New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Viridian Forest

Mawile isn't flailing. Her arms are crossed. She is going "Maw maw wile" and so on and so forth, though.

"<You turned into a Flareon, and while you are a creative fighter you did use some moves I know. There are also Vaporeons, Jolteons, Umberons, and other evolutions, aren't there? The one that you started with... fighting type, isn't it? scientists have hypothesized other types of Eevee evolutions existing. Those connections alone make the similarities more than superficial.>"

"<And as for things that make no sense, when I got here I was hungry and went about getting some fruit, okay? The tree itself turned around and told me to be careful. THE TREE told me to be careful. Not a pseudowoodo, it was definitely a tree. I can't help but wonder if maybe sense doesn't really apply around here.>"

A Forest Near Watchtower

"...Okay."

Wow. Nothing to work with. Is she still new to this brother thing?

"So, where are you going?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Viridian Forest]

The giant spider gets clobbered! By now the monster is swaying slightly, looking rather out of it. Now would probably be a good time to throw some balls at it!

But first!

STRING SHOT!

...but the attack misses.

Glamdring is still pretty much oblivious to the fight. "The seventeen Aeons of the Eevee. Usually once we've grown into an Aeon we remain in it all our lives. Though about a tenth of the population can shift at will," a dark expression crosses his face. "All children with this ability are demanded as tribute to the Human Empire. I've been a slave most of my life playing in their demented games."

Well!

That sure is uplifting.

"When I first arrived here I assumed this was some sort of testing ground where humans were trying to reduce the intelligence of their slaves. But the longer I'm here..."
    he peers over at Becca.

She's probably the least nefarious human he's ever met.

"The more I'm doubting that explanation. Master Becca seems to be as clueless about this as everyone else."
    [Viridian Forest]

Becca debates whether to catch it or not. She's planning on catching a better one of the same pokemon, but maybe it'd be a good idea to catch him anyway. Making her decision, Becca pulls out a pokeball. "Watch out, Phanish." She whips the ball at the Ariados.

[A Forest Near Watchtower]

"Nowhere really. Bark just wanted to go walking in the woods, so here we are, walking through the woods. I wanted to explore the city some more, but I guess he should get to pick what we do sometimes." Aeia says with a shrug.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

Riss' toes curled and the muse tried to squirm away from the tickling but likely with rather limited success. "Well if we had something solid to contain a mass of air... I don't think there are any sheets of platstic for us to trap air in... Misha? Do you have anything that might be useful? Like a bowl or vase maybe? It might take a bit but if we can find a spot where air could be collected near the ceiling of that area, then we could then use the container to transport her below... Though I would like to make sure that the water pressure wouldn't just force the air to compress too much. Depending on just how those antenna work, it might be a bit of a shock." the muse said as she tried thinking what could potentially be at hand.

A few moments of thought later, though, she realized she was likely just overcomplicating things. "Or... If you just have a clear bottle with a cork or something.. That could work if you don't mind the visual pun."
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-10-18 at 12:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Cabin in the Woods

"Why d'ya have to live out in the middle of nowhere anyhow? It took for-frikkin-ever to get here y'know!" Day calls back, pushing open the door and wandering inside, gray little eyes scanning the room.
    A tiefling girl is standing there in a lab-coat, grinning.

Scary research.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #1144

Cabin in the Woods

As Day enters the cabin, a man wearing a brown jumpsuit, wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back heads over to the cabin.

"Hey, is this the place for the ghost study?"

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Nope.
    But now he is! Super aimed shot at the head right between the squishy eyes!
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    As the tentacle wraps tighter and tighter around his leg he stretches for the crossbow he had dropped which lays near him. He manages to grab it just before the creature yanks him away from the rope he was holding onto. He starts getting pulled across the deck. He takes aim with the crossbow shooting at the tentacle holding him.
    Derek shoots the tentacle successfully, which recoils and lets him go. It raises up, threatening to smash down upon him hard, when *BOOM* a rifle shot is fired.

The monster is not dead, however. It looks up at its new enemy, and lets go of the ship to swat at the flying pink pest.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #1146

Misha's Pool

Misha lets the blade of grass drop when Riss starts squirming away, not really intent on tormenting her with it with the puzzle of getting Mimi down there somehow.

"Well, I've got a glass bottle down there with the rest of my treasures, but it's broken. I think I've got a solution though. I can't really bring an air bubble down there because it's too delicate and there'd be too much pressure, but I can lower the water in one spot and move that water elsewhere until there's kind of a column thing where she could fly down and see. I've done the same thing before at a beach once, and this would be a lot less water moved than I did there. Still might tire me out for a while if I'm not careful."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

Mimi fidgets a little bit when putting her in a bottle is mentioned. That's a kind of a tight space. =x She likes this new tunnel of water idea better. "Yeah, that sounds good. Then I can move around some too." She agrees readily.

8. - Top - End - #1148

[Misha's Pool]

"Well, that sounds better than what I was thinking... Wait, beach? One of the really large shores, right?" Riss' attention was breifly captured by the thought of actually seeing what a massive expanse of ocean looked like but quickly returned to the topic at hand. "Well, if it sounds like something that you'd prefer then I guess that's our best option. Just be careful, alright?" It's not that I don't trust either of you but I can't quite get the image of something going wrong out of my head..

With nothing to do on her end, once Misha and Mimi started, the muse would just roll up the legs of her pants and let her feet soak in the edge of the pool. Part of it would be getting used to the temperature and part of it was because she was curious as to how the mass of water would be shifted about... And part of it was because it was kind of enjoyable as well.

9. - Top - End - #1149

Cabin in the Woods

"Oh yeah. How scary? Campfires and marshmallows scary? Bet it is. Bet it ain't really really scary." Folding his arms against his chest, Daedalus meets the tiefling's gaze and returns her smile in a grin of defiance, an obvious challenge.

Outside the Cabin in the Woods

Buster might well get a nasty shock when he sees just who else's showed up for this little scientific bash. See, Day might not be a very cautious person, but he's got enough sense not to wander out to the middle of nowhere to meet an unknown, possibly dangerous quantity without bringing a little muscle along for back-up. Or rather, a lot of muscle, personified in the scaly, mountainous bulk of the one and only Hydratroll, looming menacingly over the humble woodland hut.

But Buster's lucky enough to have an invite, so instead of tearing him limb from limb, Markus will simply nod in answer to his question and return to keeping watch.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Ok, unspecies but very large. Nonhostile at the moment, so Rookie goes carefully over to the door to knock on it, keeping an eye on the Hydratroll.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lost Wave]

Pfft. Like anybody with flight capabilities would ever get hit by something so...
    *WHACK*
    Of course, when the person you're talking about actually purposefully flies lower just to be in range to be attacked so he can show off his incredible dodging skills, only to epic fail at them, it's another story. Hell, Reinholdt probably wanted to get whacked.

Reinholdt reels about for a bit, spinning somewhat in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1152

The Destroyed City

Zero and Valaria should arrive in the bombed out ruins of a big city. There is evidence of a recent battle. Massive craters and large holes in the sides of buildings that appear to have been created more recently then the rest of the destruction.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-10-19 at 02:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Cabin in the Woods

As Day enters the cabin, a man wearing a brown jumpsuit, wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back heads over to the cabin.

"Hey, is this the place for the ghost study?"
    Cabin in the Woods

"Oh yeah. How scary? Campfires and marshmallows scary? Bet it is. Bet it ain't really really scary." Folding his arms against his chest, Daedalus meets the tiefling's gaze and returns her smile in a grin of defiance, an obvious challenge.

Buster might well get a nasty shock when he sees just who else's showed up for this little scientific bash. See, Day might not be a very cautious person, but he's got enough sense not to wander out to the middle of nowhere to meet an unknown, possibly dangerous quantity without bringing a little muscle along for back-up. Or rather, a lot of muscle, personified in the scaly, mountainous bulk of the one and only Hydratroll, looming menacingly over the humble woodland hut.

But Buster's lucky enough to have an invite, so instead of tearing him limb from limb, Markus will simply nod in answer to his question and return to keeping watch.

Ok, unspecies but very large. Nonhostile at the moment, so Rookie goes carefully over to the door to knock on it, keeping an eye on the Hydratroll.

Yeah, right. Like spontaneuasly combust scary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    The Destroyed City

Zero and Valaria should arrive in the bombed out ruins of a big city. There is evidence of a recent battle. Massive craters and large holes in the sides of buildings that appear to have been created more recently then the rest of the destruction.
    [The Destroyed City]

Valaira arrives here and- WOAH! Dude! Ongoing war right here, folks! Right here, right now! Bombed out landscape? Check! Nobody walking the streets? Check.

Oh gods. Is this the land in which Zero grew up?

"Woah. Zero... Where is everybody?"

There's nothing creepier than an empty street in the broad daylight.

Valaira attempts to hold Zero's hand again! She won't be stranded in this war-ravaged city!

15. - Top - End - #1155

When Valaria takes Zero's hand, she will be able to notice the one way that Zero is giving off any fear. His grip on her hand is most likely tighter than it usually is.

Everyone has long since either died or moved away. This is quite the welcome home, isn't it?

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Destroyed City]

"I'm sorry..."

Valaira breathes, attempting to tenderly nuzzle Zero with the singular purpose of comforting him. This must be hard on him. Homecoming to a world that persecuted him. A world that tried to sharpen him into a killer.

So. Was that communication that was relayed unto you...a ruse?

17. - Top - End - #1157

Zero can hardly speak for a moment as Valaria nuzzles him. He barely has the energy to attempt to hug her in return.

No. The people from this world treated him the same way, if not worse, then they treated me.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Destroyed City]

"So..."

"Does that mean all the people you were sent to rescue are...gone?"

Valaira almost used the word "dead". And that would've been bad. But as far as appearances go, this one is pretty straightforward and pretty grim.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

[A Forest Near Watchtower]

"Nowhere really. Bark just wanted to go walking in the woods, so here we are, walking through the woods. I wanted to explore the city some more, but I guess he should get to pick what we do sometimes." Aeia says with a shrug.
    "We can explore the city more soon, if you wish. I just wanted to clear my head." Bark responds finally. He's glad for the chance to be away from all the noises of the city, even if Vriveka ruined it a bit for him.

Misha's Pool

"Okay then... here I go. Mimi, wait until I tell you it's safe before you go down alright?" With that, Misha strips off her clothes and heads down to the water, slowly losing solidity as she turns completely into water herself so she can combine herself with her pool and better control it. For a moment nothing visibly happens as she settles in, but then the water around Riss' ankles begins to creep up along the shore as Misha pulls it up slowly, taking her time so nothing unexpected happens.

At the same time, a void appears in the center as the pool begins to dip like a translucent bowl. The water on the edges rises more and more as that in the middle is drawn away by the gravity defying current that by now should be reaching Riss' hips, assuming she didn't move. If nothing interrupts Misha, the whole clearing will begin to fill with large drifts of water in a ring that stretches to the treeline and piles itself higher and higher until it reaches up to where Riss' neck would be if she's still sitting.

If Mimi cares to look, she'll see a void in the deep pit that was Misha's pool, surrounded by a cylinder of the remaining water. From there, there's an arch visible in one side that leads into a tunnel.

Misha's head very quickly reforms near Riss, sitting on the vertical wave with a look of intense concentration on her face, "You'd better go quickly. Don't stay too long to look at it, and if I yell for you to get out then leave as fast as you can." The disembodied head collapses back into water.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #1160

Cabin in the Woods

Lies! There is no spontaneous combustion! All chemical reactions are just that; Chemical reactions! Reaction requires a cause and becomes a cause, following logical event chains and, uh, umm... Oops... Careful Day, careful. You're a guest here. And just cause you're immortal don't mean getting set on fire wouldn't hurt:

I mean, uh, cool. He finishes, taking the knock on the door as a welcome escape from the sudden awkwardness and going to open it.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Cabin in the Woods

"Hello, is this where the ghost study is going on at?"

A man in a brown jumpsuit, with the name Rookie on it, stands at the door. He wears a strange device on his back, and his brown eyes look earnestly at what's beyond the doorframe.

22. - Top - End - #1162

CITW

The tiefling flinches at her reprimanding.

Uh, yeah. This is here, er, the place...
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #1163

Cabin in the Woods

Yeppers, come on in. Party's just getting started. And just like that, Day's forgotten all about his scientific-slash-social faux pas. Now he's more occupied trying to figure out what the device attached to Rookie's back is. Looks like one of the disintegrator cannons he's been working on, except, not quite as weaponized. Hmm...

24. - Top - End - #1164

CITW

Rookie walks in and takes off the proton pack. Its heavy, after all, with all the stuff on it.

"Okay then. So, I'm Ren Truse , ghostbuster and you two are?"

First things first, inductions are in order.

25. - Top - End - #1165

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [The Destroyed City]

"So..."

"Does that mean all the people you were sent to rescue are...gone?"

Valaira almost used the word "dead". And that would've been bad. But as far as appearances go, this one is pretty straightforward and pretty grim.
    No... The people I'm here for are still around here somewhere. They will reveal themselves eventually.

26. - Top - End - #1166

Spoiler
    Show
    Cabin in the Woods

Yeppers, come on in. Party's just getting started. And just like that, Day's forgotten all about his scientific-slash-social faux pas. Now he's more occupied trying to figure out what the device attached to Rookie's back is. Looks like one of the disintegrator cannons he's been working on, except, not quite as weaponized. Hmm...
    CITW

Rookie walks in and takes off the proton pack. Its heavy, after all, with all the stuff on it.

"Okay then. So, I'm Ren Truse , ghostbuster and you two are?"

First things first, inductions are in order.

I'm Ecto. Short for Ectoplasm.

The tiefling straightens her glasses and gives the newcomers a sheepish grin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

27. - Top - End - #1167

Cabin in the Woods

And I'm Day, short for Daedalus! Day holds his hand out for shaking in the general direction of the other two, but his blank eyes are still impercebtibly focused on the ghostpack. No way Ren wouldn't notice if it disappeared, but, maybe....

28. - Top - End - #1168

Cabin In The Woods

wow! Like the Greek inventor? I-I thought he was a dwarf!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #1169

Cabin in the Woods

Yuh-huh, that's where I got the name. Looking around for a chair or something, Daedalus takes a seat on whatever's available. So, when do we start with the SCIENCE? He asks, steepling his fingers together in villainous mastermind fashion.

30. - Top - End - #1170

Cabin in the Woods

Ren shakes Day's hand, then looks for a seat himself, taking one close to the proton pack.

"Well, we could start by sharing what we know about the spiritual world, but that's up to our host."

Ren reaches over and picks up his PKE meter, to get ready for the discussion.