New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Liberate Tutame IC

"Enough arguing everyone!" Esseandra yells before crouching down, pulling the Halfling girl to her, stroking her hair.
    "Aluhana, sweetie, it's ok. I brought these people here to help find Wandaaga. Yes, they may look strange, but so do I sweetness, and have I hurt you? Now, please stop those tears and tell us, who is this man you say took Wandaaga? Where might he have taken her?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check to calm her down and convince her that everyone is a friend: (1d20+12)[32]

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

"He's been coming here for the past few weeks. Always wants Wandaaga, and sometimes me, but only when she's not available. They say he turns up in a coach, but I've not seen it. I've never liked the feel of him. Dresses well. Has good manners. Feels nasty.

"Five days ago, Wandaaga told me that he had asked her to run off with him, and marry him, she refused,because whatever makes him want her over the others, she didn't like it. And she was very scared what would happen if she was in his power alone. According to her, he got really angry and smashed things and stalked out, muttering about "getting a better deal from Silver Allie". She had to hide under the bed, she said. The other girls, they helped her clean up so you wouldn't notice. Because she was afraid you'd be angry.

"They say the coach has red and black livery. And Neris and J'Hule--they say that coach was parked outside Silver Allies's all day yesterday and the day before. Even when she wasn't open. They won't tell me how they know."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Esse's face contorts in anger as she hears about the man and his propositions. When Aluhana mentions his actions she snarls, her hair turning from the usual glossy white to a pale electric blue.
    "Aluhana, what is this man's name? If he and that two copper harlot Allie have taken Wandaaga, they'll pay. I'll make sure of it." Esseandra growls, standing up, clenching her fist as small crackles of energy emanate around it.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt looks at Esseandra. Better put it diplomaticly....

"I would recomend calm. Sime enough reason too. Blastin 'em to bits is fun and all, but theres this artricle in one of the papers I get that shows how to make it last a few weeks. Besides, turn him over bound to the girls."

As he says the last, Matt seeks cover.

"And of course, if immidate violence is the perfered course of action, I'd be happy to help. Firebomb or Acid bomb?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Esseandra turns, looking at the tall, almost human looking man, "Something that will slowly eat away his manly appendage in the most excruciating manner would be a better fit I think." Her voice cold and hard, her visage looking more and more Drow-like with each word as if her human side had suddenly disappeared.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt gulps. Note to self, NEVER, EVER do ANYTHING that would upset one of her girls.

"I can talk to Capone. He might be able to get a hold of some things that can do that. Also, Necromaticly charged acid, combined the right amount of positive energy backflow... I'll get to work on it."

As he speaks of the necromaticly charged acid, he pulls up a chalkboard and just starts writing notes on it, lookig at it thoughtfully.

"If I can figure out a way, what about turning his... er, manly parts undead, with a continued flow of positive energy into it from his body? The torment would last forever, and theroticly, should be incurable. I'll talk to some people."

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Looking at the others eagerly plan this stranger's torture, Lillith shakes har head, and sighs.

"Revenge is all well and good, but making plans for what to do with him seem a bit... premature. By all means, make plans to hold him, but we may want to capture him before we create the perfect means to torment him. Besides, solitary confinement is pretty bad as well. Perhaps you could tell us about this Silver Allie, Esseandra."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #68

Move silently: (d20+8)[14]

There's the faint swish of a not-very-good move silently check, and Inferes appears at the top of the stairs. "Esse, they say the "gotch-eyed man", that Jande mentioned, has been giving your Halfing girls--and only your Halfing girls--quite a bit of custom in the last few weeks, but he hasn't been seen in almost a week, and caused some bother last time. He lists his name in the guest list as "Nomde Jour"" her eyebrow quivers. "Which your girls suspect to be false.

"And Esse, are you aware that one of your streetwalkers--and they wouldn't tell me which one--actually spends most of her time picking pockets and housebreaking? And uses the Profession as a cover for why she's always hanging around on the street at odd hours of the day and night? Well, she was in here last night to deal with some medical--got into a knife-fight--and mentioned she'd seen this man's coach--the gossip your girls exchange is amazing--outside Silver Allie's for a rather long time. Yesterday and the previous day."

9. - Top - End - #69

Red:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strangely enough, nobody wants to talk to you. But some of Esse's streetwalkers are drifting in for protection. As far as you can tell from what you overhear, there was some kind of fracas at Silver Allies last night. Which ended with various people being carried out in blankets. To a rather fine coach. Which then drove away somewhere unknown.

A couple of anomymous-looking people sporting Falchions came up a couple of hours later. To bear away a woman with bandages on her head and left arm. This woman is known as Alyx "Two-Hands", and is usually believed to be Allies's lieutenant. Is known for "working" only on her own cognisance.

After that, the Sharp Tools started arriving.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Esseandra turns her attention from Matt and the little Halfling girl, approaching the two part-fiend sisters, "Lilith, my dear sweetling, I understand your sentiment in urging for restraint, but these are my Girls, my Family and I will let NOONE hurt them and get away with it. And as for this Rent girl your speaking of, if it is true she is ripping clients off, then she will be punished and turned out, like I did to Silver Allie. I do not suffer my workers bringing ill repute on this House, be it theft or dealing with those of the underworld, like Allinaris did."

11. - Top - End - #71

Inferes takes a step back. "Oh. by all accounts, she's not ripping clients off. She takes clients at her own discretion. Victims, that's a different thing." Inferes has not taken her longbow out of her hand since she started moving back at Matt's.

Aluhana takes the flask from Matt's hand. "Smells familiar. Smells like--" Hunkering behind Esseandras's back, she points a finger at Matt. "You're Pettermint Sally!"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"In neither case is this streetwalker doing good for the madam's reputation," Luke said, resisting a smirk at the cover-up operation. It was ingenious, really - although the details were unusable in some places that actually existed that he claimed to have seen, it was good to see the city had a healthy tradition of trickery for gold.

"This tip pointing at Silver Allie's should be cross-referenced - it could all too easily be a trap, even though it is certainly the best lead we have. If nothing else, if the coach was there two days in a row, it might well be there for three."

13. - Top - End - #73

GreenSorcererElf

"We should head over there, and observe from a distance before we head in. It sounds to me like Silver Allie's was attacked, but we can't know for sure. And Esseandra, I was not suggesting not punishing the one responsible, I was suggesting that we get him before we make epic torture plans."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt looks shocked. What in the thirty-nine names of.....

"My names Matt. I'm a male. And, I wasn't really paying attention when I was making that. Might have accendintly made hers by mistake. But tell me, who do you buy this from normally?"

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Red

Red goes back and tells the others what he's heard.

"Why not go ask Allie what happened? If she wants to fight, then we fight, but it seems like she's losing out too and would pay good money for our help."

16. - Top - End - #76

GreenSorcererElf

"If we go and take a look, and possibly interrogate one of her girls, we can determine that fairly easily. Making plans without information is to be avoided whenever possible."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you're wishing to see that flea bitten trollop, then I will stay here. If you show up at her... business with me, you'll get nothing out of her or any of her tramps." Esse says as she seems to calm down, her hair and eyes returning to normal colour.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Red

Red looks to Esseandra. "You can't bury that hatchet long enough to save one of your whores?"

He then turns to Lilith. "Sneaking around and spying would look much worse than just asking. If we get caught or seen, and we will, then we'll just make another enemy for no reason. We're more likely to get what we want by being transparent and honest."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Turning to the tall, semi-human, mechanical looking being, Esseandra smiles, "Oh, I'd be happy to bury a hatchet in Allie, but it is not the trouble from me that I'm talking about. Silver Allie has sworn to try and destroy me by any means. If she knows you're associated with me, she'll give you nothing but vague answers and fob you off. And her girls are so scared of her that they'll clam up quicker than a virgin on her wedding night when she finds her husband is half bull."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Red

"If it isn't Allie's plot, then she'd be an idiot to refuse our help regardless of our affiliation. If it is Allie's plot, then we just kill her. Either way, you come out ahead. Besides that, it helps our case greatly if you come to help as a show of good faith."

21. - Top - End - #81

GreenSorcererElf

"If Allie's girls are so terrified of her, perhaps one or two might be willing to join yours. If not, I am confident in our ability to extract information from them. However, if Allie's hatred of you is greater than her control of her girls, we may be in trouble. She would have undoubtedly have set spies on your house, and we are rather.. distinctive. In which case, it does not really matter weather or not you come."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #82

"Nobody says you need to be at the front of the party" says Inferes. "Hellfire, we could put Lilith at the front in her Bad-Girl clothes and I guarantee nobody would even notice you."

hsssssssssssssss

"......"

hsssssssssssssss?

"I said: I don't have any Bad-Girl clothes."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I will take no part in an all out war in this city. The authorities will make our victory brief, and I have spent enough of my years in confinement.

Let us infiltrate and observe. That way, if it comes to violence, we will have reduced our targets...and witnesses.
    "

24. - Top - End - #84

Aluhana looks up at Matt. She's plainly under much better control now. ""We use something just like this all the time. We call it Peppermint Sally's. But that's just a name we made up. Mistress never said where she gets it from. Do you make it? I thought you'd be a woman. And less funny-looking."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt sighs. Not as bad as kender, but...

"Well, she might have bought from me, all other sales have been low lately. And I have the right to be funny looling after a hundred years around explosives and chemicals. Besides, I'm a Elan." Matt looks to be about twenty.

Turning to face the group, Matt has some... ideas.

"Well, if we aren't do full out assult, maybe I could try and sell her some things and try and get some information that way."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

GreenSorcererElf

"The only issue I have with that plan is your lack of social skills, Matt. I could disguise myself, and come along as your agent. Woul dprobably make it seem a bit more believable. We should also get pricing information from someone, so we can drive a hard bargain. However, if she has been attacked, your plan is unlikely to work against her paranoia. I think we need a look at what is there."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ysh'set chuckles.
    "Perhaps you can trade your wares for services.
    Ask for Halflings!
    "

28. - Top - End - #88

"Might just be me, but I instinctly feel this situation calls for quick and brutal retribution, rather than playing nice".

hsssssssssssssss

"But Pervert is correct, of course. We need a better fix on who to focus our retribution. And it would be good if we could gather some information from more varied sources than simply which streetwalkers happen to drift in. I'm totally pants at that,but I'm sure there are those of us that aren't. We have a suspect, a distinguishing mark, a coach with certain livery, and indications that something went down at Silver Allies. Also, this little detail about Allies lieutenant being carried off. "Anonymous-Looking People", "Falchions", who might that suggest?

Lilith dear, might this not be a good time to practice our second-most successful strategy and pay some street urchins into poking around for us? We'll get a lot of false stories, be truth or lies, we plainly need more."

29. - Top - End - #89

GreenSorcererElf

"Again, a decent plan, however, I'm broke. Cheaper to go and look myself than hire others to do it. If someone else will pay for it, then it is a good idea, although we should move closer to Silver Allie's before hiring them."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #90

"I'm sorry sis, I keep forgetting how hectic it's been for you. Well, I've got about 17 gold. Not a lot if you want to buy a horse, or a weapon, or a suit of mithral plate. But it's enough to buy a lot of little, hungry, prying eyes. If we're to rule this city, we need to learn how to work it."

hssssssssssssss

"What do you mean; we already know how to "work it?"