New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default PTA: Rocketing Forward (IC)

Team Rocket, known for it's many criminal actions and deeds in the Pokemon world. It's headquarters is a mystery to all but it's members, as well as what shadowy hand guides it. Now you are privvy to it's secets as well and it's mission.

You all find yourselves in a large office like room. A jet black mahogany desk illuminates with the teams trademark R in bright red on it's face. Behind sits the man you meet from earlier, he still has yet to give you his name. He smiles as you stand their, looking over your indiviual files before speaking.

"Well, you've all done even better then I expected of you. In these short months you have moved up ranks in our little group faster then most. Now it's time for you to step out of being mere grunts though, it's time to make a impact." He lays out four separate dossier folders in front of you all. Already open, each one describes a Executive of Team rocket, their fields of expertise and place in the organization.

"These are your mentors, per say, they shall provide you with ways to achieve your dreams. Whether it be conquering the league, to merely conquering the contest stage. Of course I too have a few tips and tricks to help you help me, but, I would rather see what they can do with you first."

(The Dossier folders are all in the OOC under Rocket NPCs. I do not need you all to go to the same person as your are not a established team of trainers/pokemon. So feel free to go visit whomever you think will help you with your goals the most.)
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Rocketing Forward (IC)

Clay looks at the dossiers. He likes his current body; the suit was a nice addition. Pity he had to kill the guy on that job.

Clay looks through the the dossiers, ignoring the other people at first. Athena might be beneficial in the future, but right now Clay just doesn't have the time to dig through musty old ruins. Maybe later, but not now. Lance could be fun. Definitely easy to mess with when you have skills such as Clay. He may just have to hit him up at a latter date. Ace, well, Gym Battles weren't really Clay's thing. One on six rarely ends well.

Apollo... While catching rare and powerful Pokemon may not quite be his thing, encountering them would definitely be beneficial.

Clay, still not quite talking to the other contestants, heads over to Apollo. Before he goes though, as soon as he is behind the others, copies the body of one of the women. In his experience at least, male humans responded better to females.

"This will do...." he mutters to himself.

Checking out his new form and clothes, Clay heads out to meet Apollo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Transform into...... Melody Suzuki!
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rasa examines the dossiers. One immediately jumps out as the frontrunner, but he figures he'll give each some thought.

Athena certainly appealed to Rasa's desire to understand the likely legendary beast that felled his father, and forced evolution seemed like a potential shortcut to gain some power. But in the end, he wanted to earn his own strength and he knew he wouldn't have the patience to study myths.

Lance...was not worth any thought whatsoever.

Ace held Rasa's attention for a bit. The trainer Rasa sought vengeance on was probably very high up the world rankings. But organized combat wasn't exactly Rasa's cup of tea, so he decided to pass.

That left Apollo, Rasa's initial choice. This man would provide Rasa with what he wanted and needed: tough training and the chance to gain powerful allies.

With that in mind, Rasa heads off to meet Apollo. "Let's see if you live up to your reputation, human."

Spoiler
    Show
    Can we as pokemon speak to humans?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

"ugh! I hate this uniform"Brent mutters to himself. Not a fan of lances fashion choices so I probably don't want to run any jobs for him.

Brent looks over the rest of the names.

Apollo would give me some opportunities to pick up some different kinds of pokemon and more kinds of pokemon means more ways to break in to places, and being able to do that should help me climb he ladder here. after mulling that thought for a bit he decides to go for it and heads for Apollos office.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Sigma buzzes as he leaves a computer, pauses to look at the others, and sparks into a speaker, a vaguely male voice crackling from the device. -A coordinator, an archaeologist, an ace and a newbie killer... pardon me I say that I'm not a fan of our options... Muk it, I'm sticking with one of you.- He looks out from the speaker. Not the Ditto. At least not right now. They were always fun guys, from what he had seen, but he wasn't going to go and get himself killed for Apollo's amusement like those who had already left. Just as cocky as his old trainer. Survival first, fun second. Hm, what else have we got? He had seen a few of TR's records in the past, match faces to pictures... Hm, the girl the Ditto didn't copy had the same starter as Damian. Maybe a Scyther won't kill that one. Such squishy little creatures, Ralts. Odd. Not much on any of them, human or mon. Eh, follow the other girl. Be a switch from Damian. Apparently she was a budding Bodysnatcher. Could be interesting. With a hum he leaves the speaker and when the girl isn't looking, hops into her Pokégear.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody skims through the dossiers, making mental notes of the of each individual. Perhaps to see Athena when she had the chance to, seeing how she always had a bit of an interest in myths and legends. Lance seem interesting to hit up at some point, but not right now. She didn't really care much for Ace for the time being. She could check out Apollo, but the mystic in her really wanted to see more about the myths and legends.

"Chim!" At that moment, the little firery monkey riding on Melody's shoulder tugged on some of her hair and directed her attention to the copy of herself exiting the room.

She smirked as she witnessed this. Let it go, Wukong. Let's see how that plays out later. Besides, we've got places to be. The then exited the room and headed over to Athena's office.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Apollo's Office
    Apollo looked up as the three entered his office. He didn't see much in them at first glance although the Deino was intriguing. He wondered how long these ones would last.

"Well, you must be new here. At least to this floor I mean, hopefully you can prove more competant then the other Rockets I've dealt with in the past." He continued looking them over, something about the girl who came in was different but he couldn't quite figure it out. He walks over to a file cabinet retrieving a pair of folders and takes a seat behind his desk. "The work I give isn't for the squishy or squeemish type, so I hope you can handle it. What we have right now is some information on two places of interest. The first is Mount Crater, it's just south of here though you may encounter some wild Pokemon on the way. We've been monitoring that location and it seems a pair of mated Drudigon have decided to lay offspring there. With those dragons we could increase our power even further thanks to their innate ferocity. We want you to retrieve at least three eggs for us, as for the parents do what you need to. The second place is known as Grimholm Manor, a few our agents have disappeared there, others ran like cowards. It is safe to assume a ghost of some sort is involved. The place itself has a history that keeps locals away from it, it would be a excellent outpost for our activities.

Athena's Office
    As you walk in you see the walls lined with artifacts and ancient glyphs written in Alph. The office itself seems like a dig as the red haired woman behind the desk smiles at you.

"Welcome, I assume you are here because you have a interest in what I do. Well if that's the case I'm sure we'll get along. First off I should tell you that most of the places I search are off the regular beaten path. So we will have to use the Helicopter to reach them, I hope you are not afraid of flying. Second, Pokemon to me a moot point, the knowledge in the ruins and artifacts themselves are much more important to me. That's not to say you cannot have a nice capture here and there but I will only concern a capture in my work if the creature is worthy of it. Now as for assignments, right now we a excavating some new-found ruins in the Deserts of Unova. That or if you would like more well known areas, we also are looking into a small temple we recently found east of here. It seems to be in worship to some pokemon of sorts but we haven't seen any people going to or from the place in the weeks of monitoring."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    Apollo's Office
    "Well, you must be new here. At least to this floor I mean, hopefully you can prove more competant then the other Rockets I've dealt with in the past. The work I give isn't for the squishy or squeemish type, so I hope you can handle it. What we have right now is some information on two places of interest. The first is Mount Crater, it's just south of here though you may encounter some wild Pokemon on the way. We've been monitoring that location and it seems a pair of mated Drudigon have decided to lay offspring there. With those dragons we could increase our power even further thanks to their innate ferocity. We want you to retrieve at least three eggs for us, as for the parents do what you need to. The second place is known as Grimholm Manor, a few our agents have disappeared there, others ran like cowards. It is safe to assume a ghost of some sort is involved. The place itself has a history that keeps locals away from it, it would be a excellent outpost for our activities.
    "Hello, Sir."

Rasa listened to the choices and couldn't help but cringe a bit at the Mount Crater assignment. It sounded eerily similar to his own situation, a mated pair of dragons being separated from their offspring. Rasa knew better than to question Team Rocket's methods, though.

"I'll go to Grimholm Manor. I tend to get along very well with ghosts," Rasa said with a grin. He did indeed enjoy biting them very much. They, on the other hand, did not have as great of a time. "And for the record, don't worry. I can handle it."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody gives Athena a warm smile after giving a quick glace around he room. Why, yes I am interested in your field of work. She then pauses to consider the options of assignments. I think this would prefer the temple at this time. What else can you tell me of the nearby temple? Or is that what I am to find out?
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Athena
    "Other then it's location I can tell you that it houses some unique Pokemon such as Vulpix and Chimeco. There might be others but those are the ones my agents have seen most frequent the site. They shouldn't bother you to much, the Chimeco are harmless and the Vulpix are skittish, be on guard though for anything we may have missed." She hands you a map to the ruins as well as a basic set of adventuring gear (a rope, first aid kit, flashlight, etc).

((Oh, sidenote, everyone human has a pokedex like machine (Rocketdex . they can act as a pokedex does and as a communicator/camera))

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Melody's [redacted to] Rocketdex makes a muffled speaking noise. "Chimecho and Vulpix? This will be easy! Hey babe, take me out of your pocket! Love the view, but wanna be a bit more clear sounding when I speak to the boss lady! Miss Athena, whatcha need us to do in these runes anyways?"

(Contents of First Aid Kit, please?)

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Athena
    Looked at the girl for a moment, not appearing to shocked by the second voice. She obviously has had stranger things happen. "Our main objective is to retrieve a documentation of the temples inner sanctum. tapestries, old scrolls, even artifacts. They may lead us to figure out what they were used for and if they can be of use to us. The temple itself is two floors, a ground floor and a upper floor, the rooms we have yet to explore fully are located on the top floor. Some where locked, others we just left for later.

(First aid kit contains: 3 potions, 2 burn heals, 2 antidotes and 5 oran berries. there is also a set of bandages for human injuries or minor scrapes. [bandages heal 1d10+5])

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

In the most flashy way he could, Jackson flipped through the various booklets on the Admins with a bored look. He was in it for the money and fame and to give the finger to the government, he honestly didn't care who he worked with.

Opening the first one he smirked, a chick was always fun to work with. Plus if he could seduce her there was benefits to sleeping with the boss, plus if worse came to worse that other female had headed to visit her and she was easy on the eyes. Still, he didn't feel like climbing around in ruins, he was too cool for that. Unhappy with the first option he tossed it down and glanced at the next one.

Lance was an *******. He cared more about being cool, than looking pretty. If he wanted to look pretty he'd go be a girl or join some Japanese anime. Those animes they showed on TV always had girly looking boys. He was glad that he wasn't in an anime. Still, despite his stupid personality, lame love of beauty, and overall gayness, he DID run the pokemon contest. Reluctantly, Jackson set the folder down to consider.

Next up was Ace, and while Jackson loved Ace's style, his goals and methods were a drag. It was much cooler to show off and get fangirls than it was to go beat up animals. He found most the girls he knew enjoyed his cute Zigzagoon or his cool Ralts, not some ugly brute. Thus, Jackson chucked that folder over his shoulder.

Finally was Apollo. He had seen what Team Galactic used to wear and there was no way in hell he was going to hang out with someone that uncool. He didn't even open the folder and merely gagged and threw it away.

Jackson let out a sigh as he realized that left him with one choice. ******* Lance it was. Annoyed that he'd have to deal with an uncool pretty boy, Jackson headed toward Lance's office.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Lances office
    Lance sat in a office of bright lighting and modern art furnishings. he lingered behind the desk not doing much work but instead gazing into a mirror set on the station. He barely even noticed anyone coming in.

"Oh.. why hello there. I'm guessing you're trying to hit the big stage hmmm, flash it up a bit and show all those losers what talent looks like when it shines!" On the cue word of shines Lance strikes a pose as small lights flicker behind him. It was obvious he had set that up ahead of time, and that he has way to much of it. "Well first things first, we gotta get you to a contest and I've got just the one." Pulling out a flyer he smacks it onto the table. "Nearby here is a town called Spring Heights, a total wash of a place, but they do have one thing an annual fair and contest pageant." He looks excited to even be talking about contests, and far to into it. "It shouldn't be to hard for you, there are three categories this year; Cool, Cute, and Tough. All the trainers participating are locals but then again that means they've done this before. There's a route east of here that'll take you right to town, you might even find some good Pokemon to help you win along the way."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    Apollo's Office
    Apollo looked up as the three entered his office. He didn't see much in them at first glance although the Deino was intriguing. He wondered how long these ones would last.

"Well, you must be new here. At least to this floor I mean, hopefully you can prove more competant then the other Rockets I've dealt with in the past." He continued looking them over, something about the girl who came in was different but he couldn't quite figure it out. He walks over to a file cabinet retrieving a pair of folders and takes a seat behind his desk. "The work I give isn't for the squishy or squeemish type, so I hope you can handle it. What we have right now is some information on two places of interest. The first is Mount Crater, it's just south of here though you may encounter some wild Pokemon on the way. We've been monitoring that location and it seems a pair of mated Drudigon have decided to lay offspring there. With those dragons we could increase our power even further thanks to their innate ferocity. We want you to retrieve at least three eggs for us, as for the parents do what you need to. The second place is known as Grimholm Manor, a few our agents have disappeared there, others ran like cowards. It is safe to assume a ghost of some sort is involved. The place itself has a history that keeps locals away from it, it would be a excellent outpost for our activities.
    "'sup dude," Clay says, hopping into a chair, the skirt he's wearing flying up a bit at the sudden change in direction.

Both areas were tempting. The body of a Druddigon.... Well, that would be useful. Very useful. But a ghost.... That would be almost as useful as well! Pity both would become weak to that if he shifted... Pulling out a slip of paper, he looks at a Type Advantage sheet. With his current forms he was far better equipped to handle a Dragon.

"I'll head to Mount Crater, see what I can do about those Druddigon. Dragon's are always fun to part with."

He turns to the Deino. "You're a little cocky kid," he says, striding over to the Pokemon. "If you don't mind, I'll be borrowing this from you," he says, touching the Deino on the head. In a flash the gelatinous body of the Ditto had changed into another Deino.

"Yes, this will do," he says with a grin in a more gravelly voice than before. This will definately do...."

Spoiler
    Show
    Store Deino.

"So, do I get any cool toys before I head out or am I stuck with what I got?"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-09 at 10:29 AM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody's eyes widen and her body straightens as the voice emanated from her pocket. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the rocketdex. She started to press random buttons on the thing to see what was wrong with it. What are you? And what do you mean by the view?! She slightly blushed as she furrowed her brows at the machine.

Wukong, amused by this, is laughing and dancing on Melody's shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Brent not being the most sociable type remains silent as he enters the room

when apollo take out the files he takes out his heavily modded rocketdex and take a quick picture of the contents of each as he reads them. "not the best use of my talents"he mutters beneath his breath.

he then turns away from the group and types into his rocketdex
    Code:
    so what do think hax? dragons at the end of a nature walk,
    or an old house which probably has no machinery more complex than an egg timer?
    the screen bugs out for a sec and then displays the words
    Code:
    are there any slot machines to blow up along the nature route?

he types back
    Code:
    I'm afraid not
    the screen spazzes some in frustration and then arranges the letters
    Code:
    sigh... well then an egg timer is better than nothing
    he puts the rocketdex away and turns back to apollo which is probably giving him a funny look for texting in his office "*cough*... I'll take the manor assignment sir. Is there a place on base where I can acquire equipment for the mission? my last job depleted my stock"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-09 at 10:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

The buttons still function as normal. Power still turns it off, but it jumps right back to life, though skipping the stupid startup screen is kind of nice. "'Ey! You're gonna bust something if you aren't careful! Just was currious to see what kind of person wasn't going to suicidally charge off to Apollo. Apparently it's the jumpy kind. That's alright, better than the dead kind. Be out in a sec." Your phone heats up for a second before a spark comes off of it, forming into a Porygon. "Hmph. Prefer speaking from a device. More natural for myself." The voice is a lot more monotone than the one in the device. Think HAL 3000 vs a defective Portal turret.

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Apollo
    "Hmm, yes there is a shop in the base town if you need it as well as a Pokecenter. Other then that I supose I can be kind of nice to you all. Reaching into his desk he hands each of you 2 super Potions, and for those going to the manor, a Sliph Scope. "Anything else you need you can obtain in town."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Clay nods his little Deino head. "I appreciate the gifts. Now, if you'll excuse me," he says, shifting into his true, Ditto form, "I have places to go."

With that, he starts to head out the door. Before he is quite out though, he gets an idea. He turns into a Super Potion and lays sideways by the door, trying to seem as if he was dropped.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sitting on a comfy sofa looking around at everyone, hope giggles at the talking pokemon, it's been 3 months sense she has join and she still can't get over that pokemon are talking without her psychic abilities.
    She looks at the dossiers and skims through them. Oh it's Ms Athena i met her a couple times, she seems nice. Mr Lance is here to, it was fun talking about fashion with him that one time. Mr Ace, i've seen him before but never talked to him. And Mr Apollo, well i guess thats it i guess i'll go see Ms Athena.
    Hope heading over to Athena's office opens the door. Hello Ms Athena i'm here for work!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Athena
    Athena returns the smile as she sees another entrant, "Well it seems I drew the female side of the spectrum this time. it's nice to see you here. We were just discussing the assignment, a temple east of here. The copter of course shall be available to drop you off at it's front gate. From there though you'ld be on your own until you call for a pickup." Reaching down she retrieved a set of supplies identical to those she had handed Melody earlier.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody stares at the porygon that suddenly appeared from the rocketdex, as a startled Wukong climbed down onto her back. Not so funny now huh? She said to Wukong before speaking to the Porygon. So then you're going to accompany me then? Very well. She then took the map and supplies, before someone else entered the room.

Melody eye'd the girl and smirked. Sweet. More people to work with. She turned to Athena. Well, I'm ready to go if everyone else is. We can probably catch princess here up to speed on the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

A big smile devolopes on Hope's face.Ohhhh FREEBIES!! I love freebies. She takes the supplies and puts them in her bag. Yay i get to work with another girl, i rarly get to work with another girl, every time i work with guys they always hit on me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"What, I'm a girl now? Very well. Let me just change voices." He hums, and a voice perfectly identical to the previous speaks. "There, better." He examines the girl who would be joining them. What was in her file? By how she dressed...prostitute? Oh, Empath with anger issues. Muk, have to actually be nice to her. "Basic gist: Explore upper level of ruins. Should be easy. Wilds are mostly skittish. And word of advice: If you don't want guys hitting on you, don't dress like a w***e."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-09 at 11:35 AM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Rasa is amused by the Ditto's antics. "It's not cocky if I can back it up."

Rasa accepts the super potions and silph scope with a nod. "Thank you, sir." He turns to leave, stepping over the now-super-potion Ditto. "Weirdo," he mutters.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Athena
    Ignoring the comments flying around her office she returned to her desk. "The transport is indeed all fueled up, there is also a store nearby if you need anything. The pilot will be awaiting for you when you're ready.

Apollo
    returned to looking over a few papers, most likely file on other rockets as the others left.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"I have already spent most funds that I have access to. Intending to save to teach myself." He hops into Melody's dex again. "Alright babe, come on, chop chop, we're burning daylight!"

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Rasa heads for Grimholm Manor, following Appolo's directions.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody shrugs as the Porygon disappears back into the rocketdex. Wukong climbs back up and pokes at it a few times. We'll be on our way then. She give Athena a nod before grabbing the other girl by the arm. Come along princess. Got work to do. She then pulled the girl out of the room and headed for the choppa.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show