New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Inquisitor Feat Selection

I'm trying to figure out the best feat to take at level 7 for my tengu archery inquisitor. His strategy is to use Bane to do damage and spam arrows. Other than that he can intimidate and bluff better than anyone in the party. My current feats are:
    1. PBS
    3. Rapid Shot
    5. Precise Shot
    7. ???

Should I take weapon focus (longbow) to get into the snap shot chain or is there a better option I'm overlooking?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Inquisitor Feat Selection

Deadly aim. Probably don't want to use it with your Bane, but it will definitely up your damage when you've used up those 7 rounds.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-08-12 at 07:05 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaakon View Post
    Deadly aim. Probably don't want to use it with your Bane, but it will definitely up your damage when you've used up those 7 rounds.
    Why not use it with Bane? It increases your enhancement bonus against those foes by +2, meaning until BAB +8, it'll take care of your to-hit penalty from Deadly Aim. Deadly Aim is what makes archers so brutal in PF.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Why not use it with Bane? It increases your enhancement bonus against those foes by +2, meaning until BAB +8, it'll take care of your to-hit penalty from Deadly Aim. Deadly Aim is what makes archers so brutal in PF.
    Presumably you'd already be using that bane bonus to offset rapid shot. Whether you want to use deadly aim on top of that is going to depend on the specifics of the encounter.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Assuming I do take Deadly Aim at 7, and then Many Shot at 9, where do I go from there? Level 11 seems pretty high for pre-reqs.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Normally I'd say clustered shots for an archery build, but the smiting judgement and the extra +2 from bane will nullify most DR. It might still be the choice if you find yourself facing off against opponents with typeless DR.

Otherwise, I'd probably go with Hammer the Gap or Extended Bane.