New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Ancient Temple]

Irena stretches a bit, "Mmm... check around I guess, we could check the diary at any time, or do it at the same time." She tells her girlfriend.

Nadia have probably noticed the rain, wind and thunder have stopped and sunlight is now coming through the only window of the room.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-10 at 02:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"Alright, let's do that then." Nadia gathers up her belongings. She ends up standing in front of the chest. "Do you think we should take anything else from here?" She doesn't know if it feels right to just leave it here to rot and rust.

3. - Top - End - #153

[Ancient Temple]

"I dunno, maybe that religious book. Might be good to know what those nutters believed in." Irena suggests while she slowly get's up from the bed and stretches her neck for a moment while looking lustfully at Nadia.

"You know... almost a shame we had to do useful things today, but I guess we have to save the the fun stuff until we get home eh?" The witch states with a smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-10 at 02:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia chuckles. "You have such a one tracked mind. It's a wonder you get anything done in a day instead of being all over me constantly."

The lampades kneels down beside the chest and opens it again. She sorts through it and pulls out the religious book. On a whim, she decides to open the ornate box they'd left along earlier.

5. - Top - End - #155

[Ancient Temple]

The ornate box appears to be an music box and as she opens it a soothing lullaby starts playing while a little baby playing with two rabbits starts spinning around in it.

"Hey, I am addicted to you." Irena replies while turning to the lampade. "Better hope I don't start to go to sex-addiction therapy or something." She says with an amused grin. "Besides, I bet if I hadn't pulled away earlier we would have ended up sexing. Isn't that right?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-10 at 03:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia takes a moment to reply to Irena. She's caught up looking at the music box with a sad expression. Soon enough she sighs and closes it, then closes the chest after it.

She stands and gives Irena a weak smile. "Not everyone has so little self control, you know. That's just you, my little sex addict." She tries to poke Irena on the nose.

7. - Top - End - #157

[Ancient Temple]

"Is something wrong Nadia?" Irena asks with an concerned expression while offering her hand to help up the lampade again before shifting her gaze to the music box. "Sad because it was a baby?" She wasn't particularly fond of babies herself, they looked creepy to her. <.<
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-10 at 03:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia nods and her smile fades. So much for putting on a cheerful face. She's not sure how she expected to hide anything from Irena anyway. "Yeah. It just sickens me to think some twisted people would use a baby for whatever messed up reasons they had. I used to take care of kids a lot; Just babysitting other peoples' kids. They're adorable little things once you get past how loud and messy they are."

9. - Top - End - #159

[Ancient Temple]

"Yeah... adorable." Irena says while putting on a fake smile of her own. She still remembered how she had killed that demon-possessed kid, that had been pretty messy.

"But we should get going, after last night I feel we should get home as soon as possible. This place is doing strange things with your head." She moves over to the door, not wanting to stay on the kid subject for too long.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia decides not to comment on the place supposedly 'doing strange things with her head'. This isn't the time or place for this sort of conversation anyway. The lampades just follows along in silence as they look for the next place to search.

11. - Top - End - #161

[Ancient Temple]

As Irena opens the door (inwards) Nadia will notice there are scratch marks all over it, like someone been trying to scratch their way inside. It might take her a moment to realize the fact it's nail marks and how a single word have been spelled out.

HELP

The witch seem to ignore it however and heads right out into the corridor.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-10 at 04:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

After realizing what the marks are, Nadia just squeezes her eyes closed and hurries past. She tries to grab Irena's hand and hold it tight as they walk.

She's going to kill that bastard. She's going to kill him herself.

13. - Top - End - #163

[Ancient Temple]

The witch gives Nadia a curious look bit choose not to comment her behavior. If she decides to look back at the door once they gone past it, she will notice the scratch marks and the spelled out word are gone. Like they had never been there (they weren't there before after all.)

Heading through the corridor they eventually reach the round room again and starts climbing the stairs to the second floor. Here they will face a choice as they reach a landing mid-way up.
    Here there are two open doors, one leading into what appears to once have been the great hall of the temple with an entrance to the kitchen. The other door leads into another corridor with two doors at the side and one important-looking door at the end of it. The stair also climbs upwards into what appears to be a tower (which they saw on the outside).

"So where should we start to look?" Irena asks while looking around a bit.

[Cyan Beach]

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Enough of your act already, Vizek, of coursse I'm Damon. I don't know why you're doing thiss, but I've had enough. Leave me be. I want nothing to do with your kind. No exceptionss. Not for you, not for Ssarah." With an irritated hiss, Damon starts walking away.
    "Alright, walk away then. I'm not sure what happened to you, but the Damon I know would never act the way you do." Vizek replies. "I have never 'betrayed' you. Nor have any other dragon."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-10 at 04:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia looks between their options. "Let's try that way." She points down the corridor with the important looking door.

15. - Top - End - #165

[Ancient Temple]

"Seems obvious doesn't it?" Irena comments while walking in the direction of the door.
    As they go through the corridor they get an amazing view of the large lake and forest below the hilltop the temple rest upon it from the windows in the room. They will also feel that it's much colder up here then in the first floor of the building which might be due to the fact many of the windows are broken, leaking cool air into the temple.

Reaching the door Irena easily pushes it up but have to use her flashlight to lit up the room. The light reveals a room which seem to be partly carved out of the very mountains surrounding them and is dominated by circles and runes painted up nearly everywhere inside. The most prominent feature however is the large red circle in the middle of the room where the stone seemed to have blackened by what looks like repeated uses of explosives. Surrounding the circle are four long candle-less bronze-colored candelabra which have been mounted to the floor.

A single red rug lies in the very corner of the room, looking a bit out of place here.

"Now this looks more like it, this must be the ritual room." Irena says as she looks around. "Looks like they been summoning a lot of dangerous things considering what the inside of the circle look like."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-10 at 12:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    R'yleh
    Dave nods.
    "Very well, Clarissa. I promise to do what you say while we're here."
    "Now let's get this done with!"

Dave puts on his game face!
    [R'yleh]

Well, alrighty then! The verbal contract has been finalized, signed, and initialed! Resplendent! How...delicious! Mwahahahaha!

Clarissa points at a smiling receptionist seemingly materializing out of the middle of nowhere!

"Break her. Now."

Will Dave destroy the generic receptionist? Stay tuned to find out!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

Damon halts, and turns around slowly, his eyes filled with venomous hatred. "You all betrayed me. All of you. Ssitting there disscussing thingss, afraid of being able to deal with the demonss yoursselvess. You, the greatesst weaponss againsst demonss! My world, my kind already nearly fell once againsst the forcess of demonss, and it wass my actionss that ssaved them! Yess, your world ssuffered, but it ssurvived. Both worldss ssurvived. But you...you cowardss went and reverssed thingss again, and doomed my kind. It'ss only a matter of time, if they're not dead already. And not one of you sspoke againsst the decission. Not one of you dared to argue."

Damon's expression of hatred changes for a moment, looking hurt...

"I trussted you, Vizek. I loved Ssarah. But neither of you made any attempt to sstop your kind from abandoning my world, giving it to the demonss to sspare your own. And now...now insstead of apologissing to me, you act like you don't remember any of it? Well, I've refresshed your memory now. Are you ssatissfied?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"You think so?" Nadia asks as she moves forward to examine the circle. Irena's the expert, though. "Can you tell anything by looking at the circle?" The lampades crouches down and sticks her hand into the circle to run her finger over the blackened area.

19. - Top - End - #169

[Ancient Temple]

"Sometimes the entity inside the circle get's angry and it have to be contained." Irena explains. But as Nadia approach the circle the witch grabs her shoulder. "Don't go near it, could still be dangerous. You never know what kind of crazy demons they might have summoned inside that circle before they left the place." She warns Nadia. "As for the circle... well, it's pretty powerful stuff. You could contain some types of gods here if you wanted to, they obviously put a lot of work into it." She explains while gesturing at the complicate patterns surrounding the circle. "It's could theoretically still be used too if we so wanted to. Guessing whoever lived here was counting on returning some day."

[Cyan Beach]

The green dragon seems to consider everything Damon for a moment before he replies, an serious expression crowning his otherwise so relaxed features. "Damon, I'm not that Vizek." He tells the zern. "I remember that suggestion, it was brought up and we voted against it. It was shut down. I'm not sure what happened to you by I swear to you Damon, that's not what happened. Not to me at the very least. You were there as well, or maybe that was another Damon. I'm not sure anymore."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia gives the circle on last apprehensive look. It's probably a good thing Irena stopped her from touching it, then. "I guess there was a change of plans." She turns her attention away from the circle. "Hey, there's something over there." Nadia heads over to the rug and tries to lift it up.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

Well...

That catches Damon by surprise.

For a moment it looks like he might not believe Vizek. Clearly it's just another lie, just another attempt to get him worked up and-

No. No no. It's too far-fetched.

Now he's not sure what to think.

"I...what? A-are you serious?" The poor fellow looks rather bewildered. He'd been moments away from losing it completely and trying to punch the dragon in the face.

Probably wouldn't have ended well, but there you go.

"But the demons- I...why? How?" Might take him a moment to get to grips with this concept.

Assuming he doesn't decide it's all a pack of lies.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"Is there anything else? Something more worthy of My divine talents, perhaps?" Wow, Innocence personified is quite arrogant. Possibly because he's a god.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #173

[Ancient Temple]

Removing the rug reveals that it concealed a hatch in the floor.
    "Oh hey, cool!" Irena exclaims as she notices the lampades discovery. "Let's check inside."

Opening the hatch and illuminating it with the flash light reveals that it leads to a tunnel leading right into the mountain wall. "Heh, now we're talking." Irena comments with a grin. "Want to go first?"

[Cyan Beach]

"I'm not sure myself but from what I have learned from staying in this world a while is that there are countless of worlds connected to this one. So it isn't too far-fetched to imagine there could be very similar worlds with the same people inside them." The dragon explains slowly, not really sure what to believe himself. He wasn't sure what other way to explain this however unless Damon or he had their memories altered by demons or something.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sznovf - Wizard's Tower]

Cassidy may not believe in divine beings, but at least now she knew this kid was really darn powerful, if he could just enchant something like that. Normally it took weeks of preparation. "Well, you know the monkey things attacking Sznovf? You know why they're here, how to take them down?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"I did not know of them, but now I do. They are trying to gather the materials needed to reanimate their creator, who has died. Stopping them is harder; there's many ways to do so. The simplest is to smash them all; the easiest is to give them what they want." The God of Innocence smiles.

26. - Top - End - #176

While geeking all the monkeys does sound like a good bit of fun to Cass, she decides that might take too long. "Any reason for me not to reanimate the creator? What was that mage like?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"He is not an innocent, and some of his crimes were perpetuated against innocents. More than that, I do not know." Not being his chosen deity, or a deity dealing with dead people, or a deity involving magical experimentation, shows in what this child can find out about the dead.

28. - Top - End - #178

"Hmm..." Cass will never claim to have a spotless record, but most of her crimes are against the megacorps. "Any way to deal with them besides blanking 'em all? That sounds like a challenge, and not the fun kind."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"Yes. Destroy the machine they are building and their creator's corpse. They will be without function then."

30. - Top - End - #180

"'Kay, and where would I find those?" Cassidy asks. Maybe she could just take the direct route to ending this whole problem.