New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1398
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Mueki shivered in fear but firmed her resolve when she noticed her allies take offensive actions. She pulled out another ball and threw it violently, releasing her Ryhorn. "Ooraku, use Stomp!"

The Pokemon roared before lumbering forward slowly, rearing up and planting his feet on the rightmost serpent.

Ooraku appears on E7, charges to D7
    Stomp vs 2 (Flinch 15+)(1d20)[4]
    Stomp (3d8+22)[38]
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-10 at 10:33 PM.
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave's knife and Collin's rock both miss their target, while Blake's Dusk Ball flies past the serpent, hitting the wall and being crushed by the large serpent it was meant to capture. Meanwhile, Biter sinks her fangs into the serpent nearest the door, who returns the favor. The serpent next to it sinks it's fangs into Ooraku, while the most injured one does the same to Slasher. Ooraku counterattacks by following Pel's poisonous stinger into the one that attacked him, and Maia knockes it out by tossing a rock on top of it.

{table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10
    A||G1|G1|G1|||G2|G2|G2|
    B||G1|G1|G1|||G2|G2|G2|
    C||G1|G1|G1|||G2|G2|G2|
    D||||Bi|||Oo|||
    E|G3|G3|G3|||||||
    F|G3|G3|G3|||||||
    G|G3|G3|G3|||||||
    H||Sl||||Ma||||
    I|||||DS|BD|Pe|||
    J|CB|||Mu|MS|||||
    [/table]

Initiative:
    DS - Dave
    CB - Collin
    MS - Mueki
    BD - Blake

Sl - Slasher
    Bi - Biter
    Mu - Murasaki

G# - Opponents - G3 is Paralyzed, G2 is Fainted

Pe - Pel
    Oo - Ooraku
    Ma - Maia +1 Defense Stage

Spoiler
    Show
    Summary:
    Dave's Arms Attack misses
    Collin's Arms Attack misses
    Blake's Dusk Ball misses and breaks
    Biter bites G1 for 15 damage
    G1 bites Biter for 26 damage
    G2 bites Ooraku for 19 damage
    G3 bites Slasher for 11 damage
    Pel's Poison Sting scores a critical hit on G2 for 15 damage and poison status.
    Ooraku stomps on G2 for 30 damage
    Maia throws a rock at G2 for 60 damage, fainting it.
    Last edited by Kairose; 2012-10-10 at 11:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki pulls out one of her only two Pokeballs and orders, feeling more confident that one was down, "Ooraku, use Horn Attack on that one!" She gestured with her off hand at G1, then waited for Ooraku's charge. She threw the ball after Ooraku hits the Pokemon.

AC 2 Horn Attack (1d20)[4]
    Damage (3d8+22)[39]
    Capture (1d100+5)[60]

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

as dave curveballs an ultra ball at G3 he says " biter return, slasher hit whatever serpent you find in front of you" biter is recalled and slasher gets ready to pounce
    Spoiler
    Show
    capture(1d100-12)[69]
    damage: 4

faint attack:
    hit(1d20)[7]
    damage(1d10+26)[36]

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake grimaces as the ball is crushed by the massive Pokemon and thinks, I hope Dave can fix that... Looking at the situation he nods to himself, saying, "Keep it up, Pel... hit the other one in the back!" The Weedle obediently fires another poison sting at the farthest conscious target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pel will hit G1 with Poison Sting.

Pel: Poison Sting v G1 - AC: (1d20)[14] v 2 + Phys Evasion(Poisons on 17-20), (1d6+8)[9] Poison Damage plus (1d6+3)[7] on Crit.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-10 at 11:14 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will cling to consciousness and keep his head down for now.

Maia curls up again to defend herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave's Ultra Ball strikes the serpent, which everyone's pokédex now identifies as Gyarados, ensnaring it. However, it isn't long before the ball bursts to pieces, freeing it, and leaving it open to another hit from Slasher, and Murasaki's previous attack once again prevents it from countering. The Gyarados behind it sinks it's fangs into Ooraku, while the rhino pokémon follows Pel's stinger into it, Mueki's poké ball not far behind. Like before, the ball ensnares it's target, but is easily shattered by the Gyrados before it can be sealed. Maia once again resumes her defensive stance.

{table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10
    A||G1|G1|G1|||G2|G2|G2|
    B||G1|G1|G1|||G2|G2|G2|
    C||G1|G1|G1|||G2|G2|G2|
    D|||||Oo|||||
    E|G3|G3|G3|||||||
    F|G3|G3|G3|||||||
    G|G3|G3|G3|||||||
    H||Sl||||Ma||||
    I|||||DS|BD|Pe|||
    J|CB|||Mu|MS|||||
    [/table]

Initiative:
    DS - Dave
    CB - Collin
    MS - Mueki
    BD - Blake

Sl - Slasher
    Mu - Murasaki

G# - Opponents - G3 is Paralyzed, G2 is Fainted

Pe - Pel
    Oo - Ooraku
    Ma - Maia +2 Defense Stages

Spoiler
    Show
    Summary:
    Dave's Ultra Ball deals 4 damage, but fails to capture G3
    Slasher's Faint Attack hits G3 for 28 damage
    G1 bites Ooraku for 13 damage
    G3 is Fully Paralyzed
    Pel stings G1 for 1 damage
    Ooraku's horn strikes G1 for 31 damage
    Mueki's Poké Ball fails to capture G1
    Maia's Defense is raised 1 stage, for a total of +2 stages.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

"third time's the charm! Quick attack slasher!" dave throws another ultra ball and Slasher attacks and possibly injures a gyarados with a quick swipe of its claws shifting as necessary
    Spoiler
    Show
    capture(1d100-12)[78]

quick attack:
    hit(1d20)[8]
    damage(1d12+17)[29]

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will pick up and throw a rock at G3, in imitation of Maia's thrown rock at G1.

Spoiler
    Show
    ac 6 - (d20)[12]
    physical normal - (d10+7)[12]
    rock throw, ac 4 - (d20)[12]
    physical rock - (2d8+24)[27]
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-10 at 11:36 PM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods as Pel's stinger hits again and says, "One more Poison Sting at the far one, Pel!" The Weedle responds with a poisoned barb flying towards the farthest Gyarados.

Mueki calls out, "Ooraku, hit it with another Horn Attack!" as she watches carefully to pick her target before flinging a Pokeball to capture one of the Gyarados. The Rhyhorn roars in response before attempting to gore the Gyarados with its horn again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pel will attack G1 with Poison Sting again.
    Mueki will attempt to capture G3 if it isn't captured or fainted by someone else - she'll try to capture G1 if G3 is already caught before her turn. Ooraku will use Horn Attack on G1.

Pel: Poison Sting v G1 - AC: (1d20)[11] v 2 + Phys Evasion(Poisons on 17-20), (1d6+8)[10] Poison Damage plus (1d6+3)[5] on Crit.

Mueki: Basic Ball v G3(or G1 if G3 is caught/KO'd prior to her turn) - Capture Attempt: (1d100+5)[73]

Ooraku: Horn Attack v G1 - AC: (1d20)[17] v 2 + Phys Evasion, (3d8+22)[37] Normal Damage plus (3d8+10)[19] on Crit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave and Mueki's balls both miss their marks, but for once manage to stay intact, and Collin's rock strikes the closer Gyarados, creating an opening for Slasher to strike, knocking it out. The remaining Gyarados sinks it's fangs into Ooraku once more, knocking it out before it could strike. Pel distracts the last Gyarados with another sting, while Maia's rock lands on it, finishing the battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Summary:
    Dave's Ultra Ball fails to capture G3
    Collin's Arms Attack hits G3 for 4 damage
    Mueki's Poké Ball fails to capture G1
    Slasher quickly strikes G3 for 21 damage, knocking it out.
    G1 bites Ooraku for 15 damage, knocking him out.
    Pel stings G1 for 2 damage
    Maia's throws a rock at G1 for 42 damage, ending the battle.

Excluding Collin's Ace multipliers, Pel and Maia each get 3000 experience.
    Slasher, Biter, Murasaki, and Ooraku each get 1500 experience.

Shortly afterwards, Pel begins to glow, forming a cocoon around herself. The glow fades, revealing that she has become a Kakuna.
    Last edited by Kairose; 2012-10-11 at 12:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will scan the weedle's evolved form as he considers the brutal workout Maia just went through. Maia, for her part, seems quite inspired by this fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    using brutal workout on Maia, giving her +100% xp for this fight.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake blinks as Pel begins to glow, before smiling widely. "I see you've grown, Pel..." he says as the light fades, revealing the cocoon-like Pokemon. Scanning it for recordkeeping purposes, Blake nods, and picks up the Pokemon. "You did a fine job, there, you know," he says quietly to the insect. "Thanks."

Carrying the Kakuna, Blake makes his way over to Collin. Setting Pel down, he then opens up his medical bag and says, "They did a number on you, huh? I'll patch you up... just be a bit more careful next time? Water tends to be pretty effective against Earth, after all..." he says, chuckling at his joke at the end as he bandages the most severe of Collin's wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remedial First Aid, roll in OOC.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-11 at 12:49 AM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave scans the bug "Am I the only one who finds it odd that we found three giant sea serpents up here?" Dave collects his knives and takes out the bandits burlap sack from earlier and puts the pieces of the two ultra balls inside. he then holds out the sack and says "alright everyone balls you want fixed in the bag I'll get to them when I can" then looking at Collins condition Dave remembered something his mom would do when someone was close to passing out "hey Mueki do you know how to make energy drinks? I think Collin might need one"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-10-11 at 10:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Collin pants, trying to focus through this muddy haze in his vision. Blake's attention helped, but he still felt kinda woozy. Those snakes bit hard.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods and puts the pieces of the broken Dusk Ball, as well as the broken Poke Ball from earlier, in the bag. "Don't worry about rushing yourself, Dave."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki rushes to her Ryhorn's side, sparying him with a Potion to get him back on his feet. While she waited for him to awake, she takes out her hunting knife and examines one of the bodies. Finding all the Gyarados still alive, she calls out Matowaritsuku. "Okay Mato, you know the drill. It's just... bigger game."

The Ekans obediently Wrapped around the neck of a fallen Gyarados, constricting it until it actually expired. While she waited for the Atrocious Pokemon to die, she scanned the new Kakuna, pulled out her tarp, and called out Punipuni. As the Gyarados finally died, she pulled off her overlarge coat to reveal a tight blue T-shirt and approached the mouth.

She quickly started to cut the tongue off, throwing it on the tarp she had set out before getting the revived Ooraku to push the carcass onto it's side so she could access the throat. Mueki started to work her knife into the thick scales, apparently trying to gut the Pokemon now. Punipuni, seeing the tongue splatter on the tarp, used his Freezer capability to chill it for storage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Potion: (2d12+10)[23]
    I am letting her companions act before I do anything else.
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-11 at 08:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

Rather startled to see the normally withdrawn girl engaging in such a grisly task, Collin says, "I will not judge you harshly for your actions, but I really must insist we do not kill another deliberately in such cold blood." Collin's pretty sure he'd rather not kill more of these magnificent creatures.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake watches her begin her task, and walks over, saying, "You need any help? This isn't much different than any of the dissections I've had to do at the academy... though I never dissected anything that was potentially going to be food later."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki finally manages to get the knife into it's tough scales and started to work her way down the body. "It's food. Gyarados meat isn't the tastiest in the world, but there is a lot of it. I figured I would store what we could, use it as a peace offering. I can put maybe a hundred pounds of it in Ooraku's saddlebags, which means it will go with him into his Pokeball. The rest we offer to these people."

Mueki looks at Blake, smiling brightly. "Sure! It's tough work, these scales. If you take over this knifework, I can start getting these organs out."
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-11 at 08:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't think its much different from slasher and coatlicue sharing that staravia earlier. Like they say on the farm 'waste not, want not'. And besides wilds would have scavenged them while they were passed out anyway, but that being said we should focus on packing light." He takes out two of his knives, and hands one to Blake to help the work go faster. They need to get moving again soon.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-10-11 at 09:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods as he takes the knive and begins working even as he answers Dave, "If nothing else, any food that we can keep is less that they'll need for the refugees. It's more just a matter of helping our chances of survival in the longer term than it is killing in cold blood." The latter is addressed to Collin, though Blake never takes his eyes off of his work, looking at the Gyarados scales carefully before starting to make some cuts, working with as much precision as he can given the material.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Dwarf in the Playground

The gyarados is quickly carved up, and it's meat stored as appropriate. Shortly after they finish, Pel begins to glow once more, 'hatching' from her cocoon. The glow fades, revealing her new form as a Beedrill.

The time is approximately 3:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave cleans off the knives with some sanitizer from blakes first aid kit. "ok through the next door I'll go first" he swaps out slasher for nosey and tries to open the door

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki had managed to place a good hundred pounds of now frozen meat into Ooraku's saddlebags, who she then recalled. The remaining hundred-fifty of meat was in the tarp.

Mueki then orders Punipuni to freeze it completely, making an ice block a half-foot thick around the tarp. "There. We'll come back for it, the ice should dissuade scavengers, who will probably go for the other two." She returns Punipuni, Ooraku, and Mato, leaving only Murasaki out.

She nods her head firmly. "Let's go."

Perception (1d20+4)[13]
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-11 at 09:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake blinks at the glowing Kakuna, watching as she hatches in her new form. "Wow... nice, Pel!" The Beedrill buzzes happily around Blake as he smiles, before turning to follow the group, looking around carefully as he goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20+4)[6]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a bit of a pull, the door easily opens...and falls right off. on the other side is another staircase. This one, fortunately, seems much less broken.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wisdom Checks before proceeding up the stairs Mueki passed.

When she gets through the door, Mueki notices what appears to be a frozen door concealed next to the staircase.
    Last edited by Kairose; 2012-10-11 at 09:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

"yeah considering what we found in between I'm not going to dip my wallet I'd rather it stay lost" say Dave as he shines his light up the stairs and listens closely. he also scans the bug again at some point
    Spoiler
    Show
    WIS(1d20)[1]
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-10-11 at 09:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki blinks as she looked at the frozen door before casting a suspicious gaze at Punipuni's Pokeball. "I'm pretty sure I told you to only freeze the meat..."

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

"hmm? say something?" says dave looking back