New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Melody's Island]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek rows his boat up and onto shore. He hops out to greet the girls.

"Hi there, ready to go shopping?"

He will offer them each a hand up into the boat.
    Estia holds back and lets Lyanna go first. As Derek helps the little one in, Estia stands behind her, ready to help if needed.

Thanks. Lyanna says happily, stepping in and looking around for a place to sit. She looks confused.

Estia, when offered help in, isn't shy about accepting the offered hand. Thank you. she says, trying to sound like a proper adult. She finds herself a seat and waits for Derek to help Lyanna.

[Forest Lake]

"If you are. It won't be that bad, any mobs that come after you will have to go through me first."

He gives what he hopes reassuring grin as he starts to walk towards the city.
    Hui walks behind, slowly. Is it far? she asks.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Melody's Island>>Lost Wave]

"Why don't you grab a seat on the middle bench there Lyanna."

Derek says pointing, holding the boat steady till everyone is seated. Then he pushes off and gets a spot for himself rowing them out to The Lost Wave.

"Do either of you girls get sea sick?"

He asks as he rows them out.

------------------------------------

[Forest Lake>>City]

"Not to far, an hour or two by foot. I'm sure the time will just fly by."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

"Why don't you grab a seat on the middle bench there Lyanna."

Derek says pointing, holding the boat steady till everyone is seated. Then he pushes off and gets a spot for himself rowing them out to The Lost Wave.

"Do either of you girls get sea sick?"

He asks as he rows them out.
    Lyanna shakes her head no, then turns around to watch where they are going. Is that your boat?! she asks excitedly.

Estia also shakes her head no. I'm not. Poppa used to take me out on his boat all the time. He even showed me how to swim. I don't know what Momma is talking about.

[Forest Lake>>City]

"Not to far, an hour or two by foot. I'm sure the time will just fly by."
    An hour or two? You don't know? Trudge, trudge, trudge.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah that is my boat, The Lost Wave. Just let me know if either of you start to feel sick, I know a couple of tricks to help out with it."

He smiles at both of them as they get closer to the ladder to climb up onto the boat.

---------------

[Forest>>City]

"We will make it a few hours before sun down. I didn't bring a watch with me."

You would think that in all those little pouches he is carrying he would have been a bit more prepared for a trek in the woods.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-09-14 at 09:42 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Halfling in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

As Mimi turns around, she'll be greeted by a rather...unfortunate sight, shall we say?

While she's been busy stabbing and biting and raging in a way that'd put most barbarians to shame, a little rabbit has hopped out of its hole and has been steadily munching on things.

It's now standing right in front of that lovely flower Mimi desires.

Sniff sniff.

Nom.

Oh dear.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Flower... rabbit... eating...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" Mimi screams and raises her spear. She shoots toward the rabbit at high speeds and tries to lodge the weapon in its throat.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest's Edge

THE LADY IS COMING FOR HER!

Connie, hearing the scream, curls up in a fetal position. He form changes drastically, her wings become ragged, her tail looks like it was cut off... her body suddenly looks emaciated, bald, and clad only in rags.

...I think she might have some issues.

8. - Top - End - #848

[Forest's Edge]

There is a raging pixie charging the rabbit with a spear.

By and large, rabbits are rather stupid creatures. Sometimes they're too stupid to even run when something big and scary comes along to eat them.

Mimi is not big.

Mimi is the scariest damn thing this rabbit has ever seen. Even it is not stupid enough to stay put.

The rabbit turns and runs as fast as it damn well can, bolting straight towards its hole. Perhaps it foolishly thinks its home will provide it safety from the terrifying pixie.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Oh no you don't! Mimi flies right after it. She's fast, but the bolting rabbit can probably get down it's hole. The pixie just flies right down after it and will try and continue her attack there.

10. - Top - End - #850

[Forest's Edge]

Rabbit hole! Yay! Safety! The rabbit totally thing it's going to live!

Mimi's pursuit of the rabbit down the hole takes it completely by surprise (not very hard) and all it can do is flail around pathetically as the mad pixie stabs it dead.

Poor rabbit.

But at least it got to have one last tasty dinner before passing on to bunny heaven, right?

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest's Edge]

Mimi drags the rabbit from the hole, only using minimal pixie dust to lighten the load. Once she's out in the open again, she flops on the ground, leaning against her new prize. She needs to rest for a bit... She may not be moving for a while.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Mana Gathering

The sparrow don't need to fly very far as a group of about twenty ogres all armed with large clubs are approaching. The others should see them shortly afterwards, not giving Kuko's bird enough time to warn them beforehand.

"Oh, excellent. They could help us set up this thing." Jallyn says with a grin as she looks up from her work with the thingmajjober.

The ogres don't look very helpful however, rather the opposite in fact.
    "Orges, friends of yours Jakus?" he says in an amused tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Attacked Village- Canyon

How'd he get the gnome down the cliff into the canyon, or the horse up the cliff into the copse on the cliff's rim? It's possible, but I'd still like a description of how it's done.
    I should really be more descriptive in my posts, I'm sorry. Anyway you said the way up isn't too high so I thought it wouldn't be a problem to strap the dwarf on and go down or carry him under one arm, jump down then stab his sword on the canyon wall to slow down the fall. Black blades won't even get nicked from that. Either of those two are options, but if you really think it impossible then I'll edit the action my character took.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

13. - Top - End - #853
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mana Gathering

Kuko shifts backwards and clutches his pan-flute tightly. His sparrow returns to him and flies in a circle overhead, aware of it's master's anxiousness. "We may need to set the equipment up elsewhere," he suggests.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-09-16 at 09:58 AM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #854
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village- Canyon

I think the jumping down with the sword slowing the descent is cool enough to work. Also, he's a gnome, not a dwarf- no beard, and a larger nose.

Anyway, the gnome is now tied behind the horse and in the canyon. The canyon forks; one branch heads left, the other right. The floor is stone, and much travelled; it's hard to determine which direction the slavers went in, and they cannot be seen from where Esruc stands. The gnome might know, but he's still unconscious.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah that is my boat, The Lost Wave. Just let me know if either of you start to feel sick, I know a couple of tricks to help out with it."

He smiles at both of them as they get closer to the ladder to climb up onto the boat.
    Lyanna nods, but keeps watching them get closer and closer to The Lost Wave. Why'd you call it that? Did you forget to say goodbye to someone close?

Estia remains quiet, but she does roll her eyes.

Neither of them seem to be getting sea sick.

[Forest>>City]

"We will make it a few hours before sun down. I didn't bring a watch with me."

You would think that in all those little pouches he is carrying he would have been a bit more prepared for a trek in the woods.
    Miss Grunchlyn follows along, silently.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

"A friend of mine named her actually, because I can't find my way back home. So I sail around a lot. I get to meet a lot of nice people that way."

He smiles as he maneuvers up to the ladder and ties the boat up quickly. He climbs up first then turns to offer the girls a hand up if they want it.

------------------------------

[To the City]

In which case look for a post Inside soon.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #857
    Pixie in the Playground

[Attacked Village- Canyon]

Thinking that the gnome might know which way to go, he decides to wake him up. Getting some water from his horse, he pours some on the gnome's face while slapping him to try and wake him. If that doesn't work, Esruc will get a little more creative. Like using Hallapeno spices in places you do not want to know."Wake up!"
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

18. - Top - End - #858
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village- Canyon

Fortunately for the gnome, the water and slapping works. After gasping in shock, he looks around and glowers at Esruc. He doesn't say anything, not yet anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

"A friend of mine named her actually, because I can't find my way back home. So I sail around a lot. I get to meet a lot of nice people that way."

He smiles as he maneuvers up to the ladder and ties the boat up quickly. He climbs up first then turns to offer the girls a hand up if they want it.
    Have you met any pirates? Lyanna asks, as she takes his hand up.

No stupid. they'd have killed him, if he had. Estia says below her.

I'm not stupid! Lyanna glares down at her.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

He helps pull Lyanna up.

"I lost my first ship to pirates. And they almost did kill me."

He turns back to face Estia and to see if she wants help up.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

He helps pull Lyanna up.

"I lost my first ship to pirates. And they almost did kill me."

He turns back to face Estia and to see if she wants help up.
    See. Lyanna sticks her tongue out at Estia, who just glares up at her in return.

Estia takes Derek's hand and is lifted into the ship as well. Thank you.

Tell us about the pirates! Did they have parrots and wooden legs? Lyanna rushes to find a seat nearby and sits down. She's bouncy and full of energy.

Estia takes a seat away from her sister, as if the bouncy energy may be contagious.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

You can never be to careful with bouncy energy, this is the lesson Flubber taught us.

Derek sets about the boat getting the digny up and attached to the boat, and getting the boat underway and out to sea.

"No I didn't see any parrorts or peg legs. These weren't very picturesque pirates. Very dirty, very smelly, and very mean. I did my best to avoid them and got away from them as soon as possible. Something I suggest you do as well if you ever run into any pirates."

He doesn't like talking about his time captured by pirates, essecially not with little girls. A little bit of the pain he remembers can be heard in his voice if you are good at picking up things like that. Hopefully he hides it well enough so Lyanna doesn't pick up on it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside: Lake Lazuli

The operation was going well. The giant hellish drill was set up. It was to start drilling very soon. Guards were situated around the area, And the lake had been drained by the Serpentine Acolytes. Business was booming. Construction workers, cultists, and scientists were all working together to create one of the greatest technological operations ever ordered by Marciano Louv're. The drill was set in it's huge tower. It was all going according to plan. The drilling was to commence in twenty minutes. Then, history was to be made! Marciano's Project was far ahead of Executive Pay's progress. Pay was always cautious and careful, while Marciano was loud, sloppy, and rushed. However, Marciano had actually done something. Pay had her own agenda. Angelina Pay was going to take the long way of progress. Marciano wanted everything now.

The Grandfather was up on the tower with some cultists. They were finishing enchanting the Anti-Hellfire Diamond tip that would pierce Hell, then, the cultists would draw the spirits from the ground with the use of the giant pipes blasting into the ground. Mr. Brant was bumbling about, finishing the preparations for Launch. Everything was going great...He still couldn't believe how he'd gotten this job though. Marciano had done all of this work...Mr. Brant was afraid of the consequences of failure. He spoke out. Alright! Everyone, places! The Drilling is ready! Five minutes! Soon, everyone's in [place. Mr. Brant speaks out with his microphone. Alright! Five seconds to launch! Mr. Drew, at the count of 5, press the activation and lets get drilling! So, the countdown began. 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! GO! Then, a huge sound is heard. The giant magical dome covering the place begins to make the place turn invisible. No one would see or hear this operation...Ten hours later, the drill broke into Hell.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Mana Gathering

The sparrow don't need to fly very far as a group of about twenty ogres all armed with large clubs are approaching. The others should see them shortly afterwards, not giving Kuko's bird enough time to warn them beforehand.

"Oh, excellent. They could help us set up this thing." Jallyn says with a grin as she looks up from her work with the thingmajjober.

The ogres don't look very helpful however, rather the opposite in fact.
    [Mana Gathering]

"Get behind me so that you're not in the way if they attack," Jakus says, readying his maul. If they get too close, he'll be ready to break some faces.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Lazuli]

If you took a list of Marciano's stupid ideas and listed them all from least stupid up to most stupid... well, it's be a pretty gorram long list. Legions of court scribes would have to labor for decades under the lash of whips and the pain of death to even begin to scratch one out. The Great Wall, the Pyramids, the Hanging Gardens, the Colossus of Rhodes, each of these great structures would pale in comparison to such a list. It would be a true marvel of human engineering and accomplishment, a list to populate the great myths and legends birthed from our time, a list to be sung of and worshiped, a list to be feared.

Sadly, such a list does not exist, and may, in fact, never exist. But if it did, drilling into mother****ing HELL would probably be the capstone of such a list.

At first the results of such a feat would seem slightly disappointing. A small, whimpering sput of air, slowly hissing out of the hole like dry air out of a particularly decrepit balloon, bringing with it an overpowering odor of sulfur and sex. And then nothing. And then the noise.

The hole begins to glow with fierce white light, bringing with it the hellish screams of pain and torment, the crumbling roar of splitting earth, the terrible echoing growl of the wrathful lion amplified across a dozen universes, the unrelenting beat of a thousand drums, the crash of waves against jagged rocks, the howling of slavering, starving wolves, the blazing crackle of a billion forest fires, the piercing cry of a trillion hunting eagles, and somewhere, buried under all that, the timid, terrified squeak of a mouse who has just spotted a rather large shadow swooping over it.

The ground rumbles, and the hole begins to spew fire and lava, scorching missiles of heat and destruction which might ruin the days of anyone standing too close to the giant hole into the gorram Nine Hells. Thirteen great bolts of fire leap forth, each one exploding in glorious ecstasy into the massive gleaming form of a great bronze galleon, soaring through the sky on sails of woven gold, and jet engines run on souls and Hellfire. At the prow of one such galleon stands the noble form of General Percival Heatherington-Smythe Cumberbatch the Fifth, looking mighty fine in his crisp black uniform and tall peaked hat with a skull on it. Behind him the forces of the First and Sixth circles of Hell stand in wait.

General Percival Heatherington-Smythe Cumberbatch the Fifth eyes the scene, the tips of his great bushy mustache quivering slightly as he runs his gaze across the great tower holding the drill. Slowly, ponderously, he reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small golden pocket watch, taking note of the time, then turns to his three aides.

"Lieutenant* Wynneth, please inform General Elshika of the Sixth that she may begin the assault as soon as she wishes. Lieutenant Luxora, signal the Commanders of the fleet to bring their boats about and lay cannonfire down on that tower. Sky-Skiffs and flying Clockworks to provide air defense if necessary. Lieutenant Yulia?"
    General Percival Heatherington-Smythe Cumberbatch the Fifth pauses for a moment, stroking his mustache contemplatively with his gloved fingers.
    "Release the Hericlax."

(*Pronounced left-tenant, for Americans and others of ill-breeding.)
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-09-18 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #866

[Lake Lazuli]

On would think that between the draining of a lake, the transportation of untold people and materials, and the construction of a huge tower that a dome of silence and invisibility to try to hide it after the fact would be somewhat silly.

Obviously such an operation would be spied by the MagSat at the very least. Though whether or not Magtok would feel inclined to do anything with this information is another question completely.

But aside from the cyborg overlord?

Well.

Plenty of people are always lurking about waiting for a sign of another crazy venture. Another insane attempt to 'Take over the world!' or some such. In this case the lurking individual is a girl in a rather unnerving looking patchwork coat, a hood reminiscent of a beaked carrion bird extending past her face and leaving her features shadowed.

For the time being?

She's simply sitting on a rock outcrop some distance away.

Watching.

Waiting.

For what?

Only time will tell.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

Lazuli Lake

General Elshika wastes no time. As the explosion fades, she orders her spellcasters to begin. Glowing ladders materialize all around the hole, and the armies of Hell begin climbing them as if they were attacking a castle. Except with air support.

That's always nice.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Lazuli]

A swirling cloud of red dust swoops down from the sky and hovers near the girl on the rock, twisting and writhing every which way.

"Waiting for the good part?" It hisses out, its voices oily and sinister. Not that it particularly needs an answer from MHF. The good part was the only reason to be here today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lazuli Lake

In the 6th circle of hell, war is a big deal. It is The Big Deal, in fact. Lots of devils want to make their marks on it, something that will be remembered forever.

One in particular has succeeded. It may not be the most amazing tactition, the most ruthless general, but all who know what it is want to know where it is at all times.

The Hericlax.

No one knows where it came from. No one knows whose side it's on. No one knows what it really wants. No one knows why it sings.

Isn't it rich?
    Are we a pair?
    Me here at last on the ground,
    You in mid-air.
    Send in the clowns.

A single tentacle, a black that pulls in light, segmented armor, with a sharp drill tip on the end, emerges from the ground, a good ways away from the tower.

Isn't it bliss?
    Don't you approve?
    One who keeps tearing around,
    One who can't move.
    Where are the clowns?
    Send in the clowns.

Three more tentacles come up. Each one is easily a hundred meters tall. The ground is rumbling, a deep doom, that makes most mortal hearts tremble in fear.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
    Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
    Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
    Sure of my lines,
    No one is there.

More of the great tentacles breach the ground, forming the points on a nine-pointed star.

Don't you love farce?
    My fault I fear.
    I thought that you'd want what I want.
    Sorry, my dear.
    But where are the clowns?
    Quick, send in the clowns.

A great body, like the body of a squid, emerges from the ground next to the drill. It is made out of the same black, unforgiving substance. Nine eyes, huge, stare out of it: solid burning balls of doom.

Don't bother, they're here.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-09-18 at 06:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #870

[Lake Lazuli]

"There is no part of this that will be good," Raven replies to the swoopy red dust, her tone as dark and cold as the Styx. Her attention never pulls away from the empty patch of air above an equally empty lake in the distance. "It is my hope that my services will not be required here. We shall see."

Raven figures the big swarm of devils will probably be able to handle things.

Big swarms of devils are fairly decent at that sort of endeavor after all.

I mean...

Seriously?

Digging into hell?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.