New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Dryad in a plague torn city

Nike awakes in her room with Aribeth slowly waking her from her sleep. Come on Nike Desther and I are discussing things relating to you. You should be here Once Nike wakes fully up Aribeth leads you to where Desther, Fenthick and two other Hemlites are standing talking.

Desther sighs, Finally, there you are Aribeth. Anyway, Nike, we were discussing what we should do about you. We do not wish to completely hamper you movements as that would be somewhat rude and against the law. However, we are assigning you a body guard to accompany you around the city and to keep you out of trouble. I personally wished for a Hemlite or a City Guard to accompany you but Aribeth is saying that we should bring you to the Roaring Boar and let you hire a savage mercenary to protect you with our already meager funds.

Aribeth objects, Its not that Desther! Your Hemlites are need in the city curing people. They are the best healers we have in these troubled times. My guards are already strapped for work and need every person they have. The mercanaries in that tavern are just wasting away getting drunk. They are probably some of the best combatants in the city. Who else would be better at protecting Nike?

Desther sighs again, Fenthick is unsure who to side with, Desther speaks, Nike, who would you prefer. It should be your decision anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dryad in a plague torn city

Nike looks from one to another. I have seen how strapped you are for help in the wards. I wouldn't want to take from that, much as I would like the protection of a Hemlite. But if the tavern's folk are truly that idle, and truly that talented, perhaps it merits at least a look?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Desther sighs, I suppose then we shall take a look. There is nothing the Hemlites have to do that is more important than guarding 1/4 of the cure to save this city. I shall accompany you there immediately. I see no reason to delay this any longer than it needs to be. With that Desther starts to walk off beckoning you to follow.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike follows!

Spoiler
    Show
    #Nike follows!
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Nike and Desther walk into the bar, the crowd inside seems to be fairly jolly and rambunctious for being in a plague torn city. There are about 10-15 people inside.
    If you make a pun on "They walk into a bar" "Ouch" or something similar I WILL have Desther attempt to murder you
    I shall see who is available amongst these mercenaries. Desther walks over to the man behind the bar and grabs is directed to a somewhat torn sheet of paper posted on the side wall. He walks back over to Nike, Okay it seems that there are actually a few decent choices. First, Linu La'neral an eleven cleric. I believe that is her over there. pointing to a young elf in a robe with long black hair. Sharwyn, a human singer and wandering bard. Probably not good since we want to keep you OUT of trouble. Lets see, Tomi Undergallows... probably the worst pickpocket I have ever seen. I mean he wrote on the list "Assassin" and then crossed it out in and in its place put "Informant/Scout". Not the highest intelligence. Also we have Grimgnaw a dwarven monk, monks tend to be well disciplined I could see him being good. Desther looks around at the crowd and then sees a dwarf chugging two beers at once while dancing, Then again... dwarves... And finally Daelin Red Tiger, an orc which probably means he hits things hard... Oh look under skill description, "Wields a greataxe and proficient in battle". I am shocked truly. He turns to look at Nike. So who do you think might be worthwhile in having beside you? I still think my Hemlites would be better suited for the task.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-09-30 at 01:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike walks over to the elven cleric and flips her hair. Impress me.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

You approach Linu who is sitting in a lone chair sipping an elegant glass of wine. She looks a bit shocked to be asked some abruptly, Uh... O-oh, impre-ees you? U-um okay. She stands up almost knocking over her glass. She then begins to sing, a music tone that gracefully ebbs and flows around your ears as she sings. She finishes her song in about a minute Wa-was that good?

Desther sighs and turns to Nike, Vagueness is not benificial right now Turning to Linu, We are looking for someone who might be able to protect this Fey as she walks around. As well as keep her out of trouble somewhat. I believe she meant with your divine magic not your singing voice.

Linu looks a bit shocked, Oh that makes more sense. Um, do you have any wounds I can demonstrate? Uh, I don't have that many visually impressive spells. I could scry on someone if you want. I am quite proficient in divination magic.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Scry on someone, you say. Could you scry on my friend? He was lost to us in the beggars district. I believe he may have been re-raised as undead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that meta-game? It makes sense that if everyone is becoming undead, so would our party members. Call to you.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Linu nods, U-h sure. I need a fountain of holy water. Mr. Hemlite may I use the temple of Teron Gorefiend for my scrying. Also Ms Fey I need a description of the person I am to scry. With that the three of you head to the temple. And Linu finishes her preparations in front of the fountain, Okay lets find the one named Shard. She begins to cast the spell, which then backfires in a small explosion knocking Linu down. Well, that was weird. I was unable to affect him, his natural resistance to magic was far too great for me to affect.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm. Nike strokes her chin. What skills do you have that might be of aid combating the undead?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Linu looks a bit afraid when you mention the undead, Uh, well I don't really focus in combating undead. I can turn them as most clerics of Teron Gorefiend can. I could prepare my spells to be more damaging to undead if you wish. Should I expect to encounter a lot of undead?

Desther looks displeased by your last couple of questions, Nike I should remind you that your friends are dead. If they have been raised we don't have the resources to resurrect them. You are not allowed to go on suicidal death missions with zero chance of success or no chance of finding a waterdavian creature.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike turns to look at Desther -- True, but a good quarter of the city is under control of the dead. I am here, one of the other waterdhavian creatures is found. Perhaps I could search the fourth district first, if you prefer that.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Desther sighs, It should be safer if you look in the worker's district yes. Much better than you being torn apart by undead. Is this lady's abilities to your liking? I have much work to be done so I would prefer to finish this business up rather soon.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll take you.
    Nike turns decisively to Desther.

Linu will serve acceptably. Have you warded the cure, or can she divine it, perhaps? In either case, we can return to the keep now, and plan our next move.
    Nike says, turning to leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    What time is it? And is it possible to get Linu's current spell list?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Linu nods, Thank you. It will be an honor to help you. May the Benevolent Overlord watch over us for our time together.

Desther smiles, Yes I believe she has already been blessed by my Hemiltes. Miss Linu you shall consult me about your payment. It shall be ready within the next couple of days. With that I shall be off, there is much to be done in keeping this city afloat

It is 10:00 AM, Nike and Linu are currently inside the Temple of Teron Gorefiend the Benevolent Overlord.

Spoiler
    Show
    Her spell list? Yaaaaaa no

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Can you try to find an intellect devourer? It is a species of creature that... Nike trails off and gestures for Desther to explain it. Could you attempt scrying that?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Desther explains the creature to Linu who shakes her head, Um...m sorry, No I can't scry on a creature that I have no connection to. If you brought me part of the creature or an image of the particular creature I would. It would be the same if you asked me to scry a human in this city.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

A pity. Well. What offensive spells or defensive ones have you prepared? Are you handy with a weapon? I need to know now that we not misunderstand before entering the district. Nike also turns to Desther. Could we have an insignia that identifies us to your men, that they may know us as aliies?

Nike pauses at the entrance to the workers district.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nike still has her guard badge.... Also Desther is not following you to the Worker's District
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-10-10 at 02:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fine. Nike never got one, i believe. They got those earlier. In that case I want an overview of Linu, then we can enter the district.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

You enter the district and you find yourself face to face with a large guard blockade. Makeshift Fortifications surrond the worker's district side of the door and they are all armed with weapons. Sentries are watching to see if anyone is heading towards the district gate.

One of the men who looks like he is in charge approaches you and Linu, Identify yourself! You also may not wish to enter the district. The prisoners have broken free and are running wild in the district. The guards don't have enough manpower to stop them.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike flashes her badge. Special guard unit. What prisoners? How many are there of them? What is the state of your troops?
    Nike's intrinsic force of personality comes to the fore as she begins rapid firing questions.
    What is your rank? Where can I get a map of the district? How are the prisoners organized? Are they organized? What is the state of the regular civilians? How far of a perimeter do we have? How long has this situation been in place? Is there any safe places within the district itself? How does my hair look? Has Aribeth been informed? Have you heard any rumors of any
    Spoiler
    Show
    Insert as much as Nike knows about intellect devourers - speaking of which, how much did desther add to her knowledge with his explanation to Linu?
    's ?
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-10-14 at 04:11 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Nike flashes her badge. Special guard unit. What prisoners? How many are there of them? What is the state of your troops?
    Nike's intrinsic force of personality comes to the fore as she begins rapid firing questions.
    What is your rank? Where can I get a map of the district? How are the prisoners organized? Are they organized? What is the state of the regular civilians? How far of a perimeter do we have? How long has this situation been in place? Is there any safe places within the district itself? How does my hair look? Has Aribeth been informed? Have you heard any rumors of any
    Spoiler
    Show
    Insert as much as Nike knows about intellect devourers - speaking of which, how much did desther add to her knowledge with his explanation to Linu?
    's ?
    The guard straightens up and then speaks dryly,The prisoners in the prison... He continues to give a report though. We have no idea on their numbers, upwards of a hundred maybe more. They are not really organized. Mostly holding up in the prison and groups are coming out to kill guards and generally make a mess of things. When its night out they take any easy targets and break into stores and generally just cause a mess of the district.

I am just a captain,
    Spoiler
    Show
    You already have a map
    , We have another safe spot within the district but its only a small guard headquarters were the commander of this district is. Aribeth has been informed but we don't expect her to come out herself. There are other things she has to deal with. No I have not heard of any such creature. Why do you ask?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

No matter. Inform me if you do though. Could I get a layout of the prison? Linu, you ready? How far is the prison?
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-10-14 at 06:04 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming yes to the above.

Nike coughs a few times, muttering an incantation. Then she whispers and gestures and an owl appears, but not just any owl. The owl is fashioned of leaves and brambles. With a quick word, she sends it out forward, and it vanishes over the palisade.

Eyes and ears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Speak with plants, SNA 1

Assuming nothing right outside the gate, Nike walks out cautiously.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Your scout tells you that the city is bustling and in the market place there are still citizens buying things and selling in the marketplace. Many of the windows in the district are shattered and broken and people seem to be rushing in a bit of a controlled panic. But for the most part nothing is that out of the ordinary.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike nods, digesting the situation. How far to the jail, how many convicts were there, and can you give me a floorplan?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

The guard still formley gives you the information, We don't have the exact numbers or blueprints. The commander may have some blueprints and more accurate data over in the HQ section I told you about earlier. The prison gate is about 10 minutes from the the entrance to the district. Its probably another 5 minute walk to the actual prison.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

How far to the HQ?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

About 15 minutes