New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 2: Halloween

Kale snorted. "Hell, I think I'm expected to attend. Sophia was my fiancee. Why the bastards can't just let the families mourn in peace I'll never know..."

Kale leaned back with a sigh before sadly starting to unsheathe his knives. He looked at each one as if he was saying goodbye to a part of himself before putting them away in his pack. When he was finished he looked over at Leon trying to glare but unable to.

"There. No felonies or anything. Just a secret military grade body armor that I can pass off as a really good costume unless the Governor has a military developer in his entourage. I'll head on scope it out I'll be on my headset, get information to Jonah, before it starts. I'll scope out potential kill zones, bird's nests, security detail, how well armed they are."

Muttered Kale as he secured a wireless headset to his left ear. He put the HUD contact lenses into his eyes before sliding on his carbon fiber full face mask completing the 'ninja' costume.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"Find me a good bird's nest." Adam mumbles sleepily as he shifts slightly and goes back to snoring gently.
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?
    Bladecutter: We might as well, it's on the way.
    GM: "We might was well" has never been used in that way!
    Bladecutter: Well, we really don't like him...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lycan, if Jonah is really not planning to be at the inauguration, you should give him something to do. Just warning you, without spoiling anything, that the plot starts here.

Savior Indra, this is a rather formal event, similar to a funeral, except with TV crews... Going there in disguise may get you kicked out . No worries, there will be time later to wear your stuff.

@ everyone: Last chance if you want to establish your character as a survivor of the massacre.

Maxwell University, Halloween Massacre Memorial
    October 25, 10:50 AM

The inauguration ceremony was the event of the week. Most students had come, even those who were not at Maxwell yet at the time of the massacre, if only to put on a show of solidarity in front of the media. (The promise of free snacks and coffee had definitely helped.) Several TV vans were parked nearby. Police officers and some of the Governor's bodyguards stood around the edges of the crowd with an eye out for trouble. The new monument's broad, low shape was still covered with a large brown tarp that gave little hint as to what it looked like.

The three front rows were reserved for people who had survived the massacre or lost a loved one in it. There was an empty seat for Kale. To his right was Zach Lewis, organizer of this year's Halloween party; a handsome young man in his early thirties, with wavy brown hair and an expensive suit, who lounged lazily in his chair with a cup of coffee in his hand. To Kale's left was Michelle Warner, head of the student council, a stunning redhead in a black mourning dress. Michelle had lost her boyfriend Gavin and taken a bullet in the leg during the massacre. She had since become something of an unofficial spokeswoman for the victims and survivors. When she saw Kale, she gave him a nod and a half smile; they had gotten to know each other well during PTSD therapy, two years ago.

“You're late,” noted Michelle. “I was wondering if you'd come. Hey, you got a speech prepared? They'll let us say a word or two after the Governor.” There was a folded sheet of paper in her hand. Of course, she had a speech, probably a well-rehearsed one.

Almost all other survivors were there as well. Most were known to Kale, and some had achieved a certain level of fame in the aftermath of the shooting. Mark Edwards, star of the football team, whose broad shoulders barely fit into his tuxedo. Wayne Borden, a tattooed skinhead who was running a controversial campaign for the right to be armed on campus for self-defense against mad gunmen. Sara Crawford, confined to a wheelchair after taking a bullet in the spine while shielding her boyfriend with her body. The boyfriend in question, Soong Ye-jun, now engaged to Sara. Jamie Price, Zach's bored-looking best friend, who had graduated some time ago and appeared to be here only because it was expected of him. Marco Alvarez, who had found Jesus after the tragedy and was now well on his way to priesthood. Ellen Dobson, editor of the school newspaper and Jaime's superior, who was working on a documentary film about the massacre. And dozens of others.

The Governor had not arrived yet, but pretty much everyone else was there. Mr Thompson, the overweight, grey-bearded principal of Maxwell University, was standing in front of the monument and talking quietly with the parents of Sophia, Kale's late girlfriend.

Ellen Dobson spotted Jaime quickly, strode over to her and shoved a video camera in her long-suffering peon's hands. “Where were you? Don't miss anything. You film, I take notes.”

Meanwhile, Leon was rather abruptly accosted by Karen Turner, who was very pale and had dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep. As usual, she wore her Harley-Davidson leather jacket, which drew suspicious looks from the nearby cops. “Hey, man. You got any of it on you?” she whispered urgently, her hand closing around the vigilante's arm like a vise. “Been trying to hunt them myself, but the motherf*ckers aren't easy to find.”
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-08 at 06:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah sighs as some members of the club start to head out to the speech. "Guess I might as well go. I could use a snack; think I heard something about free food."

That was only partially true. His main reasons were his hope that he'd see his professor, or one of his Ashwood Abbey buddies, and could possibly arrange a meeting to discuss certain... private matters. And he was sure he could find a seat in the back where he could read in piece, and drift in and out of attentiveness during the speech.

When Jonah gets to the event, he quickly scans the area for any sign of his professor or his colleagues. He'll give them a nod of acknowledgement, then scurry off to find a seat in the back.

Unless of course he spots Karen grabbing Leon's arm. Then he'll make a beeline over to them, hopefully getting there before they make a scene.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

After having been (presumably) awakened by the others, Adam follows them to the ceremony. Thankfully, archery practice had been cancelled for the occasion. Ironically, it was archery practice running late that had kept him from being at the party when the first shots rang out. Adam sighs and looks around, thinking about how easily it could have been him that night, gunned down at the start of his freshman year...

As the others disperse to their own little corners of social pressure, Adam finds his way to a seat in the back row (and next to an aisle if possible). He feels naked and exposed, having only his knife concealed on him, but takes at least SOME comfort in being out in the sunlight. Not much, but some.
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-08-09 at 01:50 AM.
    -Odentin

Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiiiiit. While Semira's too far away to hear Karen, the look on her face says it all. Sem forces herself to walk slowly and calmly in her direction. She stops in front of the cops nearest to Leon and Karen and starts chatting up the youngest one, trying to block their view and distract them from the wild-eyed boxer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jaime purposefully made sure didn’t leave the building with any other members of the RPG society. It worked well enough as a cover on the university records but she still found it easier to just avoid public associations. She didn’t think the research she had done into RPG’s was enough to pass careful inspection, and it didn’t fit well with her general avoidance of normal social activities due to the pressures of course, newspaper and complaining. It was a lot easier to justify not going to the parties when people didn’t think she was spending hours in a dark room rolling dice. Not to mention if her editor found out she was sure Ellen would dump more grunt work on her.

The caution paid off when she had the camera thrust into her hands the moment her editor spotted her. She calmly smiled, deliberately taking off the lens cap immediately. She didn’t even need to force the smile, the memorial service would be the headline piece and she was glad her name would be attached to it. She hadn’t expected to get the opportunity, she hadn’t been at the university at the time and she had been perfectly willing to let someone with more connection to the tragedy take precedent.

I was getting another camera back of the Neanderthal of our ‘sports correspondent’ team. He still hadn’t returned it from the last football game he covered.” At the slightly baffled look on the editor’s face. “I’m taking the initiative and trying out one of the more competent freshmen, it’s an easy first assignment and even if they leave the lens cap on the entire time we will still have my footage. Besides he has promise.” She didn’t expand that considering how smoothly the new kid, (Mark, Max something like that anyway) had handled the camera when she had gave it him last night that she was sure her footage would be worse. Still the paper didn’t honestly have enough talent to squander good recruits for an entire year.
    “That and I needed to go through who had consented to us filming them, well aside from Michelle of course. Still we all know he’s hardly the human interest section of this story is she? All in all it took longer than I was expecting”
    Last edited by McGonigle; 2012-08-09 at 10:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Leon had been a student at Maxwell when the massacre happened, but he hadn't been at the party. Too busy missing his girlfriend and being antisocial because of it to go.

When Karen appears, Leon reaches into his breast pocket with his free arm and pulls out a small, opaque vial. "You're in luck; I made sure to grab today's dose before I left my room. We need to talk later, though. I told you we don't have an unlimited supply, remember, and the fact that you've been going looking for them alone concerns me," he whispers back, slipping the vial into her pocket. "You need to sleep. Staying out all night looking for trouble is going to get you killed. Have you been keeping up with your check-ups with Vishaka?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure that, since Vishaka volunteered to help patch the Vigilantes up if we got hurt and couldn't go to the hospital for fear of questions, she'd also be willing to perform regular check-ups on Karen, to see what effect the black blood is having on her. Leon would be interested in that not just for Karen's sake, but also for the sake of research.
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2012-08-09 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

9. - Top - End - #39

AssassinGuy

Kale nodded at Michelle, there were few people he respected for their mental strength and grit and Michelle was one of them. Going through PTSD therapy with her had shown him just how strong she was.

Kale smoothed out the nonexistent wrinkles from his suit. He was wearing a John Varvatos wool-cashmere suit with the traditional black and white dress shirt with a black tie. While he had many better suits, Kale felt it wouldn't be tactful to dress better than even the Governor.

"What me?" said Kale with a bark of laughter, shaking his head. "'Eccentric Billionaire speaks at late girlfriend's memorial'? The press'll have a field day. I have some things I want to say."

Kale's features softened as he looked around at the mostly somber crowd before refocusing on Michelle.

"I'll talk to you after it's over. Take care, Michelle."

Kale slowly made his way over to Sophia's parents taking a couple deep breathes as he did. He nodded to Mr. Thompson before cutting in.

"Mr. Neveux, Mrs. Neveux how have you been?" said Kale trying to smile, but unable to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kale is wearing his armor underneath his suit, no gloves or boots but all the other pieces. He has his gloves in his inner suit pocket.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

The hapless young officer Samira had set upon was either the not-chatty sort, the happily-married sort, or the gay sort. Thankfully, his colleagues' old habits of racial profiling led them to keep an eye on the Eritrean. They missed Leon when he slipped a vial into Karen's pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    "You're in luck; I made sure to grab today's dose before I left my room. We need to talk later, though. I told you we don't have an unlimited supply, remember, and the fact that you've been going looking for them alone concerns me," he whispers back, slipping the vial into her pocket. "You need to sleep. Staying out all night looking for trouble is going to get you killed. Have you been keeping up with your check-ups with Vishaka?"
    It seemed to take Karen a massive effort of will to resist grabbing the vial and gulping it down in public.

“Vishakha tries her best, but there's not much she can do,” she said, keeping her voice low. “Her medicine courses don't cover vamp blood addiction. That's why I must find my own supply. Don't you worry about me, you know I could break you in half. And sleep is for the weak, I can go forty hours straight without it. Anyway, thanks for the blood.” She turned to leave. “Just... don't pity me, alright? If I ever see pity in your eyes, I'll tear them out.”

Her friendly tone sounded a bit forced. She looked closer to physical and mental breakdown than she pretended. From up close, Leon realized she needed not only sleep, but also a shower and a change of clothes. Maybe some actual food, too... She had lost some muscle mass since last time.

Quote Originally Posted by savior indra View Post
    Kale slowly made his way over to Sophia's parents taking a couple deep breathes as he did. He nodded to Mr. Thompson before cutting in.

"Mr. Neveux, Mrs. Neveux how have you been?" said Kale trying to smile, but unable to.
    “Kale.” Sophia's father, David, nodded soberly. His hair was quite a bit greyer than it was two years ago and he had gained weight. “I must say, I regret that we only ever meet at funerals and commemorations since Sophia's death.”

Both of Sophia's parents had a liking for Kale. They had met him several times while he was dating their daughter, but they had not learned of his wealth until after the Halloween Massacre, when the news mentioned a rich heir among the survivors. Kale might have effortlessly earned their respect as a match for Sophia if he had told them about his millions, but he had refused to take the easy way and had sought to gain their approval like any other boyfriend, that is to say by being a nice, considerate, intelligent guy whose love was genuine. They seemed to appreciate his honesty and humility, even now that the point was rather moot.

“You're a good young man, Kale,” said Mrs Neveux who, contrary to her husband, had lost weight. “I hope you can move on. David and I won't ever really get over it, since Sophia was our only child and we're too old to have others. There will always be an empty room in our house, and we'll never have grandchildren. But you, you're young, and you didn't deserve to go through this. So tell me you haven't stayed single for two years, have you?” She tried to smile, but her eyes remained sad.

Meanwhile, Ellen was only half listening to Jaime. She nodded absent-mindedly from time to time, busy watching everyone and scribbling notes about what she saw.

“Oh... There's the Governor!” she exclaimed, pointing at the black limousine coming their way.

The limousine stopped at the edge of the crowd and the Governor came out, followed by two more bodyguards and a harried-looking aide. The politician was a tall, thin fiftysomething with greying black hair, handsome for his age, who had apparently left his trademark white grin in the glovebox for the duration of this sober ceremony. He walked over to the front of the monument and shook hands with Mr Thompson. Most people still milling about and talking began to sit down in silence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

11. - Top - End - #41

AssassinGuy

Kale offered a sad smile to Sophia's parents as he shook Mr. Neveux's hand and hugged Mrs. Neveux. They were the closest thing to parents he had since everyone else in his family died. He hated how they suffered since their daughter's death. He hated how he was unable to change it.

"Sophia was my life Mr. and Mrs. Neveux. Both of you know that. She was, is all I have left. I've tried moving on and I... I just couldn't."

A loud commotion distracted Kale as he turned to see the Governor arrive. With a sigh he turned back towards Sophia's parents.

"It looks like the Governor finally decided to arrive. I hope we can talk after all this is over. I would love to catch up."

After hearing the Neveux's response Kale sits down dividing the room into sections that he scans for anything out of the ordinary, silently noting security, any extreme nervousness, the exits to the room and the location of the press.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jaime, couldn't even pretend excitement as she swept the camera up to start filming the limo that was heading towards them. She had more than enough grips with the local government to be able to muster any enthusiasm. Still she dutifully captured the entrance on film, even if she did pan out to the crowd's reactions more than she should. Still having a second camera gave her some liberties, and weirdly she appreciated how much Ellen took her for granted. The hand's off leadership style suited her.

As people took their seats she remained standing, the combination of the simple, respectful outfit and just knowing where to stand to not draw attention meant she doubted she would draw attention, even the bored would be more likely to look at the various bodyguards. Still she felt like she was intruding on a tragedy she never truly experienced, and it wasn't an aspect of journalism she enjoyed.

13. - Top - End - #43

As Karen walks away, Leon shakes his head. "Break me in half, sure," he mutters under his breath. "But one of them? Maybe, maybe not. No matter. She'll do as she pleases until we break her of this. Which could take some time. Maybe I should see if I can synthesize a replacement, instead of just watering it down..." Leon continues muttering as he finds a seat. When the governor arrives, he stops muttering and turns to pay attention.
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Semira slips into an open seat behind Leon. "Karen doesn't strike me as the type to hide her problems," she says, pulling a pen and thin pad of sticky notes out of her back pocket. "But even so, she's not coping well."

Semira glances around the crowd to her sides and behind her, getting an overview of postures and expressions as they react to the governor's appearance. She scribbles down something in shorthand, then continues in a low voice. "As a stopgap, we might be able to set one vice against another. Get her too drunk to wander out and put herself at risk, for example. It's not safe, but it's safer than trying rapid detox or trying to lock her up would be."

Semira keeps looking around as the governor walks to the front of the monument, and jots down the number of seconds between his handshake and the last murmurs from the crowd.
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

15. - Top - End - #45

Leon shakes his head. "This isn't like other vices. With other addictions, you can try distraction and other means to avoid the psychological aspects," he says, keeping voice low. But this stuff is actually used to suborn people's minds. It's more than a physical or psychological addiction. I don't think pitting vices against each other will help in this case. If we get her drunk, we'll just have her being drunk when she goes out. That's going to cause more problems than it solves."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Patrick burst onto the scene. Exhausted after running all the way in an attempt to make it on time. Patrick wished he could say he was fashionably late, but he wasn't. He in fact made a mess of slipping quietly into one of the back rows by making a loud noise as he sat in his seat. He looked nervous as everyone glanced his direction. He quietly smiled and looked nervous. He really hoped someone he knew noticed him. So he could find where they were seated. Patrick as usual chose the best times to arrive late.

Patrick was relatively new to this school. His family moved from Ireland before he was born. He was studying history, with a major in anthropology. His main focus was on religious and occult groups in archaic civilizations. Searching for any knowledge or mythology on supernatural threats. It was safe to say he was a busy student. His work life meant he had to do many "errands". But, he more or less managed to keep up his school life. It was tough but, he was just coping... Barely...

Patrick fired off a text to the "RPG group". Hoping they had their phones on vibrate.

"Sorry I was gone so long. I was ill. Did someone grab my homework for me. I've missed a fair bit."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I came in late. I thought I had subscribed to this thread. But, I hadn't. Please forgive me for my tardiness.
    Amazing profile picture drawn by my wife.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam gives Patrick a disdainful look as he slams into the seat next to him. He says nothing, but shakes his head and returns his gaze to the stage.
    -Odentin

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah misses the exchange of words between Leon and Karen, but he sees enough to know things aren't going well. He makes in to take a seat next to Leon, and frowns. "I didn't quite catch what was said," he says in a low voice. "But judging just from her appearance, body language, and general behavior... I'd say we have a problem, yes?" he asks gravely.

He looks up whenever the crowd starts to murmur and react to the governor. "Oh goodie, the show is about to begin!" he sarcastically snarks with feigned enthusiasm. He then pulls out his book and deadpans: "Now what page was I on?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Mr Thompson cleared his throat for attention.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” he said, “we are here to commemorate the grave tragedy that we remember as the Halloween Massacre. It is a time of grief, a time of anger, a time of remembrance... but also, two years after the event, a time of hope and faith. Hope that we can move on, grow stronger... Faith in ourselves and our future. Tragedies show the best and the worst in all of us. We saw horror and violence, for sure, but we also saw courage and unity. We saw the bravery of Sara Crawford, here, who took a bullet for her boyfriend...” Cameras turned to Sara, who blushed a little, uncomfortable with the attention. “...and we were able to stick together in the face of adversity. Our monument here is not only for the dead... Namely, Gavin Wade, Nathan Rosenberg, Sophia Neveux and Ian Keating...”

At the killer's name, Michelle Warner emitted a low hiss, as if objecting to his inclusion in the list.

“...but also for the living,” continued Mr Thompson. “Us all. Friends, family, survivors. The people we lost are in a better place, but here we remain, and we must go on without them. We still remember, and we still care, as this memorial can attest. I wish to thank everyone who donated to build it.”

The principal turned to the Governor. “Will you do us the honor of unveiling it?”

“Of course,” answered the Governor. He solemnly bent down, grabbed a corner of the huge tarp covering the memorial, and pulled on it.

The crowd fell very silent. Not an impressed silence – a shocked one.

The monument consisted of a Greco-Roman fountain of white granite, currently dry, with a wide square pool. At each corner of the pool was a low pillar, similar to a tombstone: one per dead student. Each bore the student's name and dates of birth and death, a bronze reproduction of the student's face, and a short poem underneath. It was a nice memorial, elegant in its simplicity.

And it had already been desecrated.

Somebody had spray-painted HA HA HA HA HA in red all over the stones, along with little smiley faces. The pillar commemorating Sophia was covered with crude sexual imagery and a misogynistic four-letter insult. The one for Nathan, who had been Jewish, had red swastikas all over it, and a black Hitler moustache was drawn on his bronze face. The poem carved on Gavin's pillar had been utterly smashed with a blunt instrument like a hammer. On top of the fountain's spout, in the center, hung a Nixon mask, similar to the one worn by the gunman. The only part of the monument that had escaped profanation was Ian's pillar, at the base of which a single, perfect white rose had been reverently put. Under the killer's name, the vandal had written in elegant letters: Hero and martyr.

An outraged whisper rose among the spectators. The Governor was about to say something that started with “Fffff...”, but caught himself when he remembered he was being filmed. Zach was a bit more eloquent: “Dude, not cool!” he noted helpfully. Michelle's face twitched with rage. Sophia's mother burst into sobs. Ellen scribbled frantically in her notepad with a strange light in her eyes, as if she found this turn of events more exciting than shocking. TV crews tried to get their cameras closer to give their public a better view of the desecration.

Mr Thompson was brick-red in anger and shame. “This... this is monstrous,” he managed in a strangled voice. “I promise you that whoever did this will be severely punished.”
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-08-10 at 06:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah ignores most of the governor's speech, tuning in and out. When the statue is unveiled, he's too distracted by an interesting passage in his book to look up and take notice. However, when he hears nothing but silence, he realizes something's not quite right. It is then that he looks up, and promptly goes wide-eyed in shock. "Oh... oh wow..." he mutters. "That's... oh... damn..."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Patrick felt anger bubble up inside him, but quickly subdued it. He was better than that. Certainly better than this scum. He was almost certain that the Halloween party would be canceled thanks to this.

"Atrocity" he whispered under his breath.

This was particularily heinous. But, this person was just a vandal right now. Their was little evidence to suggest he was a copy cat murderer... Yet.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, no."

Adam sighs and buries his face in is palm, shaking his head as he averts his eyes from the atrocity. This is about to get ugly, really ugly. Especially once Kale reacts...
    -Odentin

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

Kale saw red. He had only felt such fury once before in his life, and that was when he was holding Sophia in his arms. He had wanted with every fiber of his being in that moment to reduce Ian Keating to utter nothingness. That fury returned.

He calmly stood and walked over to Sophia's stone. He knelt before it, pressed his forehead to the bronze representation of Sophia's and whispered.

"I'm sorry about this Sophia. I'll be right back."

Kale then turned, grabbed his chair, pushed past anyone that tried to stop him and smashed the chair into the representation of Ian Keating's face over and over again until it was unrecognizable. Then he grabbed the Nixon mask , laid it on the ground and stomped on it before pushing past Thompson to the mic.

"WHERE ARE YOU!?! COME OUT YOU COWARD! I WILL KILL YOU. I WILL MAKE YOU BEG FOR DEATH. WHERE ARE YOU!?!" roared Kale into the mic, his teeth bared in a feral snarl, his eyes burning with fury and hatred, his deep voice booming into the room.

EDIT: Grammar, and more description.
    Last edited by savior indra; 2012-08-10 at 10:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Patrick didn't want to step in the way of such rage. He certainly didn't want to presume he could understand the feelings going through his mind. He hoped for Kale's sake no one stepped in his way. He was sure under all that wrath and pure hatred. There was just sadness. Kale needed this in Patrick's books. Kale needed to rip apart that mask and destroy that statue. No one should take that away from him. It would not be fair on him.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Semira drops her pen and gapes when the tarp falls. Then she sinks down into her seat as if trying to avoid notice, snatches her pen up and starts writing furiously. A haphazard pile of sticky notes builds up on her knee as she looks around the crowd, trying to jot down a shorthand description of anyone and everyone who doesn't look shocked.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Oh s***," Jonah moans softly as Kale stands up and starts to walk towards the monument. He cowers down in his seat, lowers his head, and raises his hands to his eyes. "Oh I can't look..." he mutters weakly.

And then the resounding clangs of folding chair on concrete, as Kale unleashes his fury on the "face" of the killer. Jonah flinches with each impact, and a steady stream of whispered curses and swears begin to flow from his lips. "Oh crap, oh s***, damn, damn, damn..."

The crunching and stomping of the mask soon follow, and Jonah still doesn't look up. Jonah knows Kale has every right to react this way. It doesn't make it any less painful to watch, though. Whether he could call Kale a friend or vice versa was questionable, but Jonah knew he was a good guy, and didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve to be seen like this, either. Stripped down to his bare emotion, his heart and pain exposed for all the world to see. Cameras rolling. All those eyes upon him, watching him, judging him.

And then Kale starts screaming into the microphone. Jonah says nothing. He just wants this moment to end as soon as possible, preferably without Kale being hit with a tazer by the governor's bodyguards...

27. - Top - End - #57

Leon looks on as the monument is unveiled, and as people see the vandalism, his face an unreadable mask, except a tiny upward twitch at the corner of his mouth. His face never changes as Kale further vandalizes the monument, before shouting into the microphone. "Well," he says to no one in particular. "This turned out to be much more entertaining than I expected."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by savior indra View Post
    his deep voice booming into the room.
    We're outside. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

While Kale's chair was too light to cause significant damage to Ian's bronze face, his outburst certainly got attention. "Jeez, man," murmured Zach under his breath. Michelle watched Kale with an expression of fierce satisfaction, as if she was tempted to join in. Ellen redoubled her note-taking and glanced at Jaime to make sure she was still filming. Somebody unplugged the microphone, not that it made much of a difference since Kale shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.

Three burly cops converged on Kale. Two of them grabbed him firmly by the arms, while another rested his right hand on the butt of his pistol and reached for his handcuffs with his left.

"Hey, man, cut him some slack," intervened Jamie Price, Zach's best friend, who like Leon had been snapped out of his boredom by the desecration of the memorial. "Sophia Neveux was his girlfriend."

The officer with the handcuffs hesitated. He clearly did not want to be the one to arrest a grieving survivor on TV, but he had a job to do. "Can he behave? If he doesn't calm the f*ck down at once, we'll need to arrest him for disturbing the peace."

Sara Crawford rolled closer in her wheelchair. "Kale, listen," she said calmly. "That was just some douche trying to cause a reaction. You're giving him exactly what he wants."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking though the camera, Jaime missed the unveiling, Max, Nathan, whatever his name was would catch it, instead she had her camera trained on the front row. She had caught the his from Michelle at the mention of the killer's name, she had to say she was happy with that one, that meant she was probably the last person in the area to realise what had been done.

She expected the tears from the parents, but not the rage that was suddenly being expressed by the rest of the front row. Still she didn't look, the first reactions were too important this had to be captured before she could fine out what mess they had made of designing the memorial. She was guessing there was some portrayal of the Nixon mask

When Kale left his seat she didn't particularly want to follow him, but it was a public display and people would talk even if the paper didn't cover it. That's when she begins to see the vandalism, she zooms in on the Nixon mask, moving even closer to get it to take up nearly the entire screen as it is pounded by Kale. Partially since it keeps Kale out of as much as possible, mainly since it's a symbol. Well maybe not now, but she is sure it can become one, the imagery is simple.

While the cops were moving to restrain Kale she had a chance to see how the monument had been defaced and she shivered, only just moving onto Sara again after she started talking. She felt guilty at how excited she was getting, there was no way that Ellen was going to cover the entire of this story any more. It had blown up from a touching remembrance piece into something that would take up most of the issue. She knew that wasn't really the reaction she was meant to be having, as she panned back over the audience again. She let the camera hover on Zach for perhaps a moment too long as she contemplated the party after this she hoped it would be cancelled. If they didn't mind vandalising a monument they wouldn't stop at a party, or even worse. She just had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach as she continued to film.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Patrick, wanted more than ep anything to leave. He however would be arousing suspicion if he did. He turned to Adam, and asked in a soft Irish accent.

"Who would do this."

Patrick pulled a pen and paper out and started making a list of potential suspects. He wanted to figure out possible motives and try pinning this person down. The scene ahead was turning into a disaster. He hoped more than anything that Kale's wrath wouldn't destroy critical evidence. The memorial was officially a crime scene after all and stomping on the mask was not helping. He had a right to do so though and Patrick was sure the police would find something regardless.
    Last edited by Sir_Gabes; 2012-08-11 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Wrong name sorry