New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Zombie Wars!

1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: Zombie Wars!

... Is it just me, or has it been more than 24 hours.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

...You know the forums were down for three days, right?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Yeah. It had me really miffed.
    But it's been 6 days.

....Meh. He's doing the best he can. And I'm happy for that.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Night 8 Ends

Ghostly sounds of music float through the night in unsettling vibes. Do ghosts walk again to trouble the living and the undead?

It is an odd accompaniment to the continuing zombie apocalypse and the moans of the walking dead as they flood the streets. Morning arrives and yet another body is found gnawed and ripped. It was Grue Bait. He is barely recognized because no one much has seen him about. He is also vaguely recognized because he's half-eaten.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grue Bait was slain. He was gnawed and ripped.

Day 9 Begins
    and ends in about 48 hours*

*apologies for the delay in posting
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Is Eternis still alive?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The odd-pale-skinned man tapped into the microphone. He leered around, baring sharp fangs. "Good evening, this is your master speaking. There is no hope left. There is one left who stands against the undead hordes, and let's just say he's not coming to your rescue." He shook his head, grinning maliciously. "No, this man... Is a thread zombie!" Gasps were heard from the crowd, and snickers were heard from the back. "Not only is he a thread zombie, but I have control of his barely-living mind!" More gasps. A woman fainted, loudly. "Now, there is nothing left to do but sit back, relax, and watch as the town is destroyed." With that, he vanished into the night, allowing the few that were left the chance to discuss amongst themselves.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-10-08 at 08:22 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Eternis is being pointed at already and I don't want to thread zombie so...that I suppose.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Well, yes.
    BY THE WAY:
    There is now the possibility for there to be a lich. Enough time has elapsed.
    RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Gray Mage for voting for me first, although I think we're pretty much dead anyway.
    Man, I'm depressed this week.
    I wish I was still my original role. I might've been able to do something...
    Sniff.

Edit: I don't know whether or not there is one. Srsly. But, I mean, it's a lich. Who wouldn't want to be a lich?
    Last edited by Eternis; 2012-10-09 at 04:08 AM.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

9. - Top - End - #159

Beholder

Day 9 Ends

It was as grim day in Resurrection for the Living. There hadn't been a staking in far too long. More dead bodies were found every night. The surviving residents were starting to think that there weren't anymore Living people in Resurrection.

There were Vampire claims, Lich sightings, Evil Cackling in the shadows… No one dared to step forward and claim to be anything but undead. Was there still a living person out there hanging on by a thread?

As night fell on Resurrection it seemed that the end was now inevitable. The village was doomed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one was killed, staked, or burned

Night 9 Begins
    and ends in about 24 hours

Moderator Note: I'll be gone from Oct 12 to Oct 18.
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

we're all gonna die.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Eternis, you're not even town any more.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

He can playact town if he so desires.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Wish had entered as non-thread zombie... and that autolynch instead of thread zombie... but villagers seem screwed... and I'm dead...

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

... Okay, mr. Lick. If that's the way you want to play it.
    BRAINZ.
    BRAINZ.
    BRAINZ.

Edit: All I wanted to do was be a vampire that killed all the other vampires, then made a bunch of new vampires. But no. I became a thread zombie, then died, then civilian, then cleric, then mr. Licky over here screwed that up.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2012-10-11 at 05:16 AM.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

15. - Top - End - #165

Beholder

Night 9 Ends

The Village of Resurrection fell to the hordes of undead. The zombie known as Ramsus burst in upon the last living Villager who had not left his home for years. The old man wore a perpetual Grimmace on his face as he had long ago turnedinto a Thread Zombie. The Zombie known as Ramsus devoured his brain and secured the victory for the armies of undead.
    Braaiins!
    The Master Vampire Penguinator smiled as his intricate plans came together. Resurrection was now a haven for the armies of undead - a place that vampires could find refuge from the huntings of mortals.
    The Gray Lich also smiled as he unlocked the powers to becoming even more terrifying: a Demi-Lich. His conquest for power was successful and the Village of Resurrection was now a base of operations for his designs to gain even more power!

The Ghosts of the Living would moan and mourn but end had come. The tide of darkness had risen in Resurrection.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Grimmace was slain. He was devoured by a zombie.

GAME OVER

Player List has been updated

Congratulations to the undead army.
    Narrator Reflections:
    I think the scoring system may need more work, but there is no question that usourselves&we was racking up the zombie attacks at night!
    This game was difficult to keep track of because there was a lot going on behind the scenes with role actions and changing roles.
    I think the lynching of the High-Cleric pretty much destroyed team Living. It was really only a matter of time after that. It would have been nice to have some early kills from the Mage and the Woodcutter, but given that the Lich isn't so easily destroyed, that could've been unhealthy for the Cleric. The Rogue was nicely active early in the game, but went inactive later on despite having not found the Phylactery. Given that he was turned into a Vampire before being killed, it probably didn't make too much difference.

I think if I were to do this again, I would extend the length of time to Thread Zombie to three days. It seemed too easy for people to Thread Zombie even though it really did lend itself to the name of the game.

Questions:
    Did you enjoy this game?
    How can I change this game to be better?
    Would you play again?
    Last edited by Rules Lawyer #1; 2012-10-11 at 08:45 AM.
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I had fun with the rp and narrations but I think the mechanics need some more work. I'm not sure how much of the following is backed up with what happened with night actions (especially if some of the power roles were inactive) but this is just the impression I got.

I think it's safe to say that the lynch system just didn't work. I'm guessing it was originally restricted to vanilla villagers as a sort of dispersed power but what it mostly ended up doing was identifying confirmed villagers for the undead to turn and restricting conversation, especially after when starting villagers were promoted. Maybe just go for a normal voting system next time?

To have a reasonable chance of being able to kill the lich, it seems that you'd need a reasonable amount of coordination between villagers so that people don't all become the same thing and a game with frequent turning doesn't seem to help with that. I'm not sure but maybe a couple of small mason cells for starting villagers could help or choosing between kill or 50% chance of turning could help this? I'd be interested to see what promotions were chosen by the villagers who survived three days.

I think a bit more info in the announcements would be good as well, such as saying if someone was turned or raised (but not saying who). It felt like it was much more blind than usual without even knowing how many people were alive.

I might play again if some of the problems were fixed but it depends how it looks afterwards.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The lich should have a kill, rather than creating zombies. The living start with three kills and the dead get two+ converts per night. This means the living have to have perfect accuracy across three kills to lessen the undead numbers, so long as the undead are coordinated. After the first night, the only unknown undead to those doing the conversions should be the vampires (the lich has no reason not to reveal himself to his targets), which can't reasonably last long.

If the living lose the woodcutter or the mage (easily identifiable) then the dead will win unless the single Rogue survives, finds the phylactery, passes it to the high cleric (can't risk outing the mage) and the lich can be positively identified. This is far too unlikely.

The mage should not be allowed to become a lich. It didn't happen this game, but as cleric I would not have claimed with active night killers, for fear of an undead sympathizing mage.
    The BareFoot Programmer

18. - Top - End - #168
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Entered game as Thread Zombie Woodcutter... realized town was screwed unless could undo Thread Zombie. Died before that. If had entered as just Woodcutter, would have done more...

My opinion: get rid of Thread Zombie. May seem like good idea, but gives reason for Undead not to post/lynch. They get extra kills, town are outed. But also don't out selves and can't be killed w/o village becoming thread zombie or village who lynches them gets killed. Village can't avoid thread zombie without being lynched... Autolynch is better imo.

High Cleric getting accidentally linched was horrible and marked Town's eventual defeat. That's just annoying rule...

From beginning, thought it strange that Mage could become Lich when no undead could become Village power role. Seemed unbalanced toward Undead and can't recall if got around to mentioning that. Maybe change so more cycle b/w alignments vs. abundance of turning into Undead? No Village can return if no Clerics, while Undead always have zombie kill/convert. And ghosts aren't pro-town unless theres Cleric around... seems biased against Town.

Also when role evolves after 9 days but game never reaches tenth dya, seems like game length issues. 3 days for village to gain roles when rezzed = too long with rate of killing. Village can't get Arch-Mage, adn no starting village can be High Cleric. Potential of death before lasting 3 days is huge for village. Undead... not as much, since killing village adds to undead but not vice versa.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, my enjoyment or not had absolutely nothing to do with the rules.

The rules were large and complicated and clearly established there were teams. I came in as a villager so, I pulled a Lex and decided not to read the rules until day 2 assuming I lived that long. I did not. Then way later, I was brought back to life. I asked people to tell me what was going on but, nobody did so I just did what the good guys told me to do. Then I got turned into a zombie. So I did what the evil guys told me to do. At no point did I really have a clear idea of what had happened in the game aside that undead were clearly winning by the time I joined them.

I don't really feel like I won because it didn't require any understanding of what was going on for me to do so. So, really to me it's just a win for Penguinator and Gray Mage and &we I guess since it seemed like they had actually made choices.

Again, this isn't Rules Lawyer's fault in any way. It was just bad circumstances for me dying before I had a chance to try to do anything meaningful and coming back when it was too late for me to make choices.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

1: Yes
    2: Have more early townie roles, and more players. Also, the thread zombie thing noted by the count. However, I think that all the conversions should take as long as the vampire one, but shorten it to two days.

If there had been a 6-1 town-dead ratio, it might've been better, because there's currently an obvious bias against town.

3: Yes, but only if you update the things or have more players.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground

I had fun, but there was two problems.
    One, there wasn't enough people for this kind of game to work well.
    Two, don't have the role of thead zombie. You don't give the nonposters a kill, you autolynch them. With them getting a kill, it was better to not post then to post, and that ruins the game.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    My opinion: get rid of Thread Zombie. May seem like good idea, but gives reason for Undead not to post/lynch. They get extra kills, town are outed. But also don't out selves and can't be killed w/o village becoming thread zombie or village who lynches them gets killed. Village can't avoid thread zombie without being lynched... Autolynch is better imo.
    No, the thread zombie doesn't give the undead a reason not to post. Not having your votes count gives the undead a reason not to post.

I don't know about the others, but I was worried about going thread zombie, so I would come up with something stupid every couple days and just post. At the end, I tried to look as town as possible, but you'll notice I never voted, and that should, had there been townies available, have been a dead giveaway.

With that being said, Undead being unable to vote wasn't a good thing. Thread Zombies in general weren't a good thing. Really, there were several problems, but I can't say inactivity didn't factor in.

If the High Cleric had still been alive, I would have been much more concerned. It's hard to get a good read on how the game should have gone since the High Cleric was immediately lynched.

So thank you, C'Nor, for the win. Don't know if we could have done it without you.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    So thank you, C'Nor, for the win. Don't know if we could have done it without you.
    You're welcome. And hey, at least I did something memorable, right? I'm not quite up to the level that Ramsus was when he convinced Town not to lynch him as a confirmed wolf because they took his word he was immune, but still...

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    You're welcome. And hey, at least I did something memorable, right? I'm not quite up to the level that Ramsus was when he convinced Town not to lynch him as a confirmed wolf because they took his word he was immune, but still...
    Bwahaha. That was one of my top two best games. And I still can't believe I got away with either of those things.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Bwahaha. That was one of my top two best games. And I still can't believe I got away with either of those things.
    Neither can I. I think everyone must have been concussed from the wards exploding or something. I mean, I could sort of see it that day, since, y'know, they did have another confirmed wolf to lynch, so why risk it then, but to not even try after that, even with night kills after I'd confirmed that suits of armor had a cumulative chance to break (not that that would have done them any good, mind, but they were believing you enough to not bother trying to lynch you, and they didn't know that)...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Fae was great. I convinced the Seer I was a neutral on the first day when I'd been scried wolf, etc. etc.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #177

Beholder

Thanks for all of the great feedback!
    If I run this again, I'll definitely be changing things.
    Probably I'll shorten the time to role upgrades to two days and lengthen the time to thread zombie to three days - and weaken the Thread Zombie attack.
    I'll change it to announce zombies. I have to think about how I would change the lynch mechanic. Obviously it didn't work at all this game. I guess next time I ought to give everybody a torch to go with their complementary stake
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012