Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Return to Ironheart OOC

Nice. Sometimes weird, but they're crazy alt-theme songs, they're allowed to be weird. Supposed to be, even.

Only one complaint: someone got left out! Was Mar not rockin' enough?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

No, she's not. That's what she gets for being the shy, square girl dancing half-heartedly in the corner by herself.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh crap, I was afraid I'd missed someone.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Edit: Also, The_Snark must suffer, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2012-11-15 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

DMs (finally) posted! And with them, the re-introduction of a character near and dear to every one of my veteran players' hearts (Gorgondantess's DM, if you're curious). Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, I may also be able to post the next set a bit earlier than usual this week. So . . . I suggest you get your posts in now, rather than wait as *some* people around here do.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2012-11-18 at 05:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Lightning to the everything much, jeez. <_<"
    Be calm. Take your time.

Oh, and my Extended Signature.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

As a note, Rosenberg is fine - well, okay, he's still alive and probably rather pissed off. Assume, despite it being rather painful, has about as much effect as those cartoons were people get blown up and come walking back in with their faces covered in soot (which is to say, it has no real effect at all).

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Oh I know, I was just teasing.
    Be calm. Take your time.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome to Ironheart!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quick update: I will be out of town from the 21st to the 25th, and will likely not be posting, as I'll mostly be using my iPod for music purposes.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Now, most of the fresh meat are all in one place. The easier to torment us.
    I will be going out of town and will have no internet connection until the first week of January. Thank you for your understanding.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    Now, most of the fresh meat are all in one place. The easier to torment us.
    Speak for yourself, I got hit by bloody lightning.
    Be calm. Take your time.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Speak for yourself, I got hit by bloody lightning.
    Oh, boo-freaking-hoo. Have you even read, like, The Snark's first 2 DMs? Getting hit by lighting is a tingly massage compared to that. And it only gets worse.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-11-20 at 02:47 AM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classic Cthulhu by RTGoodman

Critical Failures by Strawberries & Captain Happy, respectively.

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Oh, boo-freaking-hoo. Have you even read, like, The Snark's first 2 DMs? Getting hit by lighting is a tingly massage compared to that. And it only gets worse.
    Hey hey, noobies get to complain as they get slowly dipped into liquified torture without realizing it.
    Be calm. Take your time.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Yep. It's the first time that you complain about. Then you just become used to it. Works for everything really, including torment.
    I will be going out of town and will have no internet connection until the first week of January. Thank you for your understanding.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

See above for my retort to the (justified) new-guy whining. And quite a lot of new players do protest before they get used to it - my favorite was always Lonna's - bleeping soul crystal indeed!

And in regards to The_Snark, this is still kids gloves. Escape was the only time I was actually mean to poor Mar.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

(...you all know I'm just playing around, right?)
    Be calm. Take your time.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

(Yup! It's all in good fun. If you don't complain, then clearly I'm not beating you hard enough! Just like my hatred for OverWilliam, and THE_SNARK MUST SUFFER!!! )
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2012-11-20 at 06:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

(Oh no, not the Snarky-Snark! She's too Snarky to Snark that much Snark! It's Unsnarkable!)
    Be calm. Take your time.

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    And in regards to The_Snark, this is still kids gloves. Escape was the only time I was actually mean to poor Mar.
    "So after you've been broken and reshaped, body and soul, into a terrified child whose only goal in life is to get through each day without displeasing her captors..."

It's all been uphill from there! More or less. I don't know if that's uplifting or depressing.

Although really, a lot of the Escape intros were brutal. "You have been in the torture chamber for two days now..." "After months of restless, nightmare-filled magical slumber, you awaken to find yourself facing an inhuman Judge..." "You begin as a small pile of ashes inside a consecrated urn, sealed inside a cell deep in the bowels of Ironheart..."

Back in our day, barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways, get off the lawn, mumble mumble etc.

*cough* Anyway! I'm sure it warms the cockles of Inspectre's cold, dead heart to hear your complaints and laments. He'd worry that he's doing something wrong, otherwise.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Barbarian in the Playground

(Yup! It's all in good fun. If you don't complain, then clearly I'm not beating you hard enough! Just like my hatred for OverWilliam, and THE_SNARK MUST SUFFER!!! )
    Ah, it feels like home.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground

See above for my retort to the (justified) new-guy whining. And quite a lot of new players do protest before they get used to it - my favorite was always Lonna's - bleeping soul crystal indeed!

As I recall, I used that particular phrase both because I was young and inhibited enough not to want to swear in a public forum, and because I was naive and sheltered enough that I couldn't think of a swear word strong enough for my dismay at finding my character bound, gagged, and muffled head to foot in a thick leather sack, not to mention being stuffed into a giant soul crystal. Of course, the veteran players (and most of my fellow new recruits) had no sympathy whatsoever... and in retrospect I can't really blame them, considering that I was probably one of few who had no physical injuries starting out.

Of course, I have lately been taking notes on all of your complaints - as Inspectre's understudy, it behooves me to know what annoys you so that I can strike it down upon you with great vengeance and furious anger (name that movie reference!) should I ever need to step in for him.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well, if we're supposed to complain, Alons's new woman to woo client was crushed by a tree that was on fire! Where's the romance in that?!

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    Well, if we're supposed to complain, Alons's new woman to woo client was crushed by a tree that was on fire! Where's the romance in that?!
    Hey, at least she got wood...
    Be calm. Take your time.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

*snort* Bahahahaahaha! You're alright TechnOkami! Better watch yourself, you've seen what I've done to people I like.

And yes, at the end of the last thread we discussed what should happen if I were to mysteriously disappear (because I"m so much more likely to just leave the thread hanging to troll everyone instead of doing something as pedestrian as shuffling off this mortal coil ). Lonna stepped forward as someone interested in taking over should that happen, to make sure that this story is finished! As such, instead of keeping all of the game's details rolling around in my head, I"m going to try to put together a packet of notes on what I *think* is going to happen, so she can take over if necessary (no peeking!).

And she may get the chance to do a test run in the near-ish future. I'm going up an age category today (just like dragons ) - i.e. It's my Birthday! *kazoo noises* As one of my gifts, I've been informed that I'm going to go hang out with some of my friends at a cabin (hopefully not this cabin ) for two weeks of camping-in-style. The place will have power, but no internet I've been informed, so I imagine that by the end I will be climbing the walls. I'm thinking that maybe Lonna will take over for me while I'm gone. Fear not, however, for this will not take place until next spring (**** camping in winter) - so we have plenty of time for things to change yet. Maybe Return will even be over by then! (Haha, yeah right).

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

*snort* Bahahahaahaha! You're alright TechnOkami! Better watch yourself, you've seen what I've done to people I like.
    I am so putting this in my Extended Signature.

Also, happy emancipation from the womb day! Eat cake and be merry, lest it's GLaDOS offering the cake.
    Be calm. Take your time.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

It's my Birthday! *kazoo noises* As one of my gifts, I've been informed that I'm going to go hang out with some of my friends at a cabin (hopefully not this cabin ) for two weeks of camping-in-style. The place will have power, but no internet I've been informed, so I imagine that by the end I will be climbing the walls. I'm thinking that maybe Lonna will take over for me while I'm gone. Fear not, however, for this will not take place until next spring (**** camping in winter) - so we have plenty of time for things to change yet. Maybe Return will even be over by then! (Haha, yeah right).
    Happy birthday!
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

O.O So Inspectre was actually born. Lol happy birthday you lovable sadistic bastard you!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Bugbear in the Playground

Happy birthday.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Pixie in the Playground

Happy Birthday Inspectre!

It is also the (32nd!!!) anniversary of my first breath. So it turns out that Inspectre and I are birthday brethren

30. - Top - End - #390

Happy slightly-belated birthday, Inspectre! (And also Tae!)