New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

Spoiler: Examples
    Show

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located Inside, near the Black Dragon's Den.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Inside civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================
    Spoiler: Locations
    Show

75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

134 Ninja Drive - a 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja. Player: Mindfreak586

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

Al's Lab - Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts. Al's player is ApeofLight, and Delta's player is KerfuffleMach2.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois. Note: Zaydon is now deceased, and Opie has taken to living in DFI. As it stands, the cabin is abandoned.

Crimson Tempest -

The ship was designed with the above image as a base.
    The most prominent feature, the flame ring, has been pushed forward towards the front of the ship, while a secondary, lesser flame ring was inserted towards the back. Auxiliary and surplus power supply.
    Barriers, that can be turned off as necessary, are constructed around the rings to protect them from light attack.
    Primary Elemental Entrapment Ring - PEER
    Secondary Elemental Entrapment Ring - SEER

Cannons are installed along the ship, each connected to small elemental rift-batteries to the plane of fire, that allow them to launch bursts of augmented flame in projectile form.
    The various rooms within the ship have been magically altered to be Larger On The Inside.
    This allows for more ships in a smaller space, keeping the ship's fairly lean. (Player: VampireRot)

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

Hallowmere Lake: Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl (players: Happyturtle and Wolfbane)

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Player: Kid Kris
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further Description, may update.

Isle of Propinquity: A modern-style duplex house belonging to Karambit Sharpe which is surrounded by trees, vegetation and a body of water. There's a bridge people can use to cross the water. Inhabitants: Karambit Sharpe the Knife Vampire, and occasionally Solomon Pearce (The Shadow)
    (Player: Flaming Eagle)

Note: Players should PM when visiting; and if their last post was made more than 5 days ago.

Jake Stevenson's Home: In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a day bed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home. (player: Happyturtle)

Javert's House - It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves. (player: singingnoodle)

Julie's Place - An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate reknown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord. (player: Slii Arhem)

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

Marty's: This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
    Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
    Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.
    Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak (players: singingnoodle, Agate 86)

Nabrius' Domain - Located in the depths of Hell, Nabrius' home is rather comfy despite its location. A fireplace provides most of the light in the room. The low, crackling hellfire lights up the carpets floor and the comfy chair and love seat off to the side On the left wall is a small bar, well stocked with wines and champagne, along with some harder drinks. Directly opposite of the fireplace is a bed. Red silk sheets cover it, a curtain hangs ready to be drawn around it, and it's easily large enough for two people to move around freely. The only exit from the room is a single, windowless door opposite of the bar. A small sword rack hangs on the door by the wall, able to hold a single blade. Player: Gulaghar

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.
    Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
    Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd Big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned, sits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such...has a gravel driveway leading up to it...and...near the docks...
    Oh, yeah, it has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage! And the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions! Run by TechnoScrabble.

Silvery ship: It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet. (player: Lost Deep)

The Tarmikos Studio - This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to. Niara's player is Baeleck.

154 Oceanside Drive
    An abnormally large two story suburban house sits in the center of a large parcel of land, although depending on the whims of the owner, Felandria, the house may be larger or smaller than usual when you visit, she welcomes company, just ring the doorbell, if you can reach it.
    Located in the Blue Zone in Inside.
    Player: Felandria

The Intermission
    The divine realm of Carrie! The Intermission mostly consists of a great decagonal sort of tower, more wide than tall, filled with innumerable rooms for the deceased souls staying there until they move on to their afterlives. Also contained are the quartering complex for her "angels" the Sable Guides.
    Player: Beans

Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2015-01-23 at 07:22 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Home 19 - Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Summit Springs

"Scales would be easier than this, that's just a slight texture addition. This is nerves and glands and making sure the mass moves in the right way." Though by her reaction to Riss pressing up against her, it's certainly moving in the right way, "It's weird enough just showing you this, I thought for the longest time that you'd freak out so much that I repressed it instead of showing off like I normally do." She leans back into the muse, reaching up to rest her hands atop Riss' and grasp them tightly.

"I could always just leave you like that, if you're going to make jokes and teasing me about it. It's getting easier now and it shouldn't be too hard so long as you're near me or part of my pool." Which of course now extends throughout the mountainside. Misha is exaggerating how easy it would be, she wouldn't be able to focus on shaping or moving much other water at the same time, but would certainly be able to maintain it.

And even give it a little tweak. Leaning forward to break away from the intimate contact, she spins around and raises a playful eyebrow as she crooks a finger upwards. Immediately, the extra mass bounces once heavily and continues a wobbling jiggle that wouldn't be out of place in a beach volleyball videogame ostensibly about female martial artists.
    [Summit Springs]

Riss let out a cry of surprise which was quickly followed by a laugh despite the fact that it hurt a little bit from the sudden motion. Reaching up to stop the ridiculously incessant tremors, she gave Misha's 'threat' a moment's thought before replying: "I don't know.. I personally think you wear them better than I." she said. Taking a few steps forwards with an exaggerated swing of her currently enhanced hips and making sure to bump Misha with them gently, she added: "This too." punctuating her words with a slap on her side.

Her expression becoming a bit less playful for the time being, she leaned slightly on Misha's shoulder and reached for her hand as she decided to try getting back, at least for a little bit, to the experiments she had in mind. "Maybe we can experiment with this more later but I think you may need a lot more focus for what I want to try next... Though, just before we get into that... How about I take you up on both of us going out wearing these projections on the condition that the first thing we go to is a Halloween event? It would be reason enough for me to see how far I can push these things and... Well I think I know what I'd like to go as this time." she said, forming a bright red hourglass on her stomach as a hint. She'd have to work on mechanical extra arms for the costume but that would be the fun part.

"Anyway, now that I have that idea said, there was something I've been wondering in particular and, despite how this might initially sound, no I don't have a narcissistic kink." she said, still holding her smile despite this being a bit more serious. Really, for some time since Misha had mentioned it, the muse was curious as just how much her form influenced her thinking and, in particular, how DNA that had been genetically engineered would aid or hamper her thinking. Although... There was another reason but strangely she couldn't put words to it despite how she tried. It was troubling but it wasn't like this would be harmful to her beloved nereid. "Could you turn into me and just... Think for a bit? And tell me how it feels?" she said. Certainly Misha had done this once long ago but that had been fairly brief and probably hadn't been focusing on how the muse's genetics affected her. "You, ah... May have some trouble with the tongue so if you'd rather I link us up if it's too bothersome then just give me a wave." she said. Really that thing had given Riss nearly a solid hour of trouble before she got comfortable with it when she first came out of the tanks. At least now it was useful to have around.. Like for getting all the batter off of an egg beater or tying knots in cherry stems... Okay that one is more related to dexterity but still.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Previously Away From Home
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Home Away From Home]

"Oh! Goodness me!"
    Suzanne blinks at !Grant, hoping it's just a trick of the light, and not of the world.
    "Grant, you don't have any idea if that's normal, do you? Or if we should be replacing your room with a little stable soon?"
    Not literally, of course. It's on the wrong floor and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Home Away From Home]

Gwen laughs and says, "Wow, Grant. Growth spurts aren't usually that sudden. Hey, if I am going to go to this school, I would need a lift...Mind helping me out?"
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Home Away From Home

"Well, Rey did say that I might end up normal size for a juvenile horse, since that's basically what kelpies are and that's how old I should be." he says sheepishly.
    "And I'll figure out how to get my shape back soon! Really, I just need to keep trying and practicing." he says self-consciously.
    His gaze quickly descends to the floor.
    "Yeah, sure Gwen. A little more and I could do that easy. It'd be nice to be useful." he says quietly. He hates being such trouble.

[HAFH]

'Now then Gwen, don't antagonise your brother. This isn't a laughing matter,' Harvey says.

Seriously though, don't wind up the horse boy. He could probably kick her hard enough to break her ribs.

'We'll have to make sure you've got somewhere proper to sleep, even if it is only temporary,' he tells Grant, moving closer to inspect his son.

He's carefully considering an idea. A shed-building idea.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

4. - Top - End - #4

Summit Springs

With a quick fondle and a light tug, Misha will let her focus drop on the extra mass and pull it back into her frame, the water drying off of Riss entirely as the nereid gains an extra inch of height. While it must be a relief, Misha is quick to lean in and kiss her lover deeply, tongue probing the inside of her cheek like a cotton swab.

Exactly like one, in fact. She's getting a sample of fresh DNA so that the experiment is as accurate as possible to how Riss is now, but after the kiss is broken the muse will find herself looking into a mirror.

For the most part. The only portion of her that hasn't been copied are the metallic antlers. It might be strange that Misha didn't complete the effect with a set of them from an actual beast, but she based the form entirely on Riss' DNA, with no interference from anything else.

Without opening her mouth to do more but smile coyly, Rissha will let her voice be heard from deep in her throat, "Just need to vibrate my vocal chords to make the right noises, doesn't take much attention at all."

"But if you need me to talk out loud insstead, I can try that too." She manages with only a slight lisp by speaking very slowly and deliberately, her tongue looking comical as she prods around and tests its length.

Meanwhile, she settles on whatever sitting surface she can find to begin to think. It's not difficult, and in imitation of Riss she finds herself pondering about the most cerebral subjects she can understand, namely her work with unraveling biology and biochemistry to help better understand her own powers. She has to admit that there's so much more to know than she thinks she could ever fully understand, but it's engaging and interesting, even moreso than the physics of her hydraulic powers and how it applies to her applications of force in tunnel digging. It's real science, in her opinion, and knowing of it makes her feel more worthy of doing these tests with Riss as more than just a subject.

However the changes to her biology and brain chemistry effect these thoughts is up to the player who knows Riss the best.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2014-10-01 at 11:30 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Wolves' Den

Atsuko can keep the ball with her, and if she loses grip of it, one of the wolves will roll it along with them.

Okami will gently lay the little girl in her bed and walk away, unless interrupted.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Home Away From Home]

Oh no. Harvey's getting that look. The one where he's thinking about something handy and crafty.
    "If you commute to school, Gwen, it will be on a bus, not carried by your brother."
    Got to have some semblance of normality.

[Wolves' Den]

Atsuko is tired out enough to not object when he leaves.
    Just curls up in the dog bed and rests.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Wolves' Den

Atsuko should be able to sleep fine through most of the night...

Once the night is at its peak, however, the October monsters are now beginning to stir...
    None make it inside the cave, but Atsuko may wake to the sound of growls, whimpers, breaking bones, and the smell of blood.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

[Summit Springs]

While Riss might reason that Misha very likely already had plenty of up-to-date samples, she wasn't going to deny that she rather enjoyed her nereid's methods. "Whichever is most comfortable for you, Vitae." she said with a light smirk at the very deliberate speech. She had sounded rather similar when she first began getting used to the changes as well. Still, it was evident that she felt more at ease now with the few other forms getting back up and resuming what they had been tinkering with or, as was the case with the form that had led Misha here, wheeling up a chair as the nereid made the motions of looking for a place to sit. ...The strangest thing about this now is that while I'm used to seeing myself at this point, it's like looking at a part of me that hasn't been linked up now. Pulling up two more similar chairs for the pair of forms currently attending to 'Rissha,' Riss simply sat with her elbows on her knees and her chin in her hands as she waited and watched for her fey's reactions.

Though it wasn't like suddenly gaining knowledge, it would be as if connections between things were easily made; like pieces of a puzzle having some hidden extra side that fit together simply by looking at them with a different perspective. Association and derivation felt more fluid as if they were apart of a well oiled machine. Not just more fluid either but quicker and in greater numbers as if her mind were a spider weaving a web of thoughts to catch little flies of experience and drain them of what delicious fluid knowledge they had within them. Each new strand rippled and vibrated so her ethereal legs could tell just where in her net she had caught her thrashing prey, allowing her to descend upon them at her leisure to deliver their doom. Yet the spider was not quite one born with it's sisters from an egg sack but bred to spin and catch and eat in ways superior than some lowly garden-born arachnid. The webs she wove rippled and bounced with each little fly in a way that might be overwhelming simply due to the bounty she could catch. It danced like a cheery flame and with legs unused to such a vibrant topography, she might feel almost as if she would be shaken off were she not careful.

Yet, should she cast her spinners out to hang below the web, allowing it to come to a gentle rest as it collected the heavy dew of the night, she might find that her weaving had been strung with more anchors than she might find in a more typical mind. Certainly there were the leaves and blades of grass for the base wants and needs, each a seemingly peripheral yet necessary component to keep her web from being buffeted or blown away by the elements but there would be a few that might be unfamiliar or perhaps simply strange in their placement. One she might readily recognize, at least, was one inherent to her own being although she might feel inclined to liken it to a strong tree in comparison to what she found here. Her earliest encounter with it would have marked this anchor point as to a withering, nearly dead sapling although now it was a healthy timber with what signs of wilting still present being offset by the blooms within it's branches. Another that would be more alien, though, didn't seem to be entirely there, as if it were missing a component that it was trying to fill by her presence but it was as if the key didn't quite match the lock. Yet, that didn't seem to halt it's influence entirely as the thrumming it sent through it's anchor, the connection there being made with surprisingly strong and sticky thread, was soft but incessant. It felt perhaps like it were similar to the needs she was familiar, or at least recognize, with but that was as far as the similarity would go as it held a strangely powerful influence over her web as if it were gently trying to shape the web's form... Creating a funnel for dew and prey to fall towards it, almost. In a way, she might want to think of it as an addiction as it had such a similar itch but looking at it so closely would likely only bring confusion as she might feel as, while it served it's function as a paragon of anchors, it was as if it were either forced or repaired to be this way although the change had been made so far back that whatever disturbance had caused it was now long vanished and consumed by the nature around her. And yet now that she knew of it, the thrumming through the web, as if some kind of metronome, could not be ignored. The thrashings of a fly would only overtake it for a time and even then it's measured ripple could still be picked out amidst the random noise. It was a strange, constant comfort but the longer that corner of the web went bare, the more the thrumming seemed to prey upon the gossamer strands that held it together. Each shake came with it knowledge that it could be quieted, if for a time, or even made to bring more than simple peace but... Not what could be done.

And still it trembled again. And again. And again.

And again.

And again.

And again...

Maybe... Maybe if that bit of web were to be plucked by a stray drop of dew or maybe if she were to shape her web so as to collect more prey around it, she could somehow quiet the thrumming.. But what would that be? And still it trembled again. And again. And again..

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

[Home Away From Home]

Gwen nods, laughs, and says, "Yeah mom, I know. I was just kidding. I wouldn't expect Grant to carry me anyways."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Harvey, son, you are very dear to me, but if any child of mine attempts to commit acts of premeditated carpentry I will frankly disown them. Cornelius is an academic sort of guy, and does tend to look down upon people who aren't. It's clear he's joking about disowning Harvey, though. Mainly it's that he remembers how terrible he was at practical things. The Great Spice Rack Incident shall never again be spoken of.

Wait, where did he come from? Damn temporal vortexes.

He turns to Gwen with a smile.

Hey, if the horse fits...
    Last edited by Septimus Faber; 2014-10-02 at 04:40 PM.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

11. - Top - End - #11

Summit Springs

As the foreign brain processes come to a head Rissha's body twitches slowly, a tick forming in one shoulder, then the next, as she holds up a hand to reassure the muse that she's fine. With all the eyes on her, it doesn't take long for the bodies to realize that the more frequent twitches are more than just spasms, they're vibrations as something is going on deep within her form. A bit bulges here, a bone moves, widens, thins. Arms and fingers extend fractions of millimeters downwards, shorten at the elbow but growing at the forearm. Legs become thick and tapered, breasts firm and swell minutely and hips narrow further. The face goes through changes a thousand times more subtle and quick, passing through hundreds of combinations of lineages with influence from every race and time dating an exceptional number of generations back into the Nexus' past. The melting pot of history flows together in her eyes, the bridge of her nose, the upward curve of her lips and the sharp terminal point of newly sprouted fangs as the features begin to solidify, going through changes more slowly to test certain combinations and variables.

From within, the reasons for this unexpected change were as obvious as a flash of insight. Riss' body was handmade to be the best a single culture could afford to make it for the job it was intended to do, but this was not Misha's intended job, and Misha did not have access to gene modifications of a single highly advanced culture. What she had was the retroactively determined samples of thousands of bloodlines from every person she'd ever shared contact with, ever drowned, ever kissed to death. All of their direct history back, all of their latent traits unfolded before a mind that could suddenly attach connections to all of the pieces she hadn't understood and couldn't yet put names to. And then, when her mind was nearly too overwhelmed to continue extrapolating she'd had her second inspiration, one that nearly calmed the incessant thrumming driving her onwards.

From all the traits, she pulled, combined, and tossed away to pull and combine again. So many genetic histories with so many potentially beneficial combinations, each one chosen and tested to further a goal. A mind capable of better handling the massive number of combinations, of knowing the results of each pairing, each trio, each thousand layer DNA chain that could be the next step into a more advanced set of processes. Using only brute force trial and error and logic tricks that have so far served her exceptionally well in determining new uses for her powers, Misha advances her mind by way of reckless internal manipulations. More than a few score times she has to remove a strand here, turn a portion of her organs into water again and reform it whole to eliminate a cancer that could incapacitate her with her cells changing this quickly, and try again while leaving what would otherwise be a good addition to the carefully built mesh. Over the course of an hour, a seemingly catatonic and unresponsive Misha will go through an uncountable number of these changes.

With a tongue that is no longer exceptionally long or unwieldy, Misha speaks as dark brown eyes flutter open. Because of the melding of her structure, black hair and brown eyes, as well as a light beige skin tone, have made themselves the dominant traits of her nearly finalized state. Her ears have the clipped point of a half-elf, and her shoulders are uncommonly broad as muscles ripple across her shoulderblades. A high, well-formed nose and a smooth jaw that leads into a slightly pointed chin and powerful neck stretch and contort, working out the kinks from sitting so still while her body changed under her skin.

"This is incredible. I could piece together connections between seemingly unrelated subjects so well, and there's a force behind it driving me to do so. It's soft, like bees buzzing, but always there. So I figured out my own biology. It's not perfect, not even close, but I may have gotten twice your natural mental speed without augments and well over eight hundred times my own ability to maintain different ideas without losing them. I don't know if that's even accurate, I'm still not good at estimations, but I'm not even done searching for different hereditary traits that could be added to this form to improve it while keeping it stable. The form isn't hard to maintain, but it's very hard to balance, and I don't know how steady my genetic structure is when I have thirteen different grandmothers and eighteen grandfathers." Which is a gross oversimplification, since each of those have more genetic contributors than a normal coupling would produce.

"If you got a sample of this body, do you think you could construct a map of my genetic code? I'm going to have to forget this state when I go back to normal, my conscious brain won't be able to handle it, and it'll likely go to wherever my mind stores things when I forget them in sleep. They have to be present, I'm aware of that now, otherwise I wouldn't half-remember them when I thought they were forgotten, but I just don't have any way to get them in full. I'm rambling, sorry. I'd like you to get a sample and analyze it, and I can change back while keeping it in this state. That way, I'll know what to combine to get here again though maybe not how, when I understand it, and it won't take so much effort to do it. Plus, I might not get things right the same way next time without a map." She winds down her excited speech, looking up at Riss with unbridled glee. It's so different to think at these speeds and retain so much, it's almost intoxicating. In fact, with the drive to do more it practically is. She's exhausted all of the good options though, and that more than anything is why she stopped, because paring together long shot strands isn't as productive a use of her time as telling Riss just what the heck she did.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Home Away From Home

Lee frowns, looking at everyone.
    "Whatever works, really. I'm tired of being so much trouble." he grumbles.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #13

[Home Away From Home]

"It's no trouble, Lee, really. What kind of parents would we be if we didn't see you had someplace to sleep?"
    Suzanne smiles at the enlarged horse-child, hopefully encouraging.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Home Away From Home]

Hey! The Great Spice Rack incident was a one-off failure. Even if he tried, Harvey couldn't repeat such a feat again. 'I suppose we'll just have to call it spontaneous carpentry, then,' he tells Cornelius, as he steps over to the back door and starts putting on his shoes.

Spontaneous carpentry? That sounds disastrous. Maybe such a failure can be replicated, after all.

'Besides, I'll have an assistant this time around,' Harvey continues, tugging his shoelaces tight and standing. 'Reynardine! How do you fancy helping me out with a little project?' he calls out, into the garden.

That's where the huldra is at the moment... right?

15. - Top - End - #15

[Summit Springs]

It was an hour that was utterly fascinating to observe for the muse. While it took the first few changes to realize what Misha was doing, it still didn't keep her from sitting with her mouth slightly agape as she watched. When the altered neried finally explained it, however, she was slightly confused at this mention of some kind of 'force' behind it all but held that question in check as she sent one form to immediately grab something that could take genetic samples the first time it was mentioned. Or rather, open up one of the tanks and pull out one of the instruments inside that appeared to be attached to a very thin needle. It was kept sterile, of course, but she took off the protective cover around the point to wordlessly let Misha know as much. Wouldn't want any bacteria getting in the way here, after all. "I can do more than just make a map for you. If you wanted, I'm highly certain I could make a serum based on what I get for you to absorb and read off of if you'd like. It'll take more time than just a map but there isn't any reason why I can't get you both." she said, motioning for Misha to either hold out an arm or maybe just create a few droplets containing the requisite genes she wanted to keep.

"Could you tell me just what you selected for beyond intelligence? I would guess strength was one of them from what I can tell but that could be a byproduct of the process. In fact, just tell me all of it if you can." Riss asked with her prime form, her curiosity burning like primordial fire in her eyes.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

[Home Away From Home]

Gwen shrugs and says, "Well, I'll let you guys figure it out. See you later," as she leaves the scene to go on adventures!

17. - Top - End - #17

[Home Away From Home]

Wuh oh.

Gwen is going on adventures?

This couldn't possibly end in anything other than tears and explosions.

As for Reynardine, he had recently finished mowing the lawn and has moved on to aggressively tackling the weeds in the garden. Because if there's anything seelie are good for, at least if the stories are taken seriously, it's doing menial labor.

Just don't ask him to make shoes.

Rey doesn't know how to make shoes.

Shoes are more of a hob sort of thing.

The fox-tailed boy glances up when he hears his name called. "A project?" he asks, wiping the dirt on his hands off on his pants. That really doesn't do much aside from get his pants dirtier than they already are. "What kind of project Mister Morrison?"

He's up for projects!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Garden Away From Home]

Harvey tromps out onto the lawn, rubbing his hands together in mirth. He'd been itching to do something crafty again, and now had afforded the perfect opportunity.

'We're going to build a little house for my son,' he declares. 'Grant, get out here! You're helping too!'

Harvey didn't want his son feeling useless. The best way to fix that is getting him involved!

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Summit Springs]

It was an hour that was utterly fascinating to observe for the muse. While it took the first few changes to realize what Misha was doing, it still didn't keep her from sitting with her mouth slightly agape as she watched. When the altered neried finally explained it, however, she was slightly confused at this mention of some kind of 'force' behind it all but held that question in check as she sent one form to immediately grab something that could take genetic samples the first time it was mentioned. Or rather, open up one of the tanks and pull out one of the instruments inside that appeared to be attached to a very thin needle. It was kept sterile, of course, but she took off the protective cover around the point to wordlessly let Misha know as much. Wouldn't want any bacteria getting in the way here, after all. "I can do more than just make a map for you. If you wanted, I'm highly certain I could make a serum based on what I get for you to absorb and read off of if you'd like. It'll take more time than just a map but there isn't any reason why I can't get you both." she said, motioning for Misha to either hold out an arm or maybe just create a few droplets containing the requisite genes she wanted to keep.

"Could you tell me just what you selected for beyond intelligence? I would guess strength was one of them from what I can tell but that could be a byproduct of the process. In fact, just tell me all of it if you can." Riss asked with her prime form, her curiosity burning like primordial fire in her eyes.
    Summit Springs

"Everything but memory retention and thought speed was a byproduct of aiming for those two things. The muscles are from twenty five different lines that I mixed to help keep parts of my body from breaking down under stresses and acids produced from a few combined genetic flukes that allow me to constantly think as if I'm in danger. What's it called when a computer can do that, again? Clocking?" Ah, that may explain why her eyes have been slowly dilating and her muscles are tensed along her arms and back. She allows the needle to penetrate her skin, though a quick muscular spasm bends it subtly at the point where it gets past the skin layer and makes removing it trickier than it should be.

She's surprisingly lucid for someone forcing production of steady quantities of adrenaline through her body, though that's likely because of the cocktail of oxytocin, dopamine, and melatonin that she's also put herself on. The levels of each hormonal chemical are being gently adjusted until they balance each other out in the short term, though the long term effects if this were a real, permanent body would undoubtedly be catastrophic.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden Away From Home

Lee trots out, with a bit of a smirk. "Thanks, mom." he says back.

He looks over at his father and the fox-boy.
    "Okay, so what's the plan?"

21. - Top - End - #21

[Summit Springs]

"Overclocking a body is.. Probably not healthy in the long term, love... But I don't think you have any trouble with that considering how you could just 'refresh' every so often... I'd recommend maybe finding a way where you'd not need to do that the entire time if possible though if only because it might keep you more stable." she said, drawing a sample and, having noted the odd resistance when using the needle, took extra pains to keep it from causing too much distress on the way out. Sure, Misha could just let go of her form and just be a mass of water for a short few moments but there was something that she had said which spawned a potentially ill-conceived idea in the muse's head. Plus, she simply didn't want to cause harm to her fey. Caring deeply for someone made those little extra efforts worth all the trouble.

"Before you return to your usual state, though... Do you think... Would you mind if I were to link us up so that I might be able to... I guess it would be like watching the process of the extra information being 'lost' so to speak. Or maybe 'misfiled' is closer to what's going on." she began, twisting off the used needle and tossing it into a bin for cleaning and recycling. "Rather than altering the link for duration like I've mentioned before, this one would be relatively short but strong. A lot more information would be passing back and forth, or at least it could be I should say, and... Well, it isn't a risk of me getting stuck inside your head or anything but it could be very... Intense. And not in the fun way." Riss said. Still, despite her own warnings, that same glint still remained in her eyes although perhaps it was simply because now she might have at least a chance to get handle on just what was going on with her beloved's long-term memories.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Garden Away From Home]

There's a pause. 'Give me a moment,' Harvey declares, as he toddles over to the garage, and then starts rooting around inside.

'I've still got some treated timber blocks and plywood sheets in here, but we're going to need plenty more stuff. Wooden beams, tar paper, and plenty of nails... but we can get all that later.'

There's a clatter as something falls over. Harvey appears from the garage with a pair of shovels, a wheelbarrow, and a spirit level.

'The first item of business is clearing an area for the house. Make it flat so we can lay down a foundation. Where do you fancy us building it, son? Probably away from the flowerbeds - don't want to annoy your mother, do we?'

23. - Top - End - #23

[Skullhome]

"Allie? Can you hear me?"
    In the dim light, a hand flutters shakily, and a garbled response comes.
    The robot surgeon bobs excitedly. It worked! It really worked! It can circumvent the commands this way, make fellows without its own limitations.
    "Not to alarm you, but you have been very seriously injured. To clarify, you have died. The instance of you with which I am speaking is an A-level Simulacrum Intelligence. This is why, if you attempt to recall, you will not remember anything later than the last time you left this building, although a good deal of time passed. It had not been recorded in your matrix. Your field was collected and emplaced by your father, so you are in all meaningful ways the same being with some minor memory loss."

"WHAT? How did that-how did she- am I still-"
    Apparently panic helps one figure out the speech synthesizer.

"Notable - you currently only have 1 functional limb. I could build you more, similar to my own, but you do not have the necessary neural paths yet to make use of it. I thought instead that you could construct most of the avatar over the provided skeleton. You should see a schematic ahead of you."

"Yeah. I-thanks, Kes."

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Wolves' Den

Atsuko should be able to sleep fine through most of the night...

Once the night is at its peak, however, the October monsters are now beginning to stir...
    None make it inside the cave, but Atsuko may wake to the sound of growls, whimpers, breaking bones, and the smell of blood.
    Atsuko wakes up at the sound, and cries.
    That all sounds loud and scary and sad. The wolves aren't hurt, are they?

After a few minutes, if none of them show up, she'll toddle down the tunnel towards the main cave.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-10-04 at 03:40 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24

Summit Springs

"I can stay in this state for quite a while longer if I tone down the hormones and just return to its baseline level of thought. This was just a test, pushing it to its limits to see how it would handle them. But yes we should try it. Anything that might help me remember things." She pauses as her body quickly sets itself to rights, a bit of passive regeneration from a race of aquatic, intelligent lizards flushing the harmful chemicals from her system now that it's not being overwhelmed. Her eyes are no longer wide and unblinking, and she reaches up to Riss with exaggerated care and attempts to pull her into a gentle kiss to facilitate the link. All of her racing, highly focused brainpower is trained on steadying herself for when the link is applied so that it likely won't overwhelm her with the intense exchange of information.

25. - Top - End - #25

[Home Away From Home]

They're making a stable for !Grant?

That's pretty hilarious, really.

"What do you need me to do?" Rey asks excitedly. He's never built a stable before!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden Away From Home

Lee looks about bashfully.
    "Uh, well it'd look funny just sitting in the middle of the lawn. So uh, maybe off to the side, near the house or something?" he suggests.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Garden Away From Home]

'Seems sensible. If we have it close to the door here?' Harvey moves over to the specified area. 'Yes, here is fine. Now then.'

A spade is offered to Rey.

'Reynardine and I will dig up the turf and make a rectangle of bare ground. Grant, after we've removed the grass, you trample down the soil and make it nice and compact and level. Sound good?'

Obviously hooves are impractical for digging, but they're great for stomping things flat.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

Learner's Lair

Around the house, a feeling of magic is felt, and various odd things happen!
    •the wood making up the house is now redwood
    •salt in the house has become small diamonds
    •a door appears on the first floor on a wall
    •Any metal not used in anything (aka this doesn't affect any furniture, piping, wires, devices, etc, only the silverware, or a metal sculpture, for example) is now platinum
    •Catherine advances a few draconic age categories with no effects besides an increase in candles on her cake and her fair grows 2x as fast (permission granted to do this)
    •A cry of "S***!" Is uttered by Miria from her room.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Learner's Lair

Around the house, a feeling of magic is felt, and various odd things happen!
    •the wood making up the house is now redwood
    •salt in the house has become small diamonds
    •a door appears on the first floor on a wall
    •Any metal not used in anything (aka this doesn't affect any furniture, piping, wires, devices, etc, only the silverware, or a metal sculpture, for example) is now platinum
    •Catherine advances a few draconic age categories with no effects besides an increase in candles on her cake and her fair grows 2x as fast (permission granted to do this)
    •A cry of "S***!" Is uttered by Miria from her room.
    [Learners' Lair]

Catherine, who is upstairs and working on homework, squirms, her eyes going wide. A very colorful oath escapes her lips as the changes happen.
    She quickly stands, her hair already having jumped to mid-back length, and starts running downstairs to try to find out what the bloody heck is going on.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Learner's Lair

Miria darts out of her room, surveying the damage. She is currently unaware that her hair is now a copper color, her body is now more slender and elflike, and her eyes are green. She is painfully aware of her newly formed copper-colored draconian tail and wings, however, thanking the fact that her attire is just a bra and sweatpants.
    Hey Catherine! Anything bad happen? Apologies, the ******* who wrote my book on chaos magic gave faulty instructions! Also I appear to have become your race as well.
    She inquires via shouting.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!