Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Return to Ironheart OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    Heh. Any predictions for what Nihilus is then?
    Nihlus is of course just a figment of Tommy Westphall's imagination. We are all just a figment of Tommy Wesphall's imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Oooo - now that would be a clever twist!

I'm not sure we could have a happy ending then, however, as how could I possibly lose?
    Of course, all the players would ragequit then. After all, in such a game the only way to win is not to play.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classic Cthulhu by RTGoodman

Critical Failures by Strawberries & Captain Happy, respectively.

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

And then Umber would punch his way out of Tommy's skull. I suspect Anders and a few others would find a way out, too. Being fictional isn't enough to stop Umber from finding Fianna again.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight777 View Post
    And then Umber would punch his way out of Tommy's skull. I suspect Anders and a few others would find a way out, too. Being fictional isn't enough to stop Umber from finding Fianna again.
    This bodes ill for the current possessor of Fianna's soul.

As regards the nature of Nihilus, the theory which I have already mentioned to Inspectre is that Nihilus is basically the equivalent of Athelion's soul, split off during the battle with Azguloth.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275

Well if there's one thing that could test Ander's faith more than actually meeting his gods, it would be finding out everything he knows is all just a dream. Since he found out that Miriam was actually pretty okay with wiping the world clean and starting from scratch, protecting the world from anyone that would destroy it has become his big driving motivation. If he found out that Tommy Westphall was going to stop imagining his world...well I guess Ander would have to do something about that.

Ander's too much of a hero for his own good. You'd think he would have learned better by now.

6. - Top - End - #276

Completely changing the subject here, but I thought I'd let everyone know that I recently started a blog, and today's post is about Ironheart. If you want to read it, you can go to 1writersworkshop.blogspot.com or just click the link at the top of my signature.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    Completely changing the subject here, but I thought I'd let everyone know that I recently started a blog, and today's post is about Ironheart. If you want to read it, you can go to 1writersworkshop.blogspot.com or just click the link at the top of my signature.
    *reading* Nice little read.

By the way, you never did send me a detailed visual description of your character.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-10-13 at 11:17 PM.
    You know nothing, TechnOkami.
    Oh, and my Extended Signature.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baerdog7 View Post
    Well if there's one thing that could test Ander's faith more than actually meeting his gods, it would be finding out everything he knows is all just a dream. Since he found out that Miriam was actually pretty okay with wiping the world clean and starting from scratch, protecting the world from anyone that would destroy it has become his big driving motivation. If he found out that Tommy Westphall was going to stop imagining his world...well I guess Ander would have to do something about that.
    If you find out you are the imaginary construct of someone else, the only logical thing to do is eat them so you can absorb their reality.

Also, every time Ander peels back another layer in the rotten onion of the setting's theology, Umber grins without knowing why.

As for Pyrene... well, I'm sure Umber will figure out something. His plan will very possibly include her remaining alive. For all the good that plans do us.

I liked your blog. It's always nice to have one's ego massaged. And I especially liked your "Thinking vs. Wanting" post.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

9. - Top - End - #279

As for Pyrene... well, I'm sure Umber will figure out something. His plan will very possibly include her remaining alive. For all the good that plans do us.
    That's... comforting, I suppose.

I liked your blog. It's always nice to have one's ego massaged. And I especially liked your "Thinking vs. Wanting" post.
    The ego massaging is entirely incidental, I assure you.

I'm glad you liked the Thinking vs. Wanting. That was something that had been stewing near the top of my head for a week or so, and it was one of the immediate things I knew I wanted to write about when I started the blog. So far I haven't had anything else like it float to the surface, but if I do it will be posted there.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

That's... comforting, I suppose.
    In all seriousness, though, I'd never intentionally engage in a plan against your character without discussing the possible ramifications with you and Inspectre first. And since Umber's busy being dead, I doubt it'll come up for a while, anyway.

11. - Top - End - #281

Gorgondantess I'm working on a response to your post but I'm waiting for some info from Inspectre before I can finish it. Bear with me.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baerdog7 View Post
    Gorgondantess I'm working on a response to your post but I'm waiting for some info from Inspectre before I can finish it. Bear with me.
    No problem at all- I was the one who posted late, after all.
    Mind if I ask what information you're wondering about?
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classic Cthulhu by RTGoodman

Critical Failures by Strawberries & Captain Happy, respectively.

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

13. - Top - End - #283

I couldn't remember whether Adamus Crane had actually succeeded in sending Ander's family down to Hell when Ander decided not to play ball with him. I had forgotten whether that plot point was resolved and it was going to affect who Ander tells the Spirit he is going to smash up Hell to save.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe somebody (I want to say Miriam?) told Ander that it's not possible to summon human souls from the Heavens (or the Hells, presumably). I don't think we had that confirmed for certain, but Miriam presumably knows how these things work.

Edit - that'd be Hephestia, seen here. Not quite as reliable as Miriam, and of course there's the question of whether Ander takes her word for it.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2012-10-14 at 04:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Crane had pretty much said it was all a ruse to Ander's face after the refusal - Morganna would not allow such a thing even if it were possible. Of course, Crane's word is far from reliable here anyway. In any event, it's likely to be a moot point in another couple DMs anyway. Speaking of which, while I like interaction, I would like to point out that I do have your joint DM finished already Gorgondantess/Baerdog7. Making more posts until I get a DM up is only going to make more work for me and delay things as I struggle to rewrite things to account for your sudden additions.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

16. - Top - End - #286

DMs posted!

17. - Top - End - #287

Speaking of which, while I like interaction, I would like to point out that I do have your joint DM finished already Gorgondantess/Baerdog7. Making more posts until I get a DM up is only going to make more work for me and delay things as I struggle to rewrite things to account for your sudden additions.
    Yes, well that's half the fun right there isn't it?

Edit: Oh good, I was worried there weren't enough Fiend Lords running around destroying my city.
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2012-10-14 at 09:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Yeah, pretty much the gang's all here, save for Daz'kick, who is busy making suits of suicide armor for the humans invading the Heavens, Ek'ra, who can't move, and the Faceless One who is off somewhere doing very bad things. The devils are all suspiciously absent, however, so at least Ander doesn't have nineteen more fiend lords to deal with. Hrm . . . twenty Fiend lords on the wall, twenty Fiend lords, you trap one and smash his soul, nineteen Fiend Lords on the wall.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, I have a question about Glurdalak, The Seething Darkness and Skithiss The Skittering Chaos.

Beyond the range of your light, a massive spider the size of a wagon suddenly crawls into sight on top of a building. Instead of eight eyes, however, this beast had eight heads, eight humanoid faces equipped with gaping mouths and slavering fangs. As the spider leaped down from the building, the darkness beyond the range of your light settled onto it, forming a second layer of dark, oily armor. For a moment, Skithiss and Glurdalak are obscured from sight by the intervening buildings, but then they burst out into the street, charging directly for you and Welkin!
    The character description can be understood, to be like a spider, but it seems it is only one character, but to name 2 characters. I am a little confused if it is the situation of a second character not being explained.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

20. - Top - End - #290

Skithiss is the giant spider and is charging towards Lukina and the others. Glurdalak is the cloud of darkness over the city, and it has chosen to indirectly join the fight by covering Skithiss in a layer of living darkness. This living darkness acts as additional armor for Skithiss, and (for the moment at least) protects him from Lukina's aura of light. Eventually the layer of darkness will be burned away, but the two Fiend Lords intend to have Lukina dead by then. More focused light/magical attacks will be able to penetrate the barrier of darkness around Skithiss faster, and he's still not invulnerable to harm.

Is that a bit better of an explanation? I'm afraid I didn't do too good of a job describing that scene - sorry.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

So, i have no idea what's going on in Ironheart right now. I've been smutting around with another game like the game smut I am.

I'm back, I have Bramble's next post's plot point knocked out, I just need to actually write it.

As the Rastafaarai say, soon come.

<3 Tae

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Skithiss is the giant spider and is charging towards Lukina and the others. Glurdalak is the cloud of darkness over the city, and it has chosen to indirectly join the fight by covering Skithiss in a layer of living darkness. This living darkness acts as additional armor for Skithiss, and (for the moment at least) protects him from Lukina's aura of light. Eventually the layer of darkness will be burned away, but the two Fiend Lords intend to have Lukina dead by then. More focused light/magical attacks will be able to penetrate the barrier of darkness around Skithiss faster, and he's still not invulnerable to harm.

Is that a bit better of an explanation? I'm afraid I didn't do too good of a job describing that scene - sorry.
    Thank you, I think I understand.

It was also noticed, I don't think Lukina is at [The Village of Woodhall] now, too.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2012-10-16 at 04:49 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Number of times Overwilliam has broken his promise to post: 934
    Number of DMs before I take matters into my own hands: 2

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Why do I get the feeling that will affect the rest of us as well?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Oh Lonna....

Spoiler
    Show
    You know nothing, TechnOkami.
    Oh, and my Extended Signature.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #296

DMs posted!

27. - Top - End - #297

DMs posted!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    (Assuming I can't edit this DM before you post, assume that you see Ander approaching and can interact with Baerdog7 with your next post)
    It seems it is an important timing for Lukina. To meet with Ander (Baerdog7) is a good thing, even if it is at a dark timing. But also it is difficult, because for Lukina to meet an Angel is also a very important thing too. However, somehow to do both may be difficult at the same time, I think.

I think the meaning is that, you are changing the DM post a little? Because it takes some time to write this post, I can wait if it is desired to make a change.

29. - Top - End - #299

Good point. I had the angel there because I thought Baerdog7 might have Ander go after Hephestia, and thus not be available right away. Instead we'll just have the two of you meet this round of posts.

Note that due to Hurricane Sandy and such, I may disappear for a while. So there may be no DMs this week if I'm left without power.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Hope you and your family keep safe.