New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

{The Lost Wave}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek blinks and looks around to make sure no ghostly apparitions have appeared on his ship.

"Well they didn't seem lost, they were with their mother."

He frowns a bit, making sure he is ready to turn the ship about and make a run for it. He hopes whoever was speaking can hear him.
    That woman lies. She and that rat of a cat murdered my son, and took Estia and Lyanna from us. Pleease, bring them home safely.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lost Wave]

"I will return them to their home, and their mother safely. If you are the one controling the weather I would ask that you stop, for their saftey."

Noah thinks he might just have to cancel the shopping trip. If he manages to get away from this island he wants the girls safely back home.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave}

I would rather see them drowned, then returned to that witch. The waters start to get rough again, sloshing the boat from side to side. Not too much, just a show of power. Bring them to me, or pay the consequences!

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ancient Forest]

Jacob is quickly on the ground as well, working a quick charm to be sure of WATCH's safety before the battle starts. All allies within Jacob's sight (meaning everyone but Damon, if I'm interpreting these posts correctly) may notice a soft alabaster shield forming around them. Not the strongest thing ever, but it would almost certainly take a few blows from a typical sword before shattering.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek turns his ship away at this point, done talking. He is going to head back to Melody's Island. He figures if he can get away from the island he can get away from it's power. He starts to chant quietly to quiet the weather, hoping his magic can fight whoever this is.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

There are a number of closed glass windows just below the room which Damon could crash to get into the tower. There don't seem to be any other entrances however.
    If he looks inside he might see a great deal of (non-demonic) ravens and carrier pigeons sitting perched on seats in a gigantic cage just inside.

Meanwhile the green dragon stands ready to take to the air once the demons starts to emerge from the tower.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

[Searching]

Reinholdt continues his search for the smurf village. Having no success so far, he fears he may have to turn to drastic, deplorable actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #968

Lake Crater -> Woods

Sniff. Sniff sniff. "Do you smell something? I think I smell something." Smells like... Burning flesh!

((Sorry this took so long, my day's been hectic to say the least.))
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside

Not finding anything, Reinholdt has no choice but to resort to desperate measures. Vile, despicable, deplorable, outright evil measures.

Reinholdt heads off...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Since everyone is in position, Wenomir waves his hand to Damon in order to signal him to start the attack.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Time for action!

Damon has no desire to actually go into the tower himself. He very much prefers to stay out here on top where it would seem to be comparatively safe.

So! Plan!

Namely, coating his sword in fire, using the sword to smash through a window, and then spreading the fire from the sword into the tower. Assuming all goes to plan, the tower will soon have an inferno of darkness descending from above.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

The trees stretch out in every direction swaying and creaking in the wind. Insects drone in innumerable swarms, filling the air with the buzz of membranous wings. Hidden away in the canopy or the tick weeds that choke the forest floor the multifaceted eyes observe and watch and wait. Clacks of mandibles, the babble of the streams, the groaning of the trees, the scraping of branches.

It gives the whole place an eerie sort of heartbeat.

As though the whole forest is some vast, hungry creature waiting to devour anything that strays into it.

And lost in the midst of it are Becca and Glamdring.

The Eeeve's steps are measured and carefully chosen, his posture alert and his hackles raised. "There is something unnatural about this place, Master Becca," he practically hisses. "We should have traversed this forest by now."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #973

[Ancient Forest]

Hildur unsheathed her knife as she takes her position, and also changes the Gossamer of her glove to cover more of her body.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Lake Crater -> Woods

Sniff. Sniff sniff. "Do you smell something? I think I smell something." Smells like... Burning flesh!

((Sorry this took so long, my day's been hectic to say the least.))
    [Woods]
    Oooh, meat!
    She heads toward the smell, hoping it's something to devour all brutal-like. Y'know, ARARAAARRRRRRARRRNOMMMARARR.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

"You worry too much." The young girl following along behind Glamdring says dismissively. "It's probably just bigger than we thought. Besides, it's a good chance for some training too." She's a bit worried about Phanish. He was poisoned earlier, but he's mostly alright now since she came across a berry that got rid of that.

16. - Top - End - #976

[Viridian Forest]

Glamdring mutters something in that weird alien moon-language of his as he stalks around the trunk of a rather sizable tree. Beyond a small creek winds its way through the forest at the bottom of a gulley. A rickety old wooden bridge spans the divide.

And in the middle of the bridge?

Stands some kid in short shorts wearing a safari pith!

As soon as he spots Becca he points a finger at her!

"Ha! No crossing this bridge until you beat my elite team of Metapods and Kakunas!"

Glamdring's ears droop, an exasperated look on his face. "I hope he isn't serious..."

17. - Top - End - #977

Woods

Following their noses on the trail of the delicious, barbecue-y smell will lead the trolls to a small clearing left by what looks to have been some sort of localized wildfire. All the trees have been burnt down to hollow shells and the grass reduced to a thick carpet of ash crunching underfoot, a few embers still glowing amidst it all.

The sole living occupants of the clearing are two stripy old lizards sitting in the center of it, rolling contently in the ashes and letting out belches of smoke now and then. They look almost like dragons, with horns jutting from their skulls and colorful crests on their foreheads, but much less impressive, all fat and sluggish and wingless, bellies dragging on the ground.

And the source of the delicious aroma our two intrepid alien explorers were lured here by? A huge elk, nearly twice the size of the lizards, fried up to a golden crisp with huge bites chomped out of it's belly and legs.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

"Argh! Why the heck are there so many of you people here?!" Becca shouts in frustration. How many have they been forced to fight already? "Ugh, I guess you can turn into Flareon and wipe him out pretty quick." She says to Glamdring.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Derek turns his ship away at this point, done talking. He is going to head back to Melody's Island. He figures if he can get away from the island he can get away from it's power. He starts to chant quietly to quiet the weather, hoping his magic can fight whoever this is.
    The wind calms, as does the sea, though it remains slightly choppy and hard to maneuver in. And then it's not. You dare defy me!! he rants incredulously.

Nothing further happens with the waves or wind.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

"Absolutely."

Derek says simply keeping his heading pointing towards Melody's Island to get away from the crazy voice floating through the air. He hopes it's bark is worse then it's bite.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #981

[Viridian Forest]

Probably quite a few.

Heaven knows why so many of these annoying Bug Catchers are lurking about around here. And equally mysterious is their overwhelming desire to harass everyone who happens by.

Glamdring grins a rather wicked grin.

"I believe I have a better idea, Master Becca."

The Bug-Catcher is starting to reach for a pokeball when the Eevee steps forward and-

"GRAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Roars a ground-shaking Roar at the poor kid!

The lad back-peddles, slamming into the rail of the bridge before losing his balance and tumbling right over the edge into the creek below. Now soggy and disgruntled at both Becca and Glamdring he shakes a fist at them.

"Hey! That wasn't fair!"

Glamdring gives an amused, "Hmph!" before trotting across the bridge unopposed.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

Becca just laughs at the boy and sticks her tongue out at him as they walk by. "Hah, that was great, Glamdring. Maybe we'll actually get outta here without dealing with too many of those wimps."

23. - Top - End - #983
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viridian Forest

A Mawile steps onto the bridge from the other end. She notices Decca and her Eeve, but pays them no mind. Just crossing the bridge, stopping to enjoy the view.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

"Absolutely."

Derek says simply keeping his heading pointing towards Melody's Island to get away from the crazy voice floating through the air. He hopes it's bark is worse then it's bite.
    Seems like it. The Lost Wave is currently getting away, not even a strong breeze to blow them off course again.

25. - Top - End - #985

[Viridian Forest]

"We have encountered few with any real strength of spirit," the Eevee comments. He doesn't even spare a glance at the splashing Bug Catcher. "Many unwilling to commit to the sacrifices required for greatness."

It's a wild pokemon!

Weird that the critter is wandering around out of the brush, right? The Eevee gives it a measured look. "This is not a species you have encountered yet, correct Master Becca?"

Y'know what that means?

Time to get some empty pokeballs!

Get a new team member!

And give it a silly name!

26. - Top - End - #986
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Once they are away from the weird island he heads down below deck to see how the girls are.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viridian Forest]

"Whoa!" Becca's eyes light up. "No, I have no idea what it is." She whips her bag off and digs through it at all haste. She eventually whips her pokedex out and points it at the Mawile.

Mawile, the Deceiver Pokémon. Mawhile's huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed. Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, Mawhile chomps it with its gaping jaws.

"Sounds awesome. Okay, Glamdring, you know what to do. It looks Normal or Dark or something, but the dex said something about Steel, so try Fighting."

28. - Top - End - #988

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Ancient Forest]

Time for action!

Damon has no desire to actually go into the tower himself. He very much prefers to stay out here on top where it would seem to be comparatively safe.

So! Plan!

Namely, coating his sword in fire, using the sword to smash through a window, and then spreading the fire from the sword into the tower. Assuming all goes to plan, the tower will soon have an inferno of darkness descending from above.
    [Ancient Forest]

As soon as Damon smashes the window the birds in the cage panics and starts to trash against the bars of their cages frantically while the zern climbs into the room.

The fire doesn't exactly do anything to calm them down either as it starts to spread across the room. As most of the room have caught fire he can hear sounds from downstairs that suggests that the towers inhabitants are now aware of him.

Outside the tower Wenomir and company should be able to see smoke rising from it and a figure opening the door of the tower. It should be noted that if they should attack, they probably have to signal Vizek who's hiding within the forest a distance away. A dragon of his size do have a few problems with stealth after all.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viridian Forest

The Mawile hears the distinctive sound of the pokedex, and looks at Becca. Oh, my... she's got that look in her eye. Well, she needed the exercise, anyway.

The Mawile does some stretches. Who knows, this might even be a challenge.

30. - Top - End - #990

[Viridian Forest]

"As you wish, Master Becca," the Eevee replies. He then strikes a low stance and-! "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

A dull reddish brown aura begins to thrum around the pokemon moments before he's consumed in a flash of white light!

"EON!"

Eevee has evolved into Champeon!

The steel gray and tan dog-like pokemon stands in a ready stance, bandages wrapped around his lower legs and a red bandana around his head. Where did he even get those?

Ears and tail are bobbed short and a small scar runs along his cheek.

Certainly looks like a fighter full of fierce resolve and grim determination!