New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

Auantiver Labyrinth

"Unlike some practitioners of the arcane," Ayorra tells Andwer calmly, "Rashemi do not believe that magic is the solution to every problem. Rest assured that your particular expertise is much appreciated."

The Hathran leans in and examines the objects from the chest. "I...am not sure," she answers Sydil. "It is possible that the diamond and scroll are needed on the other side of the portal that the key and lock will open, or that the scroll will contain a riddle to be deciphered, or that only the one holding the diamond may unlock the lock safely, or any number of other options. It is even possible that the diamond is that which we seek, but I am not optimistic.

"I suggest we examine the scroll first, just in case--keeping in mind that there may be a glyph trap on it used to fuel the energy transformation field. I will do the honors,"
    she says, carefully retrieving the scroll case. She takes a few steps away from the others to keep them safe if the scroll is trapped, then carefully unscrews the cap and tilts the opening down and away from her to let the scroll and any potentially dangerous contents fall to the ground without touching them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming nothing terrible happens, Ayorra will carefully pick up the scroll and read it. Let's hope no one prepared explosive runes whatever morning they put the scroll here.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Tyriel frowns in confusion. "Of course you couldn't reach her with a sending, nor could I since I have yet to meet her in person. Dane, however, has both met and conversed with her, albeit briefly. All we need do is secure him a scroll containing the spell. I'm sure they sell such things at Mystra's temple, if not throughout the markets of Myth Drannor."
    Last edited by Heavensfury; 2013-08-20 at 09:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Dane frowns. "If possible I'd rather not damage the communication network, the feedback could potentially hurt not just us but our patron and that would be a poor move. Attempting a Sending might bear fruit but if it fails... With all due respect when the only other option potentially involves hurting many people I might think asking ones goddess for assistance is the better path."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Auantiver Labyrinth - 10x10 Room

The cap opens easy and single scrap of parchment floats to the floor face up. All four of you can read the elegant script written on it. The diamond is Arfaern Greenvine's selu-kiira. Please look up so the scrying sensor can get a good view of your face.

Sydil's eyes widen and she halts herself mid-cast. "Damn that field." She says and holds the mirror lower so she can look into while keeping her head down. "The portal key is the lock. It needs to be relocked with that key." She says.

Andwer growls and keeps his head lowered. "Who is Arfaern Greenvine and who left that message?"

Sydil and Ayorra hear the Coronals voice behind their ears. << Ambassador, Ar'faren. Kerynsuoress Everson and Ar'faern Ardentwings are inquiring as to your status and are requesting permission to scry upon you. >>

Spoiler
    Show
    A DC 20 Intelligence check will allow someone to notice an invisible scrying sensor. Ad-Hoc -2 penalty if you're keeping your head down (hard to look up).

Andwer (1d20+2)[5]
    Sydil (1d20+3)[4]
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-09-09 at 09:34 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Dane looks thoughtful for a moment. "Speaking of the network... Let us try something first." The paladin reaches up and taps the acorn that rests just below his helmet. "Pray pardon the intrusion be we seem to be unable to contact Ayorra and Sydil. Might you beable to reach them?"

(OOC: Gotta get this moving somehow )

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Tyriel is pleasantly surprised by Dane's bold initiative, and quickly follows his example. "<Thank you m'lady. Given the unsettling events of the day, we were hoping to establish contact with those agents who are still abroad, both to check on their progress and see if they require aid. We need to make them aware of our intentions to scry upon them so that their defenses won't make doing so impossible.>"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Auantiver Labyrinth

Ayorra glances up, her eyes scanning for the telltale shimmer of a scrying sensor. She isn't afraid of her face being seen, as no one has seen her without her mask outside of Rashemen (and even there, there aren't many who have) and she changes masks frequently enough for different occasions to make a scrying link less dangerous.

Still searching for the sensor, she replies softly to the message: <We are in Auantiver Labyrinth and have retrieved what we came here to find. We are currently in a magic-suppressing room with someone we have met in the labyrinth, trying to find a way out, and hope to return to your location shortly. They have our permission to scry on us, and to assist in a rapid exit from the labyrinth if possible.>

Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence check: (1d20+8)[19]

Show

I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?

8. - Top - End - #308

Auantiver Labyrinth - 10x10 Room

The stone walls and ceiling of the room offer up no secrets nor scrying eyes to Ayorra. "Bah!" Andwer says and thrusts his head up, standing tall. "Vorq aglob acht dout hexlith." He says with a scowl.

Sydil takes a slight step away from Andwer and flicks her eyes at Ayorra. "See anything?" She asks. "If the scroll is true...which the diamond seems to indicate...then I see no reason to stay here longer." She says and picks up the key and inserts it into the lock. Immediately a portal appears on the wall behind her showing a large dining room with a longtable in the middle. Fourteen empty chairs surround the table and plates of steaming food are heaped across it along with gold and silver chalices.

Andwer frowns. "Will your magics return once we leave this room?" He asks.

"Well, they technically haven't gone any-" Sydil says but stops herself. "Not important. Yes, we should be able cast without impediment if there is no similar trap."

"Only one way to find out." Andwer says and steps through the portal in one stride. The portal remains open as Sydil keeps the key in the lock while Andwer whispers a prayer in draconic. A moment later one of the chairs is pulled back as if by unseen hands. Andwer nods and turns back. "It seems safe." He says

Sydil shrugs and looks to Ayorra while holding up the lock and key. "After you. Then I can take use all out of here to...well." << Coronal, where are our companions? We have circumnavigated the spell trap and are ready to travel. >>

Kerradunath District - Glyrryrl's Pool

Dane, Aria and Mithranix hear the Coronal's reply. << They are within the Labryinth Auantiver with the selu-kirra at hand and have given their consent. They wish to leave but are not able to currently travel through the Weave. >>

A gust of wind picks up and scatters your reflections in the water like leaves. A moment later you hear the Coronals voice again. << They are now able to leave; are you able to receive them at your current location? >>

Spoiler
    Show
    [Draconic]Look well upon your doom.

A bit of time compression. Once the party gives their location to the Coronal and Ayorra moves through the portal and consents to travel we'll be all caught up.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-09-20 at 09:10 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Tyriel smooths the surprise from his face, accepting the timely good fortune for what it is. He considers directing their incoming companions to the warded basement of the Treant's Treat, but quickly decides the location is too obscure for a safe teleport. "Please inform them we await their arrival at Glyrryrl's Pool."

Settling for a lesser form of obfuscation, Tyriel casts a mist about the area. As the spell takes effect he mentally grabs hold of the Weave energy and alters its parameters to fulfill his desires. He transforms the normal bank of fog instead into a hollow sphere, then waits watchfully for their arrival.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using mastery of shaping to turn an Obscuring Mist into a visual barrier for anyone outside of it. Hoping this will make any mundane/magical watchers to come closer or be left in the dark.

Paranoid? I'm not paranoid!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Auantiver Labyrinth

Ayorra nods politely to Sydil, steps through the portal, and motions for the elf to step through as well. "Andwer," she addresses the dragon, "we are about to exit the labyrinth and join some companions of ours. Should you accompany us I can assure that you will be in no danger, but if you wish we can transport you somewhere else first before meeting them."

Show

<Snip>

11. - Top - End - #311

Auantiver Labyrinth - Dinner Party

The Coronal responds. << They await your pleasure at Glyrryrl's Pool. Congratulations on finding what you seek. I look forward to hearing the result of your investigations with it. >>

Sydil steps through after you and raises an eyebrow at Andwer. "Somewhere else is likely better than here." He says and straps his sword onto his back. He takes another moment and slicks back his hair and brushes off some imaginary dust from his clothes. "First impressions are important." He says with a smile.

Sydil reaches out with her hands and touches both of you on your shoulders. "Glyrryrl's Pool." She says and the dinner room swirls away accompanied with a momentary lurch of the stomach and the next moment each of you stands on a strong limb at the top of the familiar tree, swirling mist surrounding you and blocking the view of the city below.

The mists rise from the pool and expand around the tree top, then moments later Ayorra, Sydil, and a young man dressed in flamboyant clothes with vibrant colors appear among the limbs of the tree. A hand a half sword is strapped to his back and his eyes are as blue as a clear sky. "Well met." He says in lightly accented common. "I am Andwer, recently acquainted of these lovely ladies to whom I owe much. To whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?" He says as his eyes scan the four of you gathered there. He looks at the fog bank around the tree and shrugs, then sniffs the air and glances sideways at Aria for a brief moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sydil cast Greater Teleport.

Knowledge Local (Sword Coast or any adjacent region) DC 15 or any other Knowledge Local DC 25: This particular accent of the Trade tongue is native to the city of Neverwinter on the Sword Coast.

Yay, everyone's back together!
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-09-26 at 02:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"<Greetings Ambassador, Lady Sydil, and congratulations on the successful completion of your mission>", Tyriel says formally in elvish before turning to face the other new arrival. "Well met Andwer, I am pleased to hear that our companions were able to be of some assistance to you. My name is Tyriel Eldanon, please allow me to introduce my friends Dane and Aria, and a recent acquaintance of ours, Lady Delphine." He hesitates for a second, giving the other new arrivals a questioning gaze, before continuing. "I apologize for the poor view," he gestures to the surrounding mists, "but we have been experiencing some...trouble quite recently. In any case, welcome my friend, welcome to Myth Drannor."

13. - Top - End - #313

Andwer pays careful attention to the names that Tyriel says and stares a moment at each person as they are introduced as if he were memorizing their face for later. "Ambassador?" He says and raises an eyebrow at Ayorra. "With your skill in the Art it does not surprise me, Wychlaran." He says in Rashemi to the Witch.

"Thank you for the introductions." He says to Tyriel in elven. "I have often desired to visit and see the fabled Myth Drannor, though I understand it is Myth in name only, yes? One of those desires has been fulfilled and while this fog bank is quite refreshing after my previous location I would like to eventually fulfill the second."

He bends down next to the pool and breathes in deep. "Ah..." He says with a smile. "Such a lovely pool. But you mentioned troubles." He says and leans back on a thick tree limb. "Care to talk of them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quick bit of lore: When a city has a Mythal the name of the city is changed to Myth <Other Name>.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-09-30 at 06:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Ayorra inclines her head to Lady Delphine, the respectful nod of a Wychlaran to a female of importance whose social standing relative to herself is currently unknown. "Well met, Lady. I regret that circumstances do not allow for proper introductions and civilities; that will need to be rectified at a later time. For now, I too would like to hear of these troubles that have been encountered...but I believe it would be prudent to first meet with the Coronal and return that which we retrieved. Best to ensure one difficulty is resolved completely before attempting to face another."

Show

<Snip>

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Agreed." Tyriel considers Andwer and Delphine for a moment, tapping into the spark of power that is his legacy, attempting to examine the quality of their spirits. It seemed only prudent before bringing strangers before one's Coronal, after all.

He begins to reach for his sigil before pausing, considering the breadth of arcane and esoteric knowledge assembled here within their little group. "Forgive me, ladies, but I was not present when you were assigned this mission. Would it not be prudent to first enact our own investigations of what you've uncovered before turning over the findings to the Coronal? Using such devices is dangerous when they were never meant to be used by others."

Spoiler
    Show
    "Examine quality of their spirits" = detect evil

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Dane inclines his head to Andwer as he is introduced, though glances at Tyriel. "I believe the Coronal would be one of the best to identify whether what they found is the correct selu-kirra. No?"

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"I do not think so Dane. Coronal Ilsevele is a wise ruler and formidable warrior, but she is no archmage or lorekeeper. In all likelihood she would turn over its investigation to others more learned than herself, people like ourselves. Surely among us we have the mystical resources to divine what we can from the selu-kiira, and the courage to, if necessary, attempt to wear the high lore-gem to access its secrets."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

"I believe we would," Ayorra agrees after a moment of thought. Even with her many years of diplomatic experience, the Hathran still sometimes forgot that rulers like the Coronal were not necessarily skilled spellcasters or even spellcasters at all, accustomed as she was to Rashemen society where a female ruler would be one of the most powerful spellcasters in her domain.

"While it is certainly imperative that we move to a safer location at the first opportunity, Tyriel is correct that we do not need to report to the Coronel before beginning our investigations; indeed, she may welcome the respite from reports. I suggest that we relocate this discussion and then share information on each others' efforts in between tests and divinations. As well, no offense meant to Andwer or Lady Delphine, but we will need to either ascertain their trustworthiness before including them in our discussions or find alternate accommodations for them while we are elsewhere."

Show

<Snip>

19. - Top - End - #319

"I'd recommend Windsong Tower as a quiet place to examine the selu'kiira but I'm afraid not everyone would be allowed inside. There is a library though, in Dlabraddath, called Uvaeren's Legacy. The Uvaeren was one of the precurors to modern Cormanthyr and the elves were renowned lorekeepers. In fact, there's strong belief that the Uvaerenni enchanters were the one who first created the tel'kiira." Sydil says.

"The unique archival methods used in the Library helped to safeguard the lore within when Myth Drannor fell. Unfortunately those same protections mean it's hard to find a specific piece of information, but that seems like a good place to take the selu'kiira."

Aria looks at Sydil for a moment and then looks away into the mists. "Dlabraddath. Dane...they don't know."

Sydil frowns while Andwer tenses, his hand twitches as he almost reaches for his hand and a half sword strapped to his back. "Don't know what, exactly?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Uvaeren's Legacy really is a strange library. There's books but the majority of the information is stored in statues that can be talked to, spirits of knowledge that can possess people, certain audio, visual, and olfactory things will trigger knowledge (smelling a bottled scent of grass, or watching light play in a certain way, for example).

The most powerful aspect is a room of living crystal that stores memories which can be accessed which may or may not drive the user mad.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Dane stiffens, then reaches up to rub a hand against his face. "Gah... Right they left before it happened." He stares off into the mists. "The Dlabraddath district, which the library also happens to be in though I don't know its condition, was hit with a massive earthquake. Magical in origin as it was to precise to be otherwise..."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Yes, an earthquake spell devastated the Dlabraddath while leaving the rest of Myth Drannor untouched. Many buildings were damaged, most notably the mage academy Six Tryl Towers was utterly destroyed. Shortly after the quake a man utilizing bardic magic was found trying to incite a riot against the Coronal. We diffused the situation and broke his spell, but unfortunately he escaped." Tyriel saves the rest of the details of their adventure for after the trustworthiness of these new companions were tested.

22. - Top - End - #322

Andwer furrows his brow but relaxes. "That's unusual but not unexpected." He glances around and holds his hand up. "What I mean is, without the protection of the Mythal the city is exposed like any other. Myth Drannor seems to have more than it's fair share of enemies, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later."

"Terrible tragedy, of course." He adds a moment later. "Who do you suspect?"

Sydil doesn't gasp or shout at the news, instead she seems to become calmer though her eyes betray her demeanor. "I presume....no. As the Coronal did not inform us of this I presume that you all have been dealing with the situation." She looks at Lady Delphine then back to Tyriel. "Is Lady Delphine aiding in your investigation of the earthquake?"

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"As you say, Andwer, Myth Drannor has no shortage of enemies, enemies clever enough to use magic to obfuscate their every move from magical divinations. The most popular theory at this point and time is that some internal faction is doing all this to undermine the Coronal in an attempt to return Cormanthor to the elf-exclusive kingdom it was long ago. I worry an external power has arranged these catastrophes to shake our unity, but there is no real evidence to support that conjecture. Truly we would all be safer if the Mythal could be restored to its former glory."

Tyriel turns to Sydil. "We have been doing the best we can to control the aftermath of the earthquake, but I fear more than a few of Cormanthor's citizens will be leaving our kingdom after this day. Though we were not able to locate the spell's caster, we have discovered that the spell came to us inter-dimensionally, a disturbance in the Weave revealing where it crossed the planes."

"As for Lady Delphine," He bows to the diminutive priestess, "she found us. Her deity has sent her a divine missive, and in accordance with that she seeks to cure that which afflicts Sehanine's clergy. After informing her that what you sought could hold the answers to her questions as well as ours, she agreed to use her formidable divinatory powers to help us find and contact you, though ultimately is seems that was unnecessary."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Behind her mask, Ayorra's face contorts into a scowl of deep anger. Facing an enemy honorably on the battlefield is one thing, infiltrating and sabotaging an enemy settlement from within is another, but attacking a peaceful place of learning and attempting to trigger an insurrection among your own people? That violates practically every facet of Rashemi honor. If she manages to get her hands on whomever was responsible for the attack and attempt at inciting a riot and gets to spend some time alone with him or her, she might just have to test the bounds of her diplomatic immunity....

No emotion shows in her voice, though, when she responds: "The Lady's formidable divinatory powers might be useful in other ways, however. Since you consider her trustworthy, as we believe Andwer to be trustworthy, then both of their aid would be most helpful in resolving this problem. If the Library and Towers are unavailable, I offer my diplomatic quarters for temporary use; they are spacious, quiet, and secluded from any prying eyes and ears that might not be as loyal to the Coronal as we might wish, so they should be a physically, magically, and politically safe place to conduct our investigations."

Show

<Snip>

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"I do not know how Uvaeren's Legacy fared in the earthquake, but regardless I fear it would be too public a setting to conduct an investigation on which we are pinning so much hope. Performing our research within the Ambassador's domain would give us great leeway in both the investigatory methods we utilize and the steps we may choose to employ in safeguarding the loregem." Tyriel offers the Rashemi woman a respectful nod, appreciating her generous and shrewd offer.

"If that is acceptable to everyone, I think we should get moving swiftly. It will not take long for any interested parties to circumvent this fog." He turns to Delphine and Andwer. "Lady Delphine, I know you are determined to follow the will of your goddess, and Andwer may feel he owes a debt to these ladies, but remaining with us may bring you into danger. I would be remiss if I did not offer you a chance to go your own way before things get...messy. We would welcome your aid, but if you choose otherwise know there is no shame in it and we would wish you nothing but goodwill."
    Last edited by Heavensfury; 2013-10-15 at 08:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326

"The Starsingers are struck ill? How long has this been going on?" Andwer asks with a furrowed brow.

"Since the nightmares started." Lady Delphine says while looking into the pool. She glances up at Tyriel. "Look, not to be rude, but I don't think staring into a gem, beautiful though it may be will help the priestesses. I'd really like to get to the temple." She says. "Maybe someone there can help with your gem."

"I've got no pressing engagements at the moment." Andwer says and stretches his arms. "I'd really like to get a look at the city too. It's still an open city, right?" Andwer asks.

Sydil glances at Ayorra before turning to Andwer. "Yes...you're welcome in Myth Drannor. Uh, why don't I accompany you both? The priestesses will likely be more forthcoming with someone they at least recognize." Sydil says and Ayorra recognizes the there's no way I'm letting these two out of my sight to barge into the temple tone in her voice.

She turns to Ayorra, Tyriel, Dane and Aria. "We're still meeting Mithranix for evening dinner, right? I'll meet up with you all then." She hesitates for a moment and then lightly clasps Ayorra's arm. "Be safe."

"Excellent." Delphine says and hops up from her limb. Sydil motions for Delphine and Andwer to hold her hand. Andwer bows to Ayorra before doing so. "Again, Wychlaran, you have my thanks and my debt." He says in Rashemi.

Without another word the three disappear from the limbs of the tree.

Spoiler
    Show
    Teleport.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

"Be well," Ayorra responds to Sydil, and nods in thanks to Andwer. Once those three have departed, she gathers everyone around her and directs them to clasp hands, then whisks them away with a short prayer to Mystra.

They reappear again inside the large and well-decorated entrance hall of the House Llundlar estate, surprising one of the staff who is passing through. "Good day, Aramel," she greets the servant; as a diplomat, Ayorra always goes out of her way to get to know the minor functionaries around her as it tends to make things go more smoothly. "My apologies for the sudden entrance, but my guests and I believe that we are being watched. When you have a moment, could you please inform the kitchens that I have returned with several guests, and I would appreciate it if they could have some refreshments sent to my quarters?"

That taken care of, Ayorra leads everyone out to her quarters via the most discreet route, pointing out tapestries and other decorations of historical interest on the way. Once they are inside, she invites everyone to pull up their furniture of choice and make themselves comfortable. "Now then," she says, placing the kiira on the table between them all, "would anyone like to make any sort of examination of the kiira before I begin my divinations?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ayorra will use one of her two daily spontaneous teleports from her belt of the wide earth to get everyone inside the estate.

I'm assuming Ayorra would cover her quarters and the path between her quarters and the main estate with a screen every morning, so between that, her greater anticipate teleportation, and whatever wards the Llundlars have, they should be fairly safe from interruption.

Show

<Snip>

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Tyriel takes a moment to dismiss the surrounding mists before clasping hands with the others and teleporting away. Recognizing their destination, he smiles fondly. House Llundlar, living proof that not all Golds are stuffy busybodies with more useless pride than common sense, he think to himself.

Arriving at the Ambassador's quarters, Tyriel politely declines to sit. Unsurprisingly the Llundlar's did not have seats designed for winged individuals, and trying to use what furniture they had would only make him uncomfortable and look awkward. "Please begin, ambassador. I detected no evil taint on the selu'kirra while we were at the pool."

29. - Top - End - #329

House Llundar, Sheshyrinnam District

Aramel recovers quickly, not even giving Tyriels wings a second glance. "Of course, Madam Ambassador." She says and bows. The art of House Llundlar emphasizes the natural beauty of the forest with permanent illusions on the walls showing woodland vistas. Less magical tapestries show portraits of the members of House Llundlar and the genealogy of the House is plan to see. The oldest portraits are all of Gold elves dressed in archaic fashion but soon after the founders of the House are many portraits of humans and half-elfs, so much that the later half of the portraits are dominated by them more so than Gold elves. A golden bough is tied to the wall beneath the portraits of deceased family members and it tells a sad tale that most of the portraits are adorned with them.

The House Patriarch Kerym is the sole portrait among his generation that doesn't have a golden bough beneath it; all five of his brothers died in their service as armathor, though the deaths were politically motivated rather than battlefield casualties. Kerym's Gold elf father Shyrrik and his human mother Scolyna both have boughs, as well as Shyrrik's previous wife Cathra, a priestess of Corelleon. The House Archmage Glynnii is the oldest member of the House and the last pure Gold elf remaining; the other portraits are all of human and half-elf siblings and cousins of the current generation.

A floating disk carrying tea service and warm biscuits floats through an open window a few moments after everyone settles in. The disk lands on the tea table nearby, steam rising from the tea pot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Almost all of the wards on the Llundlar estate are the creation of the Clan Archmage Glynnii Llundlar. The Sun elf holds the title by right of Art as well as seniority within the Clan and is one of the few openly known High Mages in Myth Drannor.

Ayorra
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wards that Ayorra knows about:

• Dimensional Lock over the estate except for a few key places (main foyer being one of them).
    • Fire Traps on secure rooms and vaults.
    • Spells like Fire Trap that deal energy damage have been modified: [Energy Admixture: Lightning, Nonlethal Substitution, Blistering Spell, Born of the Three Thunders, City Magic, Consecrate Spell, Sanctum Spell, Transdimensional Spell]
    • Mage's Private Sanctum
    • Hallow (Magic Circle vs Evil with Silence for Evil creatures)
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-10-26 at 10:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Ayorra pours herself a cup of tea once the service lands and takes a long sip; fortunately, her mask is constructed in such a way as to let her eat and drink without showing her face if she is careful about it. She sets her cup down and looks around to see if anyone else would prefer to start; no one having offered to do so, she nods decisively. "Very well. Please enjoy our host's refreshments while I examine the selu-kiira; this could take some time."

She makes herself comfortable, places her hands palm-up on the table on either side of the kiira, and begins softly singing prayers to Mystra.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ayorra is going to do the following:

• Cast omen of peril, protection from evil, and battlemagic perception in case there are any traps or wards on the kiira.
    • Cast analyze dweomer and lore of the gods and take a close look at the kiira, in case there's anything she can pick up about the it now that it's in her possession that she didn't know before.
      • Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+31)[40]
      • Knowledge (History): (1d20+31)[47]
    • Cast legend lore on the kiira to see what she can learn from that.

Show

<Snip>