Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [OOC]

Is everyone still about? I would hate for the game to fall apart. The group and story look so terribly interesting. I would like to see the next few steps forward and then some.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

I had some minor traveling this weekend so I was away part of the time, was just about to bump the thread and see what people want to do.

So! What are you all thinking, plans wise?
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still here, don't worry, I was away for part of the weekend as well.

As I mentioned IC, I think the best plan at this point would be either to head into the Plane of Dreams and look around the city at night, see if there's anyone or anything there messing with peoples' dreams, and so forth, or to try to seek out the kiira via any means possible. Since we have a short deadline before something terrible is likely to happen, we could try to combine them. seeking out the kiira during the day and then hitting Dream at night.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still around. Twas ramping up for my first day of school which is today. I'll post within the next few days as thing settle down and I consider what I want to do.

Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@PairO'Dice Lost: I like the way you think a day and a night mission. And what with Elves only needing 4 hours of rest Mithranix can be a mission machine. Splitting the group would be the most effective way...but on PbP that would probably bog us down quite a bit. Day time wise that shady merchant mentioned earlier sounds promising, and like we could get in a mess of dice throwing/bad guy smashing.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still here! Sydil is meant to be a bit more of a plan follower than a plan maker though. I can try and get something up if it is needed, but I'm not sure she has much to contribute at the moment.

Seeking out both hooks sounds like a good idea to be OOC though.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, it looks like people are ready for me to move it forward some. I've got a job interview in the morning (fingers crossed!), so I'll update it after that, probably lunch or afternoon time. That'll give whomever wants to add something to the current scene time to do so.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Good news! I just saved $500 on my car insurance. I got the job! Start in about two weeks, and I'll be gainfully employed working the night shift at an Amazon Fulfillment warehouse.

I'm doing updates for my varied PbP games now, so I'll have an IC post soon.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Woot congrats friend!!!!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Bump! Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend.

11. - Top - End - #41

Enjoying? I have to spend it working which is why I still haven't been able to post. As should be listed in my sig we're working on packing to move with the move being at the end of September. Combine that with school and part time job and that leaves me with limited time to write out a proper IC post. I still try to check in at least though.

Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Had a great weekend actually. Hope everyone else is doing fine, hate to here that userpay is having such a poor month in general.
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless someone posts otherwise I'm going to have the mages move somewhere appropriate for a magical investigation of the selu'kiira while the warriors go see if they can find any leads in the city. I'll update after dinner.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Glyrryrl's Rainwater Pool

The rainwater pool acts as a magical location, like the ones in the DMG II. The base effect that anyone can use is that the pool can be used as the material component and/or focus for any divination spell. There is also a higher order ability that requires attuning yourself to the pool. An attuned mage can use any other normal pool of water as if it were the rainwater pool. In order to attune to the rainwater pool a mage must cast a divination spell of each spell level (0th to 9th) into the pool, and the spells must come from his or her own spells, not scrolls or staffs.

15. - Top - End - #45

I should beable to post either Friday or this weekend. Gotta love 12 hour work/school days...

Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Alrighty so I should beable to post either today, depending on how quickly my chores and homework go, or tomorrow if it doesn't go quickly enough.

Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Just checking in. How's everyone doing? I have been kicking the crap out of physical therapy. I don't remember if I brought it up to you all. So here goes. I was wounded I Afghanistan in July, been hospitalized since then. Use all of this to helP me overcome a TBI. So thanks for the chance to play an awesome story driven game. It allows me to check my memory and some of my fine motor skills. Plus a million other small things.

So yeah, how's everyone else?
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

@userpay

Cool, hopefully things'll settle down into a more manageable routine. I'll have Mithranix & Dane's post up this afternoon.

@TheFallenSon

Doing pretty good. About to start working for Amazon. Good to hear you made it back and are enjoying the game. I was never deployed to Afghanistan but I did go to Iraq, 03 to 04, with the 82nd.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

I was struggling with some sickness over the past week, but I'm feeling better now! Though not creative enough to make a large post to satisfy me, but hey, better moving with small posts than moving slow.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

@TheFallenSon

If you want Mithranix to meet up with the Order or his old thieving contacts, just let me know and I'll make it happen.

@Vael

Glad you're feeling better! Time to wizard it up.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

@userpay

The door is locked. Sorry I missed your IM, I was eating dinner.

22. - Top - End - #52

I kinda figured the door would be locked. Would any portion of the building be made of stone? Especially if its out of casual sight.

Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

The ground floor walls are stone masonry, with a wood and glass storefront. The second story is made of wood and of a different architectual style, evidence that this building was one of many rebuilt when the city was reclaimed. There ate narrow allys on either side of the building.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Discern Location requires that you have touches the object otherwise it fails. Do you want to cast it anyway? I figure Sydil would know about that requirement, but you might be having her cast it to test the power of the pool. Just wondering.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh right, forgot that part. Nevermind then- we'll just go with Greater Scrying.

Also, we are calling it an object then? I wasn't sure whether to consider it a creature or object for the case of divinations, given that it is intelligent.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. I think an intelligent item would still count as an object. You could search for the mage himself using Discern Location, as I'll rule that the requirement to have week him or have something that was his would qualify as a material component that the pool would bypass.

27. - Top - End - #57

Righto so much for quiet entry with what abilities I have. I'll give TheFallenSons another day or so to post before I proceed on my own methinks.

Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Spellbooks

I made a ruling in the recruitment thread about spellbooks.

When adding spells to my spellbook Do I have to but scrolls of the spells in order to add them or just pay the per-page scribing cost and assume I got them from a library or something?

Just pay the cost for putting them in your spellbook.

At the time I didn't take the Blessed Book into consideration, as it doesn't cost anything to scribe spells into it. I noticed today that Dice has spent money on learning new spells; I'm assuming that you got the price for each spell as if buying a scroll, but I'm not sure. I wasn't aware that you had paid for them, as I'd let Vael add extra spells for free, given the above ruling. I want to make sure everyone's on the same page.

So I'm going to change that ruling, otherwise anyone with a Blessed Book could add spells for no charge. Blessed Book works as normal, but adding extra spells will require the use of a scroll or copying from another spellbook at a fee of 50 x spell level. These are the normal rules, I'm just restating them so there's no confusion.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I noticed today that Dice has spent money on learning new spells; I'm assuming that you got the price for each spell as if buying a scroll, but I'm not sure. I wasn't aware that you had paid for them, as I'd let Vael add extra spells for free, given the above ruling. I want to make sure everyone's on the same page.
    I used the copying-from-another-spellbook pricing under the assumption that scribing spells into a BBB for free was a bit cheap.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that's what Chambers and I came to conclude as well. I originally wasn't using a Blessed Book- I had forgotten their existence (I don't use wizards most of them time, as I prefer sorcerer), and bought one later.

Anyway, I went ahead and subtracted the copying from spellbook cost from Sydil's remaining gold, so we should be good to go.