New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1398
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Mueki tried very hard to not fall for it. She really did. She then got a firm expression on her face as looks at the pink Pokemon. "I'm not giving you the food unless you get in the ball, and that's... Wait, what are you eating?" It was at that point that she realized she had already handed the food to the puffball before she had even started speaking.

Mueki sighed dejectedly as she looked at the happily chewing Pokemon. "Please get in the ball... Please?" Borrowing a tactic from the Pokemon, she teared up slightly and stuck her lip out in a slight pout.

Charisma: (1d20+3)[9]
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, picking up the Pokeball for a moment before it vanishes into the PC system, and saying, Nicely done, Celeste. Let's see what the others are up to, shall we? With that, he and the Umbreon make their way back to the arena to see if there's anything needing to be done today.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave looks a little depressed now "And here I was hoping people would work together to survive instead of killing each other, well I'd best go and find some good pokemon to fight with we will probably need them" Dave then heads back out and walks the perimeter with noesy looking for mons to catch.

Spoiler
    Show
    wild(1d100)[100]

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    The pokémon finishes eating the food Mueki had given it, and happily jumps into her pokéball.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 12 Female Jigglypuff, Timid, Hustle

Dave:
    You search for a while, with little luck. Just as you are thinking about giving up on finding anything at all, you spot a small bird that kind of reminds you of Flappy resting in a nearby shrub.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time passes, bird isn't prepared for battle. Surprise round, should you fight it.

Blake:
    You help out random people at the arena for a couple of hours. Just before 9:00 AM, you hear that Joan has accepted a special gym challenge, and is allowing everyone to watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to get everyone to the same time for this. You don't have to watch Collin's 'battle', but either way, I'm going to stop with you until it starts.
    Last edited by Kairose; 2012-11-10 at 12:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki happily placed the ball at her belt, only to pout when it teleported to the PC system. Mueki shrugged and left to ask around about the possibility of some odd jobs with the possibility of earning money.

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if it is offscreen, I really need some cash to power my features. Even an answer about foraging for 'supplies' and using those for the features would be good.
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-11-11 at 07:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave scans it and keeps looking he needs fighters now not ones that need training.
    (1d100)[5]

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    Most people aren't accepting money for goods yet, so people are mildly surprised you want money for your help, but still pay you a reasonable amount for some random tasks. You earn ^500 by 9:00 AM, and hear about Joan accepting a special gym challenge, with everyone being invited to watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, you don't have to watch Collin's match, but from here I'll mostly stick with getting Dave caught up until it starts.

Dave:
    The Starly added to your pokédex, you continue your search, and notice a floating electrified thing next to a nearby electronic device that seems to have lost power along with the majority of the island. It seems to be staring at the device, and doesn't seem to notice you.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

Nosey mystified by the floating thing sniffs at it curiously while Dave opens with his signature "throw a ball first and get lucky" style by tossing a freshly repaired duskball with a powerful spin. he is banking on the possibility that this is an ergovore so he makes sure his flashlight is out on and visible so that if this doesn't work it will feel inclined to stay and fight for meal since it probably hasn't had one for two days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    curve ball damage 4
    capture (1d100-17)[6]

Noesy uses odor sleuth her normal moves can now hit ghosts

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave:
    Amazingly, the ball manages to grab the pokémon, and seal itself shut before it could break out, ending the battle before it even began. After all of your searching, the time is now 9:00 AM. A passing refugee spots you and informs you of a special challenge Joan has set up for everyone to watch, before heading towards the gym to watch it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 15 Genderless Rotom, Jolly, Levitate

Collin's challenge should start in my next post. Head to the gym if you want to watch, otherwise do whatever.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Checking the time, Blake decides to head over to the gym and see what's going on.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ettin in the Playground

After the ball is teleported away Dave will take a look at what the Rotom was looking at to see if its worth salvaging before heading to the gym.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki despairs, knowing supplies were limited. She has no great love for battling, and decides not to watch the challenge. Instead she decides to train her Weedle, the first real time she had interacted with it since she caught it.

She kneels down in front of the released Weedle, smiling. "Okay Dokumi, I know I haven't really been using you, but let's have some fun okay?" She releases Matowaritsuku and has the stronger Poison Type instruct Dokumi in the finer points of Poison Sting, the two competing in target challenges and such. Mato does very little, not really training, while the Weedle gets the most of Mueki's direct attention.

Dokumi's Training:(2d10*20)[200]
    I am only training for one hour since I doubt the challenge will last longer then that.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

Collin is ready for the challenge, wondering what the exact nature of this challenge will be.

Spoiler
    Show
    um... calling for a gm check...

do we still have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the wait, stuff got in the way.

Dave:
    The device the Rotom was interested in seems to be a now-defunct control panel of some sort. It has no power, and shows no signs of having power since the bombing.

Mueki:
    Training validated.

Collin (and watchers):
    When you get to the battle room, you see a large maze set up, filling most of the room, save viewing areas, with Joan waiting on a raised platform above where she would battle from in a normal challenge. "Thank you, everyone, for coming to watch this special challenge. As many of you know, we were attacked yesterday by those who believe violence is the best way to survive. However, that is not true, as we have proven. We need to work together, and do our best to get the town back to the way it was. It is my hope that by accepting this challenge, I can make you feel like everything is back to normal. Of course, our supplies are still too low to battle for entertainment, so I have instead set up an alternate challenge. I will send two of my pokémon into the maze. The challenger will send in one, and will attempt to find and 'tag' my pokémon within a time limit. If he manages to tag both of my pokémon before time runs out, he wins. We will each be able to view layout of the maze from these platforms, however, the inside of the maze is dark, so we will be unable to see each other's pokémon until ours are nearby. Flying pokémon are allowed, but they are not allowed to fly above the maze walls. Burrowing, and any moves that cause damage or require medical care to be recovered are forbidden.

Collin's Mon starts at O14, Joan's at A1.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rules Summary:
    No moves that cause damage
    No Center frequency moves
    No flying above maze walls
    No burrowing under maze walls
    To win you must 'tag' Joan's pokémon, which is effectively an AC2 melee attack with no effect.
    Only pokémon of Medium size or smaller can fit. Large pokémon can fit if they are snakelike.

Grid is an image because making it into a table is far too tedious and time-consuming.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ettin in the Playground

Before heading in Dave notes where the control panel is on his map for future investigation. while at the gym he will use a PC to switch Flappy for the Rotom, but will save the "welcome to the team" bit for after he finds the others believing it would be good to have backup just in case the mon decides to freak out. He then takes a seat and wonders who s challenging Joan.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will step up and give his own little speech: "I was born elsewhere, and have roamed the lands far and wide. This island, however, is the first place that I have called home. We will recover from this, growing stronger for the struggle. I thank Joan for the honor today of challenging her and hope not to disappoint those watching."

He'll send out Coatlicue to represent his team. She was the fastest 'mon he had and so Collin thought her his best shot.

On Coatlicue's turn, she slithers over to L9, not yet coming to any passages where a decision can help.

Spoiler
    Show
    Coatlicue's speed is 12, overland is 8

how close is close enough to see? 1m away? 2? have to be in melee?
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-28 at 01:42 AM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You can see 1m around corners that you can see, and up to 4m in a straight line if a wall does not block it. You can also see the entire layout of the maze, just not contents until you are close by.

As Coatlicue's ball releases her into the maze, Joan tosses her two balls in on her side. You can hear a growl come from the other side of the maze, but there is no other indication of what she is using.

Coatlicue is at L9. Joan's pokémon are at unknown locations.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Coatlicue will move to N9, Collin figuring that he might catch one off guard if he hurried to the intersection.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coatlicue moves as commanded, and hears movement nearby, but cannot see the source.

Coatlicue is at N9. Joan's pokémon are at unknown locations, but at least one is nearby.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave thinks Of course it would be Collin to challenge Joan... Hmmm I wonder if glowing mon that phase through walls would be legal for this?

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

Coatlicue will advance down the corridor to N6. If nothing shows up by there, she'll continue to the crossroad at K6. If she doesn't detect anything there, she'll hold still for the rest of her turn.

Of course, if she does see something, she'll go after it with whatever movement remains to her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ac 2 - (d20)[20] - just in case

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Coatlicue reaches K6, she spots Houndoom just disappearing from the edge of her sight at K10, and chases after it to K8, seeing it run around the corner at K12. As she gives chase, she can hear the sounds of another pokémon nearby that she cannot see. It sounds closer than the Houndoom that had been spotted.

Coatlicue is at K8. A Houndoom was last spotted at K12, Joan's other pokémon is nearby.
    Last edited by Kairose; 2012-12-01 at 05:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Collin directs Coatlicue to go down the side twist there to M7 and tag the other 'mon if it's there. If it's not, she'll go back out and head back to K5, hoping that one of them is near that intersection again.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coatlicue does not see anything in that small side path, so she heads back to the intersection, seeing nothing, and waits for her next command.

Coatlicue is at K6.
    A Houndoom was spotted at K12, headed north two rounds ago.
    Joan's other pokémon was near K8 last round.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

On a hunch, Collin will have Coatlicue slither her way to C6.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coatlicue heads towards Joan's entrance, hearing an unseen pokémon running the entire way.

Coatlicue is at C6.
    A Houndoom was spotted at K12, headed north three rounds ago.
    Joan's other pokémon was near K8 last round.
    One of Joan's pokémon is near C6

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to see his hunch paying off Collin has Coatlicue snake around to B7 to intercept where he believes his foe to be.

Spoiler
    Show
    of course, if the foe is encountered before then, Coa won't be running past them.

touch attack, just in case, ac 2 - (d20)[6]

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coatlicue rounds the corner at B3, and spots a Houndoom at B5. She lunges at the flaming hound, and manages to get a hit in, stopping at B4 and tagging the first target out.

Coatlicue is at B4.
    One Houndoom eliminated. Joan's other pokémon unknown.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Grinning in satisfaction, Collin will direct Coatlicue back to F6. On the following turn, Coa will advance to K6 and, assuming she gets no clues as to the whereabouts of the other 'mon, she will finish the turn at I5.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coatlicue returns to F6, and then continues to I5 as directed, only stopping to make sure there's nothing visible from the intersection. There have been no signs of another mon since the Houndoom had been tagged out.

Coatlicue is at I5.
    Joan's remaining pokémon unknown.