New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Team Maaya: The Hawk and the Ox

DM

Maaya remains nearby, but provides no commentary unless pressed. Given that Takuya had already expressed his opinions, she does suggest one thing. "Since it's late, it's probably best to follow things up in the morning. You kids can get some rest, and I'll take first watch over the house. We'll do four hour shifts after that: Momo, you're up first, then Takuya, and finally Manabu. Good night." With that said, Maaya heads outside to start her watch.

If you follow Maaya's orders, then the night passes without incident. Each of your watch cycles are uninterrupted, and quiet. No thugs show up tonight, and nothing seems to happen.

---

The next morning your group is treated to breakfast made by the young lady of the house. Remi's strangely already ready to leave for the day. Her long silky black hair cascades down her shoulders to terminate in a well loved bundle of curls. She's wearing a rather thin black shirt and miniskirt combo, but her soft curves are covered by a thick and rugged denim jacket. The jacket's probably four sizes too big for her, and almost covers more than her miniskirt. She lacks make-up, relying on her natural beauty and charm to cover that, but she does have a pair of small golden dragons hanging from her earrings. The girl's clearly wearing far too little and is dressed far too glamorously for a young lady her age, but that's the only way to get noticed in Sunomou.

Remi provides your group with a bland, but edible breakfast. Her father doesn't seem to have woken up yet, and when questioned the young Remi just shrugs.

"Dad doesn't wake up until almost noon. The bar doesn't open until 3 PM anyway, so it works out." She then brings up something rather important to her.

"Well, since you guys are here now, I've got to get back to work. So eat up quickly. I gotta be at the studio early." She smiles brightly, but is clearly in a hurry and would rather speed you along than waste anymore time.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-27 at 02:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Momo isn't up early (compared to the group, at least) but she makes up by adjusting quickly. She eats the food if not with gusto then with an appreciating dedication, and helps with the dishes to hasten the process.

"That's a lovely pair of earrings," she comments while helping out, refraining to refer to the girl's too-little-for-her-age outfit with natural tact.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-08-26 at 03:42 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Remi giggles. "I know what you're getting at, and it's fine. Publicity and all." Her hand goes under her earrings to highlight them. "And these were a gift. From, uh... Kyosuke."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"Pretty," she repeats with a smile, and cleans her hands on a nearby towel.

Kyosuke, she says inwardly, associating the word.

"Hey, uh, do you happen to know that boy, Kyohei?"
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-08-26 at 04:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

DM

"Who?" The girl raises an eyebrow at the strange question, but then shrugs and writes it off. "Sorry, I don't know who that is."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Manabu is up on watch when Remi gets up. He isn't paying much attention until he's officially off watch and the others are awake. He watches Remi while he eats brekfast, trying to pick his brain. She was so familiar dressed up like that. Why? Why did he get this intense sensation of deja-vu? And then she mentioned the studio. "OH MY GOD." He says, nearly choking on his spoon.

Coughing, he sets the spoon back down on his dish and bangs on his chest to try and recover quicker. "I know who you are! You're Remi from Queens of Flowers!" He looks around at the rest of his team. "Do you guys not pay attention? Their lead single hit number one last week? Remi is the lead singer!" He gets all red-faced. "How did I not recognise you?" He slaps his own forehead. "This explain so very much."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The girl smiles and blushes brightly. "Heehe. Ya. We're recording, but things have, well... You know." She has a sudden burst of inspiration, and claps her hands together. "Do you guys wanna meet the band? They're probably hanging around the studio somewhere, so if we get there early we could talk a bit."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"YES!" Manabu outbursts before quickly catching himself. Clearing his throat he speaks again. "I mean, we are supposed to be keeping you safe. I think accompanying you and keeping an eye on your general day to day activies quite covers that." Anyone with even half a brain can see that he's trying not to bounce up an down in his seat.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Remi looks toward Maaya. "Can I take him with me?" Maaya just shrugs, finishes off what little of her breakfast remains, and gets up to leave with Remi.

The songstress looks down at Manabu and gives him a bright smile. "Looks like we can go on ahead. Oh!" She turns to Momo and Takuya. "Do you two wanna come with us?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Momo looks at Manabu and simply blinks. She hadn't thought of the kid as one for following popular culture, but now that she thinks of it... why did she think that way, she doesn't know. Most people did it. Hence, popular culture. Shrugging, she leaves the issue.

"Wow, you sing in a band? I used to sing too, you know, but obviously not as good or professional as you," she says, dismissing herself with a flick of an hand.

She joins the rest for the studio.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Remi seems genuinely surprised. "Really? I'm surprised. I didn't know ninja got time off to learn singing!" Remi speaks in a light-hearted and teasing tone. She grasps the young Uchiha by the hand and starts dragging her outside. "Come on, come on! We'll need to do a duet sometime."

Whether all the genin follow or not Remi heads out into Sunomou with the irreverence of youth. Sunomou remains much the same even with the sun rising high in the sky. The dirty streets didn't magically change with the sunrise, the "ladies of the evening" ply their trade even during the day, but one thing did change with the coming of the light: The streets are now littered with con-men with card games, shell games, and all other kinds of ways to separate fools and their money.

But Remi either doesn't care, or doesn't judge these people. She waves at a passing hooker more than twice her age. "That's Saya-chan. She's trying to raise six kids you know. Too bad things haven't worked out for her recently.". Remi chats with many prostitutes, con-men, thugs, and all manner of unsavory characters other girls would avoid like the plague. Many of them wave as well, several give her hugs, and one particularly burly man covered in tattoos and scars hands little Remi a large picnic basket. The young songbird has retained a warm and inviting smile all throughout the group's journey.

DC 15 Spot check
    Spoiler
    Show
    A watchful eye reveals that you're being followed at a rather long distance. A group of five thick-necked gangsters trail the girl at a very respectable distance. They keep far enough away that they don't seem like a threat.

--

Finally your group arrives at a rundown squat building with the words "Morimoto Studios" written across the side in flaking paint. Remi balances the massive picnic basket in one hand, and her other hand points toward three youngsters standing in front of the building's aging front door. The one closest to the door is a rather well-endowed young lady wearing an all black ensemble of tee-shirt, denim jeans, a tattered jacket, and a baseball cap pulled all the way down to shadow her face. Manabu and Momo recognize her as Goto Yuya, the band's bass guitar player. The second is a short young lady wearing the same kind of jacket as Yuya, but with white dress pants, a light blue blouse, and a bunch of golden bracelets. She nurses a half-burnt cigarette, and her fake-blond bangs obscure her vision of your group. Both the Uchiha and the pint-sized ninja recognize her as Shiokawa Masako, the band's lead guitar. The final band member and drummer, Kamachi Yoko, sits on the sidewalk beside Masako. She's wearing a pair of tight red pants with a matching tee-shirt. Her short dark hair is spiked up, and highlighted with blond at the tips. A single silver earring dangles down from her right ear, and occasionally she fiddles with it as she waits.

Yoko's the first one to notice your group, and she hops up immediately. The drummer nudges Masako lightly with an elbow, and the two of them dash toward your group rather quickly. Yuya just remains behind, apparently asleep based on her slump and stance. As Yoko gets closer Remi quickly hands off the basket to whomever can take it from her.

"Ohnono." Remi's worries are quickly realized as Yoko goes into a flying leap once she gets close enough. The drummer tackles Remi head on, and immediately buries her head in Remi's chest.

"I-was-so-worried-about-you-why-didn't-you-visit-or-call-or-write-or-anything." Yoko displays an amazing ability to talk and breathe through Remi's chest, while also showcasing her unbreakable iron grip. The squished singer just pats her friend on the back and does her best to not get crushed. Masako slows down as she gets nearer, and points toward the genin following Remi.

"Who're these guys?" She asks in an almost accusatory tone, but that changes quickly once Remi explains the situation. Masako goes over to your group and extends a hand in friendship to each of you. "Oh, so you're watching over this little idiot? Alright. Just don't let anything happen to her, alright? She's our only hope to get out of this place."

DC 10 Spot Check
    Spoiler
    Show
    A group of four gorillas in suits hang around an alley just down the street from the studio. They seem to have been there awhile.

DC 15 Spot Check
    Spoiler
    Show
    A watchful eye reveals that you're being followed at a rather long distance. A group of five thick-necked gangsters trail the girl at a very respectable distance. They keep far enough away that they don't seem like a threat.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, definitely," is all Momo could manage when Remi jokes (or was it real?) about a duet and pulls her into the street.

She watches Remi with approval during their journey through the streets, however. Even in a dunghole such as Sunomou, she apparently won the friendship and/or respect of many unsavory characters, and that in itself was an applaudable feat; but as opposed to, say, Momo herself, Remi apparently did it with actual sincerity and good will. Or so she guesses, at least.

When they finally meet the band, Momo is surprisingly pleased to see the people she heard so much about in person, but to a degree. She is still aware enough to notice the four burly men hanging around a street away, for instance. She glances at her companions to see if they noticed them as well.

Still, she is able to shake the lead guitar's hand with a grin.

"Yeah, that's our plan as well."
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-08-27 at 07:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The guitarist's hands have the callouses Momo would expect a guitarist to have. She shoots Momo a sly smile, then looks toward Remi and Yoko's hug. Masako points toward the studio. "We've got about fifteen minutes before the producer starts yelling at us. You guys wanna come in and hear us practice?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course! Just a second though," she adds, and signals her companions to come closer.

"The stealthiest of us should track that group back there to see if they report back to someone, I think," she suggests, whispering.

And just like that, she breaks out and flashes a grin at Masako.

"Let's go."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Manabu stands in awe of the group he now stood in front of. Never had he dreamed he would actually meet the entire Queens of Flowers band. He was going to burst. Not even the thugs around would dampen his mood. Though, it did cause him to bristle up a little bit. He squeaks a little to himself as he shakes the hand of the band's lead guitarist. "I'm shaking hands with Shiokawa Masako and I've met the entire Queens of Flowers. Best. Mission. Ever."

He could only nod as the group was asked to come watch them practice. Being more than a little star-struck. He leaned into Momo when she whispered to him. "There's also a group that's been following us since we left the house. Five guys at a pretty big distance. Don't turn and look. Also, I suck at being stealthy." He is still smiling like a rather large idiot.
    Last edited by Jacior; 2012-08-29 at 04:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Masako laughs at Manabu's antics. "Aw, he's cute. I wanna keep him. What do you think about that little guy? You could tour with us, get free tickets, and be my personal lackey."

The group's jounin shakes her head at that. "Sorry, but he's not for sale." Masako frowns, but Remi just laughs at the whole exchange. Eventually Yoko's untangled from Remi and the three band members go over to pick up their fourth member. Remi motions for the group to follow, but doesn't wait for them.

If the genin follow the band they're treated to a scene of the band getting in place before practice. Remi's standing in front of a long mike-stand, Masako's right beside her with lead guitar, Yuya's near the back with her bass, and Yoko's climbing into the drum pit. After a minute of checking their instruments, tuning, and general prep Yoko starts clicking her drumsticks together.

The band starts, and the melodic pop-punk mix that made them famous flows out from their instruments. Remi seems to be doing worse than normal today, but she and Yuya are capable of carrying the band through even at Remi's worst. Masako sounds like the weak link tonight and makes several mistakes, but Yuya expertly covers them by altering the bass line to match. Even to untrained ears it's plainly obvious that both Remi and Yuya are substantially better than their bandmates, but the looks on their faces say that girls aren't together for fame or fortune. As each one focuses on the flow of music, their love for their craft, and the friendship they have together it's plainly obvious that they're a band because they care for one another. It's also plainly obvious that Remi really is their only chance to break out into rock stardom.

Perform Checks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remi: (1d20+19)[25]
    Yoko: (1d20+8)[21]
    Masako: (1d20+10)[16]
    Yuya: (1d20+15)[29]

DC 18 Spot check
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bassist, Goto Yuya, seems to be walking really oddly compared to the other girls. She seems to be slightly limping and favoring her right leg a lot.

DC 23 Spot check
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's a man, baby! Goto Yuya's walk, shoulders, and face seem to be those of a teenage boy in very, very good drag.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-29 at 07:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Manabu's eyes brighten visibly, the already bright yellow literally brightening at the offer to come with them. He is brought crashing to reality with Maaya's words though, realising them to be true. "I wish I could. But I've got previous dedications." He kind of bowed his head in defeat and followed them inside, still as bouncy as ever. He was going to get to watch them practice! Still the best mission ever. He got to spend a whole with Remi of Queens of Flowers!

For ZN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Their was something wrong with Yuya's leg, maybe she'd hurt it? Whatever it was likely had nothing to do with the fact that she was a he. He waited till after the set to motion for Yuya to come over to the side for a chat. He moved over to the far side of the room before he started talking. "Two questions: What's wrong with your leg? And how many people know about you?" He keeps his voice very quiet.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Before Manabu can pull Yuya aside the doors burst open. A man in a black leather jacket covered in shiny belts, buckles, and snaps saunters through the studio's doors. His boots click as he walks across the waxed floor toward the stage. The tall strawberry blonde man is flanked by three younger men, all of which wear casual tee shirts, jeans, and other clothing appropriate to young rockstars. The lead rocker points toward the stage, then gives the girls a thumbs down. "All of you are still sounding like losers! You girls are lucky Remi is there to carry you, or you'd never make it in this world!"

The strawberry blond's mouth twists into a self-assured grin, but the young men behind him frown at his antics. They're clearly happy for another rock group to come out of Sunomou, but their leader just carries on. "Come on Remi. Join us and you can leave these losers in the dust. With you, our group will be unbeatable!" Remi frowns, and ignores the leather-clad intruder. Remi's entire band pulls together as if they were a wagon train circling their wagons to protect Remi. They don't say anything, but the look in their eyes tells the story: They are not happy.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Manabu considers for a split second drawing his weapon on the intruder that had entered into the building, he'd had his hand on the hilt of ninja-to anyway. Well it was there when the door banged open. But it was just some nameless wanna-be rockers. The white haired boy snorted and let his hand drop. "Here I thought there was going to be trouble, and instead we get a horrible attempt at recruitment by a bunch of talent-less no-names." He rolled his eyes and walked towards the leader. "Why don't you take your cute little no-names and leave? You're upsetting the girls. And I'm fairly sure you can't just come barging in here anyway." He folded his arms across his thin chest and motioned casually with one hand.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

DM

"BAHAHA. You don't know who we are?! I'll show ya kid." The rocker's leather jacket twists as he pulls it open to reveal a tee-shirt with a name on it. "STAR☆LIGHT" is scrawled across the surface in professional letting, but none of the other members are wearing one of those shirts. "Bam! Starlight. We're kind of a big deal!"

Masako rolls her eyes. "Psh. Ya. Ten years ago." The strawberry blond man glares at her, then continues on. "Whatever, so we went through some reconstruction, that doesn't matter! Once we have Remi, we'll be on top! And we will get her!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Manabu was grinning again. Strawberry head was like a clown. Not a particularly funny one, but a clown none the less. "Wow, that's just amazing." He said, putting on a star-struck face, then letting it drop. "I still have no idea who you are. I take the time to read most of the current pop cuture magazines and I don't remember seeing you anywhere." He shrugged. "Pretty sure it qualifies you as no-name posers. No offense, guys who are not making fools of themselves." He nodded to the other members of Starlight. "However, Remi will not be joining you. Your presence obvious is upsetting her and I have to ask you to leave." He smiled again, showing a few too many teeth for it to be considered freindly.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Momo lays a hand on Manabu's shoulder.

"Actually, they were pretty big... ah, was it ten years ago? Before your age, anyway," Momo adds with a smirk. Preserving that expression, she turns to Starlight members.

"I have to agree with my friend here, however, on the fact that you should leave while it's still only somewhat awkward."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The other three members of STAR☆LIGHT try to convince their leader to withdraw, and eventually one of them--wearing a gray tight tee-shirt, with glasses and messy hair--wins him over. He does point toward Remi for one final passing shot. "You'll be joining us eventually sweetheart, so you may as well say your goodbyes to these failures!" With that said STAR☆LIGHT head out the door and leave.

The whole band of Queens move closer to the genin. Remi sighs. "Don't think too badly about those guys. Tonoya is a great guy, but Shojiro's bark makes them seem worse than they are. Really, they're good people."

Masako interjects. "You're being too damn lenient again. Those guys have always been trouble. Sure, Tonoya's pretty cool, but those other losers just wanna harass our poor Remi. Worst part is the manager lets them do it. Says conflict sells tickets! The nerve of that sleazeball."

Yuya and Yoko remain further back from both genin. They don't provide any commentary, but both seem visibly concerned.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Momo palms her face and sighs. "Good people"? How could someone be this nice?

"At least they left. Seriously, these people..." Acting a little more pissed than she actually is, Momo heads for the exit as well.

"I'm going out for some fresh air. You got here?" she asks at her teammates rhetorically, but silently adds as she passes near them.

"I'm gonna tail these guys with Henge."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just before she leaves the building, she tries to find a blind spot, and uses Henge no Jutsu to transform into a cat before going out. Once she's out, she checks where the guys are headed, and also if the formerly positioned two gangster groups are still around here.

-Converting the chakra cost, probably without needing a roll?
    -Taking 10 in Disguise for 25.
    -Taking 10 in Hide for 10 + 9 (ranks) + 8 (size) = 27.
    -HP: 34/35

Anything I missed?
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2012-08-30 at 06:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Momo

Momo finds both groups outside. The group that had been there already are still in the same position, but the group that had been following them has set up shop inside a cafe nearby. They're watching the studio, but aren't being obvious about it.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Manabu frowns. He didn't like this "Starlight" group. But that was likely because their spokesman was kind of a doofus. He shrugged and turned back to the group. "Why don't you and Masako go take a break? I'd like to talk with Yuya and Yoko." He motions the pair over to the side of the room and waits for them to work their way over.

ZN
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So, what's the real deal going on here? Neither of you seem to want to say anything." He says plainly. "Also, Yuya, what's wrong with your leg? You're favoring it rather noticably."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Manabu

Remi looks confused, but starts to walk away. Masako, on the other hand, stands her ground. "If you have something to say to them, then you have something to say to all of us." The lead guitarist grabs her singer by the arm and pulls her back over. "And you shouldn't just obey!"

If Manabu continues on regardless of whether Remi or Masako leave, then Yoko explains for Yuya and herself. "Well, those guys showed up outside my house this morning. So I was worried they were here to do something to us."

Masako looks concerned. "Damnit Yoko. You gotta tell us when stuff like that happens. I bet they're trying something before the big show."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Manabu sighed. "Masako, I was trying to avoid upsetting you further. You're already agitated and I didn't want to stress you." He puts on as much as a serious face as he can muster. "As for that, I do want to speak to Yuya alone for a moment. We aren't even going to leave your sight." If pressed against he scowls and says. "It is a private matter."

Assuming Yuya follows him to the other side of the room, he motions her close and speaks. "Two questions: What's wrong with your leg? And how many people know about you?" He keeps his voice very quiet.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If the gangsters seem to be staying where they do, Momo tails the Starlight fellows to see where they are going. Hide check is, as I put it in the last post, 27.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Manabu

Masako again interferes with Manabu's attempts to get Yuya alone. "Like I said: If you have anything to say to any one of us, then you have something to say to all of us. We're a team, no matter what, right?" She looks back to Remi and Yoko, and both of them nod. Yuya doesn't move to follow, and has said nothing throughout the entire exchange.

Momo

The gangsters certainly haven't moved, and don't seem to be moving anytime soon. STAR☆LIGHT heads out of the building and toward the cafe. They don't react as if they were expecting to be followed, and are very easy to follow as a result. They eventually enter the same cafe as the thugs, but Momo can see through the window that they don't sit down at the thug's table. Instead, they take up seats in the back and order something from the baristas.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-31 at 12:07 AM.