New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    RP on the Ponythread Express
    Spoiler
    Show

So, what you're saying is that Silent Night was in serious danger while he was...wherever it is you are, but now that he’s been returned to Equestria he’s perfectly safe? Or at least as safe as anypony being attacked by muffin-crazed ninjas can be.
    Clearly, this means I must return Silent Night to your location as soon as possible.

Also, I would like to state for the record that I am not a dangerous lunatic.

Actually, you really are.
    No, no I'm not.
    You kinda are.
    No. I'm. Not.
    Pinka!
    Dammit, stop saying that! I most certainly am not a lunatic, dangerous or otherwise. Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have a dangerous, unstable retrovirus to test on a large number of captured cultists.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you put that creature back on this ship, I will be forced to consider that a hostile action and react accordingly. We have no interest in your domestic affairs at this date, such an action would unfortunately force us to change our stance.
    This is not in either of our best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Ponythread Role-Play: It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guh, not there, I have rib's there!

"crack"

Gah! Come on! Do you know how hard it is to heal ribs! This is the last time I carry the Ghoul Scout snacks with me anywhere!

"Meanwhile"

Huh, guess that acidic water-beast did a number on the infrastructure. Hey, what's that masked ape doing?

"Also meanwhile"

Wait a moment, so Silent has been declared a failure in the eye's of the Nightmare, and was voted to be explunged from the cult?

Yep.

And your the new high priest until Silent can prove he is worthy again?

Yep.

But your not even a priest! Your a little six year old filly with a obsession with fleshcrafting that catches everything on fire!

Yep.

But, how-

They said I was the only rightful one to take up Daddies mantle. Also, I was in the room and everyone agreed as long as I did not hug them, so that counts right?

"Gibber.Twitch."

Yay! Play time starts now!
    Spoiler
    Show

By the Dark Lords, what fools these ponies be.

Hmm? Say something Joyreaper?

Uh, nothing important, Ma'am.
    Is that Sundancer's old...mask...
    I'm, well. I'm going to go check on...something, Ma'am. Elsewhere.

It seems staggeringly clear that any system that would put the season openers and Season 2 finale in the same catagorisation as Sweet Apple Massacre/Cupcakes/Rainbow factory simply isn't fit for purpose.

Dark does indeed need a better and more selective definition, and there need to be different grades of it recognised or it's simply not a useful tag at all.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I don't know if I'm just being a little sensitive, but being told that the kinds of stories I write and like to write (some of the time) are OOC simply by virtue of their tone is a little hurtful. I have no problem if you tell me you don't like such stories, because you prefer your ponies with the show-flavor, but saying they're OOC just doesn't sound like a purely personal opinion.

I guess it's a more emotionally charged word for you as an author. OOCness is a pretty subjective thing, as far as I'm concerned.

But again, this is all because we disagree on that little distinction between show and setting, so I'll shut up about it now
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    EDIT: I guess to me a dark fic has to revel in the pain and misery of the characters. I've written a fic where a pony had to give up her family, a fic where two ponies beat each other nearly to death, and a fic where the Mane 6 aren't even sure whether or not they exist or all their memories are lies. I haven't tagged ANY of them Dark even though those were major themes or plot points.
    That's a good description. I agree completely.

SECOND EDIT: Random idea, anyone know of any fics that cast Blueblood as the Bruce Wayne persona of Canterlot's equivalent of Batman?
    Quick! Somepony fund this!
    Truth resists simplicity.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Okay, you've gone through all that and we've got a kinda metric to determine what the uppermost scale of Equestria looks like, which is inconsistent with character creation rules and the provided XP scale and implies that players will start off as comparative chumps.

We've used that all to work out that if we add this and that and that modifier and do this dance we'll be able to prove that Rainbow Dash is the best Flier in Equestria because she can hit this arbitrary DC. Okay.

In Heroquest, Rainbow Dash would have an Ability called "Best Flier In Equestria". Whenever she does awesome flying stuff she rolls off that.

Heroquest, you have three Keywords - typically Background, Occupation, and Supernatural Class/Race/Template Whatever. So Twilight might look like:

Princess' Student
    Ponyville Librarian
    Unicorn Pony

Under those she'd have Abilities, like so

Princess' Student 13
    - Canterlot Connections
    - Most Faithful Student
    - Sister to the Guard Captain

Ponyville Librarian 15
    - Dedicated Researcher
    - Dragon Assistant
    - Egghead

Unicorn Pony 17
    - Telekinesis
    - Element of Magic
    - Teleportation

Etc. With this, we have skipped the ass-backwards reverse engineering numbers grind and gotten to the results that we actually want when designing characters.
    Hmm, I can definitely see the simplicity of the system in getting a character from concept to mechanics. How would the pony aspect of things work out though? Some kind of Element of Magic bonus when working with another pony, or is it GM discretion on modifiers?

As for starting off as "comparative chumps" ... feature, not bug.

One of the reasons I wanted RiM was that it forces a slightly lower power base on players at the outset unless they are all working in concert. Very pony to my mind, very in keeping with the idea of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Wait, there's a "Pony Tales" based on D&D? Where?

Oh, and in honor of getting a spa makeover in the IRC RP, I've updated my avatar. Yay!
    Oops, I meant the d6 ponytales you already have in your RPG Tabletop list

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

I wouldn't say "revel", but I think I agree with the basic idea.

A character dying, even a main character dying, isn't necessarily dark in my eyes. It may be sad or tragic, but not necessarily dark. Boromir dying was sad, but not dark. Likewise war and struggle doesn't necessarily make the story dark either.

There has to be a focus on the pain and misery, it has to permeate the story and the mood. If everything seems hopeless and everyone suffers throughout most of the story, if that's the focus, then it's dark. If there are just some scenes where there's some suffering and war and even death, but it's not the focus or not very explicit, then it ain't necessarily dark.

The same with the Sad/Tragic tags. If it's not the focus or doesn't permeate the whole story, if it's just a few sad moments here and there, should it really need the tag?

But because this is ponies, some people may want to be warned even about a few stray scenes that might sneak in in a future chapter. It's really rather difficult when you haven't planned the whole story in complete and excruciating detail.

I'm having serious doubt whether my story needs the Dark and Sad tags, but I'm sure if I don't give it both someone will complain that they weren't warned about one little scene.
    Thus far, I think the only thing we can agree on is that the tag system as it exists on FimFiction is too broad and should probably be revised.

My Little Ponythread: The Elements of RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guh, not there, I have rib's there!

"crack"

Gah! Come on! Do you know how hard it is to heal ribs! This is the last time I carry the Ghoul Scout snacks with me anywhere!
    Heheheh, look at them go! I should have thought of this a long time ago.
    So, what are you going to do when your ninjas figure out he isn't full of muffins after all?
    Eh, I'll blame it on changelings feeding us bad intel and give them extra muffins in the break room.

"Meanwhile"

Huh, guess that acidic water-beast did a number on the infrastructure. Hey, what's that masked ape doing?
    Dammit, I knew we were forgetting something!
    Would you relax, the elements of harmony stopped the rampaging monster before it even reached Ponyville. You should really consider reading those intel reports I keep giving you.

*Meanwhile, in the ruins of Canterlot*
    OOK! *attempts to put Lucadore Mask in a submission hold*

"Also meanwhile"

Wait a moment, so Silent has been declared a failure in the eye's of the Nightmare, and was voted to be explunged from the cult?

Yep.

And your the new high priest until Silent can prove he is worthy again?

Yep.

But your not even a priest! Your a little six year old filly with a obsession with fleshcrafting that catches everything on fire!

Yep.

But, how-

They said I was the only rightful one to take up Daddies mantle. Also, I was in the room and everyone agreed as long as I did not hug them, so that counts right?

"Gibber.Twitch."

Yay! Play time starts now!
    Wonderful, instead of Silent Night deliberately inflicting atrocities upon Equestria, we’re now going to have your niece carelessly inflicting them.
    Don't worry, I've already portaled over my contingency plan to deal with this.
    Let me guess, your contingency plan consists of an OFC barrage, right?
    Don't be absurd, the filly's half fire-elemental, the OFC wouldn't have any appreciable effect on her. No, what this situation requires is the subtle, precise touch that you can only get using an atomic supermonster.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

If you put that creature back on this ship, I will be forced to consider that a hostile action and react accordingly. We have no interest in your domestic affairs at this date, such an action would unfortunately force us to change our stance.
    This is not in either of our best interests.
    *sigh* I suppose I'll just have to stick with more mundane methods of making Silent Night suffer then. *opens portal above Silent Night's head, dumps swarm of carion beetles onto him*
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Facfiction reading update: I started reading Clockwork. Very good so far, and I'm only four chapters in. I'll be using this to entertain me in my lunch breaks!

Also read Friendship is Epic, by my friend Bramble Rose. A post-apocalyptic Dr. Whooves and Twilight adventure type thing. Incomplete, but very good so far. About as dark as I'll go in a story (implications of death, but nothing "on screen" as it were).

And now for pictures. Element of Image Dumps Power Go!

Oh, You!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops! My bad!

In celebration of the latest Dr. Who trailer:
    Spoiler
    Show

Derpy vs. Lyra, battle of the century.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ouch. Also, LOL.
    Spoiler
    Show

Something for Raz, methinks (large image)
    Spoiler
    Show

Imagination is Magic
    Spoiler
    Show

Princess gala dresses
    Spoiler
    Show

And finally, a beautiful Celestia at sunset picture. (large image)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Is it wrong that I got that without the link?
    I don't even fully understand how a rainbow table works, and I got it without even opening the spoiler.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #697
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Quick! Somepony fund this!
    Oh, don't worry, I'm on it. I'd been meaning to write something about how Fluttershy's cottage is basically the Equestrian animal equivalent of Arkham Asylam anyway, and I'll take any opportunity to kill N birds with N-1 stones. I just thought it must already exist. All I could find on fimfiction was one cancelled fic based on Arkham City, so it seems it's more or less up for grabs.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

8. - Top - End - #698

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Facfiction reading update: I started reading Clockwork. Very good so far, and I'm only four chapters in. I'll be using this to entertain me in my lunch breaks!
    Wait... Wat. 0.o

*heart status: exploded due to squee overload.* /)^3^(\

Alabenson, you've got any spares? *passes out*

Seriously though, I'm glad that you like it so far, Diego. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. :)
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Firbolg in the Playground

My Little Ponythread: The Elements of RP
    Spoiler
    Show

Heheheh, look at them go! I should have thought of this a long time ago.
    So, what are you going to do when your ninjas figure out he isn't full of muffins after all?
    Eh, I'll blame it on changelings feeding us bad intel and give them extra muffins in the break room.

Dammit, I knew we were forgetting something!
    Would you relax, the elements of harmony stopped the rampaging monster before it even reached Ponyville. You should really consider reading those intel reports I keep giving you.

*Meanwhile, in the ruins of Canterlot*
    OOK! *attempts to put Lucadore Mask in a submission hold*

Wonderful, instead of Silent Night deliberately inflicting atrocities upon Equestria, we’re now going to have your niece carelessly inflicting them.
    Don't worry, I've already portaled over my contingency plan to deal with this.
    Let me guess, your contingency plan consists of an OFC barrage, right?
    Don't be absurd, the filly's half fire-elemental, the OFC wouldn't have any appreciable effect on her. No, what this situation requires is the subtle, precise touch that you can only get using an atomic supermonster.

Spoiler
    Show

*sigh* I suppose I'll just have to stick with more mundane methods of making Silent Night suffer then. *opens portal above Silent Night's head, dumps swarm of carion beetles onto him*
    Roleplay: The Ponying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, there gone. Oh, thank the stars above, I thought they where going to-

"portal"

Mmffp mfppaf phg fids dihsj goff!*

*Oh Nightmare there in my eyes!

"Meanwhile"

-And then they all bowed to me and told me that I could stamp creation under my burning hooves and rule over the flaming husk of the world!

Okay, now I understand how, but I still cannot belive-

Grawhaha!

Charnal, get out of the way!

Ahem-
    Spoiler
    Show

Screeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Shatter"

Heh, sonic magic's, works every time. Err, Charnal, what are you doing?

I can't hear so well,but I am making you honerary co-cult leader!

Wait, you dont.......thank you, Charnal. How about you play with the Ghoulies and I take care of the grown-up stuff.

Okay!

Hehe, this day is realy turning out to be just perfect.

Shameless plug: I co-write it!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-08-16 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Wait... Wat. 0.o

*heart status: exploded due to squee overload.* /)^3^(\

Alabenson, you've got any spares? *passes out*

Seriously though, I'm glad that you like it so far, Diego. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. :)
    *portal opens next to Maxtronaut*
    One cyberheart coming up! *revs chainsaw*

Ponythread RP: 404 Funny Title Not Found
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roleplay: The Ponying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, there gone. Oh, thank the stars above, I thought they where going to-

"portal"

Mmffp mfppaf phg fids dihsj goff!*

*Oh Nightmare there in my eyes!

"Meanwhile"

-And then they all bowed to me and told me that I could stamp creation under my burning hooves and rule over the flaming husk of the world!

Okay, now I understand how, but I still cannot belive-

Grawhaha!

Charnal, get out of the way!

Ahem-
    Spoiler
    Show

Screeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Shatter"

Heh, sonic magic's, works every time. Err, Charnal, what are you doing?

I can't hear so well,but I am making you honerary co-cult leader!

Wait, you dont.......thank you, Charnal. How about you play with the Ghoulies and I take care of the grown-up stuff.

Okay!

Hehe, this day is realy turning out to be just perfect.
    Well, that was anticlimactic.
    Shhh, you're going to miss the best part.

*shards of ice reform into the hideous monster*
    SKREEGAAAAAAAAH!

...So it's a regenerating giant atomic ice monster. Tell me, Boffinspark, do you just sit up at night thinking of new and exciting ways to horrify me?
    What? No, of course not. ...yes.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Initiating Lich appeasement procedures
    Spoiler
    Show

Noted.

Actually, it hasn't been a total loss. We discoevred that the green-grey is, in fact, nearly a dead match in colour to that used on the camo of our British AFVs, so I can use it to paint the tracked rapiers I CADed, and anything else I do for the sci-Brits later.

However, my mood was rather more lifted by the fact that we got into Miniature Wargames again (which is a big, high-street quality (if not distrubution) wargames magazine, one of the biggest in the country, with both pictures and a paragraph, thanks to our last convention.

Fame, fame at last! Muahahahahahaha!

And, after much effort, I have managed to base coat the remaining Jalyrkieons, so the most tedious part is over.

So, not a total waste.

Ouch. Also, LOL.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It took me a good half-minute to twig what that was on about...

Yeah... Ow...! And *snerk*

Also...while I don't personally see a problem there (being pretty shipping neutral, Spike/Rarity aside), given the amount of fanon that treats Twilight as the big sister/mother figure...possibly ewww as well...!

12. - Top - End - #702

Ponythread RP: 404 Funny Title Not Found
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, that was anticlimactic.
    Shhh, you're going to miss the best part.

*shards of ice reform into the hideous monster*
    SKREEGAAAAAAAAH!

...So it's a regenerating giant atomic ice monster. Tell me, Boffinspark, do you just sit up at night thinking of new and exciting ways to horrify me?
    What? No, of course not. ...yes.
    Hope The Ships Fireproof.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hehehe, first-

Grawwwww!

-I need to deal with that thing.

Oh well, never thought I needed to do this.

"Pulls out rock"

Hey, big guy? You see this rock? If you eat this, you get to go eat a fire elemental? You want to?

Grwaf!!

Okay! Go fetch!

"Giant ice beast get's teliported into Pyra's room"

Gods, now I remember why I went to that wedding. Screw Silent and his wings, magic is where it's at.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #703

*portal opens next to Maxtronaut*
    One cyberheart coming up! *revs chainsaw*
    *wakes up, holds chainsaw at bay.*

Oi! I'm fine! I'm fine!

14. - Top - End - #704
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Re your question about benchmarks; the guidance for setting task DC's is as follows;

Pick a type of pony;
    • Normal; (Guardpony #12) (+5 modifier)
    • Specialist; (Mr Cake if it relates to baking) (+15 modifier)
    • Legendary; (Twilight if it relates to magic) (+25 modifier)

Then on a scale of 1-10, add how tricky it would be for that pony to do.

Then add situational/gear modifiers as appropriate (typically no more than +5).
    Ah, so they kept that total for the system? I wasn't sure.

I dislike that gear is a separate DC boost though. It's a specific penalty that should be handled by the already abstract nature of the numbers. Looks like an oversight.

Total is the guideline DC for the task. So if you're packing around 20 from your attributes/job/talents/tools etc etc, you're pretty much one of the best in your field.*

E.g. Rainbow Dash is probably a 8 on body, 10 on aerobatics, a level 5 weatherpony, and has taken the ability that counts wings as a +2 tool for flying. All this is before taking into account bonuses from friends (up to +15), talents and cutie mark.*

She'd be high level though, most ponies at creation will probably pack only a 15 bonus to one specific area at most. (Where Job/Primary Attribute and special abilities all overlap)
    Let's see. Using magic to generate perfect tools, yeah about +15. Interesting. And if I read the cutie mark stuff right, on his own starry could hit as high as 45 without help. Neat.

Well so far Quaver appears to be playing the part of straight-mare in semi denial about all the bizzare shenanigans that go on there.

She still thinks Mystic's Zergpony just likes wearing her Nightmare Night costume constantly.
    I believe it.
    Trouble now is it would be one more game to keep up with, and I've recently glut myself in that regard.

... Nope.
    Aww. *hugs*

Huh, that's odd. It doesn't do that on my phone. Still, ouch ... that's alot of text to scrawl through on a small screen ><
    I have the offline app version of the rules.

I'm sure you can put "item enchanter" as a job, might need to take magical aspects relating to the types of enchantment you want (e.g. if you specialise in automating golems or something, you'd need animate and earth aspects or the like)

Or am I thinking of a different definition of enchanter here?
    You had it right. I just feel more and more that Stars isn't meant for this tone. He would work better in Pony Tales.

I'll either make a new character or use Thistle. And I'll try and talk DD into bringing Second Hand along.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Well, I'm about halfway thought the RiM rules, and I'm definitely intrigued. They did a good job making it feel like its own game, particularly the magic system. It's complex, and not all of it is intuitive, but it is very flexible and distinct from any other magic system I know.*

There are only a couple things that I don't like about it so far. One is the Guiding Element of Harmony; it feels tacked on, and they don't give enough character examples outside of the mane 6 for it to feel relevant to every character. The other thing is the racial bonuses to primary stats. I expected them to be balanced between the three races. There's no reason for earth ponied to be the only ones with a Heart bonus. I would make it: Earth +1 Body +2 Heart, Pegasus +1 Mind +2 Body, Unicorn +1 Heart +2 Mind.*

Aside from that, I'm liking this system, and I'm interested in the game.
    The elements are weird, yes. I'm not sure if I'm remembering them properly or just crossing them with AoH...

Also, unicorns used to get only a bonus to mind I think. The lack of heart for the others is sort of odd, but understandable from a design perspective. They have to make earth ponies desirable, even if they were heavy handed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Waist, honey. Waist.
    No, she's wearing pants. What a waste. /badrecovery

To be fair, both instances were probably "wasite" which confuses the hay out of my phone.

My favorite parts are how the typo happened twice, how he specifically drew attention to it the second time, and how it happened 36 hours after he pointed out my signature which warns of EXACTLY that kind of mistake.
    On the contrary, I was basically drunk, and from experience know that proof reading increases the instances of typos due to a quirk of my phone's processor. Believe me, I could do worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I don't know the Heroquest system (I have the PDF somewhere I think, haven't read it because the game I was downloading it for never happened). So seeing that list of numbers doesn't really tell me much. Does having a more specific set of traits mean the character can improvise less? Taking Rainbow Dash under the Heroquest vs. RiM rules, would RiM allow Rainbow Dash a greater variety of moves and tricks compared to her focus in Heroquest? That seems like an area where a system could differentiate itself, as the nature of the heroquest titles seems to make the player think along certain lines, whereas something like Stat A+skill B can make a player more inventive, unless the skills or stats are themselves too limited.
    Unsure. You could have each trick be it's own skill, but you could also have "trick flying" as a skill so... In the RD doing tricks category, the games are about even.

Irony is always watching. Always waiting for the right moment to pounce.
    I would hope I was watching, it's in the thread title!

I'd have to disagree with you here: Celestia states that the spells that imprisoned Discord had broken down since she and Luna were no longer connected to the elements.
    Yup. Totally missed that, so my point is invalid. Thanks for the quote, easier to research.

Aside from the fact that the series is called "Friendship is Magic" and the fact that the elements have defeated two of the series major villians and posed a significant threat to the third, no it hasn't been outright stated that the Elements of Harmony are the Biggest Baddest.*
    But I'd say there's plenty of evidence to infer that they are.
    The notion that friendship is an underlying Force of existence and the elements merely represent those who embody those traits and allow focus also fulfills the criteria without making the elements all powerful.

At this point I think you're being overly pedantic even by my standards.
    My point was that even if Discord isn't truly omnipotent, he's sufficiently powerful that the distinction is irrelevant with regards as to whether or not he could readily teleport back to Equestria should he be launched into space.
    Of course it's pedantic. I did call it out as asinine, didn't I?

But no, when you're discussing power level to that degree, whether or not something is immolated by a star or disintegrated is important. Immolation can be reversed and resisted, for example.

In truth though, I just wanted to call attention to chemicals that would violently explode before catching on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I apologize, there are no news on the Faust sketch or JDL voice mesage at the moment, the parties are all busy, whether filming in Europe or working on new shows, or bringing bronies Classical music culture. *I have been assured that I shall have a better answer after the film crew return from Europe. If the items are to be delivered along with the DVD, then we are looking at possibly December time frame. (Hopefully before Xmas)

While I am not ponied out, I am Ponythread-lost, and don't have much to contribute, sry.
    It's cool

Always nice to hear from you though. Stop by more often! None of us know what's going on, we just pretend really well

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Achieved effect. The laser-power to slay a dragon is comparable to the diplomatic ability to convince it leave forever. The laser-power required to reduce a nation to smouldering ruins is comparable to the amount of political clout that will bring that same nation to ruin by driving it's allies away and crushing it economically in such a thorough manner that the existing social structure collapses entirely. For instance, I could (maybe) beat Bill Gates in a fight. He can probably destabilise the entire economy of the country I live in. I definitely can't beat up an entire country. Thus we see that Bill is more powerful that myself.*

I'm not sure if this sort of thing falls under "poorly established notions of difficulty", though. It definitely has the problem of running into apples-and-oranges where the largest effect achieveable by one party is not comparable in any manner to the other parties best, but it's an infinitely better at comparing power than duke-it-out-on-an-infinite-featureless-plain.
    Yeah. Much harder to effect in works of fiction. In comics its difficult to represent, and in written works, the expectation is that political power will be stripped leaving the macho laser pony as still a macho laser pony while the mighty politician is now just a humble pony.

And so we educate them.
    How? We need standards in place to propagate, first.

Oh, absolutely. Baseline, you'd need enough narrative mojo to counteract the narrative weight of the grimly determined attempt to banish Discord forever, which considering the suffering caused by Mr. D, is very far from insubstantial. Narrative Causality is on the side of the statue getting found, but not necessarily in favour of the statue being found in those particular circumstances, so you need to stack the odds a bit on that front. Spilling the blood of one of the banishers would be the typical solution.
    Aye. That's the benefit of magic; results NOW, at cost of greatly increased energy expenditure. Summoning Discord's statue and combing all of reality for it would take about the same amount of energy, in the end. One just results in succeeding during your generation.

For what it's worth, you don't sound sociopathic to me!*

(said the guy who just matter-of-factly suggested using Blood Magic to find the statue-prison of the God of Chaos)
    I'm keeping a tight lid on it. It segues pretty quickly into a casual lack of respect for life. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    My wife said almost the same thing yesterday when I described to her what Ponythread topics usually are about.
    What did you say? I'd keenly like to know what the topics are, I usually miss them <_<

So... throw out the pants? Waste?
    Ah! It wasn't so bad a joke after all.
    My filly reads this thread so fifth amendment.

15. - Top - End - #705

I'll do you one worse:

Q: How do pegasi reverse encrypted password hashes?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rainbow tables

That one probably requires an explanation for the non-crypto set
    I'd shoot you for using a deadly pun like that, but I'm too busy laughing. Here, have some more.

Spoiler
    Show

On that subject, Dash Image Dump time!
    Spoiler
    Show

Look, a blast from thread 37 or so!

Not RD, but still an item in a dangerously high level of wants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-08-16 at 05:46 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

16. - Top - End - #706

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have that shirt!

17. - Top - End - #707
    Spamalot in the Playground

Oh you!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops! My bad!
    Wow, might be the first depiction I've seen of somepony more endowed than Fluttershy. AJ looks so awesome in that outfit too.

Ouch. Also, LOL.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So what did... oh. OH. Ohhhhhhhh....

Imagination is Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the most epic CMC image i've ever laid my eyes upon.

What did you say? I'd keenly like to know what the topics are, I usually miss them <_<
    Mostly paraphrased some of the RPing done around here, that's its more role-play than discussion. What kind of questions get asked here, little dramas that crop up. You know, the usual stuff.
    She wagers I'm probably one of the oldest people on these threads based on what people "say".
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

18. - Top - End - #708
    Spamalot in the Playground

I trolled my roommate today.
    He's been asking me all this week to bring home boxes from my jobsite so he can help a friend move. Today I brought home the biggest boxes I could find and stacked them behind the garage door. When he comes home and opens the door, he'll see a wall of boxes with a large picture of Trollestia I drew shouting "No Probalo!"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-08-16 at 06:12 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Also...while I don't personally see a problem there (being pretty shipping neutral, Spike/Rarity aside), given the amount of fanon that treats Twilight as the big sister/mother figure...possibly ewww as well...!
    To be honest, TwiSpike is the only Spike x Mane 6 ship I'm really not fond of, for those exact reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    *wakes up, holds chainsaw at bay.*

Oi! I'm fine! I'm fine!
    Ohhh, are you sure I can't interest you in some replacement organs? They almost certainly don't contain any colonies of mind-controlling nanobots.

Hope The Ships Fireproof.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hehehe, first-

Grawwwww!

-I need to deal with that thing.

Oh well, never thought I needed to do this.

"Pulls out rock"

Hey, big guy? You see this rock? If you eat this, you get to go eat a fire elemental? You want to?

Grwaf!!

Okay! Go fetch!

"Giant ice beast get's teliported into Pyra's room"

Gods, now I remember why I went to that wedding. Screw Silent and his wings, magic is where it's at.
    Ponythread RP: Now you thinking with ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    TELEPORTATION INTERCEPTION FIELD ENGAGED! UNAUTHORIZED TELEPORTATION SUCCESSFULLY DIVERTED!
    What the Tartarus was that?
    What? Oh, after the smooze release fiasco, I installed a system to intercept and divert any unauthorized attempts to teleport into my ship.
    Ah, that explains...wait, divert? Divert where?

*portal opens behind Silent Night*
    SKREEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAH!

Nowhere you need to be worried about.

My Homebrew

Show

20. - Top - End - #710

Ponythread RP: Now you thinking with ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    TELEPORTATION INTERCEPTION FIELD ENGAGED! UNAUTHORIZED TELEPORTATION SUCCESSFULLY DIVERTED!
    What the Tartarus was that?
    What? Oh, after the smooze release fiasco, I installed a system to intercept and divert any unauthorized attempts to teleport into my ship.
    Ah, that explains...wait, divert? Divert where?

*portal opens behind Silent Night*
    SKREEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAH!

Nowhere you need to be worried about.
    Roleplay: Something Something Something Ponies.

Spoiler
    Show

-And thats the last of those insects. Actualy, I might need to keep some of those around, they don't do much harm considering my eyes have kicked into glowy mode. Heh, I forgot I actualy had the ability to do that.

"Cue portal"

....Realy?

"Thing shakes Silent around a few times, gets bored and leaves"

....Gah. Well, I might have shards of ice in every avaible open spot in my body and my rib's are scattered on the floor, but I still have most of my wings and all my limbs, so you know what? I am just going to stay here until that worthless brat of a princess comes down off her high horse and meets with me. What could Boffie do, shoot me with rainbows?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-08-16 at 07:14 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #711

Ohhh, are you sure I can't interest you in some replacement organs? They almost certainly don't contain any colonies of mind-controlling nanobots.
    [/SPOILER]
    Dude, this is ponythread. I'm pretty sure that most of us can survive without major vital organs here. Also, "pretty sure" isn't a 100 percent, so I'd rather go without a heart than with one that has mind control-bots.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *Wants*

Some pony t-shirts arrived in the mail for me today (along with an EQD satchelbag), yay!

Ah, so they kept that total for the system? I wasn't sure.

I dislike that gear is a separate DC boost though. It's a specific penalty that should be handled by the already abstract nature of the numbers. Looks like an oversight.
    Hmm, crap. I seem to have made a mistake with that. I apoligise!

They did revise the difficulty tables for Season 2 after all. I'm guessing we'd be playing on standard difficulty settings, so they are broadly similar in terms of DC for a given task, it just extends higher for the Legendary pony side. (There is also the option to play on "hardcore" mode which raises DC at each tier ).

Looking at some of the examples given, I think some of those could belong in the next category up or down.

I think I'd treat them as guidelines more than gospel examples.

Spoiler
    Show
    10. Beyond Even Legendary Ponies; Discord Only.
    No Check Required; Impossible (Or 20 Only)
    Complete control over the environment, global manipulation, random day/night changes

9. Even Legendary Ponies Would Have Difficulty.
    Difficulty: 70
    Turning Discord to stone, banishing Nightmare Moon to the moon for a thousand years

8. Probably Only Legendary Ponies Could Do This.
    Difficulty: 50
    Raising and lowering the sun and moon, teleporting across a continent, instantly healing a plague.

7. Normal For Legendary Ponies, Hard For Anypony Else.
    Difficulty: 40
    Dispelling a mass enchantment, conjuring an unbreakable ward, creating a sonic rainboom

6. Even Special Ponies Would Have Difficulty.
    Difficulty: 30
    Talking down a dragon, complex aerial acrobatics, casting a difficult spell, hatching a dragon egg

5. Probably Only Special Ponies Could Do This.
    Difficulty: 20
    Inspiring a crowd with a speech, casting a new spell, out-flying a bird, painting a good portrait.

4. Normal For Special Ponies, Hard For Everyday Ponies.
    Difficulty: 15
    Making a pretty dress, casting an easy spell, bucking a tree, doing a complex dance move.

3. This Is A Pretty Basic Challenge For An Everyday Pony.
    Difficulty: 10
    Moving a cloud, caring for a pet, baking a cake, building a barn, drawing a horse-drawn
    carriage

2. This Might Challenge A Young Foal, But Nopony Else.
    Difficulty: 5 (Or No Check Required; Too Easy)
    Painting a wall, gathering flowers, making a sandwich, walking a pet, ironing clothes correctly

1. Anypony, Anywhere, Could Do This With Ease.
    No Check Required; Too Easy
    Walking, eating, looking at something, getting a book from a bookshelf, putting on clothes.

I have the offline app version of the rules.
    Me too

You had it right. I just feel more and more that Stars isn't meant for this tone. He would work better in Pony Tales.

I'll either make a new character or use Thistle. And I'll try and talk DD into bringing Second Hand along.
    I am now simultaneously hoping that DD is interested, and trying to figure out the potential impacts of a mecha pony on the game

The elements are weird, yes. I'm not sure if I'm remembering them properly or just crossing them with AoH...
    I'm tempted to houserule something in that space.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I trolled my roommate today.
    He's been asking me all this week to bring home boxes from my jobsite so he can help a friend move. Today I brought home the biggest boxes I could find and stacked them behind the garage door. When he comes home and opens the door, he'll see a wall of boxes with a large picture of Trollestia I drew shouting "No Probalo!"
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Roleplay: Something Something Something Ponies.

Spoiler
    Show

-And thats the last of those insects. Actualy, I might need to keep some of those around, they don't do much harm considering my eyes have kicked into glowy mode. Heh, I forgot I actualy had the ability to do that.

"Cue portal"

....Realy?

"Thing shakes Silent around a few times, gets bored and leaves"

....Gah. Well, I might have shards of ice in every avaible open spot in my body and my rib's are scattered on the floor, but I still have most of my wings and all my limbs, so you know what? I am just going to stay here until that worthless brat of a princess comes down off her high horse and meets with me. What could Boffie do, shoot me with rainbows?
    Ponythread RP: Yes, it's still going
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did he actually just say...?
    Honestly, I'm as surprised as you are. Ah well, no sense letting a setup like that go to waste!
    *portals surround Silent Night on all sides*

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! FEEL MY BRIGHTLY COLORED, SPARKLY WRATH!

My Homebrew

Show

24. - Top - End - #714

Ponythread RP: Yes, it's still going
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did he actually just say...?
    Honestly, I'm as surprised as you are. Ah well, no sense letting a setup like that go to waste!
    *portals surround Silent Night on all sides*

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! FEEL MY BRIGHTLY COLORED, SPARKLY WRATH!
    Ponythread Roleplay:Mine, All Mine.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Yawn.

Boffenspark, if you can somehow hear me, I would suggest that you spice up your weapons platform. Get a few galting beams or something. Being hit with the same blast of rainbows and sunshine is getting...boring. Send down what I would assume to be your dragon friend or perhapes tell your wife I kidnapped her sister or something.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Noted.

Actually, it hasn't been a total loss. We discoevred that the green-grey is, in fact, nearly a dead match in colour to that used on the camo of our British AFVs, so I can use it to paint the tracked rapiers I CADed, and anything else I do for the sci-Brits later.

However, my mood was rather more lifted by the fact that we got into Miniature Wargames again (which is a big, high-street quality (if not distrubution) wargames magazine, one of the biggest in the country, with both pictures and a paragraph, thanks to our last convention.

Fame, fame at last! Muahahahahahaha!

And, after much effort, I have managed to base coat the remaining Jalyrkieons, so the most tedious part is over.

So, not a total waste.

congrats

also yeah I hate that ship for that exact reason. (Just like I would find any ships between Applejack and her siblings repulsive)

On Discord disposal:

If shattering his body was possible and wouldn't immediatly release him I imagine that would just mean that eventually he would reappear anyways. For beings like Discord I imagine their body is equivilant to clothes for them. Destroying them might be an inconceivable but it actually doesn't harm them. I imagine a cockatrice for example wouldn't do anything because the Elements are doing more then just turning him to stone.

Sending him to space? Same end result since once he's free he just returns home.

Keeping him in the royal gardens? Serves as a reminder of who he is and how to beat him when he returns.

To paraphrase a fictional Eris "My body is just a lie I tell the world."
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Yawn.

Boffenspark, if you can somehow hear me, I would suggest that you spice up your weapons platform. Get a few galting beams or something. Being hit with the same blast of rainbows and sunshine is getting...boring. Send down what I would assume to be your dragon friend or perhapes tell your wife I kidnapped her sister or something.
    Ponythread RP: Wherein Silent Night's shadow moves on it's own.
    Spoiler
    Show

Is it always so noisey when you are around?
    It's enough to wake the dead!
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!

And so on.

Seriously though, was I supposed to call you? I can't think what I'd do that for, did you wish to arrange terms of surrender? Enter into a pact in return for profane artifacts? If it's merchandise related, you need to contact the Giftshop manager directly, that is not my department.

27. - Top - End - #717

I'd shoot you for using a deadly pun like that, but I'm too busy laughing. Here, have some more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Um, is this one in there by mista...

Oh.

Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Yawn.

Ponythread RP: Better Than Productivity
    Spoiler
    Show
    *sigh* I know, I know. The truth is, I've been trying to come up with new, more powerful, space-based weapons of supreme destruction, but somepony keeps refusing to fund my research.
    For the last time, the answer is no. The last thing Equestria needs is for you to have even more firepower than you do already.
    The good news is that I've had much more luck creating atomic supermonsters like the playful scamp that just mauled you, or this fellow right here;
    Spoiler
    Show

I've named him Fluffles.

My Homebrew

Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm not sure that Celestia even has the ability to send ponies to the moon. We know she did it using the Elements, but that doesn't mean she can without them. Twilight and friends used them to turn Discord to stone and brought back Luna, and I am sure they couldn't do that without them.

Also, if you send him to some distant corner of the world, there is no longer anyway to prevent him from being released by somepony with a grudge. Keeping him next to the castle allows Celestia and the guards to keep an eye on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

30. - Top - End - #720

Ponythread RP: Better Than Productivity
    Spoiler
    Show
    *sigh* I know, I know. The truth is, I've been trying to come up with new, more powerful, space-based weapons of supreme destruction, but somepony keeps refusing to fund my research.
    For the last time, the answer is no. The last thing Equestria needs is for you to have even more firepower than you do already.
    The good news is that I've had much more luck creating atomic supermonsters like the playful scamp that just mauled you, or this fellow right here;
    Spoiler
    Show

I've named him Fluffles.
    My Little Roleplay: Oh, the Fun we have had.
    Spoiler
    Show

Why, hello, my lady. I can only hope but remember the little centapony I suggested your Boffie to give to you? Please remember that kind act before
    you set that giant dragon thing on me oh gosh I should have gotten sunscreen today.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-08-16 at 09:52 PM.
    Show