New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Dave wakes up facing the ceiling "Dang it! Oh wait I fell asleep looking at that false alarm guys." says Dave to his pokemon in the room. he then looks at peach hmm... she's the weakest in the group, and the way things are going battling with her could be dangerous cause wilds, and those responsible are going to play for keeps. I need to come up with a safe way to make her strong enough to hold her own he then looks at the pouch of sling bullets hanging from his bag and gets an idea.

He quickly gets ready and collects his pokemon as nice as it is to let them get out and stretch things could go south at any time, and he couldn't keep an eye on everyone.

After unloading his camping gear and egg to save space He then heads to the training room with peach. He knows from weeding the garden back home that Shroomish can shoot some nasty spores out of the top but for peach the ability to do that hasn't appeared to have grown in yet so his idea is to toss a sling bullet back and forth with peach to help peaches "shooter" muscles grow in.

It starts slow at first with peach hoping in frustration trying to launch the bullet from its top. then a break through when peach lands hard enough that puff of air escapes from inside and the bullet fly's a few feet in to the air much to peaches surprise "good job peach do you think you can do it again?" peach nods and does it again sending the bullet a few feet into the air "your doing great do you think you can shoot it higher?" after a few tries peach sends it higher "awesome now send it towards me" and in no time Dave and peach are playing a game of catch with Dave pushing peach to shoot the bullet further and further. Dave then looks at the time and realises an hour has past "I think thats all the time we have for now but here" he lifts the little shroomish and places it on his shoulder "you can help me explore before we go meet with Joan you'd probably like the fresh air right" the shroomish nods and closes its feet around one of the back pack's should strap for stability.
    Spoiler
    Show
    training exp: (2d10)[13]X10X1
    Dave then goes across the street to the building Collin and Blake said the bomber escaped from (he munches a granola bar for breakfast on the way [-1 ration]). he hoped to find some gear and maybe some clues as to who the bombers are and where that particular bomber may have gone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    loot(and I guess wilds?)(1d100)[21](do I get stat bonuses from dex for loot?(cover more ground and sift through rubble faster))

in addition to the obvious stuff to look for like medical supplies, food, and scrap here are some areas of interest since there may not be time to search all the floors:
    • roof (clues, gear tossed from the mall explosion)
    • fire extinguisher box (3 guesses what I'm looking for here)
    • janitors closets (duct tape, rubber gloves, batteries,tools, etc...)
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-15 at 03:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Isonade seems to actually learn something from your personalized training and the attention makes her happy. (Training XP is validated). While you have time to kill before your meeting, you and Maia begin patrolling the streets. It's almost an hour later and you're heading towards the Arena when out of an alley two poisonous barbs fly out and sting Maia. They both hit, but the damage seems almost negligible. Following the barbs, two long, purple snakes slither out of the alley and are advancing on you.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 damage to Maia. Both opponents are only a couple meters away. Collin's turn, Maia's turn. No map really needed.

Blake:
    You take your bike and ride to the local museum. Along the way, Lux provides you enough light to see the extent of damages this far from the blast. Not a single building is untouched, most missing windows and some with collapsed walls or supports. Some light seems to be atop a hotel or two, but from so far below, you can make out no details. You soon arrive at the museum and find it locked. Lux doesn't see this as a problem and she goes through the door. Not in the style of Ganga, with breaking and noise, but like Varen would, quietly, invisibly. You wait for quite a while, fear flitting about the edges of your thoughts. After what feels like forever, you hear a soul piercing shriek and a window high above shatters. Out comes your ghostly candle pokemon and she has two items with her: a blue stone that looks water-worn and smooth, and a large, stone tooth. The latter must be some sort of fossil, but before you can really think about it, Lux urges you to get going, quickly! It's a rapid ride but soon you find yourself outside the Arena, panting slightly. You have a couple minutes before your meeting, so you sit and catch your breath.

Dave:
    Peach seems to learn a little of what's expected of her from your training and she seems proud of the improvement. (Training XP validated). You bring her along as you try exploring a nearby skyscraper, the same one that Blake and Dave previously chased that trainer up. You take your time, going through most floors at random, but not finding much. You eventually come to a room in higher floor with a broken window. On the table, surrounded by shattered glass, is a package of three apricorns: Red, Blue, and Black. You accept the good fortune and are about to leave when you trip over another package: three potions, still unopened. You collect your loot, but find nothing else in the building. You return to the Arena and find Blake sitting outside, folding his bike back into it's compact shape.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

"found some potions in there" points the direction of the office building as he hands Blake a potion "and from the looks of it they got blown all the way from the mall need less to say I'm a fan of the way this brands does their packaging. do you have any idea what Joan wants?"

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

"No idea, but thanks... I did check out the museum, myself. Found a Water Stone..." Blake says, taking the potion and stowing it in his pack along with the bike before showing first the element stone, then the stone tooth to Dave. "Also found this... I wonder if they have anyone around with the ability - and the equipment, of course - to try and recreate whatever this was?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

"maybe the lab if any one is still there but that may not be the best idea if you got that from the museum those 2 places are owned by the same company"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-15 at 04:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Collin:
    Isonade seems to actually learn something from your personalized training and the attention makes her happy. (Training XP is validated). While you have time to kill before your meeting, you and Maia begin patrolling the streets. It's almost an hour later and you're heading towards the Arena when out of an alley two poisonous barbs fly out and sting Maia. They both hit, but the damage seems almost negligible. Following the barbs, two long, purple snakes slither out of the alley and are advancing on you.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 damage to Maia. Both opponents are only a couple meters away. Collin's turn, Maia's turn. No map really needed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    just reminding you that rock/ground is 1/4 to poison. I assume you know, just double checking.

Collin will scan them and pick up a piece of rubble or nearby rock, whatever's handy.

Maia will curl up defensively and burrow just underground so they'll have to get closer to hit her.

Spoiler
    Show
    1m down, not closing the tunnel in after herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

Shrugging, Blake replies, "Perhaps. I was really just looking for anything we might be able to use - Lux grabbed the tooth." Putting the fossil away, he continues, "Besides, given the circumstances, they might be more willing to work with me."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    One snake travels down into the hole after Maia and it sounds like it tries to bite her. From the wicked shriek of rocks cracking, you can tell she was hit. The other snake pokemon circles the hole, glancing at you from time to time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maia got hit for 12 damage and is flinched. You have no line of sight anc can't recall her. The other snake isn't attacking this turn.
    Games GMed

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will throw his rock at the surface ekans and just have to trust Maia to be able to defend herself from the one burrowed with her.

ac 6 - (d20)[3]
    physical normal - (d10+7)[9]

With his shift action, Collin will send out Rhea and then command her to rollout the snake. ac 4 - (d20)[9] physical rock - (d10+17)[24]
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Collin's thrown stone remains ineffective, so he sends out his Sandshrew. The snake in the small tunnel seems to bite Maia again and the one circling above ground bites Rhea as well. The Sandshrew seems shocked at the ferocity of the bite and is unable to follow Collin's command.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maia gets hit for 12 Damage. Rhea gets hit for 18 Damage and is flinched. You have line of sight for Rhea, but not Maia. You can command Maia to attack because Rhea can't follow your commands.
    Games GMed

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Like it or not, I'm pulling the cheap shot.

Collin will switch out Rhea for Bastet and command Maia to burrow another 2m down, then go another 4m towards Collin, NOT leaving a tunnel behind. At the end of her move, she will curl up again.

Spoiler
    Show
    defense curl.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-17 at 12:36 AM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

For the time discrepancy, this means Collin commands Maia the turn earlier, Maia acts, then the new turn happens.

In the new turn, Collin swaps Rhea for Bastet, and commands Bastet to bite her foe.

ac 2, flinch on 15-20 - (d20)[14]
    physical dark - (2d10+18)[25]

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    You swap Rhea out for Bastet and the Meowth quickly bites into the circling snake. In return, it spits a poison sting into the cat, knocking it unconscious. The other snake pulls itself out of the hole and begins slithering off to your left, while the first snake slithers around to your right.

Spoiler
    Show
    Collin's turn again. Snakes are circling you. Bastet took 12 Damage, and because she's KO'd, she's not poisoned.
    Games GMed

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will throw his great ball at the injured one and pray for a capture.

(d%)[98]

Whether it does or not, he'll use his shift to bring out Ganga and command her to use Sand Tomb on the uninjured one. ac 4 - (d20)[5]
    physical ground - (d12+22)[29]. If it hits, that'll trap it for (d4+1)[2] turns and deal it d20 damage each turn.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Desperate times call for old fall backs. As Ganga comes barreling out of her ball she kicks up a veritable tomb of sand over the uninjured Ekans, knocking it out in one move. The injured one of the pair stares in shock as it's mate is taken out within seconds. It recovers enough to spit a poison sting at Collin, dealing some damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Collin gets hit for 13 Damage. One snake is KO'd. Other's taken a hit.
    Games GMed

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will throw a pokeball at it (d%+5)[77]

If the capture fails: "Ganga, good job there, but we'd like to gain this one as a friend. Don't attack it. In fact..." He stamps his foot.

Right on cue, Maia bursts to the surface and defensively curls right in front of it.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    This pokeball, like the great ball earlier, misses the snake and breaks. The Ekans seems to lose interest in Collin and it pounces on Ganga, sinking it's teeth in deeply. However, the Sandile seems fine, not at all shocked at the ferocity. Maia bursts through the ground, looking more solid and dense than before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pokeball breaks. So did that Great ball earlier, forgot to mention it. They're repairable, just unusable. Ganga takes 12 damage after defenses and resistances. She's not flinched.
    Games GMed

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will chuck another ball (d%+5)[9]

IF that one fails as well, Ganga will torment the ekans ac 2 - (d20)[11]. if hit, then it can't use a move it used in the past 2 turns for - (d4+2)[3]

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Third time's the charm. Or so they say. But it works for you as the pokeball absorbs the Ekans without a hint of a struggle. But as you're about to collect your 7th team member, the ball teleports away. The Box System has kicked in, it seems.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ekans, Level 10, Female, Adamant, Intimidate. 50% HP.

300 XP for both. Shared between Ganga, Maia, and Rhea.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-17 at 02:02 AM.
    Games GMed

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will pick up Coatlicue's ball for a moment to christen her before she vanishes into the box system.

He then will gather up the fragments of the great ball in hopes that Dave won't mind repairing it and store it in his backpack for now.

He'll call out Bastet and Rhea to see if they found anything off this battle.

(d20)[3] - Rhea
    (d20)[7] - Bastet

Whatever they are, even if they're just worthless junk, he'll stow them away and recall everyone but Ganga.

"Ganga, girl, you did very well there. You probably saved my life just then, and those of the rest of our team. You're getting so strong now. I am very grateful that you are with me." He has her accompany him the rest of the way to the arena.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Once Bastet is returned you notice that she was covering a battle enhancer, an X Attack, to be exact. Not to be shown up by the KO'd cat, Rhea hands you a strange disc like object. Checking it out closer you realize it's a flashlight cover and when placed over the end of flashlight it makes a colored image. Utterly useless except to please children, but there you go. Once everyone's packed away, and all your "loot" collected, you make your way back tot he Arena and find Blake and Dave sitting on the steps, chatting.

All Three:
    You enter the darkened entrance of the Arena, purposefully left dark so as not to attract attention and are greeted by a guard. "Hey guys, it's Ben here. Joan said to meet her in the box seats. Take a left and go up the stairs. Follow the signs, you can't miss it." The mental directions are accompanied with a quick run through of the route and you find yourselves having no trouble finding your leader.

Once inside, she says, "Well, we have power now. And not just Electricity, either. These people look up to us. They rely on us." She takes a deep breath and seems to consider her next words carefully. "Which is why I'm pissed off. There's not enough food to go around. Not for longer than a week. It's only day two right now and we've still got all the major categories covered, but soon stuff will start going bad. And then things will start going wrong."

She opens the blinds on a window and all three of you get a good look at the Arena below. Refugees are packed into the stands, each family taking up a small area and collectively setting up walls of fabric. The makeshift Kitchen has been moved and you can see lines leading into some meeting room and people leaving with cups of stew and bread rolls. There seems to be running water and the lines to the bathrooms are policed by one of the gym trainers whose name you don't know. The actual arena area, where Joan faced defeat just 24 hours ago, is covered in dirt. All the rocks seem to have ben moved to one end and the dirt seems well furrowed.

"We have set up an area for farming. Or at least growing plants. The children have banded together and promised to tend the gardens. We've even got a volunteer to offer her services to help the plants grow quicker and larger, once we get the plants. That's where you three come in. This city relied heavily on greenhouses long before the blast and there was a reason for that. They work. I need you three to go and collect seeds of varying kinds from some greenhouse or another. And if you can, a heat lamp would be great. Any questions?"

The Greenhouse Effect:
    Collect 5 different seeds or Berries.
    Collect an undamaged Heat lamp.
    Time: The sooner the better.
    Games GMed

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

"None that are pertinent to this mission. I just need to run by the box system really fast to make an exchange. Caught a new 'mon who should prove quite useful."

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

in response to Joan
    "Just two questions. first has anyone gotten around to reviving and trying to glean any information from that monferno we took off the dead bomber? And second if we run into other survivors should we tell them about the arena, keep it a secret, or use our best judgement?"

in responce to Collin
    "here" he hands Collin the 2 remaining potions "found them this morning in the office building where the other bomber got away. I wouldn't be surprised if grass types have taken shelter in the greenhouses so we are going to need what ever non-grounds you have to be on their feet"

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake thinks for a moment, before saying, "I would like to know if we have anyone that can do anything with recreating Pokemon from fossils, once we get more power to parts of the city. Nothing urgent, but maybe you'd be able to ask the survivors if anyone there knows how to do that kind of thing?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by passinglurker View Post
    in responce to Collin
    "here" he hands Collin the 2 remaining potions "found them this morning in the office building where the other bomber got away. I wouldn't be surprised if grass types have taken shelter in the greenhouses so we are going to need what ever non-grounds you have to be on their feet"
    "Thanks! Interestingly enough, she'll be quite effective against grassy types. There was a second one of this species, but it was difficult enough to get the first one that I didn't want to take a chance on the second."

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Luckily the extra power has allowed us to use one of the PC's in the staging area. It's where combatants can change their teams before events. The room is at either end of the Arena proper." Joan says. She thinks for a moment before answering Dave, "To my knowledge that is still being handled. Anna's been talking with it, but it keeps asking for it's master. Not knowing the fate of that master is one of her only advantages."

"I believe someone at the Lab may know more about fossils, but we haven't been able to contact anyone there yet. I'll let you know if that situation changes."
    Games GMed

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods at Joan, and says, "Much appreciated." Turning to the other members of his group, he releases Lux and says, "Lux here should be able to help out against any grass types we face - and I have Lyra as well. Just be careful with your team, Collin - unfortunately, you're going to be at something of a disadvantage." He makes his way over to the arena entrance, saying, "I'll wait for you guys to finish whatever you need to do."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave excuses himself "I'll meet you guy's in the lobby I have just one thing to do first" and goes looking for Vanessa to ask her if she could turn the apricorns he found into some pokeballs hopefully something better than just basic balls.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-17 at 08:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will go to the box and swap out Bastet for Coatlicue.

After that, he tracks down Dave and asks him privately, "Hey, uh, I had some trouble catching my ekans this morning, and my greatball broke. Can you fix it? I'd rather not let Joan know how badly the pair of snakes whipped me."

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave finds Vanessa with the generator, working on a control panel. When he explains what he wants done with the Apricorns she says, "I can make Basic balls out of these, but not much else. Even so, I won't have them ready till tomorrow. Lot's of work around here."
    Games GMed