New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Liberate Tutame IC

Jhul'e shoulders her whip and answers that question. "In her room. Shivering. She's young, a Halfling, and she's scared and with no weapon skill whatsoever. Jandi put Marrise in there with her with a crossbow, since Marrise seems in a dangerous mood, but I question the utility. Seriously, do you humans put any effort whatsoever in teaching your children how to use weaponry?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Who do you think will scare her the least? I look like a demon, but if no one else will go and talk to her, I will. We want to know what she saw or heard about this. We should also see if anyone heard anything like a chant or something from Wandaaga's room. It might tell us if the silence was cast first, without her realizing it, or if she realized it, but was unable to stop the casting. Either way, we learn more about our kidnapper. We know that he/she can cast spells from a scroll, but is probably not a wizard or cleric, as the scroll was used for a fairly basic spell. So we are dealing with someone who can use magic, but has probably not been formally trained in it. I suspect someone with rogue skills, as they got here quietly, broke in, and used magical items."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #33

"That's a bingo"

hsssssssssssss

"Why did I take a wizard level again? And drow-mistress, we're running a bit thin on Humans here, so keep the racial snarking to a minimum."

Jhul'e looks Inferes in the eye. "I don't think I like you"

"Surplus to requirements! Orders, madam? Your house."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I would have put the Silence on the grappling hook at the very start of the infiltration. Why give her the opportunity to hear you breaking in? But I wonder why the kidnapper(s) needed a Feather-Fall instead of just climbing back down again. Perhaps they had a handful just getting Wandagaa to the window...and maybe had help waiting outside to finally secure her."

5. - Top - End - #35

GreenSorcererElf

"True, however, if they used the silence on the hook, why drop the scroll in the room? How many alchemists would label their potions in Draconic. Does the bottle have a maker's mark that anyone recognizes? We may learn something from asking, even if that knowledge is that they are competent. You have a good point about the use of the feather fall potion. Perhaps the kidnapper lacked the strength to carry her down the rope."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Handing the scroll and flask back to the Elven girl, her face growing darker, "Oh don't you worry Matt sweety, if it is some kind of message, we will be returning the favour. The only other woman that would have the gall, that I know of, to try something like this is Silver Allie. She calls herself 'Madame Allinaris Tumaharay' these days. She runs that pathetic excuse of a house, the Chambre de Satin Plaisir in the Northern district. Esseandra spits as she heads for the stairs, muttering under her breathe.

Turning just before ascending, "I'll look in on Aluhana. I need to make sure she understands that I will be doing everything I can to get Wandaaga back safe and sound, and that I'm making sure that everyone will be safe from now on." she says, her voice seeming more musical and lulling than before.

Spoiler
    Show
    The muttering was Esse activating her Beguiling Influence.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-08 at 07:12 PM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't care if you are closed today. I was summoned, and I will see Mistress Esseandra!" A side door opened, and in marched a dwarf dressed in heavy leathers, with a pair of black lenses over his eyes. Wait, not a dwarf. His skin is far too pale for that. He was a Duergar, A Deep Dwarf. Strapped to his back was a massive greatsword, clearly of excellent make. Behind him were two of Esseandra's girls. One of them had been dispatched to find him, as it was remembered that Cadfeal had helped them in the past. The other was assigned to watch the side door used for Esseandra's customers who required a more discreet entrance. She was new.

"My appologies Madam. I came as soon as this young lady found my residence, but I was somewhat delayed by her friend here." He gave Esseandra a quick bow, and then turned towards the girl who had prevented his entry. "Perhaps part of your instruction for new girls should be to inform them of your various associates, however."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh Cadfeal, it's good to see you again, though I had hoped that we wouldn't need to do business again. And I am sorry, but we are on strict lockdown, and seeing as I have only just arrived myself I had not even thought to inform the girls that some of the more... forceful of my associates might be turning up" Esse says to the pale street tough.
    "Wandaaga has gone missing. Have you heard anything on the street about anyone wanting to hurt any of my girls?"

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

9. - Top - End - #39

Cadfeal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You haven't, but you have heard that "Silver Allie" has put her own house on lockdown abruptly this same morning and called in thugs and guards from her associates in the Sharp Tools gang. And yes, I'm continuing a theme of having most of the gangs in the setting having really stupid names.

((also Warlock Invocations, by RAW and confirmed by errata, NEVER have a verbal component. The DM may house rule that Baleful Utterance and Word of Change may be interpreted as having them. I'm not.))

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm afraid nothing of that sort's come by. But I'll tell you this: Your old friend Silver Allie's closed for the day. Apparently she's been calling in her favors from the Sharp Tools for a little added security. Course, we both know she wouldn't be calling in favors for something so simple. I'll bet she lost a girl too." Cadfeal turned towards the group trailing behind Esseandra. Quite a mixed lot. "Who are these then?"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

11. - Top - End - #41

"Inferes von Mannteufel, Pervert" says Inferes gaily.

hsssssssssssss

"Yes I did introduce you."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Names Matt, they call me the Mad. Mad tinker and explosives expert. I also do medical."
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

13. - Top - End - #43

GreenSorcererElf

"Lillith von Mannteufel, enchantress and thief, pleased to make your acquaintance Cadfeal"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #44

((Missed Red completely. AND, Internet swallowed my post last night))
    Red:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do know that all the women missing in the riverside area have been in the 18-21 age bracket, and in good health. Funny thing to know, but well.

Around a corner and out of sight of the House, you find a blanket, and the wheelruts of what you can tell by the tread to be a rather swish coach.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Red

The warforged checks under the blanket for anything that might have been dropped, then heads back to the whorehouse with the blanket in hand. He heads inside, and shows the blanket to Esseandra. Bums were people of habit, and that meant he was likely near the whorehouse often.

"A noble's coach picked up someone wearing this outside. Do you remember any bums around wearing this?"

Regardless of Esseandra's answer, the Warforged speaks his mind about the situation. His voice is low and sounds like a human that ate cigarette butts for lunch and dinner everyday.

"There weren't any other bums around, so I think they were scared of someone or something in this area. All the missing women were young and healthy. That means they're needed alive and useful. I'd say slavers."

16. - Top - End - #46

A plump young Halfling girl (Aluhana) abruptly brusts from a doorway and glomps Esse. "Oh, mistress, mistress. It was him. I'm sure it was him. If not him personally, someone he paid!"

((Also, its one of Waandaga's blankets))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Luke Rivers, counsellor and sage," the cleric answers when introductions are in order, still not dropping the act of serving St Cuthbert.

"Give me a look at that potion, it may be that I recognise the markings. Certainly it is... unusual to label your wares in a language more commonly associated with other alchemists, i.e. people unlikely to be customers, than anyone else."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore check! (1d20+7)[17]

Luke's attempt to examine the bottle is made a little more difficult by a low flying halfling, whom he promptly turns to, searchingly. Though, for now, he resists directly being the one to ask "which him", given that the girl was quite clearly already more closely associated with and trusting of madam Esseandra than of her newly appeared foreign advisor.
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2012-08-10 at 10:55 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

"Who is He, young lady. Please tell us." Inferes starts forward, Pervert leaning forwards curiously on her shoulder.

Aluhana turns and screams. "AAAAAH! It's a Demon! And It's got a snake! And it's wearing cross-gartered leggings six months since they were in season!"

Inferes looks at everyone. "What? I haven't had time to shop lately what with all the seducing and killing and torturing I've been-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

hsssssssssssssssss

"I'll stop talking now"

19. - Top - End - #49

GreenSorcererElf

"Good move sis, we might be just a bit worrysome for her. That is why I suggested someone more... normal handle talking to her. (to Aluhana) Don't worry, we are here to help you, not harm you."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #50

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Aluhana tries to bury herself in Esseandra's assets. "This ones got tattoos!"

21. - Top - End - #51

GreenSorcererElf

Enough of this, we need information, not a terrified wreck.

"Aluhana, We don't mean to scare you, we are trying to help, we are your friends. Can you tell us what happened?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    while saying this, conceal spellcasting charm person(dc 16) sleight of hand(1d20+6)[9]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #52

Will save: (1d20+1)[7]

"Oh, whO aRe you? SOmehOw I fEel I shoUld do yOu foR Free. Or at leasT On cRedit."

"You're an underhanded witch of cruelty and manipulation, sis."

hssssssssssss

"I was being nice."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt shakes his head. Magic. Why does everyone try and solve all their problems with magic? Anyway, he looks no diffrent then a human, you'd have to be pretty well versed in abberations to tell the diffrence. So, maybe he could try something?

Breifly mixing some stuff together, (And speding 1 Innovattion point) he makes something ina little bottle. It smells of cinninmon and roses. He hands it to her.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

GreenSorcererElf

"Aluhana, what happened to make you so scared?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #55

((I won't do the random capitals thing anymore as it's annoying for everyone))

"She's gone. I know he took her. I know it. And there are demons in the House. And a walking statue." She points at Red, horror struck. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Save me!" She tries to hide from Inferes and Red at the same time and winds up sort of spinning Esse around.

"I'll go....away shall I? And do....not-evil things. Like talking to the girls. See if there's somebody more coherent. she disappears back down the hallway and downstairs.

((Just because you've charmed her doesn't mean she's not still scared of everyone else. and with that sleight of hand roll, I'd everyone with a Wis of higher than 7 noticed you cast.))

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Red

Red just glares at the halfling, which is a feat in and of itself as he lacks the eyebrows necessary to glare. "I am not a statue. Where is this man you're referring to?" Red didn't care who he was, but he did secretly hope it was someone powerful and capable of hiring strong mercenaries. The warforged only wants to know where to go so he can start fighting.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Say, Aluhana. While these two seem scary, they're not so bad. Besides, would your boss bring them here if she thought you'd be in danger? She has one hell of a protective streak for you girls. Now, I'm a bit of a alchemist, and I think ladies like perfumes and such, right? Whiped this up here, would you like it?"

Matts trying to calm her down, and he's speaking as nicly as he can to her. At the end of it, he tries giving her a little bottle, filled with perfume he made just a little while ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have Chemistry as a Inovattion While making perfume is not listed in there, resale value is 0gp/sp/cp and is only good as a little gift. Think presdigination. Italics are a wispher to her. And heres the diplomacy roll. Untrained, and a flaw that gives me -4 to socail skill checks
    (1d20-2)[6]

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

GreenSorcererElf

"Aluhana dear, none here will hurt you. We are trying to help you. Could you please tell us what you saw?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Here's an idea to move things along: if the shrieking, three-foot tall trauma victim is afraid of you, wait in another room!

Ysh'set makes a show of strolling down the hallway and disappears behind the doorway.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen Check:(1d20+6)[21]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Red

"Yes. Let's obey the whore. She's clearly far more interested in her crocodile tears than saving one of her friends."

Red leaves with Ysh'set, but keeps going downstairs to ask the other whores about any nobles with unhealthy fixations with the missing girl.