New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

I asked Tebryn to make the 11th Captain and vice-versa mostly so we could get those roles filled since we have vice-captains made, but no captains. And this saves us from being forced to make roles to fill in the entire division. Especially since it's implied that multiple arrancar could have Segunda Etapa.

I wouldn't say I plan on killing off Mizuki early, but let's just say she's expendable. If Tebryn wants to kill off Osuma early, well, that's fine. It'll be good starting drama for Kiba. If Mizuki ends up surviving long enough to become a mainstay character, awesome. Kiba and Kenzan are the only ones I really want to play for a long time and see how they develop. Mizuki will likely stay in the background until she's needed.

In other news...

By my count we have...

4 Mortal Characters
    Hakuto Kenzan (DiscipleofBob)
    Tsukamoto Maiku (Mahonri Violist)
    Iwamori Higure (CMOTDibbler)
    Sora Shiki (Terry576)

7 Shinigami
    Kiba, 11th Vice-Captain (DiscipleofBob)
    Suou Nicole, Unranked (Mahonri Violist)
    Isamaru Myojin, 10th Vice-Captain (CMOTDibbler)
    DEATH, Captain-Commander (Terry576)
    Yasunobu Sawada, “Kurohime", 6th Vice-Captain (Tebryn)
    Kenpachi Osuma, 11th Captain (Tebryn)
    Kaizoku Mizkui, 6th Captain (DiscipleofBob)

3 Arrancar
    Valentina (Mahonri Violist)
    Azmus "das Stachelschwein" von Greyssen (CMOTDibbler)
    Jehoel Yurius (Dorizzit)

We could probably start thinking about intercharacter relationships and starting plots. Out of curiosity, about how many more characters do you think we need before we can consider starting?

I'm trying to avoid writing up every character that comes into my head, but just in case it comes up and we need more characters, a few concepts I could make...
    • A peaceful, intellectual Shinigami captain with a plant-based zanpakuto (Unlikely since I already have one captain)
    • A harlequin-themed arrancar.
    • A teddy bear mod soul with the ability to generate interdimensional portals
    • A "manly" shinigami whose Shikai is a motorcycle.
    • A healer shinigami whose Shikai binds matter together instead of cutting it.
    • Pretty much anything else that's needed I could think of.

So yeah, let me know if there are any other non-main roles I could fill. I'm trying to stick to just Kiba and Kenzan for "main" characters, but I can come up with new guys on the spot.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Combined Sawada's Bankai and Shikai on reflection.

As for Osuma, I think it's fitting for the Sun to "set" as it were fairly early on. I'm not opposed to a dark theme. Especially if most of the Arrancar are going to be running around with Segunda Etapa.

Hopefully more people post characters though.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-11 at 04:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Especially if most of the Arrancar are going to be running around with Segunda Etapa.
    We have one Arrancar with Segunda Etapa so far, and it's supposed to be a very rare ability. I don't think it's going to be most of them.

In other news, I have a mortal character on the way. I think we have enough characters to start, but we could use some more Arrancar.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2012-09-11 at 04:20 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Terry indicated that Segunda Etapa wouldn't be rare, I was just going off that comment really.

5. - Top - End - #65

My interpretation of Terry's assorted comments on the matter was that Segunda Etapa is very rare, but exists.

6. - Top - End - #66

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Note to self: I have too many female characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Name: Tsukamoto Maiku
    Race: Human
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Maiku is the average student at [Random Japanese School] who loves Martial Arts. In fact, she does it in her spare time. She also trains with the katana, due to the oft-sent ninjas sent to capture her in order to get to her father. Her black hair reaches down to her shoulders, but she rarely lets her hair down.

Personality: Maiku is extremely loyal to her friends, and greatly dislikes anyone who talks bad about them, often getting into a shouting match with anyone she doesn’t like. She doesn’t enjoy talking about her family, which is perfectly understandable, considering. Despite going even to yelling at those who she doesn’t know, Maiku doesn’t like to impose on her friends, and usually won’t pry into what they do unless they invite her. This is because she had recently moved back to Japan, and doesn’t know anybody very well. Whatever friends she has made in these short months, she is very loyal to them.

Backstory: Maiku grew up here in Japan. Her mother was always sick. Her father lost his job, and, while Maiku was still fairly young, they all moved to [somewhere in] Latin America with her mother’s uncle’s house. While there, Maiku’s mother slowly got sicker and weaker, and mysteriously passed away. Things became awkward, but luckily Maiku’s father got a new TOP SECRET SCIENTIST JOB in Japan. They both moved back to Japan, and Maiku’s father is never at home. He is always away doing this TOP SECRET RESEARCH, which involves an organization which does research on Hollows. Maiku is unaware of this, and only thinks that he does something for the government.

[Her mother was, during the last war, 'called' to become a Substitute Shinigami to . She survived, obviously, got married late in life, and was already (mid 40s) by the time she had Maiku. (That explains why Maiku is an only child.) Maiku's father harbored a grudge against the Soul Society, for various reasons. One day, while they were still in Japan, Maiku's mother was attacked by a hollow. Unfortunately, the regular Soul Reapers arrived just a little too late. After defeating the Hollow, Maiku's mother seemed perfectly fine, but the Hollow had some ability to slowly infect its victim and slowly turn them into a Hollow. Maiku's father noticed this, but kept it hidden from the Soul Society. When it became really apparent that something was wrong with her, he took his wife and his daughter to Latin America, where she 'died' and slowly became a Hollow. He managed to keep this all a secret from his daughter, explaining that it was just an uncurable sickness. Just before she became a Hollow, she went to Hueco Mundo because she knew that she would attack her family first thing. Maiku and her father immediately went back to Japan. When Shinigami came to her father to find out what happened (they suspected that she became a hollow) to the old Substitute Shinigami, he told them that he personally killed her after she hollified. They seemed to believe him. As time went on, Maiku's father (irrationally) blamed the Soul Society for Maiku's mother's death. He found a human-based organization that does research on hollows. (I thought of this because it helps explain lots of her backstory - it explains how her mother died, it explains why her father is doing a Top Secret Hollow Research, and it explains how Maiku develops Hollow-type Spirit powers. It also gives a good early-on conflict in the Mortal Realm, with Maiku's Hollified Mother coming and attacking Maiku and anyone else nearby.)]

Abilities: She is good at Martial Arts, and also using the katana and Ninjitsu and other cool things of the like. I’m planning on her soon being able to see Spirits. At the beginning of the story, she won’t be able to, though.

Plans with this character: What with her father doing SECRET HOLLOW TESTING, I think that it’ll be alright her somehow getting HOLLOW-type powers. How? I’ve yet to decide.
    Maybe her father's (irrational) dislike of the Soul Society will be passed on to her?
    The parts in bold I have added. Does that work, do I have gaping flaws in my explanation, is it cool, or should I just try to think of a better idea?

I was sitting around waiting for math class when this idea came to me. Summary:
    Maiku's mother became a Substitute Soul Reaper oh-so-many years ago. Her death wasn't caused by some unexplainable sickness, but by a rogue hollow's powers. While in Latin America, the Hollow's infection made the mother became a Hollow, and they moved back to Japan. The scientist-father has harbored a grudge against the Soul Society ever since. I like it because it gives me a substantial excuse for Maiku to gain powers similar to a Hollow, it explains why Maiku's Father is involved in a TOP SECRET HOLLOW-TESTING company, it explains why Maiku's parents trained her in martial arts and swordplay, and it gives an immediate "Hollow attacks High School Student!" battle to start off the game.
    It just ties up all of this character's backstory nicely.

If this works, then a starting plot could be that Maiku's mother - now a hollow - attacks students after school, painfully letting them know that there is a Spirit side to the world.

I also noticed that I no longer have a male character. Maybe I could make Maiku's father an official character. Or I could just have lots of expendable male characters from all sides.

After I finish my homework for today (note: this means I'll probably only be online tomorrow night), I'll try to figure out how inter-character relations work with my characters and other people's characters. Maiku, recently moving back to Japan, probably won't know everybody, but I'll figure it out.

7. - Top - End - #67

Why are ninjas being sent after her and why does she know ninjutsu?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Note to self: I have too many female characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    After I finish my homework for today (note: this means I'll probably only be online tomorrow night), I'll try to figure out how inter-character relations work with my characters and other people's characters. Maiku, recently moving back to Japan, probably won't know everybody, but I'll figure it out.
    Mortal characters don't necessarily have to already know each other. A lot of our characters fit as loners. But for the purposes of an actual story, we just need to figure out how they start knowing each other, and a hollow attack sounds like a good idea.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Mortal characters don't necessarily have to already know each other. A lot of our characters fit as loners. But for the purposes of an actual story, we just need to figure out how they start knowing each other, and a hollow attack sounds like a good idea.
    I agree. The problem I had last game is that, until very close to the end, my mortal character didn't have anything to do. This was mostly because he didn't have any contact with other characters. I'm thinking, since he isn't a student, I might add a little blurb to him making him a substitute teacher, or something.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

The parts in bold I have added. Does that work, do I have gaping flaws in my explanation, is it cool, or should I just try to think of a better idea?
    You asked I suppose.

Her mother was, during the last war, 'called' to become a Substitute Shinigami to .
    No real problem here. Maybe expand on it later? Would be nice to see some backstory of the previous war through a mortals eyes.

She survived, obviously, got married late in life, and was already (mid 40s) by the time she had Maiku. (That explains why Maiku is an only child.)
    Not that this part matters much but the incidency of twins doubles when a woman has children over the age of 35. Like I said, it doesn't matter what so ever. Fun fact brought on by how it explains why she's an only child.

Maiku's father harbored a grudge against the Soul Society, for various reasons.
    What reasons? It didn't stop him from marrying a woman who worked for them. Obviously he has to have found out at some point judging on later information.

One day, while they were still in Japan, Maiku's mother was attacked by a hollow. Unfortunately, the regular Soul Reapers arrived just a little too late. After defeating the Hollow, Maiku's mother seemed perfectly fine, but the Hollow had some ability to slowly infect its victim and slowly turn them into a Hollow.
    They didn't check on her? She had depowered enough that a war veteran had an issue with a regular hollow but they didn't check her wounds or anything? Did they take her powers away after the War? If so, they left a defenseless woman after a fight with a Hollow without checking on her.

Maiku's father noticed this, but kept it hidden from the Soul Society.
    How did he notice it when the Shinigami didn't? This part is really really important. How did a mortal man notice something that a Shinigami wouldn't notice?

When it became really apparent that something was wrong with her, he took his wife and his daughter to Latin America, where she 'died' and slowly became a Hollow. He managed to keep this all a secret from his daughter, explaining that it was just an uncurable sickness.
    Why Latin America? Why didn't he go to Soul Society to maybe heal her? If there wasn't anything they could do they could have at lease Konso'd her and she'd have died and gone to Soul Society.

Just before she became a Hollow, she went to Hueco Mundo because she knew that she would attack her family first thing.
    Why didn't -SHE- go to the Shinigami. If the answer to the above is "Dad doesn't like Soul Society" why didn't the Mother go? Same about the above. Even if she was going to die, she'd have been cleansed and gone to Soul Society. A much better fate than becoming a Hollow and she'd have known that.

Maiku and her father immediately went back to Japan.
    You've covered this as "Secret job" sort of thing so...I guess that covers it but it seems rather...sudden.

When Shinigami came to her father to find out what happened (they suspected that she became a hollow) to the old Substitute Shinigami, he told them that he personally killed her after she hollified. They seemed to believe him.
    So wait. They didn't know she was turning into a Hollow. Then she died. Which is something humans have a nasty habit of doing so they go check on her family because they think she turned into a Hollow because...magic? Then the father lies about killing her when she did turn into a Hollow because...why? Normal human mortal kills a hollow but couldn't help protect his wife? Did they actually believe him or did they think "Hey wait a minute. This makes utterly no sense."

As time went on, Maiku's father (irrationally) blamed the Soul Society for Maiku's mother's death.
    So far it seems like it's on the Father, Mother -and- Soul Society for her dying. The Shinigami for not checking on her after the fight. The Dad for not saying "Hey, I know you're turning into a Hollow because magic. Go to the Shinigami." and the Mother because "I'm turning into a Hollow. Guess I'll just die and turn into a Hollow. Ho hum."

I hate to use the word but...the idiot ball has been passed around freely here.

He found a human-based organization that does research on hollows.
    We only see two mentions of mortals who have dedicated themselves to Hollows in the manga. Quincy and Xcution. The latter is just kind of a throw away plot and marks the last decline in the manga but the Quincy are good precedent. However, throwing this information out has a lot more consequences and impacts on the wider storyline and if it is introduced...it needs to be expanded on storywise. Otherwise it's a massive plot hole.

(I thought of this because it helps explain lots of her backstory - it explains how her mother died,
    It does? You mean the whole back story or just the Anti-Hollow Organization. You added it in parentheses at the very end of the above so it's hard to tell what you mean. If it's the former than...ya. It explains how she died in a way. It seems to this outside observer that if even one party had cared a little more things would have turned out differently however.

it explains why her father is doing a Top Secret Hollow Research
    It doesn't actually. It explains, kind of, that there is an Ant-Hollow Organization running around. Doesn't explain how he got involved what so ever or how he is even qualified other than "My wife was a Substitute Shinigami and I've seen Hollows."

and it explains how Maiku develops Hollow-type Spirit powers.
    Suppose it does. Would explain why she's spiritually empowered of any sort just by her mother having been a Substitute Shinigami.

It also gives a good early-on conflict in the Mortal Realm, with Maiku's Hollified Mother coming and attacking Maiku and anyone else nearby.)
    I have no stock in the mortal world but it would yes.

So....I suppose in sum up. It really really feels unfinished in a lot of ways. There are a lot of plot holes and other parts of the story that kinda connect strangely. I'm sure it makes more sense in your head but we can't hop in there. Hopefully all this has helped a little to point out some of the problems.

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    My interpretation of Terry's assorted comments on the matter was that Segunda Etapa is very rare, but exists.
    This. I am merely saying that there are far, far more Segunda Etapas then there are Bankais. I was hesitant to do it with Death, but she's basically a tank wall anyways.

Also: Tebryn has it down to a 'T'. None of that backstory makes any sense, and d'you really think that it's going to be a Hollow specifically related to her when she's a loner?

not

a

chance

It's most likely going to be either a Hollow swarm, or one Hollow, period, full stop.

Now, let me break down why this is a bad backstory:

• Menopausal occurs between 45-55.
    • Why would he not tell the Soul Society "Hey my wife is a Hollow", if we're assuming that he magically knew in the first place? The whole "HEY MY WIFE WILL MURDER ME IN THE FACE IF I DON'T TELL ANYONE" makes that kind of a bad plan.
    • It tells nothing about Hollow-Spirit powers, if she was already born when her mother was attacked. Besides, Chad never explained his powers, why should Maiku?
    • "Top Secret Hollow Research"? Sorry, that'd be run and checked by Seireitei, the people who are at war with the Hollows.
    • Seireitei is currently in crazy paranoid mode, being at war and all. Sora is likely to get executed because of what he is, and he's my character. Anything remotely Hollow-y is probably bad if you don't have a major hard-on for hating your characters. (I totally do)
    • Why does he hate Seireitei?
    • Hollows do not have that sort of ability. That'd be really, really terrible, and if she was a Substitute, she sure as hell wouldn't have CHILDREN when she was like that, it'd be kinder to kill the child then let it grow up Hollow.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [*]Hollows do not have that sort of ability. That'd be really, really terrible, and if she was a Substitute, she sure as hell wouldn't have CHILDREN when she was like that, it'd be kinder to kill the child then let it grow up Hollow.[/list]
    Well....they do actually. At least one did.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    This. I am merely saying that there are far, far more Segunda Etapas then there are Bankais. I was hesitant to do it with Death, but she's basically a tank wall anyways.
    This... this concerns me...

Mostly because an Arrancar's first release is canonically already on par with Bankai. Segunda Etapa was something unique to Ulquiorra and so ridiculously powerful it took that form of Ichigo to even stand a chance.

Two or three arrancar with Segunda Etapa could probably wipe out most of canon Soul Society, and so far the Captains we've made, Death included, are actually quite the downgrade in power from what we're used to seeing in the canon.

But now the Arrancar with Segunda Etapa outnumber the shinigami with bankai? That's not even remotely winnable even with the usual underdog status.

The only way that rationalizes in my mind is if for the purposes of this RP, Segunda Etapa is closer in power level to the usual bankai, but that hasn't been stated as far as I could see.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

This... this concerns me...

Mostly because an Arrancar's first release is canonically already on par with Bankai. Segunda Etapa was something unique to Ulquiorra and so ridiculously powerful it took that form of Ichigo to even stand a chance.

Two or three arrancar with Segunda Etapa could probably wipe out most of canon Soul Society, and so far the Captains we've made, Death included, are actually quite the downgrade in power from what we're used to seeing in the canon.

But now the Arrancar with Segunda Etapa outnumber the shinigami with bankai? That's not even remotely winnable even with the usual underdog status.

The only way that rationalizes in my mind is if for the purposes of this RP, Segunda Etapa is closer in power level to the usual bankai, but that hasn't been stated as far as I could see.
    This was addressed and...in the terms of this RP actually makes sense. The Shinigami are going into this with a disadvantage. The Arrancar are coming with the advantage and the planning because they've had time to do it. While I'm...a little leery of it Dorrizt also points out only one of the Arrancar has it that are in game now. I don't think it'll be an issue.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

This was addressed and...in the terms of this RP actually makes sense. The Shinigami are going into this with a disadvantage. The Arrancar are coming with the advantage and the planning because they've had time to do it. While I'm...a little leery of it Dorrizt also points out only one of the Arrancar has it that are in game now. I don't think it'll be an issue.
    Having more Segunda Etapa-using Arrancar than Bankai-using Shinigami is more than a disadvantage, it's just a straight-up massacre. Two or three arrancar alone with that ability would destroy Soul Society without a real fight. True at the moment we only have one Arrancar who has it in-game, and I'm fine with that, but if the numbers do end up being a bunch of Arrancars with Segunda Etapa, then unless the definition of Segunda Etapa is different, it won't matter. Right now, with the current registry of players, it's not bad.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Having more Segunda Etapa-using Arrancar than Bankai-using Shinigami is more than a disadvantage, it's just a straight-up massacre. Two or three arrancar alone with that ability would destroy Soul Society without a real fight. True at the moment we only have one Arrancar who has it in-game, and I'm fine with that, but if the numbers do end up being a bunch of Arrancars with Segunda Etapa, then unless the definition of Segunda Etapa is different, it won't matter. Right now, with the current registry of players, it's not bad.
    I think the point that's trying to be conveyed (and this is just my interpretation) is that it's not as rare in universe but it is rare in this game.

17. - Top - End - #77

I would honestly like to keep Segunda Etapa as a rarer ability, possibly even unknown to the Soul Society or the rank and file Hollows. After all, with such a cutthroat culture, an extra power like that would be a jealously guarded secret. In a fight with an Arrancar, Segunda Etapa shouldn't be a "let's watch out for this, he might be able to Segunda Etapa," it should be "Wait, he can do WHAT!?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Is it too late for me to join? If not I would like to propose two characters.

One would be monster of a man named Hijū Naijeru. He would be the 7th Division captain with a large boisterous attitude and an even larger amount of physical prowess. Kaizoku Mizkui would recognize him as a rival pirate captain, and someone who constantly tried to woo her, figuring himself as a ladies man. His zanpakuto is in the form of an anchor.

The other would be Jushuro Daisuke. He would be a proud yet friendly swordsman would be serve as a vice captain to Naijeru or whoever wants one. He would be skilled in swordplay and Kido, focusing on the philosophy of speed over strength.

That is of course if I am welcome to join.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Is it too late for me to join? If not I would like to propose two characters.
    Of course! Tons of people have expressed interest. So far only five had made characters.

Though for your Captain, Mizuki's Zanpakuto is already an Anchor.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Aw man! Someone beat me to it! Aw well I'll just have to get a little more creative then.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Aw man! Someone beat me to it! Aw well I'll just have to get a little more creative then.
    "YAR HAR HAR! YE WON'T BE GETTIN' YER GROG-SWILLIN', DIRT-MUNCHIN', LANDLUBBIN' HANDS ON ME ANCHOR YE BILGE RAT!"

In all seriousness, I think that at this early stage of the game, the ratio of pirates to shinigami should remain low for the time being.

But welcome.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Name: Hijū Naijeru

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naijeru is a monster of a man. He stands at a staggering and freakish height of 7'4". When he was alive he was referred to as the Demon of the sea. While he is tall he also sports an inordinate amount of muscle. The man looks almost like a boulder with how ripped he is. When he was alive he was frequently known to bend iron bars. He has a dark skin color and hair that seems almost silver in color that is long enough to be tied in a small ponytail and is fairly smooth. He rarely wears a shirt and if he does wear one he basically can be predicted that he will end up ripping it by the end of the day. He wears a white jacket with black sleeves and pure white pants. He has multiple scars that are visible on his body. He also has one that covers one eye leaving only one sky blue orb clear. Oddly enough he wears five rough rings on his fingers.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naijeru is loud and boisterous, just as much as Mizuki if not more so. He often jokes that when she met him in real life she was so impressed that she had to copy his style. Naijeru enjoys fun, fighting, and booze. He can often be found at the bar treating his friends to a round of drinks on him. With his laid back personality he often fancies himself of a ladies man. However his pursuits ever since he got to the Soul Society have been focused solely on Mizuki. He is always up for a friendly brawl anywhere anytime. However his friends know that a friendly brawl to Naijeru might as well be a fight to the death for them. Sometimes he seems to not even know his own strength. He often slacks in his paper duties though he always gets around to it. He is not above asking his vice-captain to do it though. The men in his division refer to him as Big Bro most of the time his close friendship with each member being the reason for such. The members of the 7th division are a tight knit family that look after each other often provoking their nickname the Nakama division.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naijeru was a pirate captain back his day. He was known as 'Crusher Naijeru'. While his reputation and physical prowess were fierce he often inspired loyalty. However his men thought that he was clearly insane. Why? He fell in love with the infamously crazy pirate captain Mizuki at first sight. He was somewhat spiritually aware in his life but he often passed the hollows he saw off as mermaids. He eventually died of a pirate attack on his ship that had occurred at his crews hideout. He felled quite a few attackers before he fell, even managing to kill their captain. In death he was as boisterous as ever. He joined the Seireitei under the 11th squad due to his pure crushing power. In fact he took on the Road to Hell when he first joined the 11th squad. He passed with flying colors and was smiling like a madman when he finished. Before he joined his reiatsu was actually powerful enough to choke regular spirits. With his love(in his eyes) in the 11th squad as well Things seemed to be going good for Naijeru when he did something that might as well be called heresy in the 11th division. He performed Kido, in a match with the captain no less. He still lost of course, but from that moment onward he was always an outsider to the 11th division. Feeling betrayed by his division Naijeru started spending less and less time at the barracks an more in the training fields often working himself to exhaustion. Eventually in recognition of his power and efforts he was promoted to captain of the 7th division.

Zanpakuto
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gurētokurāken (Great Kraken)- Great Kraken's unreleased form takes the shape of an odachi. Oddly enough with Naijeru's freakish height the sword is not unwieldy to him. Great Kraken's spirit world is deep under turbulent waters in what would eventually be called the Bermuda triangle. However In his spirit world there are always large animal, monstrous enlargemenst of natural sea predators. Great Kraken is constantly fighting them all.

Great Kraken takes the form of the beast of legend itself towering over Naijeru like an underwater Godzilla. He often is brash rude and perverted. It is increadibly easy for Naijeru to talk to him and they often hang out in their spare time."

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drag them to Davy Jones locker, Gurētokurāken- Naijeru's shikai transforms his Zanpakuto into an oversized harpoon. The wooden shaft is like a rounded 2X4 and the bladed part extends 2 feet. Oddly enough Naijeru wields the weapon smoothly and with no trouble. This weapon grants Naijeru the strange power of Gravity Manipulation. This power allows Naijeru to do many things, the most obvious being crushing and the like. YOu know his namesake. However the Reversal of gravity is not out of his reach, neither is localized gravity to say, increase the strength of his strikes. However Naijeru can only be affecting Gravity in one direction at any given time. So he can't say, increase downward gravity to paralyze an enemy and then give them a gravity enhanced punch. It would require him to use gravity fields in two seperate directions. At his level he can only exert 10G's of force at any given time.

Bankai: Not yet acheived. Basic rundown for possible acquirement, summoning of the Kraken along with Increased gravity power, only in intensity not in versatility.

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naijeru excels in close combat and as such has an almost unparalled skill in Zanjutsu and Hakuda. His Kido is fairly low level and his strongest spell is the Shot of Red Fire spell. His flash step ability is average and nothing to write home about.

Much like Mizuki Naijeru's rings act as a limiter for his power. However his reiatsu still feels powerful and untamed, like the sea. Moreover Naijeru unconsciously focuses his reiatsu to enhance his body. To Naijeru is is as natural as breathing. Moreover when he does consciously enhance his body using reiatsu it is much more potent that it should be.

So what do you guys think? No good? Oh and Bob I had this character in mind before I saw Mizuki. I basically transferred a character that I had made for a One Piece game I played in.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So what do you guys think? No good? Oh and Bob I had this character in mind before I saw Mizuki. I basically transferred a character that I had made for a One Piece game I played in.
    Hey, if you really want to do the pirate thing as well, be my guest. One Piece fan here as well, not that my signature couldn't tell you that.

I love the one-sided "love" with Mizuki.

The Zanpakuto only seems broken at first, until you consider that at 10 G's, most front-line fighters in this setting would probably be able to take that pretty well. Still very useful though. It is interesting that Mizuki's shikai ability to be nearly weightless to her would basically nullify that portion, though I suppose Naijeru could probably use it in other ways as well.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    I agree. The problem I had last game is that, until very close to the end, my mortal character didn't have anything to do. This was mostly because he didn't have any contact with other characters. I'm thinking, since he isn't a student, I might add a little blurb to him making him a substitute teacher, or something.
    If you mean Higure, then maybe the pharmaceutical company could be providing lectures and equipment at the school? A lot of science-related organisations support education like that and it would allow flexibility if the school ends up less used in the future. ^_^

Of course! Tons of people have expressed interest. So far only five had made characters.
    As one of the lots who have not made a character, sorries! School is panic-inducing. >_<

I will try to have my characters up as soon as possible, but I am still wondering about my question from earlier:

Do characters have to be Japanese, or could Soul Reaper originate in other countries?
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-09-12 at 01:02 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post

I will try to have my characters up as soon as possible, but I am still wondering about my question from earlier:

Do characters have to be Japanese, or could Soul Reaper originate in other countries?
    I would say...yes. If they're Shinigami at least. Personally. Do we even know if there are other Soul Societies out there? I suspect there area considering....Soul Society of the manga is so small. But still.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-12 at 05:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

I would say...yes. If they're Shinigami at least. Personally. Do we even know if there are other Soul Societies out there? I suspect there area considering....Soul Society of the manga is so small. But still.
    That's been the case in previous BitP games. I don't know if there's a canon answer.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Then the question would be if every Soul Society is at war with Hueco Mundo. Or even if Hueco Mundo is the only place for the Hollows or if there are other versions elsewhere that are peaceful. Or if every Soul Society is at war with their counterpart.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

... I'm in if I get to play a big-ass villain. Possibly sharing or competing for the spot of main villain with Dorizzit's character.

I also offer to take up my old role as a registry keeper. Because I'm the best at it.

But I also bring with me a list of suggestions. The first and most radical is: use a game system.

I recently bought a fresh Finnish RPG that would fit a forum game beautifully. It's called "Noitahovi" ("Witch's Court") and could easily be expanded to Court of Pure Souls as well. Here are the key points why I suggest it:

1. By the rules, as long as two players are in agreement, both can freely describe the scene as they see fit. So usually, things would proceed as a normal freeform.
    2. Dice are only rolled when a player calls for conflict. Most conflicts are resolved in less than three rounds of rolling.
    3. It benefits, but doesn't need, a set GM. Theoretically, anyone could work as an arbiter when required, even those participating in a conflict. Consequently, it would slow down the game negligibly, or not at all.
    4. And this is the best part: the same rules can easily be applied to groups of up to thousands of people without taking more rolls than a conflict between two characters. This means that the same system can be, if desired, used to direct the course of the whole game
    5. Narrative and scene-based, so strict turns and posting order would not be required.

Why do I suggest this? Because in the last two games, player and character conflicts sometimes took pages of debating to resolve, and sometimes remained unresolved. Likewise, reaching consensus about where the game was supposed to be headed sometimes took more effort (and writing!) than the actual gaming, which was hugely disappointing to me at least.

Solving player and character conflicts with three rounds of rolling dice instead of the endless mire of arguing, pleading and persuading on IM and on these forums? Vastly, vastly preferable, to me at least.

Other suggestions:

1. Scrap numbered divisions. Instead of "1th, 2nd etc." have a "Combat Division, Medical Division", so on and so forth. There also doesn't need to be 13 of them; the game becoming too centered around high-level characters was a problem in both previous games. We need maybe four Divisions -realistically, I doubt we're going to have players for more.
    2. Don't stress about Bankai and such! Especially if you take up my suggestion on using Noitahovi, high-level releases are not going to be that big of a deal.
    3. Expanding on the previous point, if you decide to use Noitahovi, you don't need to stress as much about what the powers are described as doing! The system is not flavor-sensitive - powers can be described as doing whatever, but mechanically their impact will be limited. No more pages of "I think that is OP because..." and "It's not OP because..."

A brief example: Noitahovi works by counting succesful rolls. We can rule that using Bankai gives, say, three automatic successess for one conflict. It doesn't matter if the Bankai is described as "a spiffy new weapon" or "creates a black hole". If a conflict is called, and the Bankai user loses, the narrative can work around the power in any way deemed appropriate - for example, if it's the weapon, then "foo dodged it with impressive speed" or, if it's the black hole, "foo stabs the caster in the heart before the black hole is created, saving everyone!"

So on and so forth. Noitahovi supports and helps directing narrative, but doesn't dictate it, so any decision made with it can be molded to fit the framework of the story.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #89

You can have the role of main villain. Jehoel is closer to a force of nature than a leader, anyway.

I personally would be fine switching to a (rules light) system. All of the points raised in its support are valid, in my opinion.

Removing of the numbered divisions could make sense; if the initial Arrancar attacks devastated the Soul Society badly enough, there could have been a large-scale reorganization.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm personally against the game system. The only reason I even ventured down into the Freeform board in the first place was because I've been growing tired of random dice deciding everything, and I've grown nostalgic for a good old, statless, diceless, freeform RP, even with the imperfections that come with freeform.