Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Return to Ironheart OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Baerdog7 View Post
    All he needs is some bishie sparkles.
    Oh crud. Did I just read that as "sparkle like diamonds in the sun"?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Kasanip is from Japan. That her drawing is Japanese-style should not surprise. :p

GuyFawkes... No. No. Umber will *literally* punch through time and space and strangle you and/or your character if you continue that line of thought.

To give some context - I created Umber partially as a protest against the whole "Twilight Vampire" concept. The exercise was to say that "hey, being a horrible sociopathic monster is fun!" Also, to demonstrate that angst is not a necessary component of a vampire story.

Admittedly, a little bit of angst and romance has crept in. But I think it's mostly justifiable. And Umber's story is still one of the least depressing of all - mainly because of Umber's attitude.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2012-09-08 at 01:13 PM.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight777 View Post
    Well, Kasanip is from Japan. That her drawing is Japanese-style should not surprise. :p

GuyFawkes... No. No. Umber will *literally* punch through time and space and strangle you and/or your character if you continue that line of thought.

To give some context - I created Umber partially as a protest against the whole "Twilight Vampire" concept. The exercise was to say that "hey, being a horrible sociopathic monster is fun!" Also, to demonstrate that angst is not a necessary component of a vampire story.

Admittedly, a little bit of angst and romance has crept in. But I think it's mostly justifiable. And Umber's story is still one of the least depressing of all - mainly because of Umber's attitude.
    Too bad current Umber can't back up that threat right now. Lol! I kid.

No need to be explain, man. I read through Umber's profile and a bit of the two previous games so I know a bit of how he is. It was just the word sparkle. You had to see that one coming.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    Too bad current Umber can't back up that threat right now. Lol! I kid.

No need to be explain, man. I read through Umber's profile and a bit of the two previous games so I know a bit of how he is. It was just the word sparkle. You had to see that one coming.
    Death is a door. It opens both ways.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

That seems to be something most of the veteran cast is going to find out, if they don't know it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

That seems to be something most of the veteran cast is going to find out, if they don't know it already.
    Considering Pyria/Pyrene/Jacqueline has lived umpteen-something lives, I'd say she is firmly in the camp of knowing already.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    Considering Pyria/Pyrene/Jacqueline has lived umpteen-something lives, I'd say she is firmly in the camp of knowing already.
    A tasteful, understated image of how Umber will return from the grave, rendered in one of the most dignified of media.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2012-09-08 at 06:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Death is a two-way door, but there's a frying pan on one side and a fire on the other.

Edit - Umber has to find a rainbow unicorn now. Seriously.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2012-09-08 at 07:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Okay, I may have to make a special exception for that one. Because even I have to admit that Umber riding in to save the way on a unicorn with rainbows shooting out of its arse is just hilarious.

On another note, DMs will be coming tomorrow.

On another another note, during my most recent trawling about of Youtube for musical themes, I stumbled across this gem. It's a bit different from my usual choices of ANGRY/SAD METAL! themes, but I feel as if it should be the theme for someone. Or as Lonna suggested, perhaps the overarching theme for Ironheart in general.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    Okay, I may have to make a special exception for that one. Because even I have to admit that Umber riding in to save the way on a unicorn with rainbows shooting out of its arse is just hilarious.
    This. Just this.

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    On another another note, during my most recent trawling about of Youtube for musical themes, I stumbled across this gem. It's a bit different from my usual choices of ANGRY/SAD METAL! themes, but I feel as if it should be the theme for someone. Or as Lonna suggested, perhaps the overarching theme for Ironheart in general.
    If Ironheart were an anime, that would be the end credits song.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for Kasanip to do a sketch of Bramble.

Pretty please with extra cream and sugar and a cherry on top???

Here's her appearance description again...

Spoiler
    Show

Bramble stands about seven feet from horn to hoof, with a lot of wiry, bony, unwashed, leather-clad demon bitch between. Her skin, once a continuous paint slick of crimson, is mottled with the crusty black and oozing red of healed and healing burns, especially across her arms and face. Basic, coarse, humanoid facial features twist slightly towards the grotesque with horny scaling outlining her cheek and brow bones, and a too-wide grin stretching to uncover too-sharp teeth. Her eyes are standard issue with red irises. A ratís-nest of black hair is tied messily to the top of her head, singed pieces sticking out here and there like porcupine quills, a patch or two of burnt scalp visible. Her utter disregard for vanity is betrayed, however, by her horns. Two perfect arcs crown the disheveled demoness, points reaching for one-another like lovers across a chasm, polished, gleaming - perfection from crimson root to black tip.

If you have a chance and the inclination Kasanip...I would be forever grateful <3

-Tae

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tae View Post
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for Kasanip to do a sketch of Bramble.

Pretty please with extra cream and sugar and a cherry on top???

Here's her appearance description again...

Spoiler
    Show

Bramble stands about seven feet from horn to hoof, with a lot of wiry, bony, unwashed, leather-clad demon bitch between. Her skin, once a continuous paint slick of crimson, is mottled with the crusty black and oozing red of healed and healing burns, especially across her arms and face. Basic, coarse, humanoid facial features twist slightly towards the grotesque with horny scaling outlining her cheek and brow bones, and a too-wide grin stretching to uncover too-sharp teeth. Her eyes are standard issue with red irises. A ratís-nest of black hair is tied messily to the top of her head, singed pieces sticking out here and there like porcupine quills, a patch or two of burnt scalp visible. Her utter disregard for vanity is betrayed, however, by her horns. Two perfect arcs crown the disheveled demoness, points reaching for one-another like lovers across a chasm, polished, gleaming - perfection from crimson root to black tip.

If you have a chance and the inclination Kasanip...I would be forever grateful <3

-Tae
    I'm sorry, I can't do this. I can't imagine of this player character.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

14. - Top - End - #134

Today is the day I refresh my subscriptions folder until my F5 breaks.

15. - Top - End - #135

DMs posted! Enjoy.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2012-09-09 at 06:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't do this. I can't imagine of this player character.
    That's okay

17. - Top - End - #137

Hey Inspectre, here's what I'm thinking for the new Council:

Speaker: Ander Windrivver

Exarchs:
    • Chief Minister Tyra - The only remaining exarch from the old Council and the one most familiar with the Church's inner bureaucracy. As Chief Minister, Tyra is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Church's holdings and incomes.
    • High Sage Winril Milner - Winril Milner, former Grandmaster of the Guardians of the Eternal Mystery, was brought out of retirement by Ander Windrivver to serve on the new Council of Exarchs. As High Sage, he is the guardian of the Church's collective knowledge and is responsible for conducting research into new magical techniques that may be useful to the Church.
    • Archbishop Benedict Kranmer - A proud, but nevertheless devoted, man, Benedict Kranmer has served as Archbishop of the Church for many years. Ander invited Kranmer to sit on the new council to represent the priesthood.
    • High Inquisitor Randolph Luxford - An extremely driven, flinty-eyed man, Randolph Luxford takes his responsibility of rooting out fiend-worship and heresy very seriously. He represents the Church Inquisition on the new council.
    • Acting Exarch Ysora - Since her decision to stay on the mortal plane, Ysora has filled a guest seat on the Council. Her long years and breadth of experience often leads her to act as a mediator and voice of reason during council meetings.
    • Acting Exarch Melissan - One of the branded angels of Project Angelus, Melissan was forced to stay behind after the Battle of Narle. Her primary concern is for the care of her branded sisters but her natural compassion has also caused her to speak up for the many refugees now seeking asylum in Luxien.
    • Lord General - The final seat on the Council is reserved for the current Lord General. Since no new Lord General has been appointed, it remains vacant.
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2012-09-09 at 09:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Dude. Videle is SO much more dangerous than she was acting at first. I don't think anyone has genuinely tried the "more flies with honey" gambit with Tare before. I mean, plenty of people fake it, but not like this. Really, it didn't really matter what tactic she took, as long as she kept trying to "brute force" it Tare was just going to keep arching his back and resisting. Now that she's assumed the position of "Sassy Gay Friend" I honestly don't know how Tare is going to react. Which is really, really awesome. I'm seriously going to have to just start writing it and see what he does! (You have no idea how exciting that is for me as a self-styled writing enthusiast-- I literally can't predict what he's going to do at this point. SO AWESOME )
    And yes, I do see what I did there. ;)
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2012-09-10 at 10:44 AM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

So I got some free time and for some reason, I just went and made a quick sketch of Bramble.

Spoiler
    Show

I lost my soft leads so this one's not so clear, I had to tweak the contrast and brightness and stuff using the simplest picture editor I know to make it actually visible. It's not so obvious, but the right side of her face is supposed to be all but burn scars.

It's not much, but it's a start I guess.

20. - Top - End - #140

Baerdog7 - Works for me! Nice of you to keep our bloated cast down to a managable level - particularly after we already had a whole new crop of Grandmasters.

OverWilliam - Well, yeah - she's meant to be very dangerous and highly intelligent. She's also a devil, which means she's generally more comfortable with "let's make a deal (that I can screw you out of later), rather than COWER BEFORE ME MORTAL FILTH!!" So far, Tare has proven resistant to seduction (twice - once from the aura and once from the offer to play pretend-dress-up), resistant to intimidation, and has said that he isn't the elevator up to the mortal realm that she was hoping for. Pretty much all that's left is talking to him for the lolz over him being such a pathetic sap. Although, of course, she will try to turn that to her advantage later. And if Tare continues to be a stick in the mud she can always go back to vicious harpy mode. I'm glad you're having fun at least. (*That* will end soon enough, I'm sure.)

GuyFawkes - Nice start so far, I would say!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2012-09-10 at 06:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    So I got some free time and for some reason, I just went and made a quick sketch of Bramble.

Spoiler
    Show

I lost my soft leads so this one's not so clear, I had to tweak the contrast and brightness and stuff using the simplest picture editor I know to make it actually visible. It's not so obvious, but the right side of her face is supposed to be all but burn scars.

It's not much, but it's a start I guess.
    Oh, so that is the appearance style!
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh... I have to say, I like Nihlius so far.

23. - Top - End - #143

Heh... I have to say, I like Nihlius so far.
    Agreed. No me gusta letter caps.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

24. - Top - End - #144

Well, that's a huge relief!

I think it's fair to say that he's a rather important character for Return.

Unfortunately, it's always hard to add a character that's "always been there behind the scenes" like Nihilus. It's reassuring that he hasn't yet become grating. People that are not stuck in the past, however, might not be so glad to see him.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

I like him because he seems to share Umber's laconic sense of humor. They can be best smartass buddies!

26. - Top - End - #146

He's Ander's "One Who Got Away" so...I doubt they'll be too friendly.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

He's Ander's "One Who Got Away" so...I doubt they'll be too friendly.
    I'm sure we can re-unite you two lovebirds.

28. - Top - End - #148

I need to go off of Reddit for a while. I saw this and immediately tried to upvote it.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2012-09-10 at 10:01 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

29. - Top - End - #149

Dear Nihlus,

Today I'm going to smash you in the face.

Love,
    Ander

XOXO

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Oh, so that is the appearance style!
    Well, that is how I saw it. You are very much welcome to put up a better interpretation of her.