New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [BITP:R2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

"They say that this isn't just a war anymore; it's the war. It's the last one that really matters, and the last one that will ever matter."

~ Anonymous Foot Soldier, KIA by Low-Level Hollow.

They say war brings out the best and worst in us.

That is wrong.

They say war gives us heroes and villains.

That is wrong.

War is not black and white, it is merely differing shades of gray. But not a normal gray, no - this gray is stained scarlet by blood, and remains uncleaned by necessity.

Fifty years ago, the Hollows retreated. Not a small retreat either; no, they completely vanished off the map. They did not attack the Mortal Realm, they did not enroach upon Soul Society territory. They disappeared, completely and totally, never to return, according to some.

Except that was wrong.

Seireitei should have never become so complacent.

For when the Hollows came, they did not hold back.

Blood spilled over the green grasses of the Outer Districts - one of them, Number 78, was nicknamed "The Scarlet Garden", for it had been a beautiful place until the blood poured over the ground, going so deep that it could never be truly free of the stench of death and decay.

Recruits poured in by the hundreds - even Mortals could feel the fray from across the veil of death, and those who could aid immediately jumped to action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BiTP:R2. This is a bit different, because we keep dying due to lack of action, lack of conflict, et cetera.

A few things before we begin.

You may be:

• A Shinigami.
    • A Hollow.
    • A spiritually powered mortal.

But, keep in mind - this is a new war, that has occurred directly after peace. Even the captains are fresh, all the old ones either having been promoted to Zero Squad or retiring. In this war, there is no "Oh I don't like fighting" in the ranks that is loudly proclaimed. The higher ranks are oftentimes insane or fight so hard and often that they don't really consider others human anymore. Captains will make tough decisions all the time - send a favored subordinate to death, or doom a District to destruction? Kill one civilian to save a hundred, or try to save as many as you can?

It'll be pretty fun.

Here is an example of a low-powered foot soldier.

John Smith
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: Average.
    Weight: Average.
    Side: Seireitei.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

The most generic of everymen.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As generic as generic can get.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

John is handy with a pike, and has some talent with Kido. Overall, he's pretty average.

[Write a bunch of stuff your character can do here. The more specific the better!]

Race Specific Add-ons:[spoiler]
    Shinigami
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Example

Name: Muramasa

Release Command: "March, Muramasa!"

Appearance: An average sized katana, with a blade as black as the night sky. It faintly glints in the moonlight.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: The blade does not change, but the wielder gains a spectral cloak that floats around him/her.

Abilities: The wielder can now control up to eight nearby dead bodies, manipulating them to his/her will. The bodies retain full use of their abilities from life, and only stop when the wielder releases them from their tormented awakening.

Bankai: <NOTE: Most likely not applicable for anyone, even captains. You're a wartime Captain, a rapid promotion who has no real experience.>
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:

Abilities:

Arrancar:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Example

Name: Carpe Jugulum

Release Command: "Strike, Carpe Jugulum!"

Appearance: A small but sinister looking dagger.

Resurreccion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: The wielder is covered in armor, his/her eyes only barely visible beneath their new, three horned mask. They grow to a massive size, and their hands and feet can now work in unison in order to strike an opponent.

Abilities: The wielder has an exceedingly keen eye, able to strike with uncanny accuracy. They most often focus on the throat.

Segunda Etapa: <NOTE: Rare Rare Rare. Very few people can have this, unless they justify it really well.>
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:

Abilities:

Da Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.
    Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
    Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
    Fourth, have fun!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
    These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

1. Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
      Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    2. TALK major fights over with your opponent!
      This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
    3. Don't argue in the OOC!
      They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Shamelessly stolen from the Railgun OOC write-up, which you should all go check out and play.

Let's go~
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-28 at 05:03 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

So, yeah...I'm in on this. I do miss the Bleach stuff.

Just gotta come up with a character now...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Count me in!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm definitely up for this. The way it seems to be going, though, Myojin may be a bit OP... cries but I do have a spiritually aware human that I didn't do much with. And he's pretty low-power. Would Higure still work for this scenario?

EDIT: Actually, Nabaaru hardly got used at all for what he was intended, and could probably work in this scenario with some tweaking.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-08-10 at 12:36 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

If this is going on, I'd be interested. It's been a while since I've done a good free-form RP.

I have two characters that I was planning to write separate fanfiction with but never got around to.

One would be a mortal, sort of.

The other would be a shinigami, 11th squad, probably unseated (though fully capable of fighting on a seated level at least).

I can post more info on each for approval if, hopefully, this gets off the ground.

EDIT: If needed I could probably force myself to think up a few extra characters in case roles need to be filled for certain faction(s).
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-08-28 at 11:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

I've got an idea, now, for a character!

When'll this thing start?

7. - Top - End - #7

Posting interest.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Same Tried to get into the last one but it died out it seems.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would like to post my intrest as well. Hopefully this time I will get to play long enough that my characters actually have an impact.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So... should we start posting character profiles/concepts here to get an idea for starting plots?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Working on a character now. A Vice Captain of some sort. Should have it up soon after I get back from grocery shopping.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

All right, posting a rough draft of a character, if for no other reason than to facilitate movement.

Feedback is, of course, appreciated.

I have a Soul Reaper and possibly a Hollow if they're needed I'll start working on too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Hakuto Kenzan
    Race: Human
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not really. Kenzan is actually a Zanpakuto spirit who was given a gigai and then his memory was erased. He used to be the Zanpakuto of a prominent shinigami who disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Perhaps she was the casualty of some conspiracy in Soul Society she found out about.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenzan stands tall at about 6’2’’, more with his hair which naturally comes to singly spikey-point. Despite being muscular and fit, he doesn’t appear to have a scratch or scar on him. He almost never wears the school uniform even when told to. Instead, he wears a slightly oversized navy jacket, black t-shirt, and loose slacks as his usual outfit. He dresses for convenience rather than comfort or fashion. His features aren’t unattractive, though he rarely smiles and his stare is initially intimidating to those who don’t know him.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenzan is usually reserved, and sees little point to most aspects of his current ‘mortal’ life (having no knowledge of his true origin). He skips school most of the time and often just explores his surroundings, wandering through city streets and parks, counting rocks or stars, drawing sketches or writing blurbs in quickly discarded notebooks. He’s polite enough to strangers, though he usually answers in short, one-word answers when he’s bored, which is often. He doesn’t seek out fights, nor does he avoid them, but then again he’s never really been in a situation he couldn’t handle before. Only recently is he able to see ghosts, hollows, etcetera, and that subject fascinates him to the point where he’ll seek it out. Once such things are a greater part of his life, who knows?

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenzan’s led a boring life from childhood until now. He doesn’t remember his father, who works overseas, at all, and he only barely remembers his mother. He lives in student-provided housing alone, and doesn’t have many personal possessions. He skips school almost all the time and doesn’t see much of the point in going. The topics taught leave him mindlessly bored. Only recently has he been able to see ghosts and hollows, and he has the vague sense there’s something else not quite right about his life…
    [b]Real History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not even Kenzan is remotely aware of his true origins. How he’s not even human. How his entire life including his parents were fabricated. The woman he recognizes as his ‘mother’ is a long-dead shinigami who died under mysterious and suspicious circumstances, possibly stumbling upon some sort of conspiracy. Sensing her death approaching, she took her Zanpakuto to ((insert Urahara-esque person here)) and placed the spirit in hiding. Kenzan was given a special, modified gigai that would grow and have its own life. Only now are powers starting to show.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenzan has an intuitive sense of fighting. Despite never having taken a martial arts class or any formal training, there are few humans who could pose any significant threat to him. Kenzan’s wanderings regularly have him taking on groups of armed hoodlums and he takes them all down without a scratch. His strength and agility are certainly abnormal, especially for a human. Although he’s never had to try until now, he could probably take most common hollows without too much trouble.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenzan’s unique origin comes with unique abilities. When fighting people or things native to the world of mortals, his attacks, while strong, are otherwise normal. When fighting anything of the spirit world, be it shinigami or hollow or something else, his attacks interact differently. His punches leave sword-stab wounds, his chops and kicks become slashes. His entire body is as durable and in fact has the same properties of a well-tempered Zanpakuto, despite looking perfectly human, granting him a certain level of invulnerability. Attacks that do manage to hurt him do not leave traditional wounds. He doesn’t even bleed so much as “break.” Wounds from a spiritual source look like dents or cracks in metal. Fortunately such wounds do naturally heal over time. A few days rest can even repair a literally broken arm.

Shikai: (Not achieved yet)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Release command unknown.

Kenzan is covered from neck to toe in a strange, edged, armor, actually an extension of his own body. Besides drastically improved strength, speed, and durability, the ability of his Shikai is to literally cut anything. From flesh and steel to energy and kido to even abstractions like illusions or willpower. Though he has to think about what he wants to cut. The stronger or more unusual the target, the more training and focus he would need. This is a Shikai that would have to develop over time.

Plans for Character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing too specific. Obviously he needs to learn more about the spirit world and train to unlock his abilities. When more of his past surfaces, he’ll definitely be interested in that. He’s good at heart, so being forced to choose a side he’d likely go with the shinigami or whoever’s not eating people.

13. - Top - End - #13

I have an idea for three characters. I don't have the time to write them all up now, but I'll post the basic concepts to see if people have objections.

1. Extremely high level Hollow, one of the oldest and most powerful in the war. Uses an aquatically based Resurrección. I'm planning for him to have a Segunda Etapa.
    2. "Blind Swordsman" archetype Shinigami. Heavily injured in the war, but still dangerous after vigorous training.
    3. Empowered mortal. A student, and the result of a Quincy program to create a biological weapon. Has no idea about his origins, but can eventually learn to use raw spiritual power to form destructive blasts.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    I have an idea for three characters. I don't have the time to write them all up now, but I'll post the basic concepts to see if people have objections.

1. Extremely high level Hollow, one of the oldest and most powerful in the war. Uses an aquatically based Resurrección. I'm planning for him to have a Segunda Etapa.
    2. "Blind Swordsman" archetype Shinigami. Heavily injured in the war, but still dangerous after vigorous training.
    3. Empowered mortal. A student, and the result of a Quincy program to create a biological weapon. Has no idea about his origins, but can eventually learn to use raw spiritual power to form destructive blasts.
    Blind swordsman, huh?

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

15. - Top - End - #15

Yes, that is a character who is blind and has a sword. I fail to see any relevance.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Blind Swordsman, huh?

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, I actually forgot he existed.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Rposted on Page 2!
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-09 at 06:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Wow, I actually forgot he existed.
    Ha, yeah, it's been a while since I was able to use Myojin. He's been through a lot though, including Bleachitp and Bleachitp Reborn. And yes, I based just a tiny bit of him on Tousen.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Here's a rough draft of my shinigami character.

I originally built this character for a universe with canon characters, so some adjustments had to be made.

Still willing to co-op on backstories and beginning plots with this guy and my other character.

Name: Kiba
    Age: Unknown, has the appearance of about 19 to 20 years old by human standards.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He stands at 6'4'' with a lean but very muscular build. He has medium-length naturally gray hair, constantly shaggy and unkempt, but by far his most noticeable trait are two gray furry canine ears replacing his normal ones. His hakama has the sleeves and leggings ripped off for maximum movement. Despite his feral appearance and mannerisms, he's not bad-looking. If he was cleaned up, he could even be describes as bishounen. All of Soul Society knows about his ears, but that doesn't stop him from routinely hiding them with various headwear.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kiba operates almost completely off of feral instinct. He fights like a wild animal with savage ferocity. When he "joined" Soul Society, he was a complete wild animal and had to be forced through the training. Fortunately, since then, he's at least adapted to the point of speaking, walking upright, and wearing clothes, though it's all still relatively new to him. While he seems to go berserk in battle, he still has a fight-or-flight instinct and a pack mentality. Thing like pride and honor don't matter as much to him though. Most of Soul Society remembers the eventful time when he first arrived, so many members of Soul Society rightfully fear him, even though nowadays, the only time Kiba attacks a fellow Soul Reaper is if he feels he's being challenged. He even reluctantly puts up with teasing from other Soul Reapers unless they're his subordinates. Although he'll never openly admit it, Kiba recognizes and respects those more powerful than him. If a Shinigami regularly beats him in a straight up fight, he'll follow orders. When it comes to any subordinates under his command, his choice of discipline is straight up physical violence. "Training sessions" with Kiba usually involve a quarter of his "students" so brutalized they have to be taken to 4th Squad, and the rest of the students usually suffer minor injuries.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kiba has a strange history among Soul Reapers. He was first found when an internal investigation led to one of the noble families in Seireitei being exposed for capturing hollows, mortals, and other creatures and having them fight for amusement. When the highly illegal gladiatoral matches were busted, Kiba was one of the few specimens not immediately put down. At the time, Kiba was completely feral, not responding to language, completely naked, and understanding nothing except bloodlust and killing to survive. The captain ((or vice-captain or whatever works in the context of the RP. When I originally made this character it assumed canon characters and Kenpachi and Yachiru took a shine to him.)) He became an unofficial mascot for the 11th squad, and even seated members had a difficult time keeping him in line. Eventually, the Captain Commander found out and forced 11th Squad to either put him down or actually train him to be a Soul Reaper. Kiba didn't take to the training well at all, but sheer discipline eventually got him to wear actual clothes, train, and follow orders. Most of Soul Society that was around at the time remember Kiba running naked around the grounds trying to evade capture by his trainers. Now, Kiba is more or less civilized, though definitely feral and beastlike compared to anyone else. During a training session, when his trainer tried to force him to use his zanpakuto to fight instead of his bare hand, Kiba broke the handle off in protest so it would be impossible to use. The issue wasn't pressed after that, and the blade remains broken to this day. Attempts to repair it have failed, as if its broken state is now its natural state.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kiba is extremely strong and fast, has a natural instinct for combat, and is one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in Soul Society. He doesn't ever use his zanpakuto, and barely knows which end of the sword to hold, but very few people in Soul Society can beat him in a straight up physical fight. In live combat, Kiba is routinely on the front lines, tearing apart hollows with his bare hands. His biggest kill so far is a manos grande he shunpo'd up to the mask and pounded into a bloody mess in the ground. Because he doesn't use zanpakuto in combat, to purify a soul requires someone to finish off his work. He works best when someone more tactically minded is directing him in a particular direction, causing said direction to be quickly destroyed. He is technically proficient with Shunpo, though true Shunpo masters would argue that. Kiba's Shunpo is fast, but it's also loud, noisy, and difficult to manuever mid-dash. But his raw speed is difficult to beat. Kiba has never learned a single Kido spell, and he has a definite weakness Kido spells that can't be overpowered through sheer force. Overall, despite not using his zanpakuto or any kido, Kiba can hold his own with the best of Soul Society's lieutenants, and depending on the captain he can last maybe a minute before the sheer power difference overwhelms him. He gets stronger every day though. Kiba also has heightened physical senses, especially a sense of smell that can somehow detect differences in reiatsu, able to distinguish between shinigami, hollow, or other spiritual beings by scent alone. This makes him an excellent tracker as well.

Zanpakuto: Shirokami.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: Shirokami's scabbard is loosely strapped to Kiba's back. The hilt is broken off, the blade itself permanently stuck in the scabbard, and it's remained that way ever since Kiba intentionally broke it, refusing to be repaired.
    Spirit and Spirit World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shirokami's spirit world is a dark forest lit by a campfire with a single cave where Shirokami resides. Shirokami is an old white wolf, missing an eye and a leg. Shirokami and Kiba do not get along, and actively fight whenever they meet, Kiba always losing.

Shikai: (Not Unlocked)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Release Command: "Howl at the Moon!" Silver tendrils sprout from the blade and scabbard of Shirokami and pierce Kiba's back. Then a portion of his body is covered in what looks like metallic fur, but is actually millions of tiny blades sprouting from his skin. His physical attributes are greatly increased, and it helps that his body has millions of tiny but strong blades to give his attacks extra strength. Exactly how much of his body is covered in this "fur" is determined by his relationship with his zanpakuto, and the two are not likely to get along any time soon.

Bankai: (DEFINITELY not unlocked yet)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Berserker Moon." His blade shoots up into the sky and becomes an artificial full moon, blocking out the sun. All who come into contact with its lunar rays are affected, becoming physically stronger, faster, and more bloodthirsty. Kido spells are completely negated, and kido-based zanpakuto are either negated or weakened depending on the strength. Kiba basically creates an environment where brute force and physical combat are greatly enhanced, but those who rely on Kido or similar tactics are at a great disadvantage.

EDIT: Removed the lunar phase bit because as Tebryn pointed out it is wonky for an RP. In the generic abilities section I also added heightened physical senses, including a sense of smell that can distinguish between different types of reiatsu.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-09-07 at 12:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll probably stick to one character at first though I was thinking of taking a different take on the Sixth Division what with this being a rather interesting state for Soul Society to be in. I was thinking perhaps the Sixth Division could be in part a Penal Military Unit, the Maggots Nest opened to all but the most deranged and violent of inmates and rolled into a Division which would more or less be tasked to keep an eye on them.

22. - Top - End - #22

Ooooo... I wanna join.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Since no one's voiced concerns, I'm going to do a write up for the Sixth and a bit of history on their involvement in the war. Hope more people submit characters. Really want to see this get off the ground.

24. - Top - End - #24

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Note to self: I have too many female characters

I haven’t seen a lot of Bleach manga for a couple of years, so I’ve [obviously] forgotten a lot. Also, I haven’t added all the details into their descriptions yet.
    But, here’s going to be my main characters!

I apologize, though, since I don’t remember any cool Japanese names.

Name: Tsukamoto Miya
    Race: Human
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Miya is the average student at [Random Japanese School] who loves Martial Arts. In fact, she does it in her spare time. She also trains with the katana. Her black hair reaches down to her shoulders, but she rarely lets her hair down.

Personality: Miya is extremely loyal to her friends, and greatly dislikes anyone who talks bad about them, often getting into a shouting match with anyone she doesn’t like. At the moment, she She doesn’t enjoy talking about her family, which is perfectly understandable, considering. Despite going even to yelling at those who she doesn’t know, Miya doesn’t like to impose on her friends, and usually won’t pry into what they do unless they invite her. This is because she had recently moved back to Japan, and doesn’t know anybody very well. Whatever friends she has made in these short months, she is very loyal to them.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Miya grew up here in Japan. Her mother was always sick. Her father lost his job, and, while Miya was still fairly young, they all moved to [somewhere in] Latin America with her mother’s uncle’s house. While there, Miya’s mother slowly got sicker and weaker, and mysteriously passed away. Things became awkward, but luckily Miya’s father got a new TOP SECRET SCIENTIST JOB in Japan. They both moved back to Japan, and Miya’s father is never at home. He is always away doing this TOP SECRET RESEARCH, which involves an organization which does research on Hollows. Miya is unaware of this, and only thinks that he does something for the government.

Her mother was, during the last war, 'called' to become a Substitute Shinigami to . She survived, obviously, got married late in life, and was already [oldish] by the time she had Maiku. (That explains why Maiku is an only child.) Maiku's father harbored a grudge against the Soul Society, for various reasons. One day, while they were still in Japan, Maiku's mother was attacked by a hollow. Unfortunately, the regular Soul Reapers arrived just a little too late. After defeating the Hollow, Maiku's mother seemed perfectly fine, but the Hollow had some ability to slowly infect its victim and slowly turn them into a Hollow. Maiku's father noticed this, but kept it hidden from the Soul Society. When it became really apparent that something was wrong with her, he took his wife and his daughter to Latin America, where she 'died' and slowly became a Hollow. He managed to keep this all a secret from his daughter, explaining that it was just an uncurable sickness. Just before she became a Hollow, she went to Hueco Mundo because she knew that she would attack her family first thing. Maiku and her father immediately went back to Japan. When Shinigami came to her father to find out what happened (they suspected that she became a hollow) to the old Substitute Shinigami, he told them that he personally killed her after she hollified. They seemed to believe him. As time went on, Maiku's father (irrationally) blamed the Soul Society for Maiku's mother's death. He found a human-based organization that does research on hollows. (I thought of this because it helps explain lots of her backstory - it explains how her mother died, it explains why her father is doing a Top Secret Hollow Research, and it explains how Maiku develops Hollow-type Spirit powers. It also gives a good early-on conflict in the Mortal Realm, with Maiku's Hollified Mother coming and attacking Maiku and anyone else nearby.)

[test:]
    Scene 1: In which Hikari gets infected
    Spoiler
    Show

Eight years ago
    Character: Miya (9 years old)
    Father: Haro (57 years old)
    Mother: Hikari (62 years old)
    Mother's 2nd cousin: Saburo (27 years old)
    Shinigami 1: Umeko
    Shinigami 2: Akemi

*Note1: This all is very skimmed over. I plan on adding more as I have more time*

Hikari and Haro were sitting on their front porch, reminiscing about the "Olden Days" when Hikari used to sneak off to fight hollows, and all sorts of stuff. Miya was playing in the back of the house with dolls. Haro mentioned how he doesn't want Miya to get involved with the whole Soul Society, saying it would completely destroy her life. Hikari agrees that it's dangerous, but disagrees saying that it's helping people.

Haro doesn't think very fondly of the Soul Society because Hikari's secret Hollow-fighting life made them break up just before their wedding day when Haro always saw Hikari sneaking off, this misunderstanding delaying their wedding for several years until Haro finally found out what was actually happening (stupid and selfish reason, I know). Ever since then, he made a new hypothesis about how the world works, and, despite his dislike, worked with some Soul Reapers to make a couple of devices that benefit Soul Reapers on the mortal realm (such as pendants that can mask Spirit Energy). Being a scientist, he loves to learn new things about the universe, even though he doesn't like dealing with things "already dead and gone, like it should be", says he.

Their reminiscing is cut short when a large Hollow leaves the Spirit World, looking for a good meal, and finds Miya first, thinking she'll be easy and delicious prey. Hikari hears this, and leaves her body to be a Shinigami to fight off the Hollow. Normally, she would quickly destroy the Hollow but it was so close to Miya that Hikari had to throw herself between the two to keep the Hollow from hurting her daughter. This left an opening, which the Hollow took advantage of, getting a single attack in.

The local Shinigami, Umeko and Akemi, came just in time to see the Hollow getting cut in half by Hikari. They notice her wound, but she brushes it off saying she's had worse before, and it'll just heal up sooner or later. They left to take care of another threat, promising to come back to check up on her.

This Hollow had a unique ability similar to that one in the manga, when it takes over the Shinigami. However, instead of immediately taking over the body of the victim, it slowly corrupts the victim's spirit unless healing Shinigami stuff is used.

Haro started using some of his pseudo-science tools (like the Spirit-Energy masking pendants) on his daughter and his wife to keep them safe from further Hollow attacks. Days later, Hikari's wound made passing out become steadily more common. The two Shinigami returned, and noticed a small growth, as well. Haro noticed it as well, and said it was cancer - something "a dumb non-mortal wouldn't care about". They cut out a little sample, to run research on it back in the Spirit Realm.

Haro found out that it matched Hollow Spirit Juice, and let his own pride and stupidity take advantage of him, and he finally let his dislike for the Soul Reapers cloud his vision. He wanted to prove that he could reverse Hollowfication without the help of the Soul Society, so he masked his own Soul Energy as well, and took his now-sick wife and his daughter off to visit Saburo, a far-away relative of Hikari.

Haro managed to convince Hikari that it really was just cancer (it helped that she was blacked out most the time), while he thought he was going through breakthroughs in curing it. The Soul Energy-blocking amulet actually slowed the rate at which the infection progressed. Finally, Haro told Hikari what was actually happening, and said that he almost has a cure. Yes, she was mad, but she soon realized that if she took off the pendant (to be able to use her Shinigami abilities and go to the Soul Society), she would completely lose control of herself and turn to a Hollow there, devouring a whole lot of innocent Spirit-people before the Shinigami could stop her. So she ended up just waiting for her unthinking husband research a cure

Without the equipment and research notes he left back in Japan, he hit a huge roadblock. He realized that he wouldn't discover a cure in time without his equipment and research notes, so he instead made another alteration to the Spirit Energy-masking amulet to make a connection between the one he had and the one his wife had. This was the only way his frenzied mind could think of: send her to Hueco Mundo, him return to Japan, then use the bracelet to 'call' her, as a hollow, back to the lab after he arrives, and finish. He's fairly confident that this will work, as his wife still wasn't 100% Hollow. Probably only 74% Hollow, which he sees as a chance to get her back and prove to the Soul Society that he's better than them. Breaking two sticks with one rock.

He kept this all a secret from Miya, who still couldn't see Spirit Peoples, except maybe with a little fuzziness, like looking through bad glasses.

He let her think that her mother died peacefully, when, in fact, they both agreed (her with reservations) to send her to Hueco Mundo.

They returned to Japan, and a Shinigami by chance noticed him, despite his masked Spirit Energy. They told him that the tested growth was, in fact, emitting Hollow Juice. He said that he found that out, and personally saw to it that she was cleansed before she completely became hollowfied.

Abilities: She is good at Martial Arts, and also using the katana and other cool things of the like. I’m planning on her soon being able to see Spirits. At the very very beginning of the story, she won’t be able to, though, but she'll quickly gain that power

Vetoed
    Name: [to be decided] Eriko
    Race: Spirit Unnatural Shinigami/Hollow mix,
    Previously Vice Captain-level before he went MIA
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: A man wearing traditional Shinigami clothing. Short spiky hair and a smirk on his face. He also has half of a Arrancar mask, symbolizing his dual personality. The white mask half is sorta on his forehead, almost covering an eye. He has a Hollow Hole in his chest. Looks like he would make a good Persian prince, or something.

Personality: He sort-of has a dual personality: the Shinigami half and the Hollow half, fighting for dominance. The Hollow half has more dominance, though.

Backstory: Now, it’s time for why he is the Shinigami/Hollow mix, and why it’s so unusual. Fifty years ago, during the previous war, him and his squad of 20 Shinigami were sent to Hueco Mundo on a Special Rescue Mission. There, they were ambushed and many of the large squad died. In order to give time for the survivors to escape, Jerico leapt into the battle, fighting the remainder of the Hollows. Somehow, he managed to defeat most of the Hollows, but just barely. He didn’t finish off the last foe, because his own Spirit Power was running up. His last foe was dying, as well. Due to some unexplained coincidence, the dying Shinigami and the dying Hollow’s Spirit stuff aligned and they both fused together. He has been stuck, wandering in Hueco Mundo, half hollow and half Shinigami, for the past 50 years, until war starts! Then, the game starts.

Abilities: Eriko is fairly good at the Demon Arts, but his forte was in his swordsmanship and in his fighting with his Zanpakuto.
    Shinigami
    Zanpakuto: Eikou no Bara (I hope I spelled/Googletranslated that right)

Release Command: "Dance, Eikou no Bara!"

Appearance: [undecided]

Shikai: [undecided]

Bankai: Does not, and probably never will, have.
    Arrancar:

Zanpakuto: Rosa de Gloria (Much easier)
    Release Command: "[undecided], Rosa de Gloria"

Resurrección: [undecided]

Segunda Etapa: Does not have, and probably never will.

Plans with him: I don’t really have any plans for him yet.

Name: Valentina
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Has the classic de-masked Hollow Humanoid look. She looks pretty human.

Personality: Dislikes those who are more powerful than her, because it makes her feel weaker in comparison. She prefers to be with those who are weaker than her. Valentina treats them as if they were equals…unless they disrespect her.

History: [undecided]

Abilities: [regular Arrancar abilities]

Arrancar
    Zanpakuto: Mandíbulas dela Tinieblas
    Release Command: [undecided]
    Resurrección: Valentina looks more panther-like. She has a dark red tail, she walks more hunched. Her eyes go catlike, and her skin looks a dark red color, with occasional white bone armor on her. Her whole right arm becomes black, like a mouth with large sharp black teeth. Literally, Jaws of Darkness which like to ‘bite’ and pierce things. They can even crush rocks in these jaws. She can also launch destructive spirit energy from the mouth.
    Her left hand is completely different. It looks more like the brush of a giant paint brush. Her whole arm is black, as well. The ‘brush’ is about the same size as the jaw on the right hand – a half meter across (about 1 ¾ feet?) diameter.
    Whenever the ‘brush’ side touches something, it leaves a black inky substance. This inky substance is incredibly foul-smelling and repulsive to Hollows, able to deter even a weakened soul from a hungry hollow. It also blocks out spirit Reitsu (?Is that how it’s spelled?) and spirit energies.

Name: Suou Nicole
    Race: Spirit
    Occupation: Shinigami of 11th Division/Joint Gotei Combat Division; Noble
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Young Shinigami Spirit girl, dressed like a Shinigami.

Personality: Her greatest motivation is revenge. Isn’t a stuck-up Noble.

History: Last living family member of a Noble Clan. The clan’s house was in Outer District 78, now known as the Scarlet Garden. They were all massacred in the Hollow attack, except her. She was left alive because she had snuck away from the ‘Tedious Duties’ of being a Noblewoman, in order to visit a ‘commoner’ friend.
    This noble clan was known for their special Spiritual Abilities.
    Because everyone she knows died, she decided to join the Soul Reapers in order to exact revenge.
    Unranked, and looking for revenge. Her power level grows faster than her ranking.

Abilities: She knows the magic basically, is fairly good at swordplay and so on. She has a natural ability (from being a member of said Noble Clan). These natural abilities are stronger than her Soul Reaper powers, and many of her progress as a Soul Reaper is due to this.
    One of these is that she can temporarily use her opponent’s abilities against them, if she manages to touch them. (I was thinking of Rogue from X-Men).

Zanpakuto: Kixyuuketsuki (Once again, I hope I spelled/Googletranslated that right.)
    Release Command:
    Appearance:
    Shikai: This amplifies her natural power-stealing abilities: Nicole doesn’t need to personally touch the opponent – she just needs her sword to strike them. When the sword hits, she not only gets to use (a weakened form of) her opponent’s abilities (which is more powerful each strike), but she also drains the opponent’s spirit pressure and powers – making them weaker, slower, their powers less controlled, weaker…etc. But only by very small degrees – say, 0.5% weaker/slower/etc each hit. After a lot of hits, yes, this racks up, but the first several hits won’t have much effect.
    She can temporarily use her opponent’s abilities against them, if she manages to touch them. (I was thinking of Rogue from X-Men). If her sword hits them, then it 'steals' a bit of their Spirit Pressure - makes them a little weaker (but only slightly. Only will be noticed in really long battles, because it is such a low rate.

Bankai: Does not have.
    Plans with her: [undecided]
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-14 at 12:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Eriko is vetoed on the "lolwat" principle.

After the catastrophic failure that occured because of combinations, why would you try to make Shinigami/Hollow? In the middle of an all-out war? I'm hesitant about letting Vizards play, let alone someone who can achieve both Bankai and Segunda Etapa.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Note to self: I have too many female characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Name: [to be decided] Nicole
    Race: Spirit
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Young Shinigami Spirit girl, dressed like a Shinigami.

Personality: Her greatest motivation is revenge. Isn’t a stuck-up Noble.

History: Last living family member of a Noble Clan. The clan’s house was in Outer District 78, now known as the Scarlet Garden. They were all massacred in the Hollow attack, except her. She was left alive because she had snuck away from the ‘Tedious Duties’ of being a Noblewoman, in order to visit a ‘commoner’ friend.
    This noble clan was known for their special Spiritual Abilities.
    Because everyone she knows died, she decided to join the Soul Reapers in order to exact revenge.
    Unranked, and looking for revenge. Her power level grows faster than her ranking.

Abilities: She knows the magic basically, is fairly good at swordplay and so on. She has a natural ability (from being a member of said Noble Clan). These natural abilities are stronger than her Soul Reaper powers, and many of her progress as a Soul Reaper is due to this.
    One of these is that she can temporarily use her opponent’s abilities against them, if she manages to touch them. (I was thinking of Rogue from X-Men).

Zanpakuto: Kixyuuketsuki (Once again, I hope I spelled/Googletranslated that right.)
    Release Command:
    Appearance:
    Shikai: This amplifies her natural power-stealing abilities: Nicole doesn’t need to personally touch the opponent – she just needs her sword to strike them. When the sword hits, she not only gets to use (a weakened form of) her opponent’s abilities (which is more powerful each strike), but she also drains the opponent’s spirit pressure and powers – making them weaker, slower, their powers less controlled, weaker…etc. But only by very small degrees – say, 0.5% weaker/slower/etc each hit. After a lot of hits, yes, this racks up, but the first several hits won’t have much effect.
    Bankai: Does not have.
    Plans with her: [undecided]
    The other two characters who weren't addressed look fine really. Though the bolded on this quote should be part of her Zanpakuto. That's a Shikai level ability if I ever saw one.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hmmmm... pondering joining as an axe crazy Arrancar.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

After the catastrophic failure that occured because of combinations, why would you try to make Shinigami/Hollow? In the middle of an all-out war? I'm hesitant about letting Vizards play, let alone someone who can achieve both Bankai and Segunda Etapa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The other two characters who weren't addressed look fine really. Though the bolded on this quote should be part of her Zanpakuto. That's a Shikai level ability if I ever saw one.
    I concur with both of these evaluations.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I have no idea what the "lolwat" principle is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    There; I edited those two characters. Eriko is now deleted and Nicole's ability has been put completely onto her Shikai sword thing. (I had actually written Eriko and Maiku for a completely different non-animé setting, and I knew that some things wouldn't transpose very well. Like his name, for one.)

Thanks for the critics!

During the weekend, when I have more time to think up the rest of their information, I'll clean up the characters and will probably repost it if I make large enough changes.

(Okay, someone else can make a character now.)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So are my two characters good? Should I condense the two into one post or change the profile format up any?