New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Liberate Tutame IC

((Guys? We have two prisoners and four corpses))

Inferes eyes flash and her slitted pupils disappear as she looks around. "The one that's now coating your blades has something on his belt, and the one Pervert finished something around his neck"

Pervert, hissing, climbs up her bootlaces, up the cross-gartering on her leggings, and disappears to her sleeve, to emerge up the back of her neck and wind through her hair to end up peering around on her head like a fanged antenna.

"I've rope, if we need to bind, and we should take their swords--they look masterwork. I can carry one, two if we use my rope to bind the sleepers, but let's move fast. And yes search them. We should head for Matt's. We're fairly close here and we need to see if he's learned anything. Be a good place to store any loot and hold any...guests as well"

Search:(1d20+6)[13]
    Use Rope:(1d20+4)[13]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"I can take the swords, but I will need help moving the prisoner. I can drag him, but it won't be very fast. I hope that the sleep lasts for a while."

Lillith collects the swords, and after Inferes finishes tying up the prisoner that Red doesn't have, and moves to begin dragging the other attacker to Matts
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #153

"Sis, you know you're already carrying too much gear, right?"

((I hate waiting. The searches:))
    1 magically registering Adamantine dagger
    1 magically registering amulet
    6 masterwork longswords
    Some assorted stuff it's not worth listing. There's a cheese sandwich if anyones hungry.
    6 masterwork scale armours if anyone want to break their backs (don't).
    And a note:
    "Your boys did good work at Silver Allies's last night. That bitch'll be too busy cowering to mess with us again until take her down for good. But this Esse's the problem now. Seems she got herself some downright colourful friends. Don't know if she's arming for war or just diversifying her stock, but I know she'll be testy after the job last night.

Talk to Gregor. He's been sorting through the descriptions. Get some bruisers out there. If you see any of these people wandering around asking questions, then jump them and make sure they stay jumped."

4. - Top - End - #154

GreenSorcererElf

"Sis, it will slow me down, but I can still move. On second thoughts, I will put most of it into my pack. It will act as a bag of holding. I will, however, need help to get the second prisoner back to Matts. Unless time is not an issue"

She grabs the amulet and the dagger for later identification, putting them, along with some arrows, tanglefoot bags, gold, and the swords(including her greatsword), into her pack.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-08-24 at 11:36 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #155

oh, and 76 gp.

6. - Top - End - #156

GreenSorcererElf

"You know what, we won't be able to get him to Matt's before he wakes up ,and we do have the note to cross check the interrogation of the other one that Red is being so kind to carry, so..."

As her words trail off, she pulls out her greatsword, and attempts to kill the sleeping guard
    (4d6+2)[16]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Red

Red consents to the murder of the sleeping man. They had a point of reference, and that was all he needed.

"It looks like I was right about Alles. We need to approach her as people with a mutual enemy. The enemy of my enemy is my friend until I can betray him and all."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-08-25 at 12:54 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158

Fort save DC 26:(1d20+5)[12]

Inferes nods. "An appropriate action, sister. We need also warn the others not to stir abroad without force. Another good reason to see to Matt first, since he's on his own. This last one we can keep until he too becomes...unnecessary"

The sleeping "bruiser" has regained consciousness, and his eyes go wide as Inferes turns her eyes on him. "Let me go! Freaks and Demon-Witches. You'll never get away with this"

Inferes rips a strip of cloth off one of the dead men's cloaks and gags him ungently."I do wonder why people say things like that...well, soon we'll let you talk as much as you want. Time to go?"

EDIT: wrote "in" rather than "without". making nonsense of her main point.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

"You know that I would help carry things but I am small and feeble besides such redoubtable warriors," Loras shimmies down from the roof slowly and carefully and helps to search the corpses. "Ooh cheese" he squeals in delight before eating the sandwich, "waste not, want not."

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb check take 10, it wouldn't do to fall and break my neck (1d20+12)[29]
    Search check (1d20)[16] I'm looking through the mundane stuff and looking for identifying items, badges or insignia, lock picks with the same maker's mark, that kind of thing.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Loras:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You discover that none of these people have washed recently if at all. You do discover a City Guard's badge of authority, distorted and almost cloven in two by a sword or axe blow. It's spattered with old dried blood.

Meanwhile, back at Esseandra's House of...I think I'm sick of making dodgy jokes.

Various scruffy urchins have been calling in with interesting and possibly relevant rumours and the promise of some shiny new silvers (consider this Inferes's money to spend)

The most interesting ones are:

"The buzz is that you've hired a private army of freaks and fiends...two incestuous Succubus twins stripped of their wings for crimes against Hell itself, an Undead killing machine locked into a metal body, a crazy alchemist stylising in diabolic poisons and explosive compounds, a brutal, murderous halfling with a taste for Human flesh, a dark and cruel martial arts adept from the Underdark itself, and some guy in a robe.

Everyone's really scared of the guy in the robe"

"The Sharp Tools gang is decamping from Silver Allies's already. Seems they discovered something they didn't like. She's put out people...well, us mainly, to hire muscle from all the dives she can, but she's not throwing a lot of cash around for some reason"

"All I know is that there's been a coach with that description, and a man with those eyes, seen quite a lot in Riverside lately. But it's suddenly not healthy for me to go back there, once people got word I was asking around. The liveries that of some nob famility, but I never could tell the toffs apart".

and...

"There's a certain known burglar and second-story man who was seen drinking himself silly at an odd hour of the morning in The Gruesomely Murdered Monstrous Humanoid tavern today, ranting about how "That Goiter stabbed us both in the back, Allie and I both, and next time he wants a Halfling girl he can kidnap her himself."

11. - Top - End - #161

And...

Bluff check to make us look like something innocuous.(1d20+11)[26] presuming that Lilith will aid Inferes:"Honest officer, we're his friends. This is part of his religion, an ordeal he must go through to regain his honour. Force us to linger, and you imperil his very soul"

12. - Top - End - #162

Sense Motive:(1d20+1)[3]"Seems all above board. Besides, if knew him and I'm not sayin' I do, I get the feeling I wouldn't care what happens to 'im anyway"

Inferes, Lilith, Red, Loras, Ysh'sed and "guest" make it to Matts shortly after 1pm.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Once the group is back Loras checks to see if anyone has any injuries that need healing including the prisoner. "You could get cut up a hundred different ways and I'll just patch you up so you can start all over again. Don't you worry, I'll keep you alive," he looks at the trussed up guard as he speaks, "As the Good Book says 'Death is but a sweet release from pain and suffering'"

"Tell me" he pauses to get the name of the bruiser, "are you a religious man? I will be available to hear your confession when you feel ready to deliver it."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

Inferes looks over. "Now, Loras, we're going to hear all he has to say. And I regret that, because we'll be wasting our time hearing about his accidents during toilet training--although he apparently has one more recent story to contribute about that--his first sexual experience, his early career, his personal regrets, and how they have all led him to the horrifying and miserable end that now awaits him. We want congent, tactical details, and we're going to have to suffer through a lot of petty confessionals before we get it.

Red, I hand over the interrogation to you, for I'd enjoy it too much. A tip though, don't start at the hands and feet, start at those bits he can afford to lose. Then work up to those bits he can technically live without. And then to the bits he can't."

hssssssssssssss

"What? That note entitles him to no mercy whatsoever"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

"Inferes, in the monastery we were taught how patience was a virtue. I'm sure that his confession will be as honest as it will be detailed. " He pauses to look to see who is here and who is out. "I do enjoy watching a master, or mistress, at work."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Red

Red dumps the guy in a room, goes to find someone with a good sense of a liar, then brings them in to the interrogation with him.

"You saw what we did to your friends. I have no qualms doing the same to you. But I'll give you an out: Tell us who hired you, why you attacked us, and answer any questions I have as a result of your answers. If you do, then I'll let you walk out of here scott-free. No strings."

Red then points to his greatsword. "But if my friend here thinks you're lying, then they get to pick a part for me to cut off you. Then we'll start the whole process all over again. So, if you wanna go home, then answer my questions and be honest."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to take whoever is at the whorehouse and has the highest sense motive, but otherwise I'll take whoever actually has ranks in it.

Red'll try getting on the guy's nice side first. Diplomacy if it's needed: (1d20+6)[10]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Heading over to the group, Matt looks at the guy. The look is somewhere between machine like and cold lothing.

"Boss, Capone says we might want to look into Xanian clerics and one Lucian Gallbright. Mind if I ask prisoner number 1, along with some of my stock? I have some perfectly nonlethal toxins that would make it very uncomfortable."

As usual, when he brings up poisons/explosives, he starts to smile. This time, it's just plain creepy. Not intimidating creepy, but "What the hell is this guy on" creepy. That, or someone who enjoys his work a bit much.

"And while I have no formal training, I helped prepare the torture compounds of the Tolvsai regime. So, want me to whip some things up?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

18. - Top - End - #168

GreenSorcererElf

"Matt, it is a kind offer, but we might as well see if he will talk without us taking more interesting measures.(to prisoner) It really will go much better for you if you cooperate, trust me"

Spoiler
    Show
    bluff check(yes, Lillith intends on killing him anyway)(1d20+8)[21]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt nods.

"Sure, but here's what I was thinking. As speed is nessecary, we can't do the full two-month program, so I'll get get straight to the fun stuff. To start with, a LKX-95. This is a laxitive that won't stop the bodys purging till the counter chemical is ingested. The next would be the ever poplular B-31. It's a varient form of itching powder, but from what I've seen, it can leave burn marks. The final chemical in the first set would be TY-98. However, anyone with legal connections or that is bound to report war crimes should leave. The use of TY-98 is considered a war crime across most of the contient.

Of course, this is just the first set, or the first half hour. Each chemical in the set execpt the last would be 8 doses. After that would be a twentyfive minute interrigation session, followed by five minuites of a beating. I'll spend that half hour preparing the second set. If this meets your aproval?"

Matt looks right at the Prisoner the whole time, and his voice is neutral. He seems to be providing the bad cop part.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

Inferes doffs her black cloak, which has so-far just made her more conspicuous, and folds herself into the same armchair she slept in. "Crimes do not concern me. I swore that if I could not be a noblewoman then I would be a criminal. Make him sing. In the highest of registers." She puts a hand to her chin while Pervert amuses himself by threading through the points of her faintly ridiculous tiara.

"We are overdue at the Casa, And I'd like to have Esse and Cadfael here, but they may be more useful where they are. Esse has her girls to run errands, and if she wants to worry about us then this is the first place she'll send someone to look. But I'm worried about Luke. He was with us when we left. Did he get pinned under a fruitcart while we were occupied?"

21. - Top - End - #171

GreenSorcererElf

Turning to the prisoner:
    "Who hired you?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"If I'm to question him, I'll need to grab some things first. Need to keep it alive after all. But first, let's secure it. I'll also grab the various chemicals from my lab."

With that, he leaves the room, and heads down the hall to his lab, trying to think out the optimal doseages. Can't use too much, or he won't be able to talk. Or worse, it will die before devulging any information. Remeber, must thing of it as a it. Must be professional.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

"Matt", Loras calls after him as he strides off, "I can keep him alive from injuries, fire, acid, cuts, gouges, even freezing. I can't do much with poisons though and I can't regrow anything that gets chopped or falls off." He turns to the prisoner and looks pointedly at his groin and giggles. "They say that you adjust to having sit when you need to pee. Ladies don't see to have any trouble."

He turns to Red. "My shiny plated friend, I wonder who hits harder, a trained monk or a warrior of metal, stone and wood. I may be small but my fists are like iron," he holds up his small hands to show the warforged, "then again your fist are iron."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Red

The warforged looks down at Loras' comment directed toward him. "We can found out. If this guy doesn't start talking."

25. - Top - End - #175

....some time and much panicked gibbering later.

He and his friends work for a man named Gregor, who has a walled compound with a set of buildings and it's own wharf down in, yes, Riverside. This fellow has inside the compound, but not the buildings. He and his mates, and a number others (he really wants to tell you how many, but he doesn't know) have been employed by Gregor, to, yes, grab young woman on the streets after dark and take them, alive and unharmed, to Gregor.

Gregor seems to be a fairly stiff, controlled and cerebral individual, wears the holy symbol of Boccob, and what he's doing with the young woman is a little hard to say.

He's familiar with the Gotch-eyed man as well, and knows his name is Lucian. He doesn't like him much. Seems to think of himself as Gregor's number two, but Gregor doesn't seem to have much regard for him. It was Lucian that wrote the note sending these people after you.

He doesn't know much about the kidnapping of Wandaaga. He thinks it was Lucian's own contribution to an operation last night aimed at intimidating Silver Allie. Allie and Lucian have been familiar with each other, and Allie has been helping Gregor's operation with information and the occasion gift of a girl she's sick of. Lately she's been getting panicky and grasping, so last night Gregor called their co-operation at an end. The prisoner and four of "the boys" entered Allies's establishment on Lucian's heels, while Lucian was "delivering" Wandaaga. They turned on Allies people, grabbed two of her girls (plus the unconscious Wandaaga) and her cashbox, and would have done more if Alyx Two-hands hadn't held them on the stairs while a couple of the others found crossbows.

It seems that Silver Allie did organise the kidnapping on Lucian's request, but then he turned upon her. And used the pay-off visit to get the thugs in the door.

Gregor has spoken of "The Boss" and "The Master". And this fellow gets the idea he's speaking of two different people.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Red

The warforged processes the information quietly. He does release the man, and does not allow the others to kill him. If questioned why, he simply replies that it's not worth it. Once the man is out the door, he turns to the group. "Whoever's fastest and quietest needs to follow him. He's afraid, and he'll run straight to safety: His boss."

27. - Top - End - #177

Inferes jackknives out the armchair, almost unseating Pervert, gives Red a look of complete astonishment, then runs out the door, looking very grim.

28. - Top - End - #178

GreenSorcererElf

Lillith follows closely on her heels, being careful to avoid the prisoners sight.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Stealth may not be Matt's forte, but he also follows the target, with his crossbow ready.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

The prisoner hasn't gone far, and is still lurching up the alley towards the street. Matt's treatment has left him lurching and unsteady.

Inferes's bow thrums, and buries a shaft beneath his shoulderblade. "He knows where we live. We let him go, and this place will be ashes by morning. Get him back, sister, Matt. Dead or alive, this is where he ends up."