New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @dancrilis: To elaborate on what Tebryn said, it's not like you can't have life-endangering abilities. It's simply that "causes death" is too vague.

Why does your poison cause death? Once you know and tell us the mechanism, it gives grounds for avoiding the ability.

For example, the skin lesions and super-fever are good to go. Perhaps the only thing that needs adding is how long it takes to recover if treatment is unavailable. But those parts of your ability tell exactly what they do and how long it takes. Now add that same level of detail to the "causes death" part. Is it the bloodloss that kills them? Or perhaps high fever? Jellyfying of internal organs? Brain tumor?
    I have updated the above to explain how the power works a bit clearer.

The thinking behind it is not really a combat use (other then to clear weak enemies that would normally be cleared by captain class reiatsu).
    The basic intention is that is adds a roleplaying element where fighting her is dangerous for anyone who cares about collateral damage, as anyone who is likely to affected is unlikely to be of much problem to her anyway.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sho now looks pretty alright, as far as I can tell. I can't see anything that would cause serious roleplaying problems, and it seems like an interesting character.

As I look at Sho's power, I noticed how similar her Shikkai's symbolism is with my character, Nicole. They both draw on the symbolism of blood. They're both different takes on it, so I think that's cool.

I think you should also state which division she's going to be in.

Animekid, I also like your character, Kyoki. She looks very interesting. However, would you rather have her be an Arrancar of Las Noches, or for her to be rogue hollow, an Innumerable? I'm sure you said it somewhere in that description, but I couldn't find it. Also, does her Madness Aura affect her allies? Does she have any control over who it affects, or does it just affect everyone?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

For Kyoki I would like her to be a Arrancar of Los Noches, or a rouge who becomes part of it when how powerful is becomes revealed. This is mostly because Kyoki ultimately has a servile nature and Ragunaroku will obay anyone he knows is stronger than him or those he deems as 'cool'. Without someone to guide her she ultimately wanders around with no purpose. That tends to be bad for people as she occasionally slips into madness and then, well lets just say that a crazed Kyoki is a scary Kyoki.

As for her madness aura she has enough control over it to where she can direct it. However if she uses the AoE version she cannot specify who it affects. She she goes into one of her crazes even Kyoki is not immune to it. However slipping into madness acutually make her fight better, mostly becuase madness is her natural state.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael's grand plan: Gotta Catch 'Em All.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mikael's grand plan: Gotta Catch 'Em All.
    "Hello there! Welcome to the world of BLEACH! My name is HADES! People call me the HOLLOW Prof! This world is inhabited by creatures called HOLLOWS! For some people, HOLLOWS are pets. Other use them for fights. Myself… I study HOLLOWS as a profession. First, what is your name? Right! So your name is MIKAEL!"

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    I think you should also state which division she's going to be in.
    Well I kindof see her being put in charge of a convict division where part of her thing would be focusing on recruitment - I don't see her overly working well as a subordinate given her mentality of seeking how to kill people.

Soul-Society gets a driven and focused killer centered on there enemies, gets problem people off the street, and gets to have a secondary force of combat focused - but expendable - people.
    Soul Society has to then put up with a focused killer in there midst, has to put up with criminals in positions of authority, and possible annoys the pack (and internal security).

I think the roleplaying options are decent.

I will post up an opening scene for her in a bit.
    It will be the fight (and bit before and after) at the academy where she shows her power and harms a lot of people thereby - leading to decisions for people about what to do with her.

7. - Top - End - #877

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Well I kindof see her being put in charge of a convict division where part of her thing would be focusing on recruitment - I don't see her overly working well as a subordinate given her mentality of seeking how to kill people.

Soul-Society gets a driven and focused killer centered on there enemies, gets problem people off the street, and gets to have a secondary force of combat focused - but expendable - people.
    Soul Society has to then put up with a focused killer in there midst, has to put up with criminals in positions of authority, and possible annoys the pack (and internal security).

I think the roleplaying options are decent.

I will post up an opening scene for her in a bit.
    It will be the fight (and bit before and after) at the academy where she shows her power and harms a lot of people thereby - leading to decisions for people about what to do with her.
    But then again, putting someone who wouldn't work well as a subordinate, as a subordinate WOULD make for interesting role-play.

Eri is gonna be taking someone into custody. :D

Just kidding.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

I would actually have no issue with that either

I could just see it being annoying to existing captains/vice-captains to have a new powerplayer in the division who wants to test them - especially where said test is not a fair honorable fight and more a review of them until the moment to strike occurs (sith style).

Although she might soften a bit in her craziness once she is dealing with people.

Edit: And first post is up.
    Sorry for the length future ones should be shorter.

I think there is plenty of opportunity given for someone to show up if they want to.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-04-16 at 06:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #879

I didn't have someone show up; but I already had him be there.

So, I've been looking at all my characters, and I noticed that they're all females. Wow, I thought. In a wartime scenario, yes, the men would probably die first, but the ratio wouldn't be 3:0.

So I'm going to have lesser 'backup' characters in each of the worlds, so I can RP with other people who show up, each less focused in main plots than my current characters.

The characters aren't completely fleshed out yet, but I have a small idea for each of them, so far:
    (Ryuunosuke Peredur)
    1. Soul Reaper: A healer/guy focused on magic who's just barely going to be graduating training. Brand new recruit. Possibly from an actual Noble house(?)
    2. Arrancar: Lugaru, who was mentioned earlier as an NPC. Werewolfish. Low-powered Arrancar.
    3. Human: That Quincy fellow that I detailed several months ago. You know, the Prince Charming-style guy, who believes all Dead (Hollows, Soul Reapers) should mind their own business and stay out of the Mortal World forever.
    (Caeyrn Flaviu Citlali Belenus)
    Luckily, it's Finals Week, so I'll have plenty of time to come up with the specific details (between tests, I mean).

As soon as I get their primary motivations down, I'll bring their data to the honorable jury to be judged.

Edit:
    Don't you think it would be cool to have a kidnapping/ransom plot by the Arrancars of the Shinigami in order to try to get them to surrender? I think it could be cool, if everyone agrees to the outcome beforehand.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-04-17 at 10:44 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Dancrilis, I put Sho into academy students for now. I except her to get promoted following the assault on the Academy. (Also, I feel Li has new least favorite student. )

Also, for the future, do you have spell-checker in your browser? If not, I suggest you write your posts in Office Word (etc.) before posting them. I noticed quite a few basic spelling mistakes that make your post hard to read. They're easy to fix with the aforementioned precautions.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Since we're talking about future plots, my current idea was for Kiba and a few non-Captain shinigami to go on a scouting mission to Hueco Mundo to try and figure out exactly what they're up against. Hence why he was seeking out the captain of the Recon Division. Guess that will have to wait though.

I also figured out a more detailed backstory for Kenzan, I just need to come up with a good name for the Shinigami NPC in his backstory and put the whole thing into words.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Eh... certain characters I like for there to be a bit more meaning behind the name than "first random Japanese name I can find." If that was the only thing stopping me I'd just look up the credits on a random anime on imdb.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, but Behind the Name also hosts meanings for first names. You can search the database for a suitable name based on what you want it to mean.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ah, but Behind the Name also hosts meanings for first names. You can search the database for a suitable name based on what you want it to mean.
    It doesn't actually come up with any meanings when I use it. Unless it's that box at the bottom of the page that's blocked by my workplace's filtering system. I assumed it was an ad.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

Generate any name. The name itself is hyperlink to its meaning.

Click the site's banner to get more options.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Generate any name. The name itself is hyperlink to its meaning.

Click the site's banner to get more options.
    Okay, I've got it working now. Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #888
    Dwarf in the Playground

All the names for any Japanese character I have were "borrowed" from the Kamigawa block of Magic the Gathering cards. Also, I feel like the Internal Security would instantly react to those hollows in the Academy. Can Myojin move in to help remove them, or is this scripted?
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no issue with Internal Security being present I would see it as one of three things in that case.

1. The attack was more widespread then merely the element that Sho dealt with (although I would like her to have fought and killed the singular leader - which might annoy anyone who is of more an interrogation mindset, as she could have taken them alive).

2. The only Internal Security close by would not be seated officers (or would be weak seated officers) and either could not risk her blood mist or launched themselves in and were killed by it. Or more powerful people holding back because against Sho or the chief-hollow they would likely be in the way (so they might have been keeping people away from the fight.

3. The hollows were masking their power making it difficult to react on time where Sho might have only noticed because she was close by (despite being good at sensing them).

Or some combination of those would likely suit.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

A few questions about this hollow attack:

Is the Academy within the grounds of Seireitei? Or is it separate like the outer districts and the noble houses? If the former, then we should probably address the fact that Seireitei was supposedly on high alert and a bunch of hollows snuck past the defenses. It's not TOO much of a stretch to say that since Kiba was in the middle of reorganizing the defensive perimeter and the rest of Seireitei is in disarray, some hollows managed to sneak past the defenses. I also doubt it would be an extremely large number of hollows either way, so I wouldn't expect them to be too widespread.

But then I'm pretty sure that there are other sensors as well that should have detected hollow activity. Either something from the SSI, or Kiba's heightened senses, or something. I'm willing to buy that the hollows masked their presence, but such the ability to mask themselves so completely is extremely rare among hollows and probably wouldn't mean that these are random low-grade hollows. Someone probably should have masterminded their attack. Fortunately, we have several very good candidates for hollow-summoning evil masterminds who could have presumably engineered such an attack. One of my own characters among them. If no one else objects (or someone already has the cause in mind), I can take credit IC.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

No issue with any of that

The major hollow here would have been captain class (whether naturally or temporary due to devouring the souls of the students) prior to the blood poisoning affects.

But a mastermind it was not.

What I could see is it having the power to summon it's own minions and mask its presence ... but if that was the case the truth of it would have died when it did.

If there is a more interesting story for this I am happy for it to go ahead.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Both the Academy and majority of nobles live within Seireitei. It's not called "court of pure souls" for nothing.

Also, there is a canonical way for Hollows to deepstrike, namely, Garganta. But remember kids, when it happened in our source material, an inside traitor (Aizen) was to be blamed.

So yes, I do think Int Sec should hurry to the scene. As should most everyone else, considering it's direct attack on one of Gotei's MOST IMPORTANT FACILITIES!

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I can do one better.

If it's up to me I can give a better explanation for the hollow sneaking past the patrols rather than someone just sleeping on the job.

EDIT: Also, before I post, am I to assume that Sho just finished taking care of the last hollow before help arrives?
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-04-17 at 02:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894

I think such a breach at such a time of high-alertedness might require a visit and interrogation from Wa-Den Eri himself.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    EDIT: Also, before I post, am I to assume that Sho just finished taking care of the last hollow before help arrives?
    Sure sounds good.

26. - Top - End - #896

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    The major hollow here would have been captain class (whether naturally or temporary due to devouring the souls of the students) prior to the blood poisoning affects.
    I'm rather leery of this. Captain level individuals are very, very rare and it isn't something that can be attained simply by devouring a large number of souls. We should never have one as a faceless npc.

Why, narratively, does it need to be Captain level?
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

If it's okay with everyone I'm going to go ahead and put Kyoki in the registry and give her and opening post. Maybe have her at the Los Noches arena or just now coming into Los Noches.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    I'm rather leery of this. Captain level individuals are very, very rare and it isn't something that can be attained simply by devouring a large number of souls. We should never have one as a faceless npc.

If I'm in charge of it (which seems to approved), it won't be Captain-level. It would just be able to mask its presence and be more than enough for a handful of green students on the scene.

29. - Top - End - #899

I can do one better.

If it's up to me I can give a better explanation for the hollow sneaking past the patrols rather than someone just sleeping on the job.
    I could also come up with a reasonable reason how sneaking past the patrols worked.

Let's compare our two solutions and see if we can mutate the two together into some ghastly abomination? (Probably not. Things usually don't work that way.)

My possible solution:
    Valentina's two NPC Fraccion have recently gone missing to who-knows-where offscreen. Each one would be Vice-Captain level, approximately.
    Valentina's Resurreccion has an ability that can completely mask all Spiritual Presence (at the cost of not being able to use Spiritual Abilities) until the ability wears off or is cast off forcefully.

It's possible that Valentina told these NPC Fraccion to do a stealth mission to the Soul Society to figure out their weaknesses, but they disobeyed by attacking. It also gives me a good IC reason (them not coming back) for Valentina to actively find a new Fraccion.

However, I think your idea could also work, even though I don't know what it is, yet.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-04-17 at 04:10 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    This is a matter of perception, there are many opponents in the series that were captain class (or there about) who were killed unceremoniously, most Adjuchas level menos are intended to be for example, or the most recent hollow in the manga that got killed.
    Similarly special powers to increase power in when killing in a large order temporally would make an interesting power.

Essentially Sho is at around captain class and would not have revealed her shikai unless she had to, and against a weaker opponent she would have just killed it without revealing herself.

If I'm in charge of it (which seems to approved), it won't be Captain-level. It would just be able to mask its presence and be more than enough for a handful of green students on the scene.
    Well you have the go ahead to build on the story, but not to change core elements - its subordinates were enough to slaughter the students, it was a more serious creature.
    It could be artificially created, enhanced, empowered etc ... but I would like the powerlevel to remain at the level stated.