New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Ancient Temple]

They spend a while checking out the rooms without much luck. The rooms seems identical and don't seem to carry any clues of the whereabouts of the mysterious buyer. There is however something at the end of the corridor once they gone through all the rooms

Heading there the flashlight reveals a round room shaped like a cupola with an well in the middle. The walls around them are painted with faded images of men and women all dabbed in the same black brown robes all staring right at the center of the room.

The well itself have been sealed with large set of bars which appears to have been placed above it and then been bolted to the floor for some reason.
    Then they notice something they hadn't seen before, at the other end of the room is yet another door, smaller and more ornate then the other ones, looking nearly identical to the walls of the room.

Without doubt Irena opens it up revealing a quite large bed room. Unlike the other rooms this one have a single window at the other end from which makes it a bit easier to see even if it's pitch black outside at this point.

This room appear to be far less spartan then the others with an large double bed with an roof with white curtains hanging at the edges as a cover. Both the wardrobe and the fireplace are much larger and adorned, including a big chest standing right in front of the foot board of the bed.

As the flash light sweeps across the room Nadia might note a few other items such as an rocking horse, a number of dolls and a table with a chessboard and a few wooden dices laying upon it.

"Aw, I thought there was going to be something exciting in here." Irena comments with an disappointed look.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia steps further into the room, toward the bed where she runs her hand over the curtains. "This must have been someone important's room. Here, bring that light over here." The lampades bends over to try and open the chest at the foot of the bed.

3. - Top - End - #93

Fortress Mountain- Inside

Well, congrats Erin. You've just waltzed into the private lab of the foremost pathologist in the Nexus and smashed a couple of 'empty' tanks. One can only hope those strains weren't resistant to burning, otherwise...

...let's just say Riv's a very nasty person with an unhealthy amount of imagination when it comes to killing people.

The smashed tanks are, well, smashed tanks. Broken skeletons of metal, wreathed in chemical smoke and dripping with liquified plastics. Some kind of burnt residue clings to the larger fragments, no doubt the culture in which Riv's creations festered.

Oh, and what's that noise in the background? Sounds like a lift is on it's way.

Fortress Mountain- Outside

And the answer is, no, no he cannot.

Reasoning that it worked before, Francium presses another random button.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-08-13 at 01:12 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #94

[Ancient Temple]

"Looks like it, still had hoped for more. Like some torture chamber or a secret crypt." The witch comments before illuminating the chest with her flashlight.

The chest opens easily enough and reveals that the chest is filled with various interesting items. If she decides looking through it Nadia will find a number of books, a necklace, an ornate box, some clothes (of the female and baby variety) and a beautiful adorned golden bell with an blanket warped around it.

Irena takes up one of the books the lampade got out of the chest and opens it, "Hey, I think this is some sort of diary."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia starts taking out the items and places them on the bed. "Someone was definitely living here with their kids." She picks up the bell and gives it a little ring. "I wonder what happened to them..." She moves over to look at the book Irena is holding. "What does it say?"

6. - Top - End - #96

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia might note that the baby clothes are all in one size and they never seem to have been used. The woman clothes on the other hand looks like they been used plenty of times but are all in the same size as well.

"Relax, let me check..." The witch protests as light up the pages of the diary with her flash light.

The lampade can see a a very short entry at each page. It's nothing special, but she does notice the name of the writer, Adriane.

Irena quickly flips through the book though, just glancing briefly at each entry. "Hm, I doubt these got anything to do with that creepy guy though. They're really old."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia has a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach about this. "Why would they leave this behind? Some of it's never been used." She sets the bell down and goes to read the diary over Irena's shoulder. "Flip to the last entry and see what she wrote."

8. - Top - End - #98

[Ancient Temple]

"Okay... and you keep forgetting the mistress part!" Irena have to remind her girlfriend again before flipping through the diary to the last entry.

14th of Tellas 1563

I'm feeling in a much better mood now, it seems my earlier grumpy mood have passed. After all, everything is prepared for the baby and considering the kicks I'm getting I think he might be born any day now!

Took a walk around the yard earlier today (well, it was for about 20 minutes but right now it might as well have been a marathon) and I'm already imagining myself playing with Eli there. I can barely wait until I get to hold him in my hands even if I know he's technically not mine.

It might sound strange but I really wish he was now that I'm so close. I know this is against my oath but it's just natural right? I'm a part of him just as much as Chasca is. I will give birth to Eli after all, he will be my son as much as her's.

I think I will talk to Niccaru about it tomorrow, he promised that I would be just as much a part of his life as our goddess will be.
    Irena reads the entry more carefully then the others and once she's done (considering she's probably a slower reader then Nadia) she starts to flip back through the pages with an concerned expression. "Niccaru, that was that guy's name wasn't it?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-09 at 03:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

There's something magical in the chest, and a large, black sapphire in the gems cabinet has been replaced with a disembodied eye that is staring at Cassidy. Several of the feathers appear to have been taken from magical beings; specifically, a pegasus, an angel, a succubus and a Bennu. One of the furs has been magically shrunk; another is a scrap of hide taken from a lycanthrope. One of the plants in the little garden is magical, and one of the staves is a Staff of Fury, which will cause the person or animal it is cast upon to attack the nearest other person or animal, even if it isn't to their benefit.
    The eye creeps Cass out a little, but she just ignores it. She doesn't know anything about most magical creatures, instead assuming the fur and feathers are just from normal animals. The staff, on the other hand, is a little interesting, so she decides to take it. She can just drop it in a fight.

With that, she leaves the storeroom. She debates on whether to press on or check on that kid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    A Popular Mountainside Village

Marcos thinks, with his eyes wide open. Now he realizes it! Either die right now, or die later! The Agent bluffed correctly - and Marcos's reaction confirmed that bluff.

"I-..." He tries to think. He even had a list of cool last words that he wanted to say! But, now, his mind is drawing a blank, right when he had the opportunity to use that list!

"Don't let me die like this," he pleads.

He still can't think of a good last line. (Although, it might be cool if he was killed mid-sentence! That definitely is a good way to be known as a horrific vile villain - killing someone mid-sentence.)
    The Agent just shakes his head. "What I offer is a kindness that few others would. Make peace with any Gods you happen to worship. May your next life be more in service of Good." And with that, he pulls the trigger. With where he aims and the bullet's power, the gun should cause an instant and painless death.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

The Hag's Eye watches Cassidy leave. It's up to Cassidy as to whether or not she checks upon the child again; they're still asleep, and likely haven't noticed Cassidy's presence. Then again, the child is a deity, so might have done.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia twists her hair around her fingers agitatedly. "You don't think he did anything to that woman and her baby, do you?" If he hadn't, though, where are they now? "If he did I'm gonna, I'm gonna... do something to him." She grits her teeth. Apparently she feels really strongly about this.

12. - Top - End - #102

[Sznovf - Wizard's Tower]

Cass doesn't know that the kid is a deity, and decides that just because the kid probably doesn't know anything she needs, she can't just leave them there. Instead, she heads back to the church to examine the child's chains for weak points, wishing she had a mono-chainsaw.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

The chain is made of solid silver, and of average manufacture. Silver isn't famed for its strength, and its enchantment is purely to keep the child asleep; there's no boost to strength in its magic. Cassidy could easily break it with a lever or fulcrum, or something along those lines.

14. - Top - End - #104

[Ancient Temple]

"I dunno... it just reminds me of something." Irena replies as she continues to flip backwards through the diary.

"She mentioned some sort of ritual somewhere." She explains while the thunder, wind and rain continues to rage outside. "Maybe we should try to get ready to sleep over here though? This bed looks a lot more comfortable then the other ones after all."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia sighs and nods. She wishes she could do something about this right now, but knows there's little they can do until they find out more. A ritual, though. Hearing that in combination with what she'd read in the last entry fills her with a feeling of dread. "Yeah. Some sleep might be a good idea." The lampades starts putting the various items back in the chest.

16. - Top - End - #106

[Ancient Temple]

"Mm..." Irena replies as she sit down in the bed, entirely focused on the diary at the moment. Nadia can never remember seeing her so devoted to any kind of book before (well, unless it had pictures of course.)

"It's kinda cool though, maybe you can get something to burn from the field so we can start a fire in the fireplace? Then we get both warmth and light." She suggests.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia gives Irena an incredulous look. "It's kind of pouring rain out there. I'd b soaked right through way before I found anything dry enough to burn." She sits on the bed next to her. "We'll just have to bundle up in the blankets and keep each other warm."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cyan Beach]

The dragon gives him another odd look. "Maybe I have amnesia then because I have frankly no idea what you're talk about Damon. I would never betray you intentionally. I'm not sure what have happen but I haven't seen you in weeks."
    "Sss...why are you doing thiss? Doess it amusse you to try and provoke me into desscribing jusst how you betrayed me?" Damon turns back to face him, hate in his eyes. "I knew you dragonss were cruel to sso cassually abandon my kind and let them die at the handss of the demonss, but I didn't know you found it funny ass well!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #109

[Cyan Beach]

Vizek bares his fangs in annoyance, "Damon! Listen to me! I have no idea what you're talking about. Whoever you think I am or have done, you're wrong because I'm fairly sure I haven't gone senile yet." The green dragon pauses, giving Damon an stern look. "Since you're Damon right? Or are you someone else?"

[Ancient Temple]

"...maybe we can burn the books then?" Irena suggests with a goofy smile. "I mean, besides the diary I don't think they are all that important."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia tries to smile, but there's very little energy in it. She shakes her head. "It wouldn't feel right." She shifts onto the bed and pulls the covers back, crawling under them and moving over to make room for Irena. "Come on, we'll be alright without a fire."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-09 at 05:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

[Ancient Temple]

"Fiiine." Irena says while moving over to her girlfriend for warmth. "I did just find an interesting chapter in the diary though." The witch says as she points the flashlight at a page for Nadia. It appears to be one of Adriane's earliest entries

32th of Ulla 1563

So today I preformed the ritual and it worked! I'm pregnant with the child of a goddess!

It's still a bit hard to swallow but Niccaru (her high priest) helped me through the ritual and answered all my questions. It really made me feel a lot safer even if I'm not so sure about the child yet.
    Apparently not even the goddess herself chooses who will carry the child, destiny does (or so I understood it) and we were just lucky it was just one of the faith. It makes me think really, could a non-believer have been choose? If so, would she have been forced to be pregnant by the priests? I sure hope not!

Otherwise the pregnancy won't be any different from a normal child, the ritual just transfer the newborn essence into the surrogate (that's me!) and she gives birth to it. It's like Chasca would have had sex with me, just with less exchange of bodily fluids and more chanting priests.

I was pretty nervous during the ritual though, I had to give an oath to let Chasca have the child once she got born and they seemed pretty serious about it. Not sure why though, I'm not sure I even wanted a child in the first place.

One thing is sure though, the next nine months are going to be strange.
    Irena stares at the text, looking like she is about to say something.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Irena will undoubtedly be grateful that Nadia's body temperature is so high. They should be plenty warm enough to sleep through the night.

Nadia reads over the entry, and a frown grows on her face. "So they just took some poor woman, impregnate her, and tell her she's some chosen one. And then after all that they just take the baby away. These people are sick." She says very clearly angry.

23. - Top - End - #113

[Ancient Temple]

The witch is silent for a moment before she finally replies. "...they stole a ritual like that from me Nadia. I didn't want to tell you earlier since I didn't want to worry you." She says sheepishly. "...but it's not like it's my ritual." She quickly adds. "I just know it see? That demon like transferred it into my brain whenever I wanted or not along with everything else when Chasity made that pact. One day I just decided to write them all up on a document and after that I kinda leaked it..."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-09 at 06:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"You mean the scrolls that drow woman took from you?" She asks. "Oh gods, that means they plan to do this again to some other poor woman." She didn't think she could hate them more. "Do you think this happened long ago?" She touches the diary to indicate she means the woman who wrote it. "I don't suppose there's any chance of helping her and her child..."

25. - Top - End - #115

[Ancient Temple]

"I... don't know Nadia. Wherever they are, it's not here. This place must have been deserted for some time." The witch replies as she moves down her hand to squeeze Nadia's. "Maybe we should just get some sleep and search the rest of this place tomorrow when we can see better. Maybe that creepy guy left some clues upstairs."

26. - Top - End - #116

Unfortunately, Cass doesn't have anything like that. She chooses to improvise a little, taking the dull edge of her knife and holding it against the chain. She pulls at the chain with her free hand, hoping that enhancing her strength will assist her enough to break it.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia nods and wraps her arms around Irena. "Alright." She says glumly as she nestles against her girlfriend. It'll take her a while to calm down enough, but eventually she'll fall asleep.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

Cassidy's method works, and with its physical container destroyed the magic disperses. The child slowly wakes up, looking around at the destroyed temple and at Cassidy with eyes that glow with innocence. "You have freed Me, milady. Your good will deserves a reward; if it is within My power, you shall have it." The child-god doesn't reveal His name, however.

29. - Top - End - #119

"Wait, wait, wait," Cass says, with an incredulous stare. "You're telling me you can grant me a wish?" Now that's a loaad of drek and she knows it. Not even a dragon could do that, how could she believe this kid could?

...Yeah, she doesn't know much about deities.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"Nothing so crude, milady. If it is within My purview, I shall do My utmost to give you what you ask." Whereas a wish is usually more limited and often not quite what one wanted. The God also assumes that Cassidy knows who and what He is.