New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Tide of Evil Rising (IC)

Polk's head tilts, considering Saerny's information and the messages it seems to contain. For such tiny mayflies, bipeds had incredibly complex communications systems. He smiles and moves closer to the norseman, the better to examine his beard. Beards were fascinating! What must it feel like to have hundreds of tiny spikes growing out of your face? She should really try turning into something with a beard next time.

"I...live with [APPROPRIATE RACIAL DESCRIPTIVE NAME HERE] tribe to the north. It is a beautiful place. The ratio of trees to people is significantly better thought out. The cod is very tasty. Olaf, what is your home like?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2012-08-17 at 10:19 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mailoc

Mailoc begins to make his way to the fire, slowing and then stopping as he hears the gossip in the tavern room. The fire could wait - if there was trouble about the city, he'd best learn as much as he could. He scans the room in vain for a friendly face, before deciding to make do with the conversation at the bar. He waits for a lull in the conversation, before seating himself and speaking. Has York not been spared the troubles that plague the rest of the land? I've heard little more than rumors; what's happened?
    There is the moral of all human tales;
    'Tis but the same rehearsal of the past.
    First freedom and then Glory - when that fails,
    Wealth, vice, corruption - barbarism at last.
    And History, with all her volumes vast,
    Hath but one page...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Pleasure? Is there? Kurn asks, startled. He places his palm face down, in formal greeting, and looks into her eyes. For a moment, all is still. Then the chatter of the crowd brings him round.

Oh.. well yes, by all means we should visit the fire. They're quite good at making wet things dry, you know. I could see if we can get some help there. But.. yes, I'd be happy to join you both. If.. if that's ok?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Menteith View Post
    Mailoc

Mailoc begins to make his way to the fire, slowing and then stopping as he hears the gossip in the tavern room. The fire could wait - if there was trouble about the city, he'd best learn as much as he could. He scans the room in vain for a friendly face, before deciding to make do with the conversation at the bar. He waits for a lull in the conversation, before seating himself and speaking. Has York not been spared the troubles that plague the rest of the land? I've heard little more than rumors; what's happened?
    The guardsman beside him glances over, taking in the heavy steel and the weapons and sensing a kindred soul. He takes a heavy glug of his ale before speaking to Mailoc. "Aye. Plenty of trouble there be I'm afraid. May Don set the fire of the gods in my piss if I'm lying." Taking another sip of his ale he continues, "Shadows at night, beggars going missing and the guards they be dying regularly. Some say the sewers, some say they come creeping out the noble disrict. Me... I say its the scum of Slough Feg that seep out and try and get us."

He looks up at Mailoc. "You look like you can be handling yourself in a fight. You wanting some work?"

Even as the heroes and travellors begin to settle in the rain intensifies outside the sound penetrating the heavy walls of the taverns - both the common and the fancy. The smell to those near the doors changing slightly as a sulphurous grave stench begins to creep in through the open windows leaving people wrinkling noses and pulling harder on their pipes.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #35

If I can help, I will. What do you have in mind?
    Hath but one page...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Olaf smiles at the teenage boy, not quite sure what to make of him. ”It is much colder there this time of year. While it sits along the North Sea, the oceans have carved out narrow bodies of water that go on for miles. Surrounded by hills and high peaks. During the summer these waters can be still as glass and reflect an image of the mountains around them. The fishing is better than you will find anywhere else, Cod, Herring, Halibut and many more varieties. As fall comes the waters turn into a rich blue before icing over. Olaf looks as if he is about to ask a question when the smell from outside catches him off guard. He blinks his eyes as to clear the water that rose with the stench. Looking at Saerny and Polk, ”That is unusual, normally a fresh rain washes away the smells of dirt ridden cities." Shifting to a window he looks outside, but does not break away enough from his new company to prevent the conversation from continuing.
    Last edited by Void; 2012-08-16 at 06:27 PM.
    Thank you Mr Saturn for the Avatar.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Menteith View Post
    If I can help, I will. What do you have in mind?
    The guard looks at Malloc tiredly. well me boy. Either join the guard or head out of town and wipe out these dammed monsters. Lord Jorvik has a bounty on them."

As he drinks the smell from outside wafts over to you slowly. The rotting stench slowly curdling your drinks as the guard paled. A whispered Bel preserve me. Not this again!

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Olaf smiles at the teenage boy, not quite sure what to make of him. ”It is much colder there this time of year. While it sits along the North Sea, the oceans have carved out narrow bodies of water that go on for miles. Surrounded by hills and high peaks. During the summer these waters can be still as glass and reflect an image of the mountains around them. The fishing is better than you will find anywhere else, Cod, Herring, Halibut and many more varieties. As fall comes the waters turn into a rich blue before icing over. Looking at Saerny and Polk, ”That is unusual, normally a fresh rain washes away the smells of dirt ridden cities." Shifting to a window he looks outside, but does not break away enough from his new company to prevent the conversation from continuing.
    Looking outside he can see thick fog oozing down the street like a living form. The heavy greenish vapours glowing with a dull green inner light. As you glance through the shutters you can see people scattering from the clouds path, but some that are too slow becoming ensnared by the copying mist.... Then the screaming begins. Screams of anguish that cut through the jovial inn leaving a sullen and scared silence as the chorus of screams outside grows...

8. - Top - End - #38

With a stunned look Olaf stands swiftly drawing his sword in the same motion. He says ”Trouble” before weaving past the crowd with speed and motion you would imagine in a nimble dancer not a man his size. As he steps to through the door he vanishes for a moment before reappearing. For those that follow Olaf through the portal notice the vanishing is re-occurring. Olaf evaluates the condition before he steps closer to what appears to be an insubstantial cloud.

Spoiler
    Show

Blink Activated

Check to see a substantial target with in the cloud,
    Spot Check:
    [roll]1d20+6[/roll]

Check to see if there is a way to break what is ensnaring the innocent folks,
    Spot Check:
    [roll]1d20+6[/roll]

If the guards follow outside with or behind Olaf, ”What is going on here?”. He states with a determined look on his face.

Added in Edit Sorry, dont know why the dice roller did not work. Feel free to roll for me table or with board roller if it is working again.
    Last edited by Void; 2012-08-22 at 10:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Mailoc forces his way through the crowd, heading for the door. He bursts out onto the street immediately behind Olaf, surveys the situation and quickly comes to a decision.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Depending on what's going on, Mailoc will take different actions.

- If there are multiple victims of the mist still alive, he will activate his Sacred Healing feat to grant all living creatures within 60ft Fast Healing 3 for 7 rounds, hoping that it'll buy him enough time to reach them or for them to get away.

- If he can only see/hear a single victim in the mist, he'll immediately enter it and attempt to carry them out.

- If there are no living victims that he can see/hear, and there is an overt physical threat (a creature that he can engage or an active spell effect) that he can see, he will cast Shield Other on Olaf and move to support him

- If none of the above conditions apply, he'll take a different action based on what he sees
    Last edited by Menteith; 2012-08-22 at 10:27 PM.
    Hath but one page...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

Michelle Easton

Following the lead of her traveling companions, the tiny halfling woman runs toward the door. As she moves, she focuses her detect thoughts cone on the approaching cloud, hoping to ferret out what waits within. Her size remains the same, but her features change. Her face loses the childlike innocence of the halflings, instead growing ever paler and more angular. In a matter of seconds, Adalia Three Trees is gone, replaced instead by one of the Dark Creepers that lurk in underground passages.

Spoiler
    Show
    Michelle moves to join the party, using her Change Shape ability to morph into a Dark Creeper (Fiend Folio) for small size and +2d6 to her sneak attack.

Initiative - (1d20+5)[12]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Kurn wears a puzzled frown on his face, but that doesn't make him move any more slowly. He reacts to the general rush for the door by following, drawing his charm-tangled longbow as he does so. He then takes station by the door, and peers into the gloom, trying to see what's out there.

Spoiler
    Show
    spot(1d20+20)[40]

Whoa!

Initiative rolled on OOC thread as 21.
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-08-23 at 12:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

The rolling yellowish cloud engulfs the stragglers and refugees that stood on the street. Where the mist touches a human it coils around them their flesh bubbling off in streamers of molten skin leaving yellowing bone and tattered slime beneath...

As the wave of fog rolls towards the fog a massive shadowy shape can be seen at its heart, the source of the foulness. Maggots, slime and pitted craters in street behind the wall of mist.

Only Kurn can see the creature within the mist...

Spoiler
    Show

The creature a being of such horror that his mind recoils in a primal terror...
    Even as the fog clou continues to fill the street the shape within halts - pausing as if surveying the creatures outside the Inn
    Spoiler
    Show

Kurn please make a DC 25 Will save or be shaken for (1d6)[6] rounds

To All
    Spoiler
    Show

You are outside the Inn, the road if ~20ft wide to the street that meets you and the creature is coming down a 15ft wide street.

The fog cloud is 30ft away and 20ft high and thick and toxic and yellow. The shape within the fog cloud is ~30ft tall, 15ft wide and 50ft away.

All PC's can havea round to act thenthe bad guy goes.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Saerny

The halfling looks confused at Olaf. "You mean it doesn't always smell like that?" When the screams start he realizes somethings wrong and takes his bow from his pack, quickly stringing it. Grabbing a fistful of short arrows from his quiver he knuckles three of them and lays them across his bow. He walks over to the window and hops up on a small table near it. Nudging the shutters open with his bow he takes a quick outside and curses in halfling, something about Fenrir and certain improbable anatomical properties of the savage god. He looks back at Silene and nods towards the street. "Something outside. Want to stay or leave?" He says as he glances back outside into the fog, bringing his bow up and sighting for a moment before letting all three arrows fly at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Combing a move with drawing his bow.
    Swift Action: Cast Swift Haste that lasts (1d4)[2] rounds
    Standard: Greater Manyshot at the shape in the mist.

Not sure what the creature is, so rolling Skirmish damage just in case.
    The arrows are a Force effect that automatically overcome damage reduction and suffer no miss chance versus incorporeal targets.

Initiative (1d20+7)[26]

Attack (1d20+16)[32]
    Damage (1d4+3)[5]
    Skirmish Damage (5d6+2)[19]

Attack (1d20+16)[20]
    Damage (1d4+3)[5]
    Skirmish Damage (5d6+2)[22]

Attack (1d20+16)[25]
    Damage (1d4+3)[6]
    Skirmish Damage (5d6+2)[22]

Saerny
    HP: 82/82
    AC: 34
    F/R/W: +13/+20/+10

Current Spells/Effects: Swift Haste, Improved Skirmish
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-08-23 at 03:14 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

14. - Top - End - #44

Mailoc moves to position himself between the shadowy figure and the rest of the group, readying himself and his gear with a practiced casualness that could only have come from years of experience. He murmurs a prayer as he runs, beseeching Bel to watch over and protect those who would stand against this evil.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions occur on Initiative 3
    Mailoc moves between Saerny and the creature, drawing his sword and activating his Animated shield as he moves. When he reaches the location, he will cast Mass Conviction, granting every friendly target outside of the inn a +3 moral bonus on all Saves for the next 70 minutes.

@Kurn; if you're making a save against Fear, remember that you'll have a +6 bonus if you were standing within 10ft of Mailoc due to his Aura of Courage (+4 Moral against Fear) and his Magic Circle against Evil (+2 Resistance bonus on effects created by Evil creatures....I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this being just might be Evil).
    Hath but one page...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show
    Including +4 for mailoc, but his magic circle doesn't help me, as I already have a resistance bonus.

Will save (1d20+18)[28]

Hurrah, a pass thanks to the mysterious stranger!
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-08-23 at 07:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Kurn stares, his mouth hanging open, then takes a shuddering breath.

Boris, is that thing some kind of demon?

Kurn sways slightly leaning on the door frame.

Ok, ok, we practiced this. Boris, what have you got for me?

After a moment's thought he shakes his head and nocks his longbow.

I don't think nibbling by weasels will cut it, Boris. No, nor angry bees. Well, keep thinking. Meanwhile, Stenchburn, Stormchilde, Cydorax, Muffins, you four are with me.

He draws the charm-laden bow, takes careful aim, and fires, and then fires again.

The two crackling arrows whizz away, curve neatly to avoid Olaf, and then curve back again in a broad arc to reach their target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating bracers of lightning as a swift action to boost damage

First arrow
    (1d20+13)[18] to hit for
    (d8+2)[6] cold iron magical peircing ghost touch damage and
    (d6)[1] acid damage and
    (d6)[4] electrcity damage

Second Arrow
    (1d20+8)[20] to hit for
    (d8+2)[5] cold iron magical peircing ghost touch damage and
    (d6)[2] acid damage and
    (d6)[6] electrcity damage

Whoops! Please add 1 to hit and damage to each arrow, due to point blank shot feat.

Both arrows ignore all concealment, cover, and intervening obstacles.
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-08-24 at 08:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Olaf remembers his days on the ship. There was one wizard who had the ability to cast emense gusts of wind to provide for greater mobility in combat. It made him think, "Does anyone here have the ability to cast a gust of wind to disperse the cloud?"

Olaf stands defensively reading to engage in combat as he wonders how lethal the cloud might be to him.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Silene & Polk

As the sounds from outside penetrate the tavern, Silene moves stiffly through the door, sliding her bow to hand as she does so. She peers into the mist, unable to make out exactly what's out there, but knowing that whatever it is, isn't friendly.

She hears Saerny's bow from the window, and lays a hand to her own bowstring. A ghostly arrow appears in her hand, just in time to be released into the fog. A second follows, then a third.

Spoiler
    Show
    Silene - double move to get outside, drawing her bow as she does so.

If it's acceptable that that's already happened, she'll unload a full attack sequence into the shape in the fog. Rolling miss chances for concealment etc - low is good.

Shot 1 attack: (1d20+19)[38] Damage: (1d6+2)[6] Miss chance: (1d100)[17] If target is a fiend, arrow counts as good-aligned and deals an additional (1d6)[4] damage.

Shot 2 attack: (1d20+14)[27] Damage: (1d6+2)[3] Miss chance: (1d100)[20] If target is a fiend, arrow counts as good-aligned and deals an additional (1d6)[3] damage.

Shot 3 attack: (1d20+9)[23] Damage: (1d6+2)[8] Miss chance: (1d100)[95] If target is a fiend, arrow counts as good-aligned and deals an additional (1d6)[1] damage.

Polk darts out, curious about what all the commotion is about. She is disappointed that her cloak doesn't billow behind him as she runs, since that's what she's heard that heroes' cloaks do. Mostly, it just seemed to flap damply. Ah, there was so much to learn!

"When I talked about the nasty spells of York, it wasn't really necessary to immediately provide a counter-example of significantly worse smells in order to make it seem better by comparison. Clever thinking, though!"

Peering into the fog, Polk got a sense of something big and significantly unpleasant, smelling of decay and nastiness. This seemed like something that shouldn't get any closer. Flexing one of her fingers, Polk allowed one of her magic sticks into her left hand. Fingers closed experimentally around the slender stick. This was easier than when she was using claws; that was useful information. Pointing the stick downwards in the fog, she blinked twice and hoped for the best.

"This is exhilarating. Are towns always this dangerous?"

"I'm not sure. Please be careful. Remember that you're not nearly so resilient in human form."

"I am of course ALWAYS careful."

Spoiler
    Show
    Polk should be able to identify the squares that the creature is in, using blindsense. She will use her wand of grease to slippify the ground under its feet. Reflex DC 11 to avoid falling immediately, balance DC 10 on its turn to move.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

19. - Top - End - #49

MIchelle Easton

The changeling woman sighs softly, pulls a potion from her pack, and drinks it down. As it spills down her throat, she smoothly fades from sight. "We have to surround it," her voice emanates near Mailoc's ear. "It seems you, me, and possibly Olaf will have to distract it to keep it from the others. On your mark."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: draw potion of Invisibility
    Standard action: drink potion.

At this point, Michelle should get the number of thinking minds within the cloud and the INT score of each thanks to her Detect Thoughts.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Arrows slam into the fog and a bellow of pain as crackling pain and green slime filled blood follow. The aura around the armoured man illuminates the heroes filling them with a sense of conviction.

Even as dozens of arrow lash into the cloud the cloud creeps closer now within some 15ft of the front of the Inn. The bodies within lying still as the molten vapours sear flesh and render the bodies down to bubbling wrekage.

The massive shape within pauses before bellowing in a vile tongue (the dark tongue of Slough Feg no less) and a vast wave of green virulent vomit splays out as the street and the street front are filled with the vile maggot ridden caustic substance. Several towns people nearby are caught by it and their bodies torn apart by the caustic vitrioloc stream as it lashes against all of the heroes....

Spoiler
    Show

Cloud of death moves 15ft closer
    Shape within the cloud doesnt move but unleashes a Cone of nastyness
    (12d6)[38] Acid damage Ref 22 for half plus a DC22 fort or sickened for [roll]2d6[roll] rounds

I think that with him being 5otf away and the spread of a 60ft cone it would get anyone who could see where he was

21. - Top - End - #51

Mailoc commands his shield to intercept the worst of the spray, but is still splattered with the vile excretion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save; (1d20+13)[27], and add an additional +2 Resistance bonus if the creature is Evil.
    Fortitude Save; (1d20+22)[27], and add an additional +2 Resistance bonus if the creature is Evil.

I believe that both Michelle & Kurn are within his Magic Circle aura as well, if the resistance bonus is relevant.
    Hath but one page...

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Unfortunately Kurn had been looking out when the wave struck, and is hit head on. He screams and staggers back as the acid bites deep into flesh and doorframe alike, his body smoking. From behind the dubious security of the wall, his monologue continues in a ragged voice.

What's that? Well, yes, that would be perfect, except that it would require that someone was actually going to walk up to this thing and hit it with his actual body. Yes, or bite it, but we're using weapons, Boris, symbols of wood and steel. Noone's going to want to hit or bite that thing.

23. - Top - End - #53

Olaf raises his arms at shoulder level blades pointing toward the enemy. The look in his eyes is telling as he has decided to bring the fight to the demon even through the cloud of death. ”ulv’s ødeleggelse”, he shouts as he begins to move. His speed is staggering yet not direct. Those of the Celtic tribes may recognize his moves to be similar to their tribal war-dances. Each step is matched with a balanced swing of the arms and each swing of the arms is followed by an eerie wolf like howl from his sword splits the air. He closes into the cloud and upon the demon shape. As he becomes adjacent to the fiend his first set of strikes bite at the foe, each arm attacking from different direction before he continues his movement and attacks again. The series of attacks brings to mind images of a wolf packs assualt on a larger creature. This continues until he is behind the target either offering flanking to Mailoc or the back of the monster to the archers.

Spoiler
    Show

For those who speak Nosican Olaf shouted, ”Wolves Destruction”

Fort Save From Condition Damage
    (1d20+20)[21]

Attack Rolls-Miss Chance-Damage
    (1d20+21)[30] - (1d100)[94] - (1d6+8)[14]
    (1d20+21)[33] - (1d100)[18] - (1d6+8)[9] (Successful Reroll on Miss Chance)
    (1d20+16)[24] - (1d100)[21] - (1d6+8)[12]
    (1d20+16)[34] - (1d100)[27] - (1d6+8)[11] (x2 Damage, Crit Confirm)
    (1d20+11)[20] - (1d100)[45] - (1d6+8)[10]

Using 1-20 as miss on percent roll

Any miss rerolls or crit confirms will be added in OOC thread.

Blink is ended at the start of the movement and will be reactivated at the end.

Fort Save is assumed out of range of the protection spell.

Dervish Dance is Activated: (8 rounds)

HP: 92/101
    AC: 27
    Effects: Blink
    Last edited by Void; 2012-08-26 at 09:33 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

A heatbeat after Olaf rushes toward the creature, Mailoc follows. He runs with inhuman speed, with a nimbus of light gathering around his sword. As Olaf's final strike lands, Mailoc aims a savage blow toward the creature's head, light spilling from his blade.

Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude Save against the cloud; (1d20+24)[29]

As a free action, Mailoc activates his armor, granting him a round of Haste.

Mailoc attempts to Power Attack (-2 Penalty) and Smite the creature. To hit is (1d20+18)[33], damage is (2d4+9)[12] + (3d6+12)[22]. He will use the Seeking Smite option of his Awesome Smite to ignore all miss chances the creature may have. If the attack lands, he will activate his Sudden Stunning enchantment as a Swift action, forcing the creature to make a Reflex Save (DC22) or be stunned for (1d4+1)[3] rounds.

HP:84/103
    AC:27 (against Evil, 25 against other)
    Effects: Haste, Mass Conviction
    Hath but one page...

25. - Top - End - #55

Michelle Easton

The invisible spy deftly sidesteps the stream of vomit that spews forth from the creature's mouth. She focuses her mind on her detect thoughts ability as she draws closer to it, hoping that the creature would be vulnerable to it. However, in her experience such intelligent creatures were usually more strong-willed than others. What was the foul beast lingering within the cloud? More importantly, why was it here?

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: move 30 feet closer to the creature (now 20 ft away from Michelle), staying close to Mailoc if possible.
    Standard Action: concentrate on Detect Thoughts. Any mind in a 60 ft cone from Michelle (including the creature) must make a DC 20 Will save or she can read its surface thoughts.
    No action: If Michelle can see the creature within the cloud or detect its thoughts, she will try to identify the creature with an appropriate Knowledge check, boosted by Collector of Stories. I'm guessing by the description and picture that it's some sort of demon, so I'm going with a Knowledge: Planes check. If another is more appropriate, please substitute--Arcana and Local would be 4 higher, but all other checks to identify creature types would be the same. A result of 22 grants a +2 to all attacks and damage.
    Swift Action: If the creature fails its save and has 12 or fewer HD, Michelle will follow up with her Stun Thought Trick. The creature must make another DC 20 Will save or be stunned for 1 round.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex - (1d20+15)[28]
    Fortitude - (1d20+8)[13]
    Knowledge Planes - (1d20+8)[22]
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2012-08-27 at 07:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Silene & Polk

The little halfling warrior had been training with Polk to avoid the spray of her flames, and she did her best to put the same lessons to good use here, twisting out of the way of the awful spray. Resolute, she hobbles back a bit to get out of the way of the oncoming cloud, and fires a single shot at the shape in the midst of the repulsive mist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Silene Reflex (1d20+19)[38] & Fort: (1d20+18)[38]
    Move action: move 10' back out of the cloud.
    Standard action: single bowshot
    Attack: (1d20+19)[34] Force dmg: (1d6+2)[6] Additional dmg if it's a fiend: (1d6)[5] Miss chance in fog (low good): (1d100)[27]

Polk is fascinated. She's never seen anyone except dragons be able to spray things like that. Of course, all of the dragons she knows have significantly better hygiene, and the maggots are a significantly unwelcome addition to the effect. In the back of her mind, she wondered if, a week later, this fellow breathes flies instead, or if the insects are somehow held in the larval stage. How would she investigate something like that? She supposed that she could ask him. But it would be safer to approach him if she were in her own form.

She watched, amazed, as several of the other people in the inn dashed forward into the cloud in order to try to spear the nasty thing with various swords and suchlike. There was such valour in these people. Perhaps there was more to being a dashing young hero than getting the right sword and standing with a cloak draped around you just right. This bore further investigation.

Polk dashed into the cloud, and as the mist closed around the boy's form, it shifted in a moment. He leaned forward and pushed off with his legs, which suddenly seemed to want the descriptor 'hind'. Rather than falling forward onto his face, though, he seemed to rise slightly into the air, buoyed by leathery wings. His face was now distinctly un-human, and in fact had become a gleaming lizard.

"Silene, I take everything back about how York smells. This is a whole other level of magnitude of icky-smelly."

"Polk, what do you think you're doing? Get back here!"

"Oh, don't worry. I just have a couple of questions about flies."

Spoiler
    Show
    Polk reflex: (1d20+18)[26] (1d20+19)[28] Improved evasion may help with this.

Move action to go 30' into the cloud. Standard action to transform to her natural form.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Kurn

Kurn ducks behind the safety of the inn wall.

Boris!

Ok, ok, try this.

Give a spirit physical form? Seriously? Boris this had better not be just an attempt to pay back favours...

Lacking a better idea, Kurn closes his eyes, leans against the inn-room wall, and begins to chant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spontaneously casting summon nature's ally VI

hp22/60
    Last edited by Togo; 2012-08-28 at 12:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Emerging from the crowd of corrosive vomit the viking leaps full throated into the crowd of deadly vapours as he sees the full massive cleaver toting demon that was dwelling inside the vapours.

THe beast is massive and covered in heavy ropes of muscles and pustulent sores inflicted upon it by the touch of Slough Feg himself. THe skin splits leaking vile fluids, acid and slime onto the viking as he dances by...

Spoiler
    Show

You take (1d6)[1] acid from the spraying toxic blood

Coupled with the viking's dash into the vapours the shining Knight of the Southern Realms lashes out with a sword that turns into a bar of fire as it swings. THe fog itself repelling away from the young hero as the blade slams into its inhuman demonic form with an almighty crash shattering and liquifeying rotting flesh and bone.

A lone arrow streaks out of the dimness as the beast shakes it's head slightly as the invisible sneaking changeling opens a window into its mind- the window a terrying descent across the Planes into the worlds of demons and the darkness of the underworld of SLough Feg himself..

Spoiler
    Show

Touch of demonic Mind could Michelle please make a DC 20 will save or be dazed for 1 round.

At the edge of the crowd a nimble halfling backs off slightly - an arrow vanishing into the deadly cloud before Polk leaps into it and all can see the wide wings and reptillian form descend upon the demon!

Spoiler
    Show

Just a filler post summarising the actions this round until anyone esle wants to post.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Saerny

Saerny rolls off the table and crouches next to it as the disgusting vomit sprays through the open window. Peeking his head up he watches Olaf charge into the vile cloud. Can't get a shot from here. Hopping back onto the table Saerny slings his bow over his shoulder and jumps to grab the top windowsill, swinging out of the window and using his momentum to somersault above it. Not a tree but it'll do. Clinging onto the face of the building Saerny quickly clambers up to get a better view of the streets below.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double Move - Jump/Climb to the roof
    Acrobatics (1d20+22)[26]
    Athletics (1d20+16)[29]

His speed is 50ft and he's going to try Accelerated Climbing so he can climb get to the top in round (add +5 to the DC).
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

As the viking spins behind the demon his feet encounter the slime and filth left behind like some sort of filthy snail trail. The mixture sizzling on his boots and stinking like death warmed up.

Spoiler
    Show

It leaves a slime trail
    Don't fall over in it
    Tumble/acrobatics DC +2
    Also why he wasn't that fussed about the grease. He just slimed over it.

THe colossal demon- a being of devastating power and destruction looks around - 3 sets of mouths and teeth gnashing in excitment at the vitality of the prey surrounding it. With heavy cumbersome blows the scythe festonned with decaying matter and ages old blood lashes out again and again at Olaf, Mailoc and the now winged and majestic Polk...

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Olaf (1d20+23)[26]
    Damage Olaf (2d6+14)[19] + (1d6)[2] if good + Fort DC 23

Attack Mailoc (1d20+18)[31]
    Damage Olaf (2d6+14)[21] + (1d6)[1] if good + Fort DC 23

Attack Olaf (1d20+13)[16]
    Damage Olaf (2d6+14)[22] + (1d6)[3] if good + Fort DC 23

Bite attacks x 3 Vs Polk
    Bite 1(1d20+18)[34] Damage (2d8+6)[22] + poison DC 24 or (1d6)[1] strength

Bite 2(1d20+18)[35] Damage (2d8+6)[17] + poison DC 24 or (1d6)[2] strength

Bite 3(1d20+18)[21] Damage (2d8+6)[13] + poison DC 24 or (1d6)[4] strength