New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

I am in favor of the dice. It seems like it would make certain things easier. And faster. Maybe they should be restricted on their use, though. Like, if whatever the situation is can't be resolved between the people involved within a set time period, we let the dice decide. That way, we aren't relying on the dice for everything. Cause that'd get away from it being freeform.

I am also in favor of less divisions, and them being named. Save us from having to have so many characters that don't really get used.

I also look forward to playing with you again, Frozen. I had fun in the previous incarnation. And you playing the main villain sounds fine to me.

And yes, I am still working on a character idea. Just haven't had as much time as I'd like to work on it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would have to say that personally I would be in favor of freeform. While dice would make things go a little faster they would also mean that combat at least was decided at random. Not to say that it wouldn't work but it just doesn't seem right for a bleach game to me.

I mean in the previous games I played in (twilight lynching) we got along pretty well without the use of dice. Everyone just has to be willing to work with each other. Give and take.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Mortal characters don't necessarily have to already know each other. A lot of our characters fit as loners. But for the purposes of an actual story, we just need to figure out how they start knowing each other, and a hollow attack sounds like a good idea.
    I'll say that if I get to be a big-ass villain, I will personally see to involving every mortal character in the cast, no matter where they happen to live or who they happen to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    I would say...yes. If they're Shinigami at least. Personally. Do we even know if there are other Soul Societies out there? I suspect there area considering....Soul Society of the manga is so small. But still.
    Canonical Soul Society is quite huge, actually. People just haven't really been paying attention to it in past games.

Seireitei, itself, is a city-state. It's stated it takes 10 days to travel between the gates - assuming ordinary human pace of 20 kilometers per day, circumference of the city walls must be at least 800 kilometers and the diameter is 255 kilometers. The Rukongai districts form cocentric rings around Seireitei - with a conservative estimate of just 10 kilometer width per district, it still means the Outer Ring is 800 kilometers from Seireitei walls! All together, we have a circular area with diameter of 1,855 kilometers, circumference of 5,824.7 kilometers and area of 2,701,204.625 square kilometers. That's larger than all of Scandinavia, or about fifth of Europe.

(If you instead assume 30 km width per ring, you end up with an area of 20,059,124.625 square kilometers, twice the size of Europe, or two-thirds of Africa, or somewhat larger than Russia. With the same population density as Japan, this area would be enough to house almost all of world's current population.)

And no-one knows how far the Outer Ring actually extends.

Sure, there'd still be room for other afterlives, if you assume the positive afterlife as a whole is the same size as Earth. They are not strictly required, but I wouldn't be against it.

Then the question would be if every Soul Society is at war with Hueco Mundo. Or even if Hueco Mundo is the only place for the Hollows or if there are other versions elsewhere that are peaceful. Or if every Soul Society is at war with their counterpart.
    Hueco Mundo is pretty clearly the only place for Hollows. It may house colonies of "peaceful" Hollows, being so huge, but there's no need for other realm for Hollows. Canonically, only some people become Hollows; only some of those Hollows get to Hueco Mundo; and due to cannibalistic nature of Hollows, only some of them survive. It stands to a reason why that place would be empty. This also explains how all Hollows could've just vanished - there should be so few of them compared to the area of Hueco Mundo (assuming it is the size of Moon), that they could all just hide away.

(I also consider the notion of Hollows working as an united front to be extraordinary - the "war" between them and Shinigami really shouldn't be. Remember, canonically, the only organized assault of Hollows against Seireitei was a result of Shinigami civil war. Before that war, Shinigami hunted Hollows prettu leisurely, with most of the Divisions standing by at Seireitei.)
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also against switching to a Dice System. Especially one I am not only totally unfamiliar with but have no way to get a hold of in a language that I can't speak what so ever. Even if you explained it over the forum...I honestly think it'd make it worse. Without any real ability to reference the system I'd be uncomfortable using it. Same as the others against the Dice System, I came to the Free Form section of the game to play something Free Form. If people want to bring Dice in to help them out, that's fine. I don't have a problem with it but...if I wanted to play a Bleach game with dice I'd have stuck to the Finding Players section where there' generally at least one Bleach d20 game running. There's also nothing saying this system you'd like to run can't be run in that section either.

I am in favor of the dice. It seems like it would make certain things easier. And faster. Maybe they should be restricted on their use, though. Like, if whatever the situation is can't be resolved between the people involved within a set time period, we let the dice decide. That way, we aren't relying on the dice for everything. Cause that'd get away from it being freeform.
    So I'm in line with this more or less. If people are dragging their feet or something...pull out the dice. But ya know, life sometimes happens when people just don't have the time to post.

As for lowering the number of Divisions and stuff...meh. I have nothing to say on the matter other than I like the Division I wrote up.

No stock on you being the main villain really.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-12 at 09:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Dice absolutely should not be the main method of deciding storyline paths, but if there is an OOC conflict about what should happen IC, I think dice would be an excellent and impartial method of decision making.

Honestly, with what was described of Noitahovi, it might be simpler to just roll a die for conflict resolution, while still providing the given benefits.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Dice absolutely should not be the main method of deciding storyline paths, but if there is an OOC conflict about what should happen IC, I think dice would be an excellent and impartial method of decision making.

Honestly, with what was described of Noitahovi, it might be simpler to just roll a die for conflict resolution, while still providing the given benefits.
    Right. I agree with this more or less. If this is meant to be a story we should talk it out first right? Dice should be the last resort. I was more questioning why we need to bring a totally new system everyone but one person is absolutely unfamiliar with into the mix. If a Dice Roll is needed wouldn't it be easier to just roll a single d6 and be done with it? If it's needed at all?

And heck, if we roll all the Divisions together Bob and I have more or less two sides of the Combat Division Coin. If he'd be willing we can just merge the two together IC and OOC if it comes to it.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-12 at 10:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm personally against the game system. The only reason I even ventured down into the Freeform board in the first place was because I've been growing tired of random dice deciding everything, and I've grown nostalgic for a good old, statless, diceless, freeform RP, even with the imperfections that come with freeform.
    In Noitahovi, the dice don't decide - the players do. The dice only decide whose vision takes hold. Conflict only occurs when two players are really in conflict and can't agree upon who is in the right. I'll illustrate:

Bob: Villain stabs at the Commander, piercing his gut!
    Jill: Commander flinches in pain... and the grabs Villain's arm, smiling. "Aha! I got you now!"
    Bob: Villain looks smug. "How do you know it's the real me?"
    Jill: "Maybe I can't trust my sense, but I could never mistake this Reiatsu in my gut!" Flames erupt.
    Bob: Villain looks shocked... then turns smug again. "Luckily, I brought back-up." The flames disappear. Back-up arrives.
    Jill: "Okay, I'm gonna kick your ass with my fists then." Promptly slaughters back-up.
    Bob: "Ah, but where do you think all your powers went?" Back-up's corpse starts swelling.
    Jill: "Oh crap!" Commander jumps on the corpse, shielding everyone with his body! But the explosion still leaves him charred on the ground.
    Bob: "Bwahaha! Victory is mine!" Villain approaches, drawing his blade.
    Jill: Suddenly, the Commander grabs the Villains ankle. "Not so fast, whippersnapper! Itto Kaso!" The Commander has decided to take the Villain with him!
    Bob: Panicking, the Villain wrenches from his grasp, trying to escape the erupting pillar of fire.
    Jill: ((OOC: I don't think he can do that.)
    Bob: ((OOC: Okay, but I promised I'd let Jack kill the Villain...)
    Jill: ((OOC: I call conflict then.))
    Bob: ((OOC: Alright.))

Dice are rolled. Bob gets three successes, Jill gets two.

Jill: ((OOC: Okidoki. You survive.))
    Bob: And so, the villain escapes, the Commander sacrificing himself in vain!
    Jack: ((OOC: Can I come in now?))
    As you can see, most of the battle goes by without a single roll and dramatic turns still happen because the players agreed on them to happen. In Noitahovi, conflicts happen only when players call for them. Otherwise, the game is entirely freeform. The whole system is even less random, because there are character resources to be used in conflicts which affect the outcome.

To reiterate:

1. Conflict happen only when called. You don't need to make them if you don't want to.
    2. It's entirely up to the players what happens - the dice only decide which player's vision takes hold.

I'm not suggesting making conflict rolls a norm for playing, whether for battle or otherwise. I'm suggesting them to be used for things like Riccaru Vs. KD or me Vs. Innis in the past game, where there was real conflict of interests and negotiation just didn't yield any good compromise. Both of those occasions let to players quitting and left major plot threads hanging in the air.

In the last game, we tried a sort of "GM Cabal" that theoretically could serve as a dealbreaker. Unfortunately, we only managed to correctly serve in that capacity thrice. All other times, absent members or slow flow of information prevented us from coming to a conclusion, or our decree came so late the whole point was moot already.

I would be okay with this, but KD's complaint about it "not accounting for everything (etc. etc.)" stuck with me. I'd be okay with rolling a dice with even chance of all parties being right, but it might lead to skewed results in some cases. Noitahovi would fix this with little extra work.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-09-12 at 10:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

So....couldn't we just use a single D6 to decide the roll if it gets down to it instead of a system no one else is familiar with? It sounds like it would serve the exact same function and be a lot more clear and familiar.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

I would be okay with this, but KD's complaint about it "not accounting for everything (etc. etc.)" stuck with me. I'd be okay with rolling a dice with even chance of all parties being right, but it might lead to skewed results in some cases. Noitahovi would fix this with little extra work.

EDIT: To elaborate, I suggested the very same solution to KD and Riccaru. KD declined because he couldn't stomach an even chance when he thought he clearly had the advantage. Noitahovi mechanics would've allowed him to influence the outcome of the roll, which probably would've been more satisfying for him.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-09-12 at 10:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Right...but that doesn't answer my question really. Who ever rolls higher wins. Same situation with your set up goes through. The person who won gets their version in while the person who lost doesn't. It literally does the same thing but doesn't require anyone to learn a totally new system.

There's no way to skew results with a simple die roll for a conflict resolution. If both parties are right then there isn't a reason to roll. They're both right. There shouldn't be any conflict.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-12 at 10:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

To elaborate, I suggested the very same solution to KD and Riccaru. KD declined because he couldn't stomach an even chance when he thought he clearly had an advantage. Noitahovi would've allowed him to influence the outcome of the roll, which probably would've been more satisfying for him.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Last game or the game before that or the game before that doesn't mean to me really. I'm in this game. I care about this game.

Edit: Well...how about this? If it's agreed on by both parties that one Player has an advantage they get a +2 to their roll? That keeps it easy. Leaves things to a chance but still gives an advantage to the player who says they have it.

I mean really, are we beyond designing a system for this on our own?
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-12 at 11:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Last game or the game before that or the game before that doesn't mean to me really. I'm in this game. I care about this game.

Edit: Well...how about this? If it's agreed on by both parties that one Player has an advantage they get a +2 to their roll? That keeps it easy. Leaves things to a chance but still gives an advantage to the player who says they have it.

I mean really, are we beyond designing a system for this on our own?
    That does sound like it could work. Maybe we should have a couple people decide who's got the advantage in the scenario. Maybe.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    That does sound like it could work. Maybe we should have a couple people decide who's got the advantage in the scenario. Maybe.
    I think that would be better yes. I like the K.I.S.S motto for things like this. Why introduce a system when we can just make one for ourselves? Especially if rolling isn't going to be a major aspect of the game unless issues arise that can't be resolved with talking?

So I propose this.

Should a slow down or dispute occur over a scene the players may opt to roll a single 1d6 to decide the outcome of the scene in question. Should it be deemed a player has a distinct advantage by at least two other players involved a +2 will be added to the players roll for a 1d6+2. All results of the roll regardless of the outcome must be followed.
    Simple and painless.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

My brain is being slow, so I'll try one more time: some players can't stomach a purely OOC decision disregarding what their characters are capable of. In the situation I'm referring to, KD thought his character was clearly more capable, so while he might have agreed to rolling dice, he couldn't agree on an even chance. Maybe if there had been a 4/6 chance in his favor, but it was impossible to determine properly, so we stuck to debating the result - until riccaru got fed up and left.

Even freeform games have "stats", things a character is good at or not - a potential problem is that different people describe these differently. Jehoel (Dorizzit's character) has "extremely powerful Ceros" and "average Hierro for his powerlevel", but what do these mean if compared to someone who has "Ceros that can level buildings" and "skin like tempered steel"?

It is impossible to tell from reading just the character entry. The players might agree on a solution, but before then, we don't know.

Using Noitahovi would give a certain uniformity and a potential workaround for inconsistent writing styles between people. That way, even if we couldn't tell from the descriptions who should have an edge, we could still always tell it from the game mechanics.

I understand your worry and reluctance to use a foreign game system. Luckily, it's simple enough that I can summarize it in English for all to see. Then you can make a more informed decision about it.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: Well...how about this? If it's agreed on by both parties that one Player has an advantage they get a +2 to their roll?
    Missed this before. The problem was that we couldn't get them to agree on anything on the spot. It would've solved the problem if these things would've been apparent from their character sheets from the start - but they weren't, due to aforementioned inconsistency of description. Both parties felt something was being ignored about their character, but it was impossible to solve which should take priority due to incomparable metrics.

17. - Top - End - #107

Missed this before. The problem was that we couldn't get them to agree on anything on the spot. It would've solved the problem if these things would've been apparent from their character sheets from the start - but they weren't, due to aforementioned inconsistency of description. Both parties felt something was being ignored about their character, but it was impossible to solve which should take priority due to incomparable metrics.
    What about something along the lines of Risk?

Attacker gets up to three dice, defender gets up to two. Compare the highest die (or dice), highest wins. Defender wins all ties.

Or we could tweak that as needed.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Then that's something dice or a system isn't going to be able to deal with quite simply. A major communication barrier was between the two and they couldn't agree on anything. A result based on dice rolls wasn't going to resolve anything between the two of them. It'd have just forced an end result and they'd have to deal with it while still being unhappy about it.

More or less, the system wasn't the problem. The inability to come to an agreement was. Forcing an agreement isn't the solution in that situation. What is, is telling the players to take a day or two to calm down. Relax and come back to the discussion with more level heads. If they still can't come to an agreement....not much else to say. The scene should result in a draw because the situation is irreconcilable. If they are both unhappy about it they have only themselves to blame and they should try to be more agreeable next time the situation comes up.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-12 at 11:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

See, the problem I have with that sort of system is like any dice system there is the potential for abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Thing
    Hanatarou walks up to Kenpachi.
    H: "I challenge you to a fight to the death for leadership of 11th Squad!"
    K: "... You serious, kid?"
    H: "Let's go!"
    K: ((I'm pretty sure I can kill that guy just by blinking.))
    H: ((Conflict!))
    K: ((What? Seriously?))
    H: ((CONFLICT!!!))
    ((Rolls, by some miracle of dice Hanatarou wins))
    H: "WOOT! I just kicked Kenpachi's butt!"
    K: ...
    Yes, that's an extreme exaggeration, and I don't know the nuances of whatever system you're proposing, but the principle still applies. Systems can be exploited, even if the exploit is merely "playing the odds," even if no one purposely does so. And best case scenario, it comes down not to logic, but to

I do like the idea of a GM group. Maybe like three people who can be impartial judges, and just not judge on a conflict involving their own characters, obviously. At least that way it's up to someone with actual logic regarding the two characters and not just up to chance or a system that could be exploited.

Of course I'd like to believe that we can go 99% of the game without conflict that can't be resolved via PM or OOC stuff, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

20. - Top - End - #110

Why are ninjas being sent after her and why does she know ninjutsu?
    Because when I imported her from the other setting, I forgot to take out that detail as I replaced it.
    Now it's taken out! (Thanks for pointing that out. I would've missed it.)

Also: Thanks, Terry and Tebryn! This has forced me to know what I had to look up in the Bleach Wiki and also forced me to know which details I needed to clarify.

No real problem here. Maybe expand on it later? Would be nice to see some backstory of the previous war through a mortals eyes.

[...]

So....I suppose in sum up. It really really feels unfinished in a lot of ways. There are a lot of plot holes and other parts of the story that kinda connect strangely. I'm sure it makes more sense in your head but we can't hop in there. Hopefully all this has helped a little to point out some of the problems.
    Yes, I am planning on fleshing out and expanding more as my homework and test schedule evens out. I know it is really holey, but I've got to dig some holes before I can fill them up. (Especially considering my massive distraction from studying for a midterm.)

[test:]
    Scene 1: In which Hikari gets infected
    Spoiler
    Show

Eight years ago
    Character: Miya (9 years old)
    Father: Haro (57 years old)
    Mother: Hikari (62 years old)
    Mother's 2nd cousin: Saburo (27 years old)
    Shinigami 1: Umeko
    Shinigami 2: Akemi

*Note1: This all is very skimmed over. I plan on adding more as I have more time*

Hikari and Haro were sitting on their front porch, reminiscing about the "Olden Days" when Hikari used to sneak off to fight hollows, and all sorts of stuff. Miya was playing in the back of the house with dolls. Haro mentioned how he doesn't want Miya to get involved with the whole Soul Society, saying it would completely destroy her life. Hikari agrees that it's dangerous, but disagrees saying that it's helping people.

Haro doesn't think very fondly of the Soul Society because Hikari's secret Hollow-fighting life made them break up just before their wedding day when Haro always saw Hikari sneaking off, this misunderstanding delaying their wedding for several years until Haro finally found out what was actually happening (stupid and selfish reason, I know). Ever since then, he made a new hypothesis about how the world works, and, despite his dislike, worked with some Soul Reapers to make a couple of devices that benefit Soul Reapers on the mortal realm (such as pendants that can mask Spirit Energy). Being a scientist, he loves to learn new things about the universe, even though he doesn't like dealing with things "already dead and gone, like it should be", says he.

Their reminiscing is cut short when a large Hollow leaves the Spirit World, looking for a good meal, and finds Miya first, thinking she'll be easy and delicious prey. Hikari hears this, and leaves her body to be a Shinigami to fight off the Hollow. Normally, she would quickly destroy the Hollow but it was so close to Miya that Hikari had to throw herself between the two to keep the Hollow from hurting her daughter. This left an opening, which the Hollow took advantage of, getting a single attack in.

The local Shinigami, Umeko and Akemi, came just in time to see the Hollow getting cut in half by Hikari. They notice her wound, but she brushes it off saying she's had worse before, and it'll just heal up sooner or later. They left to take care of another threat, promising to come back to check up on her.

This Hollow had a unique ability similar to that one in the manga, when it takes over the Shinigami. However, instead of immediately taking over the body of the victim, it slowly corrupts the victim's spirit unless healing Shinigami stuff is used.

Haro started using some of his pseudo-science tools (like the Spirit-Energy masking pendants) on his daughter and his wife to keep them safe from further Hollow attacks. Days later, Hikari's wound made passing out become steadily more common. The two Shinigami returned, and noticed a small growth, as well. Haro noticed it as well, and said it was cancer - something "a dumb non-mortal wouldn't care about". They cut out a little sample, to run research on it back in the Spirit Realm.

Haro found out that it matched Hollow Spirit Juice, and let his own pride and stupidity take advantage of him, and he finally let his dislike for the Soul Reapers cloud his vision. He wanted to prove that he could reverse Hollowfication without the help of the Soul Society, so he masked his own Soul Energy as well, and took his now-sick wife and his daughter off to visit Saburo, a far-away relative of Hikari.

Haro managed to convince Hikari that it really was just cancer (it helped that she was blacked out most the time), while he thought he was going through breakthroughs in curing it. The Soul Energy-blocking amulet actually slowed the rate at which the infection progressed. Finally, Haro told Hikari what was actually happening, and said that he almost has a cure. Yes, she was mad, but she soon realized that if she took off the pendant (to be able to use her Shinigami abilities and go to the Soul Society), she would completely lose control of herself and turn to a Hollow there, devouring a whole lot of innocent Spirit-people before the Shinigami could stop her. So she ended up just waiting for her unthinking husband research a cure

Without the equipment and research notes he left back in Japan, he hit a huge roadblock. He realized that he wouldn't discover a cure in time without his equipment and research notes, so he instead made another alteration to the Spirit Energy-masking amulet to make a connection between the one he had and the one his wife had. This was the only way his frenzied mind could think of: send her to Hueco Mundo, him return to Japan, then use the bracelet to 'call' her, as a hollow, back to the lab after he arrives, and finish. He's fairly confident that this will work, as his wife still wasn't 100% Hollow. Probably only 74% Hollow, which he sees as a chance to get her back and prove to the Soul Society that he's better than them. Breaking two sticks with one rock.

He kept this all a secret from Miya, who still couldn't see Spirit Peoples, except maybe with a little fuzziness, like looking through bad glasses.

He let her think that her mother died peacefully, when, in fact, they both agreed (her with reservations) to send her to Hueco Mundo.

They returned to Japan, and a Shinigami by chance noticed him, despite his masked Spirit Energy. They told him that the tested growth was, in fact, emitting Hollow Juice. He said that he found that out, and personally saw to it that she was cleansed before she completely became hollowfied.

How's that? Makes more sense?

I'll finish everything else up later, when I have more time.

Note2:
    I found out today that Maiku is totally a guy's name. I changed her name to Miya. (Or did someone else already have a character named Miya? I forgot.)

EDIT: About the conversation in progress:

I don't really care about dice rolls or not. I personally prefer RPing things than rolling dice, and I absolutely don't mind if I lose or not, as long as I get to describe how it happened.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-12 at 11:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

See, the problem I have with that sort of system is like any dice system there is the potential for abuse.

Yes, that's an extreme exaggeration, and I don't know the nuances of whatever system you're proposing, but the principle still applies. Systems can be exploited, even if the exploit is merely "playing the odds," even if no one purposely does so. And best case scenario, it comes down not to logic, but to

I do like the idea of a GM group. Maybe like three people who can be impartial judges, and just not judge on a conflict involving their own characters, obviously. At least that way it's up to someone with actual logic regarding the two characters and not just up to chance or a system that could be exploited.

Of course I'd like to believe that we can go 99% of the game without conflict that can't be resolved via PM or OOC stuff, but that's probably just wishful thinking.
    I hope for the bolded as well. Honestly...the problems of games past are not necessairly going to be the problems of the game Present. Let's focus on this game and not on games that aren't going on anymore?

Requoting you on this. It more or less also boils down to this. What's easier? Making a system for ourselves or you explaining a system to us on a forum translated from a language that most of us don't speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Also: Thanks, Terry and Tebryn! This has forced me to know what I had to look up in the Bleach Wiki and also forced me to know which details I needed to clarify.

Yes, I am planning on fleshing out and expanding more as my homework and test schedule evens out. I know it is really holey, but I've got to dig some holes before I can fill them up. (Especially considering my massive distraction from studying for a midterm.)
    Any time. You can PM me as well if you'd like more in depth reviews and things like that. I promise I don't bite. I'm more than happy to help with character back stories and linking mine with other peoples as well.

22. - Top - End - #112

None of you were there for KD vs. riccaru. Some of you were, but none who are heavily weighing in.

KD v. Riccaru was a three thread argument, spanning multiple pages and involving basically everyone playing. It was hellish, tedious, and annoying because the fight was completely insignificant.

And Bob, don't try that. We're probably only letting conflict get called for massive arguments like that - Kenpachi vs. Hanatarou is laughable and immediately obvious.

This would be for things like, say, Death vs. BBEG - in an instant where, for some reason, me and Froze don't automatically concede or hash it out over AIM like we usually do. And it would be in an instant for one attack, say:

T: Death strikes at the BBEG with Death Blitz, the black energy blasting towards him at high speeds!
    F: He dodges.
    T: ((OOC:I don't think he can, Death's attack is pretty fast. [CONFLICT]))
    F: Oh, okay.
    <Rolls. F wins.>
    T: Alright, he dodges.
    It's not going to be about the outcome of the entire battle.

Also when two people disagree like KD and ricarru did - they're not going to agree to an advantage of a +2 roll. I support this system because it's easy and simple.

And now onto other things:

Why does everyone want 'limiters'? This is a war, limiters are like 'please kill me", because there's no way people are going to let you pull a Kenpachi and take off the limiter anytime you're threatened.

Now to complain about Violinist's stuff:

Okay, for one, he can't blame Seireitei for his wife refusing to tell him things like "Yeah I kill demons and crap in my spare time". That's dumb, and he's supposed to be a scientist.

How did he, a single scientist beat out Seireitei's Science Division (I SUPPORT THE FOUR DIVISION SYSTEM)? They have tons of people, and specifically research Hollows and such - and he apparently hates all things afterlife.

Why did he work with Seireitei if he hates them so much?

She had Miya when she was 53? Sorry, but Menopause is STILL 45-55, that's pretty damn unlikely. Why do they need to be so old, people who are in there 30s can still be pretty good scientists (Hey there Einstein, Tesla, Hawking, how are you guys?)

How did he make these things? Why did he make all the pseudo-science stuff?

Seriously, it doesn't have to be massively in depth, and if I wanted to play Miya it would be pretty simple.

Spoiler
    Show

As a young girl, Miya had never really known her mother all that well. She was always very busy, but when she was around, her mother was always so kind and nice.

Until she had died - but not really.

Miya's mother was a Substitute Shinigami for quite some time, before she was attacked by a Hollow and infected. Her father, a scientist, had been arrogant and foolish - he believed he could do better than the Shinigami.

Her mother trusted her father.

She trusted... poorly.

Her father sent her mother to Hueco Mundo, where the progression would be slowed due to the surrounding energy, and took Miya to Japan, where there would be far more people willing to research the effects of Hollows on humans, and how to reverse it.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    None of you were there for KD vs. riccaru. Some of you were, but none who are heavily weighing in.

KD v. Riccaru was a three thread argument, spanning multiple pages and involving basically everyone playing. It was hellish, tedious, and annoying because the fight was completely insignificant.

And Bob, don't try that. We're probably only letting conflict get called for massive arguments like that - Kenpachi vs. Hanatarou is laughable and immediately obvious.

This would be for things like, say, Death vs. BBEG - in an instant where, for some reason, me and Froze don't automatically concede or hash it out over AIM like we usually do. And it would be in an instant for one attack, say:

It's not going to be about the outcome of the entire battle.

Also when two people disagree like KD and ricarru did - they're not going to agree to an advantage of a +2 roll. I support this system because it's easy and simple.
    Which system? There are two on the table.

As for the rest. You're right. Most of us weren't there. That fact alone is something that makes me wonder why we're discussing it at all. "KD" and "Riccaru" are not in this game. Can we play this game on the merits of the people who are here and not the people who are not? I think that's fair.

And if it really is only going to come up like....1% of the time does it matter what system we're going to use? If it's really not that practical at all it kind of lends to my point that no matter the system, when communication breaks down it doesn't matter what system is used.

So....how about we just...let this all go and reach this particular bridge if and when we actually get to it? Why complicate things when we're otherwise moving along smoothly? We are literally inventing problems that aren't even present.

Why does everyone want 'limiters'? This is a war, limiters are like 'please kill me", because there's no way people are going to let you pull a Kenpachi and take off the limiter anytime you're threatened.
    Who is calling for Limiters?
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-13 at 01:24 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114

AnimeKid and Bob are both using limiters on their characters and I'm curious why. It seems pointless.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Must of missed it. I suppose maybe they're doing fighting in the Mortal World and they don't want their powers to do harm to mortals? If I remember correctly...that is a thing?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I can take it out if it honestly bothers you guys that much I guess. Plus it doesn't really take much effort to take off a ring or eyepatch. It would mostly be a surpise move for Jaijeru. Like in the middle of a battle when his sword is clashing with another opponents he reaches up with his other hand and takes off like three rings for a surprise power boost.

Besides they would have to know that they are power limiters for it to be a big thing. By what you are going on no one on the enemy would know or think that because of the war.

27. - Top - End - #117

It's just that they limited Kenpachi because he was too strong, as in "Kill everyone murdermode" strong. People walking around Seireitei with limiters who aren't Kenpachi is just... silly.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    AnimeKid and Bob are both using limiters on their characters and I'm curious why. It seems pointless.
    I can't speak for AnimeKid, but Mizuki's items really aren't "limiters" exactly. They don't weaken her, and she can't make herself suddenly stronger by removing them. At most they can give her a Second Wind mid-battle. Or if someone she fights had the ability to drain her of energy or something (no one specific in the RP comes to mind), she could use one of the items and get back on her feet. And if she dies and a shinigami can collect them, they can provide a temporary one-time power boost to Captain-level, which, in a battle against Arrancar and the like, puts the fight on even terms at best. I must stress the temporary part. In such a situation, the power boost would last one battle at most and then the item would be used up for good.

If it's really bugging people, I can remove it. The only reason I added those was because Pirate Theme. Pirate = Eyepatch, Hook, Peg Leg, etc. and I kind of wanted those to serve a practical purpose as well.

Re: Tebryn - The limited powers in the mortal world for shinigami is different. In the canon at least, every shinigami had their powers limited so they couldn't cause excessive collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576
    I already said it was an exaggerated example to make a point.

I agree with Tebryn. Right now it seems we're trying to come up with fixes for something that isn't just not broken, but not even out of the box and assembled in the first place.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

I can think of one additional justification for using dice: deciding character death.

Because let's face it, most of us are very reluctant of letting it happen even when it would be dramatically appropriate. But eventually, someone is going to want someone to die (probably me... ).

In this sense, Terry, you are wrong; Noitahovi would not be used for something trivial like one strike. It would be used to decide the big direction of a scene when there's uncertainty or disagreement. The trivial stuff would be left to normal roleplaying.

And Bob, your complaint is KD's complaint put differently - even if we'd want to give Hanatarou a chance, obviously Kenny has the edge. This is why I suggested a complete game system this time, rather than a simple die roll.

As for Tebryn's question:

Character creation:

Fill out this template according to instructions:

<Character name here>
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Synopsis - concept: The core of your character condensed to a single sentence - f. ex., blind but skilled swordsman, ravenous but cunning beast.
    Character Synopsis - background: Your character's race and station in a single sentence - f. ex., Fresh Shinigami recruit, ancient unaligned Adjuchas.
    Character Goal: Your character's driving desire in one sentence.
    Core Character Flaw(s): Something that hinders your character's goal. You must have at least one. F. ex., a severed arm, dyslexia, pride, stick-up-the-butt.

Description
    Spoiler
    Show

Age: Exact age or rough approximation. - Gender: Male, female etc. - Height: Centimeters and/or feet and inches. - Weight: Pounds and/or kilograms

Detailed description of how your character looks, feels, smells and sounds.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detailed description of how your character thinks, feels and acts.

Attributes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Each character has four primary attributes: Alertness, Body, Mind and Perseverance.

Starting characters get 10 points to distribute between these. Each must have at least 1 point. This level is for characters like newly-awakened mortals or fresh Shinigami recruits - f. ex. Chad or Orihime early in Bleach.
    Experienced characters get 13 points to distribute between these. Each must have at least 2 points. This is for characters like common Hollows or fully-learned Shinigami - f. ex. Rukia or Shrieker early in Bleach.
    Advanced Characters get 16 points to distribute between these. Each must have at least 3 points. This is for characters like Shinigami Lieutenants and dangerous Hollows - f. ex. Renji Abarai or Uryu Ishida in mid-Bleach,
    Powerful characters get 20 points to distribute between these. Each must have at least 4 points. This is for characters like Shinigami Captains or Vasto Lorde - f. ex. Byakyua Kuchiki, Ulquiorra Ciffer.

Alertness:
    Body:
    Mind:
    Perseverance:

Each character has two secondary attributes: Stamina and Reiryoku

Stamina: multiply your perseverance with 3, then add 3. F. ex., your Perseverance is 2, you get 2*3+3=9 Stamina.
    Spirit: multiply your number of Powers by 2 if you're a mortal, or 4 if you're a Spirit. For example, if you're a Shinigami with 1 power, you get 4 spirit.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Each character has Abilities - things, either skills or equipment, that help the character and further define them. These give either 1 or 2 dice in a conflict depending on how well they fit a situation. Broad Abilities apply in many situations, but give only 1 die; Specific Abilities apply in few situations, but give 2 dice.

Note: Abilities are not everything your character can do - instead, they are those things that they are best at, and which you deem most important to their character concept.

Examples of broad Abilities: Strong, Fast, Durable
    Examples of specific Abilities: Candyshop owner, Hakuda, Vial of regenerating serum.

When you pick an Ability, you describe what it does (Effect), and then how it shows in your character's demeanor or appearence (Mark). Example:

Ability: Hakuda
    Effect: Foo is master in all sorts of martial arts, from common to esoteric and natural to supernatural. As a result, he is a fearsome unarmed combatant.
    Mark: Foo has bulging muscles clearly resulting from years of training and eyes of a tiger.

Common Abilities:

General Broad Abilities: Strong, Fast, Durable, Clever, Flexible
    Specific Mortal Abilities: Car mechanic, Good at Math, Knows the Town, Karateka
    Specific Quincy Abilities: Archery, Hirenkyaku
    Specific Shinigami Abilities: Zanjutsu [Swordsmanship], Hoho [Supernatural Movement], Noble Scion, Reiatsu Detection
    Specific Hollow and Arrancar Abilities: Hierro, Sonido, Pesquisa, Rapid Regeneration.

You can (and are encouraged to) steal borrow descriptions of commonly occurring Abilities from existing Character entries. However, you can make them much more esoteric if you'd like. For example, for a martial artist character, you might write an ability:

Ability: Drunken Monkey Steals the Moon-style
    Effect: Foo has spent his time among esoteric Hindu monks, getting wasted and just maybe learning some martial arts while at it. He knows a wild, swaying style of Kung Fu with quick and unpredictable strikes, which is also great for pick-pocketing!
    Mark: Foo's breath smells of spirits (the other kind...) and he always carries a half-empty bottle with him. Your car keys are found in his pocket suspicuously often.

Starting characters pick up to 4 Abilities.
    Experienced characters pick up to 6 Abilities.
    Advanced characters pick up to 8 Abilities.
    Powerful characters pick up to 10 Abilities.

In addition, all characters can pick a Power in an Ability's place on one-to-one basis.

Powers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Powers mean Releases and other spiritual skills that dramatically affect your character's actions. Using Powers costs Spirit. There are several Paths for Powers - Path of the Reaper [For Shinigami], Way of Emptiness [Hollows and Arrancar], Archer's Lament [Quincies], Souls of All Things [Fullbringers] and Path Wide Open [For Mortals who want to make their own Powers, and Hybrids.]

Each Path is divided to Minor, Major and Majestic Powers. Usually you pick one Path and progress through each category - the Path Wide Open is an exception, where you can take Minor and Major Powers from any other Path, or even make your own, but you will never learn Majestic Powers.

Starting and Experienced characters can only pick Minor Powers. Advanced Characters can pick up to Major Powers. Only Powerful Characters may pick Majestic Powers.

---

Conflict resolution:

All that numerical data above? It's for resolving Conflict. However, Conflicts are not an everyday thing - we do not use them to solve all character actions.

1. As long as players are in agreement of what should happen, no Conflict needs to be called. Proceed as normal freeform roleplay
    2. Conflicts should only be called when there's real uncertainty of what should happen, or negotiating a compromise is taking too long. Reserve Conflicts for when you really can't agree on something, or when you want surprise and uncertainty from a scene.
    3. It only takes one player to call a Conflict; however, only players whose characters are participating in a scene are allowed to do so. The sole exception is when the "opponent" is an inanimate setting object - f. ex., if a prisoner is trying to escape from a prison with dubious means of doing so, anyone can cry shenanigans and call for a conflict against a Faceless Opponent.
    4. CONFLICTS ARE NOT STRICTLY FOR BATTLE! If you want to, you can use them for, well, any kind of conflict. For example, your superlatively attractive character is trying to seduce someone, but the other player keeps ignoring you? Go ahead. On the flipside, this also means you don't need to use a single Conflict to resolve a battle. If you decide to use them, reserve them for something important, like deciding who lives or dies.

Now, for how conflicts work:

Spoiler
    Show
    Stage 1 - Alertness Roll:

1. Each players involved in the conflict describes what they want to happen in the scene this round.
    2. All Conflicts begin with an Alertness roll. Involved parties add their Alertness to any modifiers from Abilities, Powers and Followers. This is how many dice you need to roll.
    3. Unless otherwise specified by a Power or Flaw, every time you roll dice, you're rolling D6s. 4+ is a success, below is a failure. The party with most successes wins, and their description of events takes precedence. The Conflict ends here, unless other parties decide to Hold On.
    4. If the losing party(ies) is not happy with the result, they can pay Stamina equivalent to the difference in successes to Hold On. F.ex., if the winner has 4 successes and the loser has 3, they must pay 1 Stamina.
    5. In case of a tie, any party may spend 1 Stamina to Push for Victory. They will win, unless the other party decides to pay 1 Stamina to Hold On.
    6. If there are still two or more participants left after the Roll, move to Stage 2.

Stage 2 - Body and Mind Rolls:

1. Each players involved in the conflict again describes what they want to happen in the scene this round.
    2. The victor of the last round decides whether the next Roll will be Body or Mind. This works precisely like Alertness Rolls. Count successes to see who wins, then people can again pay Stamina to Hold On, or Push For Victory in case of a tie.
    3. If there's a clear victor but other parties still decide to Hold On, the victor can again decide if the next roll is Body or Mind, or if the Conflict will move to Stage 3.
    4. If the result of any Stage 2 roll is a tie and someone Pushes For Victory, but people still decide to Hold On, the Conflict moves to Stage 3.

Stage 3 - Perseverance Rolls:

1. Each players involved in the conflict again describes what they want to happen in the scene this round.
    2. Stage 3 begins with a Perseverance rolls. This works just like previous attribute rolls, except that Pushing For Victory is disallowed.
    3. If there's a clear victor and none of the losing parties pays Stamina to Hold on, the Conflict ends and the victor's description of events takes precedence.
    4. If the Roll is a tie but one of the losing parties pays Stamina to Hold on, Stage 3 repeats.
    5. If there's a clear victor but one of the losing parties decides to Hold On, the victor decides whether the Conflict is a tie or whether Stage 3 repeats.
    6. If the roll is a tie and none of the losers pay to Hold On, the whole Conflict is a tie. If possible, descriptions of all tied parties happen simultaneously. If this is not possible, everyone involved drops unconscious.

Note on using Abilities and Powers: you can only use one Ability to gain a bonus for each roll. You can only use one Power per round of rolling, though you may have up to five long-duration powers active. Most importantly, however, is that use of all Abilities and Powers must appear and be explained in the narrative! If you can't think of how Regeneration Serum helps against a seduction attempt? You won't get a bonus for it. If you don't state you're using your Shikai, you don't get any benefits from it.

In practice, this means each round of rolling must be accompanied by an IC post. However, even while in Conflict, not every IC post must be accompanied by a roll. You can let the situation live a little and the roll when you think it's important.

Note on Allying: Two or more characters can ally together against a common foe. In this case, both roll, but only the better result is used for the allies. If one of the allied would've lost by his or her own merits, however, they still suffer an Injury despite of this.

Note on Flaws: When one or more of your Flaws would hinder you in a conflict, you only succeed on a 5+.

Note on Followers: When there's a group of NPC characters who could help you, you get automatic successes for a Roll depending on the size of the group: 1 for a handful, 2 for a dozen, 3 for several dozen, 4 for one hundred, 5 for several hundred, 6 for one thousand and 7 for thousands. F. Ex., if the Commander General would rally all of the divisions (canonically about 3000 Shinigami) and attack Hueco Mundo, she'd get 7 automatic successes against the Hollow leader. However, followers only provide successes if they are present and can really help you! If you're fighting a duel, you won't get any bonuses from the crowd standing still.

Note on Faceless Opponents: If one or more party is an inanimate setting piece, or just a random NPC, they are a Faceless Opponent. Faceless Opponents only have one Attribute, Toughness, that they use for all rolls and a single point of Stamina. If an obstacle would realistically take more than one character to topple, the Opponent also has automatic successes appropriate for the amount of people it would take to take it down. F. ex., the walls of Seireitei might take thousands to dismantle and are incredibly tough by themselves, so they might have Toughness 10 and 7 automatic successes!

Word of Warning: RESULTS OF A CONFLICT ARE FINAL! You don't get to chicken out if a roll turns badly for you and places you at the mercy of an evil player. You must live with it. This system exists so the show can go on when arguing could bring it to a halt; please respect that.

Hints&Tips: If you can't trust other parties in the conflict, ask an outside party to make the rolls for you lot.

---

Threads and recovering Spirit and Stamina:

Spoiler
    Show

There are two kind of threads: World threads, which are open to everyone and contain everyday goings on and major events of the game. These typically last for whole 50 pages before ending. Then there are Episode threads, which are smaller and more contained, probably containing only few characters and their specific plots.

In World threads, your Stamina and Spirit are restore when you a) return to a safe place to rest, or b) the thread ends with your character not in a conflict. Soul Society is never considered "safe" for Hollows, and Hueco Mundo is never considered "safe" for Shinigami.

In Episode threads, your Spirit and Stamina restore to full at the start of the thread. That's all Spirit and Stamina your character has for that thread, you can't get more.

---

Injuries and Character Development:

Spoiler
    Show

Whenever your character loses a Conflict, they receive an Injury chosen by your opponent. You also receive Injury dictated by yourself each time your character rolls no successes in a Conflict. Now, despite of the word, Injuries don't have to be physical wounds. They can be any fitting hindrance your foe deems to inflict upon you. Examples could include sickness, depression, or suddenly awakened sense of consciousness. You must respect the injury and incorporate it into your roleplaying somehow.

Now, for character development: you can alter your character description, flaw, goal and synopsis anytime you deem fit. As long as it's justified through the narrative, you can also swap an Ability or Power for any other Ability or Power. F. ex., if your Mortal character happens to die, you can swap their mortal Abilities for Shinigami or Hollow ones.

You also get one Attribute point each time your Flaw hinders your character in a Conflict. At the end of any World or Episode thread your character participated in, you can pick one more Ability or Power that you can justify by the event of the thread, or you can opt to get rid of an Injury instead.

Finally, if you've not been in a Conflict but think it's still narratively approriate, you can ask other players for a permission to increase your attributes to the next level.

---

List of Powers:

Note about Powers: The flavor of your Powers is for you to fill. Only the game-mechanical part needs to remain untouched when you copy it to your bio. If you see any questions in a Power description - answer them! If you have an idea for a Power not listed here, bring your idea up in the OOC and we'll see what to do about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Powers:

Path of the Reaper

Lesser Bakudo: You are versed in Binding and hiding spells. You can use incantations up to level 49 - remember to name your favorite spells! Outside of Conflict, it takes 1 Spirit to use any spell within this category. When in Conflict, you can use 2 spirit just before a roll to get 2 automatic successes to flee from or capture your enemy.

Lesser Hado: You are versed in spells that invoke violent elemental forces. You can use incantations up to level 49 - remember to name your favorite spells! Outside of Conflict, it takes 1 Spirit to use any spell within this category. When in Conflict, you can use 2 spirit just before a roll to get 2 automatic successes to injure your opponent or damage the environment.

Shikai: You've been graced with the name of your Zanpakuto! Tell us what your inner world, released weapon and its Spirit look like, and define its power. Outside of a Conflict, activating Shikai takes 2 Spirit, and lasts until the next Conflict. When in Conflict, activating Shikai takes 3 Spirit and lasts for the rest of the Conflict, giving you 2 extra rolls for all tests where your power would be useful.

Senkaimon: You can open a pathway from Mortal realm to Afterlife, or vice versa, without having to traverse through dangerous Dangai! Activating this power always takes 1 Spirit - you can use it in Conflict just before a roll to get 2 automatic successes to any attempt to flee your enemy.

Way of Emptiness:

Hollow Mask: Your heart has corroded away and turned into a Hideous Mask! But with it, comes feral strenght far greater than that of mortal men. (If you're an Arrancar, describe your Mask Fragment instead.) You can only activate this Power just before rolling in a violent Conflict and it takes 2 Spirit - but in exchange, you succeed on 3+, instead of normal 4+!

Aspect of Death: In all situations where a creature dies, one governing factor can be found looming over all others. Tell us what is yours. You can draw upon your Aspect for guidance in any situation related to it - this takes 1 Spirit, and grants 1 automatic success.

Garganta: You can forcefully tear apart fabric between worlds to move undetected through the Void! Theoretically, any place can be reached from there! Using this Power always takes 2 Spirit - you can use it in Conflict just before a roll to get 2 automatic successes to any attempt to evade attacks, or to flee, but the latter only works if you're going to Hueco Mundo.

Cero: You have learned the devastating signature ability of Hollows - when in Conflict, you can use 2 Spirit to get 3 extra rolls to harming your enemy or surroundings.

Archer's Lament

---WIP---

Souls of All Things

---WIP---

More powers to come...

Major Powers:

Path of the Reaper:

Shunko: Through your mastery of both Hakuda and Kido, you have created a brand new technique that wreathes you in a destructive aura and powers up your strikes! You can now also use the fabled Hanki to nullify your opponent's attacks. Activating this Power costs 4 Stamina and it lasts till the end of next Conflict. Each time when you roll either Body or Mind, you can choose between getting 2 extra dice yourself, or rendering 2 of your opponent's successess moot after the roll.

Bankai: As a requirement of this ability, you must have manifested and defeated the corporal form of your Zanpakuto's Spirit! This gives you a whole new array of abilities and increases your strenght tenfold (or so they say...). Please elaborate on what kind of amazing stunts this Power allows you to do. Activating this power outside of Conflict takes 3 Stamina, and in Conflict it takes 6. Bankai gives you 3 automatic successess in any applicable Conflict.

Greater Bakudo: Your mastery of Binding arts has deepened, and now you can summon physical objects to crush your enemies or hide whole buildings from sight. All non-forbidden Spells from 50 to 99 are open to you - remember to tell us your favorites! Outside of Conflict, it takes 2 Spirit to use any spell within this category. When in Conflict, you can use 4 Spirit just before a roll to get 4 automatic successes to flee from or capture your enemy.

Greater Hado: When it comes to raining fire from the Heavens or similar destructive pursuits, you are almost unparalled! All non-forbidden spells from 50 to 99 are open to you - remember to tell us your favorites! Outside of Conflict, it takes 2 Spirit to use any spell within this category. When in Conflict, you can use 4 Spirit just before a roll to get 4 automatic successes to harm your enemy or surroundings.

Way of Emptiness:

Resurreccion: Requires you to have ripped off your mask and become an Arrancar. However, as a benevolent side-effect, your former inhuman powers are now stored in a conveniently-sized weapon - and you can still release it to regain your former, bestial glory! Please tell us the details of your weapon, form and new, improved Hollow powers you gain by releasing. Activating this power outside of Conflict takes 3 Spirit, and in Conflict it takes 6. Resurreccion gives you 3 automatic successess in any applicable Conflict.

King of Hollow Flash: You have reached a new level in your energy attacks, and can now vary them in speed and strenght, giving birth to Bala or fabled Gran Rey Cero! When in Conflict, you can use 4 Spirit to get 6 extra rolls to damage your enemy or surroundings.

Gonzui: your breath brings death to weakling around you as you drain their soul and steal their power. When you use this Power, you can spend Spirit up to 3 - if your opponent has any Followers, their numbers drop as many levels and you gain their automatic successes for your own next roll!

Negacion: Requires you to be Gillian class Menor or Arrancar. You know the secret technique of whisking your Hollow comrades to safety... or to be promptly eaten, who knows. Using this Power takes 3 Stamina - if the target is not in Conflict, they are immediately transferred to Hueco Mundo, and if they are, they need not spend any Stamina to Hold On for the next two rounds, no matter how badly they otherwise go for them.

Archer's Lament

---WIP---

Souls of All Things

---WIP---

Majestic Powers

Path of the Reaper:

Bankai Final Form: You must have performed Jinzen while in Bankai to commune with the greatest form of your Zanpakuto's Spirit, and become one with it. Now, the ultimate sacrifice awaits. This Power consumes all of your Spirit to upkeep. As long as you don't discharge it, you get 2 automatic successes for all Rolls. When you finally decide to let go, you get 7 automatic successes for your next Conflict roll, but lose all your Powers as a Shinigami permanently.

Sacrificial Kido: You have learned the forbidden art of using parts of your own soul to fuel Kido. For each Injury you take, whether it be mental or physical, you get 1 automatic success for your next roll. However, if you wish to injure your opponent, each injury you inflict upon yourself must correspond those you wish to inflict upon your foes. Each Injury also takes 1 Spirit.

Master of Space and Time: requires you to be a Kido Corps member. In secrecy, you have studied and learned the forbidden arts that bend space and time! Now no place in the world or history is inaccessible to you... but at a heavy prize. Anytime you lose in a conflict, you can pay 8 Stamina to reroll your results, undoing any injuries you may have suffered. However, using this Power leads to exile from Soul Society for all eternity...

Way of Emptiness:

Segunda Etapa: Unlike other Arrancar, you have not been complacent in your instinctive abilities. You have trained, by demons of Hell how you have trained! And finally, you have reached a level beyond your ordinary kin - tell us, oh Unhallowed One, what great strenght does your new form bestow you? Activating this Power outside of Conflict takes 5 Stamina, and in Conflict it takes 10. Segunda Etapa gives you 6 automatic successess in any applicable Conflict.

Soul Division: Your power is so great, it can not be contained in a single body. By halving your Spirit, you get twice as many Followers as you commit Spirit points to this ability. You can command them to help you in any task just as you see fit. These Spirit points are not restored until you reabsrob your Followers.

Debilitating Terror: Your presence is such, it makes lesser men fall to their knees at the sight of you. Activating this Power takes 6 Stamina, and it lasts for one Conflict. If even one of your opponent's Flaws falls within the domain of your Aspect of Death, they can only succeed on a 6 on any roll!

Archer's Lament

---WIP---

Souls of All Things

---WIP---

There's your game system. I'm working on an example Conflict and Character now.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-09-13 at 11:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

The second justification isn't one for a whole new system. Characters who don't want to kill their characters shouldn't be forced to. All that does is make people angry which is something in a game like this we should try to avoid. You can't make a good story when people involved are upset. If people keep pulling their characters from the mouth of death over and over despite it making sense. Well that's on them. But even considering this already we've got two players happily talking about killing their characters to better the story.

Every example for why we need this system has brought up two characters from a game that ended what? Almost six months ago? They've not even put their characters here for recruitment. And judging by what you Frozen and Terry have said I would be hesitant to allow them to join. The problem isn't with the system. The problem was with the players. If that happens here, well you guys have dealt with it and know how to handle it. But instead of working to avoid it in the first place with a whole new system that may very well turn players away who wanted to play a Free Form game, lets work over that problem if and when it comes.

As for the system...I am way not sold on it in the slightest. Sorry.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-09-13 at 12:31 PM.