've heard rumors of a seperate Mall place. It's said to have lots of stores inside a giant building.

About halfway there she starts to lower the kettle. Let's rest a moment. It is kinda heavy.

[Forest Lake]

"Sorry to hear that. If you ever make your way into the city you might be surprised though, the people there are nicer, or at least generally more accepting of people different from themselves. Maybe you could find someone there that could help you. A mapmaker or something."
    I've always been worried to go there. Are you sure they won't attack me on sight? She looks off into the distance. And I'm sure I wouldn't want to go alone.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi yelps as the whip pulls her off of Connie. She glares daggers at the demon. "Jerk." She spits. "What a sore loser. Do I have to beat you down again?" She's not lacking in confidence, despite the situation.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

Connie will try to hold Mimi in front of her face, so she can look her in the eyes.

"I am Custodian-of-Screaming-Flames and you will respect me. Or so help me you will never recover."

Connie hes evil in her eyes. She isn't bluffing.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-09-12 at 09:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn>>Tent Village}

Derek nods and sets down the large kettle.

"Sounds good. We can sail in to the city and find a shop there. You sure you are OK with them going with me?"

I mean they had just meet, taking them off the island seems to be a heavy responiblity. Not that Derek doesn't appreciate the trust.

-------------------

Forest Lake

Yeah pretty sure. I have seen a lot stranger things then you there. I am pretty sure I have seen a giant or two in the city as well.

I am heading back there in a bit actually, my Uncle will be expecting me home soonish."

That is almost an invitation. Though Calvin isn't pushing her one way or the other. He doesn't know if she would be better off in the city or not, but maybe she could find a way home.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

Derek nods and sets down the large kettle.

"Sounds good. We can sail in to the city and find a shop there. You sure you are OK with them going with me?"

I mean they had just meet, taking them off the island seems to be a heavy responiblity. Not that Derek doesn't appreciate the trust.
    Well, you don't seem like a pervert to me. And... well... Melody said you were okay. And that's good enough for me. Jezebelle gets a breath, then takes hold of her side of the kettle again, and waits for him.

Forest Lake

Yeah pretty sure. I have seen a lot stranger things then you there. I am pretty sure I have seen a giant or two in the city as well.

I am heading back there in a bit actually, my Uncle will be expecting me home soonish."

That is almost an invitation. Though Calvin isn't pushing her one way or the other. He doesn't know if she would be better off in the city or not, but maybe she could find a way home.
    Hui raises an eyebrow at his. Did you just refer to me as a "thing"? she does not look too happy with this.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Miles from Magcave

"...Right. Of course. Because obviously that's a perfectly sensible thing to do with a goat."

Magtok reluctantly descends, intent on patting the awful thing on the head whilst trying to keep himself and his clothing as far away from the stupid beast as he can. After that, he reaches into his robes for a pair of razor-sharp obsidian shears, hoping the thing's fur isn't completely unstoppable. Laser shears are next, if the previous set is ruined in an instant.

"M'afraid washing the animal isn't on my agenda, ma'am. You're free to do whatever you think you can get away with when I'm done, though. From the looks of things, I won't be taking very long, either."
    Miles from Magcave

The hair, like the rest of Magzy, seems to be impervious to harm from conventional methods. Probably why its grown so long without anything that can break the blasted stuff. The obsidian razorshears aren't damaged by the hair though, it simply can't cut it. Magtok is welcome to try laser shears if he likes.

"Of course, because why should I hope that I could avoid having to bathe the domesticated beast of its filth in addition to acting as Dionysus' errand girl." You know, despite all her complaining, Magzy doesn't actually smell much of anything but a hint of goat. The young yet massive goat headbutts its mother's hand a bit too vigorously, bleating happily as it does.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #788

Miles from Magcave

Laser shears, then! Snip snip snip! Magtok doesn't respond to the whiny goddess. She's a goddess, after all. Her boss is a drunk idiot without any rules to speak of, and this favor is probably more work than she's ever done in years. If anyone's in a position to complain about stuff, it's definitely not her.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi looks at Connie defiantly, then tries to slam her forehead into the demons nose as hard as she can.

At the same time, the pixie puts her hands over the flaming whip. Hopefully this works. Pixie dust sprinkles over it and her with the intent of making its grip very slippery as well as her body and clothes similarly slippery. Should this work, she flaps her wings hard to slip up and out of Connie's grasp.

10. - Top - End - #790

Miles from Magcave

Considering Artemis is the huntress of the pantheon, she's more likely to do hard work than most of the layabouts there. Still, she can't very well rebuke Maggy for his OOC text.

Anyway! Snip snip burn burn, but only barely. The shears meet a lot more resistance than they should, but assuming Maggy's noodly arms can deal with that, there will be a moment when it finally begins to cut through the thick hairs a few at a time.

This could take a while. Maggy sure is going to a lot of trouble just to get these hairs.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #791

Miles from the MagCave

"...Huh. This might actually take a bit longer than anticipated. You think Zeus will notice if I just leave a big ol' bald patch somewhere, and leave the rest of the goat's fur alone?"

Gosh, I hope the answer is 'yes'. One more thing to potentially cheese off the big Z-Man before their epic duel. Anyways, Magtok tries to trim plenty. Enough to make cashmere jumpsuits for three, if that was the sort of thing he intended to do. It might be, seeing as he's saving all the clippings in a big burlap bag.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-09-12 at 10:13 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #792
    Dwarf in the Playground

Derek picks his end back up and continues to carry it.

"Well thanks, I'm glad. I'm sure we will have a good time."

Her trust does seem to mean a lot to him.

--------------------

[Forest Lake]

Calvin frowns and shakes his head.

"No sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I may have implied you are a little strange, but I was referring to things, and people that are stranger and accepted in the city.

Sorry I am not really clear headed right now, didn't get a good night's rest."

He sighs.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #793

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Miles from the MagCave

"...Huh. This might actually take a bit longer than anticipated. You think Zeus will notice if I just leave a big ol' bald patch somewhere, and leave the rest of the goat's fur alone?"

Gosh, I hope the answer is 'yes'. One more thing to potentially cheese off the big Z-Man before their epic duel. Anyways, Magtok tries to trim plenty. Enough to make cashmere jumpsuits for three, if that was the sort of thing he intended to do. It might be, seeing as he's saving all the clippings in a big burlap bag.
    Miles from Magcave

"Depends on how drunk he his. If anyone asks, I'll say Hera tried to shave it bald before giving up halfway through. She's been threatening to do so for a while." Artemis replies offhand, not really all that concerned.

Even with the length of the fur, enough to make that much clothing would mean shaving one side of Magzy's flank bare, and the goat doesn't seem to want to cooperate. It doesn't appear to be afraid of the shears, but it's using ever inch of its considerable bulk to try and snuggle and butt its mother with its large curled horns, even going so far as to rear up and try to grab hold of his robe to yank him down to earth.

14. - Top - End - #794

Miles from Magcave

"Alright, but-Hey, goat. Cut that out. C'mon, hold still. Behave here already, please."

Magtok struggles back just as much, his desire to not be held by the goat almost equal to the dumb animal's own opposite request.

"This is getting a bit annoying. I could probably spray the dumb thing with a hose for you, if you'd finish gathering the hairs and such for me. Dumb animal doesn't seem to want to cooperate."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #795
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Attacked Village- Canyon

"AAH!" The gnome's startled out of the bush, running as fast as he can away from the burning bush. He's abandoned his rifle, and forgotten the silenced pistol slapping against his thigh. He could be caught easily; his legs aren't very long.

The gnome has a big, bulbous nose, large ears and short dirty blonde hair. He's wearing green trousers, a matching shirt and a coat designed for an angler, with patches of different greens, browns and greys. On his feet are green leather hobnailed boots.
    He runs after the gnome drawing his Ax with his other hand and when near enough he will use its blunt part to try and knock him out then bind him with rope he had on his horse.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

16. - Top - End - #796

Miles from Magcave

There's a glint in Artemis' eye, and she draws her bow and knocks a shaft of moonlight on the string in one smooth motion, "Bargain made, bargain struck." Without further warning, she looses the ethereal arrow and it spreads out in a vertical line of harsh silver light that passes along Magzy's flank. It slows significantly when it hits the hairs, but still manages to pass through on its way to the ground.

A few moments later, the hair that it touched falls off of its own accord, landing in a massive pile on the ground and leaving the goat's hair about an inch long along the left side of its body.

"Is that enough? I should probably shave the other side to make it look even." She takes far too much pleasure in knocking another arrow, this time aiming at the side Maggy was attempting to shear instead.

17. - Top - End - #797

Miles from Magcave

"Holy **** ****."

Magtok scrambles the hell out of the way, absolutely certain he doesn't want to have anything to do with those arrows. Too soon to grab a hose though, seeing as that'd wash those valuable goat hairs away.

"Do whatever the hell you want, I've no objections."

Unless they involve shooting him! That's the one thing he doesn't want right now! Please don't do that!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #798
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest's Edge]

Mimi looks at Connie defiantly, then tries to slam her forehead into the demons nose as hard as she can.

At the same time, the pixie puts her hands over the flaming whip. Hopefully this works. Pixie dust sprinkles over it and her with the intent of making its grip very slippery as well as her body and clothes similarly slippery. Should this work, she flaps her wings hard to slip up and out of Connie's grasp.
    Connie's nose is beeped with excessive force and then Mimi slips free of the hellfire whip. Connie (Custodian-of-Screaming-Flames? Meh, "Connie" is simpler) isn't about to let Mimi get away, and tries to wrap the whip back up around her.

Of course, depending on how long that slippery effect lasts, this may be entirely ineffective.

19. - Top - End - #799

Miles from Magcave

Artemis adjusts her aim slightly to account for the way Magzy tries to follow Magtok as he flies away, then looses two more arrows simultaneously. After a moment the goat's entire body has been shaved down to one inch of hair, and Artemis looks very pleased with herself, if a bit tired.

"Affectionate for a bastard child, isn't it? I haven't seen it this happy since it was brought to the mountain for Zeus' inspection." She seems to tolerate Magzy's presence a lot more now that she's had the chance to act out her own fantasies of maiming it.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

It also depends on if Connie can do that when Mimi tries to kick her in the face as she flies up. Connie may manage to grab Mimi again, but she should be able to slip free once more.

Once she does so, the pixie will fly quickly over to where her spear fell and scoops it up. She whirls around to face Connie, ready for her to attack again.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

[Cyan Beach]

"I'm pretty sure I mentioned it to you before, but when I was young my mate and only child were taken from me by a king who believed eating their hearts could cure his ails. He was wrong of course, he would just have gotten ill if he tried to eat them. Heck, in his condition it might just have killed him.

That's not the point though. This man arrange for their deaths and in a single strike I had lost my future and my only mate. Like you I was consumed by anger, I tortured one of the kings agents until he revealed who had sent him. Then I devoured him."
    Vizek explains grimly. "Now, we dragons have an ancient, and I would say, outdated practice when it comes to humans murdering dragons.

They call it drarook, 'the reign of fire' and it consists of killing every human who have the slightest connection to the murderer. Not exactly one of the things that would improve your opinion of us. But in any case, I and great deal of other dragons set out for the king, but when we found him it was already too late. The kingdom had quickly turned against him once they heard we were coming and had killed him, hanging out his body as we came flying. I got enraged of course at the foolish humans who had denied me my revenge.

I demanded justice and the people responded by sending out the kings remaining family, a wife who was far too young for him and a boy who weren't old enough to have their first kiss."
    He continues as they fly, speaking quite loudly to compensate for the wind. "Now, the other dragons knew this was a quite useless gesture, by drarook we would simply burn down the castle and everyone inside it, killing the entire court and probably the kingdom with it.

The family... was just an appetizer."
    The dragon says with a shake of his head. "But I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill them Damon, they might as well have been my own family for winds sake. All that time I had wanted to kill something, taste their blood, hear their wailing cries before I put an end to their miserable lives...

But then I realized that was all useless. Killing them wouldn't solve anything. It would just make more people suffer. So instead I arranged something else. I made myself king over that land, vowing to make something better out of all that suffering. To help the world instead of causing it more of the suffering I myself I had felt.

I'm not sure how much it applies to you but I'm just trying to say that revenge isn't the solution. I don't mind you fighting against the demons but you need to keep in mind that not even they are complete monsters. Not all of them at least."
    "I'm not looking for a ssolution, Vizek. There iss no ssolution. All I have iss the perssona of Darrel to hide behind. Your sstory changess nothing. Now come on, let'ss get to thiss place you mentioned."" Damon falls silent, reluctant to talk any more for the rest of the journey back.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

Connie is kicked in the face, tries to grab Mimi again and fails, and is now looking face-to-face with her and her little spear.

She swings her whip again, trying to knock the spear out of Mimi's hands and up into the air.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

That little spear sure is sharp, though. Mimi wrenches her spear out of the way and flies upward a bit. Then she shoots forward while the whip is still extended. If she can get close, she's jab hard at Connie's sternum with the butt end of her spear.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

The whip is fast, but not so fast that it can stop Mimi. There is a crack, and Connie lets the whip disperse so that she can try to grab Mimi with her own hands.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village- Canyon

The gnome is bashed on the head by the axe, and is completely unresponsive to be tied up easily. He may be out for a while, if Esruc is planning on questioning him. If he's planning to leave him tied up in the copse, then that doesn't matter too much.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Connie gets a hold of one of Mimi's arm, but she just lets go of her spear with her free arm and pushes herself forward to she can aim a punch at the demon's throat.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

Jeanne, still in her Honey Bunny appearance, arrives here as instructed to meet Paris.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #808
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

Gack-

Connie tries to fall onto Mimi, since she doesn't really need to breathe. The punch still hurts, but she's used to ignoring pain. She just needs to pin the stupid fairy to the ground...

29. - Top - End - #809

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Miles from Magcave

Artemis adjusts her aim slightly to account for the way Magzy tries to follow Magtok as he flies away, then looses two more arrows simultaneously. After a moment the goat's entire body has been shaved down to one inch of hair, and Artemis looks very pleased with herself, if a bit tired.

"Affectionate for a bastard child, isn't it? I haven't seen it this happy since it was brought to the mountain for Zeus' inspection." She seems to tolerate Magzy's presence a lot more now that she's had the chance to act out her own fantasies of maiming it.
    Miles from Magcave

"Yes, well...that's what you get when you get your brains from Zeus's side of things. No means by which to grasp the fact that people might not actually like it as much as expected. Too stupid to live, too magic to die."

Magtok gets to hair-gathering, followed by goat-hosing. It's not the sort of work he's very fond of doing.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #810

Miles from Magcave

"Unless I'm mistaken, this little abomination is your brainchild. It might take after its mother more than you think." Fur-gathering and goat-hosing can't be a job many people are fond of, but he did make a deal with the (apparently lazy) goddess, and she seems quite happy with not having to do it herself. Maybe that can be enough of a reward for Magtok, making someone else happy.

Even if it isn't, Artemis will hang around and wait for Magtok to finish so that she can begin hauling the damp, shorthaired, moose-sized goat back away to where it belongs.

Assuming the cyborg has no further snappy comments or witty reparte he wants to inflict on her.