Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTA: XD02 game (IC)

Kira walks over to Josh, "It doesn't concern us. He's not dying and he has allies. We have more important work. Have you found any leads?" She ask.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-31 at 02:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Let me see...the leaders for team magma and aqua are named Archie and Maxie respectfully. That guy over there got attacked by trainer and his pokemon. He called the Cops and knocked him out cold.He points out Vale to Kira. Everyone thinks the news is reliable, so we should do or best not to be on it... and that's pretty much it. He says just so only Kira could hear him.

What about yourself? You already got yourself kind of involved in something. What are you going to do about it? He asks her
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-08-31 at 02:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Hey guys thanks again for your help but might I ask a favor we, meaning my pokemon and I took two captives and we think that maybe they know where those goons where going. whoever they are they we're behind the attack on Sean and I would like your help getting to the bottom of that. most of the people who attacked us got away and they should lead you to whoever attacked us." with that the doctors force you away from him claiming visiting time is up and some other bureaucratic tauros ****.
    PTA Character Sheets

DFRPG Vegas status update.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stress:
    Mental:[] []
    Physical: [] [] [] []
    Social: [] []
    Hunger: [] [] [] [] +
    Consequences:
    Mild:
    Moderate:
    Severe:
    Fate points:5
    Refresh: 4

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

'I'll see what I can do Wally, I have a few talents.' says Vale into Wally's mind as he's wheeled away.

'Gladys, can you hack into the system? Find out where those 2 are, and if possible get me in there with them. I'll find out what they know.'

The Rotom floated up out of the Pokegear, turned invisible, then phased into the receptions PC.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[18]
    on 11+, can read data from a computer
    on a 17+, can take control of the computer
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Congrats, you aren't the only one who defeated people." Kira said annoyed noting the grunt she had beat the hell out of, the pancaked pooch, and the houndor with the pokeball-shaped bruise.

She looks back to Josh as she leaves, "I had an old man sabatoge my efforts by picking a fight. After he lost he made sure the town was intimidated and I couldn't get much help. These grunts attacked, I warned them to leave me out of it, they attacked me, I crushed them." She says with a shrug, "But none of them had Shadow Pokemon or snaggers or anything that I saw marking them as Cipher." Kira pauses, "Nonetheless, when Cipher was in Orre they helped Snaggem, a criminal organization. Unless Cipher is changing their MO chances are they will approach this Team Aqua or Team Magma and try and recruit them by offering them snaggers and other items."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-31 at 03:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, sur- Hey! We're still talking!" He grumbles. Currie nuzzles her trainer. Oh! That may work... Wait, you're giving me that look... Oh Muk. You can't be serious.

Wally, can you hear this? My trainer is the man who helped you into the hospital. You talked to him about helping you?

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

Solara in Down Under by Group

Cain Treblinka in Ambitions Eshkigal

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"...Did we just get given a job, Talona?"
    He looks down at his nidorina, who shrugs and nods.
    "Huh...Well, guess I can't really refuse that, seeing as they need help."
    Thinking for a minute, he goes over to the last downed goon, and looks for a phone.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-31 at 03:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Vale:
    You get quick thank you before he's interupted by Currie. The your rotom reports to you that niether of the goons have been placed under the care of the hospital yet but that they are being seen to by multiple paramedics outside.

Luke:
    "this must be the espeon who was so helpful in the last battle yes I think that judging by the organization of this group the only way we, meaning the elite four can deal with them is all at once, but we don't even know where to hit and with Sean in a coma we have no clear leadership so I have a request for your trainer and his friends. If you could help track down the enemy's location they won't suspect such a small group of reletivly inexperienced trainers to be a treat. I'll send what assistance I can when I return to ever-grande but cause we don't want to alert the enemy to your mission it won't be much sorry.

Zeke:
    You locate the two goons outside still knocked out but being attended to by one of the paramedics. You find one of their phone lying on the ground not far from them and you check it for a home adress but find nothing what you do find is a text message that reads, rendezvous at the mauville game corner. But as soon as you read it the phone shorts out and all data is deleted.

Kira:
    (Sorry don't have anything to say to that sucks to be you :P)
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-08-31 at 05:47 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets

DFRPG Vegas status update.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stress:
    Mental:[] []
    Physical: [] [] [] []
    Social: [] []
    Hunger: [] [] [] [] +
    Consequences:
    Mild:
    Moderate:
    Severe:
    Fate points:5
    Refresh: 4

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Currie relays the message to her trainer. Thank you. We'll do our best. Do take it easy as you recover. Human Psychics tire a lot more easily than Pokémon Psychics. She is clearly teasing him slightly with the last remark, and with that she cuts the connection. She looks to Luke. He'll be fine. Just needs rest.. The duo walks back to find those who helped in the fight.

Luke gets himself and Leonardo patched up. Better not nag me about visiting after helping out Wally...

"Hey, Zeke, Karl and the young woman who helped us (my apologies, but I did not catch your name, Miss). Wally wanted us to do some work for him while he is here in the hospital. Might we move to a quieter location for discussion?"

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Still gotta get patched up, personally. Though I know where they're headed."
    He holds up the now dead phone.
    "Just before it fried, the phone said Mauville Game Corner."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Hearing someone talk to her Kira stops her chat with Josh and looks over her shoulder, "Kira, and it depends on the work, I came to Hoenn on a mission." She says, "But I'll come and at least talk." She says grabbing her hoverbike and moving it beside her as she follows the man.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-31 at 06:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good to know. Guess we know where to go."

"Didn't seem like we had much of an option, Kara. An Elite asks you to do a job for them, you do it, generally. I'll explain later. Guys, get patched up and meet at the bridge."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-31 at 06:25 PM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Kira ignores the mispronunciation of her name, it was irrelevant to her goals and mission and he could call her whatever he wanted. "One always has a choice, I don't work for the Elite. If it complies with my own goals, which I suspect it does, I'll help, but I'm here for a very important reason which takes precedence." She says calmly. "I'm patched up, so lead the way."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-31 at 06:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Foreigners were always so rude. Orre was the worst, but what do you expect with a region founded by criminals. Accent and general demeanor suggested that was where she was from. "I don't either, but imagine if your Wes or Michael asked something of you that was important, you would not say 'Not my problem.' The Elites rarely ask things of people, so I assume it is just as important as whatever your mission is. Or hopefully it does coincide with whatever you're doing." As they walk and the crowd thins, he turns to Kira. "What are you doing here anyways? Don't see a lot from Orre around here."

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Josh nods to agree with Kira. That did make a lot of sense...As he was trying to think of their next move while Kira gets into a debate with one of the people who assisted defending Wally. Why don't we hear them out Kira. There's no harm in hearing what they have to say. We'll decide then. Now isn't the time to get into a another fight. He then looks towards the man talking with Kira. If you would be kind enough to lead on sir so we can continue the debate else where.Come on Axew. The pokemon walks besides him and looks from him to Kira and back again.

Josh gives it look as if to say later. The Axew then continues to walk beside them.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

'Josh, you may want to tell your friend to be in less hasty in her actions. Just because she is healed, not all of us are. Wait for everyone, and I'll help you. And from what Josh has said, and what has just happened to Wally, you'll need all the help we can get.' He looks at her, trying to get a read off her, see if she was as rash as she seemed to be. 'Please, just wait a moment. I can help.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"I didn't say they couldn't heal up, Josh." Kira said glancing at him, "He said get patched up and meet him at the bridge, since I'm patched up I figured I'd go to the bridge with him and wait there. And I already said that I'd hear him out, Josh." She says before looking back at Luke.

"It depends." She says in response to his comment about Wes and Michael, "Life is about priorities, I have no problem helping people, but you have to weigh what is more useful. If someone was going to be killed and Michael asked me to bring some water to a thirsty child I would pick to stop the gun shot first. If someone was under attack and Wes asked me to pick up some food for an orphanage I would help the person under attack first. That isn't to say I don't like to help, so much as it is to say it is all about priorities. I'm not saying 'Not my problem' so much as I am saying 'priorities'." She states crossing her arms, "And since you somehow know so much about Orre, to answer your question Shadow Pokemon are coming to Hoenn. Once shadow pokemon start spreading its hard to stop them. Purifying every shadow is much harder than stopping the shadowfication process from happening. I've pursued members of a criminal organization here in an attempt to stop them." She states, "Which is why I think our goals will connect. I suspect Wally wants this gang looked into and while they didn't have shadows Cipher's MO is working with a local gang and then using them, thus it is the only current lead. However, I need to here out this request from this 'Wally' as you call him before I can judge."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-31 at 07:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I'm sure you can Vale. It just hard for Kira and myself to trust people out of the blue. Our Life style kind of made us that way. He sighs and continues
    It's not easy being us... doing the things we have done. It takes a serious toll after a while. I don't expect you to understand, what that's like. Not many people do. Just remember when it comes to Kira... actions speak louder than words.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Before we split or get too caught up in this, if we're in on this together, we may want to be able to call each other."
    Zeke holds up his phone.
    "I haven't heard of shadow pokemon, personally. Who's Cipher, anyway?"

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Long story," She says, "I'll go into that once we are all talking at the bridge. To sum it up Cipher is a criminal organization that corrupts pokemon into shadow pokemon. Shadow Pokemon are killing machines filled with hate and darkness. Think feral pokemon, only much worse." She says trying to give a quick summary while she shoots Josh a glare, before smacking him in the back of the head, "You're doing that being stupid and emo thing again." She says annoyed. The smack wasn't hard enough to inflict injury, just a 'knock it off' slap. With that out of the way she starts giving out her number. Even if she didn't end up working with them it wouldn't hurt, "Even if we don't work together call this number if you come across strange pokemon more hostile or violent than normal."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-31 at 07:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

"Fair enough. You know, if you presented things far less aggressively, you might actually get more aid in your search. I only remember a bit from when I was younger.

Anyways, Wally is one of the Elite Four members here. Not really sure what your political structure is back home, so I can't really compare his role to something. He's one of our leaders basically."
    Good, almost nobody around now.

"Wally thinks the people that attacked him are connected to the attack on Sean, our Champion. He wants us to try and do some tracking down on them. Thanks to Zeke, we found out that they were supposed to meet someone in Mauville. If you think they are connected to the people you're looking for, this might be helpful for you." He takes a seat on a bench and lets Currie climb onto his lap.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"I have no other leads at the moment." Kira says with a shrug, "Leaders exist to provide guidance, not enforce servitude." She states, "So he can be a leader, but that doesn't mean you are a robot to his will. It's all about agreeing something is for a good cause. Blindly following a leader is how criminal organizations start." She nods, "Now, I'm not saying that is happening here. Just saying that 'He is a leader we need to listen' is a bad mindset." She glances around, "So then, once everyone is ready we can head to this Mauville place and investigate things there. How far is it?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well obviously within reason. And not mindless obedience. He has proven to be a good leader, as has Sean, so we tend to listen.

Well you used to have to take a really nasty wilderness trail and take a rest in Foretree half way through. It sucked and the weather made the trail dangerous a lot of the time, so a bridge was finally put in to make travel there safer and faster. You seem to have a method of travel, but the rest of us aren't so lucky. Unless you can pull another vehicle out of your pocket, we're stuck walking or finding a bus or something."

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Eh, depends really." She says, "It is more the money to buy parts and supplies. I can build one but it would still take time to gather supplies, piece it together, and the technology is pretty advanced even for something simple. Walking would probably be best. Though I could take one person there, fly back, meet part-way and slowly convey whoever is coming. It'd be slow, but it'd save a little time." She says with a shrug.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-31 at 08:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Once Vale is all healed up, he talks to Gladys. Good going, now do me one last thing. Copy the contact details of Wally AND the two goons. I want to know who they have as a contact, and having the number of another Elite 4 may be helpful, unless Wally has his mother or something. Then email yourself back to my Pokegear.

'Okay, I'm feeling better. If your friend is impressed by actions, we'd better get to it, eh? You can tell me some on the way there.'

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I'll tell what I can... but as for our pasts... they stay in the past. With that in mind what do wish to know.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

'Well, explaining why 2 people with no authority think they can take on a criminal organisation on their own is a good start. I mean honestly, why not contact the Rangers? Or if they re as bad as you say, get some authorization from your governments saying what you are doing. Right now, it looks like you are 2 conspiracy theorists chasing shadows. If I didn't have .... a good reason for trusting your words, I'd think you were crazy. See where I'm coming from? This is NOT how we do things in Hoenn.'

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"I'll go get patched up while y'all work out details. Back in a little while, alright? Oh, name's Ezekiel, and this is my friend Karl. These are Talona and Walter."
    Once he gets healed, he gets to the bridge. There, he sends out his full team next.
    "Kord, Nikki, and a recent addition, Thalassa, as well. Pleasure to meet you all."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-31 at 09:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Stealing a pokemon is considered a criminal offense. No matter who does it. The law doesn't care that we are breaking the rules for a good reason we are still breaking the rules. We each had a very nasty experiences with Cipher and Team Snagem. Kira especially. Where we come from Team Snagem, and Cipher are as common to your Team magma and Team Aqua. Imagine yourself in my shoes. You are in a brand new place you have never been to before, talking about things no one has ever heard of, you would sound pretty crazy yourself. And you did all of this because you wanted to save Pokemon and trainers a like from feeling the pain that you have felt. I would think you were crazy as well.
    he pauses a moment for that to sink in.
    The only reason we came here to This "Hoenn" region is because Chipher and Team Snagem are trying to expand. We came here to stop them. Me and Kira only just got here today, we have no idea how stuff works in this "Hoenn" region. Until today I have never heard of the Elite four to tell you the truth. He pauses again to let it all sink in to both him and Vale. Josh knew they were terribly out manned, out gunned, out everything, but if he and Kira didn't try who would? The bottom line is this. I'm fairly certain that I can trust you and you seem to trust me. So let me ask you something... what's your story?I know you told me some of it earlier but I would like to hear the rest.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

'In Hoenn, we live a life of order. We live at one with nature, and dislike change. We respect and listen to our leaders, the Elite 4, the champion and the Gym Leaders. Two forces of chaos like you and your partner will find it hard here if you go about gung-ho like you would in Orre. So I'll stick with you and keep you out of trouble.'

'As for my past? I quit swimming because it was unfair.' He takes out the almost empty bottle of water Josh had given him, and tips it out. But instead of splashing against the ground, the water forms into a ball in mid air, then freezes itself. 'It's not fair to swim against other competitively if you can control water, is it? I'll tell you the rest when you tell me the rest of your story one day. Sound fair?' He leaves out the bit about reading minds for the time being. Until he was sure these two were on the up-and-up, he was going to play that card close to his chest..