Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 382
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Dane and Aria exchange a significant glance as they begin to hear the commotion. Dane's hand drifts up to where he'd pinned the brooch upon the inside of his collar but instead clenches his fist just short of it. A whispered word and suddenly the paladin is adorned in silvery armor, Corellon Larethian's moon adorning the accompanying shield and helm. Reaching out he tests the door handle while drawing his sword with the other. "Any thoughts?" He mumbles to Mithranix.
    Avatar by RPGsr4me

    Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Avatar by Savannah

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Ayorra follows Sydil through the air, alighting gracefully next to the elf. "A methodical search would be the best option, beginning with the kiira's location and branching out from there," the Hathran says briskly, in a tone of one used to command. "I doubt direct divinations will be very successful given the plentiful wards against them, but it is always preferable to attempt the simple solutions first in case our enemy has left holes in his defenses. Should those prove unsuccessful, more abstract divinations including probing the kiira's history and petitioning the gods should follow, and lastly searching for references to it via mundane or magical means."

    She takes a seat and makes herself comfortable. "I am not familiar with your magical capabilities, so we will need to take a moment to determine how best to divide our efforts. I study both the arcane and the divine aspects of magic, though my arcane studies are focused much more on wards and combat enhancements; if you possess any arcane divination or summoning capability, you should make use of those first. As for my divine studies, I can call upon all of Mystra's gifts, and She grants no shortage of divinations. What are your particular magical strengths?"
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    The view from the top of the tree would be reason alone to visit it, as sitting in the branches allows an unobstructed panorama of Myth Drannor. From high above the somber mood of the city is even more evident; across the city people are traveling in pairs and quickly, not stopping for leisure or strolling the avenues. The light rain from last evening refreshed the pool and the smell of fresh rainwater is soothing.

    Sydil and Ayorra can both feel a power within the pool, their trained senses recognizing the presence of latent magical energy. The three foot deep pool is clear and the water calm despite the strong breezes that come through the tree. The pool reflects the trees and branches around you and the cloudy sky above, but even though the water is still the reflected images waver.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    "I study both halves of magic myself." Sydil explains with a small smile as she settles among the branches of the tree, taking a seat next to the pool. "Though I'm not really devoted to a god in the same way as a cleric would be. I've had to gain my power through study and research, whether it was arcane or divine. A great deal of my studies have been turned towards spells that could be useful in the restoration of our lands and Cormanthyr in general, but I've also enough offensive magic to have aided the army when they've needed magical assistance.
    "But um, in truth, research is what I feel most comfortable with. I do have quite a few divinations available to me to assist with that, especially among my repertoire of arcane magic. I've a certain affinity with it, I guess- study and research are laced through all my magic, and so all of them can be refined back to their roots. I've never actually had to prepare divinations because of that."


    "I do have a few spells that will simply reveal the kiira's location if they succeed. I suppose I can start there." Sydil suggests, taking a breath before she begins working her magic.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray for Spontaneous Divination!

    Edit: Oh right, can't use Discernt Location. Darn. In that case, Sydil will sacrifice Energy Immunity to try out a Greater Scrying, and that'll only take an action. DC is 26.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-09-11 at 10:06 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    The image of the reflected branches and leaves still for a moment as the pool appears to be settling itself. The water ripples and goes dark for a moment before the branches and sky reappear, showing the same as before. It's clear that wherever the mage is, the spell failed to find him.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Rolling neck and shoulders, Mithranix seems to come to the same conclusion as his two companions. He frowns abit, and thinks it best if he readies blade and body for a potentialy violent encounter. "It certainly sounds as if our merchant friend is involved in a less than friendly altercation with someone...or thing. Perhaps we should announce ourselves? Magic would be terribly useful at the moment...wouldn't it."

    Sighing the warrior draws his magical rapier and readies himself to...knock on the door...hand raised and knuckles poised he turns to his companions..."Shall we?"
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

    Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Dane sighs. "Well I suppose we'll have to do this the noisy way no?" He motions for Mithranix to stand to the side and takes his place. Taking up a two handed stance Dane pauses as if steadying himself before his sword flashes out, cleaving into the door. As soon as the door is open the paladin heads through with Aria close on his heels.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Popping Elder Mountain Hammer to break the door. I'm hoping to target around where the locks would be specifically so the door doesn't appear to be so obviously broken from the outside, and possibly be a little quieter. If I have to break the whole door so be it.

    Use Aura of Perfect Order to roll an auto 11 on my to hit roll for a total of 36.
    Damage (1d8+6)[7](6d6)[15]

    If when we're all through the door and there is no immediate response from the back rooms I'll use Make Whole on the door to repair it.
    Avatar by RPGsr4me

    Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Avatar by Savannah

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Dane's sword easy cuts through the door, slicing just left of the lock and leaving it still attached to the door frame. The splintering wood cracks loudly as the door is thrown open and a muffled shout of surprise can be heard from a back room. Someone yells out "Help!" in a high pitched voice and the three of you can hear the sounds of furniture being knocked over, but Dane has a closer problem at hand.

    As soon as the door opens something inside the room flashes silver and Dane feels a wave of energy surge over his body, encasing it in a yellow glow. He can feel the magic attempt to burrow deep into his body, trying to grab hold and do violence to his form but the protection of Corellon is strong and he shakes the spell off. It fades from him in a shower of yellow sparks that quickly shimmer to nothing.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-09-14 at 11:41 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Ayorra tsks in disapproval at Sydil's words, though her tone is more chiding than actually disapproving. "Mere study and research is not sufficient to encompass the wonder of the divine. You must feel the spirits, feel the Lady's presence, feel--well. Now is not the time for a philosophical debate. I would be happy to host you among the Wychlaren after this affair is handled; I'm sure we would have much to teach each other."

    The Hathran waits patiently as the elf casts her spell to no apparent effect, then nods once and rolls up her sleeves to prepare for her own spellcasting--a purely ceremonial gesture, as Ayorra's multi-layered clothing still entirely conceals her arms after she does so. "Mmm. Perhaps, if the kiira's possessor is warded, a less direct approach may bear fruit." She pulls four strips of ivory out of a hidden pouch and holds two in each hand as her hands move through the delicate motions of a spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ayorra will cast vision, asking after the kiira's location.

    Caster level check: (1d20+16)[33]
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    As before the image on the water sets motionless, except this time the leaves and branches fade away as the surface of the water becomes crystal clear. The wooden bottom of the pool can be seen for an instant before the water begins swirling in many circles, dozens of whirlpools swimming across the pool, each whirlpool spawning others as they collide into each other. While the whirlpools sink below the surface of the water another form rises up straight and rigid. You can see tiny crenelations along the top of what must be a fortified wall of some kind. Part of the wall falls away in the middle, mimicking the opening of a gate. The gate collapses and the water splashes back down into the bowl and miniature fighting men wage battle against a great scaled beast across the surface of the pool. The beast claims the lives of many of the men, but in the end it is slain and the figures lose their form, rejoining the pool.

    The whirlpools swarming beneath the pool continue to smash into each other for a few more moments, and then the pool calms with tiny ripples flowing across the surface. The water shines bright for a moment and then the branches and leaves can be seen reflected on the surface again.

    Ayorra
    Spoiler
    Show
    The behavior of the water reminds you of certain water spirits in Rashemi, though the rainwater pool is not an elemental as could be summoned and controlled. It's possible that it's another type of spirit that is animating the water, though more study and thought would be required to determine how and why.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Ayorra ruminates on the meaning of her vision, and reaches out with her mind to the spirits in the pool to see if they can shed some more light on it. They don't respond, of course--typical of the impolite local spirits in this area--but she has enough information to draw some conclusions. "The Sword Heralds' labyrinth under Battlegate," she says finally, voice dripping with distaste. "In Cormyr. As if searching extra dimensions for this kiira were not difficult enough, we may have to wade into the midst of a civil war to do so. Wonderful." She sighs and turns to Sydil. "If you possess any other divinations that may help us narrow our search, or to corroborate my vision, I would suggest you use them."
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Blade raised the elven warrior pushed into the shop, moving quickly towards the sounds of moving furniture and that yell for help. He would move his hand about trying to give hand signals to the next course of action, the force of the gestures making them almost order. His hands quickly told the human and his partner to try and flank around, as he pushed through the door, a surprise from behind would probably be the best way to crush their mutual foe. He waited for just a second or two before forcing his way deeper into the shop. Hopefully his allies had understood...if not, well a full frontal assault has always been able to break a shield wall...right?
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

    Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    "I could try contacting entities in the outer planes." Sydil suggests slowly. "But the answers I would receive would be very limited. They can give only the shortest answers, little more than a word, really. I'm not sure how I could narrow down the location with that. If you had some suggestions though, maybe we could use that spell?"

    She thinks on it, and then mentally peruses her list of magic for anything else she might use, but nothing else truly comes to her mind.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    The inside of the shop is dimly lit but Mithranix's keen eyes have no trouble seeing. The merchandise appears to be a mix between obvious religious relics from various divinities, small curios, and a smattering of jewelry behind glass cases. Weapons hang on one wall, swords and daggers mostly, and they look to be more ceremonial than functional, quite a few of them you recognize as being the weapons of the royal guards of Cormyr - the ones they wielded 300 years ago, that is. Sitting atop the glass jewelry case is a miniature dragon, a pseudodragon, and for a moment it seems to be alive but you quickly realize that it's dead and has been stuffed and preserved.

    Along the back wall is a door with light coming from underneath it. The only other exit is an opening that leads to a hallway, the doorway obscured by hanging beads. The door isn't fully closed and it pushes open easily, revealing a large work chamber of sorts. Small feathers are scattered on the floor and along one wall sits a large workbench with half a dozen shelves in the wall above it, each shelf holding pots, boxes, strange and not so strange tools. The room itself has a peculiar odor, something of a cross between embalming fluid and animal dung. There's a wire frame stand in the middle of the room and the coarse skin of an owlbear has been stretched over half of the frame. The rest of the skin is hanging loose and falling down into a pile on the floor. Next to the wire frame is a stool that's been knocked over and a mallet laying on the ground.

    As you enter you can hear some muffled noises coming from the only closet in the room.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Ayorra's masked face is impassive, but her tone implies a frown. "I am familiar with that sort of magic, and I know it can be dangerous to its user, but if you are willing to risk the contact that could prove useful. I am able to commune with Mystra in a similarly-limited but much safer fashion, as the sensation of being in Her presence is overwhelming to mortal minds but not harmful, and perhaps working together we can pare down the possibilities." She ponders silently for a moment, then suggests, "Asking whether Battlegate is indeed the correct location should be our first priority; it is possible that my vision showed us the past and the kiira has been moved elsewhere in the intervening years. Once that is established, we should ask after any creature that possesses the kiira, as an intelligent adversary would make finding it and defeating any wards around it much more difficult.

    "Once that is done, then we should attempt to hone in on its location. The answers to simple yes-or-no questions are the easiest to make out during the rapture of communion, so I believe I shall attempt to establish that Battlegate is the correct location, whether the kiira is currently in someone's possession, and similar, and then you can contact your sources for more detailed information based on those answers."
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    "It's a risk to the unprepared mind." Sydil acknowledges. "But I am focused and willing to make the attempt, and I don't think failure is likely under these circumstances."

    "If you know the spell though, you'll know that the answers are not always... um... accurate. I'll attempt to contact the highest powers I can to avoid that, but there is still a small chance that we'll get false information. So, if we can make your questions- which from what I know of your magic, don't suffer that risk- work to guarantee certain facts, then we should be able to work together somewhat better. That is, if we get a false answer from my side, properly worded questions on your side might reveal that falsehood."

    "Anyway, um, if you'd like to begin, I can get ready to cast my own magic."

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    As the trap triggers Dane pauses, allowing for Mithranix to push past the glowing paladin, though thankfully his faith is stronger than the magic. As it breaks Dane flicks off the last lingering sparks and steps inside, Aria quickly follows and closes the door as best she can given its damaged state. The duo quickly stalk across the room past the signalling elf, either not understanding the gestures or ignoring them. Within the tanning room Dane eyes the rattling door, given the previous trap, but with a sigh reaches out to open it. Sometimes one didn't have time to check for further traps though the same could apply to those that lay them.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about not posting, was time for my parents to move to the new house last week so I had to help them between homework and part time job.

    Anyway is the closet the only other door in the tanning room?
    Avatar by RPGsr4me

    Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Avatar by Savannah

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Dane opens the door and the light from the room shines into the small closet, illuminating a half-elf man struggling to stand amid a jumbled collection of brooms, mops, heavy towels hanging from racks and other cleaning supplies. He's brandishing a dagger in one hand while the other tries unsuccessfully to push the broomhandles away from his face so that he can properly threaten you with his blade. "Stay back! Take what you want and go! You haven't long, they'll be here soon!" His long hair is pulled back into a ponytail that's quickly coming undone and he's wearing a heavy leather apron over a shirt and simple pants.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The closet door is indeed the only other door in the room. By all accounts it's fair to assume that the half-elf in the closet is Aster Enoctor, the owner of the shop.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Mithanix moved quickly to stand behind and to the side of Dane. He was excited to see how this all played out. He felt almost like a child...anticipation was killing him.

    The human threw the door open and their stood the cowering half blood. A knife pointed at the two warriors. His lip curled in disgust, such a lack of martial ability...or any real power. "Calm yourself, look at us man. I wear the armor of the Eternal Guardians, my companion is clear a Dragon Knight. Calm yourself and tell us what has happened here."

    Mithranix would lower his blade as he spoke, ever so much, trying to appear as un-threatening as possible. His warrior spirit wouldn't allow him to completely lower his guard however. If neccessary he would strike the cowering man with the pommel of his blade, hoping to knock him unconcious if need be.
    Last edited by TheFallenSon; 2012-09-25 at 09:57 PM.
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

    Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    The waters of the pool ripples with wind as you both meditate, both seeking to speak with the Lady of Mysteries. For the devout the whispers of your prayer float on the breeze, carried away by the air and make a soft echo in her throne room, worlds and spaces away. What power is granted to the faithful may be attempted by the wise and Sydil instead feels her spirit leave her body. She watches the contrail of Ayorra's prayer - a light blue cloud that spirals in on itself - and follows it across time and through space.

    Sydil's spirit catches a glimpse of Mystra's throne room and is almost overwhelmed by the raw intensity of the magic within. Spells visible to her as bands of color twist and weave through it and comprise it, a prismatic kaleidoscope that shines with colors no mortal could comprehend. The vision lasts less than a moment before Sydil's sight is abruptly blackened. She hears a voice in the darkness speak. "You could not survive another look, little one. I know the answers you seek. Listen to the words of my servant."

    Sydil's vision slowly returns to her, patches of brightness at the edge that resolves into the leaves and branches of the tree. Her spirit is back in her body and Ayorra sits across from her, the Ambassadors eyes rolled into the back of her head. As Sydil asks her questions the surface of the pool quivers - as if it too were curious - and listens to Ayorra's clipped answers, spoken in a voice not her own.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "What is the first name of the current possessor of the kiira, if any?"

    Answer: None.

    "What is the greatest danger we will face in attempting to retrieve the kiira?" worded in such a way that the answer would be along the lines of 'fire' or 'illusions' or 'undead' or whatever, not just 'magic' or the like.

    Answer: Undead.

    If the answer to the previous question is a name, "Is the possessor currently in Battlegate?" otherwise "Is there any creature in Battlegate that knows about the kiira?"

    Answer: No

    "Is the kiira warded or protected in any way that would harm us?" worded in a way that says we don't care about traps that would send an alarm or the like, just ones that would actually interfere with our retrieving it.

    Answer: Yes

    "Are there any wards that would prevent or block magical means of getting in and out of Battlegate?"

    Answer: No

    Commune Questions: 3/16
    Contact Other Plane Questions: 2/8

    At this point Ayorra and Sydil can't discuss the answers, only ask more questions, per the limits on Commune.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-09-24 at 12:22 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Aster's eyes go wide and he stumbles, catching himself on the door frame. "What happened?" He shouts in near hysterics. "You broke into my shop, that's what happened!" His eyes track the movements of Mithranix's blade and he glances at the insignia on his armor. He sneers and quickly drops his dagger, the blade clattering to the floor as he holds his hands high above his hand. "I surrender! Don't hit me, I surrender!"

    He takes a half-step out of the closet, looking towards you to see if you'll cut him down first. He keeps his eyes darting about the room as if looking for something but quickly looks back at the three of you, hands still raised.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-09-25 at 10:52 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    His lip curled just ever so slightly. Years walking the straight and narrow had culled the sympathies his heart may have had for a man like this half-elf. A man who made his living by homesteading in the morality's grey area. Not a man of evil, but neither was he a beacon of the Elf Fathers light. In seconds he had judged this man and found him wanting. That judgement would flash across his face in his curling lip and bared teeth. His face returned to normal and his brain raced for a second.

    "We heard a scream for help and what sounded like a scuffle of some type. Honor demanded we find the cause and protect a life my brother. Now, some may call my next statement a bit of ego stroking, but the An officer of the Eternal Order, and a member of the Dragon Riders of Cormanthyr stand before you with blades drawn...and you appear frightened of...something else. What has happened here?
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

    Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    His arms droop as he looks at Mithranix confused. "Scream for help...? Oh." He says and blushes a bit. "That was...uh, that was me. I heard you break down my door and it, well it startled me." He coughs and straightens his collar and smoothes down his apron. "As for the scuffle, I was getting a little frustrated with that owlbear. They can be kinda hard to work with." His eyes light up and he smiles. "If you're interested I've got a line out on some more exotic creatures, should be getting them in soon. Maybe you'd like a nice dire tiger crouching in your living room?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff to your Sense Motive: (1d20+16)[28]

    Edit: Nope. Definitely not hiding anything from you. Just a bit nervous after having people bust into his shop.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-09-26 at 10:32 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Dane sighs in relief as their fears appear to have been misguided, sheathing his sword with a smooth flourish. "I really must apologize for our actions then. Just... Well given events as of late we couldn't help but act based on what we heard without knowing the circumstances." Dane takes off his helm to take a better look around the room, Corellon Larethian's symbol fading away from the faceplate leaving it blank once removed. "If it pleases you we'll be more than willing to make amends."

    "Indeed." Aria says coming out from behind Dane. "Our magic can easily repair the damage we did to your door though the ward on it may be beyond us if it is destroyed. If its within our means however we'll try and pay for its replacement if it's gone."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty so Diplomacy roll from Dane, Sense Motive from Aria, and Dane's popping Detect Magic to see if anything seems off.
    Diplomacy (1d20+25)[42]
    Sense Motive (1d20+12)[16]
    Avatar by RPGsr4me

    Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Avatar by Savannah

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    "Of course, of course. I understand, can't be too careful these days." Aster says and he moves over to the owlbear stand and begins tidying up the tools scattered on the ground. "And I appreciate it, I do. Glad to know that there's those that still watch out for the less fortunate." He says and it's clear he's including himself in that but from the looks of the shop it doesn't look like business has been hurting lately. He raises an eyebrow at Dane and raises his hand to cough behind it. "Begging your pardon, sir, but unless you've a writ from the palace could you please not perform any divinations? I've as much as right to privacy as any other law abiding citizen." He says and half-bows as he takes a step back and places the tool bag on the work bench along the wall.

    The most powerful auras in the room belong to Mithranix, Aria and yourself, though you do recognize a scattering of weak magical signatures among the racks of tools and bottles. He coughs again and takes a step to the left, blocking your line of sight to a small box that radiated no magic at all. "If you'd like to come into the front I can make some tea and we can speak about repairs to the door. I've just got a shipment in of jasm-" His words are cut off as he glances towards the main room. You all hear the sounds of people walking and moments later four elves enter the room. Three are clad in mithral chain and hold naked courtblades while the fourth wears heavy draped robes, colored in deep brown and fringed with yellow. Three short red stripes run across the shoulders and a yellow rose is pinned to the front of her robe. She quickly glances at the three of you and motions to her guards who stand near the doorway.

    Her arms folded within the deep sleeves of her robe she looks at Aster and frowns, raises her mouth to speak and then shakes her head instead. She turns toward Mithranix and gives him a curt bow of her head, low enough to respect his station and title. "Good morning, Ak'hrua." She says and scowls as she looks at Dane. "Fair morning, Sha'Tel’Quessir." She says as she barely nods her head, her words laced with scorn, her loathing for you obvious. She turns back to Mithranix and says "I am Ar'faern Ealoeth. How do you find your day thus far?" Aster tries to not so subtely get her attention but she ignores him, as do the guards who don't seem to be looking too kindly upon Dane.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-09-28 at 05:11 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Sydil bows her head and closes her eyes, focusing on her questions, not presuming to seek further visions of the goddess of magic.
    "What is the most important action we can take to maximize our chance of success in acquiring the kiira?
    "What is the source of the undead previously mentioned?
    "Where can we find the most information on the kiira?
    "What is the second greatest danger we are likely to face in attempting to retrieve the kiira."

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    Serving as a vessel for the knowledge of Mystra is taxing on mortal bodies and Ayorra can feel part of a small part of herself being overwhelmed by the power. Small waves roll across the surface of the pond, as if the spirit within is agitated by presence of such godly power. Even as her body speaks the words to answer Sydil's questions Ayorra can feel the truth of her statements. In her minds eye she sees her own words hanging in the air, each vibrating through the spectrum of colors. When Sydil asks about secondary dangers Ayorra notices that the colors of her answer shift through the spectrum in reverse.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "What is the most important action we can take to maximize our chance of success in acquiring the kiira?" (Contact Other Plane)

    Answer: Guard your mind and body.

    "What is the source of the undead previously mentioned?" (Contact Other Plane)

    Answer: Dragons

    "Where can we find the most information on the kiira?" (Contact Other Plane)

    Answer: Within the selu'kiira

    "What is the second greatest danger we are likely to face in attempting to retrieve the kiira?" (Contact Other Plane)

    Answer: Dragons

    "Is the selu'kiira in Battlegate?" (Commune)

    Answer: Yes

    Commune Questions: 12/16
    Contact Other Plane Questions: 6/8

    I counted off Commune questions to verify the answers given so far. Ayorra knows that the answer to the secondary dangers question is false but can't communicate that to Sydil at the moment.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    The colors from Ayorra's speech drift apart and lose their clarity, falling down to lay upon the water like oil slicks. Each drop of the prismatic sounds cause ripples across the water that touch the other ripples and rebound in an endless cycle. The surface of the water quickly agitates to a white froth, spraying mist over the two mages and leaving a negative rainbow in the air. Even deep in the trance Ayorra can feel the pain of the elemental spirit and it's response as the whitecaps on the surface swirl into miniature hurricanes that sweep the slicks of color away from it. As the last bit of color is flung away the hurricanes drop and the water returns to a slow wake.

    You both come to and realize that Mystra's presence has gone. The small pool of water is calm and once again reflecting the branches of the limbs you sit in.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "In what way are the wards most likely to harm us?"

    Answer: Eternal slumber

    "Is there some fancy ritual related to them and Midsummer?"

    Answer: Yes

    "Can we find out more about that relationship using/within the kiira?"

    Answer: Yes

    ----

    I asked Vael if she had more questions and she said she didn't so I ended the spell after Dice's last batch. If there was another one that you really wanted to ask post it in OOC and I'll answer it as you had 1 Commune question left.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    userpay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    "My apologies once more, one merely wishes to assure safety." It didn't bother Dane to have to end his spell given that at best he could barely identify what he sees and that was with assistance.

    Dane inclines his head as the elves enter. "And to thee." Their dislike didn't bother the paladin one bit as used to it as he was... So long as such people stayed civil. Dane glances to Aster. "I take it this is what you meant earlier?"
    Avatar by RPGsr4me

    Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Avatar by Savannah

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Dream of Cormanthyr [IC]

    "Archmage"he used the common trade tongue as he returned the greeting to the Mage. He really hoped that sat sideways in the mans stomach...this was another of those that caused Mithranix no end of frustration. Elitist elves...what was next? Heroic Kobolds?

    "What has summoned one of your stature from the tower? Did this store owner summon you?He would wait for Dane to finish his own comments before uttering his own.
    Super Cool Set of Monster Classes

    Realmz Project an interesting rules rewrite for the E6 and other games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •