New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Ancient Temple]

"Nadia, your eyes suddenly rolled back and you started cutting yourself." Irena explains. "That woman possessed you." She tells her girlfriend while moving over to her. She stays away from the fire though, apparently it isn't as harmless to her as to Nadia.

"And the fire is beacuse you're an lampadfe, their blood kind of combusts when coming in contact with air. Don't worry though, you're immune to fire now. It's okay."
    She says, attempting to calm her down.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia gives Irena a baffled look. "I kinda wish someone told me about this sooner." That's really weird. Now she looks down at the table and the message she wrote.

"The well? The one just outside of here?" She turns toward the door out of the room. "Is his body there? Why wouldn't he have been buried?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [A Field of Wheat]

Removing one of K'rax' puppets from existence would be a good way to get the being's attention. But other than that...

Zee flops over backwards in the grass so as to better peer up at the sky. "A token of trust, then."

A scroll bound in a pretty seal plops down in the absurdly tall grass. A scroll written on both front and back. Then? Comments about agitation. "They've already managed to purge the other unicorn. Just didn't have enough time to finish the process with... Twilight was it? The scroll contains two spells. One a warding. The other destructive. They impose Reality upon beings and forces not native to the material world. It's how they removed the Star's taint."

The farmaid sits up again to peer at the alicorn. "Agitate her and risk making the influence worse with the eventuality of purging the taint. Or leave her be and allow it to fester. I can't allow the Star to gain foothold in the Nexus through her or anyone else. I need another option if you have it."
    Purge the other unicorn?
    Oh heavens, it had been working Rarity too. The others probably aren't safe either...

Luna is now looking incredibly agitated herself, a somewhat violent unseen wind pulling her ethereal mane to and fro.
    "No no no...that won't do at all..."
    If the Star gets more than one Element, it might be completely irrevocable...

The princess eyes the scroll between her pacings, with a distrustful eye.
    Last time she was offered a gift from something like this, war happened.
    "How did these infections happen, if you have been paying such close attention?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #244

[Ancient Temple]

"I thought you knew already!" She exclaims. "And I don't know, let's just put out the fire and bind your wound." She's obviously far more concerned about the lampades well-being then why the baby was buried in a well.

She grabs the staff she have had tied behind her back all this time and will use it to heal the wound once the fire is put out, or atleast attempt to. She don't know if it actually can do that yet.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Looks like it works perfectly. Nadia rubs her arm where the cut was. Just having it heal like that is odd to her. "Thanks." She gives Irena a warm smile, but her attention is soon turned tot he task at hand. "Alright, let's check that well."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

[A Wheat Field]

"I only noticed the situation once the influence of the Star began to manifest. The Nexus is a pretty big place, but I know the feel of things that don't belong in the material world. Preventing them from causing too big of a mess is sort of my job," Zee replies with a shrug. "I didn't see how Twilight was infected. She used a spell to force the taint on another unicorn later, though. But thankfully she's been cleansed already. The Eye of Derleth seems to be just as lethal to these Stars as it is to those of my kind."

Reality and Stars don't seem to get along in that regard.

"Ib'bahhali would know how Twilight was infected. He met her shortly after she was shunted into the Nexus,"
    Zee smiles proudly at the subject of her offspring. "He has a keen mind for magic, both its practice and theory. He and Twilight struck to friendship quite quickly. He's the one who invoked the Eye to save other unicorn and burn away a sizable amount of taint from Twilight. And I suspect he may be the reason why you're here now as well."

Zee quirks her head off to the side slightly. "You can find him at the Philip Memorial Library. He's still there with the other unicorn. And quite weak from using the Eye. It's just as lethal to him as it is to the Star."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[A Field of Wheat]

Twilight caused the secondary infection...
    "I will assume that Twilight was in the vicinity of the Eye that purged Rarity. A new, magical friend..."

Luna takes a moment to consider these additional points of information, trying to think about this tactically, like her sister would.
    Her choice was beginning to make more sense. Celestia was too close to her when she had the Nightmare, and made errors...likely too, she would be too close to Twilight.

"I need another Magic."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

[A Wheat Field]

Zee nods in response to that question. "The spell is still active. Ibby's probably hoping that Twilight can be brought back to the library so the rest of the taint can be scoured from her. Though the more the taint integrates with her the more likely it is that removing it may cause... unwanted harm."

And now?

Now it is time for a very VERY eloquent reply from Zee. "...another Magic...?"

Nope.

No idea what Luna is talking about. The Elements of Harmony didn't exist when K'rax had visited that horse-infested world.

Zee wrinkles her nose. "I'm afraid I don't understand."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #249

[Ancient Temple]

"It was bolted shut with bars." Irena protests. "It seems to be an awful lot of trouble just to hide the body of a baby. What if she lies and it's like... a monster there or something?"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"If she wanted to kill us, she could have did it when she possessed me. Come on, we can figure out some way of opening it." Nadia goes to walk out the door and into the well room.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Mornvale][/B]

For the most part, the town of Mornvale is quite peaceful. The occasional bit of Nexus weirdness, of course, or bandits preying on the traders, but the militia, the priests, or the mages (though there weren't very many of those, admittedly) could handle most of what they were likely to see.

Now, however, a full-scale attack was about to be launched. The plans were being gone over a final time, the last scouts were reporting back, and those of the force who required weapons and armor were gearing up for the assault, and, save for the vampires, who had to wait for the short time until the sun set, those who were ready were getting into position.
    A few hours before dusk, on the day of the attack, a single traveler makes his way into town. His name is Bellan Vraal. He is a towering creature of corded muscle and alien flesh. His features are foreign, with an insectoid mouth of many parts and eyes green as emeralds. Short, chitinous spikes extend from the top of his squat head. His dress is as alien as the rest of him, an elaborate robe mounted with a mantle made of bone. What could best be described as a double-cape falls from this mantle, one piece of black cloth falling evenly from each of his shoulders.

This rare traveler, unaware of the town's plight despite his imminent role in it, searches for a place to stay. He remains quiet and subdued as he does so, perhaps handing gold to the poor on occasion.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek hugs Jezebelle back and then turns to Melody and nods.

"Yes, I heard the scream this morning and I think that this probably has something to do with it."

He unwraps the bloody knife to show to her.

"I found it in my tent when I woke up this morning. I wanted to tell you right away."
    Jezebelle gasps at the unveiling of the knife, eyes wide.

Melody reaches out, almost grasping it, then pauses. You found it in your tent? Where? Did you touch it with your bare hand? she worriedly looks up at him.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #253

[Ancient Temple]

"If she wanted to release the monster, she wouldn't have killed us would she?" Irena counters but still follows Nadia out of the room. Outside they are once again in the cupola shaped room with the bolted down bars.

It would be literary impossible to remove them with your bare hands, they are going to need something else to do it.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia stands before the well, looking down at it as she tries to think of a plan. "How are we going to do this...?" She doesn't recall seeing anything around here that'd help. On a whim she tries to detect how much water is in the well, if any at all.

15. - Top - End - #255

[Ancient Temple]

There is actually plenty of water down in the well as it appears to be connected to the lake below the hill-top near the temple from what Nadia can tell.

She can't actually see the water level however as the well appears to be pitch-black.
    "I dunno, it's your idea. I still think you should relax a bit first. Do you have any idea how freaked out I got when you got possessed? I got really frightened." Irena tells the lampade with a concerned look.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-12 at 08:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Hm, it's connected to the lake outside, she's sure of that. Maybe they can get at it from that side...

She's suddenly distracted by Irena's words. She turns and tries to take the naiad's hands. "Sorry. I've been kinda, I don't know, focused I guess. We can slow down a little."

17. - Top - End - #257

[Ancient Temple]

Irena goes to hug Nadia as she touches her hand, "I just don't want you to be hurt okay? All this with creepy people trying to get you kidnap you... I worry almost constantly." The witch let's out a sigh and squeezes her girlfriend tightly.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia hugs her back, reflecting for a moment how great it is to have someone that cares so much about you. "Don't worry, Irena. Nothing's gonna happen to me, alright? We're going to figure this out and then we can get back to our lives."

19. - Top - End - #259

[Ancient Temple]

Irena pulls back a bit and attempts to look into Nadia's eyes. "You promise?" She asks with a worried look.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia smile warmly. "I promise." She tries to pull Irena close again for a brief kiss and another tight hug.

21. - Top - End - #261

[Ancient Temple]

Irena smiles faintly and returns the hug and the kiss. "I just don't know what I would do without you Nadia." The witch says as they pulled back with a shake of her head.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia smiles wider and keeps one of Irena's hands in hers. "Okay, let's get this done. There's got to be some way to open this thing up." Nadia turns again toward the well, a frown replacing her smile. "Maybe if I had some tools..." She glances toward her girlfriend. "Do you think that staff could do anything? Not sure what, but it's worth a shot."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-12 at 09:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

[Ancient Temple]

The witch glances at the staff, feeling encouraged again. "Well, it's a magic staff right? It was able to heal you so it should be able to blast things too." She says while aiming it at one of the bolts. "Better stay back in case this really works." She tells Nadia with a meaningful look and if the lampade stays back, the staff will suddenly will suddenly emit a red beam which cuts the bolt right off.

"Ha! Knew it would work. Give me a minute and I will remove the rest of them."
    And after some more blasts the bars can now be removed from the well.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia steps back and requested and grins when it actually works. "Great, help me move these." Nadia steps forward to start doing just that after Irena has finished.

25. - Top - End - #265

[Ancient Temple]

"Alright, let's try to lift it if you think you're strong enough." Irena teases as she starts to lift the rather heavy bars. It's going to be some effort from Nadia if she want this thing moved though. Irena with her daemon strength is able to keep up but Nadia need to match her if she likes to remove the bars.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

Nadia doesn't have too much trouble. It's difficult, but she's definitely a strong woman. Even without magic strength. So it won't take them too long. After they're done, Nadia pauses to catch her breath. "Okay. You ready?"

27. - Top - End - #267

[Ancient Temple]

"What? To dive down there? I'm not crazy woman! We need a rope or something." Irena replies as she looks down into the rather deep well.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-12 at 11:50 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Melody's Island- Barn}

Jezebelle gasps at the unveiling of the knife, eyes wide.

Melody reaches out, almost grasping it, then pauses. You found it in your tent? Where? Did you touch it with your bare hand? she worriedly looks up at him.
    {Melody's Island- Barn}

"No I didn't I had it wrapped up in the shirt. I didn't want to leave it in my tent so I grabbed it and brought it to show you. It was laying next to me when I woke up and it definitly was not there when I went to sleep.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the scream I heard this morning."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ancient Temple]

"Well, yeah, I know." Nadia wasn't thinking that exactly, but she knows! "I don't suppose there's a rope hidden in that staff too." She' starting to think they're gonna have to leave and come back. The lampades leans over the edge of the well and looks down. What exactly are they going to find down there...

30. - Top - End - #270

[Ancient Temple]

"I dunno, Dio never said what the staff could do really." Irena replies with a glance at the staff held in her hand. "Might as well try to create a rope, I mean, it could heal you and blast those bolts, so why not?" The witch waves her staff around as a long vine, much like the ones that saved Nadia earlier comes out from the tip of the staff. This variant however have fewer thorns and is much slimmer but looks just as strong. It lands on the floor and then coils around like a snake, just waiting to be used.

"I'm not even surprised anymore." Irena comments as she looks at the new rope. "So who's going to climb down there? It's not large enough for the both of us."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-12 at 01:22 PM.