New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

He turns to the red one and scans it. "I see you. You won't be catching me unawares. Now, if you really think a man out here all alone with only his trapinch for company looks like an easy meal: consider that I came here alone. Through the mountain. I am unconcerned with the dangers here. I respect you and would rather not fight if I didn't have to. You can find an easier meal than a man prepared for the wild." He slips out his last ball and begins to slowly back off without taking his eyes off the red one. "Know what this does?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Your stance and loud words seem to strike something in the small green spiders. They scurry away, one or two to a tree, each not looking at you or the red one. But you are. You watch as the giant red spider drops from the branches and lands just feet in front of you. It doesn't attack, but stares at you with dark, purple eyes. You're close enough to smell the blood on the horn and you realize it's fresh. They must not be that hungry. You stand your ground and do not waver, and after about ten seconds of this the red spider turns and leaves slowly. Ignoring you as too difficult a meal.

A moment later your dex informs you that it was an Ariados, and that it's about 2:25 PM.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Collin scans a green one as they flee.

He calmly and slowly walks back the way he came out of the forest. Once he's clear of the trees, he activates his emergency beacon and collapses, hugging Sybaris to himself. "Well, Lady Sybaris, that was a close one. You were really brave back there. You held your own perfectly. Now, we've made quite a few new friends today, and I need you to set a good example for them as their leader. No one will ever replace you or your special place in my heart, okay? If you ever start to question that, remember this encounter and remember who I had with me by my side through it all. Not Ganga, not Isonade, not anyone but you. You've got something special the rest of them just won't have, and that gives you a bigger responsibility, okay? Think you can lead the rest and show them how a good 'mon behaves?"

The trapinch cuddles in close to her master and grunts an agreement.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    You are able to scan a Spinarak and as you wait beside the mountain you realize how close you came to being eaten. The thought occupies your mind for the 20 minutes it takes for someone to find you. "Come on kid, you're pretty close to the exit," the old man from the shack says as he reaches you. He leads you back into the mountain and three right turns later you're back in the city. He takes the beacon and the flashlight from you and reoccupies his little shack.

It's 3:00 PM.
    Games GMed

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

"^400 sounds good to me." Looking at the field, Blake nods, saying, "Varen, stay high - try to keep out of the dog's reach." He scans the bird across from him before continuing, "Now get in close and Growl!" The Misdreavus nods, sliding forward at ground level before rising into the air, stopping itself a decent distance above the two Pokemon, and letting out an eerie growl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Varen moves to J6(Overland), then to C6(Sky), rising up to an altitude of 3 meters, then uses Growl on both opposing Pokemon.

Growl v. Vu, Po - (1d20)[5] v 2+SPD Evasion, -1 Attack CS on hit
    Growl v. Po - (1d20)[14] v 2+SPD Evasion, -1 Attack CS on hit
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-08-28 at 08:53 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Collin:
    You are able to scan a Spinarak and as you wait beside the mountain you realize how close you came to being eaten. The thought occupies your mind for the 20 minutes it takes for someone to find you. "Come on kid, you're pretty close to the exit," the old man from the shack says as he reaches you. He leads you back into the mountain and three right turns later you're back in the city. He takes the beacon and the flashlight from you and reoccupies his little shack.

It's 3:00 PM.
    Now that it's over and the enormity of what he just went through hit him, he heads to the pokemon center to heal his party.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake and Dave:
    The twins accept your wagers. As Varen speeds ahead his vicious growl sets the other two pokemon on edge. The bird leaps into the air and flies just above Varen, trying to look intimidating as it leers at him. But strangely it doesn't seem to affect the ghost pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]X|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11
    A|X|X|X||||Po||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||Vu||||X|X
    C|X|||||Va|||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X||||No||X|X|X[/table]

Va-Varen 3 meters up.
    Vu-grey bird 4 meters up. -1 Atk CS
    No-Nosey
    Po-grey puppy -1 Atk CS

Games GMed

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

"lets not be too hasty nosey get set up and scout them out" nosey moves to j6 and uses odor sleuth on the dog
    Spoiler
    Show
    hp:37/37
    def:9
    sdef:7
    spd:4

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake and Dave:
    Nosey now has the puppy's scent, and she's locked on to the little guy. In turn he comes a little closer and howls loudly, bolstering his own confidence.

Spoiler
    Show
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||Vu||||X|X
    C|X|||||Va||Po|||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||No||||X|X
    K|X|X|X||||||X|X|X[/table]

Va-Varen 3 meters up.
    Vu-grey bird --- 4 meters up. --- -1 Atk CS
    No-Nosey
    Po-grey puppy

Collin:
    It's a long walk back to the Mall and the pokemon center, but soon you reach it. You take the now familiar red elevator up and hand off all five balls to the Chansey. She indicates it'll be a 20 minute wait and takes the tray into the back room.

It's now 4:10 PM.
    Games GMed

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding to himself, Blake says, "Astonish that bird with your skills, Varen!" The Misdreavus nods, quickly slamming into the bird Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Varen uses Astonish - AC: (1d20)[3] v. 2 + Phys Evasion(target Flinches on an 18-20), (1d10+11)[20] Ghost Damage plus (1d10+4)[10] on Crit

Varen:
    HP: 31/31
    DEF: 6
    SPDEF: 10
    SPD: 10
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake and Dave:
    Varen slams into the bird just above him and causes some damage. The bird retaliates by flying over to the side and throwing a gust of wind at Varen. It doesn't seem to bother the ghost too much, only doing 4 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X|||||Va||Po|Vu||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||No||||X|X

Va-Varen 3 meters up.
    Vu-grey bird --- 3 meters up. --- -1 Atk CS
    No-Nosey
    Po-grey puppy
    Games GMed

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

"ok nosey there is your opening Go For It!" with a loud toot of its horn nosey sprints to D7 and tackles the pup
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack: tackle, normal
    hit: (1d20)[6]
    damage: (2d8+12)[18]

hp: 37/37
    def: 9
    sdef: 7

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Blake and Dave:
    Nosey now has the puppy's scent, and she's locked on to the little guy. In turn he comes a little closer and howls loudly, bolstering his own confidence.

Spoiler
    Show
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||Vu||||X|X
    C|X|||||Va||Po|||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||No||||X|X

Va-Varen 3 meters up.
    Vu-grey bird --- 4 meters up. --- -1 Atk CS
    No-Nosey
    Po-grey puppy

Collin:
    It's a long walk back to the Mall and the pokemon center, but soon you reach it. You take the now familiar red elevator up and hand off all five balls to the Chansey. She indicates it'll be a 20 minute wait and takes the tray into the back room.

It's now 4:10 PM.
    Collin takes this time to ponder his experiences thus far. He had gotten lost, most of his friends had been injured, and he was nearly penniless. In fact, if he did not have somewhere free to stay tonight, he's not sure he'd be able to sleep tonight.

Still, despite all that, he has met some true companions in the past two days. Also, there is a... connection with the people and pokemon here that is almost irresistible. Surrounded by earth on all sides, he's never felt more connected to the Spirit. He spent his childhood wandering, enjoying the wonders of the world but never feeling as if any of them were home. Home had always been a tent in the circle around the campfire at night with his family. Here and now, he thinks he's finally found a place that felt the same way. He also has a new family. The ever-faithful and powerful Sybaris, the loyal and devoted Ganga, the energetic Rhea, rock-solid Maia, and even quiet little Isonade. Each of them had a special place in his heart that he was sure would only grow deeper as time moved on. He felt a connection to his pokemon, felt the Earth calling to him through them.

"One day we will show them all." he said to no one in particular. He wasn't sure just what they would show or to whom, but he knew it would happen one day.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake and Dave:
    Nosey's attack strikes true and the little puppy takes the hit hard. In return he throws a tackle at Nosey that does 15 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X|||||Va||Po|Vu||X
    D|||||||No||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X

Va-Varen 3 meters up.
    Vu-grey bird --- 3 meters up. --- -1 Atk CS
    No-Nosey
    Po-grey puppy

Collin:
    The Chansey soon waves you over and returns your pokemon. It's 4:30 PM.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-08-28 at 10:31 PM.
    Games GMed

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding to himself, Blake says, "Varen, close in on the bird, and Spite it!" The ghost nods, swooping around the bird Pokemon and scowling spitefully at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Varen moves to C9, 4M up.
    Varen uses Spite on Vu - AC: (1d20)[13] v. 2 + SPD Evasion, if successful Vu's last move used(Gust) drops one step in frequency.

Varen:
    HP: 27/31
    DEF: 6
    SPDEF: 10
    SPD: 10
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-08-28 at 10:37 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake and Dave:
    Varen's Spite worked like a charm and now the bird seems hesitant to try the same attack twice. Instead she dives at Nosey and hits him three times with a fury, but his tough hide only allowed 10 damage through.

Spoiler
    Show
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X|||||||Po|Va||X
    D||||||Vu|No||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X

Va-Varen 4 meters up.
    Vu-grey bird --- 1 meters up. --- -1 Atk CS
    No-Nosey
    Po-grey puppy
    Games GMed

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

"gotta act fast nosey ditch the bird and take that dog down!" nosey dances over to C9 and flails at the pooch
    Spoiler
    Show
    move: flail, normal
    hit: (1d20)[13]
    damage: (2d10+15)[31]

hp:12/37
    def: 9
    sdef: 7

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Collin:
    The Chansey soon waves you over and returns your pokemon. It's 4:30 PM.
    "Thank you kindly, madam. My girls mean the world to me."

Collin will release Maia to travel with him as he moseys on over to the park. He keeps an eye out for any likely trainers to battle with.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake and Dave, and Mika and Chuck:
    Nosey slams into the small puppy, her trunk wrapping around its neck and as it falls there's a loud CRACK and the room goes silent. Ben tries to recall the Poochyena, but to no avail. "No, not again! Not again, dammit!" Cathy recalls the Vullaby and shoots you a dark look before going to her brother. Sarah comes in, drawn in by the yelling, "What's going-" She stops when she sees the dead Poochyena in the ring and it dawns on her.

Before she can react anymore, a pain so intense arcs through Daves mind and blood spurts out of his nose and tear ducts. Cathy tackles Ben to the ground before he can do it again, but by the looks of it Dave is out cold.

"You, new guy!" Sarah says to Blake. "Save your friend's life and your position in this gym is secured!" She turns to Cathy, "Get him stable before Joan gets back. Now!" She turns to Mika next and says, "Go to the Mall, find Fred and tell him I locked myself out of the office. Under NO circumstances do you utter the truth near the others." She points at Chuck next, "The gym is closed to non-members, please come back in a few hours if you had any questions."

Cathy Nods and pulls her twin through a few walls, in order to distance him from this.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-08-29 at 04:41 AM.
    Games GMed

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

in all the commotion nosey looks around confused and when no one is looking she picks up something shiny and holds it to herself close for comfort

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake begins moving towards Dave's fallen form even before Sarah says anything to him, kneeling down and shifting him to lie on his back. Fighting back panic, he begins thinking over his lessons on how to deal with psychic injuries. Quickly working to stabilize his fallen friend, he cleans away the blood and moves his head into a stable position before working to minimize the injuries. After a couple of minutes, he looks over his work, and says, "I've done everything I can here... I don't know if it's going to be enough, though."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The gym:
    At Blake's words Sarah bolts out of the room and is gone only a moment before she returns with a syringe labelled "Enriched Water". She takes an estimated guess and pokes it into one of Dave's arms. She presses down on the plunger and withdraws the empty needle. After about 6 seconds, Dave wakes up, blood still dripping down his nose a bit. Sarah looks up at Blake and says, "Get him either to the hospital, or another one of those syringes. They're sold at the Mall."

Collin:
    You quickly find a trainer willing to battle. "Okay, how about 1 on 1. No outside items, no trainer interference. How much you want to wager?"
    Games GMed

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake says, "I'll be right back, then." He turns and quickly runs out of the center, Varen following in his wake, making his way to the mall to pick up an Enriched Water and bringing it back to the gym.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Mika watches in horror as the Phanpy kills the Poochyena, she stares at the Poochyena's limp body until Sarah's yelling snaps her out of it. She begins to run to the mall looking for Fred. Her pokemon follow quickly behind her seeming to understand how dire the situation is.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Chuck:
    Sarah smiles again and adds, "Don't call me 'Ma'am', I'm barely older than you. As for cooperation, well if we need an extra pair of hands with a walking flamethrower, we'll give you a call." She leaves you in the battle room with the others and returns to the front room, probably to watch the door.

"Well, register my P-Gear number, and give me a call if anything happens. I will take a stroll and get familiar with the city. If I find a suitable place and given permission, I might as well setup a ranger outpost here." That said, Chuck gets his Pokedex, gives the P-Gear number to Sarah, and starts to walk around the city to know it better and scan as many Pokemon as he can.
    Last edited by Leahn Novash; 2012-08-29 at 04:39 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

The gym:
    At Blake's words Sarah bolts out of the room and is gone only a moment before she returns with a syringe labelled "Enriched Water". She takes an estimated guess and pokes it into one of Dave's arms. She presses down on the plunger and withdraws the empty needle. After about 6 seconds, Dave wakes up, blood still dripping down his nose a bit. Sarah looks up at Blake and says, "Get him either to the hospital, or another one of those syringes. They're sold at the Mall."

Collin:
    You quickly find a trainer willing to battle. "Okay, how about 1 on 1. No outside items, no trainer interference. How much you want to wager?"
    "How about $100?"

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Inside Dave's head: oh look at all the pretty pokeballs... oh thats how that works I should try that some time... what was I doing earlier? lets see... a match? yeah did I win? I think nosey knocked the pooch out and then... owowowOW! ok what ever happened its Not a good idea to think about it *gets enriched water injection* Ow Ow Ow! hey I think I can open my eye's now... do I really want to do that? well everything in here is beginning to hurt so might as well... woah every thing is blury! what am I looking at? I think I can make it out... the ceiling? ok ceiling is bad I was not looking at that earlier... why does my face feel wet? you know what I Don't want to know. And Who Is Poking Me! oh its just nosey... wait nosey! Your alright! come here girl don't worry I'm not dead... well if your still standing I guess we won right? not that it matters I'm just happy your alright. nosey overjoyed to see that her master is not on the verge of death snuggles up close and stares at him intently. any observers would feel compelled to say "awwww"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-29 at 09:30 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mika:
    You hurry down the street, all your muscles screaming with instant action. It only takes you ten minutes of running to catch up to the large group of gym trainers and you soon find Fred at the head of said group. You relay your message through panting breaths and he says, "Locked out? But why wouldn't- Oh! Okay, she's locked out. I'll go back with you." He looks back to his group and says a quick goodbye, even rolling his eyes for effect, and goes back to the Gym with you.

Once you arrive you find the seen very much like you left it. Fred quickly steps in and takes control. "Sarah, back to reception. The others will take a while." He looks at Mika and says, "New girl, I need you to promise you will not talk about this. We can't handle another accident like this. Here, take this pokeball and go exploring or something, message Sarah before you come back. Oh, and welcome to the gym."

(You gained 1 Pokeball. It's empty)

It's 10:00 AM when you leave the Gym.

Blake:
    You run to the Mall, eventually having to slow yourself into a light jog in order to keep breathing. It takes you a while and your legs start to burn halfway there. You embrace the sweet invention of elevators when you arrive and buy the "Enriched Water" for ^300. You then turn back and make the agonizing run to the gym, all the while thinking of how you can save Dave.

By the time you return someone else is in charge. "Excuse me, who the hell-" Fred's tone changes when he sees the "Enriched Water" and he starts digging around in his wallet while you administer the medicine. Once you're done and Dave seems to be back to his senses, Fred hands you a wad of cash. "^350 for the medicine and the run. I expect you to be discreet about this incident. Also, welcome to the gym, you're the newest member." Dave seems to be trying to sit up, his Phanpy curled up next to him. "Now help me get this guy into the showers."

Blake and Dave:
    Blake and Fred carry Dave through a large training room and out into a hallway. To your right is a door marked with a blue triangle and Fred leads you in there. Together, the lot of you help Dave clean himself up to almost normal. And then Fred addresses both of you, "Okay, congrats, you both passed the test. But before you go cheering," he looks Dave directly in the eyes, "you killed another trainer's pokemon." He pulls a shiny grey and black rock from a pocket and hands it to Blake, while still staring at Dave. "The pokemon you would have received is going to Ben. Which means you don't have a dark type. Which means I would like you to leave this gym until you catch one on your own. You can call Sarah when you get one." But he does reach into his wallet and pay you each the ^400 that you won.

He leads Dave back through the gym and outside before turning to Blake, "Look, thanks for your help. I'm sorry about your friend, but if he can't battle appropriately for a friendly match, we can't exactly trust him." He closes his eyes and you get the impression someone is sending him a message via telepathy. "Okay, I gotta go talk with Ben about what is and is not appropriate as well. You should go with your friend and make sure he's alright."

It's 10:45 AM when you both leave the gym. Dave needs to catch a dark type before he can return.

Collin:
    "Sounds good," the kid says as he releases a red crab pokemon at the same time you release Rhea. It seems to be faster and it takes only a few steps closer to release a stream of bubbles at your Sandshrew. They hit Rhea hard, dealing 16 Damage in total.

Spoiler
    Show
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D||||||Kr|||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X|||Rh|||X|X|X[/table]

Kr-Opponent
    Rh-Rhea

Summary: Rhea got hit for 16 damage.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-08-29 at 04:47 PM.
    Games GMed

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will scan it.

Rhe will rollout and smash the crab-like pokemon.

ac 4 - (d20)[17]

physical rock - (d10+17)[20]

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Rhea runs forward and at the last step spins into a ball and plows through the crablike pokemon, damaging it heavily. But it follows Rhea closely and stares her down.

Spoiler
    Show
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X|||||Rh|||||X
    D||||||Kr|||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X

Kr-Opponent
    Rh-Rhea -1 Def CS

Summary: Rhea hit her opponent. The other pokemon used Leer.
    Games GMed