New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1398
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Training Validated. The night is uneventful for the trainers, and they wake up in the morning well-rested.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wake whenever. Since most of you went to bed around 8:00 PM, you can wake up as early as 4:00 AM. Collin spent a couple more hours training, so he waits until 6:00 AM minimum. You'll have a bit of free time in the morning before stuff starts happening, depending on when you choose to wake up.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having gone to bed very early, Mueki wakes before the sun does. At 0400, she climbs out of the hay stack she had slept in and did her rounds of the bred Pokemon, returning all of them to their Pokeballs and grabbing the four eggs. Carefully balancing the group, she sets them on an unused incubation table in the Breeding Room to retrieve later.

Mueki crept about, not wanting to wake anyone, but decided to see if she was early enough to get some nocturnal Pokemon. What she truly needed was some money, but was hopeful that if she got a Pokemon she didn't need she could find a survivor to part with some money and/or goods for it. She decided to search the nearby area, a formerly urban area.

(1d100)[55]
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-28 at 10:41 PM.
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ettin in the Playground

close to 4AM Dave drifts to consciousness its still early he never really could force himself to sleep more than 8 hours he thinks hmm made it the night with a breeding fest next store maybe I'm not as puke prone as I thought he rolls over to stare at the ceiling and sees 3 masses poking out of the sleeping bag on top of him the first he recognizes as growler and the second as another meowth he assumes is Bastet aww he was lonely and wanted to spend some time with his sister thinks Dave he then tries to make out the 3rd mass in the dark silhouetted against the ceiling it was plain and round is that an egg? but I gave mueki the psyduck egg where did this one come from? his eyes dart to the meowth's but that would mean... uh oh "OFF QUICK!" shouts Dave just before he is forced to cover his mouth suddenly all the mons in the room are awake and the meowth's grab their egg and leap off the bed as Dave rolls out and scrambles for the door, slams into it as he finds it swings inward not outward, loudly rushes through the hall to bathroom and slams the door behind him making it to a toilet or drain just in time.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-10-28 at 10:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

The next morning, Collin will wake up and seek out Joan.

"Miss Joan, I know that things have turned upside down recently, but I was wondering if you'd be willing to let me challenge you for a gym badge this morning. I think it would be good for people to have a spectacle to watch to help distract from the grimness of our situation. Also it would be something that would help things start to feel "normal" again."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    After searching for a bit, you come across a round pink pokémon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speed 2+ beats it, so I'm fairly certain any of your mons would go first.

Hatch times for eggs, as of 4AM:
    Starly: 4.96 Days (119 hours)
    Eevee: 17.9 Days (430 hours)
    Sandshrew: 6.4 Days (154 hours)
    Gible: 20.75 Days (498 hours)

Collin:
    Joan looks at Collin with an annoyed expression. "You're asking for a battle now? Medical supplies are too scarce for that, and I'm not sure if you've heard, but we were attacked while you were gone yesterday. Steve died in the attack, but we were able to hold them off. I can't be battling so soon after that just for a challenge."

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not much to say here. Hatch time for the Meowth, as of 4AM:
    Meowth: 7.25 Days (174 hours)

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairose View Post
    Collin:
    Joan looks at Collin with an annoyed expression. "You're asking for a battle now? Medical supplies are too scarce for that, and I'm not sure if you've heard, but we were attacked while you were gone yesterday. Steve died in the attack, but we were able to hold them off. I can't be battling so soon after that just for a challenge."
    "Then perhaps not a battle itself but some other sort of contest or challenge to show people that things are getting better and things will return to normal? I think it would do people good to see their gym leader accept a challenge of some sort again."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki reaches confidently towards her belt for one of her Pokemon, then paused. "Wait... didn't I use my last Pokemon on that Rattata yesterday?" Mueki looks in her bag, scrambling for a Pokeball, to no avail. She slumps her head down, depressed.

She glances dully at the pink Pokemon. "I was going to battle you, but there's no point now. I couldn't catch a cutie like you anyway..." She plops on the ground before looking at the Pokemon. "You know, it would be a lot safer in the Gym with everyone else. It's dangerous out here now, you want to come with me?"

Charisma: (1d20+3)[10]

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake wakes up around 4:00 AM, and after taking a few minutes to prepare himself for the day, tracks down his other Pokemon and returns Varen to the PC system before making his way out into the arena proper. Seeing Collin in a discussion with Joan, he decides to do a sweep of the area for any dangerous Pokemon that might be prowling the streets during the pre-dawn hours. He quickly forges a mental bond with Celeste as he heads out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channeling Celeste, and looking for wild Pokemon in the area near the arena.

Perception: (1d20+4)[7]
    Roll: (1d100)[53]
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-28 at 11:48 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

after cleaning himself up Dave trudges back to his room "sorry about that" he says to the mons "and congratulations I'll make sure it gets to the mueki she's good with eggs" Dave recalls the mons gets dressed and takes the egg to the breeding center not finding Mueki there Dave heads to the gyms pokeball workshop and looks at the bag of broken balls. Repairing a ball was a mentally tasking job and Dave was beginning to fall behind he needed a way to catch up so after he tries to repair Blakes dusk ball he starts breaking the standard ones apart for good parts
    Spoiler
    Show
    repair dusk(1d20+6)[24]

salvage basic(1d20+6)[25]
    salvage basic(1d20+6)[26]
    salvage basic(1d20+6)[25]
    salvage basic(1d20+6)[19]
    salvage great(1d20+6)[22]
    salvage ultra(1d20+6)[10]
    salvage ultra(1d20+6)[23]
    salvage ultra(1d20+6)[14]

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    The pink puffball looks at Mueki curiously. It doesn't seem afraid of her, but it probably wouldn't react kindly to bringing it back with you just yet.

Collin:
    "A challenge would be good for morale...alright, I think I have an idea. Go do something else for a couple hours and meet me in my battle room back at the gym."

Blake:
    As you look around the arena, you spot a floating round purple pokémon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No grid, speed 4+ beats it

Dave:
    You manage to repair Blake's Dusk Ball, and salvage the various balls for ^1650 worth of materials, which you immediately reforge into new ones.
    Last edited by Kairose; 2012-10-28 at 11:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks at the Pokemon curiously, scanning it with his P-Gear, but otherwise making no hostile moves. Let's see what this is, first, he thinks to Celeste.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

with the materials Dave makes 2 ultras, a great, and 4 basics he then goes to find his friends and distribute the balls

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki was heartened by the Pokemon not fleeing and smiled at it, rummaging in her pack for some ingredients. In a short time she had a tasty treat for the Pokemon, holding it out for it. "Aren't you a cutie. Here you go. If you come with me, you'll get a lot more."

Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Food! I am now out of monies.
    Charisma (1d20+3)[15]
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-28 at 11:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will spend the time training Isonade, pushing her just a little harder. She's almost to a breakthrough. Collin can feel it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d10x40)[480]

rolling the first one for now then will roll the other. If this one's enough to level her, the second one will have a higher multiplier.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Isonade was pushing herself to the limits, trying her best to make Collin happy, and then, bam! She hit the wall and it was an impact. She just hit something, and it hurt the thing!

Other than that one time yesterday that she bounced way up high, she's never done that before. It felt... good. It felt powerful.

She eagerly starts tackling every wall in sight for the next hour.

Collin was pleased. The second stage of Isonade's potential was unlocked.

Spoiler
    Show
    and another hour!

(2d10x60)[960]

The training completed, Collin will head to Joan's battle room.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Blake:
    As you scan the pokémon, it emits a cloud of gas around it. However, it doesn't seem to have noticed you, and just seems to be a natural occurrence for the pokémon, which after a few moments, your pokédex identifies as a Koffing.

Mueki:
    The puffball seems overjoyed as it eats the food you prepared for it. It really seemed to enjoy it.

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Training Validated. Possibly on hold for a bit while the two encounters are cleaned up.
    Last edited by Kairose; 2012-10-29 at 12:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki holds her arms out for a hug, changing her position to a kneel. "I don't have any Pokeballs, but how would you like to come with me anyway? I can promise more of that..."

Charisma (1d20+3)[10]

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

Collin was still asleep at this hour, and the others seemed to have left already so Dave looks around outside for them before heading to the arena. At the arena Dave will track down the gym trainer named Anna that Joan mentioned and ask her if anyone has gotten any intel out of that bomber's monferno yet, but its still early so he's not about to wake anyone up over it.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-10-29 at 04:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks at the information on the Pokemon, before shrugging. Koffing, eh? Interesting... he thinks to himself, before sending a command to Celeste. Alright... hit it with a Tackle, Celeste! The Umbreon nods in assent and rushes at the unaware Pokemon, hurling herself at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste attacks the Koffing with Tackle.

Celeste: Tackle - AC: (1d20)[11] v 3 + Phys Evasion, (2d8+14)[26] Normal Damage plus (2d8+6)[11] on Crit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    The pokémon happily jumps into your arms, happy at the promise of more food.

Blake:
    Celeste's body rams into the Koffing, surprising the toxic pokémon. It reacts my emitting a cloud of thick smog at Celeste.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste Tackles Koffing for 16 damage
    Koffing hits Celeste with Smog for 1 damage

Dave:
    You find Anna looking tired just inside the arena. When asked about the Monferno, she replies, "Still not talking. After we lost a gym member in yesterday's marauder attack, I was extra hard on it, but it still refuses to talk.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wait back up! marauder attack? why didn't anyone say anything about this yesterday?" he then thinks of the bandit "How many were there and did anyone get a good look at them?"

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki happily squeezes the Pokemon, glad to have a new friend. She immediately goes to seek out Dave, hoping to get a ball from the mechanically inclined Trainer.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake smiles and thinks, Keep the pressure on it, Celeste. The Umbreon nods before backing off slightly and charging at it again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste: Tackle v Koffing - AC: (1d20)[13] v 3 + Phys Evasion, (2d8+14)[23] Normal Damage plus (2d8+6)[15] on Crit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    You find Dave at the arena talking to a woman from the gym, overhearing part of their conversation. "...I don't think anyone saw any faces. I'm a bit surprised you didn't know about it myself. I guess everyone you spoke to since you got back was too shaken up."

Dave:
    Hard to say, probably about a dozen or so of them, and I don't think anyone saw any faces. I'm a bit surprised you didn't know about it myself. I guess everyone you spoke to since you got back was too shaken up."

Blake:
    Celeste's body rams into the Koffing once more, this time causing it to surround itself with a wall of smoke.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste Tackles Koffing for 13 damage
    Koffing surrounds itself with Smokescreen walls

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave asks "were they favoring a certain type of pokemon? the duo we found here seemed to lean towards fighting types. A detail like that it could make the difference between IDing them as organized bombers or just a ragtag band of hungry people"

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki looked between the two, confused. She was far too polite to interject, and waited for their conversation to finish.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave notices Mueki and says"oh morning! I got some stuff for you" he pulls out two basic balls and a meowth egg and hands them to her "I lost track of who gave me how many basic balls but somehow I wound up rebuilding eight of them so here is two. as for the egg if you're going to ask where it came from all I'm going to say is 'I looked at the ceiling'" he then returns his attention to Anna
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-11-02 at 10:46 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki looks at the offered items, then looked down at the armful of pink Pokemon she had in her arms. Mueki sets down the Pokemon and accepts the items gracefully, smiling and thanking Dave before retreating a ways to allow him and the other person to finish their conversation.

Mueki pulls out one final scrap of food and holds up the Pokeball she was given, holding the ball in front of the food. "If you want the food, get in the ball, okay cutie?"

Charisma: (1d20+3)[5]

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, and pulls out a Pokeball, flinging it at the center of the smoke cloud. If this doesn't work, hit it again, Celeste. The Umbreon nods, readying itself for another charge at the Koffing if needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blake: Basic Ball v Koffing - Capture Attempt: (1d100+5)[29]

If Uncaptured:
    Celeste: Tackle v Koffing - AC: (1d20)[15] 3 + Phys Evasion, (2d8+14)[26] Normal Damage plus (2d8+6)[17] on Crit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    The pink puffball just reaches for the food, tears in it's eyes.

Dave:
    Anna just blinks at his short conversation with Mueki. ...right. They just seemed like ordinary people who decided violence was the best way to get by in this situation. Some of them didn't even use pokémon.

Blake:
    The ball flies into the smokescreen, ensnaring the pokémon within it, and you hear the sound indicating a successful capture shortly after, the smokescreen fading away to reveal the ball sitting on the ground in the middle of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 15 Male Koffing, Careful, Levitate