New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,479 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dresden Files: Winter is coming (Cold Days Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    The Queens are Sidhe.
    Lilly was a Changeling, let's assume she had a Sidhe parent. She recieves the Mantle, and either chooses, or is forced to Choose, her Faerie aspect. She becomes a Sidhe and is now the Summer Lady just as Aurora was before her. Lily was NOT BORN a Sidhe, but she always had the ability to BECOME one by Choosing. We don't know if The Mantle turned Lily into a Sidhe. We know that she COULD have become a Sidhe by Choosing, and that she was a Sidhe after getting the Mantle.
    Actually... Lily could have become a Nixie not a Sidhe.

Specifically part of Winter. That was sorta the reason behind that group's "relationship" to Lloyd Slate, until his opposite number put his foot down and shielded them.

So the Lady's Mantle is metaphysically strong enough to override (or at least suppress) the base fae creature once, and the Court alignment twice. Nor is overwriting humanity unknown in the Dresdenverse, with two types of vampires at least doing it so its not a fundamental rule. On balance I'd say Molly is no longer human, but the possibility remains open... also I'd imagine retaining her humanity would limit her powers as Winter Lady pretty sharply.

I thought she said "Mortal", which could be Changeling.

Although if she said Human then I guess that is proof that the Mantle transforms you. I hope Molly was not especially fond of iron things.
    I checked and she said "mortal" so its ambiguous.

Might be possible to discern whether that includes Changelings with a fairy talking with a more through analysis.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Actually... Lily could have become a Nixie not a Sidhe.

Specifically part of Winter. That was sorta the reason behind that group's "relationship" to Lloyd Slate, until his opposite number put his foot down and shielded them.

So the Lady's Mantle is metaphysically strong enough to override (or at least suppress) the base fae creature once, and the Court alignment twice. Nor is overwriting humanity unknown in the Dresdenverse, with two types of vampires at least doing it so its not a fundamental rule. On balance I'd say Molly is no longer human, but the possibility remains open... also I'd imagine retaining her humanity would limit her powers as Winter Lady pretty sharply.
    If I had to guess, I would say that the transformation is not instant, and the more she uses the Mantle's power, the more she transforms, both physically and mentally.
    That or the physicial transformation is instant (Sidhe seem to be more or less Human anatomically speaking), but the mental transformation is not.

Also, we need a new thread.

Dresden Files: Skin in the Game

Dresden Files: Its a Mab Mab Mab Mab Mab Mab Mab Mab Mab Mab Mab World

Dresden Files:A Drug Dealer to Tiny Faeries.
    Last edited by BRC; 2013-11-14 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Dresden Files:A Drug Dealer to Tiny Faeries.
    I think 'Dresden Files II: Dealing Drugs To Tiny Faeries' flows better, but either way this is my vote.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I think 'Dresden Files II: Dealing Drugs To Tiny Faeries' flows better, but either way this is my vote.
    Dresden Files: Faeries Drug Dealer?

I want to know something; they keep saying that Lea is second only to Mab in term of power at the Winter court..

Does it mean Lea could take on Maeve?

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Agreed.

Also, I don't think Dresdenverse Power is a strict Heirarchy of "Person X could beat Being Y". If it was, Harry would have been smashed into pieces long ago.
    Lea could probably give Maeve a run for her money, but unless it was halloween, Maeve would be immortal. Plus there are probably all sorts of rules about what Faeries can do what to whom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

I checked and she said "mortal" so its ambiguous.

Might be possible to discern whether that includes Changelings with a fairy talking with a more through analysis.
    Well, i remember in that regard that Mab considered Thomas mortal enough for her cause, at least mortal enough to pick up the mantle of knight.

So i suspect changelings would also belong to that folder.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

can I know what are the ship battles in this fanbase?

Harry/Karrin is obvious. Harry/Elaine too, maybe? It's more than likely that there is a number of Harry/Molly shippers as well?

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Don't forget the Harry/Thomas. You know they're lurking out there somewhere.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground