New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Thus far, I think the only thing we can agree on is that the tag system as it exists on FimFiction is too broad and should probably be revised.
    Probably an issue of the majority of a tags contents redefining said tag in the minds of the populace. A log of what you guys are discussing is [grim] not [dark]. That old ficlet of big Mac dying, and the apple clan honoring him buy insuring his body? That's dark. It's also loving.
    Cupcakes? That's mostly grim, with a sprinkle of darkness from trying to be psychological.
    Thanqol's recent story about Rarity in Spike's dream? That's dark. It's not grim at all.
    Fillystata is dark in premise, grim in execution, but only slightly.

Dark is a tag which denotes revel and celebration of the less red/pink/white end of the spectrum. It is more thoughtful, brooding. Likely to take joy in sorrows. Gothic, one could say.

My Little Ponythread: The Elements of RP
    Spoiler
    Show

Heheheh, look at them go! I should have thought of this a long time ago.
    So, what are you going to do when your ninjas figure out he isn't full of muffins after all?
    Eh, I'll blame it on changelings feeding us bad intel and give them extra muffins in the break room.

Dammit, I knew we were forgetting something!
    Would you relax, the elements of harmony stopped the rampaging monster before it even reached Ponyville. You should really consider reading those intel reports I keep giving you.

*Meanwhile, in the ruins of Canterlot*
    OOK! *attempts to put Lucadore Mask in a submission hold*

Wonderful, instead of Silent Night deliberately inflicting atrocities upon Equestria, we’re now going to have your niece carelessly inflicting them.
    Don't worry, I've already portaled over my contingency plan to deal with this.
    Let me guess, your contingency plan consists of an OFC barrage, right?
    Don't be absurd, the filly's half fire-elemental, the OFC wouldn't have any appreciable effect on her. No, what this situation requires is the subtle, precise touch that you can only get using an atomic supermonster.

Spoiler
    Show

*sigh* I suppose I'll just have to stick with more mundane methods of making Silent Night suffer then. *opens portal above Silent Night's head, dumps swarm of carion beetles onto him*
    My headcanon is now that someone have Boffenspark an outdated textbook, and what he refers to as orbital friendship cannons are just low-orbit mass weapons platforms. His study of friendship energy keeps getting rejected by the Canterlot Board of Science because, well in-depth and ground breaking, the energy he has always called friendship energy is actually something else entirely. He is miffed that nopony will let him debunk all the ol science on friendship, and doesn't realize he is actually blazing new trails in unseen areas.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Wow, might be the first depiction I've seen of somepony more endowed than Fluttershy. AJ looks so awesome in that outfit too.
    This comment makes me sad for manga.

Mostly paraphrased some of the RPing done around here, that's its more role-play than discussion. What kind of questions get asked here, little dramas that crop up. You know, the usual stuff.
    She wagers I'm probably one of the oldest people on these threads based on what people "say".
    Hm. You were 36 last we asked, right?
    I think 28 was the average, not counting a few outliers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    *Wants*

Some pony t-shirts arrived in the mail for me today (along with an EQD satchelbag), yay!
    Sweet.

Hmm, crap. I seem to have made a mistake with that. I apoligise!

They did revise the difficulty tables for Season 2 after all. I'm guessing we'd be playing on standard difficulty settings, so they are broadly similar in terms of DC for a given task, it just extends higher for the Legendary pony side. (There is also the option to play on "hardcore" mode which raises DC at each tier ).

Looking at some of the examples given, I think some of those could belong in the next category up or down.

I think I'd treat them as guidelines more than gospel examples.

Spoiler
    Show
    10. Beyond Even Legendary Ponies; Discord Only.
    No Check Required; Impossible (Or 20 Only)
    Complete control over the environment, global manipulation, random day/night changes

9. Even Legendary Ponies Would Have Difficulty.
    Difficulty: 70
    Turning Discord to stone, banishing Nightmare Moon to the moon for a thousand years

8. Probably Only Legendary Ponies Could Do This.
    Difficulty: 50
    Raising and lowering the sun and moon, teleporting across a continent, instantly healing a plague.

7. Normal For Legendary Ponies, Hard For Anypony Else.
    Difficulty: 40
    Dispelling a mass enchantment, conjuring an unbreakable ward, creating a sonic rainboom

6. Even Special Ponies Would Have Difficulty.
    Difficulty: 30
    Talking down a dragon, complex aerial acrobatics, casting a difficult spell, hatching a dragon egg

5. Probably Only Special Ponies Could Do This.
    Difficulty: 20
    Inspiring a crowd with a speech, casting a new spell, out-flying a bird, painting a good portrait.

4. Normal For Special Ponies, Hard For Everyday Ponies.
    Difficulty: 15
    Making a pretty dress, casting an easy spell, bucking a tree, doing a complex dance move.

3. This Is A Pretty Basic Challenge For An Everyday Pony.
    Difficulty: 10
    Moving a cloud, caring for a pet, baking a cake, building a barn, drawing a horse-drawn
    carriage

2. This Might Challenge A Young Foal, But Nopony Else.
    Difficulty: 5 (Or No Check Required; Too Easy)
    Painting a wall, gathering flowers, making a sandwich, walking a pet, ironing clothes correctly

1. Anypony, Anywhere, Could Do This With Ease.
    No Check Required; Too Easy
    Walking, eating, looking at something, getting a book from a bookshelf, putting on clothes.
    Hm. I think I preferred the other system. Although this one looks like an easy eyeball chart for the same formula, taking into account the new friendship mechanic.

One of the mechanisms, I think special purpose, let's you add 1/2 your roll to itself, right? So if Starry rolls an 18, it counts as a 27 on the die + modifiers yes?

Mathematically, this may be a pretty swingy system. I'll have to look.

I am now simultaneously hoping that DD is interested, and trying to figure out the potential impacts of a mecha pony on the game
    Off the top of my head and without consideration for balance at all, I would say he can purchase unicorn and Pegasus specific "parts" at increased cost, and can use downtown to burn experience to switch out those parts. If he has pegasus wings, and he spends X experience to switch over to his telekinesomatic ray, the ray stays until the next time he switches it out.

Or I would encourage him to just be a Pegasus. He's now got lighter alloys and a streamlined frame. Either changling or Pegasus base... Oh changeling is AoH. Hmm.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thought for the day: the following season 2 episodes could have been plots by Trollestia to annoy all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Return of Harmony starts with Celestia taking a pick to the Discord statue to see what happens

Lesson Zero: When Twilight starts freaking out, Celestia just takes a 'wait and see' approach when Spike reaches out to see how far it would go

Luna Eclipsed: "Here's how to behave in public, pay attention Luna"

Sweet and Elite: Celestia decides to throw a few upper-crust ponies towards Rarity and record what she gets up to for comedy night

Family Appreciation Day: Let's see what happens when we plop some random ponies in a clearing right next to a Timberwolf den

Last Roundup: "No no, there's no ethical reasons you should oppose your princess' desire to take away all first-place finishes for Applejack."

H&H Day: Hey you know that potion that Celestia has every reason to know nearly destroyed Equestria? Better print that in all sorts of books

It's About Time: And now to create a stable time loop for my student to freak out about

MMMystery on the Friendship Express: Guess who the REAL cake-nommer was!

Canterlot Wedding: "Hey Crissy, I've got another boring formal event... could you do something to spice it up so my niece has a lot of memories of it?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

Could somepony give me an update on this whole roleplaying thingy? I kinda wanna join in...

EDIT: I just realized that I wrote "somepony" instead of "someone" or "somebody". Exactly how bad have ponies corrupted my mind now?
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-08-16 at 10:47 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

4. - Top - End - #724

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Could somepony give me an update on this whole roleplaying thingy? I kinda wanna join in...
    RP spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #725

EDIT: I just realized that I wrote "somepony" instead of "someone" or "somebody". Exactly how bad have ponies corrupted my mind now?
    Not bad.

Thoroughly, but not badly.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Facfiction reading update: I started reading Clockwork. Very good so far, and I'm only four chapters in. I'll be using this to entertain me in my lunch breaks!

Also read Friendship is Epic, by my friend Bramble Rose. A post-apocalyptic Dr. Whooves and Twilight adventure type thing. Incomplete, but very good so far. About as dark as I'll go in a story (implications of death, but nothing "on screen" as it were).

And now for pictures. Element of Image Dumps Power Go!

Oh, You!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops! My bad!

In celebration of the latest Dr. Who trailer:
    Spoiler
    Show

Derpy vs. Lyra, battle of the century.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ouch. Also, LOL.
    Spoiler
    Show

Something for Raz, methinks (large image)
    Spoiler
    Show

Imagination is Magic
    Spoiler
    Show

Princess gala dresses
    Spoiler
    Show

And finally, a beautiful Celestia at sunset picture. (large image)
    Spoiler
    Show
    These pictures are all excellent. For some reason I can't get the Lyra one to load all the way though. It keeps getting stuck on just her upper half pointing and the gyarados.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Fame, fame at last! Muahahahahahaha!
    Nice! Did you yourself make it on camera anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Unsure. You could have each trick be it's own skill, but you could also have "trick flying" as a skill so... In the RD doing tricks category, the games are about even.
    Eh, that wasn't really what I meant. You can always do anything in any system given adequate XP and optimization plus a little creativity. My question was more about how each system makes you think. Like, if you handed both Heroquest and Roleplaying is Magic to a total newbie, told them how to make a character, and then asked them to solve a challenge, would one system be more limiting than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Not RD, but still an item in a dangerously high level of wants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They managed to create a money-draining black hole in t-shirt form. That's cool I guess.

I dunno, I write somepony all the time. It's pretty standard around here, so I doubt you're too badly corrupted. Besides, no humans here anyway, only crazy superpowers an assorted ponies (and a few ponies that claim to be human because they're crazy).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Well I have found a highly amusing (if a tad saucy) fic called What Princesses Need.

It has the best Lunar Royal Guard ever. EVER. And until proven otherwise I shall consider it Head-canon
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

My headcanon is now that someone have Boffenspark an outdated textbook, and what he refers to as orbital friendship cannons are just low-orbit mass weapons platforms. His study of friendship energy keeps getting rejected by the Canterlot Board of Science because, well in-depth and ground breaking, the energy he has always called friendship energy is actually something else entirely. He is miffed that nopony will let him debunk all the ol science on friendship, and doesn't realize he is actually blazing new trails in unseen areas.
    I honestly have to say I find it rather flattering that somepony's developed headcannon related to my OC.

That also comes fairly close to my orginal concept for Professor Boffinspark as somepony that develops amazing creations, but doesn't fully understand how they actually work, and masks said lack of understanding with incomprehensible technobabble.

Let's see (this should be...interesting);
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silent Night was teleported from Bleakmane's ship/base/something to a cult base that had been ransacked by Professor Boffinspark's ninjas. However, Boffinspark had left several of his Derpy ninjas behind, and told them that Silent Night had muffins hidden inside his ribcage, as a result hilarity ensued (from Boffinspark's perspective anyway). Meanwhile, Silent Night's half fire-elemental daughter/Boffinspark's niece Charnel has apparently been appointed head of the cult, to which Boffinspark responded by sending a giant ice monster after her. Nightcore managed to fend it off, the end result of which being that she was promoted to co-cult leader by Charnel, and that the monster ended up being portaled to Silent Night. Following that and an obligtory OFC barrage, Silent Night managed to get Professor Boffinspark to admit he needs a new set of weapons (which Prince Regeln refuses to allow him funding for), so the Professor revealed that he's gotten into the business of creating giant atomic monsters, the latest one of which seems to terrify Silent Night.

Also, Igor is currently engaged in a luchadore wrestling match with Metal Luchadore Mask in the ruins of Canterlot.

In other words, it's complete ponysanity at its finest.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

silent night and boffinspark are at each others throats again. boff seems to have taken up sicking monsters on ponies.
    charnel, the little sister of boff's wife i think, has taken over the cult.

tiki snakes has some kind of shadow creature now. not sure what the deal is there.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

10. - Top - End - #730
    Banned

Which? BoffenNight over there? Or the game Blastech wants to run?

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    RP spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eyup.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I honestly have to say I find it rather flattering that somepony's developed headcannon related to my OC.

That also comes fairly close to my orginal concept for Professor Boffinspark as somepony that develops amazing creations, but doesn't fully understand how they actually work, and masks said lack of understanding with incomprehensible technobabble.
    That woul explain the shooting lasers at me when I debunked his technobabble then.

11. - Top - End - #731

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    silent night and boffinspark are at each others throats again. boff seems to have taken up sicking monsters on ponies.

tiki snakes has some kind of shadow creature now. not sure what the deal is there.
    Nope, Charnel is the reality-displaced hypothetical child of Silent and Infernia, a hug-happy firey fire elemenatal. Who is the younger sister of Boffensparks wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

off topic...non-pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    you know how someplaces have sandwiches named for famous people?
    somehow my mind got to thinkin about sandwiches named for Discworld characters...

The Vimes: BLT..2 varieties
    --Bachelor: LOTS of bacon, 2 tomato slices, 1 piece lettuce
    --Married: 3-4 varieties of lettuce, 6 tomato slices, 2 bacon slices

Foul Ol Ron: grilled limburger + another stinky cheese

Carrot: head cheese...just seems like something a dwarf came up with

Angua: BBQ Tri-tip

the Black Ribboner: Portabella Mushroom

the Cpl Nobbs: Scrapple...since no one really knows what it is 8)

the Sgt Colon: Fried Bologna..simple common meat for the simple common man

the Dibbler: a sausage sandwich

the Rincewind: some sort of chicken sandwich

Luggage Legs = hot wings

the Wee Free Men: a shrimp po`boy
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    off topic...non-pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    you know how someplaces have sandwiches named for famous people?
    somehow my mind got to thinkin about sandwiches named for Discworld characters...

The Vimes: BLT..2 varieties
    --Bachelor: LOTS of bacon, 2 tomato slices, 1 piece lettuce
    --Married: 3-4 varieties of lettuce, 6 tomato slices, 2 bacon slices

Foul Ol Ron: grilled limburger + another stinky cheese

Carrot: head cheese...just seems like something a dwarf came up with

Angua: BBQ Tri-tip

the Black Ribboner: Portabella Mushroom

the Cpl Nobbs: Scrapple...since no one really knows what it is 8)

the Sgt Colon: Fried Bologna..simple common meat for the simple common man

the Dibbler: a sausage sandwich

the Rincewind: some sort of chicken sandwich

Luggage Legs = hot wings

the Wee Free Men: a shrimp po`boy
    Naw, A Wee Free would be a bunch of quail eggs done Scottish style.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post

Well, I had to leave the Harmony behind during the dimension jump, so all I have are my pistol and my transdimensional marefriend companion Inkie. Anything I can do with that?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized that I wrote "somepony" instead of "someone" or "somebody". Exactly how bad have ponies corrupted my mind now?
    You haven't lived until you've used it aloud around those not yet part of the Herd.

Did that once, nopony noticed though which made things less awkward.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I had to leave the Harmony behind during the dimension jump, so all I have are my pistol and my transdimensional marefriend companion Inkie. Anything I can do with that?
    you can always bunk with me
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

17. - Top - End - #737

What happened to Stocking?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    What happened to Stocking?
    *looks at unmoving mass in corner*
    nuthin'
    >,>
    <,<
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I dunno, I write somepony all the time. It's pretty standard around here, so I doubt you're too badly corrupted. Besides, no humans here anyway, only crazy superpowers an assorted ponies (and a few ponies that claim to be human because they're crazy).
    I'm human, and I'm not crazy! Though considering I gave serious thought to an 8 hour drive and subjecting myself to a convention, I have to wonder how addicted to video games I am....

Though, to be honest, I'm starting to wonder if I'm a closet fan and I haven't realised it yet.

There are other shows that certainly interest me far more, but in this day and age of cartoons, My Little Pony does so many things right that I can forgive it for the sugar overdoses. The characters are entertaining without being mindless, and the gags are genuinely enjoyable without appealing to adhd. It's certainly not a bad show, and I'm willing to admit that about it.

Further more, at least as far as I can tell from you guys, the fan base is actually pretty cool. Furries still scare the hell out of me, and I'm going to shank anyone that comes up to me fully dressed in a horse suit, because what the hell else am I supposed to do, but overall you've all been entertaining and fun to be around.

I suppose, even if I haven't fully finished the first season, I've jumped from being aware of and trying to see what it's about, to having a bit of an understanding and a tolerance for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. And maybe somewhere inside, there is a little space in my heart for it. I suppose time will tell.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-17 at 02:07 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I'm human, and I'm not crazy! Though considering I gave serious thought to an 8 hour drive and subjecting myself to a convention, I have to wonder how addicted to video games I am....
    Sure you are. If you were a human, how could you type on a keyboard with your dexterous human fingers? Only a pony can do that!

There are other shows that certainly interest me far more, but in this day and age of cartoons, My Little Pony does so many things right that I can forgive it for the sugar and estrogen overdoses. The characters are entertaining without being mindless, and the gags are genuinely enjoyable without appealing to adhd. It's certainly not a bad show, and I'm willing to admit that about it.

Further more, at least as far as I can tell from you guys, the fan base is actually pretty cool. Furries still scare the hell out of me, and I'm going to shank anyone that comes up to me fully dressed in a horse suit, because what the hell else am I supposed to do, but overall you've all been entertaining and fun to be around.
    Part of the thread, part of the herd, part of the thread, part of the herd.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-08-17 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Sure you are. If you were a human, how could you type on a keyboard with your dexterous human fingers? Only a pony can do that!
    I use my thumbs, which also let me play Video Games far better than any of you Horses can.

God, don't do that. That's creepy as ****.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I use my thumbs, which also let me play Video Games far better than any of you Horses can.

I disagree. A human couldn't even hold this without hurting themselves on the sharp corners (BTW, I have no actual pretensions to being a pony. Just more funny that way.)

Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry. I won't do it in the future, I though I was being humorous

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I disagree. A human couldn't even hold this without hurting themselves on the sharp corners (BTW, I have no actual pretensions to being a pony. Just more funny that way.)

Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry. I won't do it in the future, I though I was being humorous
    ..... You made up for with that joke. I had to throw my head back and laugh at that one. I like imagening I'm my favorite characters or such, so I can't judge you for that.

And nah, It wasn't all you. I had my headphones on but nothing else was playing, and I suddenly started hearing "part of the crew... part of the ship"... and I about pissed myself. Yeah, you were fine, I was just caught off guard by suddenly hearing **** when I'm the only one awake.

Besides, how is a Pony supposed to use that? You'd crush it if you punched it on the floor or held it with one... hoove, is it? Besides, the buttons are too small for your huge hooves.

Not to mention this bad boy.

Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-17 at 02:22 AM.

24. - Top - End - #744

..... You made up for with that joke. I had to throw my head back and laugh at that one. I like imagening I'm my favorite characters or such, so I can't judge you for that.

And nah, It wasn't all you. I had my headphones on but nothing else was playing, and I suddenly started hearing "part of the crew... part of the ship"... and I about pissed myself. Yeah, you were fine, I was just caught off guard by suddenly hearing **** when I'm the only one awake.

Besides, how is a Pony supposed to use that? You'd crush it if you punched it on the floor or held it with one... hoove, is it? Besides, the buttons are too small for your huge hooves.

You know, I pity the pony attempting to play Paper Mario with that controler. A Pegusi could use there wing-tips, thl=o.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Think you can defeat me with logic, do you? As it so happens, I completely agree.

I assume that a pony controller would work kind of like this.

Or this:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Think you can defeat me with logic, do you? As it so happens, I completely agree.

I assume that a pony controller would work kind of like this.

Or this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I sure as heck enjoy using Logic. Even if something defies logic, it still acknowledges a Logic to defy. Even the insane have their own logic. It just doesn't match ours. Which can really be said about all sorts of differences in perspective, now can't it?

That Pony Controller, have fun using it on a Smart Phone or a Laptop.

And I'd like to see you execute a Quarter Circle Back Half Circle Forward in the middle of a combo with the ol' stick, and not break the damn thing over time, if not immediately. God, now I wish I could play the leaked version and get in a combo with Apple Jack...

I still give you a point for another laugh well earned.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And I'd like to see you execute a Quarter Circle Back Half Circle Forward in the middle of a combo with the ol' stick, and not break the damn thing over time, if not immediately. God, now I wish I could play the leaked version and get in a combo with Apple Jack...
    If I owned one, I would accept that challenge! But I don't spend money unless I have to, so I don't own one nor will I buy one (plus I suck at fighting games).

The only exception:
    Spoiler
    Show

So as you can imagine, I will lose this tournament
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-08-17 at 02:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Banned

Though, to be honest, I'm starting to wonder if I'm a closet fan and I haven't realised it yet.
    Let's be honest. If being a fan wasn't such a huge damn deal, with people choosing sides like Jacob and Edward at burger king, would you care a lik about whether you were a fan or not?

There are other shows that certainly interest me far more, but in this day and age of cartoons, My Little Pony does so many things right that I can forgive it for the sugar overdoses. The characters are entertaining without being mindless, and the gags are genuinely enjoyable without appealing to adhd. It's certainly not a bad show, and I'm willing to admit that about it.
    Certainly. "it's not the best show ever, but I like it" was pretty much how the first ten threads went. Eleven forward was all RP an guild scandal.

bolded: why?
    Otherwise, yeah, creepy suit people getting all personal space invadey I understand. Although the fursuits I have actually seen were pretty badass. Although the German Shepard whose mouth moved when it's wearer spoke was kinda... Creepy. Creepy would e the word. And also cool. But yeah.

I suppose, even if I haven't fully finished the first season, I've jumped from being aware of and trying to see what it's about, to having a bit of an understanding and a tolerance for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. And maybe somewhere inside, there is a little space in my heart for it. I suppose time will tell.
    *nod*

Pretty certain there's an actual difference between a pony and a horse. Or.... Oh! OOH! You're doing that thing where you assume that showing a dislike of something to the point I not being able to distinguish it from another thing is insulting. The one where casual disregard for someone and how they're present themselves proves your worth is greater than theirs. Yeah, sorry. We here in ponythread tend not to really acknowledge that as a worthwhile tactic.

But he didn't do anything. You did. Who clicks a YouTube link and then is surprised that sound is in their ears?

I disagree. A human couldn't even hold this without hurting themselves on the sharp corners

Spoiler
    Show
    God that thing sucked.

Organic robotics. Their hooves are like coffe grounds in a silicone vacuum sealed casing, the winged ones can use those as digits and unicorns have magic.

Nostalgia prevents me from Pointing out how actually terrible those controllers are.

Now dreamcast, that was a controller.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

God that thing sucked.
    My favorite part was having my hand cramp while trying to grab that last axe. Stupid Bowser, why couldn't he have made his levels shorter?

30. - Top - End - #750

My favorite part was having my hand cramp while trying to grab that last axe. Stupid Bowser, why couldn't he have made his levels shorter?
    Fool, turtle-dragon levels makes fingers strong like ox.
    Show