New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Wars!

1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Zombie Wars!

An young frightened man sat huddled next to an open fire, trying to gather his thoughts. He had seen Ramsus impale C'Nor on a stake with his own eyes yesterday, something only a villager would do. The undead tend to rip them to shreds with their bare hands or drain their blood with their fangs. C'Nor could have made an enemy of an mage or a cleric but then he would have likely been destroyed using arcane means. However, a lich was rumoured to be in residence at a nearby tower and surely would have discovered that Ramsus was a living soul and hence ideal for his experiments. By now, Ramsus had likely become one of them.

He stood up and set about preparing to enable him to set Ramsus's soul to rest.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hah! He doesn't have to save you! Take a +2 Frozen Newspaper to the face!" *WHAP*!

---

Before voting, I'm gonna see if anyone has anything to offer.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The lonely man surveyed the room, watching the other patrons getting their drinks. Some had Bloody Marys... Perhaps they were vampires. But that was wishful thinking. It was a fairly common drink around here. Through the window, he noticed a man standing on a roof. Was he ThePhantom?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

(grey mage)

Eric sighs, and starts to get out the long boards he took from the stairs onto the roof. Looks like he's going to have to get over there, and getting the boards over is always tricky, having one fall would be giving a route up to his roof.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

This is taking too long.

*Jumps off the roof and lands in a pile of the Mayor's financial records he placed there earlier, knowing how Dominic's moods often went.*

Shelter, at least the roof managed to provide that. Now what will you do?

Tom the Mime is probably someone you shouldn't trust, since no villager would risk voting first after Ramsus was revealed by doing so.
    The BareFoot Programmer

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Uh....revenge vote on Tom? *shrugs*

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Tom the Mime is probably someone you shouldn't trust, since no villager would risk voting first after Ramsus was revealed by doing so.
    I would if I thought people would follow it or some other logic enough that we wouldn't end up lynching on a single point. If my theory about Ramsus is right though, I'm not in trouble yet.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Penguinator
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

A man stumbles in half late and half drunk, well alright fully late and fully drunk.
    "S'Hey Robert * what!" he exclaims to an empty room before leaving by way of the window.

Walking over to a mail box he speaks again "Hey Rob* Robber* Robert Blackletter for ya* black letter for you robert" and falls to the ground already asleep.

((yep couldn't think of anything, and haven't read much but we hear there is role play going on so hope you can find a place for a drunk guy/mailman/tailor.))
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Dominic paused, suddenly realising he doesn't have any customers yet.

Hey, Drunk Dude! Yes, you, by the mailbox! Do you want some TigerFang? Exotic material that may or may not cure drunkenness! Oh, here it says that tiger fangs can treat a fever. Meh, fever, drunkenness, still some kind of head ailment... he shouted with his megaphone towards the dude on the floor that he spotted with his telescope, far, far below.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-09-06 at 04:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

"whoisdon'tknowi'msleeping,benotspeaknoiseface ." other mumbling and such happens as the man rolls over and a good bit of currency falls from his pockets. hey you better not take the money and shove that cure-all of yours down his throat he isn't paying you for anything.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Dominic, seeing the currency, makes a move down...and stops. He isn't supposed to leave his roof! He has a store to attend to! And Eric (who is still making his way across with planks) could be here any minute.

So...time to go fishing!

Dominic removes a fishing rod from the refrigerator, and shakes it a few times to defrost, before aiming the hook at the cash.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

a young man comes around the corner riding a bicycle
    gotta find a good spot to hide from the undead horde

Oooo, whats this?
    he scoops up the cash as he rides by
    SCORE!
    I wonder if this stuff is still worth anything? if so i shall treat me, myself, and I to something nice

..i wonder if anyone refers to themselves in plural? hmmm, Us, Ourselves, and We.... nahh, that just sounds silly
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

It has been a while since I've voted for otakuryoga.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Day 2 Ends

In the Village of Resurrection, fear was a common commodity. Fear and Paranoia. The Living feared the Unliving. The Unliving feared the Living. But what remained unspoken was that the Villagers of Resurrection often feared each other. Living on roofs placed a kind of separation between villagers, an unconscious manifestation of the understanding that if no one came close to you, then no one would stake and burn you. A frightened figure huddled close to a fire. No one joined him. A lonely man sat in the local pub eying its other patrons nervously. Strong drink and much of it seemed to fend off the anxiety for many of us. Of course, most of the villagers simply used the time-honored advice of staying inside and not going out. Nobody saw who lived in those houses. For all that anybody knew, those houses were empty. Certainly no one was going inside to find out!

Despite all these fears, a few intrepid... foolish daring... careless individuals idiots
    still struggled to bridge the gaps between neighbors. when they weren't yelling at each other

If such people didn't exist, then perhaps no one would've found the staked and burned corpse of Ramsus*.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ramsus was slain. He was staked and burned.

Night 2 Begins
    and ends in about 48 hours

*the Armageddon Corporation is not responsible for deaths resulting from the misuse of Pine Fresh Vampire stakes
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Night 2 Ends

Quote Originally Posted by The Nightly Chronicle*
    Several eye witnesses reported moving lights and moaning sounds coming from an abandoned building on the outskirts of the North side of the village.
    "It's haunted, I tell you! The ghosts are moving," said one witness who requested to remain anonymous saying, "If the dead find out it was me telling on 'em, I might be haunted next!"

The police were called in to investigate a report of our bodies lying in the street mumbling, but when they arrived on the scene nothing was found except several fish hooks attached to fishing line.

Several sighting of shambling forms were also reported last night and rumors are circulating that the number of Zombies in the area is growing. The leader of the Zombie Watch Force confirmed the rumors and added that citizens should be extra careful when roaming at night. He wouldn't confirm the existence of the "Woodcutter" (a popular local Myth) and remarked that "citizens need to do more than rely on masked vigilantes during a Zombie Apocalypse"
    *The Nightly Chronicle does not discriminate on the basis of Life or Undeath.

Day 3 Begins Now
    and Ends in about 48 Hours
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

17. - Top - End - #77

After taking careful time, Eric finishes placing the boards between his roof and Dominic's.

He then carefully walks across, staying out of the darkness to avoid being grue bait.

"Alright, are you going to behave yourself, Dominic?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Dominic stares at Eric uncomprehendingly, his jaw agape.

"What are you talking about? I'm always been a behaving part of this community! I sell wares! Wanna buy a T-shirt?" Dominic laughs as he hops over to his refrigerator and starts digging through.

"I got a -OWWW!- stupid fake teeth" he said as he flung a set of clockwork teeth that bit on his hand off the edge of the roof.

"I've got a set of voodoo dolls! Do you want to buy one?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

"Ooh, ooh, how much?" Eternis asked.
    My wife just left me for a travelling minstrel, and I want to get back at them both!

(Vesth to get a vote out there)
    Last edited by Eternis; 2012-09-10 at 02:58 AM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Could I please be killed/autolynched/replaced? This game is waaaay too complicated for me. There's all sorts of stuff happening and I have no idea what's going on. Seriously. One day I'm a pretty straightforward role, the next I've been mysteriously changed to something else, then I'm being targeted by strange powers and I have a feeling I need to do something, but I've no idea what exactly.
    I give up.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hey Dominic! You seem to keep an eye on who's around, even if you are a bit crazy. Have you seen a man with a Tiger Fang necklace or a permanently scowling man (The Grimmace). I haven't seen them and think they might have been turned into (thread) zombies. I wonder if our friendly neighbourhood masked vigilante can help. Or our resident grumpy mage. I haven't seen young Matt around either but I heard that he was trying to leave town."

The young man, Frederick, turns left to see the other person currently talking to Dominic. His face looks pale and green with loose flesh hanging off of it. He's a zombie. With all these threads hanging off of him. It's no wonder his wife just left him. Marking the sign of the cross on his chest, he sprinted towards the church to seek the advice of the priest regarding the new zombie, Eternis.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2012-09-09 at 07:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes! I know where they are! They're -"

Dominic started, before Frederick ran off to god knows where. Where the hell is he going? How did so many people get onto his rooftop? Wait, how did Frederick get off his rooftop?! Was he even on it? Was he an illusion? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

"Oh, yes! I have lots of voodoo dolls...
    Let's see...if your lady friend fat, medium or thin? What does the priest look like? Like this?"
    he said, pulling two voodoo dolls out of his refrigerator. One looked to be a ball, with four limbs and a head full of hair sticking out, and the other looked suspiciously like a doll of Slenderman.

"I have blank dolls too...but those cost extra..." he whispered to Frederick.

---

Matthias...just invest in roleplay then! Can't hurt. Much. Also, did Tom the Mime just claim that Eternis is a zombie? Or was that just roleplay?
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-09-09 at 08:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm claiming that all those The Grimmace, TigerFang, Matthias and Eternis are all thread zombies according to what was in the OP due to 2 game days of inactivity. I think it's meant to be similar to an autolynch mechanic but unless I've misinterpreted it, it keeps inactives potentially dangerous by giving them a zombie attack (don't know if it kills or turns the living) and requiring 2 kills to re-enter as their old role. I can see why a standard autolynch could have be difficult given the hidden resurrections and the dead frequently coming back to life but given the living killers haven't killed much yet, I'm assuming they haven't acted as they might have hit a villager. If they were going same today/tonight, I'd say to hit the thread zombies rather than not submitting a kill. If they've scried an undead or know of one, by all means target them instead. I'm not sure of all the implications of thread zombies but they sound more helpful to undead than the living (could just be the name influencing me). Made a decent rp intro anyway.

And Matthias, if you've got time, just wing it for now - I'm pretty sure everyone else is for the most part. Given zombification and resurrections being hidden (and the potential number of them) and the promotions, I doubt anyone (except maybe the starting cleric) is even sure who's alive right now, let alone their current teams. Combine this with victory requiring the complete obliteration of the other side, not just a majority for the wolves/undead, I think everyone will be confused by the end.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Auuugh, i hate loose threads hanging off of people.
    lets string up Eternis before we all start looking so disreputable.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

So, Eternis then?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

26. - Top - End - #86

Well, I didn't bring any cash with me, but would you like a sandwich? There's not so much food around.

Eric holds out a sandwich to Dominic.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The silent performer makes some sense and all voting for the same target will protect the innocent. Eternis shall fall Today, though the other thread zombies would best be left till we have heard from them again. There is, after all, little danger from shut-ins. Hmm, there seems to be a small error in these records. This couldn't possibly be proper financials.
    The BareFoot Programmer

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The man had been alone in the bar for what felt like an Eternis.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man previously sleeping by a mailbox pulls himself to his feet, over by the window he jumped out of the other day, noticing that his pockets are considerably lighter then the once were, and also empty. "Who took my clang metal give me stuff money." Climbing into the window and ups the stairs to the roof other muffled half screams can be heard from the man.

Finally on the roof, which had access to the apparently extensive pedestrian byways of the city/town/hovel whatever this lifted hole in the ground was, the man fell flat on his face once again out like a lamp filled with fake kerosene.

((Matthias cause he is asking for it, only reason for his game is for crazy stuffs to happen, so yeah.))

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gary Brown nervously huddles in a corner of his attic, cradling his trusty shotgun, Bessie.

C-C'mon, g-g-girl. They w-won't get us. I'll wait for an eterni(s)ty if I need to, but we'll make it through.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?