New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Liberate Tutame IC

Inferes laughs. "You too, are a ranged combatant Loras, but if you want you could take it up with Ysh'sed. Bare in mind, I'm working under the assumption that the items we get will have their cost deducted from any...financial rewards we are owed."

"OK we have some swords to sell. Lilith and I will do our sisterly "seduce the the shopkeeper but not really" double act. I'll be the bubblehead this time. And since it seems to be important for...some reason-

Spoiler
    Show
    K/Religion (max 10) (1d20+2)[18]

"-Let's pay a call on the arms emporium under the temple of Xan Yae. Those sound like the people that took away Alyx Two-Hands, who may give us some new perspective"

"Also, tonight sister? I agree with you, but it means we need get this business done so we have a chance to replenish our powers."
    She flashes her rings. "I'm not bereft of power now, but best not go in without all resources. And I need sleep to recharge. If we move quickly we can still strike before dawn."

((The amulet costs 8000 gp, the dagger 4002))

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

"You can't blame a guy for trying," Loras shrugs in resignation, "I'm also a little concerned about such a hasty move I would much prefer to watch the complex for a few nights, get the guard schedule, shift changes, that kind of thing, maybe even get an exterior map of the place. Hey, your lovely self could no doubt winkle some information about the interior layout from those who frequent it. Guards, tradesmen, washer women, the rubbish collector, there's probably a large number of people able to pass on information about the place who are willing, for the right incentive, to do so." Thinking Loras adds, "We may even be able to get hold of keys or passwords given enough time and effort."
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213

Inferes twitches. "I would normally agree, Loras. I would. Only I have this vague feeling that the longer we wait the more the odds will be stacked against us. And also; the girl. The longer we wait she's in their power. This bothers me. I might seem irrational, but it doesn't sound like "Lucian" had good plans for her. And I'd rather act swiftly before we know what we are than dally around. They had people on the street, looking for us, before noon. What might they have against us three days from now? After they've figured out what happened to their first foray?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ysh'set looks down at his chest and fondles the amulet. "Does this shop deal in wands and potions? I won't have much luck with the rest of you skewered. There are cheap, novice spells which provide a more substantial degree of protection, are there not? And we would do well to keep some healing potions on hand. Perhaps even, Invisibility."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I mostly deal in non-magical mediecine. Ya, the potion part of the sign always confuses people. But I'll see if heres anything. What you looking for?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"If I recall correctly, there are places to buy potions and scrolls in the market. But, Inferes right, we will need to rest after this trip, to recover our magic. Then, at nightfall, we should go for the compound, and rescue the prisoners held there. The sale of the swords will be an adequate payout for everyone. If not, there will undoubtedly be more to sell in the compound, assuming we can raid it."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

"The girl is most likely dead, I have no desire to join her." Holding his hands up and taking a step back at the look he gets for that statement, "no, listen to me. She is most likely dead and our mission is one of vengeance and retribution, not of rescue. If she is alive then we do her no favours getting ourselves killed by barging in and setting off whatever guards and wards they have set up."

He turns to leave, "Look, I'm going to scout the place out now. I'll return here before nightfall with whatever information I've been able to gather. I suggest that anyone else who can sneak around does the same and those with underworld contacts do what they can to find out about the place. Specifics about guards, their numbers and strength, traps, hounds and other beasts, that kind of thing. Going in blind will get us killed." With that he heads to Riverside. He finds a tall building overlooking the complex or at least having a good view of it and finds his way to the roof. Once there he makes a map and records details about the guards and vulnerabilities that he can see. All the while reciting the Light of Pelor 3:01 Laus exsisto ut Deus, Senior of Sol solis, pius, misericordaliter. Praise be to Pelor, Lord of the Sun, the compassionate, the merciful
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218

GreenSorcererElf

"A good idea, however, some of us will need to rest, and recover expended spells for the day."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[to Matt]
    "Healing always seems to make itself necessary; but I'm sure we will find a use for invisibility, armor, or enhancements to our physical attributes."

He turns to the sisters, holding up the amulet: "Let us find a good price for this at the market. It should easily cover the expenses of our assault. Then I shall catch up with Loras while you rest."

10. - Top - End - #220

GreenSorcererElf

"I think we are probably better off keeping the amulet, as we will only be able to sell it for about half its value."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #221

The compound, as Loras can report, looks like this:
    --abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX YZ
    1-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~====~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
    2-####......................~~~~~........~~~~~~~~~~~ ##
    3-##.#############++################################ ##
    4-##....#******************************************* ##
    5-#<....#******************************************* <#
    6-##....+******************************************* ##
    7-##....+******************************************* ##
    8-##....#******************************************* ##
    9-##....#******************************************* ##
    10##....#***************************************** **##
    11##....#***************************************** **##
    12##....#***************************************** **##
    13##....#***************************************** **##
    14##....#######################++################# ####
    15##.............................................. ..##
    16##.............................................. ..##
    17##.............................................. ..##
    18##.............................................. ..##
    19##.............................................. ..##
    20##.............................................. ..##
    21##.............................................. ..##
    22##...............####+######.................... ..##
    23##...............#*********+.................... ..##
    24##...............#*********#.................... ..##
    25##...............#*********#.................... ..##
    26############################XX################## ####
    27############################XX################## ####

#=walls
    <=stairways
    .=open space
    ==wharf
    ~=river
    X=Gate
    +=doors
    *=roof

The wharf edge side north of the main building is a level lower than the main courtyard, and the main building itself is two stories tall. There are multiple profusions and chimneys on its flat roof that may house stairways up, and at least one does so. ((adding them to the map would be damn confusing)) for a guard appears on the roof at on point and begins patrolling the wall.

There four guards in mail shirts (not scale, that was a mistake) longing in or around the gate, and two others patrolling the walls at all times

EDIT: And I do not know where that blank line down the right side came from. It's a glitch.

12. - Top - End - #222

((Quoth the Spaniard: "I hate waiting"))

Bluff check [roll[1d20+13[/roll]

13. - Top - End - #223

[sigh]

Esse's bluff check at the arms emporium, aided by the von Manteufel sisters hanging about in the background and trying to look like sexy idiots: (1d20+13)[26]

...which will get you about 1500gp for 6 masterwork longswords. Anyone else want to sell anything? Or argue about shares?

Also, we're now apparently right below the temple of Xan Yae...for what significance that has.

14. - Top - End - #224

GreenSorcererElf

Well, sell a greatsword for 50 gold or so.
    So, how are we going to divide the gold? I figured that we would have a list of active players, and split the gold between them, but characters with items get none, until they pay off their magical items.
    So if we have 5 players, 3 would get 500 gold, and the remaining two would pay off 500 from their debt
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Loras returns at nightfall with his crude map to discuss the plan of attack and report all he knows of the complex.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

GreenSorcererElf

Lillith, after reviewing the plans provided by Loras, presents a plan:
    "It would seem that we will be either climbing the walls, or heading for the back door, after a swim, or the acquisition of a boat. If we go for the boat option, then it would be best for Matt to bombard from the south, hopefully with red along for protection. If you can set a few traps, you should be able to either mop up or avoid the guard force. The rest of us get in the door on the north, and start exploring the house. Alternatively, we can bombard from the east, and climb the wall to the west, and otherwise do the same thing. One other option exists: We could attempt to wipe out the guard force entirely, which would involve a bit more combat. Does anyone else have any plans?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I may be skipping past the selling stuff bit, but o well. Do we split the money among those that have no new items, and subtract that amount from the players with new items? or do we do something else?
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #227

((Presumably, we are back at the Casa. Anyone wanted to do any shopping, you can still do so retroactively. Inferes will be picking up some more arrows at the least))

Inferes looks over the sketch. "The boat idea shows style, but it's risky. If we're spotted coming in, or even if we have trouble getting that door open, we'll be on a wharf with no cover getting sniped. Also, completely cuts off the assault force from the distraction"

Going for the walls seems more direct, but it's simple and if we should gain possession we could cover the entire compund. If Luke's somewhere, we should ask him about using the old-Silence-on-a grappling-hook back on them. Distraction should be directed against the main gate, however. Somewhere where it's plausible somebody might be trying to force their way in.

And unfortunately, if we're to do this tonight, I need to rest and study. So night-night kids"

((It is 4pm, she'll be ready to move at 3am))

18. - Top - End - #228

GreenSorcererElf

Lillith looks at her sister and shakes her head.
    "Either way, the distraction team is cut off, as they will probably have guards chasing them. Attacking the main gate with the distraction might work, I just figured that we wanted them all looking away from us as we entered, and having their backs to us seemed better than having their sides to us."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

"We don't have to provide the distraction ourselves. A drunk noisily urinating on the front door should get a guard to go out there and see the drunk off. A few of his mates might start a scuffle that brings more guards. Isn't that something that we could arrange?" Loras considers other distractions. "A fire in an adjoining building might also cause a distraction. Even if they don't go out to help they are likely to look in that direction. We could even buy a cart, load it with flammables, and set it alight. I'm sure we could set it rolling into the main gate and still have time to get into position at the west wall. I'm sure that Matt could brew up some concoctions to enhance the flames somewhat or prepare a slow burning fuse so that we have plenty of time."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230

((If Ysh'sed is willing to sell the amulet, it nets 6000gp. Sharing policies, guys, I need feedback))

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Having apparently gone unnoticed, Luke finally extricates himself from a chair, leaving an empty goblet of wine behind, waking from a sleep of which only the majority was feigned.
    "I am here, good companions, and most penitent for my distracted state," he says, keeping up the impression of an older, more solemn man. "Come sunset, I will reprepare; will you be needing it once for your plan, or twice?"

"I would advise against any but the most innocuous distraction. The compound will be guarded regardless, and the night watch may wake the day's watch if an emergency occurs. Should a sufficiently obvious distraction occur, the guards will simply grow more twitchy, expecting an attack as opposed to expecting to have to stay awake and alert in darkness, and thereby failing to do so. Should a distracting but ultimately harmless, er, distraction occur, it may be that the guards become irritated without thinking it urgent enough to raise the alarms, it may not be so."

22. - Top - End - #232

GreenSorcererElf

"Well... That gives me an idea. Esseandra, would you mind if we borrowed your girls for this?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

"Luke raises a good point," Loras wonders if there is still any merit in timed fuses, "How about setting up timed fuses for after we are in the complex so as to split the defending forces into two?"
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Esse looks up from rereading the paper where she scrawled all the messages that the street urchins had given her, "And what would you plan to have them do Sweetling? Would you put my girls in harms way?"

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

25. - Top - End - #235

GreenSorcererElf

"It occurs to me that they might make a very good distraction. They could attract the guards, and then run away, giggling. With a bit of luck, the guards would just think it was a prank or something. Of course, that is kinda forgetting that the point is to rescue people that these people have stolen, so maybe not such a good idea. Possibly use magic instead. I have a spell for that..."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well what ever the plan, we must get moving soon. I do not want to leave Wandaaga in the hands of these people any longer than she has to be... I say we set the trap at the gate then get in through the fence on the side as quickly as possible." Esse says, pulling a very fine looking mail shirt out of her bag before undoing the single strap around her neck that holds her gown up.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

27. - Top - End - #237

GreenSorcererElf

"Indeed. Is everyone rested, and ready?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #238

Inferes, thanks to the magic of dramatic time compression, steps down the stairs. "Hope nobody minded me barricading myself in Wandaaga's room for nine hours. Right, got a Colour Spray, a Mage Armour, and an Arrow mind with 2 power pearls. Shall we get what is needful done quickly so we can move off? Sister, are you ready?"

29. - Top - End - #239

GreenSorcererElf

"Sister, I am indeed ready. However, who else is coming? And do we have the distraction ready?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #240

Inferes is a little nonplussed by the idea of using Esse's girls as a distraction. "It could work, but again, are we sure we're not evil? Well, if it's done, they should keep those weapons they had before and move in a big group. Most street scum think twice about attacking an armed gang."

She looks thoughful. "We need to keep close to them on the way, while they make as much noise as possible. I'm worried though, some of them looked spoiling for a fight this--yesterday morning. Some may not run away when they're supposed to."