New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Rocketing Forward (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Rasa is amused by the Ditto's antics. "It's not cocky if I can back it up."

Rasa accepts the super potions and silph scope with a nod. "Thank you, sir." He turns to leave, stepping over the now-super-potion Ditto. "Weirdo," he mutters.
    "Hey, who you 'calling weird? At least I'm not stuck in a body with a mile long neck all day," the Ditto says, reverting to its normal form.

"How's about we settle this like adults. You. Me. Outside. Now. First one to drop unconscious loses."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Were going to go flying? Yaaay this is going to be fun, i havn't flown in a long time. Hope is obviously having a good time while she's dragged out with the other girl. Oh bye bye Ms Athena! She waves at Athena before she leaves the room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Hey, who you 'calling weird? At least I'm not stuck in a body with a mile long neck all day," the Ditto says, reverting to its normal form.

"How's about we settle this like adults. You. Me. Outside. Now. First one to drop unconscious loses."
    "What's up your...gelatinous... orifices...? But you know what? That actually sounds like fun. Let's make it a little more interesting, though. We each picked a different place to go, but we both know there's safety in numbers. Your versatility is clearly a strength, and your little cheat sheet there will tell you that I have a type advantage in either location. So loser sucks it up and goes where the winner wants to go. Sounds good to you?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-09 at 01:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

"What's up your...gelatinous... orifices...? But you know what? That actually sounds like fun. Let's make it a little more interesting, though. We each picked a different place to go, but we both know there's safety in numbers. Your versatility is clearly a strength, and your little cheat sheet there will tell you that I have a type advantage in either location. So loser sucks it up and goes where the winner wants to go. Sounds good to you?"
    "As fun as that sounds," the Ditto says, heading outside and looking for a decent battlefield, "I prefer to work solo. How about this. If you win, I'll turn into a pretty little girl Deino and you get a fun-filled night. When I win, you'll owe me a favor at some date in the future. Agreed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll make a map if you want.

Show

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "As fun as that sounds," the Ditto says, heading outside and looking for a decent battlefield, "I prefer to work solo. How about this. If you win, I'll turn into a pretty little girl Deino and you get a fun-filled night. When I win, you'll owe me a favor at some date in the future. Agreed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll make a map if you want.
    Rasa grinned. This Ditto's audacity was more entertaining than offensive to him. "I'm not sure if you understand the concept of how to get someone to owe you a favor...but sure, if those are your terms should you win, I'll accept. I'd still like you to come along if I win, but I won't force you if you're scared. I mean, ghosts are pretty spooky, right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Please do.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-09 at 01:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Rasa grinned. This Ditto's audacity was more entertaining than offensive to him. "I'm not sure if you understand the concept of how to get someone to owe you a favor...but sure, if those are your terms should you win, I'll accept. I'd still like you to come along if I win, but I won't force you if you're scared. I mean, ghosts are pretty spooky, right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Please do.
    Clay grins. He finds his way to a park with a nice open area.

"This will do. Now, as for the scared, no. The Druddigon just provide a better opportunity for, advancement, shall we say. Tell you what; I'll swing by that Manor first either way then hit the Crater on the way back. Now, let's get started!" the Ditto shouts, body stretching and twisting as you try to do you first move. Soon a majestic bird is formed and launches itself high into the air with a powerful flap of its wings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Clayface uses Transform as an Intercept so it's his turn first. Transform into Pidgeotto, use Sky Speed to fly up 10 meters.

Ra is Rasa, Ca is Clayface.

I'm the map.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-09 at 01:33 PM.

Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT:OOC:not sure about some details as a result I've taken the liberty of rearranging my actions to stop myself from doing any thing inhumanly stupid like walking into a civilian store in full rocket geddup

Brent collects his freebies and heads for the pokemart on the way there he takes out his rocketdex and types
    I am going to head to the dorm to put on my arm and change out of this ridiculous suit then I'm going to stop by the pokemart before heading to the manor in the mean time I want you to surf the net and gather any info you can on this manor joint like where is it, former residents, pokemon sighted there, ghost stories, floor plans anything got it?
    that sounds really borrrring
    and when you are done I'll enter the password so you can play angry pidgies
    suddenly the rocketdex speaker goes "YAY!!" and the screen is now filled with words "angry pidgey" and smiley faces over and over.

brent puts the rocketdex away and after donning civvies and strapping on his home made exo-mech arm enters the pokemart and picks up 4 basicballs, 1 greatball, 2 paralyze heals, 2 awakenings, and a revive

as he places his selection on the counter he says to the cashier "hey what can you tell me about that old manor near town?"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-10 at 07:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

"Game on." Rasa instantly changed moods once the battle started. This Ditto had made the unfortunate mistake of making Rasa take it seriously. Its transformation into a bird makes Rasa salivate a bit. He had a nasty surprise in store once he got close. But then it flew way up into the air, and Rasa realized he was in trouble. None of his attacks could reach that far. Hopefully it would come down to attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, are a devious son of a Jinx.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-09 at 02:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"Game on." Rasa instantly changed moods once the battle started. This Ditto had made the unfortunate mistake of making Rasa take it seriously. Its transformation into a bird makes Rasa salivate a bit. He had a nasty surprise in store once he got close. But for now, Rasa would settle for using his more general trump card.

Rasa steps a few paces forward, and launches a blast of draconic fury at the bird-form of his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rasa walks 3 paces forward to F9 and uses Dragon Rage.
    AC 2, [roll0]. If hit, flat 40 damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remember: He shifted up 10. Pythagarus says the distance you tried to attack is 12; 4 more than you can. I'll let you redo your action and not waste an attack.

Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops! This battle's going to turn out poorly for Rasa hahaha alrighty he'll just move under you and look up longingly.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-09 at 02:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

A smirk crossed Jackson's face as he adjusted his shades, "Sounds lame, but each contest is one step closer to fame. Might as well spice up that local dump with some real talent."

Jackson turns, "I'll see you after I win." He said before turning and walking out to head out toward the town.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Clay chirps out a laugh.

"Aerial superiority! How's the weather down there?" he says, shifting above the Deino and letting loose a burst of wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Gust!
    Flying, Special
    AC: 2+2 (Evasion) = 4 (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[21]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[10]

Rasa lets loose a burst of draconian fury, dazing the bird but not even getting close to dropping.

"Have to do better than that!" the bird says, letting loose wave after wave at the Deino, cackling as the creature can't strike him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Gust!
    Flying, Special
    AC: 2+2 (Evasion) = 4 (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[29]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]

Use Gust!
    Flying, Special
    AC: 2+2 (Evasion) = 4 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[20]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[14]

Use Gust!
    Flying, Special
    AC: 2+2 (Evasion) = 4 (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[25]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]

Clay holds back before unleashing the fourth Gust, watching the Deino go down. Maybe that wasn't the best form to steal... He alights down on the ground next to the body.

Spoiler
    Show
    XPs?
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-09 at 02:35 PM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler
    Show
    We sorted out the details together on google docs, by the way. Arcran isn't taking Rasa's ineptitude for granted...we mutually arrived there

Upon realizing what the Ditto's plan was, Rasa mutters, "Oh you cheeky little..." Gust after gust rained down on him, and Rasa was unable to respond in any way. But a fight was a fight, and he had agreed to it. Eventually, the pain proved too much and he fell down, unconscious.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"Ha! Suck my psuedo- oh, you're unconscious," the Ditto grumbles, alighting on the ground. "Suppose I have to take you to the Center now," the Pidgeotto mutters, picking up the Deino and starting to fly slowly to the Center. On the flight he looks out for any potentiall useful Pokemon forms: specifically strong Dark types, Electric Types, or Butterfree. He'd turned into one of those before he was made better. Loads of fun.

Upon reaching the Center, Clay looks around, hoping to see a Chansey.

"Well, we're here," he says, getting in line. "You do know you're paying me back for this, right?" he says to the unconscious body.

Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Rasa continues to be unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Post of the century right there.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Ditto and Deino

After being patched up and recuperated (both of the Pokemon ppls), you are allowed to continue with your mission. You both spot Brent in the store next door chatting it up with the shopkeeper. [in the center Pokemon you saw other then you two were Chansey and Audino. And a fish tank full of Luvdisc.]

Brent
    The shopkeeper thinks for a moment trying to be sure. "Oh you're heading to Ghostholm huh. Yeah that place lies west of her, just take the south exit and take the road forking west. It's pretty easy to spot since there is almost nothing else around it."

Jackson
    (I assume town you mean is the contest laden one,alright then travel roll time)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100-20)[10]
    (1d100-20)[53]

While walking along the road you spot a glint from the nearby grass. it looks like small sparks flying back and forth two points. On closer inspection you see it is two Pokemon apparently play sparring together. They fire small non damaging sparks from their two plug like appendages on their heads while they push each other.

Melody and Hope
    The helicopter ride ensured that you would only arrive at the temple without and problems, such as a random pokemon attack. Now standing in front of the old ruins you feel as if something is watching you (and it's not just the Porygon in your dex). The doors are already open form the previous teams exploration, inviting you to make your own trek through the halls.

EDIT: I knew I forgot something, Ditto gained 600 xp form beating Deino
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2012-08-11 at 07:52 AM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Sigma leaps out of the dex and "stretches" before looking around his environment. Hm, if there were Chimecho here, best prepare as best you can. Sigma gives a faint hum for a second, and becomes paler and more translucent for a moment, before returning mostly to normal. That should help prevent any Uproar problems for him. "Lady and tramp, if you are both ready, we may begin. I suggest bringing out one mon out now for protection."

(Sigma uses Conversion 2 to become Ghost Type, thanks to Shadow Ball)
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. Wukong, keep an eye out. The fire monkey stood on Melody's shoulder and looked somewhat vigilant. I hope you have decent pokemon, princess. She commented as she made her way towards the entrance, pausing at the door give a quick look around.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15] perception check
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

brent hands him the ^2400 for the supplies scoops them into his bag and pauses to look at his reflection in the glass door before leaving

he's sees a kid who looks like he couldn't choose between dressing up as a tinkering nerd, or clepto-thug "sigh what am I doing with my life" MENTAL FACE PALM! focus on the mission now and self loath later! and stop saying stuff out loud! he thinks to himself

as he steps out he notices sees the 2 talking pokemon from earlier and shouts "HEY! I'm headed to the manor now if you want to hit it at the same time."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody's Perception vs ????
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gazing ahead you spot a sleek blackish purple form, it swats at a bush nearby grasping a berry off it. It's large ears are pulled back and it seems to have not noticed your group yet.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2012-08-11 at 10:12 AM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody takes out her rocketdex and scans the unknown form before her.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

as he waits for the Deino to respond he pulls out his rocket dex and types
    ok Hax what do you have you found on the manor?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

(Dex info is in OOC for Melody's scan)

Brent
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have found a nice realty site that wishes to sell the property at far below market value. Other then that I have also found a list of incidents and accidents that have come from that area. Multiple cases include falling, breaking of bones, and severe burns.

24. - Top - End - #54

Regaining consciousness, the first thing Rasa does is tell Clay, "Next time we fight, it's going to be somewhere with a ceiling."

The two of them walk over the Brent. "Sure, let's go for it," Rasa says. This boy had something interesting about him. "You ready for some ghosts?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

check the realty site for a map or floor plan also look up the agents that went missing or ran in the rocket data base
    but you saaaiiiid...
    just have one more and then you can play to your hearts content after we leave town and lose wifi
    fine/pouting
    looks up and realises the pokemon answered him "oh uh..." composes himself "I think there may actually be more than ghosts some info I found on the place showed a history of burn injuries. is that normal for ghost types?"

"any ways the shopkeeper said we can get there if we head out the south gate and then turn west at the fork and that apparently we can't miss it" starts walking in that direction

Spoiler
    Show
    note: before we leave the gate i'm going check with Hax again and then turn on angry pidgey for him

26. - Top - End - #56

Rasa reacts to the news of burn injuries with what passes for a shrug. "I don't mind fire."

"Sounds good. After you, Human.
    " Rasa and Clay follow Brent. "So what's with your pokedex?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Kind of just taking Arc's character along since he's gone, hope that's alright.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

(Acting for Arc)
    "Hey, you know what I can do. Should have set some standards for the battle, savez? Hm, what to call that favor in as..." Clay slides around the group, taking the form of Brent. "Scrawnier than I'd like..."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-11 at 01:19 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

HZ514
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figured Arc would be following so it's not a problem

Brent
    Spoiler
    Show
    A few angry sounding beeps are heard but after that a email with three attachments arrives. the manor itself is 2 floors high and a basement. Attic of course but apparently the way up there was bricked up. Of the realtors that have gone missing two are in hospitals while one quit soon after showing the home.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    (Acting for Arc)
    "Hey, you know what I can do. Should have set some standards. Hm, what to call that favor in as..."
    Rasa chuckles. "Well this should be fun, owing you a favor. But since we're on the same side now, what other Pokemon can you shift into?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hope hops off the helicopter and stretches for a few seconds and looks around. Decent pokemon? Well i think there decent, and cute!! Hope smiles as she releases one of her mons. Come on out Esmaralda.. Hope realeases her ralts. Ok Esmaralda this is where our next mission is.
    Hope spots the Purrloin as Melody's rocketdex pops its info up. KITTY!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show