New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Favourite Character Tournament

So I'm kinda disappointed that we're reducing the number of matches per round... this is going to slow things down.

Also, this is the first set up matchups where I was on the winning side on all four.

Probably breaking that trend...

Banjo (because who doesn't like worshiping puppets?)
    Malack (although if this were Diago's wife, I'd seriously consider voting for her.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Banjo (I hate Elan but it would be a shame on me if the protagonist PC would win this contest) and Malack (my long hate-list comprehends the Kato couple since their first appearence, while Malack is ok even he's not on the "hell yess list" yet).
    Last edited by Meph; 2013-02-18 at 07:05 PM.
    Was vernünftig ist, das ist wirklich; und was wirklich ist, das ist vernünftig. (G.W.F.H.)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Roy

Daigo Da- Malack's cool and all, but Daigo is an ascended red shirt. I want him to take out at least one important character before this is over.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Banjo
    Daigo Da-
    Wouldn't a better question be, "Why don't more tribes of orcs start spontaneously worshiping my hand puppet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    "Flip, flip, flip, flip the greasy burgers for our new green overlords!"

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Roy

Malack. This is a hard one because I like them both (and I considered voting to Daigo just to make things competetive, since I expect Malack to win), but Malack's just more interesting to me. And considering the latest strip, this vote came at a bad time for Daigo.

And I agree that we should continue with four matches per round for at least this round, considering how many more there are to go.
    Last edited by LadyEowyn; 2013-02-18 at 07:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEowyn View Post
    And I agree that we should continue with four matches per round for at least this round, considering how many more there are to go.
    Yep, but hopefully there are many more new strips to go as well, so you'll check it out anyway
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roy

I don't want him to win this contest, but I don't want him to lose to one like Banjo. I'm looking forward to seeing him up against other crowd's favourites like Shojo, Tarquin or Redcloak.

Malack all the way.

Daigo and Kazumi were sympathetic and all, but Malack is much more interesting and has a lot more depth than them. (I would have already voted for him before today, but come on...He turned a PC into a FREAKING VAMPIRE)

8. - Top - End - #458

Roy vs. Banjo

Roy isn't my favorite character for sure (though he's necessary to make other characters better) but Banjo, in my opinion, isn't a character at all. That makes the vote for Roy automatic.

Malack vs. Daigo Da-

I like Tarquin and Malack as a pair of antagonists and think they should proceed farther. In another pairing there is probably a good chance I'd vote for Daigo Da-, but there's no chance against Malack.
    Administrator of the DnD gaming server, Sea of Dragons: Moonsea - a Persistent World set in the Forgotten Realms that uses the Neverwinter Nights 2 game.

See what the server has to offer without leaving these boards! Sea of Dragons on OOTS Forum

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Roy: This isn't a real contest, is it? There's no way Roy can lose to a puppet.

Malack: He's an Vampiric Albino Lizardfolk Cleric of the God of Death, and he's killing a PC right now. Name one thing that Diago, as funny as he can be, has done that can compete with that.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Colossus in the Playground

Roy.

Malack, with snark about both contestants regularly getting their names misspelled.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Roy. Banjo is an extension of Elan, so I can still kinda vote for Banjo later this round, unless he comes up against someone I prefer.

I don't really like either choice, but Daigo gets my sympathy vote since people are obviously going to be leaning towards Malack right now.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roy- actual people have to win over imaginary ones.

Malack. Every time I re-read the strips, I like Daigo less; he's just such a klutz. Kazumi is about 20 times more badass than he is and he still calls her a "precious flower" and gets in her way while she's carving up the enemy. Not that I don't want him to live and be happy, but compared to the cool bundle of awesome that is Malack? No chance.

13. - Top - End - #463

GreenSorcererElf

Roy- He's the main character; he can't lose to a hand-puppet!

Malack- I've got nothing against an ascended redshirt, but really, Daigo's never done anything even reminiscent of significance. Compare that to KILLING A PC. No contest at all.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm going to actually vote for Daigo here despite wholly preferring Malack, because I think the circumstances here are, shall we say, just a bit unfair. (Besides, it's not like he really stands a chance anyway).

And Roy. Banjo is an inanimate object until proven otherwise.

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEowyn View Post
    For what it's worth, I agree that the extra match-ups per round help keep things interesting.

But, it's fun either way. Thanks for running the thread, oppyu.
    Last edited by Bird; 2013-02-18 at 09:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

AssassinGuy

Malack does happen to be in the limelight right now. Definitely an advantage, but I never much liked Diago, and Malack is a great name for a great character.

And, of course, Roy. I love that bald dude and his great cleavage.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Firbolg in the Playground

Roy is an amazing character. Banjo always usually bugged me in the same way he bugs Roy.

I like Malack as a character -- and after today's strip, it certainly seems possible that he'll become a very important character -- but so far, he hasn't quite caught up to Daigo in my sympathies.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

18. - Top - End - #468

Roy. Any PC beats out an inanimate object.

Malack. I would have voted for him over the rather nondescript Daigo anyway, but his awesome scene today cements my vote.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Roy for his proactive management style.

Malack for his description of the life of an adventuring cleric.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Roy! I can only hope that someday my approval too fills him with shame.

Malack. Just glad he wasn't going up against Kazumi. And maybe if we stick it out with him he'll come up against the Belkster in the brackets...
    At least now I can get back to enjoying my glass of elven wine in peace and quiet, without being called on to intervene in someone else's problems.
    Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley! Ring, ring, ring goes the bell! Git away from me, ye daft fool!
    *sigh*

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Definitely Roy and Malack

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Roy of course.

Malack, easy.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Roy vs. Banjo

Ok, it is somewhat questionable whether Banjo is a character - But never the less, there are not many characters I would choose over him. Hail Banjo!

Malack vs. Daigo Da-

Daigo's not bad, but Malack is way more interesting.
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2013-05-17 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Edited to add singature

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Banjo Some of my favorite strips include Banjo, i cannot say the same for Roy.

Malack It really is an unfair competition with Malack dominating the current strips, but even before that he was a more interesting character than Daigo.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Roy No contest

Daigo Malack's obviously the more important character, but Daigo is a personal favorite of mine, and needs some votes.

26. - Top - End - #476

Roy Greenhilt
    VS Banjo
    The Banjo strips tread a line between really amusing and annoyingly tedious, but overall they are no way funny enough for the glove puppet to stand chance against Our Hero.

Malack
    VS
    Daigo Da-
    A red shirt underdog who not only survived the battle, but got the girl too? What's not to like? I must be honest though; the developments in the latest strip (870) made me less sympathetic towards Malack than I otherwise would have been. Two days ago, this would have been a much harder call!
    The prison was full of British officers who had sworn to die, rather than be captured.

Avatar by Rich Burlew: The Giant Stuck It To Me!

27. - Top - End - #477

And the difficulty level increases. Two of my favorite minor characters go down- without much of a fight...

Roy An interesting straightman. A fallible hero. Crowned with so many moments of awesome. One of my favorite characters, and he guards my grocery list. FTW!

Malack - I liked him even before he was a vampire.

28. - Top - End - #478

Roy. Even though he is probably the least interesting member of the Order of the Stick. Banjo isn't even a character, he is part of Elan. Part of what makes Elan lovely, yes, but still only that.

Malack, and not because of the recent developments. The "reasonable adults talking out their differences" scene is a favourite of mine. Daigo's great but he's still just another hero.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like Roy, but I like Banjo better. I nearly cried when he missed his chance to get in the pantheon. ("Aww, but I like puppets...")

I don't love Daigo; he's kind of annoying, his wife is way cooler. Malack, on the other hand, is just plain awesome.
    Avatar by the lovely Paisley. Isn't she awesome? :)

Read my writing on AO3.

30. - Top - End - #480

Banjo is okay, but c'mon, Roy is the protagonist
    Even in light of recent events, I'm still going to have to go Daigo, as I like his backstory of being a redshirt who ascended to prominence.
    Thanks to Dirtytabs for the Avatar!