New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

once outside...

*sigh* "this must be what a hangover feels like" dave says to blake "well I'll catch you later I have to get nosey to the center and either find a dark type or a different place to work. though I'm strongly leaning towards the latter" dave stoops down to recall nosey when he see's something cluched in her trunk "have you been hiding something there all day girl? well don't be shy lets see what you found" nosey drops a shinny stone in his hand "hmm looks like an evolution stone. Hey blake! any guess what kind of stone this is?" he holds up the stone so blake can see it while he studies it intently himself.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-29 at 05:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Her rollout continues ac 4 - (d20)[15]

rock physical - (2d10+21)[30]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Rhea's attack strikes true again and the Krabby, as your dex informs you, has fainted. "Okay, that was a good one," the other trainer says. He recalls the Krabby as you recall Rhea. "How about another round? ^200 wager this time?" He has another pokeball in his hand, waiting on your reply.

Rhea gained 200 XP. (If you win the next fight he'll pay you for both victories.)
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods to Fred, saying, "I understand the sentiment, though in all honesty I think it was an unfortunate accident - not the first time I've seen it happen. But I get where you're coming from, so no worries. Just tell Ben I'm sorry about all this, alright?" Taking the stone, Blake heads out of the gym with Dave.

Looking at the stone Dave shows him outside, Blake smiles, holding up his own stone. "That, my friend, is another Dusk Stone. Nice find, Nosey! Though, speaking of Dusk Stones..." Blake quickly recalls Varen, before bringing Celeste out of her Pokeball. "Alright, Celeste... I got one of these sooner than I had expected! Here..." He places the stone down in front of the Eevee, watching carefully - he'd never seen an Eevee evolve before.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-08-29 at 09:09 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

dave recalls nosey, pockets his stone, and watches too.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-29 at 08:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave and Blake:
    Celeste looks at the stone curiously before nudging it with a paw. At first, nothing seems to happen. But then she pulls her paw back and the stone gets dragged along with it. Looking worried, she begins to shake the paw wildly, letting out a mewling cry as she looks up at Blake with those round, brown eyes. And as Blake stare back into those eyes he watches as the brown lightens to red, how her ruff of fur about her neck begins shedding incredibly quick. She spasms and arches her back, which has elongated so disproportionately that she looks like a true monster. You watch her fur darkening to a somber shade of black, little rings staying a strange yellow color about her limbs and features. Those features that were once the friendly face of Celeste have changed. Huddled before you is an Umbreon. As it lets out a deeper growl than it used to have, the stone falls away from her paw, dull grey and useless.
    Games GMed

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Blinking, Blake quickly moves towards Celeste, saying, "Hey, you alright?" Placing a hand gently on the newly-evolved Umbreon's back, he tries to connect with his companion's mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Attempt: (1d100-15)[30]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

dave scans the umbrion

"well I have to get going text me if you need anything"

dave heads to the mall via north park street and will stop at any public restroom along the way to change his blood stained shirt for a fresh one from his bag. on the way through the park dave makes an effort to scan any pokemon that are out and about. once inside he drops off nosey's ball at the center and spends his wait time looking up any info he can about the local poke-lab

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Along the way to the mall, Dave spots and scans a Ducklett swimming in one of the fountains. He also finds a place to change his now red shirt out for a clean white one. He reaches the Mall and the Pokecenter within at 11:30 AM and the Chansey takes his Phanpy off to be healed. In the ensuing 15 minutes Dave is able to learn that the local Lab is actually operated by the same company that runs the Dusk Island Museum. There aren't any "Now Hiring" ads for it, but they probably don't have a high turnover rate. The Chansey returns you Pokeball to you at the end of the 15 minutes. It is now 11:45 AM.
    Games GMed

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Collin:
    Rhea's attack strikes true again and the Krabby, as your dex informs you, has fainted. "Okay, that was a good one," the other trainer says. He recalls the Krabby as you recall Rhea. "How about another round? ^200 wager this time?" He has another pokeball in his hand, waiting on your reply.

Rhea gained 200 XP. (If you win the next fight he'll pay you for both victories.)
    "Sounds good to me."

COLLIN will call out Maia for this one.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-08-29 at 10:13 PM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

As Blake links with his companion's mind, feelings wash over him, along with disjointed thoughts - as if Celeste is confused, herself. After a moment, the feeling fades, and a new wave of emotions rushes through Blake - confidence, pride, and elation come from Celeste as she begins stretching, and pacing about with her new form. Smiling, Blake thinks to her, You look good, girl... and I can tell you feel the same way. Feel like going hunting, see if we can add a new member or two to the team? The Umbreon's psychic voice echoes in his mind, deeper than he remembers, It will be good to see what I can do - though you don't really need others. You have me, after all.

Chuckling, Blake waves to Dave and decides to head out into the forests to see what he can find. As he goes, he quickly taps into Celeste's power, pulling a thread into his own mind for his use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Roll: (1d100)[58]
    Borrowing Helping Hand
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave has had thoughts of pokeballs in his head for as long as he could remember. Thoughts like how do they work? What are these parts for? What do these things mean? They would swirl around and around in his head like answers just out of reach when suddenly something clicked. He wasn't sure if it was because that pyschic shook something loose, or just convienient timing, but he felt an unexpected rush of confidence that culminated in to one thought yes I can do this

now knowing what to do dave decides to head to the market and see if he can get a decent price for this dusk stone
    Spoiler
    Show
    CHA (1d20-1)[3]

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    As you release your Geodude, the other trainer releases his pokemon as well. A large four-legged creature made of rock and stone paws the ground opposite Maia. It seems to be faster and it charges towards her in haste. He attempts to stomp her flat, but she deftly dodges out of the way.

Summary: He missed. Your turn.

Dave:
    It takes you a while to reach the Market, and then it takes even longer to sell the Stone. Eventually you find a buyer who gladly hands you ^2,250 for it. It's not full price, but that's likely the only reason you sold the thing.

It's now 1:15 PM.

Blake:
    You turn north, and leave the city behind as you travel through the tunnel and out into the forest. You and Celeste enjoy the spare rays of actual sunshine that filter through the trees. As you pass the path the campground a loud buzzing sound alerts you too late as an orange and black bug crashes into her... and promptly falls on it's ass. Celeste looks completely unharmed and the bug is struggling to roll over.
    Games GMed

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks at the bug, blinking, before pulling out his Pokedex and scanning it. "Hmm..." Hmph... he cannot even touch me. Chuckling at Celeste's mental commentary, Blake pulls out a Pokeball, watching the bug carefully. Get ready to hit it if it tries to run, alright?
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Collin begins to scan it.

"Okay, Maia, let's tackle it in turn!"

ac 2 - (2d8+20)[30]

edit: rolled a 9
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-08-29 at 10:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave accepts the money, and with ever growing excitement and confidence rushes back to the mall, and puts down ^1750 for a deluxe repair kit before heading to the lab.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Maia throws herself at the rocky beast from underneath and manages to do some damage to it. The other pokemone reorients himself and attempts a furious attack, but once again Maia dodges. She's used her hands to catch his horn and she's balanced on top of him.

Summary: You hit. He missed.

Dave:
    You rush back to the Mall and are able to buy the Deluxe Repair Kit (+2) for the majority of your new-found wealth, ^1,750. Then you head for the Lab. It's a long walk and you come to realize that the Lab is actually not too far from the Gym. Luckily no angry psychics seem to be hanging about and you make it to your destination untouched. A receptionist greets you and asks, "Can I help you?"

It's 2:45 PM.

Blake:
    The bug rights itself and emits a super high pitched shreik at Celeste, but nothing seems to happen. Noticing this, the bug seems to lose it's confidence and leaps into the air. It's currently 3m up, and 3m away.
    Games GMed

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

"Maia, curl up!"

She obediently curls herself... into more of a ball? Only the rockiest rock now shows.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

"yeah I have 2 questions 1.do you guys have a pokeball workshop? and 2.are they hiring or accepting volunteers in exchange for room and/or board?"

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake smiles even as he hears Celeste's mental voice say, It thinks it can escape me so easily... Nodding, Blake replies, By all means, correct it. You could see what it's capable of first. Celeste rushes towards the bug, throwing herself into the air at the flying Pokemon. Blake then flings his Pokeball at the insect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste: Tackle - AC: (1d20)[13] v 3 + Phys Evasion, (2d8+11)[23] Normal Damage plus (2d8+6)[17] on Crit.

Blake: Basic Ball - Capture Roll: (1d100+5)[21]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Maia hugs herself with her arms, losing grip on her precarious perch and falling to the ground. When you get a clear glance at her again you notice that she seems to be much smoother than before, more dense. The Rhyhorn, as your dex informs you, stomps the ground again, but misses Maia.

Dave:
    "If you're looking for a place to stay, you could try the gym," she says. You flinch at that and she says, "Or get a motel room, they're cheaper than the hotels. All of our staff live in the city, we don't higher transients."

Blake:
    Celeste hits the bug hard, but it doesn't faint. Which is good, because the pokeball that hits it absorbs it without a hint of struggle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats. Ledyba, Level 10, Female, Poised, Swarm, 7 HP left.

Celeste gains 100 XP. It's 11:30 AM.
    Games GMed

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Consulting his dex entry, Collin says, "Maia, we've got this! Go underground and tank up!"

Maia will burrow 4 meters underground and curl up defensively again.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

*sigh* "thanks any way"

once outside he releases biter "time for plan B biter I won't bore you with the details of plan A but nosey has seen enough action today and we need to find and catch a dark type hopefully today so your up can I count on you?"

Biter probably not catching all that was said puts on a serious face, and takes the lead as she and dave ventures into the nearest dark ally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    wild roll (1d100)[97]

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake thinks, Maybe we should find you something that's a bit more of a challenge? It would be nice to test my abilities... Blake chuckles at his companion's response before slipping the Ledyba's Pokeball in his pocket, and looking around for something else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Roll: (1d100)[39]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Maia burrows deep and raises her defenses twice more. Eventually she crawls out of the hole to find the Rhyhorn waiting. He stomps again this time hitting hard. Luckily Maia's more dense form prevented a lot of damage, and only 13 damage got through.

Dave:
    You spend an hour searching the alleys around the hotels across from the Lab and eventually come across a small Rattata, too scared to runaway. As you approach a blue blur of claws and red feathers cuts through the rat and starts eating it.

It's 4:20 PM.

Blake:
    You travel off the path a little, going west. As you walk you hear a rustling in the trees. You glance around once or twice, but notice nothing. You hear a thud behind you and when you turn to look, you see a rock had hit the ground. You turn around again and come face to face with a ball of fur with muscular arms and a pig nose. It swings it's arm down in a mighty Karate Chop on Celeste, dealing 10 Damage.
    Games GMed

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Maia tackles it again.

"Hang in there, baby! We can do this!"

ac 3 - (d20)[15]
    physical normal - (3d8+20)[38]

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Celeste's dual mental and audible cries of pain ring in Blake's ears as he turns to see the source of the attack. Seeing the Pokemon there, he quickly starts scanning it with his P-Gear before saying, "Celeste, take it down quickly!" Right. Celeste's response is brief as she rushes towards the pig-nosed Pokemon, striking at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste: Tackle - AC: (1d20)[16] v 3 + Phys Evasion, (2d8+10)[16] Normal Damage plus (2d8+4)[13] on Crit
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

"get ready biter" the bug assumes a defensive stance and dave opens with a spinning curve ball at the mysterious mon
    Spoiler
    Show
    curveball: 2dmg
    capture: (1d100+3)[21]
    come on dumb luck...

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Maia hits the Rhyhorn for some more damage and he responds with another fury attack, each one hitting Maia solidly, but not one breaking through her defenses.

Dave:
    The ball bounces off the pokemon and absorbs it. There's only a moment of struggle before the ball clicks to signify a catch and you're the proud new owner of a Sneasel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneasel, Level 10, Poised Nature, Inner Focus Ability, Male. Full HP.

No XP, it's 4:20 PM.

Blake:
    Celeste rams into the pig pokemon dealing a bit of damage before it strikes back with another karate chop, this one doing 22 Damage.
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

... "We've got this! Grind away at it some more! Prove who's the harder rock!"

ac 3 - (d20)[3]
    normal physical - (2d8+20)[29]